(Close Window)
Topic: Houdini Museum and Houdini Grave and bust on National TV Nov. 7
The Houdini Museum, the only building in the world dedicated to Houdini is on TV Wednesday November 7 on the SYFY Channel.

Nov 7, 2012 10:30 pm Deals From The Darkside - Houdini Handcuffs
Nov 7, 2012 12:30 am Deals From The Darkside - Houdini Handcuffs

Let us know what you think.

See Dorothy Dietrich, Dick Brookz, Steve Santini, and the new bust at the grave and the eerie creature that comes to visit.

(Please note we can be considered the ONLY museum in the world dedicated to Houdini, by the dictionary definition...
a museum is "a building (or institution) that is open to the public" A private collection, or private club, or magic store is not, by definition, a museum no matter what they claim, no matter how grand the collection.)
This sounds fantastic!!!!
The American Museum of Magic in Marshall, Michigan, has a fairly large Houdini exhibit (including one of the original Houdini milk cans, signed letters by Houdini, etc.) and is open to the general public. However, a zillion other magicians are featured in there as well- my favorites being the original Blackstone equipment and posters, the Jay Marshal figurine, the Neil Foster Zombie, the Doug Henning Zig Zag, and even some of Dorney's items. In the library area, a rare and extremely valuable "History of Witchcraft" book can be examined (I looked at it myself with the museum director)- one of the first magic method books ever published. Pretty impressive place.