(Close Window)
Topic: Paul Harris Presents Haunted 2.0 by Mark Traversoni and Peter Eggink
Since this baby is finally out, I think it deserves a new thread, let's see what everybody thinks.

Paul Harris Presents Haunted 2.0 evolved by Mark Traversoni from Peter Eggink’s original Haunted

Peter Eggink started it all with his wildly popular “Haunted.” Mark Traversoni then experimented for literally
hundreds of hours with the concept to evolve it into this final tribute to Peter’s creation.

Now everyone can easily perform Mark’s exquisite evolution of Haunted within minutes of opening the box

Haunted 2.0 uses the same basic method of the original Haunted...but the big 2.0 difference is in the enhanced materials
and breakthrough concepts that dramatically alter Haunted’s genetic code!

Here’s what you can do minutes after opening the 2.0 box: Starting with a NORMAL shuffled deck...you place the
spectator’s signed card square into the deck which is set on the table. You can WALK AWAY from the deck and even cover the deck with a clear bowl (Just like in Peter’s original Haunted..there’s nothing connecting you to the deck.).

After a few moments of silence..the upper half of the deck eerily starts to MOVE..then slowly SLIDES away from the lower
half! After the top half of the deck stops moving, there’s a pause..then the CARD UNDER IT STARTS TO MOVE! This single haunted card slowly slithers and CREEPS away from the rest of the deck..then finally stops. Your spectator takes the card..it’s the one she signed! And yes..you still end up with a NORMAL DECK.

Haunted 2.0

* Stick of secret stuff has been replaced with custom “Haunted Chips”..that take out all the guess work.

* Special tips on how to speed up or slow down the deck animation and the creeping card.

* Start and finish with a normal deck.

*Gimmick is completely self-contained. Nothing attached
to performer or table.

* No Palming or Switches. Very Easy to do.

* Dvd includes 10 Haunted performances in a row. One take. No edits. Just so you know that 2.0 is 100% worker friendly.

Complete with 2 Evolved Haunted Gimmicks (both different so you can choose the one you like best)
20 Haunted Chips, supplies for about 1000 performances. Dvd of Mark Traversoni’s Evolved 2.0 handling instructions.

http://youtu.be/dlNxiFFC4is

Best regards,
Titanas
Haunted 2.0 is available from paulharrispresents.co.uk

http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk/new-magic/haunted-20-by-mark-traversoni.html
I have the original Haunted and still use it. This "chip" thing is too interesting not to investigate, so I'm in!

That demo looked beautifully filmed. Titanas, were the the film artist on this? It just looks like your work.

Zombie
Zombie,
It was me, I confess :)
Thank you so much, recognizing my work is a good sign :)
Message: Posted by: Silver Glove Magic (Nov 23, 2012 07:22PM)
Can't go wrong with this one. On my list of effects to buy for sure.
All Haunted 2.0's ordered from the UK Paul Harris site before 3pm last Friday are on the way!

Order now ready to freak them out at your Christmas parties!!!

http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk/new-magic/haunted-20-by-mark-traversoni.html

Looking forward to reviews.
Hmm looks magical just cantget away from my traditional EB method....
Thank you for all the orders so far.

I know Haunted 2.0 has just started to arrive with customers so I'm sure it will not be long before reviews hit, it's like waiting for a baby!

I'm confident the new concept and designs will go down well, it really does take the ease of use and reliabilty to a new level.

The gimmick can be set up and used with minutes of opening the box, no more waiting for ages, getting in a mess, guessing what to do etc!

The stock is in the UK ready to go.

Thanks agian.
I'm in! Sounds too good to pass on the 2.0 version!

-Alex
Mine has arrived and I am just watching the dvd :)
Will let you know how I get on
My initial thoughts on this...

I like the new 'chip' system but still not comfortable with the load and prefer the load on Rasmus's version to this.

Going to try and incorporate them both in a new gimmick.
We do show 3 loads on the DVD have you tried them all, the others are in the Handlings section on the DVD?

The spread and Peter's load are very natural and motivated, with no poking around at the back of the pack like in the deck you mention.

The one I show during the main teaching is a basic load, It's worth putting it a little time into the others they are not hard to do.

I'm pleased you like the new system.
I get best results with the basic handling at the start. (Animation)
With Peters insert I can't get it looking very convincing that nothing fishy is going on if you know what I mean?
On Rasmus's version when you load the card it's looks more natural I feel

Well done in the chip system though!
Putting mine on magic week for £20 and will include the original haunted DVD as well
I just prefer the other version although the new 2.0 chip system is great!
I've just had some commincation from Sylar one of my customers who would post himself but sent me this email today.

"Hi Mark , I'm a reader on the magic Café but unfortunately not a member and registrations are off ,also contacted Steve with no success .

I'm using the 2 card gimmick as I think it's better and easier to use.

All the gimmicks are trained and ready to go.

I love the fact that this is actual magic , meaning I do nothing but present the hell out of it to make it that much powerful."

All the best , Sylar http://www.sylarmagic.com
[quote]
On 2012-11-27 11:17, themagiczone wrote:
with no poking around at the back of the pack like in the deck you mention.
[/quote]

hey marc

what does that mean with poking around? I'm pretty sure you talk about haunted and not about the rasmus haunted deck, because my card insert is naturally motivated and looks 100% natural. your card insertion does not.
We teach some very nice natural inserts on the DVD it sounds like you are refering to Haunted not Haunted 2.0.

I've just come back from my magic club tonight and the youngest member there (not sure of his age maybe 10 or 11) picked up Haunted 2.0 and did it first time proving this is indeed now very easy to do.
Yea sure, very easy. same as mentioned on haunted 1.0

I'm pretty sure that your customers will trust you again my friend:)

wish you all the luck on earth for this second release, or shall I say update?
[quote]
On 2012-11-28 14:17, rasmus wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-11-27 11:17, themagiczone wrote:
with no poking around at the back of the pack like in the deck you mention.
[/quote]

hey marc

what does that mean with poking around? I'm pretty sure you talk about haunted and not about the rasmus haunted deck, because my card insert is naturally motivated and looks 100% natural. your card insertion does not.
[/quote]Here we go again.
Ramus is going to try an hijack another Haunted thread.
Not at all my friend:) just wanna clear things, that's all.

why are you afraid motown? like advertised this haunted effect is the wholy grail.

take it easy, relax and enjoy your life:)
Ramus, you should follow your own advice and while your at it find another thread to sabotage.
[quote]
On 2012-11-28 20:23, motown wrote:
Ramus, you should follow your own advice and while your at it find another thread to sabotage.
[/quote]

nice :) I finally found a new friend, MOTOWN
Yes, too bad I didn't think of it, we could have hung out this past week when I was in Zürich, had few beers a Zuri.
Sure, why not. after my gig at the marriott hotel. next time give me a call, ok?

best wishes:)

your magic friend
I be sure to do that.
[quote]
On 2012-11-28 19:28, rasmus wrote:
Yea sure, very easy. same as mentioned on haunted 1.0

I'm pretty sure that your customers will trust you again my friend:)

wish you all the luck on earth for this second release, or shall I say update?
[/quote]

The original insert method is shown as a basic way of doing the effect, there is nothing wrong with it, but then we show other ways of doing it to give people options and they are very natural.

This is not an "update" the gimmicks have had a complete overhall(2 different gimmicks a 1 card and 2 card are supplied that both produce the effect to choose from) it has been redesigned and we now have a new Chip System working to make the effect very reliable and workable.

A new Haunted 2.0 gimmick can be made or refreshed and used with minutes, with "your" system you have to wait a day or at least quite a while and then you are not sure if it's going to work ok and may have to touch it up and wait again.

Haunted 2.0 is now 100% user friendly workable and reliable and as I said earlier even a young child can do first attemp!

Please do not knock something until you have tried it, you obviously have not seen it or used it by your comments.

Haunted 2.0 in my opinion is the best system out there now to achieve this kind of effect, it is far more reliable than any other, the cards are 100% examinable at the start and end I mean every card can be looked at, felt and touched in any way they like the deck you start and end with is 100% normal.

The new handling does not have to use a table so this is now perfect for walk around.

The animation phases and delays throughout are second to none creating an amazing moment for the spectators.

Haunted 2.0 is a breakthrough that took a long time to find and work on to give us this new version, please only comment on Haunted 2.0 this is now the version we are discussing.
[quote]
On 2012-11-29 02:25, themagiczone wrote:

This is not an "update" the gimmicks have had a complete overhall

the cards are 100% examinable at the start and end I mean every card can be looked at, felt and touched in any way they like the deck you start and end with is 100% normal.

[/quote]
Are you saying that 2.0 is nothing similar to 1.0 in terms of the method?
The original Haunted giimmick was 1 card we now give you a 2 card gimmick as well.

The new concepts found were applied to a 1 card gimmick, but then during the process Daryl came up with the idea of the 2 card version to make it nice and simple to make.

The original principle is used but we have added more principles to it, the new bits are:

The chip system, a major beakthrough to make this work.

Modifications made to a 1 card gimmick to make it work better, another major breakthrough.

Stronger materials that last a lot longer, I have never broken one.

The abilty to use straight away not having to wait or guess how much stuff to use, another really big step forward.

The 2 card gimmick that really is the very easy version to do.

New handling and insert methods.

No need to use a table to start and end 100% clean.

You also don't have to practice this for ages within minutes you will be doing it.

In all a complete redesign of the original Haunted and an easy way to get the amazing creeping out card finish to the effect.

Is this just limited to playing cards or will business card work? Bearing in mind my business cards don't 'spread' easily
The first Haunted DVD has a section on business cards
If they are not a nice surface like cards you may struggle to get it working like it does with playing cards.

Mine are gloss 1 side and the stack of cards cuts fine to the card but the creeping out card is being thrown out fast rather than creeping due to the surface being different to playing cards.
[quote]
On 2012-11-29 10:17, themagiczone wrote:

If they are not a nice surface like cards you may struggle to get it working like it does with playing cards.
[/quote]

Yes, that is one major criterion to be kept in mind for this effect to work as desired.

[quote]
On 2012-11-29 10:17, themagiczone wrote:

Mine are gloss 1 side and [b]the stack of cards cuts fine to the card but the creeping out card is being thrown out fast rather than creeping[/b] due to the surface being different to playing cards.
[/quote]

Though you might like the selected card to creep out rather then being thrown out, but I personally think that a slowly moving deck followed by a sudden shooting out of the selected card looks much spookier while giving the spectator(s) a very creepy feeling. In my real world performance I have got much better reaction from the spectator when (once in a blue moon) the card suddenly shoots out.

For the shooting card effect, using a deck that has cards with a gloss on one side is a nice find. You have given me something new to think and experiment with. Thank you for sharing your find.

:xmas:
On the Haunted 2.0 dvd I explain how to increase or slow down the speed, I like it slow as shown but you can set it how you like.

If you set it closer than I show on the dvd the card does spring out at the end and even jump out onto the floor next to the pack.

This is not 100% every time as it does depend how things fall but if you like the jumping or spring out effect out effect for the card it can be done.

As it's moving and hanging over the edge you can also tap the top half edge of the pack if you like and quite often this will cause the card to jump right out.
Thank you for all the suggestions - The updated version sound quite good and encouraging.

This has made me to give Haunted 2.0 a rethink. As I already have (purchased) Eggink's Haunted (the so called version 1.0), I might get this one also but only after I see an honest positive review.

I've just remembered on the demo it does show a spring out on the part with the deck under the glass bowl.

The demo can be found here http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk/new-magic/haunted-20-by-mark-traversoni.html
I've had Haunted 2.0 for a few days now and love it. I also had the original version and for me this release has made some great improvements.

Firstly the chip system is great and you can perform the effect within minutes. Secondly the two card system works really well and is my personal favourite - It also allows you to have the gimmick in your deck without worry, which wasn't really possible with the previous version. Finally you don't really need to use any special handling to get the desired effect with the cutting animation and then the chosen card flicking out.
Just watched the trailer, it looks really good! I don't have a "haunted deck" routine and this may be the one I buy.

Can it be confirmed if it is possible to have the card fly out of the deck, as in actually leave the deck. If done at speed would the card travel a fair distance away from the pack or not?

Thanks,

AA
[quote]
On 2012-12-02 19:24, *double-A-magic* wrote:
Just watched the trailer, it looks really good! I don't have a "haunted deck" routine and this may be the one I buy.

Can it be confirmed if it is possible to have the card fly out of the deck, as in actually leave the deck. If done at speed would the card travel a fair distance away from the pack or not?

Thanks,

AA
[/quote]

Yes it can if cards and gimmick are new, it's not 100% though but the animation at the end is a lot quicker or it jumps out.

It can also be made to happen by tapping or lifting the edge of the pack just before it falls off the bottom half just like in the original Haunted.
Haunted 2.0 arrived this morning. First impressions are really good, it works just like it says it does and looks great.

The DVD covers just about everything including constructing the gimmick and is very well presented.

You receive more than I expected in the package. A one card gimmick, two card gimmick (my favourite just because it’s a little firmer), two cards for you to make a gimmick using your own deck backs plus other bits I won’t mention.

If you want a Haunted deck don’t hesitate getting this one. Spooky
I'm really please you guys are liking Haunted 2.0.

The 1 card gimmick was the first to be developed so that was what I used most of the time.

I have now switched over to the 2 card version as it does have a few properties the 1 card does not.

As Kev says it can stay in your deck and can be shuffled and the deck used before the effect, much more easily than the original Haunted gimmick.

The fact it is 2 cards and therefore thicker means it's very easy to find in the deck.

The 2 card version also requirs less looking after as it's always ready to go even if stored in the deck for a long time.

Everyone I've heard back from has the animation working which is really great to hear, that was the main object of Haunted 2.0 to make this extetemely easy to do, hense the name Extreme Edtion!
Hi guys,

here's my short review:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=491579&forum=109&0

Cheers

Nikki
Thanks for the review, I'm really pleased it's your number 1 Haunted deck.

A lot of work went into making this really easy to do, it still amazes me how the gimmick produces the animation it does!!
Is the animation better than the Rasmus version?
I just got mine the other day. Nikki's review is spot on. I own Haunted 1.0 and 2.0, and I felt 2.0 was a vast improvement in the animation for slow/creeping animation. It just works perfectly "out of the box" as advertised. The only thing I've been struggling with is to get a proper delay before the haunting begins. Currently, when I use the gimmick, it works similar to David Jade's static in that the haunting begins as soon as I let go of the deck. I didn't have this problem working with 1.0, but I'm not sure why it's happening with 2.0.

That said, however, the animation is amazing and I couldn't be more pleased. If I had to give a rating, 9/10 now and it would be a 10/10 if I could figure out how to get a delay before the haunting. Maybe someone who owns it or Mark could PM me some tips here?
PM sent, no delay is quite an easy problem to solve.
Delay issue fixed - as promised 10/10 and with such a quick response about it, I'm a very happy customer. Haunted 2.0 really lives up to the hype, imo. :)
What is the cost of shipping to USA?
[quote]
On 2012-12-05 18:23, Barry Gitelson wrote:
What is the cost of shipping to USA?
[/quote]

Barry, it's available in the U.S. from Paul's site:

http://paulharrispresents.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3529336
Mahalos Zombie.
[quote]
On 2012-12-05 06:58, sohaib wrote:
Is the animation better than the Rasmus version?
[/quote]

This is a matter of opinion, it depends what you like the look of.

Haunted 2.0 is designed with four phases in mind:

The intial delay, the first twist or cut of the deck, the travel of the top half over to the left and finally the creeping out card at the end.

As this happens you get pauses and delays (which vary a bit each time)in the animation which add to the effect.

I obviosly think these phases build up the effect and make it even more impossible, quite often when the deck has cut everything can sit there for a few seconds before the card comes out which really hits hard the way it creeps out at the end.

The slow creeping card ending is the reel kicker with this version, as well as the delay and complete change of travel direction during the animation.
[quote]
On 2012-12-05 18:07, sgtgrey wrote:
Delay issue fixed - as promised 10/10 and with such a quick response about it, I'm a very happy customer. Haunted 2.0 really lives up to the hype, imo. :)
[/quote]

I'm glad you have the problem sorted, it was more of a "training" as I call it or bedding in issue with the gimmick, it is explained on the dvd and repeating this sorted the problem.

10/10 is a great vote for Haunted 2.0 I'm very pleased this is working as advertised for everyone.
I have been using Haunted 2 a great deal latety and is does receive some excellent responses. The timing seems to be a pressure issue I would suggest. It took me a little practice but I don't even think about it anymore. I struggled with the original Haunted, but this is great!

It's looks like real magic so give it the practice it deserves and you'll have a miracle on your hands. I highly recommend this.

And I must give praise to Mark for his excellent customer service. A dealer that cares!
Haunted 2.0 is at Penguin!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14969

[img]http://images.penguinmagic.com/images/magitars/peter_eggink.png[/img]
Hello,

It's in stock for immediate shipping at Hocus Pocus with FREE SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD...Happy Holidays

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Does haunted 2.0 come with 1 or 2 DVDs?
Hi macc

You should be getting two dvd's with Haunted 2.0. One is for 2.0 and the other is the original Haunted dvd so you can see all the differences and improvements.

take care

Janet Harris
Just 1 DVD, but 1 very, very good DVD, imo. Some new ideas in the new 2.0 DVD that I REALLY liked.
Only one dvd in mine. I was was expecting the original to be included and thought it would be on that dvd. No big deal.
Whoops. Supposed to be two dvd's...although most of you getting Haunted 2.0 probably already have the original. Will sort this out asap.

many thanks

Janet Harris.
How does this new version compare to the other one that's out there? Anyone have both? And I don't mean the original haunted.
On the websites I see Haunted 2.0 Extreme Edition. Is there also a Haunted 2.0 Normal Edition, or is Haunted 2.0 the Extreme Edition of the original Haunted?

Rich
[quote]
On 2012-12-05 11:58, sgtgrey wrote:
I just got mine the other day. Nikki's review is spot on. I own Haunted 1.0 and 2.0, and I felt 2.0 was a vast improvement in the animation for slow/creeping animation. It just works perfectly "out of the box" as advertised. The only thing I've been struggling with is to get a proper delay before the haunting begins. Currently, when I use the gimmick, it works similar to David Jade's static in that the haunting begins as soon as I let go of the deck. I didn't have this problem working with 1.0, but I'm not sure why it's happening with 2.0.

That said, however, the animation is amazing and I couldn't be more pleased. If I had to give a rating, 9/10 now and it would be a 10/10 if I could figure out how to get a delay before the haunting. Maybe someone who owns it or Mark could PM me some tips here?
[/quote]

??? I don't understand, sorry Sir.
You do understand, as we already spoke about it in the last thread. I had a delay issue at first with 2.0 because I went into working with it before doing the proper "breaking in" of the gimmick. Later, you notice Mark had solved the issue for me and it works great, 10/10. Certainly better than 1.0, and imo, better than Rasmus Haunted deck. ;)
Out of all 3, I'd choose haunted 2.0.
Kudos to Janet and the service at Paul Harris Presents. I was missing the first version of Haunted in my order and just got an email that a package is on the way. Great product and great service.
Second that. Janet offered me the same. But I ordered from peter-eggink.com so I contacted Peter and he'll send me the missing dvd. :)
We have released a tips sheet for Haunted 2.0 which those that have purchased from us will have recieved, but if your dealer has not sent you one please contact me and I will email it to you.

Merry Christmas
[quote]
On 2012-12-22 17:12, r99h wrote:
On the websites I see Haunted 2.0 Extreme Edition. Is there also a Haunted 2.0 Normal Edition, or is Haunted 2.0 the Extreme Edition of the original Haunted?

Rich
[/quote]

Anybody know? I want to be sure that I get the correct and best product as and when I order...

Happy Christmas everyone!

Rich
[quote]
On 2012-12-26 09:46, r99h wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-12-22 17:12, r99h wrote:

Rich
[/quote]

Anybody know? I want to be sure that I get the correct and best product as and when I order...

Happy Christmas everyone!

Rich
[/quote]

Hi

This is where you can get the new version

Many posts and comments on here have been concerned as to whether Haunted 2.0 is better than the first version, more reliable, easy to do etc.

There have been many glowing reviews and comments

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=477408&forum=218&post=7793717

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=490219&forum=218&post=7779563

But for those who are still cautious, I'm putting my money where my mouth is. For the next 2 weeks anyone buying Haunted 2.0 from http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk gets a 100% no-questions-asked money back guarantee.

If you are not happy that Haunted 2.0 delivers exactly as promised on the demo, and lives up to your highest expectations, then you only need to drop the gaffs and refill stuff into a normal envelope, stick on a stamp and mail it back to me. You can keep the dvds and case. I'll then refund back to you the total purchase price. I Don't expect many will be returned as this is a truly great improvement and suspect most of you will share my view that this is now the best Haunted deck available.

To order yours now click here http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk/new-magic/haunted-20-by-mark-traversoni.html
[quote]
On 2012-12-27 06:58, themagiczone wrote:
Many posts and comments on here have been concerned as to whether Haunted 2.0 is better than the first version, more reliable, easy to do etc.

There have been many glowing reviews and comments

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=477408&forum=218&post=7793717

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=490219&forum=218&post=7779563

But for those who are still cautious, I'm putting my money where my mouth is. For the next 2 weeks anyone buying Haunted 2.0 from http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk gets a 100% no-questions-asked money back guarantee.

If you are not happy that Haunted 2.0 delivers exactly as promised on the demo, and lives up to your highest expectations, then you only need to drop the gaffs and refill stuff into a normal envelope, stick on a stamp and mail it back to me. You can keep the dvds and case. I'll then refund back to you the total purchase price. I Don't expect many will be returned as this is a truly great improvement and suspect most of you will share my view that this is now the best Haunted deck available.

To order yours now click here http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk/new-magic/haunted-20-by-mark-traversoni.html
[/quote]

That's a very kind and fair offer. Thank you.

I don't want to labour this point, and certainly no criticism is meant by my asking, but can you tell me whether there is more than one edition of Haunted 2.0 or whether Haunted 2.0 Extreme Edition is the only edition? I ask this purely as a potential customer who is confused by the wording used. (I admit it's not that important, but since I've asked the question, I thought I'd ask again...)

Rich
Ha ha ... as an Asian purchaser how can I say "no" when there is a 100% no question asked guarantee and a free worldwide shipping offered by HP?

I can't wait to have my first Haunted Deck without lxxp.

Surely, I will pen down my thoughts and experiences with the Asians after I have performed it.
I'm thinking of using Haunted 2.0 in side my "Haunted" deans box. Once with the door closed and then repeat it with the door open so the animation is visible. If someone could advise me if this would this be possible with Haunted 2.0 I would really appreciate it?

Also I was thinking of using these cards for the above effect http://www.afterworldmagic.com/product/the-ouija-deck/

Would the gimmick damage the cards at all?

Many thanks in advance
Hi Pompey2L.A. ,

You can use it with Dean's Box and using the ouija deck won't damage the deck but you will have to use one or two cards for the gimmick ( depends which one you go for )

Sylar
Hi sylar,

Sent you a pm mate.
[quote]
On 2012-12-27 19:24, r99h wrote:

I don't want to labour this point, and certainly no criticism is meant by my asking, but can you tell me whether there is more than one edition of Haunted 2.0 or whether Haunted 2.0 Extreme Edition is the only edition? I ask this purely as a potential customer who is confused by the wording used. (I admit it's not that important, but since I've asked the question, I thought I'd ask again...)

Rich
[/quote]

Hi Rich,

just check the Paul Harris site: Extrem Edition is just the subtitel.
There's only one 2.0 version on the market.

Cheers

Nikki
[quote]
Also I was thinking of using these cards for the above effect http://www.afterworldmagic.com/product/the-ouija-deck/
[/quote]
It's look extremely likely that I'll be releasing a set of gaffed cards for the Ouija Deck in the very near future. A few double backs, double facers, blank facers - that kind of thing. If you don't want to damage your deck, or lose cards from it (I appreciate it's not the cheapest deck in the world!) then this'll probably be of use to you. If you're on the Afterworld mailing list, you'll get advance notice about their release.

Oh and thanks for wanting to use them for this effect!!
Followed the instructions, works perfectly, great buy!
[quote]
On 2013-01-11 01:28, Nikki78 wrote:
Hi Rich,

just check the Paul Harris site: Extrem Edition is just the subtitel.
There's only one 2.0 version on the market.

Cheers

Nikki
[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification, Nikki. I'll be getting this in the next week or two.

Cheers

Rich
I perfomed this at a show for the first time last night and it went over extremely well. I followed "Ghost Tag" with it. I used the in the box clean up supplied on the video and then went into some other card effects after some urging by the pub table. No one suspected the g**f left in the box.

I like the effect and it suits my style. I did not have the older version but this one works well for me.

My .02
As we have two Haunted 2.0 threads going I thought it was worth quoting this from the other one, I am so pleased this is being well received, it really is a real "worker".

Thank you for all the positve comments.

[quote]
On 2013-01-21 00:33, Ustaad wrote:
[b]My thoughts on Haunted 2.0[/b]

About 20 days back, I finally took the plunge and got (traded) Mark Traversoni & Peter Eggink's [b][i]'Haunted 2.0'[/i][/b] at the Café's Buy-n-Sell section.

When Peter Eggink's 'Haunted' was released I was very unhappy with the unreliable working of the effect. We were served with a highly hyped & half-baked effect. I had no choice but to let loose my frustration and I thrashed the effect. Then came in Rasmus with his 'Haunted'.

Rasmus' 'Haunted' was basically (IMO) an improvement to Eggink's 'Haunted' which was much more reliable in its working and later the effect was updated & made almost perfect by changing the type of stick used. I was very happy with Rasmus' 'Haunted' and this became my real world performance (almost hands-off) effect. Rasmus was very kind to give the updated version for free.

Then later, sometimes during Aug 2012, Eggink & Travesoni returned with their improvement to Haunted and named the effect 'Haunted 2.0'. However, sadly the producers released 'Haunted 2.0' as a fresh release. I (as well as many others those who has purchased 'Haunted') was quite disappointed as we all thought that 'Hanted 2.0' was nothing more than a slight improvement done to the original 'Haunted'. Thus the producers should have given Haunted 2.0 as a free update (as Rasmus did). But that was not the case and I voiced my concern on this as well. My utmost concern was that for the same effect released by the same producer, I had to dish out another $35 or so thus making this one single effect cost me $70. The producers paid no heed to our bickering and no consideration (discount) was given to the original purchasers of 'Haunted', thus further adding to our frustration.

I then decided to wait-n-watch to see how well this revised effect was received & reviewed (an honest review) by others who took the plunge and purchased haunted 2.0. After reading the reviews here on the Café and talking to a few friends I decided to purchase the effect but not at the retail price and went in for a trade at the Café’s Buy-n-Sell.

After playing with Haunted 2.0 and doing some real world performances I fully agree with the HONEST opinion of Sgtgrey, and I quote:-

[quote]
On 2012-12-22 11:48, sgtgrey wrote:

* To be straightforward: I liked the idea of Haunted 1.0, but it was something I actually already had played with, and had originally been working a version that is the Rasmus haunted deck (well before Rasmus released it, in fact). It was something of my own independent thinking. When I saw haunted 1.0, I noticed slightly different animation from my own and was interested, but upon trying it out, I was a little frustrated with how it was working.

[b]* Then comes Haunted 2.0. I balked at first, not wanting to give it another chance, but then I caved in and decided "why not?" I cannot be more glad that I did. This is not just a repackaged effect. Haunted 2.0 is, imo, a complete overhaul of the gimmick for the Haunted effect. It worked perfectly out of the box after a little "training" and has been working great ever since (yes, every time, perfect animation. It spooks me out how well this works). Making my own gimmicks will be easy and they supply you with the materials needed and a VERY thorough step-by-step instruction of the gimmick construction on the DVD. Also on the DVD are some other performance ideas, some which are just completely awesome and make the loading of the card even more natural than before.

* Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with Haunted 2.0. I wish I hadn't purchased 1.0, personally, but 2.0 was definitely worth my while. Hope this helps.[/b]
[/quote]

I can now undoubtedly say that the creators (especilaly Mark Travesoni) has gone into and put in a lot of thoughts and fresh ideas in improving the working of Haunted and thus making Haunted 2.0 a fool-proof real world effect.

As on date, 'Haunted 2.0' is the BEST hands-off effect that surpasses all the previous versions released thus far. IMHO, I don't think one can further improve (of course, in MAGIC there is no effect that can't be improved upon :)) the working of the effect. As on date 'Haunted 2.0' is THEE perfect hands-off commercial effect.

I would highly recommend to those who are still thinking or are on the fence of purchasing the effect, may please do so now and I assure that you will be happy that you took the right decision.

Just my opinion on [b]'Haunted 2.0'[/b].

[/quote]
In the refills provided, how many gimmicks can you make? and do they sell refills?
You get 2 gimmicks made up plus enough stuff to make quite a few more.

The supplies you have will last a long time a couple of years at least or about 1000 performances.

I am still on my first set and I use this all the time.
Now that everyone here has had this for a while, I'm curious to know your thoughts on Haunted Deck 2.0.
I'm still using it every gig!

If you want something to make young girls scream and adults to swear (quite few do when they have had a drink) this works great.

I'm giving free worldwide shipping on Haunted 2.0 also http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/haunted-20-by-mark-traversoni.html
I have Peter Eggink's Haunted deck ,but what has ****ed me off is you can not get the right SOMETHING for love nor money,so I have had to chuck it in the drawer, fed up spending money out and finding the stuff just does not work.
Very easy to get on eBay
[quote]
On 2013-12-31 04:44, Fire Starter wrote:
I have Peter Eggink's Haunted deck ,but what has ****ed me off is you can not get the right SOMETHING for love nor money,so I have had to chuck it in the drawer, fed up spending money out and finding the stuff just does not work.
[/quote]

I'm sure you know the 2.0 version is different to Peter's original, but if anyone wants supplies for it I can supply whatever you want and you can be assured it will work.

I tried all the makes I could find until I found one that was just right and lasted a long time.
[quote]
On 2013-12-31 05:18, Saturn Magic wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

I'm sure you know the 2.0 version is different to Peter's original, but if anyone wants supplies for it I can supply whatever you want and you can be assured it will work.

I tried all the makes I could find until I found one that was just right and lasted a long time.
[/quote]

I have the original and the stuff that came with it was great,just can not get it,don't want bulk and did see it once on e bay but just could not order it for some reason ,would not go through.I will look into perhaps getting the next one,very annoying though with all the glues out there and only this certain one any good.

PS.just found on e bay 12 sticks for £13.00 ,might just go for it,just hope it was not the same dam site that wanted every detail of my life under the sun,lol.
Thanks to Mark at Saturn Magic I now know where to go for what I need instead of buying in bulk,all the best.
Shane
Mark. How long would it take to arrive in Australia? I recently had an order from your way that taken 4 weeks to arrive, I'm not prepared to wait that long.
[quote]
On 2013-12-31 09:05, phillipsart wrote:
Mark. How long would it take to arrive in Australia? I recently had an order from your way that taken 4 weeks to arrive, I'm not prepared to wait that long.
[/quote]

Hi

We send everything airmail so it should be quite fast, but we are in the hands of the post office.

We do ship to Australia and have never had any complaints about slow delivery.

Anything you order with Haunted 2.0 is also shipped free as well.
[quote]
[/quote]

Go to Amazon and type Scraperfect Best Glue Ever. I have used that since I bought the original and it works great. Haunted 2.0 is nice because it comes with the premade gimmicks so you don't need the glue. If I had to choose, I think using "Best Glue Ever" works better for me though.
Glue does work but I found people new to the effect struggle to get the balance right.

The chips are by far the easier and quicker option, you are up and running straight away with them.

I have some of that glue, I can't get on with it but it's great for general use in magic so it's not money wasted if you wanted to try it.
[quote]
On 2013-12-31 09:35, TomConsole wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Go to Amazon and type Scraperfect Best Glue Ever. I have used that since I bought the original and it works great. Haunted 2.0 is nice because it comes with the premade gimmicks so you don't need the glue. If I had to choose, I think using "Best Glue Ever" works better for me though.
[/quote]
Thanks for the info Tom,but I will stick (excuse the pun)lol to what I find get's me excellent results. I have spent a fair bit out on product's that did not work for me,all the best.
Shane
[quote]
On 2013-12-31 09:22, Saturn Magic wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-12-31 09:05, phillipsart wrote:
[/quote]

Hi

We send everything airmail so it should be quite fast, but we are in the hands of the post office.

We do ship to Australia and have never had any complaints about slow delivery.

Anything you order with Haunted 2.0 is also shipped free as well.
[/quote]

I'm ready to order now, Do you still offer free shipping outside of the UK?
Hi
That offer has now finished but I'll PM you how to get the offer just for you!

Thanks

Mark
See I knew Mark was a nice guy!

His magic Den is pretty cool too .... but I guess you wont be joining him on the monthly hand out Phllipsart! Its a bit of a long way for you.
Just received this from Mark at Saturn magic and it is top notch . Great gimmicks excellent animation and works everytime , this extreme version with Marks 2 card gimmick handling is certainly up there with the very best of these types of effects . 10 out of 10 Tarik 😊
Having been out of magic for a while I dusted my Haunted 2.0 down and it's as great as I remembered. Works 100% everytime. I may need some refills though as I'm running low - does anyone know if these are available? Cheers Billy
Thanks Billy and Tarik, I'm really pleased you are liking this.

I still remember Paul Harris's words when he said to I can't believe you get all that animation out of the gimmick.

No other hands off Haunted Deck exists that gives this much animation and a climax of the card creeping out at the end.

We have it in stock ready to ship here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/haunted-20-by-mark-traversoni.html
Thanks Mark. I hadn't come across your store before - just ordered some more gimmicks from you and some other bits. Cheers Billy.

PS in my opinion haunted 2.0 is the ultimate haunted deck - well done for bringing it to market.
There is a similar effect that can be accomplished with loops. For those who know both methods can someone recommend Haunted 2.0 over the loops.
Both are great ways a doing a haunted deck.

I’m a little bias being the creator of Haunted 2.0 but here are the points to consider.

You can do it hands off so you are not close to the deck , it can even isolated under a glass cover because there are no threads attached to you.

The deck can be examined at start and the end.

The gimmick is more durable and therefore more cost effective than loops.

With Haunted you will be doing it very quickly, if you have never used loops you will no doubt be breaking quite a lot before you are up to performance standard with them.

The haunted gimmick is ready made and more supplies are given so you can make more in your preferred back design If you don’t use red bikes.

Loops have the edge if you want to use a borrowed non red bicycle deck, if you borrowed another red deck you could easily add the Haunted gimmick to it.
Thanks Mark. Good information
Have there not been any advances made in the intervening 8 years of the haunted deck methodology?
Message: Posted by: the_man_who_knows (Oct 14, 2020 10:54AM)
[quote]On Oct 14, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Have there not been any advances made in the intervening 8 years of the haunted deck methodology? [/quote]

I stick with Al Baker's method. How old is that now?
[quote]On Oct 14, 2020, pegasus wrote:
Have there not been any advances made in the intervening 8 years of the haunted deck methodology? [/quote]

Surprisingly not, I'm quite proud of this it was my first release and as you say 8 years on it is still one of the top choices for achieving this effect.

Haunted 2.0 is available here www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/haunted-20-by-mark-traversoni
Message: Posted by: the_man_who_knows (Oct 15, 2020 06:28AM)
[quote]On Oct 15, 2020, Saturn UK wrote:
it is still one of the top choices for achieving this effect.
[/quote]

What do you base that statement on?
[quote]On Oct 15, 2020, the_man_who_knows wrote:
[quote]On Oct 15, 2020, Saturn UK wrote:
it is still one of the top choices for achieving this effect.
[/quote]

What do you base that statement on? [/quote]

The volume of sales 8 years after release, it still continues to sell very well so it must be / is one of the top choices.

That is not just for my shop, Murphys regularly reorder as well so it is selling well around the world.

If you now the magic market a trick that still sells very well after 8 years must have something going for it.
This is a great trick.
I hop between Mark and Rasmus's versions.