(Close Window)
Topic: How do I.......?
I've often read of a handkerchief with a (for example), wire form inside of it to mimic the shape of a glass, etc. Now, I understand that it's two handkerchiefs sewn together, but I must confess that I haven't a clue as to HOW to sew them together.

Overcast the hems? Undo the hems and re-sew both hankys together?

Any advice? Or is this a purchasable item (bearing in mind that I will be switching out whatver is inside for other things...dummy bills, coins, rings, etc.)
The two handkerchiefs sewn together with a gimmick inside is not the only way to "skin the cat." For a glass vanish, try using a wire bracelet that slips on and off your wrist. OFF to put under the handkerchief and simulate the glass you are about to vanish. ON to make the glass vanish and to be able to toss the ungimmicked handkerchief to someone to look for the missing glass. There are also sleights for vanishing coins and rings from under an ungimmicked handkerchief. I can't recall who invented it, but there is a dollar bill or billet vanish that involves rolling one corner of the handkerchief with your thumb to act as a feke for that purpose.

Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki makes an ordinary ungimmicked pocket handkerchief the star of the show in his "Babushka of Baba Yaga" from The Wizards' Journal #21.
They sell handkerchief for bills, rings, and coins. Bazar de Magia is on such manufacturer.

I don't understand your question, as sewing for say a glass gimmick is different for a bill or ring.

If you wish to make a home made product, you start from scratch by purchasing material/cloth with a busy design. Then sew wrong side out, and good side facing each other. Then turn inside out and stitch again around the edges. For a glass there is a final stitch I cannot mention on a open forum.

Good luck.