(Close Window)
Topic: Your favorite
So a little question for all of coin men.
what is your favorite galf coin or galf coin set?
ill start this off mine are the expanded **ll set
the tuc coin both running a close first.then the
copper/silver coin.what are yours?
todd
I really like my c/s coin, and I also have a [ I like to practice tricks with. I have a couple of others (folding, cig-through, flipper - but never really got around to try much with them).
TWIAD - Morgan/Crown Sun and Moon set (which I also use as C/S and Eric Jones Glitch Change)
Morgan NGF W/exp shell and super exp shell
Painted Morgan (for spellbound finally or color change)
Mine will always be the Shell! :) I just have so much I have come with for it!
While I have a couple of really nice X-[ sets, I would have to say that my C/S coin from Johnsons' is a real favorite of mine when I use a gaff. It's such a simple little thing but can really be used for some great magic. I have a pretty nice effect where I use it and it always plays so well. I have many of the other coins out there from various makers and all nice to play with but when I think of the one thing I have used much more so than anything else, it would be the C/S coin, has just always been fun to play with it for some immediate magic, a really well made little thing I've treasured from Johnson's. :)

Not for nothing, but my very first gaff coin I remember was a [ , for the old Dime to Penny effect. :D
Todd built me a TTGF with a matching TT insert plus three other matching remilled coins in 1923 new-ish peace dollars. I'm pretty much in love, and carry them around in my pocket.

This set does most of the things I want: all the TT stuff, all the OxF stuff, the flippers great, plus the TTGF has some amazing possibilities on its own. You can also just use the four matching coins for the ungaffed stuff.

However I'd like to see the same set in Morgans some day. Is that cheating?
Cheat! No!!! Your a magician, that what you are spouted to do!!! :) And yea I have worked some really Cool stuff for it! It's on the list but it's not my no. 1 gaff!
Iíve come back to magic after a very long break and have bought quite a few sets of coins in the last year.

If I was staring again I would not buy anything without re-milled edges. For me they make a huge improvement in ease of handling and confidence.

For practicality and versatility I like my unexpanded Barber [ set.

Itís a bit big for my hands but the most impressive coin set I own is a 1921 Morgan Ambivalence (made by Xavier Belmont). It has two inserts, a regular Morgan and a Sun and Moon type C/S insert.
X ] for Roths coins across and Wongs STC
I love my 4 silver dollars and shell and very close second is my OXY Coin from Jamie SchoolCraft .A good old shell is so deceptive when used and the moves look very natural.
] & C/S coins
The latest Morgan China Bit set is what I really love now. I am working on a really cool effect with an Onosaka purse. I hope to post it soon. I also have an OXF set that is awesome but the next runner up is my soft Morgan [ with 2 reg Morgan dollars for doing Homer Liwag's Coin Two! Love that routine.
1) C/S coins
2) Shells
3) CSB sets

Jim :)
We all have a couple things in common for sure.
all of us love our shells and c/s coins.and I love my csb
set too jim.i have also really loved practicing the samoya
routien too.i am using my dollar size sun and moon set i
got at lassen's commercial site.its a very nice set of coins.
but I wouldn't expect no less from him though.
todd
Morgan Deans set for me, just beautiful!
Sun and moon from Lassen...where the half and a cut down penny also fit...can do so much with the various pieces of this set
This is a tough one. I recently picked up a [/ coin with matching [. I also have my C/S (loonie/toonie!) coin.

I have to say, the [/ is a lot of fun to play with, it almost feels James Bond like or something.

As well, I really am fascinated by my canadian C/S coin. For those who aren't aware, our Canadian $1 coins are gold-coloured and have 11 sides to them. Our $2 coin, however, is circular and both silver and gold (opposite colours to a Euro). This change in shape (11-sided and circular) as well as the slight size differences makes this seem totally impossible.

Like others, my shell I think is the most versatile. I'm still learning to use it, but I see more effects available using it.
I am also playing more with my Triception Walking Liberty set and am able to do many of the routines with the mix-match of Morgan stuff I own.
My shell/flipper combo. I love them. Have one each in Morgan and Walker...
Scotch & Soda .. baffling ...
Hi
1. Johnson Hoping half set
2. Johnson CSB set
3. Johnson cigarette through quarter
4.Johnson Peace dollar sh++l
5.Blackout Kennedy half dollar

I have more but these are my favorite
At the moment my prefered coin set is UWC (clad coins) set from Todd Lassen to perform Todd's original Wild Coin routine.
I wouldn't say the TUC is my favorite -- I just started creating new effects using it and can't stop.

My hidden favorite is the Birch Stack -- something I discovered by accident (1934) and am now modernizing for new eBook.

Basically an intertwined use of a exp [ and a Hooked Coin - now a magnetic one. No, the Hooker is never in the [ -- it is matter of controlled timing
that allows for some unique effects and amazing old ones.
The new Quarter-Penny tuc coin
that Mr Tango is introducing
should be very intresting also.
Todd
I know that the TUC coin helps you instantly produce a second coin from the original coin, but is the Quarter-Penny where you can produce a penny instantly from a quarter? (looks like scotch and soda?) Thanks...
Eddie Gibson Chinese Bit set.
Torn between two Lassen sets that I got last year. The UWC set is versatile and a work of art. But I also love the Cerebus set. His combo sets are amazing.
I have three Johnson Exp ['s. A Quarter, a Kennedy Half Dollar, and an Ike Dollar. Absolutely the best coin gaffs I have! I also have two C/S coins in Kennedy Half/English Penny.

I also have a unique coin. A quarter version of FUSION, by Dr. Michael Rubinstein. I love it! Very, very unusual...

Doug
My favourite gaffed coin still has to be my folding coin, or maybe I should say coins - as I have them in most sizes of U.K. Currency; ready to switch in for any value of borrowed coin handed to me.

Whilst I adore coin magic in most of it's forms (although I still dislike the generally confusing plot of 3Fly) there isn't a coin trick that I have EVER performed that registers so well with laymen as 'Coin in Bottle'.

To my mind, passing a borrowed coin into a borrowed glass bottle held by a spectator, then just as easily taking it out again (a point most magicians overlook, so they lose a major part of the plot in my view) is as close to REAL magic as you can possibly get. Add in some sleeving and you've got an ultra-clean effect that sits up there in the miracle class. ;)
Yea that is a great little effect that gets awesome reactions.
todd
Cerberus
TWIAD
Morgan TUC
Hey, guys! A very generous and kind Cafť member here, sent me his Kennedy Half Dollar FUSION coin! The DVD came with it. After watching it, I realized I had come up with my own handling back when I got my quarter version. Using the Half, I use MB's [i]"Crimp Switch"[/i], and it works great! One of the best kept secrets in gaffed coins! :)

http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/Rubinstein.htm

(scroll down about 1/3 the way)

Doug
I love my sh*%l. Like Cnd Andrew said - Such a versitile thing. £2 version. I am learning a beautiful coins across routine from Kieron Johnson. He does this SO elegantly... I however have a way to go yet and must stop spending the regular £2 coins!

Coin Unique, £1 and penny version. Use this for coin to mouth sucked thru arm which I learned from the mighty Tokyo, from Lombok Indonesia.

I use a split £2 for a story about the banks and (of course) for bag4life. The coin is not the best match as the writing on the side does not join together perfectly but thankfully I have never been called on it. I always keep a regular close by to switch out with when the heat is on the bag...

All the best,

Colin
Shell for me.
I'm with Poof-Daddy on this one. I have a lot of fun with my Triception set.
I get the most use out of my X-sh*l. But I just started playing around with the TUC, and it's amazing some of the effects you can come up with. Especially using both in tandem.
I love the shell too but the tuc rocks dud.
Bowers I have a T.U.C in a Half Dollar that I really would like to get into using but always revert to my s***l as I just know the handling inside out and very confident with it, I really want to try something new and I can see the impact and possibilitys this T.U.C coin could have! Do you have Mr Tango's new T.U.C DVD ?
[quote]
On 2013-02-17 04:10, SPONGE KONG wrote:
Bowers I have a T.U.C in a Half Dollar that I really would like to get into using but always revert to my s***l as I just know the handling inside out and very confident with it, I really want to try something new and I can see the impact and possibilitys this T.U.C coin could have! Do you have Mr Tango's new T.U.C DVD ?
[/quote]

get "T.U.C. Appreciation" with more than 60 effects -- the key Tango ones plus many not on his DVD and some contributed by notable magicians. This was written to inspire magicians like yourself to create your own effects and modifications, so there is philosophy, history and theory as well. Available in many formats from LuLu.com
Sponge King I do have the new dvd.
It has quite a few routiens on it.
and Mr Tango shows how he handles
and opens the Tuc for himself.
It is worth the twenty four dollars.
Todd
[quote]
On 2013-02-17 06:48, funsway wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-02-17 04:10, SPONGE

get "T.U.C. Appreciation" with more than 60 effects -- the key Tango ones plus many not on his DVD and some contributed by notable magicians. This was written to inspire magicians like yourself to create your own effects and modifications, so there is philosophy, history and theory as well. Available in many formats from LuLu.com
[/quote]

Thanks Funway sounds great, really do need to get into this T.U.C coin as it obviously is a fantastic coin with many uses, just stuck in my old habits I guess. I'll take a look at T.U.C Appreciation for sure.
[quote]
On 2013-02-17 10:13, bowers wrote:
Sponge King I do have the new dvd.
It has quite a few routiens on it.
and Mr Tango shows how he handles
and opens the Tuc for himself.
It is worth the twenty four dollars.
Todd
[/quote]

The coin it's self I think maybe the best gaff I've seen, even from the aspect of a spectator it's invisible . I think like Funway said I'll get T.U.C Apreciation and also Secrets as I'm going to push myself to try something new. Had this coin sitting in its pouch doing nothing for a year or more, time I spent some time using this coin and getting used to something new!! I've read a lot of your posts in the past about the T.U.C and you sound like a big fan. I always use Morgan Dollars with a S***l so I may invest in a Dollar version once I've played around with my Half.
That I am Sponge King get the book and dvd
You won't regret it.And start using this wonderful coin.
Todd
An expanded shell and a flipper ... endless possibilities.
I have both, whiteoakcanyon, but my flipper (a Johnson Kennedy half) has no band. I found a bunch, but they are so old, they're brittle.

Once I fix the flipper, I'll put it with my expanded [ and try some things. Thanks! :)

Doug
Doug, Time to go to the orthodontist! ;)
:confused: ... :idea: ... :thanx: