(Close Window)
Topic: AES GOETIA
Some of you have been given a hint (months ago) of what I've been up to since June: Think ancient monasteries, demons, and a legend extending back to the seventeenth century; hand-etched brass and hand-rubbed cherry wood, a church relic that should have never been allowed out of the church: the AES (no not ars) GOETIA will be the most beautiful item I've made (and I hope that is saying something).

No details yet, please, as it isn't yet ready for release.

However, I have been doing the preliminary art work for the etched brass for the past nine weeks and thought I'd let you know that tomorrow (the night of the full moon) I will begin the etching process. The etching will continue through Hallowe'en (Wednesday). Therefore, all the brass work (there's a lot) will be completed between the full moon and Hallowe'en of this year (though I am still some weeks from the release as there is much more to do).

There will be 48 AES GOETIA made in total, after which they will never be made again.

I do not know about pricing (I leave all such decisions to Dan), but it will indeed be carried through Lebanon Circle Magic and Dan has already indicated that it will not be inexpensive (I've spent $700 alone designing & building a special 4-gallon etching tank just to handle this portion of the process). It will certainly be the most expensive piece I've had on offer as no expense has been spared in materials or time.

A special piece for special collections & performances.

Hints? An attractive work of Medieval/Renaissance art as well as a spectacularly deceptive effect. Completely self working. A 'gateway' effect setting up a full routine/seance/performance or a one-off for close-up or parlor. No batteries, rc, threads, springs, strings (very VERY old school)--completely self contained. Nothing to ditch or hide. Nothing to break or wear out. Can last & work for centuries. Can happen in the spectator's hands & under the spec's complete control (you can be in another country when the horror manifests). May sit on display in your home or office for years, always ready to perform. Hell will (almost literally) break loose. The full 'underground' name of the piece will be AES GOETIA: TRISKAIDEKA DAIMONES.

Etching begins tomorrow with the rise of the full moon.

Happy Hallowe'en!
BC
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Oct 28, 2012 12:05PM)
Good Lord this sound utterly fantastic Prof - very interested. Good luck with the project.

Once again, The Prof Raises the bar!
I just strike off more items from my "To Get" list so that I have enough for this. I think I'm gonna break my credit limit for the very first time.

Well, just bring it! (when it's ready... :))
This sounds amazing!
I'm in!
Will you be producing the other 4 parts?
I'll take 45 of them please

(I didn't want to take them all as I like to share)

Count me in - seriously.... I'm getting strong vibes this is gonna be up there with Gh*st and the gang!!!
[quote]
On 2012-10-28 14:22, RCP wrote:
Will you be producing the other 4 parts?
[/quote]
Ars Goetia, Ars Theurgia Goetia, Ars Paulina, Ars Almadel, and Ars Notoria? . . . I can neither confirm or deny.

The first word of the supposed King Solomon books, Ars, indicates 'art of' whereas the first word of this effect, Aes, indicates 'brass' or 'in brass'--but you are entirely correct to be looking in that direction.

nb: AES GOETIA is the intended 'underground' name and therefore SHOULD be safe to write on this and other fora (or forums, if you prefer.)

BC
Please, sir, I want some more.
I have been reeeeally Bad this year, so maybe I can make a deal with Krampus and shovel coal... ohhhhh, Prof. B.C. the things you make me do.
Well we know its going to be at least $330 us. So when you mean "not inexpensive " is there any way to get a ballpark figure just so I know how many of my wife's organs I have to sell.
BC

You can count on my order for one.

CHRIS
Looking forward to this Prof, I am gona start saving up now for it!!
The first AES GOETIA just came out of the etching tank and (cue the Hallelujah Chorus) it came out beautifully. Number two is now in and bubbling away for the next hour and a quarter.

BC
My dear Prof,

Do not keep us waiting, show us a picture soon. You know the wait is a slow torture to us all.

[quote]
On 2012-10-29 09:20, PROF BC wrote:
The first AES GOETIA just came out of the etching tank and (cue the Hallelujah Chorus) it came out beautifully. Number two is now in and bubbling away for the next hour and a quarter.

BC
[/quote]
Prof BC - seriously - put me down for one - it doesn't even have to be #13 - I'll take #4 :)
[quote]
On 2012-10-29 09:43, piyuyu wrote:
My dear Prof,

Do not keep us waiting, show us a picture soon. You know the wait is a slow torture to us all.

[quote]
On 2012-10-29 09:20, PROF BC wrote:

BC
[/quote]
[/quote]

Only the second one is out of the etching tank. They still have to be cleaned up (the etch resist is pretty tenacious stuff), aged & all the woodwork needs doing before I will have one to photograph.

As to price, I really don't know. Dan has suggested 500-600 pounds sterling, but I'm thinking I can talk him down from there, perhaps to 400 or even 350 GBP. I simply do not know yet. Each piece is a hand-etched piece that performs as both work of Medievel/Renaissance art (if not an 18th-century copy of same) and a stunning effect that can happen in the spectator's hands (I previewed a paperboard mock-up to Dan, talking him through it from 6,000 miles away and he was most impressed by the workings).

No, it isn't PK, either. It is wholly old school. Nothing to wear out, break, or replace. It is actually just like an artifact that could have been hidden in the wall of a church for the past few centuries--and the piece can, in fact, last another few centuries (it will be that durable).

Back to the etching tank--#3 is almost ready to come out.

Happy Hallowe'en,
Prof BC
Ferric or nitric mordant? The resists for ferric are so much more user friendly...you couldn't pay me go back to asphaltum hardgrounds and nitric etching. Looking forward to seeing them. Any paper editions to be run from the plates that could go on the wall?
Thanks PROF BC. Just wanted to know the high end ballpark estimate so I could plan on having the money available at launch.
Lucien:
Ferric--you are SO right. I am using the Edinburgh etch (anhydrous citric acid add-in), and the results are very clean. I do discover that I tend to pace about the bubbling tank like an expectant father in a waiting room. Predict I'll be utterly exhausted come Hallowe'en morning when #48 finally emerges.

Would prefer to wait and post an image of the finished piece--paper mock-ups cannot even approximate etched, aged brass and hand-rubbed, tung-oiled cherry wood . . . or the effects of a hand-hewn branding iron on same.

I appreciate your interest, Lucien, as I am an admirer of your extremely beautiful work.

Best,
BC
Thanks for the kind words Prof. I was lucky enough to do some undergrad studies with the printmaker Keith Howard who pioneered ferric etching and the non-toxic printmaking movement (non-toxic is really a misnomer, it should be called less-toxic printmaking!) eons ago.

Looking forward to your project! It is inspiring to see the old-school Andruzzi-inspired bizarre magic ethos of goetia and demonology being married to the contemporary advances in prop making and performing methodologies! Hope to see some pictures soon.

Cheers!
While I have not seen the final piece, I have sat with PROF BC and discussed his idea. Let me tell you that it is wonderful. I cannot wait to see the final product. You will look at it and say to yourself "How on earth does this work?" but it does. Everything stated above is true. This is going to be amazing.
PROF BC and DAN BAINES...wow...this will be a work of art!
Sorry kids no candy this year, needed something much more important for my sweet tooth!
Message: Posted by: Brother Dæmonicus (Oct 30, 2012 04:08AM)
This is going to get mighty confusing...

Stephen Ward released an effect by the name of 'Ars Goetia' about three months back.

Next month, he is releasing his new effect, 'Ars Paulina'.

Might be worthwhile having a chinwag with him, and seeing if you can come up with distinguishing names, between you?

Yours in Darkness, Brother Dæmonicus
No, they are totally different! No one will confuse mine with the fantastic work the prof produces.
This field is so specialized and small - its not hard to keep track of these things :)

And if confused - get them all!!!!! Let the Darkness sort them out
Message: Posted by: Brother Dæmonicus (Oct 30, 2012 11:07AM)
[quote]
On 2012-10-30 09:07, S.WARD wrote:
No, they are totally different! No one will confuse mine with the fantastic work the prof produces.
[/quote]

I wasn't suggesting the effects were similar, just the names. In discussion, it will be easily to get them muddled, won't it?
That is me wording things wrong, sorry brother D!
Br. Daemonicus:
I agree with Stephen. I should hope we're all savvy enough to navigate the difference between AES (pronounced 'ice') and ARS (which Americans tend to pronounce in the most humorous way!) GOETIA (pronounced GO-80-AH--though I have an friend that will pronounce it to sound like Geisha).

Besides, one need only write 'Stephen Ward's brilliant work' or 'Prof BC's prop' and all potential confusion vanishes.

Regards,
BC (somewhere around etching #30, have lost count)

[edit] Just counted, only on #24--but that's half of them!
Success! The last one (#48) just went into the etching tank. It will be finished in and hour and a quarter and come out at five minutes to midnight, so all were indeed completed between the rise of the full moon and the end of Hallowe'en. I'm exhausted!

Now, I still have the clean-up and aging to do on the brasses, then all the wood working (cutting, routering, hand rubbing with tung oil & distressing) then the burning and branding with a hand-forged branding iron. I think it will be ready to release no sooner than late November. I will keep you informed (and give a full description of the effect) when it is nearing completion.

Thank you for your interest in this phase of the project. Just wanted to share a bit of ritual as AES GOETIA is in preparation.

Hope you've had a Happy Hallowe'en! Thoughts & prayer are with our brothers and sisters in the path of Sandy.

Prof BC
I'm imagining Prof BC creating these in a cross between a medieval blacksmiths and a mad scientists laboratory. While wearing a leather apron adorned with occult symbols. Am I close to the mark? I'm pretty sure there are ghostly screams as parts are removed from the etching tank too. :)
Whew!! Glad to see I have some time to put some stuff up on ebay for this.
[quote]
On 2012-11-01 00:03, Harlequin wrote:
I'm imagining Prof BC creating these in a cross between a medieval blacksmith's and a mad scientist's laboratory. While wearing a leather apron adorned with occult symbols. Am I close to the mark? I'm pretty sure there are ghostly screams as parts are removed from the etching tank too. :)
[/quote]
Almost precisely right (apart from Igor--and he's really cheesed that you didn't mention him!), but you nailed the ghostly screams bit perfectly--awfully glad to be past those, I can tell you.

BC
[quote]
On 2012-11-01 11:11, PROF BC wrote:
Almost precisely right (apart from Igor--and he's really cheesed that you didn't mention him!)
[/quote]

What a fabulous name for a cat.

I'm really looking forward to this. It sounds as though it could tie in with GH*ST brilliantly.

Do you think it may be released before the end of the year? I appreciate there's a huge amount of work involved.
. . . from the Performance Manual:

According to the legend, the fearful monks hid Brother Agonia’s demon trap and forbid any of their number to divulge its location or so much as touch the place where it lay concealed—and the story passed into legend, forgotten by most and scarce believed by the few who knew of it.

The chapel of St. Michael is located on a hill above a village within the shadow of the Pyrenees. It is famed for its raftered roof and ornate rood screen depicting the story of Christ in a series of 32 medallions:
[img]http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii581/ProfBC/1CafeRoodScreen.jpg[/img]
(Rood Screen of the Chapel of St. Michael, circa 1932, before the discovery of its hidden cache (note 14 of the 32 famed medallions are showing)(image courtesy of the J. Paul Getty collection))

During restoration in 1957, workers discovered that the 30th medallion, depicting Christ breaking down the gates of Hell, was in fact mounted in a detachable circlet, or plug, of wood so cunningly concealed as to look like the ornamentation of the rest of the screen.

Behind this circlet, workers found a tripartite disc of brass with the Seal of Solomon chaining together 13 demonic images. News broke around the world that the ‘Agonia Cryptogram’ had been discovered.

Within a week, such calamity struck both the town and chapel that the holy men thought it wise to remove the piece from its location. They wrapped it in a holy cloth, tied it in a bag, and sent it away with one of the workers. Some stories contend that the chapel merely sold it to a private collector. In either case, it passed into the hands of collectors who have valued it more for its possible connection with the legend than its intrinsic artistic or occult merit.

And thus has the AES GOETIA (‘demons in brass’) passed into the modern world.

‘For behold,’ saith the evil One, ‘I come amongst you not as a prince upon a black steed but in form mild and gentle that you should not know me.’

The first batch of the AES GOETIA is complete as of about an hour ago. I will be posting some to London tomorrow (to Lebanon Circle Magic) and keeping stock in the states to fulfill North American orders. A total of 48 will be made and no more after that, ever. I hope to have photographs of the prop up later today along with a full description of the effect.

(If someone would PM me about how to post photographs on the Café, I'd be much obliged.)

Regards,
Professor BC
Awesome news!!
Tears of joy
AES GOETIA:

The Effect:
Thirteen Demons (all images are taken from Medieval & Renaissance sources) etched on a tripartite brass disk (broken into three jagged pieces to honour the Trinity). This disk (6" round & HEAVY) is hidden behind a cherry wood decoration from an old church's rood screen (on the face of this wooden plaque is another brass medallion 2" round depicting a Medieval image of Christ breaking down the gates of Hell).

[img]http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii581/ProfBC/IMG_0761.jpg[/img]
The three phases: Front (with medallion), Back (with tripartite disc), Back (Demon Trap behind Tripartite disc). The wooden 'plates' pictured are each 7.25 inches (18.4cm) round.

[img]http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii581/ProfBC/IMG_0774.jpg[/img]
The front of the AES GOETIA

[img]http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii581/ProfBC/IMG_0780.jpg[/img]
Detail of the front medallion: Christ breaking down the gates of Hell.

You or your spec count the demons. Clearly there are 13.

[img]http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii581/ProfBC/IMG_0771.jpg[/img]
The 13 demons on the Tripartite disc.

You tell about how Solomon once trapped 72 demons in brass and of the misguided Christian monk who later tried to repeat this miracle. He reached 13 before something went terribly wrong. You or your spec carefully tip out the 6" tripartite brass disk from its cherry wood plate to display that there is a Demon Trap burned into the wood behind it.

[img]http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii581/ProfBC/IMG_0772.jpg[/img]
The Demon Trap: hand-branded into the cherry wood with a branding iron.

The brass disk is turned face up again, the demons counted again. Still 13. Whew! no manifestation. But wait. Before your very eyes the etched pieces seem to change. Just a flicker, perhaps, or a trick of the eye or the dicky lighting. You or the spec counts again and, no, there are now ONLY 12 demons deeply etched onto the brass plates. Count as often as you like. There are now only 12. One has escaped!

Everything happens in the plainest of views. No 'moves', no sleights, nothing tricky. The spec can actually do absolutely all of the handling. No angle issues, either. Everything is just what it appears to be except ONE DEMON VANISHES quite impossibly from the face of an etched brass plate.

Now I'm going to tell you how it works because I honestly believe this is one effect people will be even more likely to want when they know how it works (unlike so many tricks that we buy just to learn the secret). Indeed, this 'secret' is so good it sells itself.

If you know the old Vanishing Leprechaun puzzle (viz. http://blocs.xtec.cat/eliesmates/?tag=paradoxa), you know how deceptive this effect is--how utterly unfathomable. ('Seeing' the etching move is, of course, a bit of audience control and psychological suggestion after you miscount the 12 demons as 13.) Unlike the leprechaun puzzle, however, (which works when you openly switch around the three cards) AES GOETIA includes a extraordinarily subtle & convincing handling that even the spec can do--one so utterly open and logical that it completely covers the switching of pieces. It will even fool you when it happens.

[You have NO IDEA how difficult it was to make this linear leprechaun effect work in a circle, but work it certainly does!]

Now, onto performance: once the demon escapes, the room can suddenly erupt in demonic activity (using other items such as spirit bells, ghost touch, Ouija boards, &c.)--or you can 'enslave' the released demon to do your bidding in a seance. Or the AES GOETIA may be presented as an artifact collected by M.R. James himself during his church explorations and made part of your GH*ST presentation (with thanks to Bruce Ballon for this idea!)

Not only is this a strong opening to your act or routine. It also provides you with a sure-fire closing. A quick exorcism, and the etched figures can be counted again. The 13th demon has again been trapped and, once more, all is well.

Or this can be a super one-off: just place it on display in your office and wait for someone to admire it. Tell your story and demonstrate the miracle.

It can also work in 'reverse' if you wish. You may start with 12 demons and 'trap' a 13th in the course of your routine.

The strongest part of all is that the piece is COMPLETELY self working. Nothing to hide. No magnets, threads, springs, batteries, r/c, &c.--just the old-school brass and cherry wood. It can last for decades if not centuries.

What they see is what they get. Everything is completely examinable. I sent a working paper model to Dan months ago with written instructions on turning it out and recounting the demons, and he was baffled by how 13 demons became 12 (even after examining it for a while)--and I, the 'performer', was 5,000 miles away at the time. So it really can happen in your spectator's hands. Very convincing effect.

The wood is solid cherry, age-accelerated (not stained or coloured at all; I'm using potassium dichromate to oxidize the wood in imitation of actual UV darkening that has occurred over centuries) and then hand-rubbed with tung oil to imitate a piece of an old rood screen centuries old. Dark, black-red cherry wood, deeply stained with age wrapped around etched, aged brass--spectacular.

Oh, and the area around the actual Demon Trap (which is burned in with a branding iron) is actually fire-burnt to look like the brass has heated it over the years (with hell's flames) as the demons have attempted (unsuccessfully) to escape.

Your AES GOETIA will arrive wrapped in antique velvet (from the church, perhaps?) tied with jute string and tucked up in its own burlap bag; also included will be two religious medals (for protection and exorcism), an etched brass Celtic cross that is in fact your numbered 'certificate of authenticity' (rather than the usual paper one), and a performance manual, of course--complete with old photographs of the church and rood screen depicting this decoration (that may be copied and shown during performance).

[img]http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii581/ProfBC/1CafeRoodScreen.jpg[/img]
The old church rood screen.

AES GOETIA is complete. Shipping will begin this week (as soon as Dan can get a link up on Lebanon Circle Magic's site). You may check by clicking on the "Prof BC Presents" banner at the top of Spooky.

Only 48 have been made. I will make no more, nor will I license or allow others to be made. There will be only 48 in the world, ever.

My best to you,
Professor BC
FANTASTIC!
Pure Genius prof, pure genius. The Vanishing Leprechaun puzzle... who would have thought of that?

I'm getting this!
This set is a thing of beauty! You've really outdone yourself. I can't wait to actually see it. Heck, I can't wait to see what's cooking as your next release...
I'm in.
I must be crass--do you have a price?
Wow prof - the bar gets raised beyond reach!
This is truly wonderful stuff, both in terms of ideas and execution.
About price:
As with all my work, I rely upon Dan to evaluate what I have done (taking into consideration the time involved & my own costs--in this case building a special etching tank, using only the best materials, spending over three months hand-scribing the individual plates for etching . . . not to mention working out the mathematics to make the effect work in the first place.) After seeing the first one, he still thinks it is worth 600 GBP, but I do think I talk him down from there (I'm aiming more at the 400 GBP range).

His point, of course, is with only 48 ever being made (and only 43 of those going onto the open market) this qualifies as a limited release collector's item and should be priced accordingly. Again, this is Dan's call (though he's good to listen to me). We'll see.

He says he'll have the order page up on the Lebanon site in the next week or two, but people are already emailing him orders & putting in down payments to reserve one.

Another question asks about language barriers:
AES GOETIA is not language sensitive. The piece contains no modern languages and can therefore be performed in any language. The effect is completely visual. So long as the performer can read the English instruction manual, there are no language barriers at all to the performance of this effect.

In fact, although the supplied backstory revolves around a monastic chapel in the Pyrenees, the performer can place the locus anywhere in the world where an old Christian church might be found.

Best,
BC
Thank you, good to know.
Who the heck is going to spend $600 on a leprechaun trick!
Me! That's who!
Stunning work as usual! I can hardly wait!
Wow. No need to make another comment than that: wow.
http://www.mrjamespodcast.com/2011/09/episode-1-canon-alberics-scrapbook/

This wonder-device reminds me of that story and how it can be used MRJ style....

This is going to ROCK and to use this for a yuletide gathering in front of a fireplace with a small group of colleagues sipping brandy.... oh yeahhhhh

Let the demons LOOOOOOOSE
OK - I've read the performance manual...

like usual, Prof BC demonstrates he is amongst (if not is THE) genius leader(s) in this field...

This is wayÿyyyyyyyyyy more than just a clever illusion - just like you've seen him go wild with L@na@ and other effects/props/routines that were excellent and he raised the ability to perform them to stratospheric status... he has done the same here.

First off - the props - nay, the art pieces - are museum quality - and the feeding and care of them is also explained in painstaking detail. I'm going to get a plexiglass lit box on pedestal ala gallery to have this properly displayed. Heck, even if I never perform with it (which is insane for I must perform it I MUST - the demons within demand it)... its a conversation piece like no other... which leads to

Backstory - again, you'd think if there was possessions going on - Prof BC was taken over by M R James himself. The historical background, thematic mood and drama is all provided for you...alter if you wish - but again what is so impressive is that the explanation for why a disc, by 12-3 demons per disk, why a trinity of pieces are all explained by mystical and historical factual information... its not just "I dunno" - the entire thing from the smallest molecule in place makes sense for why the thing exists, why you do what you do during the performance... and so on - because of the amazing backstory.

The big moment - yep - its the type of illusion where even though you know the secret - you intellectually understand the words on the page explaining mathematical theories etc - the eyes still see the WTF moment - and its not leprauchons.. as a collector of Goetic demon statues and such, these demons you can give names, powers, use them each for sorcery - although only one is let loose into the world - who says the ones that remain trapped cannot be forced to do what the sorcerer demands? The loose one can cause mischief as needed... or bottle it up in another object... or follow the rituals provided by prof BC

That is the other thing - no reason why you can't modify as you see fit - I don't think I'd do the exorcism right away - I'd catch that demon in another object to show how you can use it for divination purposes and so on... then force it back into the demon trap later... so you can have it run amok - catch it - force it to reveal secrets to the sitters - then send it back to its home...

And again, the manual goes into detail after detail of every item included - and each item isn't there for show - each can be used to heighten and make the effects work.

Heh, for example, if you don't like to get too Christian - like... one of the reasons there is 3 sections is some holy man made it so to honour the trinity - in my mind - that is what made this particular demon trap funky - that honouring in good intentions allowed the demons to escape the ring once in a while - hence why it needs tending - and the seal of solomon predates Christianity - so, you can flip it anyway you like.... I'm still in brainstorming stage that you could even get all scientific and think that the ancient brass act as storage tapes ala Nigel Kneale... I can get out the PK meters and electromagnetic devices - I can attach wires to the device itself and pretend to send a current - suddenly the 13 demons are now 12 - and I've transferred one demon into a magnetic field containment device - allowing it to communicate with the group... just saying - my mind is running wild on how you play with your pet demon...

OK, I admit Prof BC is one of my heroes and perhaps you think I am biased - but many of you know I hate crap and knockoffs and such - this item is one of the BEST items I've ever seen for sure love of the art, realism, and power... without batteries needed even!!!!

I suggest to my colleagues in darkness - SNAP THESE UP ASAP

This I'm going to use for my annual yuletide cocktails party....
Any idea when these will be up on the site?
Bruce, thank you so very much!

As to the site going up: Dan needs to make photographs for the web site (after he receives his shipment from me, which went out Monday). He says he'll have the site up within 24 hours after they arrive. He should receive his shipment around Tuesday (if USPS & Royal Mail cooperate).

The pieces are complete & are shipping even now (I am again shipping directly to the Americas while Dan will post to Europe, Asia & Oceania).

Dan is currently taking orders via email until he can get the site up.

Oh, and the price has been agreed: 399.99 GBP (the lower figure--Dan is a great guy!)

Best,
BC
I'm thrilled I was just able to order this. Thank you so much for your fine work and for keeping it in my price range. Rest assured it is going to a good home.

Marc Charisse
This is a beautiful piece. Sadly, it's over my budget :(
Just got confirmation that I am one of the lucky owners. Can't wait. Brilliant thinking.
Just got word that mine is shipping!
AES GOETIA in hand!!

Beautiful creation. Very easy to perform and it fooled me the first dozen times I did it. I will spend some serious time on this. I love the fact that it can be used for a gateway to other effects. More thoughts soon.

A+
I can't find it!
http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/ProfBC.html
[quote]
On 2012-12-08 16:33, lucavolpe wrote:
I can't find it!
http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/ProfBC.html
[/quote]
Not up on the site yet. He still has to do photos and build the site You can email Dan for details on how to order directly. You can either purchase outright(as I just finished doing) or you can put a 300 BP down payment to reserve one.
I wish to have the money to purchase this...always before Christmas...lol...:)
I was imaging...the demon disappear and soon after that, from the two (lebanon circle) spirit slate a writing sound is produced..and then a message appear WOW...
but I need 800£
Mine arrived today. Prof. BC had outdone himself...the workmanship is outstanding. The routine is carefully thought out. While it is true that this item carries a substantial price tag, it is worth every penny and then some.
You open the cloth where you keep an ancient demon trap. You tell the story about it and how you got it (probably in an illegal way) to the people around the table.

You will show them how the trap works, but you are taking a bit of a risk doing so. That's why you brought some amulets and a book of exorcism prayers.

You show the old book to a participant open by page 89 where there is an exorcism titled 'Exorcism Prayer of St. Michael the Archangel' and you tell him to read it out loud.

Then you close the book and leave it on the table and tell another person to remember page 89, if something goes wrong he will be in charge of picking up the book and reading the exorcism.

You show them how the demons were trapped, then some one realizes a demons is missing, there is a strange sound in the room, and a candle is blown out by it's self...

Time to react, you tell the participant to pick the book and read the exorcism out loud, he starts to get nervous and his face it totally pale, he tells you the page is missing, it has been torn form the book...

My idea about using Never Trust a Demon (Arcana of Bizarre Magick) with AES AGOETIA
[quote]
On 2012-12-10 13:32, OnTiltSoon wrote:
My idea about using Never Trust a Demon (Arcana of Bizarre Magick) with AES AGOETIA
[/quote]

I think it's called never Trust The Devil sorry
I have had some time to spend on this gem and would like to throw out some thoughts. As others have said, the piece itself is stunning. The quality is beyond top notch and comes complete with all the pieces needed to perform.

What I truly love about this is the versatility. Yes you can perform this as a standalone effect if desired. However the true beauty lies in the addition of other effects. Have a spare spirit bell or Departed around? Perhaps a set of Tarot or other arcane items? Prof BC has just shot some new life into them. This also is a perfect way to neatly wrap up your act.

The manual is also well written with all of the workings labeled clearly. Everything you need to know is covered. The history behind the artifact is wonderful with a great hook & great storytelling possibilities. This will grab them right from the start.

This baby delivers.

Excellent work.
Okay, I've just sold off a few things dear and valued to me, so that I may acquire this gorgeous demonic item, and I've placed my order.

I don't understand how he does it. I don't get how a mild-mannered professor of Renaissance literature (by day) is able to first conceptualize these things, then map them out, then actually build them virtually single-handedly... He's like Da Vinci, Poe, and a team of NASA dudes all in one suit! (Okay, I hold Christopher J. Gould in a similar rarified esteem, but I haven't yet bought an Alchemy Moon product because Professor BC has been hogging all my business for the last couple of years... :)) I mean, his creations started out at beyond excellent, and they just keep getting better by orders of magnitude.

Anyway, I think I may have a practical use for this. Lights have been turning on by themselves for over the last week in my home -- the overhead light in the baby's room went on at about 2am, and one of our light-up Xmas decorations turned on the following night. And so, given the Professor's extreme attention to detail, I'm betting there's a chance this trap actually works! I'll let you all know the results, heh...
Aside: I clicked on the Prof BC presents link and I got blocked by the sure administrator for the page being labelled occult!!!!!!!

Is it cuz I'm trying to access it from the Dominican Republic or anyone else getting that?
Wow. Well, I just tried it and got through just fine. Must be the Dominican Republic, Doc. That's a little scary actually! Um... stay away from bearers of Florida water while you're there...
I seem to be able to connect just fine.
Although, I'm sure its probably only a matter of polishing the surface of your Ouija.
Also, while you're at it, check that your planchette is free from dust.
Don't forget to make sure your board has been upgraded to the latest browser ver.
If that doesn't get it going perhaps try seeing if the page will open in a different browser.
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

This looks so great, I feel it should be in the Enlightenment Room in the British Museum next to the John Dee artefacts. Professor you have excelled beyond belief with this one. I can visualise your presentation having enjoyed your work at Doomsday so much.

Many congratulations

Dr Todd
My goodness! I step away for a few days to administer and mark final papers, and I miss so much. Thank you Spindoc, Vic, Seth, and Todd, most sincerely. Great idea OnTiltSoon--you can never go wrong with Jim Magus.

I actually jumped on to announce that the AES GOETIA web page is up at Lebanon, and Dan has (once again) made a most beautiful job of it. AES GOETIA is now in London for shipment worldwide. I will, as always, be shipping to the Americas to help speed the process along.

Please do click the "Prof BC presents" banner at the top of Spooky and have a look at Dan's handiwork (unless you are in the Dominican Republic with Dr. Spektor--in which case follow Cody's instructions verrrry carefully!)

And thank you again, fellows, from the heart.

Prof BC
Looks absolutely fantastic.! Outside the range of a starving artists budget, unfortunately :(
Must be the Dominican - here is what I get....

This site has been blocked by the network administrator.

URL: http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/ProfBC.html

Block reason: Forbidden Category "Cult/Occult"

If you believe the below web site is rated incorrectly click here

Meaning - I'm glad I try to get everything Prof BC produces before we all get burnt at the stake!,,,
You be careful over there-
Perhaps this will set the mood

http://www.amazon.com/Inferno-IV-Ars-Goetia/dp/B005DOJM7A/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1355363102&sr=8-9&keywords=Ars+Goetia

or

http://www.amazon.com/Ars-Goetia/dp/B007DX8Y6E/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1355363102&sr=8-14&keywords=Ars+Goetia
Wow... I received mine today, and have just opened it for examination. My god, this thing is beautiful! The brass is thicker and heavier than I had expected, all the etchings are just perfectly done, and the branded-in demon trap has a very authentic feel. The wood looks ancient! The three pieces of the Aes Goetia disk fit perfectly together, and quite snugly inside their housing in the wooden circle. I couldn't ask for anything better. The good professor has outdone himself this time! Additionally, the very simple and wonderfully deceptive method of switching the pieces will get by anyone without question. Seth is a happy camper..!
Public service announcement: I will be out of the country from Christmas until after New Year and will not be able to fulfill orders during that period. If you order after Christmas Eve, your orders will not ship until after January 7. Therefore, if you want your order delivered earlier, please be sure to order before Monday.

Happy holidays,
BC
Mine showed up here in Toronto. I cannot say anything more about the method or the workmanship than what has been already stated. Mine was numbered #22, so I suspect that Prof BC may be half way through the 48 copies. That's about half sold in 10 days. At this rate these will disappear very soon!! My guess, February 7th 2013.
Mine turned up too! It is an amazing product and soon to be an underground collectors item. Prof BC made it in small numbers and I am pleased that he decided to do it in small numbers. In fact I want to be the only one in this wide world to own one. I am not going to give up my secret here but done to candle light with a good heavy story the result are amazing especially when one of the Demons' releases itself from captivity. When this is happening in my routine smoke is seen to rise from the Brass and making a move towards the room. In the end I catch it and put it back where it belongs! Good triumphs over evil but not before they are shaking in their boots.
This piece is a Master piece I don't think that I will ever own anything better than that.
Cheers
Roni
[quote]
On 2012-12-18 17:39, necroloid wrote:
Mine showed up here in Toronto. I cannot say anything more about the method or the workmanship than what has been already stated. Mine was numbered #22, so I suspect that Prof BC may be half way through the 48 copies. That's about half sold in 10 days. At this rate these will disappear very soon!! My guess, February 7th 2013.
[/quote]

I suspect they will cease being available this Saturday, December 22nd. If we are to believe the Mayans.
[quote]
On 2012-12-18 18:54, David Eichler wrote:
I suspect they will cease being available this Saturday, December 22nd. If we are to believe the Mayans.
[/quote]

Maybe the world will end because of the amount of demons that left their AES GOETIA and have not been captured again.
Mine is #7. And the kind Prof pointed out that that's the one Dan took picture for the advertisement.
[quote]
On 2012-12-18 17:39, necroloid wrote:
[/quote]

Sheesh we must have duplicates of everything in then big TO

It truly is the city of the ***ed :)
[quote]
On 2012-12-18 20:15, piyuyu wrote:
Mine is #7. And the kind Prof pointed out that that's the one Dan took picture for the advertisement.
[/quote]

I hate you. I love you. I hate you. I love you. I...
I have #18. I have the utmost respect and admiration for Prof. BC's growing body of work, but this one in particular rises above the realm of effects and into the realm of art. As such I will not be surprised if all available pieces have not been snapped up before the end of the year.
Mine is #23 (a holy number in the Far East) and I am delighted that I am likely the only one to have one in my neck of the world. Unlike Toronto where, it appears, tourists will be tripping over them on every street corner, heh..! ;)

Seth
[quote]
On 2012-12-08 16:40, lucavolpe wrote:

I was imaging...the demon disappear and soon after that, from the two (lebanon circle) spirit slate a writing sound is produced..and then a message appear WOW...

[/quote]

I am thinking similar.....

Release the spirit, it inhabits Dolly Darko, messages from Dans Spirit slates.....

Though this would mean completely re-writing the 75min peformance being built around Dolly Darko at the moment.....

Aes Goetia is superb, I have No. 9. Simplicity itself to work so all of the concentration can go on performance. Even the two pendants that are supplied are of superb quality. I don't think that they'll be available for too long!!!!

Yes I do own all three!!!! and at great expense, Dolly Darko's Sefalagia parts have been completley re-worked to be able to be performed when I am nowhere near!!!!
Oy vey! Oy vey! What is a poor Mench to do? I’m no pauper, but I’m not a Rothchild either. The Good Book says, “if you covet your neighbour’s mule [insert a more colourful term here], it will be denied you.” But doesn’t the Good Book also say, “to those with patience good things will come like sheep down the mountainside to the barn in a sudden rain storm”? And how that demon snuck past my one treif mezuzah and into my bed chamber to take up residence is only known to the Holy One, blessed be He - yet there he is just the same. What tzuris! What mayhem! The good nudnick Rav Dr. S. says to me these Rings of Scholomo can capture a demon - just like catching a fly in a glass on a Yentif and taking outside. So what is a schmazel of little means to do? I will tell you. He saves his groshen, day by day, until he can pay for these Rings of Scholomo, put his demon out, and have sweet dreams again.
- Yitzhak
[quote]
On 2013-01-28 11:07, YitzhakNoDice wrote:
Oy vey! Oy vey! What is a poor Mench to do? I’m no pauper, but I’m not a Rothchild either. The Good Book says, “if you covet your neighbour’s mule [insert a more colourful term here], it will be denied you.” But doesn’t the Good Book also say, “to those with patience good things will come like sheep down the mountainside to the barn in a sudden rain storm”? And how that demon snuck past my one treif mezuzah and into my bed chamber to take up residence is only known to the Holy One, blessed be He - yet there he is just the same. What tzuris! What mayhem! The good nudnick Rav Dr. S. says to me these Rings of Scholomo can capture a demon - just like catching a fly in a glass on a Yentif and taking outside. So what is a schmazel of little means to do? I will tell you. He saves his groshen, day by day, until he can pay for these Rings of Scholomo, put his demon out, and have sweet dreams again.
- Yitzhak
[/quote]

איזהו עשיר. השמח בחלקו

BC
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Jan 28, 2013 11:31AM)
Ack pro bc just cursed us all with demons! and he is almost all out of demon traps! nooooooooooooo
Hey Yitzhak, if you hit Toronto, bring your Tetra Box and I'll bring the Aes and we'll put them side by side and see what happens!!!
デーモン は予測不可能!!! 質問は慎重に
Daemon is unpredictable! ! ! Questions carefully
Http://translate.google.com
Dr.S., I think that would be a worthy experiment, albeit potentially dangerous. I imagine the effect might look something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVgPplOgB1g
or this
http://www.haydenplanetarium.org/resources/ava/stars/S0606neutcoll

I think I'd better go back and re-read some of Gershom Scholem's books first! Roth's warning must be heeded.

If we, and the rest of the universe, survive, the beer's on me.

[Putting on the serious hat,] if anyone wants less flashy, more educational information go here:
http://www.black-holes.org/explore2.html
Hey Yitzhak, if you hit Toronto, bring your Tetra Box and I'll bring the Aes and we'll put them side by side and see what happens!!!
Oy Gevalt! The demon IS unpredictable. Its gotten out of my bed chamber and into the Café's server. Be-
Oy Gevalt! The demon IS unpredictable. Its gotten out of my bed chamber and into the Café's server. -ware!
Oy Gevalt! The demon IS unpredictable. Its gotten out of my bed chamber and into the Café's server. Beware!
I patiently await the arrival.

SB
So, I wonder how many are left ?
[quote]
On 2013-01-28 20:34, kcalB wrote:
I patiently await the arrival.

SB
[/quote]

Hey - did you customize yours too?

Mine is of course turned in a Carcosian Dimensional Crossover hypercube of madness....
Dr, I did not, however after I mate it with D.T.B. in a welcoming ceremony to the new parlor, everything may change.

SB
Just purchased. Unable to resist the lure of the demons, and the knowledge that some time soon they'll be gone, and I would be left kicking myself for all eternity. (That was actually a lesser known circle of Dante's Hell).
KcalB...your avatar is ultra-creepy. And, I love it.
Not sure if you're a Cenobite or not, so, I'll tread lightly...
[quote]
On 2013-01-30 20:49, Wizard of Oz wrote:
KcalB...your avatar is ultra-creepy. And, I love it.
Not sure if you're a Cenobite or not, so, I'll tread lightly...
[/quote]

Thank you my Fiend.
Life is a journey of reinventing oneself as one aquires more exquisite tastes.

SB
!!!sneppah tahw ees dna edis yb edis meht tup ll'ew dna seA eht gnirb ll'I dna xoB arteT ruoy gnirb,otnoroT tih uoy fi,kahztiY yeH
Google doesn't do back speak:
Translation
!!! Sneppah tahw ees yb dna EDIS EDIS MEHT tup ll'ew Sea eht dna dna gnirb ll'I xoB arteT ruoy gnirb, white otnoroT uoy fi, kahztiY Yeh
An old joke: If you translate "out of sight, out of mind" into Russian and back into English, it comes out "Invisible Manic".
!!!happens what see and side by side them put we'll and Aes the bring I'll and Box Tetra your bring, Toronto hit you if, Yitzhak Hey
[img]http://darkartsmedia.com/AES.jpg[/img]
Wow!
[quote]
On 2013-02-02 01:30, Eddie Garland wrote:
[img]http://darkartsmedia.com/AES.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I'm sure you are happy you didn't get the paperback version of the disk :)

Say - are you offering up woodie as a vessel for having the demon inhabit when you release the entity? That would be fun !!!!
33 Arrived today.
A Treasure indeed to hold.

It is calling out for the D.T.B. to arrive to become a formidable duo.
SB
Awesome Picture!!!!!!!!!!!
How many are left? Is it worth saving up?
Was wondering the same thing Tim...
[quote]
On 2013-02-02 15:49, kcalB wrote:
33 Arrived today.
A Treasure indeed to hold.

It is calling out for the D.T.B. to arrive to become a formidable duo.
SB
[/quote]
Well we know that there are 15 left at most.
Crap. That's not many. Praying for a tax refund...
Hi Eddie

If no one else noticed it - I see the demon escaped... and eyeing Woody nicely (of course people reading this thread the first time will have no clue what I'm talking about)... Woody doesn't look happy anymore either... guess he knows the demonic force is about to jump down his throat!

Very nice
Whew, I thought I was seeing things.
Ed, that is one work of art
SB
Public service announcement: there are 11 remaining.

Thank you again for your support and enthusiasm.

All best,
BC
Very proud to be the owner of Aes Goetia number 28. It arrived today in a cloud of sulphur (and a UPS van). It is of course, stunning.
And I suspect with the right build up - truly alarming.
My AG turned up a few weeks ago. And upon first check and handling. I was actually a little dissapointed. Shouts of NO, BLasphemy! And Silence fool will know pour out, but let me explain.

First of all, I actually thought the wooden plug which holds the aes goetia, was a wooden disk/box. So I thought there would be a lid and a bottom (or 2 parts of wood to encase the metal disk)

So I panicked and thought I had a defective AG. (if theres even such a thing)

Second of all, I looked at the wooden plug and saw that the aging was only on one side, and the other was nice and shiny. Whaa? again I thought I had a defective AG.

and thirdly, when I inspected the actual AG copper disk, I noticed on the back of the disk pieces, some of the pinkish copper was still showing through, and didn't seem to have been aged properly.

Now, I have of course read the manual since then, and understand that theres nothing wrong with my AG. Yes I know its not defective lol.

And after handling it more and more, I have begun to love my AG even more. Ive decided which method to use to make the demon vanish and reappear, and Im looking forward to using this in a parlour show where Il be using other spirit devices to show the physical demon activity in the room.

Overall I would give this a 9.5/10. (hmm ok maybe a 9.75/10) but only because I wanted the back of the disks to be aged a little bit more.

And I want to make mention of the service by Dan and the Prof. Lebanon Circle has always shipped my items within 2 weeks or less, and come from the land down under. great customer service!

And the Prof is truly a gent, who has often answered countless questions from a young bizarrist. Never even having the slightest impatience. Ive become a fan of his work, and AG is ceratinly one of my favourites.

Like the other owners here, Im proud and glad I got my AG. I think in future years to come, it will truly be a rare collectors piece. Very happy I didn't miss out!

kindly,
M.I.
Truth be told, I struggled to find the money for this, but I'm so glad I got there in the end. It's an amazing artefact. As soon as I performed this for the first time, and saw people's reactions, I knew I'd made a wise purchase. I really appreciate Prof BC's attention to detail, both in writing the Performance Manual and carefully creating a backstory, and also in ageing these so well using the finest materials. Many thanks Prof BC and Dan!
So I was discussing with my wife wether we could afford this or not realizing the price was in GBP I clicked on the paypal link to see how much it would convert to in USD. I was giving a fabulous argument for buying it for my birthday in June but getting it now because there were only 11 left. She was ummin and aarin so I said come on babe it would be as easy as hitting the 'pay now' button, when my finger accidentally hit the trackpad and paid now!

I blamed it on the Demons of course.
You will not regret it Silvertongue...it is without a doubt one the most unique bizarre magic props of all time.
Dare I ask, how many - if any - are remaining now?
The Demons made me do it.
[quote]
On 2013-04-20 19:30, Papasmurf wrote:
The Demons made me do it.
[/quote]

Cool, then it's not yer fault!
[quote]
On 2013-04-20 14:58, Silvertongue wrote:
So I was discussing with my wife wether we could afford this or not realizing the price was in GBP I clicked on the paypal link to see how much it would convert to in USD. I was giving a fabulous argument for buying it for my birthday in June but getting it now because there were only 11 left. She was ummin and aarin so I said come on babe it would be as easy as hitting the 'pay now' button, when my finger accidentally hit the trackpad and paid now!

I blamed it on the Demons of course.
[/quote]

Silvertongue, hope your wife didn't unleash her inner demons on you after that! ;) heh

kindly,
M.I.
Well the bonus of it is when I checked my account online my accountant had deposited a sum of money from the taxman $10 shy of the cost of this.

I received the instructions for this effect last night and it has my mind buzzing! I could tell this was something special when I first heard about it and now I know it is, makes me feel like I'm in some sort of Da vinci code mystery but a lot darker. Just beginning to do a general research on this subject I see there is plenty of fodder for thought.
This is as much a work of art as an effect. It is definitely an investment that will increase in value, although I can't imagine selling it.
Ok folks, stock update....

ONE LEFT!
I am tempted to buy a second and sell it for a profit in the future. Someone better jump on this!!
Yes that would be truly evil!!!
[quote]
On 2013-04-29 06:14, necroloid wrote:
I am tempted to buy a second and sell it for a profit in the future. Someone better jump on this!!
[/quote]

That would be a wise investment. I get people asking for copies of 'Ghost' who are willing to pay almost double the price - but alas, this is also sold out!
Time for you to make a new book test up then. My vote goes to a Lovecraft edition.
Are they all gone?
Yes, looks like they are all sold out.
[quote]
On 2013-04-29 13:27, Joshua J wrote:
Time for you to make a new book test up then. My vote goes to a Lovecraft edition.
[/quote]

The words of the prophet are written on the Magic Café. (Paul Simon was apparently wrong.)

Next up will be a whole library of 'antique' first editions, including Lovecraft, Poe, &c. to complement GH*ST (or as stand-alone effects). Look for (at least some of) them in time for your Hallowe'en festivities.

BC
It hath arrived!

Just from this purchase I will withoutadoubt be buying everything that the good? Professor makes.

Thanks for everything
[quote]
On 2013-04-29 14:11, Vic Nadata wrote:
[/quote]

No, still one remains....
[quote]
On 2013-04-29 14:19, PROF BC wrote:
Next up will be a whole library of 'antique' first editions, including Lovecraft, Poe, &c. to complement GH*ST (or as stand-alone effects). Look for (at least some of) them in time for your Hallowe'en festivities.

BC
[/quote]

oh my!
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

The words of the prophet are written on the Magic Café. (Paul Simon was apparently wrong.)

BC
[/quote]

Excellent news. In that case I'll plant the seed for an edition of Oscar Wilde-The picture of Dorian Gray. I've wanted something on that theme for a while. But Lovecraft I'm sure will keep me happy.
[quote]
On 2013-04-30 03:48, LebanonCircle wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-04-29 14:11, Vic Nadata wrote:
[/quote]

No, still one remains....
[/quote]

Sorry about that Dan. Can someone buy it already please, I want mine to triple in price.....
I want mine to octuple...
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

BC
[/quote]

What excitement hit me after reading this... I look forward to getting my Halloween goodies then. Do keep me updated on your progress if and when you can Prof. As ever a great admirer of your work.

kindly,
Jordan
I found this spell book many moons ago, who'dathought
Perfect!
Oh you dog. That is beautiful.
The final AES GOETIA sold over the weekend. Many many thanks to all who got one. You now have what no one else can get.

I will be posting a performance idea in the Crypt immediately.

Best,
BC
Thanks Prof, Checking there now!
I am always late to the best parties...
Professor BC,
If time allows, please check your PM's

Thank you,
Kotah
[quote]
On 2014-01-22 12:38, KOTAH wrote:
Professor BC,
If time allows, please check your PM's

Thank you,
Kotah
[/quote]
I check my PMs regularly, but I am not yet judging the quill case entries. I will do after the contest closes. Thank you for your entries, most sincerely.

BC
[img]http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p782/declanring/IMG_0341_zps5e742c31.jpg[/img]

Two great finds. The silver cross I like because it holds the 3 pieces in place until it is fully unwrapped and is a seal to stop the demons from escaping and the book is from 1720 owned by Brother Agonia. It is the French Psalms of David sung version and the first of its kind. It also has a bit of a dark history to it, around the time it was released there was an uprising of a religious faction, the book was suspected in having something to do with the mass slaughter. If only they really knew. I'm thinking of making it into a hidden compartment book containing implements and diagrams referring to the demon trap. Any ideas on what might be in it would be appreciated and whether I should or not. Thanks

[img]http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p782/declanring/IMG_0340_zpsb77744c0.jpg[/img]
Super idea about the crucifix. I cannot condone the destruction of a beautiful and significant old book, but you might think about adding aged notes, old drawings, &c. that could be held between the pages.

BC
I agree with Prof BC. Integrate the book in to your routine, certainly, but don't do anything to an antique that can't be undone. The book and cross are lovely (great finds!).
Why do I always find the coolest stuff way to late?
Great finds and great ideas Silvertongue. Please don't harm that incredible book, but definitely incorporate it into your performance. You have a treasure there.
The crucifix idea is wonderful.
[quote]On Apr 12, 2014, Poveglia wrote:
Why do I always find the coolest stuff way to late? [/quote]

Don't sweat it, there will always be amazing new releases, and occasionally these things come up for sale on the second hand market. Stick around here for a year or two and you'll see enough cool stuff to bankrupt a small nation.
Today I'm very proud as I accomplised something I've wanted to do for a while but not had the means. Here it is on printed on FP and slipped inside the cover of my 1620 -I said 1720 in my last post for some reason M.DC.XX.- Pseaumes de David mis en rime. I swear they look like they have been block printed. Anyway just wanted to share my excitement.

[img]http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p782/declanring/B439F7B1-F3ED-47FB-B2AC-6CF9BF61AF29_zpszegflwnl.jpg[/img]
Excellent and very beautiful. Wonderful work. Thank you for sharing.

BC
Has anyone else come up with creative solutions for carrying without the pieces shifting out. Perhaps the Professor could have wooden pieces similar to the bottom holder made to cover the top?
I personally don't think any additions are nessesary to the trap itself. I use the crucifix as stated above and this holds the plates firmly with no problem. I also did away with the burlap sack and got a nice old piece of well worn burlap from my organic farmer which is large enough to tightly wrap the trap several times. I'm also on the look out for the right box for Aes, I've had no luck as of yet, but I'm happy to wait until the right one manifests. I think if you find a box for it you will have no problem with the plates moving.

[img]http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p782/declanring/53B98CCE-600D-4A26-B0D9-39ACD0F21B7A_zpstztddjco.jpg[/img]