(Close Window)
Topic: Mnemonic Help
Hi there I'm in the middle of learning the pegs and I'm changing some to fit things I prefer.

Have any of you got any good alternatives for 88? The usual peg is Fife which I don't really like but all I can come up with is Five and Fave...

Any Suggestions? Thanks...
Some suggestions from pseudonumerology.com...

Fauve
fief
Fifi
half-heavy
half-off
heave off
hoof off
huff off
huff-huffy
if-iffy
oof-oofy
viva
wave off
woof-woof
woof-woof-y

It is an unusual number to mnemonify...

Gregg Tobo
Thanks for the suggestions Gregg, Fifi looks like the best option to me, picturing a poodle I guess...

Out of curiosity what do you use?
I went with "fife" (envisioning the fife player from the classic American Revolution-themed painting, "The Spirit of '76").

At the time, I couldn't think of anything better -- now I'm stuck with it.

Gregg
Hey I guess I could use Fifa and think of football.

Thanks again for the info Gregg
Seth, I don't know if you're a fan of the old "Andy Griffith Show", but Barney's last name was Fife. You could link the item to be remembered to be in Barney's shirt pocket. You know - the one where he kept his only bullet.

Tate - lives near Raleigh, NC and every time I drive by the YMCA, I look up and wonder which window indicates the room Barney would stay in when he visited Raleigh.
Remember that when you are creating "anchor" mnemonics, you can use whatever you want.

88 could be FLUFF.

Yes, I know that breaks the rules, but if you think of a huge ball of fluff your mind will know that it is a rule to be broken and get you to the same destination.

It's your brain. You make the rules! :-)

Blair

FREE Newsletter:[url=http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/adtrack.asp?AdID=34754]www.Mental-List.com[/url]
Like the band Foo-Fighters...if not, even better LOL

John
Seth: I like five! Why not visualize a hand slap as in "gimme five!". Along with an exagerated sound ofthe slap! It works for me!
I thought about Fluff for a sec but I don't know if I might get confused later...

Hey JohnE, that's a great idea, using the peg FF and thinking of the foo fighters!

Shrink, that's another great idea, I discounted it at first cause I was thinking of visualising the number 5, but a high five sounds great!
Tate:

Love yer idea of putting the object in Deputy Fife's pocket!

Steve H