(Close Window)
Topic: Witches Almanac question...
I just acquired a Witches Almanac. Have to say I love the work that has gone into this and see many possibilities. Having said that mine does not have a place for the cards in the book, but they come wrapped in a very aged and wax sealed paper that looks great. So my question is this. Is this how they are now being produced? It really makes no difference just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Also having a hard time getting registered on the forum for Witches Almanac. Any help would be appreciated. Did what I had to do but never received the email for final registration. I feel I could really use some tips for this effect.
The WA used to be created with the pocket in the book. However now they are being produced with the cards separately. Not sure about the forum, but I am sure Rick with chime in here soon.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Dec 11, 2012 12:10PM)
I just place the cards in the book along with the book marker (crib).

Ray
[quote]
On 2012-12-11 13:10, Magical Dimensions wrote:

Ray
[/quote]

Did you age your book marker? My almanac came with two ribbons on it for markers with little beads on the end which seem very appropriate. I do like the idea of your bookmarker with the crib.
I use a Peek wallet with THE crib inside and my business card on top to write my impressions I am receiving. Than I give my card away as a souvenir - no memory work.
I love the little touches you guys do with your WA :)

FYI I have it on a special this week at $65 plus shipping!!
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Dec 12, 2012 01:55AM)
[quote]
On 2012-12-11 13:47, acesover wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-12-11 13:10, Magical Dimensions wrote:

Ray
[/quote]

Did you age your book marker? My almanac came with two ribbons on it for markers with little beads on the end which seem very appropriate. I do like the idea of your bookmarker with the crib.
[/quote]

Yes, I aged the bookmarker the old fashion way.

Ray
My cards just came seperate from the book, no envelope or anything.

One thing you might consider is to find some of the minerals and give the sitter one to take. You can find most of the stuff pretty cheap on ebay.

-Max
I have the "prototype" with the slit in the back that holds The Five Tarot Cards Of Fate. It is a very simple holder and I've always liked it since it seems like something someone might do on their own after realizing the two worked in concert.

That fits with my original presentation in the backstory included with the instructions. I have a shorter version I use but the fact of the synergy between the WA and TFTCOF being accidentally stumbled upon always stays.

Rick, remind me why you stopped making WA that way, please.
My copy has the slit in the back as well.
I stopped putting the pocket in the back a year after the book came out. The reason was I did not like that the book did not close well with the cards in that pocket. It's that simple. The cover has to bend a bit when the 5 cards are in the pocket. I like the book to close with the covers flat, that's my preference.

I know that most buyers did not have a problem with the book having the pocket and the cover not closing flat when the cards are in the pocket, because its an old book and after decades, it does not have to be "perfect"

It bothered me so for the past 3-4 years no books have had that pocket. If anyone wants to know how to add one you can PM me and I'll be happy to tell you how to do it.

Thanks!
I was interested in this until I thought "what if someone googles 'Witches Almanac' " ? So I tried it. The 2nd listing is a link to the page at Outlaw Effects to buy the trick. A shame but that kills it for me. It's too easy for inquiring minds to find it.
Sand off name on cover,and do not call it WA in performance...
On special through X-Mas at $65 plus shipping!!!

BTW Reese, I know customers that have been using it for years and I've never had one tell me a spec ran home and googled it. I think Magicians are far more likely to google magic than lay people.
[quote]
On 2012-12-18 01:34, Roth wrote:

BTW Reese, I know customers that have been using it for years and I've never had one tell me a spec ran home and googled it. I think Magicians are far more likely to google magic than lay people.
[/quote]

I've never had it questioned.
[quote]
On 2012-12-18 19:03, David Eichler wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-12-18 01:34, Roth wrote:

[/quote]

I've never had it questioned.
[/quote]

Neither have I.
No, my concern isn't that someone with a smart-phone googles "magic".... It's that they get curious about the history of the book and google the title. Being paranoid about protecting secrets just leads to..... ( you can fill in the blank where-ever your thinking leads you )
[quote]
On 2012-12-18 01:22, Godzilla wrote:
Sand off name on cover,and do not call it WA in performance...
[/quote] Thanks! That is a smart answer.
Perhaps you could purchase the hardcover version (that's what I did). Different title. . .

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-arsenal/book-tests/dekranom.html
Reese, you are welcome! :)
I, would not worry so much about the google on this, as stated above, but...
WA, is too good not to have!
And, Outlaw has a really good price on,her!

~G
Yup. What Godzilla said :)

http://s1111.beta.photobucket.com/user/dennper/media/IMG-20110106-00110.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5
Nice, dennper! :)
[quote]
On 2012-12-19 20:06, dennper wrote:
Yup. What Godzilla said :)

http://s1111.beta.photobucket.com/user/dennper/media/IMG-20110106-00110.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5
[/quote]

Thanks for sharing, dennper !
Nicely,done! :)

~G
This is STILL one of the best there is. . .
[quote]
On 2012-12-19 01:34, reese wrote:
No, my concern isn't that someone with a smart-phone googles "magic".... It's that they get curious about the history of the book and google the title. Being paranoid about protecting secrets just leads to..... ( you can fill in the blank where-ever your thinking leads you )
[/quote]

If someone is googling during your performance you have problems no prop can overcome.
[quote]
On 2012-12-21 20:49, RCP wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-12-19 01:34, reese wrote:
No, my concern isn't that someone with a smart-phone googles "magic".... It's that they get curious about the history of the book and google the title. Being paranoid abou@t protecting secrets just leads to..... ( you can fill in the blank where-ever your thinking leads you )
[/quote]

If someone is googling during your performance you have problems no prop can overcome.
[/quote]. I agree wholeheartedly.
RCP, you read my mind!