(Close Window)
Topic: Favorite Trick That Michael Ammar Teaches
Hey guys,

I was just wondering, because he teaches so many card, money, thread tricks, etc.

What do you think is the BEST trick that he teaches?
I like the trick where his post count magically doubles overnight! :bg: :bg: :bg:
The one trick I used the most from Ammar is probably Red Hot Mama.
I like most of his thread work, not to mention the ETMCM, how he makes the Gemini twins and Jazz aces look so easy.
(Easy for him, not that easy for me.) :idea:
His cups and balls routine is my favorite routine.
Well, I don't have a lot of experience with Ammar, but I love Twisting the Aces. Its so simple but always gets great reactions and is fun to perform.
Opening Stab
Red Hot Mama
8 Card Brainwave
Snappy
$2 Bill Tear

:kermit:
I use Ammar's pencil thru quarter trick. It's on his Videonics tapes and is very well worked out. Really, I like almost all his stuff. Tom
I haven't seen all of Ammar's videos yet. The only one I'm currently watching is ETMCM Vol. 1. So far I like 8 Card Brainwave and Red Hot Mama.
WOW!! What a question. This is tough. Michael teaches so many good tricks with clear and easy to follow instructions and has so much good material out there on tapes, DVD, and books.

But for me, one effect which has worked well over the years is Michaels Coin in the bottle. Never fails to blow them away for me. Combining this effect with his topit work leaves you so clean with nothing to worry about. (Video: Michael Ammar Lecture At The Magic Castle.)

Also his Silk to Egg, again combined with his topit work is also clean as can be (Steven's Magic Emporium Video) Michael Ammar vol 6.
I like Michael's two volume set with cups and balls. Others teach the trick also, but I think Michael teaches the best. He also gives several routines on performing it. Others usually give one.
So far, I like Triumph.
[quote]
On 2003-11-04 17:21, Dbzkid999 wrote:
Hey guys,

I was just wondering, because he teaches so many card, money, thread tricks, etc.

What do you think is the BEST trick that he teaches?
[/quote]

Several of my favourite effects are:
Jazz Aces, Your Signed Card, McDonald's Aces, Paramount and Reset.

digitaltrip
I've only watched the first three ETMCM, but so far I like “That's It”, Triumph, J. C.’s Super Closer.
If you find the proper time and place, as he states,
you CANNOT go wrong with shadow coins. It kills!

He does have lots to learn from - coins, threads, cups/balls, but I am a coin guy and would recommend the money miracles series (not all coins by the way.)

Have fun
:spinningcoin:
Ammar's Card on the Ceiling effect is Killer!! And so is his "Beanie Weenie" routine. :applause:
Shadow coins!!!
Cups and balls.

Håkan

:wavey:
I liked watching him doing Paul Harris’s "Chocolate Coin" and Dai Vernon’s "Expansion of Texture." Great routines!
The Crazy Man’s Handcuffs. :handcuffs:
Card on the ceiling and CMHs.
Right now, I am on a Cups and Balls kick, so its would have to be those two videos, … really well made and full of great information (and if you don't at least break a smile when you are watching the Vernon footage, there HAS to be something wrong with you.) Before I got that, I would have said anything from his card series. :cups:
I only own vol. 2 of his ETMCM and so far I like Twisting the Aces the best. I hope to get the rest of the ETMCM series soon.
Wade
I like Ammar's videos not only for just the tricks, but he also gives lots of advice and insights on magic and how to handle spectators.

I only have 2 of his ETMCM and his “Introduction to Coin Magic” video. The trick that I like is Virginia City Shuffle and Gemini Twins.
I'd have to say the cups and balls. He does a wonderful job of teaching with this subject, and his own routine is great.
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Nov 19, 2003 02:43PM)
I was quite taken by his performance of the bit where the card case appears around the deck. The mechanics were not so amazing... but the way he sold the magic of the happening.

That is something it really helps to notice. How something can happen and appear magical. It's been just over twenty years and I'm still impressed. Thanks Mike!
Right now I've decided to learn the 3 effect routine starting with Dai Vernon's Twisting the Aces. I was keen to employ a particular sleight I had learned in an effect that didn't use gaffed cards, and I found that in twisting the Aces. Then Dr Daley's trick gets great reactions, as it is short, direct and pretty powerful. Then the stunner is Card Warp. The level of deception is great on that one. I'm pretty enamored with this routine right now.
Cups and Balls - excellent DVD set!
My favorites: “Card on the Ceiling” and “Gemini Twins” and “Red Hot Mama.”
In the coin video,Shadow Coins.In the ETMCM:Red Hot Mama,8 Card Brainwave,Cannibal Cards,Between the Palms.I know I have left out lots of great tricks from the ETMCM series,but these are the ones I do most.As for his book:His coins across,CMH,Ring Band It,Bluefield Debut and his amazing Cups and Balls
Andre
ajcombri@telkomsa.net
Either the 51 cent miracle or the bottle production. I like the story line of the 51 cent miracle, and the bottle production is fast and snappy.

MM
I love micheal Ammars cups and balls routine its a classic and it makes me laugh every time
paddy :cups:
Or the trick called Bouncing Dinner Roll, from Ammars Ice Breakers.
It`s probably one of the easiest tricks in the world, but it looks so real when he does it..

Guess l`ll go for his Floating Dollar Bill, looks like real magic every time...
Hi
the one I like that he teaches is the crazy mans handcuffs that is because he taught me in person.

Ricardo the Magician
Wow this thread was dated 2 yrs untouched till today :P
Nice retro search Ricardo!
Since the thread is back on the menu I'd like to add Ammars Topit routines, there are some serious practice behind those moves...

-e-
I like Michael Ammars cups and balls routine
Ammar's Easu To Master Card Miracles was the first real "trick" tape that I ever bought, and I still use what I've learned from it when I get together with friends or relatives. I love Red Hot Mama, Las Vegas Leaper and Cannible Cards.

I also have The Magic Of Michael Ammar, and though I've skimmed through it many times, I haven't had the time to really dedicate to it as far as learning something new, though I do enjoy his presentation of CMH.
I do not have much experience with Ammar but for me it has to be cups and balls.
I just saw him lecture in Tucson. He is awsome. His cups and balls routine live is way smooth. Rss hot mama is always a killer as well as his version of McDonald's aces.
I use Red Hot Mama and 8 Card Brainwave the most by far. They're always amazed.
Paramount the Aldo Columbini effect on video #5 great effect and not hard to learn
L really like Jumping Gemini which is on ETMCM vol. 6 (the only tape I have so far).
Actually everything on that volume is excellent.
Cups and balls and his work with wand vanishes, misdirection, and appearances. Stunning.
Everbody seems to immeadiately refer to his card tricks? without a doubt the one that I get best reactions to is CMH.So easy yet impressive, even when the speccies concentrate they can figure out how its done . I've even had friends who can't physically do it even when you show them how!!!!

Howard
My favorite effect so far since I haven't seen them all only 1 and 3 is I tihnk title bout? not sure about the name. Its the one where he cuts to a 4 of a kind and but cuts to the wrong card on the last card but it still becomes a 4 of a kind. Really easy trick and it looks good too.
On vol 5, Dai Vernon's out of sight out of mind. without a doubt the most engaging and mentally violating effect you can perform from the Ammar collection.
the poker routine for its gambling 'hook' aswell.
Cups and balls and Gemini Twins are my favorits...
I learned JC Wagner's uper Closer from Ammar. I love the way he teaches. The dedication, clarity and joy of teaching is very evident.

Peace,

Rannie
I very much like his Tricky Trousers coin routine. Although it is rather simple, it can be a very great opener and or closer to any coin routine.

And also, I very much like Michael Ammar's handwashing. A very useful utility move.
The first (and still my favorite) thing I learned from Michael Ammar was the Cups and Balls. I have both "Complete..." videos. Studying the cups and balls has helped every other area of my magic!
Paramount from ETMCM #5 by Aldo Columbini is a great effect . This is one I am currently working on . Mr. Ammar has many great lessons to be learned ,what a great teaching style he has.
His Cups and Balls routien is great! My favourite , for sure.
I like his
card on ceiling
That's it card trick
Card of Ceiling.
I perform Paul Harris's Las Vegas Leaper and The Cannibal Cards Cards which I learned from Michael Ammar.

Really great videos!
My favorites are Jazz Aces, McDonald's Aces and Jazz Aces.
I have only seen the vol 4 of etmcm and I love the jc super closer....its a long routine and people will almost wont believe what they see..its crazy....and its easy too..
I love all of Ammars stuff but if I had to choose one it would be Gemini Twins.
Paul Harris las vegas leaper and j.c wagner's jc super closer!!
Cannibal Cards
Card on ceiling for wow factor
out of sight out of mind for when you have more time.
ST
JC Super Closer is my favorite so far.
I always do Red Hot Mama, Twisting the Aces, Daley's Last Trick, the Bill Switch, and all of the rubber band effects from the Classic Renditions video (especially Crazy Man's Handcuffs). I also do Card on Tie.

I think all of the above are among the greatest reaction-getters one can possibly do!

But, my favorite right now is CARD ON CEILING! This trick is beautiful because it has *permanance*. Not only is the experience itself amazing for the spectator, but your card stays there forever!! It makes a great conversation piece to have a card on a ceiling, and people will be talking about you for a long time. If you're a professional (I'm not), this is probably a great way to help business.

Also, I really should plug Crazy Man's Handcuffs a bit more. If Card on Ceiling did not have that permanance factor, I would say that CMH is the single best effect you can possibly do.

It's real magic with everyday objects and a transparent handling, and you can repeat it without anyone figuring it out!!