(Close Window)
Topic: Advice on Buster Balloon DVDs
I'm looking for your advice.
Background:
I have two Buster Balloon DVDs - Mad Hatz & Wild Wearables Vol 1 & 2 - and I'm planning to purchase all his DVDs (eventually). I work a weekly gig in a restaurant, and the hats & wearables from Buster's 2 discs have been VERY well received.
Question:
Which disc should I purchase next?
Should it be another from the Mad Hatz series - Vol 3 or 5 - or should I purchase something from the Untitled Project? Which of the discs would you recommend? Any advice or suggestions would be welcomed.
Regards
Barry
Message: Posted by: Smarty Pants World (Nov 18, 2012 08:53PM)
All the Mad Hats ones are really great. I have to say though that the balloons on each subsequent volume get progressively larger, more complex and time consuming. I actually get a lot of mileage all year long from Buster's older "Things that Go Pop in the Night" halloween DVD. It was originally released on VCR tape (gasp!) but should still be in circulation on DVD.
I second the older videos. I can't remember which one, but I have had a blast making the juggler that was on one of his older ones.
Mad Hatz 5 was a return to simpler, more everyday usable stuff (well, for me anyway). Also much of the material on my Inflatable Oddities collection are in that same ballpark as long as you are willing to start carrying 321 and hearts with you. And of course my free youtube videos.

And if you have not already, you may also want to check out David and Shana Brenion at Nifty Balloons. They have some really amazing and usable stuff, and all of their videos are available for instant download.
Lol well you can forget what I was going to say the man himself has spoken lol
Hi Buster,
Thank you for your suggestions - much appreciated. I do have the 'Masks' DVD from Dave & Shana - I'm still practicing my sidewall bubble technique! <grin> I'm not quite ready to bring the masks out for public viewing yet.
Baz
Hey Preston,
Don't be intimidated by Buster. Let us know your opinion as well...
Just because Buster wrote the book on balloon sculpting, doesn't mean he knows everything. <grin>
Baz
While you can't go wrong no matter what dvd you get I don't think you should limit yourself to all buster balloon
look at other dvd artist or some of the cd pdf books the more diversified people you learn from the better your going to be
as stated buster balloon, but look at gilbert adams dvd's or andy mcdonalds the pdf books from twistina and bonnie davis are great
the twisted critters dvd's from patricia bunnel hope I spelled half these names right.

let me say again you cna't go wrong with any of bustes stuff but don't limit yourself either !!
Hi Preston,
Thank you for your imput - very helpful. You've mentioned some names and resources that I have not heard of - thank you.
I agree that a broad knowledge will make me a better twister. I don't want to be a clone of Buster (sorry Buster), I want to develop my skills and broaden my knowledge.
I have 'Twisted Critters' on my wish list, and now I have some additional names to investigate, and pursue.
Thank you.
Baz
F your looking for names and dvd's or books or cd roms to buy and who to look up go to tmeyers or larocks or continental sales and look at their dvds for sale they probably got some reviews and look up those people online and their facebook they may have pics of some of the stuff per dvd/book as a preview!!!
I second Gilbert Adams DVD as well! They are fantastic and very workable.
Mad Hatz and Wild Wearables #4 is what got me started.
RC
Thanks RC,
Perhaps you can *pir@te* a copy of that DVD, and post it to me?
My tongue is firmly in my cheek, I would never want to steal from my hero Buster.
Also, I know that Buster only gives copies of that DVD to people he *really* likes... <grin>
Baz
[quote]
On 2012-11-25 20:31, Marvelous_Mysto wrote:
Also, I know that Buster only gives copies of that DVD to people he *really* likes... <grin>
Baz
[/quote]

Your copy is in the mail.
WooHoo!!!!
Thanks Buster - you're my HERO!!
Buster already sent me my copy! He teaches the 8 petal flower base which he says "is really much better than the Brenion 7 petal flower base." I really enjoyed this Buster! You're awesome!
#4 has the hidden full size train that he has in that picture of his with the women at the party.

My favorite is the full size Disney castle!
[quote]
And if you have not already, you may also want to check out David and Shana Brenion at Nifty Balloons. They have some really amazing and usable stuff, and all of their videos are available for instant download.
[/quote]
Thanks for the endorsement! I'll send your check right away...
Message: Posted by: Smarty Pants World (Nov 29, 2012 12:02PM)
Mat Hatz #4 also includes the bonus "Unpoppeable Balloon" - it's a great technique that you can use to ensure your balloon never deflates - ever! I actually still have a dog in my closet that I twisted using the method back in 2005. Looks as good as it did seven years ago!
Is it just me or has buster taken down his itwist videos?
There was a message on his FB page, explaining this to another fan. He has marked them private, for the time being. Buster indicated that they would be back, but he needed to take a break for a while.
What is with the whole mad hatz wild wearables volume 4 thing? I wondered why there was only volume 1, 2, 3 and 5 but I thought that was just because Tmyers didn't sell them. I looked over the whole internet and the only thing I found was that you cant buy it? What good is a dvd if you cant buy it? Was there only a certain number of them made and have they run out or am ii missing something here?

I am looking at getting volume 1 and 2... Does anyone know where they are available?
Hi Jake,
Vol 4 is special edition, that only Buster can give away (I believe). I'm waiting for my gift to arrive. I'm sure the post office is running behind because of the holidays. When I've viewed it, I'll let you know how good it *really* is.
Baz
Hey guys,
Just for the lucky ones that have been able to "acquire" the #4 DVD, there are 4 secret bonus twists to learn if you play the DVD backwards.

I'm just saying ...........
Hey David,
I'm expecting my copy to arrive at any minute...
How do you get a DVD to "play backwards"?
Do you need a special player?
Or did you 'hack' your DVD player's drivers?
Baz
To get it to run backwards you need to plug your hdmi cable into an 8 track player and set it in reverse...at least that's how I do it.
Message: Posted by: Smarty Pants World (Dec 18, 2012 01:36PM)
That's an unusual method. I usually use a much more straightforward method - just put your DVD into the tray as usual, then turn the entire DVD unit upside down. The DVD will play backward and you can see the secret scenes. You can also use this method to play your favorite movies in reverse, so you can see the ending first, and the opening credits at the end of the movie.
Smarty,

I thought that only worked with a Blue Ray? I'm still old school with a DVD player. I'll give it a shot per your instructions and post my results.
I hope Buster has some of his dvd's with him at Twist and Shout.
I signed up for his class on Wednesday. He is the BOMB...
See ya all at Twist and Shout
[quote]
On 2012-12-20 14:59, dew wrote:
I hope Buster has some of his dvd's with him at Twist and Shout.
I signed up for his class on Wednesday. He is the BOMB...
See ya all at Twist and Shout
[/quote]

I have never wanted to be you MORE than I do right now!
Anyone who would like a copy of Mad Hatz 4 has my permission to contact any of the people above who do own a copy to have them burn a duplicate for you FOR FREE.

This offer is for Mad Hatz vol. 4 ONLY. Copying and distributing any other titles in my catalog will result in swift and blinding legal action. But as of right now I hereby officially grant permission to those who own Mad Hatz & Wild Wearables Volume 4 to duplicate their discs FOR FREE and distribute them at will. Don't bother contacting me because I do not own a copy myself. I don't even have the raw files.

Yeah, now you guys can deal will all of the phone calls and emails. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
There you have it gentlemen, a brand new distribution channel!! Thank you Buster. If someone would provide me a ISO for download I would gladly help pay it forward.
Can anyone be so kind and send me a copy of Mad Hats and Wearables vol 4 ? Please pm me if you can help.

God Bless,
J Rodriguez
[quote]On Jun 18, 2016, close_up_act wrote:
Can anyone be so kind and send me a copy of Mad Hats and Wearables vol 4 ? Please pm me if you can help.

God Bless,
J Rodriguez [/quote]

:rotf:

Buster is a riot
Anyone know how I can get my hands on his Live Show dvd which use to be on kick starter?
Message: Posted by: Rob the Balloon Guy (Oct 23, 2016 06:18AM)
That never ended up happening.
Anyone willin' to burn me a copy? I can paypal to cover shipping. :) thanks. db
[quote]On Nov 30, 2016, Dollarbill wrote:
Anyone willin' to burn me a copy? I can paypal to cover shipping. :) thanks. db [/quote]

This above. Please pm if you can. Thanks. db
I'm looking for the balloon thru body download, buster. Balloon's Encyclopedia of Balloon Gags Vol.2. Hope someone can help, many thanks,