(Close Window)
Topic: Kadar is here!
So I received a well wrapped parcel today. It was with great excitement that I opened it up to examine the contents. I have been involved in the playtesting of Kadar for a good while, so have had a set of cards I'd made up myself from the files, but they don't compare with getting the real deal in your hands. This is an excellent reading system which I've had a lot of mileage out of. The set will fascinate people you show it too and act as a draw

So the kit contains an aged box with the look of an old fashioned game. Inside the lid is a nice little explanation of the cards acting as a quick reference to the Kadar cards. The set contains the 5 Kadar cards: the Professor, the Siren, the Gypsy Queen, Mr Mercury and Mysterion. The little book of fate, the casting board, pendulum and dice. Also included are a set of raffle tickets to use as hand outs.

The Kadar little book of fate gives an explanation of the reading system. You could manage perfectly good indepth readings of this book alone. Its gives a procedure for using the cards for readings and the meanings of each card. You will also be sent a PDF giving more detail on how to use the cards. The cards are based on solid Jungian archetypes alongside the four elements. They can be used to give a solid personality reading and provide an insight into issues into the sitters life. The final stage of the process allows you to encourage the sitter towards self-improvement.

The 5 kadar's are lovely wood mounted cards. The images of the different characters are full of imagery. The symbolism in the cards is obvious while still having further depth to explore. The sitters will be able to understand much of the symbolism of the cards by themselves.

The raffle tickets are a lovely souvenir for sitters. It leaves them with a record of the reading. They look the part and can be used alongside other traditional mentalism techniques if you want to add something extra to the reading.

The pendulum is included for the spectator to select a card. There are several methods for the sitter selecting their card. The pendulum is my proffered method. I'm probably going to substitute the pendulum from the set for another one as its a bit modern looking. The casting board gives you an alternative way of presenting a reading.

Along with the set you gain access to the Kadar club which will allow you to purchase further add ons to the system. There are lots of exciting add ons planned for Kadar. The Kadar dice of fate, pitch books, king sized cards. Its an exciting set up to be part of. I'm looking forward to seeing the new directions Chris takes these.

In terms of the system in action I've been using the trial cards for several months now. I've used them in the pub, at fairs and for psychic evenings. They provided great fun readings. There suitable for almost all occasions and can be used in ways maybe other traditional systems such as Tarot wouldn't be accepted. The look of the cards and the fun feel of the cards makes them appealing and acceptable to people who would make shun Tarot. I've used them on strangers to give them a taste of the sort of entertainment I do and I've received bookings off the strength of the readings. While these cards may seem like a big initial price they are earners. What more can you ask for. I can't wait to get out and use the full set. Beautiful work from Chris.
I concur - beautiful, beautiful work. Since this arrived at lunchtime, my heart has been full of joy. I've laughed, I've cried, and I've danced around the kitchen naked - which quite upset the children. I'm a very happy bunny. Thanks Chris. :)
[img]http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/sheffieldmagic/178900_10151073711686146_976050063_n.jpg[/img]

Surrounded by a few 'friends'.
This looks amazing! I am sure I will not be able to purchase from the first run, so I sure hope they make more when I can afford to purchase!

-Max
A few more photos to wet appetites

[img]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t238/jobasha_album/Kadar%20set/DSCF3493.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t238/jobasha_album/Kadar%20set/DSCF3496.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t238/jobasha_album/Kadar%20set/DSCF3497.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t238/jobasha_album/Kadar%20set/DSCF3498.jpg[/img]
Drooling, hope mine arrives by next week!
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Nov 10, 2012 02:40PM)
So does anyone have a performance review of this? I am waiting for the mad rush for this to end so that Chris has a change to un cramp his hands. I am really interested on this one as it seems to be really unique as a performance item.
They are totally suitable for real life. I wrote up a number of detailed reports on my first trials for Chris during play testing and will see about digging some of it out. The first outing was in a run of bars in Hull, my home town, a fairly rough UK city. I started on friends then did strangers over the night and they went down very well. I got a booking that night off the strength of the Kadar readings and that was before I'd even read the manual properly. I've since used them for psychic parties and at a fair event. They have worked superbly each time giving good, insightful personality readings. Like most good reading systems it works best when the sitter is more involved, the more they talk the better. In some case the sitter has delivered most of the reading themselves as the symbolism on the cards is evident. They are earning me good money and offering a nice alternative to my tarot. I've also seen Paul Voodini using them for parlour work which played out well. An awful lot of thought has gone into these and it is a fully functioning system.
I love these. As Joshua has pointed out, I use the cards in the wild with real people. Haven't yet used the 'full' system, but that's only a matter of time. The cards are so good that I no longer carry tarot. I use Kadar.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Nov 10, 2012 05:58PM)
WOW! ok that says a lot for these.

in skill rating for ease of use what would you rate it?
how much memorization is there?
would you say there is a restriction on where they play or do you think the will be well received in most environments?
[quote]
On 2012-11-10 18:58, Michael_MacDonald wrote:

would you say there is a restriction on where they play or do you think the will be well received in most environments?
[/quote]

I have not received my set yet (it's on its way), but I had already read the pdf manual that Chris sent.

After reading through it, I would say there's almost no memorization needed, and the system is easy to learn. For starters, all the memorization required is in the little book of fate which you can simply read off the content to the spectator. Of course, experienced readers will want to go deeper into the system and I believed that will be very well covered in the Kadar Club. (I haven't got my set, so I don't access yet) If you have played with Zoltar card before, I doubt there's any difficulty with this.

I do not think there's any restriction on where to use this. I do not know the best way to describe it, but it's something like a fortune telling cabinet found in arcades, shopping malls, carnivals. I think it works very very well even in simple social gatherings.

Now, of course, I must stress that I have yet to receive my set and tried it out. But after reading the manual, I am very confident that I will use this a lot. I'm even thinking of ways I can in-cooperate this to some of my counselling work.

Now.. the wait continues.
Michael: the underlying logic is highly intuitive and playfully flexible...you can use the whole kit or just the cards...people are drawn to them and intrigued by them, while the connection between their choice and the reading they receive is wonderful to behold.

Plus everything just looks so cool!
[quote]
On 2012-11-10 18:58, Michael_MacDonald wrote:

[/quote]

Practically no memorisation is required. The cards have the information on. The symbolism on the cards is easy to read. Granted I have read Tarot for a good number of years so much of that is second nature now. But I reckon even a beginner to readings would be able to understand much of the meanings of the cards. I've asked sitters what the cards meant to them after they choose them and they've all picked up on the basic themes themselves. You do have the book included in the set that you can refer to during a reading if you needed to. When I first used the cards I took them out the first night without having properly memorised the system and meanings and I was booked for an event. There that simple. A beginner to readings will have a clear structure with these to deliver solid readings.

In terms of where they play I've used them in the pub, busy bars, peoples homes, one walkaround session and to table readings at a fair. Obviously your not going to carry the whole box for walkaround, but they've worked well in each environment.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Nov 11, 2012 01:12PM)
When I look at the pic I notice a whole lot of items in the box.
can any of you please tell me what else you get and a rough outline of what you can get with this as a whole set?
from looking at the pic it seems your getting a huge reading system not just cards. from what I am seeing you can break this down into different reading systems? if this is the case then the ROI (return on investment) is huge!
Just received mine stateside. Not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere, but you get:
-The four cards, plus a fifth one (and I really, really hope the AM guys expand on this). Actually, they're a bit too thick to be cards. Maybe ceramic "plates" would be a better description, and I'm not sure if they're even ceramic. They definitely feel like they will last a long time.
-The book of fate. Would love to see a PDF made available as a pitch book, as has been recently suggested in the AM blog.
-The addtional in-depth PDF user's manual/guide courtesy of Mr. Gould.
-The 3 vintage-looking wooden dice.
-A very nice pendulum. Granted, you can always make one or use your favorite.
-A small bag for the dice and pendulum.
-A book of carnival-esque looking tickets, which make nice handouts.
-A mini casting board, that does an excellent job invoking a vintage style board game. I'll let Chris elaborate here, but basically this adds some steps to further embellish the reading, with some variants provided.

I think this is an excellent place to start if you've never done readings. I do them quite a bit, and this of presentation is something I hadn't considered previously. I'm really looking forward to seeing this expanded on the AM forums/blog, even if not officially.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Nov 11, 2012 03:19PM)
Are the tickets tic sheets? or can I set up a tic sheet for this?

ok so I see at least 3 different reading systems here!
if the pitch book is made then you can sell it off and make the price for the set back in very short order!
I guess I need to save up for this and then I can see how I personally can expand it.

that is the main thing I am looking for in props now is the versatility. the ability to expand it for long term engagements. the ability to free flow the presentation getting more in depth or making is lighter as the need arises.

from what I'm seeing this could also be expanded so much further!
[quote]
On 2012-11-11 16:19, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
Are the tickets tic sheets? or can I set up a tic sheet for this?

ok so I see at least 3 different reading systems here!
if the pitch book is made then you can sell it off and make the price for the set back in very short order!
I guess I need to save up for this and then I can see how I personally can expand it.

that is the main thing I am looking for in props now is the versatility. the ability to expand it for long term engagements. the ability to free flow the presentation getting more in depth or making is lighter as the need arises.

from what I'm seeing this could also be expanded so much further!
[/quote]
I would say they qualify as tick sheets, at least from my experience, and you can use the other (blank side) for notes.
I would also say:
1) there's quite a bit of versatility here, and there really are no hard and fast rules, for the most part.
2) I haven't tried to expand on it, but it's clearly hinted at in the user's guide.
3) The presentation can be pretty open-ended. I think this is set up to be more on the lighter side at first glance, but my experience with readings has taught me that it's easy enough to get more in-depth, especially if that's already on the sitter's mind.
At first I thought K@d@r would just be Z*lt@r on steroids. But by the looks and posts here it is sooo much more!! If my success and oppertunities for readings continue I will definetely make an investment for this, and hope Chris will still be producing them!
The good news is, I believe he is doing a second run of them, so your chances look pretty good for the time being, but I'm sure he'll chime in here to confirm or deny very soon. :)
[quote]
On 2012-11-11 21:36, Mind illusionist wrote:
At first I thought K@d@r would just be Z*lt@r on steroids. But by the looks and posts here it is sooo much more!! If my success and oppertunities for readings continue I will definetely make an investment for this, and hope Chris will still be producing them!
[/quote]
Check Chris's blog post here: http://alchemymoon.wordpress.com/2012/11/11/quick-update/
Sounds very promising.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Nov 11, 2012 10:07PM)
Yep looks like he will be making them to order from now on! awesome!
Thanks for the info guys, yep I have contacted Chris before. Hes a great guy to deal with, Il be sure to let him know when/if I decide to. I don't think I do enough private readings now to warrant this investment yet, but who knows what the future holds?
The raffle tickets can be used as a tick sheet as well as pushing positive change in the sitters. They'll make for a nice souvenir. Several different ways of delivering the reading are listed using the cards and the casting board. The dice and pendulum offer other follow ons to the readings. There are other ways of using the cards for readings I've thrown a few ideas around and I think these will be seeing light on the Kadar forum when it is set up. Michael is right that the pitch books do make this a good investment. I reckon you can earn the money back off one good event or a few slow ones. There are a number of expansions planned I believe so there will be room for further development not just to readings but to use them for more traditional trickery. There is a bit of space in the box too should you wish to add some of your own items.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Nov 12, 2012 12:20AM)
I can understand that.... I am actually doing more readings now but I was looking for items on a lighter side so that I can reach more people then the tarot will allow. this seems to be the perfect comnbination of simplicity and free flow enough to take it deeper if needs be.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Nov 12, 2012 03:41AM)
Hi Folks
Glad that the Kadar sets are starting to hit stateside, and really glad that you are all liking them.
Sorry I have been a little neglectful of you all it seems, and there are many questions unanswered. The truth is, I do not come here every day, I am way too busy getting everyone's order out on time. However, my other job as taxi driver (a free service, only available to family) finds me once more in the supermarket car park (you would be surprised at how many of the seeds to the stuff you love were gestated here!), so I will use this opportunity to answer some of the questions.
The idea behind is twofold.
First it is aimed at supporting someone who is new to cold reading. I remember when I started cold reading, I spent months reading every book out there, getting horribly confused and thinking 'Sheet, this stuff is so difficult - how can I remember all of this?'. Then I realised that I had been doing cold reading for years, only I had called it 'conversation'. There are two very basic tenants to cold reading, they can be summed up in 30 seconds. This is really all you need to know.
Here is a truism that I have expounded upon many times in the past. People are more interested in themselves than they are in your cards tricks. Don't believe me? How many times have your performed the most gobsmaking trick, only to get the response 'can you tell my fortune with those?'. Want to really pizz a magician off? Stand next to him as he is performing and get some tarot cards out!
So, the guy who just wants to be interesting (that covers most of us!) is very much in my mind here. I can guarantee that if you follow the advice in Kadars 'Little Book of Fate', and in the 'special' document that I send you, you will be super confident at cold reading within seconds. Put simply, you cannot go wrong doing a Kadar reading, it pretty-much does itself.
As people have pointed out here, there is very little to learn. In fact, I would say that there is nothing to learn at all!
So open the box and start penetrating your friends innermost secrets instantaneously!

Secondly, I really *do* have the working professional very much in mind here. If you do work the psychic fayres and home party circuits, you will know the inherent dangers of using the tarot. What *do* you do about those pesky Death, Devil and Blasted Tower cards? You either have to leave them out (and you know what that will do on the metaphysical plane!?) or you have to lie 'Hey, Death aint so bad! In fact it does not mean death at all, see the skinny guy with the scythe, well he is just saying that you need to get out there in the garden and get some pruning done!' I mean, don't you hate that sort of new age interpretation? I mean, you don't actually *do* that yourself do you?
Also, there is the public perception that the Tarot is cursed and will bring them bad luck. Which, in the wrong hands is a reasonable conclusion for them to come to!
The first thing to say about Kadar is that it is relentlessly positive. You are going to have to leave the rubber bats and plastic skull behind here, as Kadar's philosophy is that we should grow towards the light and that life should be 'fun' (just when did we forget those two things?).
So a Kadar reading is never negative. Anything negative in a persons life is seen as a temporary block of the positive energy that is rightfully theirs. So anything good that is happening is an indication that you are getting it right, and anything bad is an indication that something you are doing is blocking this good thing from happening.
Which leads me onto the next point.
One thing that I think is missing from many readers readings is the cognitive therapy conclusion! Give a reading and let the person go and it is , in the end, just so many words that vaporize into nothing of substance. However, end a reading with some direct action that the sitter is committed to undertake and a reading is transformed into something with real substance. Something with the potential of being life transformative. Hey, we call ourselves magicians? Well, isn't that (transform reality) what *real* magicians do? Get you hands off your spongy balls and get out there and be a *real* magician!
Another point aimed at the working pro - and those of you who have you Kadar sets in front of you will really get what I mean here... They look so eye catching and intriguing! Believe me, if you are working the Psychic Fare circuit, that box, and the mystery of what is in it- is going to be a people magnet. The imagery in the Kadar set plug into something childlike and fun in our own younger days. It looks like an old game that you never got around to playing when you were a kid. I cannot overstress the value of this in terms of you earning an income off this thing.
Talking of which. There is unlimited potential for self promotion here for the working pro. First of all, any working pro worth his salt is going to be handing out a ticket with their contact details on!
Also, the pitch books can be used to earn extra income. Think of this, you have just shown your sitter something that has really rocked them, some secret method that you have that has told them things about themselves that only they could know, *and* things that they *did not know*. Also, and more importantly, you have left them feeling valued, feeling great about themselves, feeling *empowered*. Then you turn around and say, 'Do you want to take this away with you? So that you can continue using it and use it on *you* friends?'. Well, what are they going to say? Also, you are still the master of course! You are still only a phone call away from a booking. So it's a good job that you have put your contact details in the back of the book that your sitter has taken away!
The pitch books will be available to buy in bulk at a silly price for Kadar Klub Members. For the full time pro, I will make the pdf's available.
I will not go into what the Kadar Klub is in this post, as it is way too long already - I may in a future post.
A few of you have hit upon the levels of depth in the system, and this for me is where the *real* power lies. Yes, it can work on a very superficial level - and this is something of great value to the working pro. If you can perform a reading that is essentially effortless, light-hearted and more importantly *quick*, the more money you are going to make, right?
Again, the working pro will understand the potential of this right away.
However, underpinning this *is* a coherent system that has it's roots in antiquity, as well as the western tradition of magick, and in modern Jungian psychology. Believe me, this is no quick trick that I have just rattled off to make a quick buck!
So, you can start with a superficial reading, let the sitter be the focus of attention, letting her open up and feel valued. Now, you can gently lead her into some very deep waters should you wish. Those of you with a grounding in magick will also understand how this system can be used to actively transform on the metaphysical level as well. All of this is merely hinted at in the Kadar Manuals so far. But there really is enough between the lines for the experienced practitioner to use.
It has always been my intension to write the full Kadar book, one which explores all of these depths. However, I never though it worth pursuing, as sales would not justify the effort put into writing it. The rate that Kadar is selling at is making this more and more feasible an undertaking.
So there you have it for now, some of my thoughts behind the philosophy of Kadar.
I do realise that I have only answered a few of your questions.
But this is long enough!
I will put up a post regarding what is actually in the box the next time I find myself in a supermarket carpark... hey, not too long then!
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Nov 12, 2012 10:00AM)
So it seems that a very well rounded system for newbies and pros alike.
this must have been in the works for years to get it to where it is now.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Nov 12, 2012 10:48AM)
It was!
Kadar is indeed great for someone new to readings. I was one of the playtesters and completely new to doing readings. One of the first times I used the system, I literally had the book in my hand and referred to it as we went along. I basically treated it as something I found and thought it would be fun to play around with. As I did it a few more times, I found myself more comfortable and adding in bits of information that seemed related and was getting hits. In time, I leaned on the book less and less as I was learning it as I went. If I found myself suck, I took Chris’s suggestion and simply asked “What does it mean to you?”

The system will grow with you, at least that is my experience. I have gone from knowing basically nothing about readings, to having some real practical experience and confidence in doing readings. As other more experienced readers have said above, it works for them as well.
This is the first report I gave Chris from playtesting. It shows the strength of the cards as this was just a set I'd made up from the files, no where near as nicely aged as the finished product. This was also before I'd read the full manual.

So took the smaller set out last night for in inaugural run out. I was out for a friends birthday, figured she's have several of her girl friends who it would go down well with. We were out in Hull figured these would be suitable for giving some light readings in the bars of Hull. There'd be a good number of drunks and something of this nature would go down well. Started on one of her friends who I have known for a good few years, but not well. I introduced it talking about myself and my interest in divination and collecting items around this. We talked about the fortune telling machines and how I collect the cards. We had a nice chat on these before I introduced the cards. I introduced them as a 70s novelty, as this being the smaller unaged set I made the 70s seemed more appropriate than claiming 30s/40s.

I began by asking her to mix the cards up and lay them on the table in a line. I used my necklace for a pendulum. I've done pendulum work with her before so didn't need to go in any depth on how to use that with her. So just had a chat about my necklace (a silver chain with a lingham stone on). I can see I'll be making a pendulum specifically to go with these though. She held it over the line and moved it along. I didn't say it would move until she'd been over the line once. She moved back along the line and I explained that over one we would see a different movement. She moved along the row to the siren where we got the movement. I asked her to let the pendulum rest on the table.

We moved into the visualisation stage. I asked her to imagine placing the coin in one of the slots (she chose the middle). Then soltar slowly starts coming to life and whirrs around before selecting one of the objects (she picked the castle/house). He then handed it to her with the positive hand.

I then moved into the details of her choices. I mentioned a few points about the other characters before talking about the siren. Earlier in the reading she had mentioned that she had some psychic ability, so mentioned that it was interesting she'd picked this one as the siren was all about intuition and trusting those impulses. She had chosen the present and the house, so talked in terms of her considering moving on with her life. I talked about whether she was considering moving house. She revealed that she is considering moving down to London and is looking at a new house to rent. She then went onto fill most of the details out.

I didn't go onto do the effecting change of having her write it down, just talked though things she could do to make the decision herself (making lists weighing up pros and cons, talking to friends, etc). I returned the pendulum to her and finished with her thinking of a question in her head and did a smile yes/no. She didn't need to share the question it was just for her.

I asked her later for what she thought of it and she absolutely loved the whole reading. She said right from the off when I uncovered the cards she'd been attracted to the siren. When the pendulum moved over it she said it was a real shock as it was what she wanted. The fact that we got out of it that she is considering moving and had a good talk about it left her feeling positive about her options. Off the strength of it I've been booked to do a psychic home party, so really couldn't ask for a better first reading.

I did it for a few strangers over the night. Again good responses. Gave a few different give aways at the end of the reading. Gave one a pendulum I'd made for her to carry on experimenting with and a few gemstones. One lad I gave a very serious chat to that I was giving him a great gift with great responsibility, so great I wasn't sure he was ready for it. An item that had in fact been the secret of my power. I then gave him a psychic fish. Over the course of the night I saw this lad a few more times in other bars having a whale of time chatting up girls with his fish. He came back to me later thanked me for the reading, said it meant a lot and bought a round for me.

All in all it served it's purpose beautifully. It delivered solid readings. It looks trivial enough that I was able to use it on a group of fairly rough Hull lads who were total strangers without them feeling awkward about having a tarot reading or their palms read (did do these later, but don't think they'd have gone with me holding their hands as the first reading). But still gave good readings. It entertained and got a few people thinking about how they can make the changes they want happen. Can't really ask for much more.
Darn it. I really want an elite kadar set now...
And Joshua, the response you got, espeically from the blokes sounds good. As you mentioned, some people tend to freak out even at the sight of tarot cards. And some males can feel uncomfortable if you hold their hand to read palms. Kadar sounds like its perfect to introduce readings in a fun and interesting way.
I am delighted to announce that I'm part of the Kadar Club as of today!

Yes! The Kadar box has arrived. (along with the Hedge Tarote) It took a while to get here and I was worried it was lost. I'm glad that I have the blessings of the Kadar, and it finally delivered to my door step this morning. I believe everything I want to describe about this beautiful artifact has been covered in the earlier pages of this thread, so I will write about something else... the creator, Chris!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Chris for his excellent customer service. Lots of e-mails were exchanged between us and he went all the way to fulfill my request. For e.g I asked if he could cut out the slots in the cards for my set, and he did it for me. He is very sincere and prompt with answering my questions and ensuring that the stuff do get to me. I am a very very happy customer.

I'm gonna do my first reading using the Kadar in a week's time, and will definitely be here to share the experience from a non-performer point of view.
Thank you Sir - But you did you part in waking the Singapore post office up - Three weeks is a bit of a record for me, I can assure everyone else that you can expect your orders a little speedier. However, the postal services of each destination has a mind of it's own. Some PO's seem to think it is a cool thing to send a parcel on a sight seeing tour of their country before deciding to send it to the address *I actually wrote on the package*!!!!
I know that I have said this before, but the thing that really gets me, is that I have to pay insurance for the PO to do their job properly!

Anyway, remember, it is always good to have an understanding customer (like Piyuyu) too!

BTW, the Kadar operatives are now out in the field spreading the word! Reports are starting to come in of the triumphs and troubles of the Karar Pilgrims. So, as mentioned on the other thread, keep the reports coming in, there is a virtual training course starting to evolve in the appropriate place.

Exciting times!
HELLo

I am very interested in Kadar!
Is it possible to apply Kadar also in another language?

Best wishes in LVX
Adrian Marcato
Hi Adrian
Yes absolutely.
Here is an image of one of the Kadri

[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/sb60t5.gif[/img]

You can see that other than the title, there are no words. The whole thing is performed verbally and though imagery, so it is fully performable in any language.
Fantastic Christopher!

I have also your DITF elite and love it ....
Kadar is purchased!

in LVX
Adrian Marcato
In the post in the morning, or Monday at the latest.
Just a little story about my Christmas with Kadar. My family has a traditional fortune telling after we finish Christmas dinner. We usually use a tube filled with numbered sticks, randomly drawn, and each number corresponding to a fortune in a booklet. This year I brought Kadar. The set really peaked everyone's interest, especially my 16 year old niece. After I gave her a reading, she immediately wanted to give her mom a reading. by the end of the night she had given almost every one in the family a reading. And she was very good too!! by her 5th try she petty well had the most of the meanings memorized and I could tell she was making it up if she could not remember the exact meanings. I think she was born to be a reader!! She begged me to borrow it to take to school after the holidays but I had to say no, much to her disappointment.( I did not want to entrust such a valuable prop with a 16 year old.)
I believe Kadar will be a new Christmas tradition for my family for years to come.
Contact me on the AM forum or on FB, I would like to help your niece out.
I am going to be selling Kadar Pitch Books soon. This is essentially, the 'Kadar Book of Fate' with 4 of the Kadri (Mysterion is far too mysterious to let loose on the general public) The idea of the Pitch book is exactly what you describe - perform Kadar, show you sitter how simple the (basic) system is, then extort some cash out of them.
These will be on the Website real soon - but I can let you have a set ahead of time.
I just want to help cement your Niece's future career.
;-)
KADAR is AMAZING.

Beautiful work... just got my set and it's magnifique.... holy frijoles.... this ROCKS. I am going to have a great time with this....

Doktori Kadari
I got my Kadar box a week ago and I'm so happy I finaly bought it!

The box is very nice and the contents are also great, but that's not what is important. What's important to me is the system.

Cold reading was, well, still is, something that makes me very nervous... I just didn't know how to get started, I have read some book but didn't feel confident enough to do a reading. Now with Kadar I have a casual way to start readings with a very simple and fail safe system from which to start building my skills with practice.

If you are also hesitant about starting to do readings Kadar is a nice way. Also you get a copy of Zoltar the previous and pocket version of Kadar.
[quote]
On 2013-01-15 17:59, OnTiltSoon wrote:

The box is very nice and the contents are also great, but that's not what is important. What's important to me is the system.

Cold reading was, well, still is, something that makes me very nervous... I just didn't know how to get started, I have read some book but didn't feel confident enough to do a reading. Now with Kadar I have a casual way to start readings with a very simple and fail safe system from which to start building my skills with practice.

If you are also hesitant about starting to do readings Kadar is a nice way. Also you get a copy of Zoltar the previous and pocket version of Kadar.

[/quote]

Excellent! I just ordered this today...after much scraping and saving...
[quote]
On 2013-01-15 20:36, David Eichler wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Congrats, David. I'm on the fence with this one!
I'm curious about that, Jorey. What do you look for in effects that are likely to be 'of interest' in the Spooky section? I was so impressed with the thinking that was behind Hedge Tarote, coupled with the reviews of the folks here who have worked with Kadar, especially those made by Joshua J, Voodini, espkeith, Dr. Spektor, and necroloid! For me, what got me off of the fence (aside from getting the cash) was what I have seen of the work AM has released these past years - items that are so well received and memorable in the minds of the spectators. For me, it is a plus that the items I have purchased from them do not require gaffs (CC and HT being the two I have purchased from AM). Anyhow, hearing what you look for (and others, for that matter) may help owners of Kadar to post information specific to your interests to help you decide if this is or is not an effect that would work well for you.
Best,
David
[quote]
On 2013-01-15 22:35, afinemesh wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-01-15 20:36, David Eichler wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Congrats, David. I'm on the fence with this one!
[/quote]

I'll give you a nudge - get it :)
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Jan 16, 2013 12:44PM)
Hey Chris when will the pitch books be available? I am wanting to pick some up for BOR
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Jan 17, 2013 09:21AM)
Thanks for all of the kind koments here!
I am really pleased that Kadar is really taking off - Zoltar was very slow to take - but I cannot make the Kadar sets quickly enough.
Anyway - give me another prod if I have not answered your questions.
But to answer Michael. I am working on putting the Kadar Klub together. It is pretty much done and ready to go up - I am just waiting for something from two guys before I do a mini relaunch - so come-on two guys!
The Klub should be up before the end of next week. No - it WILL be up by then.
Lots of lovely stuff for you Kadar Practitioners to try out there.
Mr. Gould, your avatar has been haunting me. As a former-comic collector, I am embarrassed to say I can't immediately place it. Is it Steranko Dr. Strange art by any chance?
That's ditko...c'mon! :)
Yup, Ditko without any question. Customized nicely, of course...
God. I suck. Been away from comics too long. I deserve the flogging.
Greetings,

I should have written this a little while ago, but the Halloween season is keeping me happily very busy! I'm not one to write a lot of reviews, and certainly am not a prolific fan-boy of any creation house, but this item deserves the attention. We all own lots of (expensive) things that have ended up either in the drawer or on the shelf, but I'm happy to report that KADAR is most definitely NOT in that category.

I ordered KADAR from Chris and received it a month or so ago. The kit itself is a well crafted and well thought out thing of beauty. The box, the cards, and all the accompaniments that come with it are all top quality, as we have come to expect from Chris and the crew at Alchemy Moon. Although it is a complete system as delivered, no doubt you will come up with your own ideas for things to add to it, as it really sets a solid foundation and atmosphere that begs to be built upon. I will be posting a description of my specific customizations in the official KADAR forum when I get the time.

The system of KADAR is very easy to learn and is explained both in basics and in further detail with the supplied documentation. Even if you have never done readings, you can definitely start using KADAR the day after you receive it, but you would be just scratching the surface. It can be used as a light piece of kit, or it can be taken into providing very meaningful readings. If you are already a proficient reader you will appreciate the depth available within the system, and the ease of getting into it through the tools provided. A funny caveat here if you are already a reader like myself - you may need to unlearn some of the habits you've developed over the years in order to switch into the KADAR paradigm, and let me tell you that this is a very good thing! I'm not going to go into detail, but let's say it involves more listening and less talking. With KADAR, the experience is truly about your sitter, not you, as it always should be.

So does it play well? After working with it on and off at home for awhile, I had a nice banner printed up and took it to a local psychic fair that I attend regularly. My first guest sat down and I began the system. Somewhere after the initial phases of the process, but before the actual reading had begun, she was already in tears from the emotions that were being pulled up. If you are an experienced reader you know what this is, if you are not, get ready to learn. I don't like to use this phrase, but this tool is powerful (if used properly). I did six more readings that day and every one went far, far better than I had expected going in. Almost all of my guests became deeply involved in the process and commented on how fulfilling the sessions were. Then there were the other readers who came around to see what I was up to, but we won't go into that here. As to logistics, I was doing twenty minute readings, but this system can be done lightly in ten minutes, or you can easily fill a half hour or more depending on how far you want to go and what you want to add in.

As you can guess by now, I highly recommend this system. It is fun and accessible on the surface, and has a world of depth and scalability waiting under the hood. It is not cheap, but the price keeps it out of the hands of the merely curious and reflects the work involved in creating it. I for one think it is well worth the tag. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me, and please know that I am in no way affiliated with Alchemy Moon beyond being a very satisfied customer and member of the KADAR KLUB.

Thanks,

Dennis
Thank you dennper for the detailed review.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Oct 29, 2013 08:58PM)
I never solicit for reviews, so when I get one I know it is genuinely felt. So thank you very much Dennis for the wonderful review, getting kind comments make it all worth while!
BTW, got some big Kadar news coming your way soon!
[quote]
On 2013-10-29 21:58, Christopher Gould wrote:
[/quote]

Lookin forward to that!
[quote]
On 2013-10-29 22:57, afinemesh wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-10-29 21:58, Christopher Gould wrote:
[/quote]

Lookin forward to that!
[/quote]

Me too! Yayy for the Kadar Club!!

On another note, I am interested to know how people are presenting themselves when they use Kadar for readings. Do you tell your sitter that you are a reader/intuitive? or do you just say its an old game, lets see how it works and act like you don't actually know much at all? Or do you have another persona/premise that you use when using Kadar?

kindly,
Jordan
I found this in my grandmother's attic when she died. I was helping to clean out boxes when I came across it, tucked away in an old piece of luggage. My dad saw it and told me it was a game he played when he was a kid - he said the cards used to 'talk' to him. Not like 'crazy talk', but if he'd sit with them quietly and think a question, then choose a card and turn it over, he'd get the answer from looking at the images. So I tried it, and found it worked. Would you like to try it?
Thanks for the response David, nice backstory.

I ask mainly because I have started doing palm readings earlier this year and have really had a lot of fun and great expereinces doing palmistry, but Im not sure if I should continue the reader persona or not with Kadar.

I might try different presentations and see which suits me best
Hi all,

I've developed an add-on to the Kadar/Zoltar kit. More deets over at the owners' forum: http://alchemy-moon.freeforums.net/thread/60/zoltars-stars-kadar-add-on

Any thoughts / feedback welcome.
I just want to thank Mat publicly for this. This is a major release. I did give him the blessing to sell this, why he is giving it away it quite beyond me. If you have Kadar I urge you to download this one.
I hope to be adding a little of my own 'colour' to it soon too.
Magicians helping magician indeed!
Kudos Mat.
Some people are just generous like that. ;)
Thank you very much, Mat! Will make a great addition to Kadar, which I used at a corporate Halloween party last week and had some guests saying "go for the big cards!" - I'm glad I picked up the Kadar Kings...and the Truth or Dare game. :bg:
I would not trade my kader for anything. this little beauty has earned me some killer reputation points with the local psychics lol. they keep begging me to tell them where I got it.
[quote]
On 2013-11-07 10:48, Michael_MacDonald wrote:

they keep begging me to tell them where I got it.
[/quote]

They,must not be very good Psychics...if,they have to ask ! :)
Chris has created a rather beautiful coloured set of 'Zoltar's Stars' cards, which you can pick up over at the [url=http://alchemy-moon.freeforums.net/thread/60/zoltars-stars-kadar-add-on]owners' forum[/url].

I might print myself off another set, although I quite like the simple B&W look...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/B7SlsiCl.jpg[/img]
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Nov 11, 2013 06:07PM)
I do tend to agree Mat. The black and white look mighty fine. I think if I were using them by themselves, this is what I would go for, but printed on a cream textured card. However, in the Kadar box, with all that colour, I think the cards need colour to. But seeing that you are giving the *** ( I did not really swear then!) things away, then folk can print as many as they like!

Incidentally, we are coming to the end of the Kadar elite line.

However.........
Kader is still one of my favorite effects!!
And what a however it is...

I just received my brand spanking new (old) Kadar Pro set...

The four Kadri +1
Kadar pocket card(s)
Little book of Fate
Big book of fate
Access all areas in the owners private forum with masses of info tips and suggestions worthy of commercial release in their own right FOR FREE...!
AND my favourite... A moonskin hand worked leather pouch to carry it all around in...

I am very happy...
Alchemy moon is down any reason?
They are doing updates on their website so yeap!
You can still reach them on the Alchemy Moon forum though.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/5CE2KTq.png[/img]

Another free add-on for those blessed by the Kadri - The Billets of Kadar package is now available to download over at the owner's forum:
[url=http://alchemy-moon.freeforums.net/thread/120/billets-kadar]LINK[/url]
The BoK package has been updated to include a new business card template - Kadar can now grant wishes (through the ritual of OTL)
[url=http://alchemy-moon.freeforums.net/thread/120/billets-kadar]LINK[/url]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/uK5ufDil.jpg[/img]
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Feb 17, 2014 08:03AM)
This is a wonderful gift for the Kadar community, and a one of many such things from Mat. Mat's contributions have taken Kadar to a whole new level, where it is a system with different alternatives and variants. There is a further rather wonderful thing on the horizon from this creative and deep thinking guy. But, I am not saying anymore about this, but I really hope that he charges a reasonable amount for his work this time.
I cannot thank Mat enough for the wonderful contributions to the evolution of Kadar, it represents the true spirit of what Alchemy Moon is all about. As Mat is not receiving any hard cash for his work, I hope that he receives appropriate kudos from the community. I am sure that many here will join me in giving this credit.
Mathew, this is incredibly generous and will offer a whole new way in which to deepen the way Kadar can be played!
All the best,
David
Thank you for your kind words guys!

The package now includes templates for performing a Kadar-themed Q&A!
Thank you Mat!
So I finally ordered my Kadar Pro Set...it arrived lightning fast and what can I say?
WHY THE H... didn't I ORDER THIS EARLIER???
This is such a wonderful reading package...It is crazy how much attention and care went into the details of this offering!
I just have to say Kudos to Chris, this is a true masterpiece! Chris is a super friendly guy who really keeps in touch with his customers and if you are still on the fence regarding Kadar...I urge you to give it a try, you will be very pleasantly surprised!
I received my Kadar Pro Set a few weeks back, too, and it is incredible! Simply put, I love love love love love it.
Chris did an amazing job & was so very pleasant to deal with, everytime an email from him came in I was actually looking forward to reading it. There is not a single negative thing to say about this at all. Delighted I bought this :) highest recommendations!
Thanks guys, it is always good to get a bit of genuine feedback and to know that your work is appreciated.
Kadar is becoming something of a phenomenon. I seem to be spending most of the week making sets up.
Any time left over is being spent working on the advanced course for the the readers and the magician path books for the new Kadar cards.
I think these will cause something of a stir when they come out.
Looking forward to it, Christopher! I enjoy the idea of the reader's path and where you're heading with this.
Chris, I'm learning so much with Kadar!

I'm building a lot of experience in readings thanks to you and the Kadri.
Woah. There is a genuine fervor going down over here. That's outstanding.

I'm intrigued, but I'm wondering how beginner friendly Kadar really is.

Is this anyone's first time around the block with readings? Would you recommend this to a new blood? Also, is this something that could go up on stage or is it best suited for one-on-ones?

I guess I had more questions than I thought. PM if you prefer.

Many thanks.
[quote]
On Mar 4, 2014, Perkins wrote:

I'm wondering how beginner friendly Kadar really is? Would you recommend this to a new blood?

Also, is this something that could go up on stage...

Many thanks.
[/quote]

Yes to your first question, 100%

When you say 'up on stage', do you mean visually? Or contents wise?

Visually, you can purchase the 'King Kadar Kards' which are larger. (If they are available)

And contents wise, it depends on what you have planned... ;)
Perkins,

I was amazed at how easy the readings are. On the surface it is a game, a throwback to a Carnivalesque bit of fun and the first few "readings" I did with my Kadar Pro set were sucessful because I did nothing...!

Lay out the cards and read the little book... You and your sitter experience the Kadri together... Make notes, this will show you how similar certain types are and you can begin to really read your sitters even before they "pick" a reading...

My tip: Kadar Pro and a nice little pendulum from Rich H. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=408848&forum=14&236
[quote]
On Mar 4, 2014, Perkins wrote:
Woah. There is a genuine fervor going down over here. That's outstanding.

I'm intrigued, but I'm wondering how beginner friendly Kadar really is.

Is this anyone's first time around the block with readings? Would you recommend this to a new blood? Also, is this something that could go up on stage or is it best suited for one-on-ones?

[/quote]

This is a very easy system and you can get up and running with it right away. However, there is a lot of depth available as well, and the more you work with it the more amazing the readings become. I have stopped using Tarot altogether, in favor of Kadar. My readings are generally at corporate events where I have a line of people out the door waiting for their turn, and in this respect Kadar works wonderfully - you can do a quick reading and leave the querent very satisfied. Then, if you have time you can go into quite a bit more depth.

As far as doing it on stage - Anthony already mentioned the Kadar Kings, which are much larger than the standard cards. You should PM Chris at the Moon and see if those are available.
Chris is finishing up a large order for me including primarily Kadar Elite ( Elite plus as I call it :-)) with reg size cards,folio case & Kadar kings are part of the order, so the Kadar kings are still available.

Once one last item is ready will be ready to ship & I am VERY excited to work with the Kadar ! :-) Also looking forward to the soon to be ready Kadar poker cards too !!

The Last few posts have me pumped up :-)
It is a great system. Accessible to the beginner yet capable of great depth and profound insight.

The fairground cabinet theme is unique, unusual and appealing to sitters.

I almost envy the guys who still have that delicious experience of wonder to come when the parcel arrives. Savour it guys!
[quote]
On Mar 5, 2014, MatCult wrote:
I almost envy the guys who still have that delicious experience of wonder to come when the parcel arrives. Savour it guys!
[/quote]

I shall Savor it MatCult :-) & thank you in advance for your creative contributions to Kadar !
At the moment I am writhing in anticipation for the soon shipment....LoL
My thanks, gents. (Anthony, Tim, Bedford, Mat) Thanks for taking the time to give me the first-timer lowdown.

This is going on the list, stat! There's a kind of giddy, 'tip of the iceberg' thing I'm getting here -- maybe, 'top o' the ferris wheel? -- anyway, I'm looking forward to it.

Regards,
Perkins
What is going on? I think I have made more Kadar sets in the past week than in the past few months.
Thanks for all of the support chaps, both verbal and financial!

The two intro books for the Kadar Poker Cards are now finished and off for proofing, and I am now faced with the daunting task of sifting through the zillion of ideas on my hard drive for the advanced courses. Kadar has become something of a phenomenon, not only in magic but you would not believe the numbers of working psychics that now use the system. It borders on being quite scarey!

Anyway, I wanted to respond to the question regarding Kadar on stage.
Kadar was only ever conceived as being for one-to-one or for intimate parlour performance. However, I know that it has been performed in a stage setting, this is why I made the King Sized. However, to be honest, due to the detail on the cards, I cannot see them translating well to a stage setting, unless you are performing to a room of people with huge eyes.

That being said the core principles of the Kadar system would work very well in a stage setting, and I do have some interesting ideas regarding this.
If there is a significant interest - i.e. if a written up routine would actually be *used* it may be worth my time to work on this.
So if anyone is seriously interested in actually performing a Kadar routine in a stage setting in front of an audience... you know where I can be found.
Oh! Life size cabinets!
You ARE going to be busy Sir! ;)
Kadar-themed Q&A anyone?

Gain access to the questions through your favourite method and appear to divine the information through the audience members interactions with the King Size cards?

[i]"You selected the Siren - this suggests there could be an issue of a creative nature. She selects the ladder - are you thinking of changing career, yes, an ambition you have held since you were young, but it is a change of direction, it is a big decision, it's something that holds some fear and trepidation for you. You are considering quitting your job to pursue a life as an artist? Is that right? The Kadri have an answer for you, they say..."[/i]
Where is this available?
Check out: http://alchemy-moon.freeforums.net - that is the online forum, and probably one of the better ways to reach the one who puts this wonderful effect out...Chris Gould.
Just received my Kadar Elite & AA cards with cases for both order from Chris yesterday. I also got the large Kadar plates & am SO glad I did, the regular size in the carry case is great, but having the larger plates that nicely fit in the box with the extra's I feel is much more visible be it stage or one-on-one - IMO

I do wish to say that Chris has been awesome to work with all my questions & additions to my original order as time progressed as he made my Elites I was able to add to my order with the large plates & a case for the reg size, then adding AA & a case to for those. I never had to chase him down, Chris kept me updated as things went, PM's & emails were answered that day or next ( being a time difference as I'm in the state & he is "across yonder pond" in England ).
I waited a very fair amount of time as he made my order & a few items that were coming from Moonskin & when the order was ready he billed me & sent a few days after as I had payed late Fri & he had to wait until following Mon/Tues to ship out.

I also want to say that due to a snafu on his store site not of his fault, Chris extended to me a pricing thru the situation at his loss when he could have said nothing & I would honestly have been less the wiser & payed what I was originally told ( & was happy to have payed ), but he stepped up & I will have to say that is past rare if non existent these days ! He felt it was only fair & was more important to him than just my money & I want to publicly say "THANK YOU Chris" !
- As a retired SCA knight that earned kingship for a season - I hereby dub you a knight for your honesty,integrity & a man of honor ! :-) LoL

He was completely on top of the delivery & tracking info & made sure all was ok up to me receiving my package, again Thank you Chris, you are an example to be followed by :-)

The Moonskin cases for my Kadar reg, AA cards & a custom card case is just darn right beautiful,well made & overall awesome ! I used to do SCA & have a lot of custom H.D. leather armor & custom fantasy armor I used in local RenFairs so I know good leather & quality workmanship & I will not hesitate to order from Moonskin thru Chris in the future ! & the pricing is MORE than fair, truthfully I felt for the leather & time to make these the price is less than I expected to pay ! Thank you Moonskin - your artistry / talent & cases are Magically awesome !!!! :-) ( please pass that on Chris )

The AA cards, WoW ! again worth every penny, I love the artwork front & back and love the m*rk!ng system. The fit very well in the Moonskin black case . I will look forward to having fun with these ESP cards & they're other uses, very glad I added these to my order !!

& Finally, my Kadar Elite...........FRIGG'IN WoW !!!!! I had started to read thru the PDF as I awaited my shipment & after getting Kadar & reading thru the rest of the main manual & little book of fates, I am amazed at the simple complexity of how deep you can go with Kadar ! Even the Truth or Dare game & casting board that came with it is so cool to extend Kadar's visions of past,present & future with a little fun tossed in :-) The whole collection really does have a feeling of the old carny, you can only really appreciate Kadar in hand & the props,time & effort that Chris put into it. & MatCult's extra's that he has for free download on the Kadar club site.......Thank you Matcult !

Also have to add I love the unique old smell that the AA cards & Kadar items have :-)

Can't wait to take Kadar out for a spin ! Chris AKA Alchemy Moon has surpassed my expectations in what I received & as a person & business man - holds customer service & honesty above all the highest ! ( & of course his products too...lol )

I look forward as a newly "licensed" Kadar practitioner to pass along the great visions,wisdom's & words of the Kadri for those in need in quire's of they're past,present & future ! :-)
[quote]
On Mar 14, 2014, David Eichler wrote:
Check out: http://alchemy-moon.freeforums.net - that is the online forum, and probably one of the better ways to reach the one who puts this wonderful effect out...Chris Gould.
[/quote]

Thanks,
I joined the forum you linked to, but I cannot access the forum section to do with Kadar, it asks for a password, I typed in the password I created and it will not give me access.

Is this the same as the Kadar on Kickstarter, as I have made my pledge on kickstarter for the deck and the two books.
Yes it is the same Kadar, the poker Kadar cards are part of an extension of the Kadar product line. When you buy Kadar Pro or Elite you will be given a password to enter the Kadar forum section.
Tried contacting Chris via the forum but cant get the message out, keep getting error messages web site is not available when I send the message.
[quote]
On Mar 14, 2014, phillipsart wrote:
Tried contacting Chris via the forum but cant get the message out, keep getting error messages web site is not available when I send the message.
[/quote]

Just PMed you a contact addy, his site has had some glitches lately.......but he's alive & well :-)
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Mar 15, 2014 06:48AM)
Thanks for that great review Sir. Such things are the fuel to my tank.

Hope you do not start a run on the King size cards though, as I am phasing these out.

A little explanation regarding the glitches that Merlin refers too. I pulled my website a while ago, as I had a great idea to simplify it - but the site looked like a dog's backside and the system automatically gave £100 discount on Kadar! So I pulled that one too, or thought I had, but apparently it was still there and a couple of guys found it - so I honoured the price that was up there.
I regularly get emails asking me why it is so *** hard to find out where to order my stuff from (sorry, forgot *** is a swear word here!!!).
Well the truth is, I get more work than I can handle through word of mouth. I do intend to get it back up, but I am in no hurry as I fear getting more than I can currently handle.
Another reason is that I am slowly easing myself out of magic. This does not mean the end of Alchemy Moon and all of the current catalogue will still be available, at least until I run out or get fed up.
I am getting a little bored with 'magic tricks'. As you guys know, Kadar has no trickery involved in it at all, as such, it is so much more powerful as a performance piece. So my head is moving in that direction. This excites me more at the moment. Working on the books for the Kadar cards has really opened my head to some new ideas. My next project is to explain my magic(k) system, western mysticism that you can carry in your pocket! As you guys know, once you are bitten by the magic bug, it is difficult to stop the itch. But frankly, I think I have more than enough magic tricks to keep me going for the rest of my life - I am guessing the same applies to you too! So, I will still be here and the odd new piece of magic will come out now and then (still got too much in development hell), but I am really excited about taking up a new direction. For me, magic is real and I get increasingly uneasy with performing in a context of deception, especially as it is not necessary. Can you perform real magick on stage or in an informal setting? Kadar proves that you can, and this where I am going, I hope some of you follow me on this journey.
Also, someone you all know and love on this forum is starting a new direction too, and I will be fully involved with this as it gives me an opportunity to focus more on the artistic side of what I do (I am by training a Fine-Artist). So lots of exciting things in the pipeline.
So how the Dickens do you order from Alchemy Moon?
Well if you do not know...
...you can contact Chris here via PM and pray the Kadri are with you...
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Mar 15, 2014 01:57PM)
Lol mysterian speaks
This is a fantastic reading system for both beginners and pros. What I really like about this is that it is presented as a game
initially, which is great to get sitters hooked who normally wouldn't ask for a reading. The more experienced reader can take it
to levels deeper than the ocean and use the system as a springboard for other techniques. You obtain wonderful results with this, regardless
of your discipline (reader/mentalist/magician) and even your experience level. Thank you Chris for this awesome system !

Best,
Michael
Kadar - A Newbie Reader Review

"It'll take the cuss out of it." This is was what grandma used to say. A little Okie/Ozark saying to pair with superstition or apprehension. "Throw some salt over your shoulder, it'll take the cuss out of it." or "Don't worry, just spit on the ground if you see that *** cat again, it'll take the cuss out of it."

I've really wanted to dip a toe into readings and divination style presentation. I started to research methods and cards. Many of them I found intimidating. Some were remarkably shallow. I wanted to find something with a strong storytelling theme, a little whimsy (some light to pair with the shadow), room for effect and character-specific routining, and something that did not require intimate knowledge of some Egyptian papyrus to really 'get it'. I thought perhaps it was too much to ask from a divination deck. I looked at dozens and tried out several.

I found two: Old Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards (Whitman Publishing Co. 1940) and Kadar (Alchemy Moon).

Half the stuff that I get in the mail these days creeps my wife out. One night I laid the Kadri on the table, fished a shiny brass pendulum from a pouch, and starting reading through the little instruction book. It looks like a midway prize or some kooky 'zine. She stopped and said "Oh, that looks fun. What is it?" "It's kind of a game. Wanna play?"

It's not tarot. It's not m*rked. It's not intimidating.

What it is, is a carnival-themed gateway to a much deeper world of reading and interaction with your spectators or sitters. It's very approachable, from either side of the table, as it were. It also comes with something that the Old Gypsy deck does not (unless you are especially skilled at seance) a forum full of imaginative and genuinely helpful owners and practitioners, lead by the very person who created these unique kards in the first place.

That's it. This has been one of my favorite stops since I embarked on my new magic tour. I feel like I have something here that I can really make my own, yet it's backed by waves of gracious support, ideas and other individual experiences. I've only just jumped in, yet I can sense the depth of this system and it's like the Mariana Trench. For my part, I can't wait to find opportunities to integrate this system into my performances, or even as something to do 'front of house' for a few select audience members before the show. I think it's a marvelous way to swing the spotlight and give your audience/spec/sitter an opportunity to be fully invested in the story.

My review? Try Kadar, it'll take the cuss out of it.

Regards,
ER Perkins
:LIKE:
Just got my Kadar case for the regular sized Kadar cards. It is an exquisite piece of artistic beauty! I highly recommend picking one of these up to carry your Kadar cards in!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Mar 28, 2014 08:25PM)
Thanks for the excellent review Mr Perkins.
It is a great feeling to know that there so many happy Kadar practitioners out there now.
One thing made me chuckle, I remember when I first brought the Cuss Cards out. I was pulled up for my poor spelling. My grandmother also used the word (frequently, often as an alternative for what she really wanted to say). So it is good to put the record straight on this. ;-)

Glad you like the case David. As I did not make it (it is another wonderful Moonskin item) I can join you in your sentiments. I really do not think that you can have a better case to carry your Kadar cards in, or any other regular cards for that matter.
I think people are going to go a little wild when they see the pictures of these.
I must point out though, that they are not on sale openly until the Kickstarter orders go out. David has one as he is on my playtester team and has helped my a very great deal on proofing and kicking ideas around.
Talking of which, we are getting very near to the Kickstarter orders going out.
USPCC have all the files, and have approved them for print(after an age of having to jig them around - big thanks to Costas for sorting out the horrors of this!). So we are waiting for a sample for approval, which should come in soon. Then we are almost ready to ship out all the orders.
Glad Costas is doing this too, as there are probably more of these going out than the combined shipping of all of my other products since the very first Alchemy Moon order. I think we are going to be really busy...

Three of the five Kadar cards books are written.
The first one will be a book for the 'general public' - the aim being for it to mimic the kind of book that you get in a regular deck of tarot cards. So the basic meanings of the cards and a simple routine. Performable and a great introduction to the cards. However, the main reason for the existence of this book is so that working performers can sell them on with the dacks as pitch books (the pdf will be a free download to all Kadar Klub members), so you can make your money back - pretty quickly too considering the price of the decks!
Following this will be the two introductory books. Although 'introduction' is not quite the word to use, as these books go into some real depth (as David will be able to tell you!). If you paid for these via Kickstarter, we will honour this. But after that they will have to sell for a little more than six quid, considering the amount of work and the depth of the thinking in them.
The two books are for the two paths that you can take with the cards.
The first path is the 'Psychics Path' which will teach how to use the cards as a genuine reading tool, i.e. with no trickery. Or at least no *obvious* trickery, those with a training in the deceptive art will be more than able to read between the lines ;-) This will go into the techniques of cold reading and how the cards can be used as a psychological tool for setting up an empathetic bond with a client and using this to develop genuine intuition in a reading. Along with a lot of other vital information, such as the ethics of reading and how to avoid the many pitfalls inherent in such work. This path will be of little use to the traditional magician, but to the more open minded - such as the good people here, it will have real value. Infact, this book will broaden the perspective of the working magician and potentially be of more use than the Magicians Path.
Talking of which... The second Path is intended for Magicians, and people who like to use a little deception to help them along. I have found that many magicians have cold feet over cold reading. I think this is why the original Kadar has been so successful, as it 'works' and many have found it a really useful introduction to the art of reading. The Kadar poker cards go one step further into the murky world of magical deception. However in using them this way, the magician will be 100% sure of exactly what the sitter is thinking.
In a way this is a lifes work for me, and you can probable tell I am quietly jumping up and down with excitement at getting this out to you. I think you will like.

Soon...soon!
Great news, I can't wait for mine to arrive, well done to all concerned.
Yes, Chris is referring to the Kadar Kard Case which was released to accompany his Kickstarter project of a whole deck of Kadar cards...While my post is referring to the case I just received for the original 5-card Kadar set, I did also receive the case for the Kadar deck (sans deck). It, too, is an exquisite work of beauty. If you ordered the cards and not the custom leather case, do yourself the favor and get into the queue!
Like David, as a playtester I was also able to obtain one of the Kadar Kases, also without the cards (can't wait for those, we are getting closer!) I have to say this is a beautiful leather card case, with embossed lettering, a nice pic of Kadar himself, and a nifty little notebook on the back (removable). For those of you who have other Moonskin/AM leather products, you can already guess how spectacular the production value is - but no pics yet, though - have to leave some mystery, right?
Mid April & eager to hear any update on Kadar cards & coins, & hoping to maybe get peek at the jokers :-)
A new update was released today to backers of the Kickstarter project.
[quote]On Apr 15, 2014, David Eichler wrote:
A new update was released today to backers of the Kickstarter project. [/quote]

Really? I didn't get one...any link available?
[quote]On Apr 18, 2014, Balaram wrote:
[quote]On Apr 15, 2014, David Eichler wrote:
A new update was released today to backers of the Kickstarter project. [/quote]

Really? I didn't get one...any link available? [/quote]
kickstarter page.
Latest Kickstarter update says that USPCC has finally approved the artwork for the Kadar Kards, so they are one step closer!
Yep, got the KS update & looks to be back on track, hopefully may see product by end of May :-)

& LOVE the good / back jokers !!
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction, but first ...

A few months back I took my first steps at wanting to give readings/cold read. I figured the Zoltar Card would be an easy way to start. I contacted Chris who went above & beyond in first, finding me a Zoltar card, and then instructing me on cold reading. All top-notch advice. But I got caught up in the holidays & a slew of marketing & slacked off from using Zoltar. (I ended up booking 15 mentalism shows for the whole county!)

Now I've seen this post & I am pumped up again!
But I can't seem to find a site that shows what is available. I also need the prices.

Right now, I am at work & although I have an Alchemy Moon Forum password, I can't remember what it is right now. (I have it written down at home.)

So I'm hoping someone here can help direct me to what I can buy in regards to all this Kadar stuff!

Please post info (while I'm pumped & have some money)!!!

Mark
Chris removed everything from the store page as it was messed up & incorrect. Contact Chris thru here or email him on Alchemy Moon for pricing & whats available on Kadar.

Love mine !!
Thanks, Merlinsmagic!
The look and vibe of this has a potential beyond what is merely being written about on these pages. Those who have created it have also created a great momentum with Kadar, to take this energy to new unlimited places and situations for a long time to come. The future really is being foretold in more ways than one here. May all the best, and even better ideas keep springing forth.

John
A more fluent communication on the deck of cards would be nice, last update was 4/29
Yep, would be nice to know what's hoping on.
I am anxious to see what the back of the coin will look like.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (May 10, 2014 05:50AM)
Hi Folks, I have been posting regular updates, just not here ;-)
I does seem like an age, but we are getting there. First we had to do all of the Kickstarter stuff to get the cash in, then the nightmare of getting the files accepted by USPCC, who seemed to make up a new 'rule' every time we sent them off. Anyway, the good news is that the files have been finally accepted and the proofs are back with us. They look *really* nice. These cards are really going to be something when we get them back. So, everything else is all done, the books are printed, the two bigger books (for the Magicians and Readers Path) are all ready to go, the absolutely gorgeous Moonskin cases are here on my shelf (I stroke them every night before going to bed). The coin design is done and with the coin guys, t-shirt designs badges and all that other stuff are done. The files are with USPCC and basically, all we are waiting for now is for them to print them. So, fingers crossed, not to long now.
You know where to go for the latest updates.....

As to availability of the other Kadar lines. You need to go to the AM forum for that too. My website is still not up, but I am working at capacity with just word of mouth, so I am still in no rush to get the site up. If you want anything, just let me know. I may seem a little quiet, but I am involved more in the artwork side of things at the moment, as well as spending some serious time just bumming around. But I am still here... somewhere.
Thanks for the update Chris, really looking forward to them arriving.
Yes, this one is still down as of posting. http://alchemy-moon.freeforums.net/thread/78/kadar-pro-lite
[quote]On May 10, 2014, John Nesbit wrote:
Yes, this one is still down as of posting. http://alchemy-moon.freeforums.net/thread/78/kadar-pro-lite [/quote]

Down? Working just fine as far as I can see.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (May 10, 2014 07:20PM)
Yup, it's working fine, the secret door to getting your goods!
[quote]On May 10, 2014, MatCult wrote:
[quote]On May 10, 2014, John Nesbit wrote:
Yes, this one is still down as of posting. http://alchemy-moon.freeforums.net/thread/78/kadar-pro-lite [/quote]

Down? Working just fine as far as I can see. [/quote]

Me too!
Thank you Christopher, where have you been posting regular updates? I only saw the one in Kickstarter
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (May 10, 2014 07:46PM)
See the link John put up! ;-)
When we have something definite, I will put it up here.
Those Kadar Pro cards look enticing. I'll probably have to wait till I get the kickstarter version in the mail first. Curious to what overlap the two systems have.
I had to use a proxy server to hide my IP address and get back on the site. http://1.hidemyass.com/ But I am able to view it now again. Still not sure why though.
P.S. The cards and the system alone, are what really make this so compelling. Very enchanting as well as practical. (The leather cases and the box are wonderful too.)
This is all that I get when I try to visit the free forums page of Alchemy-Moon. Suddenly without provocation or awareness even from the admin. (website's owner). It has been addressed without resolution or correction. (The proxy server bypass no longer works either as I am being demanded to pay a fee to visit the page now {HotSpotShield}). No support.

Error 1007 Ray ID: 129a42a05d3c0785
Access denied
What happened?
The owner of this website (alchemy-moon.freeforums.net) has banned your IP address (23.27.220.166).
CloudFlare Ray ID: 129a42a05d3c0785
Your IP: 23.27.220.166
John, it sounds like the proxy server you are using has somehow created a conflict with getting to see the AM site. I have never known Chris to keep anyone from visiting any of the AM sites. Consider sending him a PM here to see if he can help sort it out.
I visit Chris's site all the time & never have a prob. My Mac laptop runs 10.4 OS & I do have loading probs & re directs, but that is my laptops fault. My smart phone has an up to date OS so I never have a prob getting on & signing in to AM site & cruzing around in it.
We did speak several times in a pm about this, not hearing anything in response from him (Christopher) today. After rebooting my pc again just now the page is available without any bypasses or restrictions, Very odd. Or he was able to tweak it from his end ? We'll see if it lasts. I am still uncertain of the cause. Thanks for the suggestions.
(P.S It seems to be ok. I am now registered now there as well. It may very well have been my server ?)
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (May 13, 2014 05:52AM)
Yup, seemed like some conflict on John's PC, never really had a hitch with the forum and I have never banned anyone, not even myself this time!
I am now a member of the official Kardi clandestine organization.
My goal is to be a proud member of it!

The cards & leather case are top-notch. (I like the case more than the cards!)

Currently reading the User's Manual while simaltaneously reading a book by Enrique Enriguez, Richard Osterlind, a novel by John Langan & working on a ghost show for a hotel. I need TO FOCUS!
Just not enough time in the day.

Soon to be lying on the floor, rocking in the fetal position!

The Kadar Pro set is a great investment for Christopher's amazing craftwork & ideas!
It was always a question of servers and not the site itself that concerned me. I was very unfamiliar with such a scenario, and wanted to learn more about Alchemy-Moon and Kadar. I am pleased that it has resolved itself. Thank you Christopher.
John,

You will find that Chris has some first-rate artifacts available on his site. The thinking that goes into his effects - and the craftsmanship that goes into bringing them to life - is truly outstanding. That, and he is an incredibly nice chap, to boot. The AM site is great to post questions to others who are using his wares, as is (of course) The Café.

David
All true David. Chris is one of the best.
I will 3rd that. Chris is super awesome !! & great to deal with. His products are highly detailed, you can see & feel the effort Chris puts into each of his creations. I recently procurded Kadar elite, a card case & the large cards & they are love them !

Looking forward to these poker cards & coin, also wondering what the back of the coin ended up with......
[quote]On May 13, 2014, David Eichler wrote:
John,

You will find that Chris has some first-rate artifacts available on his site. The thinking that goes into his effects - and the craftsmanship that goes into bringing them to life - is truly outstanding. That, and he is an incredibly nice chap, to boot. The AM site is great to post questions to others who are using his wares, as is (of course) The Café.

David [/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly. Chris and I have known each other for quite some time. The whole Alchemy-Moon/Kadar was new to me, I like what I saw very much and also to try out the product. Looking forward to this as I have been a reader for many years. Thank you.
John
Wanted to bump this thread back up again as I await arrival of Kadar Pro and Zoltar's Stars, to add to an already mystical and authentic readings setting that I have been growing for many years now.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (May 23, 2014 05:22PM)
Zoltar stars, kader pro, zoltar speaks, all of them are wonderful. out of the oricals and reading systems I have, those play the biggest and best when it comes to giving positive fun interactive readings that will be remembered. the kader pro set is by far the best system I have worked with as it adds so many directions to travel as well as gives the sitter a motivation to succeed by using the truth or dare option. readings can be long and drawn out for a full reading or just a quick q&a break out.
I am so trying to be a patient kickstarter supporter. I know these things take some time. But dang it .. I can't wait! I want this now. :)

One good thing, this thing is already paid for, so when it gets here it will feel like it was free. I assume we are waiting for the entire package to be available before we get any of it. I am waiting on the two books, a moonskin case, the cards (of course), and the coin. I am sure many of you are waiting for a lot more.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (May 24, 2014 08:33PM)
Just a quick update on the Kadar Kickstarter for those of you who are missing the updates elsewhere.
I doubt that there is anyone more impatient than I am to get a deck in their hands! I must admit that my own impatience is turning to frustration, so I share your feelings here. As far as we are concerned everything is in place. The designs are all done and finalized, the books are written and at the printers. The coins, tee-shirts and what have you are all designed. At the moment, we are still waiting for USPCC to get back to us with a date for printing and delivering. Believe me, if these were being printed by my usual printer, they would be with us ages ago.
I am phoning Costas on a weekly basis, and Costas is phoning USPCC just as frequently.
The very day we get solid news, I will post it on the Moon, and Costas will send out a message with a firm date to all the backers.
We were talking to a couple more successful Kickstarters, and this wait seems to be the norm alas.

Anyway, the project is solid and the cards will appear, I guess USPCC have to wade through all those other print jobs of black decks with skulls on first!

While I am here, thanks for all the kind comments. The Kadar pros are now selling quicker than I can make them. I have been totally cleaned out of stock three times in the past month. If you do not own a set (and how did *that* happen), there is a bit of a waiting list growing now. As I do not like to take cash off people until I can actually ship the stuff out (which is an aspect of Kickstarter that makes me very uneasy), it is a good idea to contact me before ordering. I can give you a place in the queue and contact you when new stock is in. Alternatively, you can buy a tarot deck or something and give me a week off! Or a better idea is to buy Mat's Zoltar's Stars, your Kadar experience is incomplete without this!
[quote]On May 24, 2014, Christopher Gould wrote:
I guess USPCC have to wade through all those other print jobs of black decks with skulls on first!
[/quote]
Hater! What else can I use to do my Sybil double twist half gainer cut so I can be cooler than all the other kids on the school yard?

Thanks for the update. I thought I was getting them .. I went to the forums and didn't see anything.
Chris, your reputation here is rock solid. I think the frustration stems from us seeing so much average magic so readily available, verses something of such high quality that we can't get our hands on soon enough. So, please forgive the venting and know that we are like anxious children, huddled under the Christmas tree...tapping our fingers on the floor...waiting. It's not that Santa isn't doing his job, it's just that Christmas can never come too soon.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (May 25, 2014 05:12AM)
Don't worry, I understand perfectly and share the frustration.
Just got 2 updates ! I love the 2 sided coin proof pic of what will be on both sides, glad I ordered 2 coins :-)

& nice to finally hear that the USPCC has finally approved & will be printing cards !
Hopefully if all goes well mid June may be the magic month we get our orders - Woo Hoo ! :-)
Yes, just got the same update message, let's hope there are no more problems with USPCC this time.
Once they approve something they're off to print, as long as they don't run out of card stock....lol
Kadar arrived today and the pouch is so beautiful as well as the cards, booklet and certificates. A wonderful presentation package for any situation, place or person.
Thank you also Chris for the ultra speedy delivery time.
Cheers
John
It must have been a Kadar delivery day in the US! Mine came as well, today! SUPER fast shipping from Chris and such a top notch product.

I've more eloquently sent my sentiments to Chris privately - but this work of art deserves the highest accolades!
I must echo the same sentiments as the rest of this thread. I'm ecstatic that Kadar has hung around, and that it was not a limited run that was made two years ago and untouchable for less than 18 times the original price.

My Pro Set arrived just last week, and I am overjoyed with the confidence it is giving me with reading. While enjoying the stunning Spring weather yesterday, I approached and read for my first complete stranger. The results were purely inspiring and enough to fill me with my own sense of pure unstoppability!

Now it's arts and crafts time, as I ponder what kind of box to seek out and how to go about staining, labeling, and aging.

Farewell, free time!!! :-)
How/Where do you order this?
[quote]On Jun 4, 2014, Poveglia wrote:
How/Where do you order this? [/quote]
You must stand at the crossroads after midnight my friend.

(Or you can click on the link below)
http://alchemy-moon.freeforums.net/thread/78/kadar-pro-lite
After all the comments here on Kadar Pro, even though I have never been a "reading sort of guy", and never had confidence (or time to spend in study),....I just hit the Paypal button!
Thought I was done with further unplanned purchases this year, but alas everything I have read makes this a deeelicious treat....can't wait to learn and begin readings with this! :bigdance:
[quote]On Jun 4, 2014, Doc Ben wrote:
After all the comments here on Kadar Pro, even though I have never been a "reading sort of guy", and never had confidence (or time to spend in study),....I just hit the Paypal button!
Thought I was done with further unplanned purchases this year, but alas everything I have read makes this a deeelicious treat....can't wait to learn and begin readings with this! :bigdance: [/quote]

You are in for a very special treat!

The Kadri welcome you...
What Anthony said.

Kadar is something VERY special indeed - equal parts Carl Jung, Swami Abhayananda and Mother Shipton, all wrapped in a beautiful vintage package.
Thanks for all the kind comments guys. I must say, I read this thread with some sense of achievement, there are a *lot* of comments here, all of them positive and all of them genuine and unsolicited.
Kadar has become something of a phenomenon, not only here, but also with the genuine readers. All of this has kept me pretty busy and pretty quiet! I have lost count of how many times I have sold out of stock in the last two months. Anyway, to all of you that I have said, 'sorry sold out', I do have new stock in, enough for 20 sets, so that should last a few days at least. My aim was to retire Kadar Pro and Kadar Elite when the new Kadar Cards are out. Difficult decision to make now...
If you want a set, they are almost ready to go - my aim is to get them out within the week (often two days) of the order being placed, something I have managed to do so far.

Doc Ben, here is a story. I am not really a 'Reading sort of guy' either, or rather I wasn't once. Take me back a few years (when I assumed I was a 'mind reader'!) and I would have told you just how despicable I thought the whole corrupt business was. Zoltar (the predecessor of Kadar) was intended as a pocket trick. The magician 'pretended' to be a mind-reader with psychic powers, whilst niftily switching a billet. Then something strange happened. I stopped using the billet switch altogether, and reports back indicated that no one else was using it either. Somehow, and rather accidentally, I had stumbled on a very simple, but effective reading tool. So, this has been a bit of a journey for me too. So, here I am now, I rarely perform and magic at all! There is a good reason for this, I have come to s very simple conclusion, one that many of you already know, a reading will be far better received than a magic trick, no matter how good that trick (sorry 'effect') is. This is because you are connecting directly with the person you are performing to and on a level that is of most interest to him/her. It is also a great way of reprogramming your 'magician's guilt'. Often, in magic, it is pretty cut and dried, the trick works or it does not. Sure, we have escape plans, but end of the day; success or failure. With reading you just cannot go wrong, there is no failure, no more than there is failure in having a conversation with someone and showing interest in them. My 'magician's, guilt now lies not with 'getting it wrong' but with the whole premise of why am I attempting to deceive this person in the first place. A dangerous territory for a magician to find himself in!
But there are many routes out from traditional magic into something more fulfilling and genuinely magical.

I have a sneaky belief that fellow Kadar practitioners also realise this and are enjoying the adventure into these strange worlds.
Brilliant manifesto I dare say. A call to arms to drop "tricks."

Wow. Success or failure....Kinda puts things into perspective doesn't it? The trick is either gonna work or I'll screw it up. Either way. What is the person I'm performing for left with?

And you sit and wonder why people like Pete Turner and Mr. Gould are making this idea successful in the real world? Creating experiences. Being the story. ..

This is inspiring a whole buffet of philosophical thought over here!
I have purchased many fine effects/props from a variety of makers that are members here on the Café. Probably a total of 20-25 "elite" items. I have also sold a lot of those items for reasons irrelevent to this post.

One thing for certain: of the few that remain, KADAR elite is a piece that will go in my coffin with me, or if I'm burned at the stake, will go up in flames with me!

If you are (or have been) thinking about this item, think no more. Go directly to the nearest paypal button and push it. . .very hard!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Thank you, Chris,
Jorey
Jorey, don't hold back...let us really know how you feel about Kadar ? :-)
So I should get it is that what I'm hearing? Are they any good? Ha! I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet. Big size or small?
[quote]On Jun 9, 2014, Godzilla wrote:
Jorey, don't hold back...let us really know how you feel about Kadar ? :-) [/quote]

Too much?
[quote]On Jun 9, 2014, Darkness wrote:
So I should get it is that what I'm hearing? Are they any good? Ha! I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet. Big size or small? [/quote]

I'm pretty sure there's only one size, and it fits all :lol:
[quote]On Jun 10, 2014, afinemesh wrote:
[quote]On Jun 9, 2014, Darkness wrote:
So I should get it is that what I'm hearing? Are they any good? Ha! I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet. Big size or small? [/quote]

I'm pretty sure there's only one size, and it fits all :lol: [/quote]

Kadar Pro comes in regular and Big... If you are one on one then regular is perfect...
Thanks Tim I was holding off to get the bigger ones but they are considerably more. I most likely only need the smaller ones anyways.
Sorry guys, thought you were talking about elite! :)
No worries brother thanks for being here.
Last night I had my first real round of readings using Kadar and it was simply astounding.

I brought my Kadar Pro set along to a night of poolside merrymaking and costumed tom foolery, thinking maybe I'd try a reading or two. I have never done proper readings before and this seemed like the perfect opportunity and atmosphere to try it out (champagne cocktails, caftans, a candle-lit pool cabana).

I did NINE readings. Four straight hours of entertaining and insightful readings and they kept lining up.

Everyone 'got the card they needed'. People were blown away and it was the talk of the party. I had two offers to provide readings at other gatherings and this was the first time I ever set it up on a table and pulled up a chair.

The system works. The Book of Fate will guide you along. The clack of the wooden cards on the table make for an enchanting, tactile experience (people LOVE the cards). A pendulum will add some giddy mystery. Your skills at performance and interaction will break the ice and get them talking. Kadar will do the rest. It *is* relentlessly positive and as everyone says "It just works".

It's true, I've never read the tarot to anyone before, so I can't compare it to that. However, I've been performing theater and music professionally for over 17 years and I have never experienced anything like this. It's intimate and powerful and full of delight. It's about them, not you. In the end though, you and the Kadri will get all the credit.
I'm sorry if I'm a bit late on this thread and maybe it is answered somewhere but I wasn't able to find it.
Are the Kadar cards market?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (May 26, 2015 02:31AM)
All things Kadar are here sir.
http://www.alchemymoon.com/#!kadar/c169e
any questions, you can contact me direct (email in sig)
cheers
Chis
Be certain to choose the correct path, as well. There is much more to be found at the link Mr. Gould shared than simply the cards. Do not underestimate the power of the correct path.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (May 26, 2015 10:58AM)
Its always fun to see all the kadar pieces side by side like that.
[quote]On Jun 6, 2014, Christopher Gould wrote:
I have come to s very simple conclusion, one that many of you already know, a reading will be far better received than a magic trick, no matter how good that trick (sorry 'effect') is. This is because you are connecting directly with the person you are performing to and on a level that is of most interest to him/her. It is also a great way of reprogramming your 'magician's guilt'. Often, in magic, it is pretty cut and dried, the trick works or it does not. Sure, we have escape plans, but end of the day; success or failure. With reading you just cannot go wrong, there is no failure, no more than there is failure in having a conversation with someone and showing interest in them. My 'magician's, guilt now lies not with 'getting it wrong' but with the whole premise of why am I attempting to deceive this person in the first place. A dangerous territory for a magician to find himself in!
[/quote]

Nearly a year later & I felt Mr Gould's comments needed to be repeated. This is beautiful thinking.

I might not own any of Mr Gould's creations, but I love what the man has to say about the art of bizarre.
Greetings, I'm really late on the whole K@RD@R system (been a lotta stuff going on personally), yet have to say this is definitely something I have been seeking for a l-o-n-g time (in terms of a powerful, uplifting and positive, dare I say "life-altering" experience for participants)! I'm quite excited about dropping my Tarot deck and zeroing in on K@RD@R. :)

That said, the K@RD@R ELITE version is quite an investment for me at this time, so I have a couple "purchasing" questions (not that I have the money for it right now, lol). The AM web site is thorough and informative, yet as a newbie to the K@RD@R system I got a little confused with all the various options and bells and whistles... So, my questions are as follows:

1. I understand that the ELITE version come with "TICK3T5 OF D35TINY", I'm just wondering (hoping), if the M00N5KIN P*** WALLET/Leather Case (from the individual "TICK3T5 OF D35TINY" effect) is included in the ELITE version as well, or is it just the 25 "Fortune Tickets" all by themselves (no wallet)?

2. What PDF files does the K@RD@R ELITE version come with? Those that are familiar with K@RD@R know that there are many components and paths to the system, which is the beautiful thing as others have mentioned. Yet, with all the extras and add-ons that can be applied, used or given to sitters as keepsakes and mementos could someone kindly please tell me what PDFs come wit the ELITE version? ... What exactly is it that I can "print out" myself to giveaway, I'm not clear on what the PDFs contain?

3. What is the "Z0LT@R POCKET READING CARD"? Can someone explain what this is please? :)

----------------------->

Totally separate question about the K@RD@R K@RDS:

1. Will I have to buy a completely new full priced deck once the original cards have become withered and worn-out? Or is there a PDF file included that allows me to print my own deck (like the "Machine Oracle" by Leaping Lizards)?

2. What PDF files come with the K@RD@R K@RDS PRO, what do the files contain?

3. Are the "Readers Path" and "Magicians Path" Manuals exclusively for the K@RDS or are/can they be used in conjunction with the Original K@RD@R "Cabinets", etc.

Thank you in advance, to anyone and everyone who tackles my questions... I really, really appreciate it.

I'm basically looking for one all-comprehensive FULL system that I can take in many different directions (heavy or light), adding-in and taking-out as I see fit and deem necessary. So in the opinions of the owner's of the K@RD@R products will the K@RD@R ELITE version and the K@RD@R CARDS PRO
Sorry got cut off, the last line should read:

So in the opinions of the owner's of the K@RD@R products, will the K@RD@R ELITE version and the K@RD@R CARDS PRO meet my above requirements (all-comprehensive FULL system that I can take in many different directions (heavy or light), adding-in and taking-out as I see fit and deem necessary)?

Thanks
The Krossbearer,

I was an early adopter of the Kadar Elite set. At that time, the Moonskin wallet that now comes when one purchases the Tickets of Destiny package was not yet made. In looking at the AM website, I am fairly certain the wallet does NOT comes with the Elite set. But, you know, everything is hand made (by either Mr. Gould or Moonskin) and I am certain Mr. Gould can quote you a price to include the wallet. I can tell you that the wallet is very, very devious. And, like all of Moonskin's creations, it is top shelf. You'll need to check with Mr. Gould and see if any of the Zoltar cards remain. They were originally borne as a pocket laminated reading system in a card. However, I find the Kadar cards to be so much (so, so, so much!) more than Zoltar was. The .pdf that comes with the Elite set is enough to get you fully going and using Kadar with a short amount of study. He does have the additional treatises (and I do not use that word lightly) for the individual who wants to delve much deeper into the background behind Kadar. If you have seen his Hedge Tarote, then you are familiar with the text that comes with that - these treatises (which were written for the Kadar Cards, which came a fair time after the original Kadar set...and I personally prefer the Kadar over the Kadar Cards...although there are times when one may find using the Kadar cards over the Kadar set to be desirable) have wonderful application to giving readings, in general, no matter what your type of oracle. I have both of the big tomes that he sells and have found them to be quite useful, both for consideration as a magician as well as a reader. If you can scrounge up the funds, I do not think you will be disappointed. Regarding the actual decks of cards, once they become worn they will be...worn. My favorite tarot deck is over 35 years old and looks it. I suspect there are folks out there who are taking the Kadar cards and purposely aging them to make them look older than they are. To my knowledge, Mr. Gould has not released any .pdf of the cards - these are printed by USPCC, so they handle just like Bicycle cards.

Regarding whether you should buy the Kadar Elite or Pro package, I would suggest starting with the Pro package first. Again, that was not available for us early adopters of the Kadar Elites. Once the Pro package came out, I purchased one of the leather Pro holders and that is my go-to Kadar house (if you will). I suspect if you wanted to purchase other items from Mr. Gould over time, he'd entertain such a question. I have found him to be a very accommodating individual who provides outstanding (and I mean that in its totality) customer service to all of the individuals who purchase his wares.

Personally, I'd start with Kadar Pro. If you could swing it, add in the Kadar Cards and the Reader's Path tome, as they will provide a very different - but equally hard-hitting - way to use the Kadar-themed wares in your readings. Is it heavy hitting? Most definitely. Then, I'd add in the Tickets of Destiny, with the Moonskin case. But, in my opinion, Kadar is the grandfather of it all and has enormous versatility.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

All the best,

David
The Kadar Elite is not available anymore - or am I looking in a wrong place? There are Kadar Tickets Pro and Lite available but I would love to get my hands on the aged Elite.
Excuse my ignorance - I have found all Kadar under http://www.alchemymoon.com/#!kadar/c169e - trying to decide on what to get now.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (May 27, 2015 06:36PM)
Sorry I have not been around much, as I have been really busy with some large private commissions and a couple of rather interesting projects that I will be talking about real soon. And yes, slap my wrists - I will get that video up on the correct way to wrap up the Cuss Cards pro (I am just too shy!)

Anyway, to answer the questions about Kadar.

First off, someone contacted me to say that he had heard that Kadar Elite is no longer available - not true! It still is and can be got from the AM site - here is the direct link.
http://www.alchemymoon.com/#!kadar-elite/c1xib

I also wanted to point out that the cards that come with the Elite set are the same as those that come with the pro set. Both sets are mounted on wood and aged in the same way.

The Elite set contains a lot more stuff, from the original Zoltar card (While I still have stock), the book of 'raffle tickets' (tick sheets to hand out to your clients), Kadar Truth or Dare, and The Kadar Tickets of Destiny, dice pendulum, Moonskin Case and the rather funky box.

The Tickets of Fate included with the Elite set are just the tickets and book, not the case as well. I do not have big profit margins and have to price things so that I do not actually turn up a loss. With my fragile business acumen, this is always a possibility.
However, I will put a case in for you guys here - just remind me (a simple 'give me a case') will do, and I will drop one in.

Both the Kadar Pro and Elite come with a printed manual that can be used as a simple introduction to the system - indeed, you can get the cards and manual out of the box and start your first reading from it immediately. Both editions also come with the full manual in pdf form - this is comprehensive and will tell you all you need to know. On top of this, the Kadar community has always been very active and there are tons of additional ideas up there on the Kadar forum.

The Kadar Pro and Elite are the 'core' Kadar system. The Kadar Tickets of Fate are a really nice way of taking it further and gifting the sitter with the reading she has chosen (The Tickets come with the graphic files for the cards, so you can print out as many as you need). The tickets work fine as a stand alone - but if you know the core system, you can use the tickets as a mini version of the Karar Cards. So I would go for the Pro or ELite first.
Kadar 'Truth and Dare' is also stand alone, but I would not really recommend it if you do not know the core system. It is however a wonderful way to transform someone's life for the better, in little steps.

I will not go into detail on all of these, as all of the info is up there on the website.

As for the Kadar Cards.
Well, what a difficult thing all that was!
On one hand it is something of a crowning achievement and a years worth of work - on the other hand, those who know me will attest to the difficulties that I experienced in this project. I cannot say too much on this, as I still may be taking legal action to secure my intellectual property. However, the upshot is, I have had this project 'taken from me' and have a few sets of the Kadar poker cards left - when they are gone - I am done with it.

However, there are two rather large books that accompany the Kadar Cards. One for using the cards 'pure without resorting to deception - 'the Readers Path' - the second giving in depth information for the magician. Are these useful for the Kadar core system? Well, yes and no. Yes, as they contain a lot of useful information on techniques of cold reading and go in some real depth. Also, a correct understanding of the Magician's path give the potential to revolutionise your card magic by giving it meaning and direct, personal relevance to your audience. This would be just as relevant with an ordinary deck of cards, as it would the Kadar Cards. I will be honest with you, as pretty as the Kadar Poker Cards are, I still prefer reading with ordinary poker cards as they have more of an aire of authenticity. This is not to say that I do not recommend getting the Kadar cards, just for the aesthetics. After this print run, no more will be printed (if they are, this is when I will take legal action). I do intend to work on a V2 of the cards, but this is when time permits. So it be a minor collectors item at some point.

Another point to make is that the Kadar core system is really self-contained. Its beauty is in its simplicity, depth of reading arises organically from this. Experience teaches better than any book I (or anyone else) could write.

In conclusion - if you are looking at starting out reading with Kadar - I would recommend the Core Kadar System first. Either the elite Version or the Pro version (both contain the same information). Then certainly add the Tickets of Destiny, as you can really take the readings further with these and the Moonskin peek case is really something of an overlooked gem. I am sure that if I sold these separately, they would go out by the truck load - but that would not be very 'Alchemy Moon'!

Grab a deck of the cards for collectors value. But the Magians path and Readers path have uses beyond that particular deck.

Hope that is everything!

If not, do not hesitate to contact me via email - as I say, I am horribly busy at the moment, so I do not get time to visit here as often as I perhaps should, but I always answer emails promptly.

cheers
Chris
Hi,

Looking for Kadar pricing, but links only take me to one.com and not the website.
Does Alchemymoon.com no longer exist ?

Thanks.
The Alchemy Moon will return to orbit on Oct. 31st. Until then, just email Chris directly: alchemymoon@outlook.com
Thank you Perkins, much appreciated !

Bobby.
Chris is an artist through and through, and his perfectionism leads to this seemingly seasonal killing and resurrection of his website. It's awesome really, and the resulting site is worth the wait, and keeps the experience fresh. Like the real moon, Alchemy Moon regularly hides and returns, brighter than before.
[quote]On Sep 28, 2015, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Chris is an artist through and through, and his perfectionism leads to this seemingly seasonal killing and resurrection of his website. It's awesome really, and the resulting site is worth the wait, and keeps the experience fresh. Like the real moon, Alchemy Moon regularly hides and returns, brighter than before. [/quote]
Well said oz.
Does anyone know off-hand the cost of the Kadar Kings in Moonskin case ? I may be able to buy a secondhand set, but would like to know the original price please.

Thanks,

Bobby.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Sep 29, 2015 01:53PM)
Thanks you for the kind words gentlemen, they are better than gold.

Ah we have had a Blood Moon have we not?

And on the most beautiful clear night with the Moon full and lighting up the sky, I finally put the finishing touches to the Website.
Well, I could not arrange it so that the new moon rises on the 31st of October - but *our* moon does. THanks for stepping in for me there Mr Perkins, you are a gentleman.
I am hoping to get the good folk on our mailing list in there a few days earlier. But, not long to go now, so I had better have a bath and comb my hair.

I came here to answer your questions too Bobby.
The site is down and perhaps I am enjoying my time away from the post office a little bit too much!
I can still make up AM stuff for you - as can the other guys on the Moon.
Drop me a message - (email is in the sig) and I will sort you out. ;-)

Chris
Many thanks Chris.

Email sent.

Bobby.
[quote]On Sep 28, 2015, Perkins wrote:
The Alchemy Moon will return to orbit on Oct. 31st. Until then, just email Chris directly: alchemymoon@outlook.com [/quote]
Great, I thought it was just me.
Got mine today. Beautiful. Will Def use these.
I just ordered mine (Kadar Elite) about a week ago, and have about another week before it arrives. According to Chris, I might as well kiss daylight goodbye for a few years, as I will be fully immersed in the world of Kadar. Of course, I already knew I would be, as Kadar knows all and sees all, and informed me of my fate. I am looking forward to receiving this wonderful masterpiece!

I also bought the "special" Moonskin Wallet and have plans for the Kabinent as soon as finances allow.

Chris has been wonderful, a true gentleman and a pleasure to talk to. I plan a long, healthy involvement at The Moon thanks to this experience!
[quote]On Dec 11, 2015, Taveren001 wrote:
I just ordered mine (Kadar Elite) about a week ago, and have about another week before it arrives. According to Chris, I might as well kiss daylight goodbye for a few years, as I will be fully immersed in the world of Kadar. Of course, I already knew I would be, as Kadar knows all and sees all, and informed me of my fate. I am looking forward to receiving this wonderful masterpiece!

I also bought the "special" Moonskin Wallet and have plans for the Kabinent as soon as finances allow.

Chris has been wonderful, a true gentleman and a pleasure to talk to. I plan a long, healthy involvement at The Moon thanks to this experience! [/quote]

Congratulations! What a wonder-filled holiday gift for yourself...a true treat is in store for you as you get to spend some time taking in the genius of Mr. Gould.
I think it's worth noting that 3 years on from starting this thread I am still using Kadar and it has paid for itself several times over. Since getting the original set I also have the Kings set with beautiful moonskin case. I am ruthless about selling off magic I don't use, but this is a keeper.
I am and remain in awe of Mr. Gould and his arts!
I finally had enough holiday funds to go spring for a Kadar Pro set! I'll admit that I'm a bit late to this party, but I am so very excited about entering the world of Kadar. Mr. Gould is a real artist and Magus.
I just got mine today. Chris really did an awesome job packaging and wrapping my Elite set. I can say I am most impressed with the quality and the look / feel of the my set. I still haven't opened most of the packages, so I will get back to reviewing what parts go to what instructions and cards to cases. I might have to miss Christmas to look at all this wonderful stuff!
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Dec 17, 2015 12:33PM)
The beauty of Kadar is it grows as you grow. The more experience you have as a reader the more doors that open up to you with Kadar.
I learnt cold reading with kadar and I still found it both deep and easy to learn.
Got my Kadar early last week. After some time reading and familiarizing myself with the system, I finally play tested the piece with the significant other. I must say that this is really a remarkable tool. It's fun, beautiful, and whimsical- but most importantly IT WORKS.

I ordered a pro set which came with the cards in a nice red velvet pouch, as well as the little book of fate and various papers and certificates all wrapped in that fantastic leather Moonskin case. The size is bigger than I imagined, however I like it that way- it makes it even more of unique reading tool in my collection. As someone who is very passionate about various reading systems, this is definitely one of the most unique and easiest systems I've ever encountered.

I'll keep this short, because there are clearly so many wonderful things said about the Kadri already... I just wanted to put my two cents into the slot (wink wink) and share in praise and agreement for such a beautifully practical work of art!

Cheers,
Coop
Ok I just ordered a Kadar card set here in Australia, I'm really looking forward to there arrival. Is there anyone in Australia that stocks the add ons?
All of the Kadar products (and any Alchemy Moon products ) have to be purchased directly from Alchemy Moon. www.alchemymoon.com

You can contact Chris there (or pm him here on the Café) and he will take care of you.
[quote]On Jan 28, 2016, Bedford wrote:
All of the Kadar products (and any Alchemy Moon products ) have to be purchased directly from Alchemy Moon. www.alchemymoon.com
[/quote]

I got my Kadar second hand and Chris is SO kind he supports also second hand purchases. That doesn't mean you shouldn't buy from Alchemy directly. But if you can find good deal out there don't hesitate as long as it's no fake.
It has been a couple of years since Chris and I put out the Kadar Kabinet. I am interested in hearing about how it has worked out for those that bought it.

I have been using it as a walk around at Jeff McBride's Wounderground for since July and have had great responses from the sitters. I use it as an opener to invite them over to the Mystic Corner for further contemplation of their readings. Having the tickets inside the Kabinet makes it possible to touch everyone at the table quickly, peak their curiosity to have them come over and receive a more in depth reading.

Any stories from the front lines after trying Kadar's Kabinet?
I guess they are gathering dust. Well........I thought it was a good idea :hmm: :hmm:
I bet they are beautifully on display in someone's home. Maybe not exactly what you hoped for, but still, a good life.

s
Selling my Elite set for $100 cheaper than the website.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=683888&forum=76