(Close Window)
Topic: Scream by Jamie Daws
SCREAM by Jamie Daws - ONLY 20 SETS AVAILABLE FOR HALLOWEEN 2012! - GET THEM FAST!!!

There is nothing better then getting that reaction that's your and your spectators hearts pumping. This effect does that and so much more. This psychological illusion drives your spectators down a dreadfully unsettling pathway that builds up to the shocking and unpredictable ending. What is the ending? Lets just say, it WILL make your spectators jump out of their skin.

The effect has been especially choreographed to be simple so you can focus on the all important presentation which is key to making this effect work. Its designed to unsettle your spectators, creep them out and ultimately, make them scream. Susanna Cartwright made the headlines in 1972. She murdered her husband in a secluded part of Illinois, America. One bullet to the head. She found out that just over a year after marrying, her husband had cheated on her. As a symbol of her strength against him, she then sliced of his wedding finger with his wedding ring still attached. She knew she had to turn herself in but by that time, she had been played by her late husband so many times, that she decided to play a game herself. She sent his finger in an envelope to the police with a note asking them to catch her before she kills her husbands lover. To this day, they have never found her.

Along with this graphic tale, an envelope is brought out. Folded with three photographs inside. One of an old house. The spectator is asked to take particular attention to one of the windows. Another photo is of some old dark woods. The last image is of Susanna herself clutching a death mask.

As the magician tells the tale, the photos are reintroduced to the spectators. But this time, they notice a women standing in the window that was just moments ago empty. A shadow lurking behind a tree in the woods and finally, they find that somehow, Susanna's face has been scratched out of the image!

Lastly, the magician points out the envelope that the photos were taken from. They suddenly realize, there is an address on it. Addressed to the police. Whats inside when they open it will definitely make your spectators SCREAM!

WHAT DO YOU GET?

You will receive an instant download with the instructions and printable photos. We supply you with one set of photos, the gimmick and the special something.

WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING?
'Jamie's new trick scared the hell out of me! It was morbid, creepy, and frankly, a little childish. I had him make me one as soon as possible!' - Liam Montier (www.Tricktastic.com)

"A great routine with a chilling build up and a shocking finish. Jamie has done an incredible job with this. A must for this halloween!" - Ben Prime

For More Info: http://jamiedaws.co.uk/Shop_Scream.html

Best Wishes,

Jamie Daws
Whatta story...i can see people getting freaked out with this...imagine being told this story just before you enter the haunted house attractions...sounds like a good one Jamie...
Jamie:

Looks great. If I get Download $ LIfe, does Scream come with that?
Thanks Junior! It is a pretty creepy story but it's such fun to tell. It is very morbid but if your gonna scare em, go for the jugular!

Thanks for your interest Magic, As the instructions are downloadable, the download for life option is an option!

If I can help anymore, please feel free to post questions or shoot me a PM!

Best Wishes,

Jamie Daws
Put my order in :D
Hope you dig it Nicholas!

Jamie Daws
I read through the pdf, a minor error in writing on the first sentence on page 7. Just an FYI, nothing big.

This is pretty sweet, I can't wait to get the gimmick/props to do this. A simple presentation and off we go, I can see myself really freaking some people out. This isn't anything earth shattering or ground breaking, but it is a real world and practical item. Cheap and practical :D
Just downloaded. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks Jamie
Nicholas put it perfectly! There is nothing ground breaking in terms of the method. Its a very simply executed effect. I think and effect like this should be all about the performance and the story behind it. that's exactly what ive done. One of my favourite Halloween effects is Alakazams 'Till Death Do Us Part' by Jim Critchlow. The reason I loved it is for its simplicity and the obvious thought that went behind it. If you haven't got Jims effect, I whole heartily recommend it!

Scream is all about the psychology of the effect. Last year I was going to put out a PDF filled with Halloween effects but I didn't feel as though it was quite right so I held it off. I lectured one of the effects on themagicsession.com (which you can view for free in there On Demand section) But I spent the past year trying around different aspects of effects in the PDF to see what each effects strength and weakness is. This would be a mix up of two of the original effects from the PDF. Let just say, when you get that end reaction with Scream, its awesome!

As a thank you to all those who have purchased Scream, ive just emailed out a link to an effect on my site called PING. Ill also send PING to the last few remaining people! There are a quarter of the first 20 available! Ill expect they'll all be gone by the end of the day so move fast! There will be future stock of these back but I cant say when it will be.

Best Wishes,

Jamie Daws
Only 4 remaining!

Best Wishes,

Jamie Daws
This sounds fantastic!

I'll have to get my order in soon!

Sf
Just Ordered mine jaime. Thanks!
Dan
By the way, is do you have a video of this performance that I could see?
Scream :: Halloween 2012 is officially Sold Out!

Thank you to all those who purchased it and I hope you get some great use out of it over the years!

There is not a demo but this effect will return again in the near future with all the trimmings. Those who got one of these 20 sets, you have a huge head start on everyone.

If I can help at all in any way, contact me at: scream@jamiedaws.co.uk

Best Wishes,

Jamie Daws
Jamie,supplied fast service on 'Scream',PDF!
Now,just to get the props/gimmick.
She,looks like fun!
And,I live next door to Illinois! Mwhahahah

Thanks,
~G
I have used this several times since receiving it yesterday and reactions have been great.

The short script is captivating but not too long, which is perfect for real working conditions. I will use this not just in the halloween season, but all year round as it's a great story type piece of magic and it's so easy to do.

One thing I have added is that inside the envelope I have a rubber severed finger with the "bang" gimmick attached to it(no one would give me a real finger).

You get an easy to do routine which will get people going and make them feel something for just £10.

Very good Jamie and worth more than you are selling it for.

Mike Donoghue
Hope you rock out with this Godzilla!

Thanks for the kind words Mike! Really glad you like the effect! LOVE the idea of a finger. Also, a little bit of fake blood on the envelope does a treat!

Best Wishes,

Jamie Daws
I've had a huge influx of emails in regards to Scream. Thank you all for your interest in this little ditty.

I've realised many missed out on getting hold of it. As such, those who did miss out should stay tuned to the magic Café, my Facebook or the website later tonight for your last chance to get hold of it in 2012!

Jamie Daws
[quote]
On 2012-11-06 14:13, JamieD wrote:
I've had a huge influx of emails in regards to Scream. Thank you all for your interest in this little ditty.

I've realised many missed out on getting hold of it. As such, those who did miss out should stay tuned to the magic Café, my Facebook or the website later tonight for your last chance to get hold of it in 2012!

Jamie Daws
[/quote]

Great news !! will be watching out.
Great little effect,at a good price! :)

Doing, a little aging to her...
I have just posted a link to only FIVE MORE SETS! These wont be available again untill next year sometime!

Get them quickly!

http://jamiedaws.co.uk/Shop_Scream.html

Jamie Daws
Got mine :) look forward to receiving the props! Thanks Jamie.
I got my props! I know it's after halloween, I'm still gonna go scare people :D
Ha! Enjoy the reactions Nic! Let us know how it goes!

Jamie Daws
*** you Jamie!!

I've now bought this.

*Should NOT browse the Café this often!!*
I ordered my scream packet as part of the original 20, the instructions were emailed very quickly, with the props arriving just before halloween. There are a few typos in the instructions, and the actual bit of work you have to do felt that it was a little unclear and rushed in its explanation. Even when the props arrived and I had the stuff in hand I kept looking at the photos and instructions thinking that doesn't look like mine?

I like the premise, its reads as a lovely bit of strange that could be played on any night not just halloween. The comments by others suggest they understood straight away what to do, and had no problems. For me I can't use it yet until I am clear exactly what is supposed to going on, and for my feeble mind a little more clarity in the instructions would have helped. My other thought was whether the photos could be larger? on two of the images the change that takes place is very subtle, and I found myself struggling to notice a difference. However rather like a marked card, once you see the marks its hard to ignore it.

In his email Jamie said he wanted any comments (good and bad) posted on this thread so that's what I have done, I will also email Jamie with my query and I suspect that it will be very easy for him to put me on the right track.

So in summary it is a great idea, and rads very well, assuming that the other 19 folk had no problems, then I am sure that it has been performed all over the place to great reactions, For the slower 5% like myself a little more explanation would be useful
BTW Jamie, just to clarify, I didn't swear at you Jamie (well, not a REAL swear word!) But it's made it an expletive anyway :)
Thank you for writing that our pennjarr. My literacy skills are terrible but for some reason two copies of the PDF were sent out. Many people said that their copy did not have the printable photos in it. I believe that the proof read version ( with printable images ) didn't upload. That's totally my bad!

As for the explanation, I agree. Any magician who has tried to explain anything in text will agree, it's very hard! That being said, I did receive one email from a chap asking for some sort of video. I have intact filmed a little something that I will make available to everyone who purchased Scream. I'll send the link out within the next day or so!

Hopefully that will help out massively! And I appreciate you typing that up pennjarr! Let me know (when you've learnt the moves from the video) how it plays!

Ha Tim! Hopefully it's worth it!

Jamie Daws
Supplement Video Sent Out! If you did not receive it, shoot me an email with your order number and ill sent it to you ASAP!

Jamie Daws
Jamie,thanks for the video!
I did not have my props before Halloween,but knew they would take a bit,to get to the States!
He did send me a email for prints,of the pics!
The one photo,that came with the prop,you could not see the something in the window. Put on glasses and still could not see the correct image. You can see the image,in the window in video,and on printable pics!.
Kind of a heads up,Jamie. You may need to look at the image photo of inside the window,before sending props!
Jamie,has been very helpful on any issue,with this effect! :)

Gary
I have received mine and have tried it out with good results. I may try including a severed finger like post above. I may also try printing out a larger photo so the changes will be easier to see. I should be able to find envelopes to fit.

I would recommend this to any one who likes this type of magic.
Hey Gary! that's most odd as all of the images printed were exactly the same! May possibly be a printer error! If you shoot me an email, id be happy to post you out a new set of photos!

Shak, A larger version works well with larger envelopes! The ones I sent the packages in are really nice to use!

Jamie Daws
E-mail sent!

Jamie, has been helpful in every way! :)

Gary
Jamie,

This is an awesome effect and very unique. It packs very small, can be repeated in about a minute and has a big impact. What I really like about this effect is that it is not another pick a card effect, or something where everyone wants to look at the props (because it had to be gimmicked to pull it off). The beauty of the effect is in its short, but powerful storytelling and its surprising ending. For those wanting something that will leave a lasting impression, Scream is a great choice.

The concept can quite easily be modified to make the ending less scary or very frightening.

For those of you wanting something unique, that packs small and has a lasting impact, I’d recommend you take a serious look at Scream.

p.s. Thanks also for the bonus video with extra handlings etc. Can’t say enough about this product! It helped me to see the envelope move performed which was a great help (it was clearly explained in the PDF, I just learn better from seeing things)

Dan
Hey guys,
Unfortunately I missed out on this one :-( Looks awesome, and am envious of everyone who has it...
If anyone inadventantly bought a couple, please pm me as I'm keen to get my hands on it...
Thanks.
Thank you for the lovely words about Scream Dan!

It really is a unique effect and its simplicity aids its impact. Ive had so much positive feedback from this and the emails have been flowing like you wouldn't believe!

Its not been the smoothest of releases from me but I hope everyone enjoys the effect and that the ripple of screams continues!

I do promise that this will be released again in the near future in one way or another!

Jamie Daws
SOOOOO UPSET THAT I MISSED OUT ON THIS! SINCE ITS WHAT I LOVE!!! Any chance of ever bringing this back/or having a mailing list to track it. I wish the Café would get an app already so we can get notices about stuff that we are keeping an eye...
Paisa23, I promise it will definitely be back in one form or another. Just check back to the Café, my Facebook/ twitter or to my website for updates!

and a Magic Café app would be epic and much needed!

Jamie Daws
This is a great little effect with a simple premise, a simple handling and a great ending. If you missed the release and it comes round again, make sure you grab it!

I finally tried this out on some of the technical crew at work the other night and they reacted brilliantly.

I didn't get the release with the printable photos but a quick email and Jamie rectified the problem immediately so 10/10 for customer service. I'm looking forward to hearing more of his ideas.

Tony
So glad your having fun with this Tony! They are the kind of reactions that you'll get from this kind of trick.

I love a good scream! I have just got in the large number of envelopes needed to produce this and production will start shortly!

Jamie Daws
[quote]
On 2012-11-09 19:21, paisa23 wrote:
SOOOOO UPSET THAT I MISSED OUT ON THIS! SINCE ITS WHAT I LOVE!!! Any chance of ever bringing this back/or having a mailing list to track it. I wish the Café would get an app already so we can get notices about stuff that we are keeping an eye...
[/quote]

Looks like the waiting is nearly over!

Decomposing and Screaming
SCREAM has been one of my most requested effects and very few people have had the enjoyment of performing it. Well, this Halloween, you have the opportunity to grab hold of it once again.

Limited to 50 copies this 2013 Halloween and with some new handling additions, Im pleased to announce, SCREAM is back for a limited run!

More info coming soon...

Jamie Daws
When Jamie?! When?! I have been waiting since last year for this.
Yes, please let us know, put me down for one anyway.
I already stated my excitment for this effect on FB (WILDER RUA) anyway I'm eager about this effect. To me this reads a lot like "He's Not There & The Forgotten" as to its not for all magicians but it is a gem for those of use who love this type of effect and spooky tales woth great errie reactions..
I thought id reveal a little bit more about SCREAM 2.0!

It was early 2013 I was talking to Dave Forrest about the effect and we were discussing ways to make it a bit more streamlined. In the original effect, you required 2 envelopes and 2 sets of images. However, Dave had a great idea of how we could get rid of one envelope and use only one set of photos! I trailed this version but found that the heat was on the item that was most dirty. I re-worked the handling and methodology to make it as streamlined as I could.

As a result of this, SCREAM 2.0 uses only ONE envelope. ONE set of images. ONE gruesome story. Practically working. NO switches.

Im so pleased with the evolution of this effect and I can promise you, this effect has been worked to an inch of its life! This is a real world effect that I am so incredibly proud of and I hold very dear to my heart!

I really hope those who get hold of it enjoy it as much as I do. All I ask is that those who purchase it keep the ending a secret from other magicians. Keep the curiosity alive!

Jamie Daws
DONE AND DONE! NOW GIMMIE!
Need!
When will it be ready, its driving me mad, worried that I might miss it when its ready.
After a ton of email and PM's, SCREAM 2.0 is now available for Pre-Order!

It will also come with a streaming video explaining the props!

Everything ships monday 21st october including your download packs!

Only 50 available in 2013!!

Jamie Daws
Purchased! Looking forward to the reactions at my Halloween shows!
So what's the ending? ah, never mind, it sounds right, I'm in.
I just couldn't resist...
IM IN!!! IM A COOL KID!
Just purchased ! Glad to see you re released it & even better this time around, I know it takes time to jump across the pond to the US so getting this before Halloween will be tight but hopeful. You were very prompt in shipping last time !
Thank you Jamie for another great & spooky photo story effect, always nice to have something different in the box O effects :)
Ordered it. Now there are 2 things I'm waiting for with a Halloween theme.
As soon as the photos come in, I plan on shipping orders ASAP! If they come in before the release date, PDF's and props will be sent at the same time!

We now have less than HALF remaining!

Jamie Daws
Great, just ordered mine.
Bought this. I love effects with pictures. I must say customer service is quite good. That in itself is worth the price of things these days. Cant wait to get it.
LOL ive ordered already and am still checking throughout the day so I don't miss anything...
Thank you so much for the kind words boonswain! I do try my very best to make sure everyone is okay and that every question is answered!

Jamie Daws
Only A handful now remaining!

Jamie Daws
Glad I got in on one of these limited 2013 puppies before they're gone, especially a 2.0 ! Can't wait to hear it's shipping :)
I got the download today.

Thanks!
We've just had some more stock in! But this time, its the most limited run of them we have!

only 9 of these available! Check out the ad copy now!

Jamie Daws
Scream is now available as an instant download! Since I brought this out, I've has countless emails asking if they can purchase just the PDF and photos for a reduced price. Well now you can! You get the Digital PDF and the Streaming video for only £10! You'll need to buy a couple of other things but they are incredibly inexpensive and very readily available world wide! You get the printable photos and after about 5 minutes of preparation, you are ready to go!

The download version is only limited to 75 copies though to act fast! :D

http://www.jamiedaws.co.uk/Shop_ScreamPDF.html

Jamie Daws
Very nice, Im loving mine.
Hi!
Halloween 2014 is near and I was waiting since the last one to get my hands on Scream!
Jamie any chance that it's gonna be available again in these days?
Also the digital versione would do the trick to me :)

Thank you
Simone
Heyo, would be interested too :)
Hey guys! Halloween is approaching! SCREAM digital editing is already available! Just requires you to get hold of some items.

-an enveloppe
-a piece of paper
-print out the special prepared photos
- a special something which is readily available all over the world for around £2 ($3-$4)

That being said, there will be a limited number of prepared sets available in the next week or so but this is will cost a but more!

If you like this effect, check out my other book: 'He's Not Here' mwha!

http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/Shop_ScreamPDF.html

http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/Shop_HesNotHere.html

Jamie Daws
Greaaaat !
Does somebody knows where I can buy the "gimmick" ? Or what the name if this object is ? I'm in France.

Thanks !
I have PMd you Vianns!

Jamie Daws
Purchased at once and already got trough the pdf, cannot wait to try !

However I'd need to know too where to buy the "gimmick" because I've never seen it in any kind of shops here in Italy.
I've tried searching in google but haven't found anything (at least using the name is called in the Scream instructions).

Thanks
If you have trouble finding the special something, just shoot me a message and ill send you a link to a place you can purchase it in your country!

So far I've helped people in France, Spain, Italy, America and Australia and its easily available inexpensively in these places! :D

Happy Scream Making!

Jamie Daws
There is now 20% off everything on site! Including the halloween effects 'He's Not Here' and SCREAM Digital Edition!

Type in the discount code: trick20treat during checkout!

Happy Tricking ;)

Jamie Daws
Welcome to the 2015 Edition:

Whats New In The 2015 Edition?
Instead of being hand made by myself, everything is now professionally produced and cut. No more thick images, everything is cut to perfection! The images have been retouched and have been made to look more authentic. One of the images is completely different meaning it is even more creepier. We also have a new streaming video teaching you about the props and everything you need to know about SCREAM! You get 2 thick black envelopes, two sets of pre cut images, the special something and printable images for the effect.So if you want to make your spectators SCREAM, grab the scariest magic effects available!

ONLY 50 AVAILABLE IN 2015!!!

In 2012, I released an effect that was designed to be a living horror experience. It had to creep your spectators out, engage them and make them SCREAM! It was released in a limited edition fashion and sold out over night! This year, I bring you, SCREAM 2.0. The original involved 2 special envelopes and 2 sets of images. It also required 2 switches. With SCREAM 2.0, only 1 set of photos is used and only 1 envelope used making this a workers dream! The handling is virtually self working and the props are as creepy as ever! Make sure you get your hands on one of my favorite Halloween performance pieces!
There is nothing better than getting that reaction that gets your spectators heart pumping! This effect does that and so much more...
This psychological illusion drives your spectators down a dreadfully unsettling pathway that builds to a shocking and unpredictable conclusion.
What is the ending? Lets just say, it WILL make your spectators jump out of their skin!
The effect has been especially choreographed to be simple so you can focus on the all important presentation which is key to making this effect work. Its designed to unsettle your spectators, creep them out and ultimately, make them scream.
Susanna Cartwright made the headlines in 1972. She murdered her husband in a secluded part of Illinois, America. One bullet to the head. She found out that just over a year after her Wedding, her husband had been cheating on her. Rage, pain and revenge played havoc with her mind. She then sliced of his wedding finger with his wedding ring still attached. She knew she had to turn herself in but by that time, her mental state was uncontrollable and her desire for revenge, relentless. Susanna decided to play a game with the authorities. She sent her late husbands finger in an envelope to the local Sherif with a note asking him to catch her before she kills her husbands lover.

To this day, they have never found her...

Along with this graphic tale, an envelope is brought out. Folded with three photographs inside. One of an old house. Another photo is of some old dark woods. The last image is of Susanna herself clutching a death mask.

As the magician tells the tale, he points out a women standing in the window that was just moments ago they hadn’t noticed. A shadow lurking behind a tree in the woods and finally, they find that somehow, there is now a hole where Susanna's face was second ago! This moment really will make your spectators gasp as they grab the photo and check it intensively!

Lastly, the magician points out the envelope that the photos were taken from. They suddenly realize, there is a letter inside. Their curiosity takes over and they feel they must look inside. But whats inside WILL make your spectators SCREAM!

Now Available For Pre-Order: Get a free download of your choice when pre-ordering! Just let me know in the comments box when checking out!

http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/scream.html

Jamie Daws
I WANT I WANT I WANT!! LOVE MY ORIGINAL!
Ha ha! Glad you're enjoying it Wilder! You'll totally dig the improvements!

Only half of these now remain! http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/home.html

Jamie Daws
Ordered!
Sounds great - is there a vid performance anywhere Jamie?
Thanks
Jamie,

I just ordered but didn't see a list of available downloads - did I miss a page somewhere? Looking forward to this - thanks.

ryan
Prince, There isn't as of yet, but there will be a video up in the next day or so of some of the reactions this receives. Just to give you an idea of how it makes people scream and gasp!

rgnprof, shoot me a message about what you mean man and ill help you out! :D

Jamie Daws
Two thirds now sold! Can't wait until you all get the chance to make your spectators SCREAM!!!

Jamie Daws
Here is a little taste of what SCREAM really does!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIPNM7aCAMI

Jamie Daws
Preordered :) Do you have an ETA?
SCREAM UPDATE!

Thank you all for your patience! I am pleased to tell you that SCREAM has finally be shipped!

Your digital Video Download, PDF and Photos will be sent to your inboxes within the next 48 hours!

I had some requests asking if extra gimmick and photo packs are available, I have made this option available to all previous purchasers now!

SCREAM REFILL PACK: http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/screamrefillpack

Equally, if you are a previous purchase of any version of SCREAM, I have set up an exclusive page for you. Simply follow the instructions and you'll be able told download the new photos and the new video download!

SCREAM PREVIOUS PURCHASERS PAGE: http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/screampreviousowners

Please let me know how you all get on with it! I hope you enjoy making people SCREAM!

Jamie Daws
Look at you!!! Thank you friend
Just to clarify for previous owners. It is the Scream 2.0 that you are pulling the words from not the original version. Took me a few tries to figure out it wasn't the original release.
It is indeed Paul! Thank you for correcting me good sir! :D Previous owners, the version 2.0 PDF!

Jamie Daws
Personally, I don't think Scream has anything to do with dark or bizarre magic. I think it is the worst kind of magic. Tricks like this, Jon Allen's Phobia (which this basically is) and Jim Pace's The Web are simply boys playing silly, unpleasant tricks on people. They give magicians a really bad reputation.

People like Dynamo, Derren Brown and Richard Jones in he UK and many others around the world, are doing everything they can to enhance the art of magic in the public's eyes and then these silly things come out and prove to the great general public that we are a bunch of rather spiteful, giggling schoolboys.

"But it's just a bit of fun" you say. "Yes", I say, "at the expense of the onlooker."

What a shame!
[quote]On Oct 27, 2016, James Fortune wrote:
Personally, I don't think Scream has anything to do with dark or bizarre magic. I think it is the worst kind of magic. Tricks like this, Jon Allen's Phobia (which this basically is) and Jim Pace's The Web are simply boys playing silly, unpleasant tricks on people. They give magicians a really bad reputation.

People like Dynamo, Derren Brown and Richard Jones in he UK and many others around the world, are doing everything they can to enhance the art of magic in the public's eyes and then these silly things come out and prove to the great general public that we are a bunch of rather spiteful, giggling schoolboys.

"But it's just a bit of fun" you say. "Yes", I say, "at the expense of the onlooker."

What a shame! [/quote]

Jeez!
Lighten up.
Just saw the VLog from Alakazam showing a full performance.

Cannot describe my disappointment.

This isn't magic. This is a dollar store prank with a $21 price tag. My only hope is that I will be able to ditch the ending and make something worthwhile out of the props.
What do you mean "Lighten up", reignofsound?

I am a professional magician, it's how I feed my children. Can you imagine me (or anyone) doing this at the Wedding Reception I will be paid to entertain at tomorrow night. In front of the bride or grandma?

Do you think it's OK to startle and scare the people you are performing to with a cheap schoolboy gag?

If you watch the VLog from Alakazam showing a full performance by my dear friend Dave, you will see the audience member is horribly shocked and says "I thought I was going to have a heart attack! Oh my God, you idiot!" Also, Dave doesn't look at all comfortable and finally giggles it off.

If this is the response ("You idiot!") you want from your audience rather than wonder and applause then, with deepest respect and love, I pity you.
I think you are right

I also think there is a time and place [audience] for this sort of effect

It's not a paying audience [of strangers]

It's to friends [who know you do 'real' magic] - it's for girls [you've just met] on a night out, it's a practical joke type effect

I thought it was perfect for my weekly meet up [only as it's halloween]

Not sure I would use it again

I also don't think the end effect [without the 'shocker' ending] will get much reaction - but they said on the video it would

I have to say the Vlog demo is much stronger than on the product DVD

I will find out if the ending before the bang gets any reaction - and let you all know

But I understand what you mean

I would never do it at a real show, this is mates, or to impress / scare a girl while out and about

I wasn't all that excited when I opened it to see what it was [as there was no performace footage before I bought it]

But let's put the candles out, and try it out... must make sure I have a defibrillator on stand by
What do you mean "Lighten up", reignofsound?

I am a professional magician, it's how I feed my children. Can you imagine me (or anyone) doing this at the Wedding Reception I will be paid to entertain at tomorrow night. In front of the bride or grandma?

Do you think it's OK to startle and scare the people you are performing to with a cheap schoolboy gag?

If you watch the VLog from Alakazam showing a full performance by my dear friend Dave, you will see the audience member is horribly shocked and says "I thought I was going to have a heart attack! Oh my God, you idiot!" Also, Dave doesn't look at all comfortable and finally giggles it off.

If this is the response ("You idiot!") you want from your audience rather than wonder and applause then, with deepest respect and love, I pity you. [/quote]

Why comment on an effect you have no interest in doing?
I doubt anyone on the Café would do this at a wedding.

Its a bit of fun for Halloween and gets a jump scare reaction.
[quote]On Oct 27, 2016, reignofsound wrote:
Why comment on an effect you have no interest in doing? [/quote]

Because I'm astonished and disappointed that anyone calling themselves a magical entertainer would do these type of effects.

In my humble opinion, they shouldn't be sold in proper magic shops but only by joke shops where you can also buy blackface soap, chewing gum that snaps the fingers of your victim and other horrible childish things.

I actually think that doing these type of tricks on unsuspecting people is a form of bullying.
Why comment on an effect you have no interest in doing? [/quote]

Because I'm astonished and disappointed that anyone calling themselves a magical entertainer would do these type of effects.

In my humble opinion, they shouldn't be sold in proper magic shops but only by joke shops where you can also buy blackface soap, chewing gum that snaps the fingers of your victim and other horrible childish things. [/quote]

Erm...

Criss Angel
Kevin James
Penn & Teller
Simon Drake
David Blaine

All do things for a reaction like that?
Jesus a cap to make a bang.
What about Simon Drake's Decapitation?

Ever thought some spectators actually like to be scared.
So sawing your arm tricks etc with fake blood just belong in a joke shop?

Just to add Peter Nardi has just sent an email out saying best reaction ever to the performance on the vlog.

Great effect for the Halloween season.
End of.
Erm...

Criss Angel
Kevin James
Penn & Teller
Simon Drake
David Blaine

All do things for a reaction like that?
Jesus a cap to make a bang.
What about Simon Drake's Decapitation?

Ever thought some spectators actually like to be scared.
So sawing your arm tricks etc with fake blood just belong in a joke shop?[/quote]

Dear reignofsound,

You have completely missed my point.

All those tricks and magicians are wonderful. I, myself, am also a theatre director and I have just won two awards for my production of Sweeney Todd. It was dark, scary, full of blood, slit throats and lovely shocks.

But no audience member was personally in danger or perceived themselves to be in danger.

I once performed the guillotine on stage and a grown man volunteered to help. Half way through the trick, he became genuinely scared and begged to be let out. Of course I let him out but it was deeply shocking and embarrassing moment for both of us and I felt I had bullied and abused him appallingly, albeit unwittingly. It was a lesson I have never forgotten.

There a "fourth wall" in theatre that should only be breached with great care. That's why Simon Drake does the guillotine on himself.

Tricks like Scream directly affect the "victim". They are invasive. That's what I find deeply unpleasant. How do you know whether one of your "victims" hasn't a genuine and deep-seated fear of bangs or spiders or what have you? How do you know what damage you might be doing? Yes, think of it, a magic trick causing actual or physiological damage to an audience member. Horrible thought, isn't it? We must have empathy to be performers.

But, of course, as I have said, it is just my opinion. :)
Also it's horses for courses

If you do card magic - you maybe don't see the point in coin trick releases

If you do shock magic - this might be of interest [?]

For me, I'm more into mentalism - but this is a Halloween effect for me

I did try one of the caps - as needed to know they would work - as the trigger doesn't seem very strong

They are louder than I thought

And in terms of this should be in a joke shop - I'm not sure there are many joke shops around, you mean sea side sweet shop that has some jokes and naughty items in stock [?]

If so - I doubt it would have been invented - as this effect needed a little more to come to market - then, hmm, this will sell in a shop full of candy rock ***'s [plural should be peni ?]
No Duster, the plural is ****ses or ***es if you use the Latin form :)
I am not saying that no one should perform this. What I am saying is that I would never, ever do the presentation shown in the VLog. I hate jump scares, I think they are the lazy way to "scare" someone. Startling someone is easy. It takes no skill, no thought, and does nothing beyond that half second except make people's heart beat increase for a moment. That is not "Scary" - scary is wondering if the shadow you saw out the corner of your eye is something that could hurt you in the dark. Scary is knowing something is chasing you and you can't see it. Scary is being in the dark in an unfamiliar house and hearing noises you can't explain. Scary lasts. Scary builds up. Startling someone just makes them not trust you any more.

The more I think about this, the more annoyed I get.

From the ad copy: "Over 4 years in development to give your spectators the ultimate live horror experience!" - It took 4 years to figure out that sudden, loud noises startle people?

"Imagine every ingredient that makes a killer horror film being used to create an experience like no other." - An experience like no other? An experience that anyone who has ever been in a Spencer's Gifts or any joke store is more like it.

Like I said, I will probably be able to make something good with the props, but this is a lesson learned the hard way.
No Duster, the plural is ****ses or ***es if you use the Latin form :) [/quote]

yeah it was a joke

I should have let you known it wasn't serious by at the end making a loud BANG
[quote]On Oct 27, 2016, WitchDocChris wrote:

From the ad copy: "Over 4 years in development to give your spectators the ultimate live horror experience!" - It took 4 years to figure out that sudden, loud noises startle people? [/quote]

Do rememberthe bang ending is new-ish

it's not how the trick used to end

it used to just be the 'head' shot reveal - that I don't hold out much hope for ... but will see when I perform this 'bullying' routine soon
Trust me - a well told story, with built up tension and that reveal, will stick with someone for years longer than "bang" will. This "bang" ending will destroy any impact this could have immediately, because now the story was just some words you said trick them into getting startled. They'll never question if it was a real story. They're not going to go home and Google that story. They're going to get startled, call you names, then forget about everything other than getting startled. That will be your legacy. Boo.
I bought the trick based on the trust I put on all alakazam releases....I will receive soon.
Today I saw the performance. I feel disappointed. Where is the magic in this???
It's almost like to make a ballon explode behind a person... he jumps or scream but still where is the magic???
I see it more as an overpriced child game, nothing more then that.
Anyway I will never buy I trick without watching the performance.
Lesson learned!!
This was my first Alakazam purchase. I took the risk due to their reputation as well as the amount of praise I've seen for Jamie's work.
Just watched the vlog. This is terrible. Jim Pace's (setting the person apart from the effect) The Web is much better than this.
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Oct 27, 2016 05:13PM)
I've seen a lot worse than this at nightclub magic venues. Its always your choice to decide what you will and will not perform. Plus you don't need to end with the cap you can leave it with the question of how did they see her eyes in a scratched out picture?

Good magic to all,

Eric
I think people are completely missing the point of this.

First of all, it's down right FREAKY when they look at the images and find all kinds of creepy things they didn't see. It's REALLY freaky when her face is missing when they were just looking at it moments ago. Then when the BANG happens, phew!

This is meant to be a scary storytelling piece. Imagine ghost stories around the fire. It's meant to jump scare them. That's literally the whole reason this was created. It wasn't created to be a magical piece.
Hey guys,

First of all, I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has purchased SCREAM and who are enjoying it! As always, it’s incredible to think there are people around the world investing in these crazy thoughts that manifest from my brain!

Secondly, thank you everyone for discussing SCREAM here! Wether your comments be positive or constructive, the time taken really means a lot to me and other magicians and of course, everyone is aloud their own varied opinions! Ill try and answer any questions and hopefully explain how SCREAM came about, why I created it and ultimately why I truly enjoy it and feel passionately about it!

James Fortune, I cinerary hope none of the spectators I have ever performed for think of me as a spiteful, giggling schoolboy! On the contrary, I hope I come across as a very caring, upbeat human being! I certainly don’t want to cause anyone any form of upset! I really believe i’ve been placed on this earth to make people smile and it’s a belief I live by. However, I completely get where you’re coming from. I love your passion, it shows you care about your art and I have a lot of time for that!

Witchdocchris, i’m sorry you feel disappointed by SCREAM. All I can ask is for you to try it out on someone. Gauge for yourself whether or not to use the ending and find out just how startling the first revelation of her face missing is! That alone really does freak people out! If you check on the Alakazam site, most of the reviews mention not using the ending!

The Duster, Thank you for your thoughts my friend! I hope once you’ve performed it once or twice, your views will change! :-D

Fero, Im sorry you feel disappointed by SCREAM. But I sincerely hope that once it is in your hands and you’ve viewed the DVD, it will all come together for you!

Kissadookie, I also love the WEB! It was one of the first tricks I brought many years ago now from Davenports in London! Now of course i’ve moved onto My Pet Boris for the more immersive experience, but I love them both dearly! I still think SCREAM has merit with this kind of ‘shock’ experience but I guess I am slightly bias!

So, now to hopefully address some of these issues! I am not a full time working magician. I am more of a semi-pro I guess! That being said, I have been gigging since 16. I gig regularly for TV studios, Theatre audiences. On boats, in restaurants, weddings. For high powered corporate executives, millionaires and celebrities. (The same as pretty much every working magician) So whilst I do not claim to know everything, I feel as though I have accumulated enough experience to know the right situations an effect can be used in and how ti utilise it. I have worked hard to achieve what I have in magic and I really do owe a lot of my life to it. I am as passionate as any other magician and I really do, whole heartedly care a great deal about what I create. I tell you all of this because I don’t want anyone to think that I don’t use these creations in the real world. I really do.

I also have a degree in performance and theatre. I have been around the arts since I was 6. Dedicated my whole life thus far to studying performance and theatre. From script to lighting. From set design to bizzar theatre spaces. Saturday school, performing arts college and University. I have been in the West End in concerts, plays and musicals so you can understand how I have fused my magic with my passion of theatre.

Scream came about whilst I was at University. For our final piece we were asked to trick the audience in someway. Provide an experience that would really mess with an audience. One of my fellow pupils decided to kit the theatre out in fresh grass turf and stage his own funeral. Another decided to devise a live game show in which the audience were invited to eat some truly horrendous things (including baby poo) in order to save their mobile phones from being dropped into a vat of water. My approach was to create a live horror experience. I examined everything that went into a horror film to make it scary. From the plot, to the imagery, suspense and making the audience scream. I literally picked the whole thing apart. In the end I actually ended up performing a fake acupuncture seminar in which the needle went through an audience members arm by ‘accident’. Anyway, it never left my mind and before I knew it, I had created the first version of SCREAM.

The original used two sets of photos, two envelopes and one banger. One set of photos showed Susannah and the other didn’t. It meant switching the photos in and out and it was a nightmare! It was once I showed Dave Forrest that he helped me streamline it to what you see now. A very simple effect but eerie.

For me, this isn’t a ground breaking piece of magic. Its not the newest method out there and its certainly not going to be the stand out piece in your performances. For me, magic isn’t about the tricks you are performing but rather, what impact they have on your audience. The experience they are having dictates everything. So when I created SCREAM, for me it was about the experience I am giving to my spectators. Everything about this routine has been meticulously thought out. The plot points out the ending at the brining allowing the effect (from a plot point of view) so circle around and end beautifully. The photos are unsettling and eerie. The envelope is black purely to draw attention to the letter. Much like good lighting will direct your attention to whatever is needed during a theatre show. The caps I use, I tried out countless styles and versions in order to get the most impact from that moment. In-fact, Alakazam sourced and shipped in those caps specifically at my request from Italy. If I didn’t care about my effects and what I produce, I promise you I wouldn’t go to this length to make it perfect.

During the inception of the trick, I looked at fear and what fear means to us. It is a primitive instinct built into humans and whilst it can be deadly, it can also be enjoyable. From a young age we use fear as a game. Peekaboo. Hide and seek. There is something humans enjoy about being scared. We go to see horror films to be scared! We know they are going to make us jump and that's why we go and see them! That being said, going to do an arachnophobe and performing Jim Paces The Web would be a horrendous thing to do! There is a place and a time for tricks like SCREAM and I have always and will always use it responsibly. To hark back to what I was saying earlier, I am a performing, gigging magician. No I haven’t used this at a wedding but yes, I have used this at parties, corporate events and for informal occasions. I use it right at the brining of the evening because inevitably, people hear the bang, there are screams, followed by laughter and instantly, everyone at that event is interested to see what is going on.

Those at the Magic Circle Dealers day in London on Saturday will confirm this! I performed SCREAM about 20-30 times and Dave performed it many more. In that time, everyone was wondering what was going on and we were constantly getting people asking us to perform it on their friends or mums or whatever. It is like a magic chain. One person wanted me to show it to their friend and then their friend wanted me to show it to his friend etc. It really created a buzz and everyone there will affirm, there were no negative vibes in that room. It was all fun and enjoyable! Equally, I have performed this literally hundreds of times and I have never had a negative reaction. I always choose my audience carefully because I am a professional who understand people.

I also tend to use this as part of a routine. So I would normally have the He’s Not Here photo tucked behind the letter. When they pull out the letter, the bang goes off but the pieces of the photo fall onto the table. This means they get the story, they get a real magic moment which is eerie and atmospheric (when her face disappears) Then the bang goes off which creates a break in the tension and creates laughter, and then they notice the pieces of photo on the table and suddenly we are back into the story. It creates a beautiful dynamic!

Anyway, I have babbled on throughout this and I should stop! I guess what I'm trying to say is, no one is wrong here. This is down to interpretation and personal experience. If you don’t feel comfortable performing this kind of effect, I appreciate where you are coming from. If you have purchased it and are unsure, please just try it. Just once and see the fun it creates. Those who have already performed it and enjoy it, I really hope you get years of laughter and astonishment from it!

Either way, whatever your views, I wish everyone well and I hope everyone has an amazing halloween! :D

Jamie Daws
As I said, I am not saying no one should do this sort of thing - jump scares have their place. Just not in anything I do.

I don't know how old you are now so saying you've been gigging since you were 16 means next to nothing to me - But that doesn't mean much to me anyway. I assume you are good at what you do, because I have no reason not to. I am not saying this is not well made, nor am I criticizing you as a person or performer.

However, I can say that I have been scaring people since I was 12, and I am about to turn 35. I have spent over two decades doing haunts, creating scares, writing horror, and studying the psychology of scaring people. I have developed a particularly psychological style of scaring people and it sticks with them. I would never do something that completely dissipates the scare unless the person started having a breakdown (which has happened). Jump scares do that - you can build up the tension, then "boo!" and it's all gone. They laugh, they call you names, they forget about the story you told. Because that story becomes, in their mind, something you said so that you could make them jump.

Personally, I would much rather tell the story that freaks them out and sits with them. Something they may dream about that night. I have been brainstorming and I think I already have a presentation I can use that suits my desires. I am sorry to say, though, I will never use the caps. There is no startle that can be as satisfying to me as a good story and reveal.
I also like the sublime approach. Deceased is very well adapted to a memorable story that stays with participant. Great effect and a strong subtle multiple revelation, Deceased.

What a shame! [/quote]

Hear hear!
[quote]On Oct 27, 2016, The Duster wrote:
It's to friends [who know you do 'real' magic] - [b]it's for girls [you've just met] on a night out[/b], it's a practical joke type effect

[/quote]
:rolleyes:
Dear JamieD,

Your post is very interesting and I like your attempted justification of Scream except, I believe, it cannot be justified as "harmless entertainment".

As Duster says "it's a practical joke type effect" and, therefore, has no place in the repertoire of a working magician.

As WitchDocChris says "They're going to get startled, call you names, then forget about everything other than getting startled. That will be your legacy. Boo." What a shame.

In your comments you say "going to do an arachnophobe and performing Jim Paces The Web would be a horrendous thing to do!" Indeed it would. Bullying then?

But how will you know? How will you know in a mix and mingle or table-hopping event or even in a pub, how will you know whether the person you have selected to do The Web to has arachnophobia or not?

And when you select someone to perform Scream on, how will you know if they have ligyrophobia?
It seems like a fun effect, goodness. I consider myself a serious magician. I'd do it. Maybe more around the fire pit with a few drinks in everyone's hands. Maybe just casually, but I'd do it, and I wouldn't worry about it.

Honestly, the worry about this reminds me of all these young kids needing "safe spaces" on campus, and talk about "trigger words".

People's butts these days (all the millennials I know) are getting tighter.

Fine, it's not "high-brow" magic or theater. But I'd do it at a gathering or party I'm invited to and not think twice about it. Champagne pops and people get startled and laugh, people scare others and so on. Again, at the neighborhood ugly sweater party I go to every year, the outdoor fire pit down the street, so on.

I may not put it into rotation at a serious event, others might.

But people will be okay and others won't think I'm not a good magician if I do it.

It looks like fun to me. I get called an idiot often (usually my wife) so I might as well earn it.
[quote]On Oct 28, 2016, Nathan Alexander wrote:
It seems like a fun effect, goodness. I consider myself a serious magician. I'd do it. Maybe more around the fire pit with a few drinks in everyone's hands. Maybe just casually, but I'd do it, and I wouldn't worry about it.

Honestly, the worry about this reminds me of all these young kids needing "safe spaces" on campus, and talk about "trigger words".

Fine, it's not "high-brow" magic or theater. But I'd do it at a gathering or party I'm invited to and not think twice about it. Champagne pops and people get startled and laugh, people scare others and so on. Again, at the neighborhood ugly sweater party I go to every year, the outdoor fire pit down the street, so on.

But people will be okay and others won't think I'm not a good magician if I do it.

It looks like fun to me. I get called an idiot often (usually my wife) so I might as well earn it. [/quote]

Well said.
[quote]On Oct 28, 2016, Nathan Alexander wrote:

It looks like fun to me. I get called an idiot often (usually my wife) so I might as well earn it. [/quote]

So basically what you are suggesting is this one is suitable for those magicians who are called idiots often? :rotf:
If it's a badge I must wear... :)
Just kidding, mate :)
Ha! I know.
[quote]On Oct 28, 2016, MazingMandy wrote:
[quote]On Oct 27, 2016, The Duster wrote:
It's to friends [who know you do 'real' magic] - [b]it's for girls [you've just met] on a night out[/b], it's a practical joke type effect

[/quote]
:rolleyes: [/quote]

Yeah that was sort of what I was saying, but didn't want to spell it out

I only got it as a Halloween one off

My get togethers are on Thursday's [yesterday]

and for the first time ever I 'chickened' out of doing the magic in the meet up

I didn't tell anyone, so they didn't know I decided to not do something

I have done really big and brave effects - that have involved a lot of audience management, and this is the one I got cold feet over

I just didn't believe the missing head was going to get much

And so I was left with a story, and a shock ending... which didn't feel like it was going to be bullying - it just didn't seem right

I guess stuff I've done in the past has had an effect on people, and they have tried to work it out, and been puzzled/amazed

Maybe I was worried this would cheapen what had gone before

Maybe I'm just a puss ie

I don't know

But in regards to this being a practical joke/for guys to do to impress girls on a night out - that's all it's shown as in the demos

I will see what new endings are put up on the website and see if any of them sit better for me
Again, I'm not saying no one should do jump scares, and I'm not even saying that serious magicians shouldn't do jump scares. What I am saying is that jump scares destroy tension and drama, and that is not something I aspire to do.

My order should be here today or tomorrow. I hope today, but we'll see - my mail carrier isn't always enthusiastic about getting stuff delivered promptly, I just don't have time to go to the post office since they moved it to the next town over.

If I get it today I suspect I will be able to play with it soon and test out my theoretical presentation.
I bought my copy of SCREAM at Alakazam in pre-order.
I received it last week and have performed it 18 times yet.
The reaction of the spectators is always great and different, but ends always with a good laughing.
I like this trick a lot!!! I do not think it's a kids-joke. (so isn't "The little hand" for exemple, which could be made bloody for Halloween ;)

The props are superb and EVERYTHING is supplied: Photos, letter, envelope, banger, "ammunition" and DVD.
(One negative: I ran out of caps and at this date I cannot find caps that are loud enough. In my country the available caps are practically inaudible.
They only make smoke and smell. I am waiting for Alakazam to sell refills.

When you buy from Alakazam (and register the product) you get streaming videos, which is nice too.
In my experience the communication with Alakazam is always good and rapid.

I met Peter Nardi at the BMA in Brussels and we could discuss "Scream".
With a little imagination one can easily perform the trick without the bang-end (if this should be a problem for some)
For ex. one could use the nice included parchment paper (which I made older with the tea technique and some red paint for the blood).
In this letter Suzanna wrote a strange testament, that the spectator shall read whilst trying to resolve the mysterious message.
The will includes bizarre signs as circle, plus, wavy lines, ... and a strange plot.
I perform then "Will the cards match" with "old" ESP cards that were found in a drawer in the creepy house of Suzanne, just before it was burned...
If the cards match the will of Suzanna shall be executed. ;) ;) ;)

... and on I go.

Thank you .
[quote]On Oct 28, 2016, WitchDocChris wrote:
Again, I'm not saying no one should do jump scares, and I'm not even saying that serious magicians shouldn't do jump scares. What I am saying is that jump scares destroy tension and drama, and that is not something I aspire to do.

My order should be here today or tomorrow. I hope today, but we'll see - my mail carrier isn't always enthusiastic about getting stuff delivered promptly, I just don't have time to go to the post office since they moved it to the next town over.

If I get it today I suspect I will be able to play with it soon and test out my theoretical presentation. [/quote]

My problem with this effect is that it's basically just that jump scare. There's really no actual magical effect here (which you can see by the performance in the Alakazam vlog, basically it was "uh huh, uh huh" BANG! "ahhhhhhh!"). Thus I brought up the Web, that effect ends with a jump scare but there's also a very clear to follow magical effect as well.
This has a very clear "magic" moment before the jump scare.

But again, this isn't meant to be done as "let me show you a magic trick." It's meant to be a spooky telling of a story in which paranormal things happen.
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Oct 28, 2016 11:49PM)
Fits into the "Magic Against Humanity" theme. But you know what they say to each his own. Do yourself a favor if you buy this really ham it up and take your time especially towards the end. Even lowering your voice just a tad will net you nice results.

Good magic to all,

Eric
[quote]On Oct 28, 2016, MadisonH wrote:

But again, this isn't meant to be done as "let me show you a magic trick." It's meant to be a spooky telling of a story in which paranormal things happen. [/quote]

Not really, the effect is performed uncut and complete in the Alakazam vlog.
WOuldn't you get the same effect by simply shouting "BOO!" when they reach for the envelope?
[quote]On Nov 1, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:
[quote]On Oct 28, 2016, MadisonH wrote:

But again, this isn't meant to be done as "let me show you a magic trick." It's meant to be a spooky telling of a story in which paranormal things happen. [/quote]

Not really, the effect is performed uncut and complete in the Alakazam vlog. [/quote]

How do you describe the moment when her face is scratched out without explanation? It's meant to be a chilling, freaky moment. It is. Again... (you're making me sound like a broken record here) it isn't a "MAGIC TRICK" it's a spooky telling of a ghost story with a scary ending. Think of sitting around a campfire and everyone is telling the spookiest story they know to attempt to scare the others present. That's what I see this as.
[quote]On Nov 1, 2016, Ross W wrote:
WOuldn't you get the same effect by simply shouting "BOO!" when they reach for the envelope? [/quote]

awesome - save me having to buy refils
[quote]On Nov 1, 2016, MadisonH wrote:
How do you describe the moment when her face is scratched out without explanation? It's meant to be a chilling, freaky moment. It is. Again... (you're making me sound like a broken record here) it isn't a "MAGIC TRICK" it's a spooky telling of a ghost story with a scary ending. Think of sitting around a campfire and everyone is telling the spookiest story they know to attempt to scare the others present. That's what I see this as. [/quote]

That's the problem. The story is not memorable and the pay off is the jump scare. On paper, we know the effect is that the pictures changes in a spooky fashion, but the way the whole thing plays out and structured, the beat in the performance is drastically diminished and even forgotten by the jump scare finale. On paper there is a magical effect, played out in real life, it's pretty much good as lost. There's a big discrepancy from the actual impact in performance and what it would appear on paper. A spooky telling of a ghost story is not an effect, it's a spooky telling of a ghost story. Even at that, this is not much of a spooky story and comes off more as a gag.

Correct me if I'm wrong, last time I checked, this place was called The Magic Café and the Latest and Greatest was discussing actual magic effects or utility items which assists in effects? I wasn't aware that it was Tom's Joke Shop Corner or something.
The face being scratched out is definitely a peak moment and that could be the climax of the routine. If played up that volunteer will be scared to turn that photo over and when they do there will be a reaction. The jump scare is such a sudden shift of emotional state (From tense anticipation to shocked adrenaline rush) that it will erase all the emotional states leading up to that.

I've been busy and also sick so I have not had time to play with this yet. All I can say is the props are definitely well made. You do have to do a bit of prep yourself, which I was first annoyed with then checked myself because it's much better that way. Now I can make the final reveal look exactly how I want it to look which is excellent.

I look forward to trying out my version when I do get the time.
I've been using a Stooge. They creep up behind the spec armed with a rolling pin and a biscuit tin. At the right moment they smash the biscuit tin and it gets great reactions. Ok so we lost an old lady last week, but other than that misshap, it's an excellent effect.
Dave Loosley got me well and truly at the Magic Circle dealers day and I still bought it after I called him a B…..D
I got revenge on my wife well maybe not I'm now in the spare room
This is so much fun and so easy to perform

Peter Nardi have you considered getting rid of Dave ?

Only kidding it was a pleasure talking to you again
Got it today
Nice the effect of the scratched pic..... but personally I would stop there.
The cap in the end ruins the performance in my opinion. Combine this with a ESP prediction would make a perfect ending.
@ Fero, That's right.

I also close my scream-routine now (without the bang) by only revealing the scratch figure. (I had no more caps)
Then I open the bloody letter where the spectator can read Suzanna's will.
In the letter there are also strange symbols appearing.
I then take 5 ESP symbol cards, which I have made old with the tea method)
I tell the ESP card were found in Suzanna's house together with the pics and the letter...and on I go with a ESP prediction.

It gets nice reactions AND interaction of the spectator.

Nice trick and nice props! Worth the money.
[quote]On Nov 3, 2016, SAMARITAN013 wrote:
@ Fero, That's right.

I also close my scream-routine now (without the bang) by only revealing the scratch figure. (I had no more caps)
Then I open the bloody letter where the spectator can read Suzanna's will.
In the letter there are also strange symbols appearing.
I then take 5 ESP symbol cards, which I have made old with the tea method)
I tell the ESP card were found in Suzanna's house together with the pics and the letter...and on I go with a ESP prediction.

It gets nice reactions AND interaction of the spectator.

Nice trick and nice props! Worth the money. [/quote]
Which esp prediction you perform?? Right now I have just the symbol routine from alakazam (zenner tech will come soon) or you suggest something better to perform??
I usually just shout bang as my gimmick sometimes fails.
@Fero
I use the "ORIGINS esp cards" which I have aged. (these cards are very good quality AND marked)
With a PATEO-force I make them choose the symbol which Suzanna had predicted in her letter.
...her ghost still has influence on these cards... and on people.

I am loving this more and more and have very good reactions of the specs.
The bang-situation is not necessary, because the story and the props are very solid on their own.
Top!
[quote]On Nov 3, 2016, SAMARITAN013 wrote:
@Fero
I use the "ORIGINS esp cards" which I have aged. (these cards are very good quality AND marked)
With a PATEO-force I make them choose the symbol which Suzanna had predicted in her letter.
...her ghost still has influence on these cards... and on people.

I am loving this more and more and have very good reactions of the specs.
The bang-situation is not necessary, because the story and the props are very solid on their own.
Top! [/quote]
Good idea
I m gonna try that
Halloween is fast approaching! Its time to get those spectators screaming once again! If you haven't checked out SCREAM, I think you'll really enjoy it! This is a live horror experience built from the ground up to give your spectators a fun frightening surprise!

http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/scream

And also check out The Deceased! A magician fooling piece of bizarre using nothing other than a stack of photos and a chilling story!

http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/thedeceased.html

Happy scaring! Mwhahahahaha

Jamie Daws
I ordered "Downloads 4 Life" years ago and it has been years since I got any download. I see Jamie is still creating magic, but apparently no more for the D4L buyers.
KJ
Hey KJ!

Im still creating as always! Im always trying to add new stuff to the download for life package too! Infact, it was only a month ago that I sent out the latest mail shot for PCP! http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/pcp.html

I even put together a page to show members what is currently included: http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/downloadcollection.html

If there are any issues, please feel free to PM me or email me :D

I hope this helps!

Jamie Daws
Jamie,
Thank you for your response. When I first signed up long ago, I received periodic emails from you. Then that stopped. I don't know if I somehow fell off the list or if the method of accessing stuff changed. I will PM you so you can help me get back on that wagon. Thanks.

BTW,
I should say that I really love Scream. I cut the cards to be a bit smaller and I carry it in my wallet. At the end, I snap my finger in such a was that it snaps the envelope and makes a loud sound at the same time. It is one of my favorite impromptu "show me something" routines.

KJ
Karl, PM sent sir! All sorted! :D

So glad you are enjoying SCREAM! I was fortunate enough to be demming it at the Magic Circle Dealers Day today and a year on, I sold out of the stock I had! The whole room were screaming and I had request after request to perform it for someone else! I feel so blessed that everyone is having as much fun as me with this little halloween beauty!

Jamie Daws
Hi Jamie

Where can I get some more refills as an earlier link does not work anymore.