(Close Window)
Topic: Wallet by Shawn Farquhar
This looks to be pretty nice! Can't wait to see this released, he definitely has a great mind! This is slated for an early January with it being a Penguin Magic Exclusive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKp3qB30y6c
Looks interesting. No palm.
Saw this in New Zealand when Shawn was here, I loved it and so did everyone else. It's very nice and a very clever method

Scott
"Slicker than snot on a doorknob."
Personally I don't like it. The 3 of spades embossed into it screams magic wallet and I don't like where the money goes, I've never seen a wallet like that so again it screams magic wallet.
[quote]
On 2012-12-28 06:26, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Personally I don't like it. The 3 of spades embossed into it screams magic wallet and I don't like where the money goes, I've never seen a wallet like that so again it screams magic wallet.
[/quote]

Personally I love it...but have to agree it does seem a backward move to have a card symbol embossed on the leather...could always cover it with a black sticky label I suppose...
That three of spades wont be noticed I think unless you draw attention to it, and of course it can be used as a seperate prediction. Very nice....any idea on pricing?
It's a great idea, sticking with the real man's wallet :)
So there aren't any "no palm" wallets on the market?
[quote]
On 2012-12-28 06:31, geggy wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-12-28 06:26, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
[/quote]

Personally I love it...but have to agree it does seem a backward move to have a card symbol embossed on the leather...could always cover it with a black sticky label I suppose...
[/quote]
It's not just the 3 of spades that puts me off it is also the strange way the money goes into the wallet. Maybe such wallets exist in other countries but I have never seen anything like that in the uk and so the wallet would draw too much heat.
I love shawn farquhar's stuff usually but this doesn't seem to add anything to the world of magic wallets. I don't like where the notes are held and it all seems a bit fussy, just to get a card sat on top of the card part of wallet rather than in a zipped compartment. If it was the only wallet ever made, it'd do, but with all the choice available for no palm, palm and both, I just don't see its place.
The embossed 3 of spades, as mentioned, only would be an "issue" if you call attention to it, and, as also mentioned, works as a prediction.

Saw this back at CAM when I briefly stopped by this year. Really liked a lot of the thinking in it. Honestly, the card just "appearing" in the wallet, and not in a pocket or something, is a bit, I don't know, maybe just not what we're used to. Not bad, but different that what we see with most card to wallets. Not necessarily a bad thing.

The actual loading is very interesting and smooth. Nicely motivated, and it almost feels illogical. Not that the actions are illogical, but the idea that the card got where it did during those actions doesn't seem possible, lol. It doesn't seem like it should end up where it does with those actions. It's also cool how you clearly show the wallet empty before the card appears.

Could be used to load it when it's implied that the card is still in the deck, although, generally, I don't like going to the wallet after the card is choosen, then back to the deck, then back to the wallet. Feels awkward and creats a moment where the audience could naturally jump back to for the moment when the card is loaded.
Anywho, not really anything to so with the actual effect Shawn is releasing.

Another nice thing is the motivation for the "no palm moment" if you will. Not sure if he goes into it in the DVD, but he does it in the demo. Shawn has a beautiful and naturally motivated touch for that moment, so that it's inconsequential that the w****t goes o* the d**k for a moment.
Maybe I did miss it, but there is no compartment for coins, right? Unfortunatelly, not something I could use here. Great Demo!
[quote]
On 2012-12-28 10:34, Beltorak wrote:
Maybe I did miss it, but there is no compartment for coins, right? Unfortunatelly, not something I could use here. Great Demo!
[/quote]

I notice this with a lot of "magic" wallets. I usually buy and gimmick my own wallets, so I don't usually have this "problem."
I'm sure I've seen this wallet before?! My friend is very new to magic and bought almost EXACTLY the same wallet at a market on holiday. He worked out that you can load the card in the same way but we also agreed you could do the same with a regular wallet. If it isn't in a compartment/ envelope then Im not sure it even counts as a card to wallet?! Wouldn't the spectator just argue you slipped it between the fold of the wallet. If its in a sealed/zippered compartment then its impossible, with this it just looks unlikely.
[quote]
On 2012-12-28 10:34, Beltorak wrote:
[/quote]

Always a point of discussion! Fact is that coin compartments in wallets are almost never seen or used in the US, but are very common in the UK.

Jim
I virtually never keep coins in my wallet even if it has a place for them.
To make sense of the loading sequence wouldn't it make sense to have the card signed and lost in the deck. Pull out the wallet and say you are going to give them the choice of a credit card (as you show the different credit cards in the wallet), cash (and flip the cash part over to show the cash and apparently do the move), or the entire wallet (as you close the wallet up and hold it in your hand).

This way the move is done and all the compartments are shown empty through the display and I'm sure most people will say they want the whole wallet in which case you can hand them the wallet or place the wallet down or whatever.
Then you make a couple of incorrect guesses of finding the chosen card and when they think they just won your wallet you have them open it revealing their card has appeared in the wallet.

I feel like this would play very strong and there would be enough time misdirection of when the card was loaded to when they find it in the wallet to cancel out anything other than you offered them your wallet, showed all the choices they could choose from (incidentally showing the wallet empty) and the card appeared in the wallet whilst in their possession.

I'm definitely picking this up. I think this could be a real worker.
I give up.

I truly give up.

WHEN are magicians going to learn that the ROUTINE & PRESENTATION of 'card to wallet' is important, NOT the prop?

The Magic Community DOESN'T NEED another card to wallet.

It really doesn't.

By the way, the break under the top card of the pack was truly woeful. If you are going to create a no-palm card to wallet to keep lazy magicians(?) happy, then at least make this 'self-worker' at least look a little MAGICAL, and show your own product some respect fella on the demo clip.

Just a quick couple of questions.

- HOW is this more magical than having the card appear inside a zippered compartment, sealed envelope, etc.

- There are already a raft of no-palm CTW's already on the market. To this end, WHAT exactly is this bringing new to the party; other than having the card rather unconvincingly appear loose in the wallet? You've more or less taken the trick back to the days of Robert Houdin!
[quote]
On 2012-12-29 11:41, Merc Man wrote:
I give up.

I truly give up.

WHEN are magicians going to learn that the ROUTINE & PRESENTATION of 'card to wallet' is important, NOT the prop?

It really doesn't.

[/quote]

Sure it does, because.... 90% of the members here are afraid to palm a card! Therefore we have a glut of new "No-Palm" CTW wallets.

Jim
How is this any different from the myriad of other wallets that load from the top of the deck?
Its new because its a different style of wallet? hmmm
[quote]
On 2012-12-29 11:41, Merc Man wrote:
I give up.

I truly give up.

It really doesn't.

By the way, the break under the top card of the pack was truly woeful. If you are going to create a no-palm card to wallet to keep lazy magicians(?) happy, then at least make this 'self-worker' at least look a little MAGICAL, and show your own product some respect fella on the demo clip.

Just a quick couple of questions.

- HOW is this more magical than having the card appear inside a zippered compartment, sealed envelope, etc.

- There are already a raft of no-palm CTW's already on the market. To this end, WHAT exactly is this bringing new to the party; other than having the card rather unconvincingly appear loose in the wallet? You've more or less taken the trick back to the days of Robert Houdin!
[/quote]

The Demo wasn't perfect, Flashing here and a bit there but, I am pretty sure that he intentionally decided to use this Demo Shot, just to openly show how it works.

Many other Creators shhot Dozens of same Sequences just to get the Best out of it, without even be inside the TV Screan at all Time.

I'm a Palming Machine, definetly. But most of the People as I think, don't like Palming Cards or the Hands are to small etc.

For Those People, this Wallet can be for Sure a very Nice Gadget to have and a good Help to Palm something without Palming :) No need for a Zipper IMO, the zipper just makes the wallet thicker and the attention is much more on the wallet.

Just my 5 swiss Francs
The design of this wallet looks a bit strange. It doesn't look like a normal everyday wallet in my opinion (the bill section especially).
Here's another thing that we all should know as purveyors of magical apparatus based on video clips: It's hard to misdirect a camera! I'm sure that a world-champion and respected guy like Shawn can hold his own just fine when performing for laymen who would be looking where he wants them to look and not be looking for the "push-off get ready." It was a clip designed to show us here on the Café what is going on without a bunch of street magic edited video segments. Personally I like a sealed envelope aspect of CTW, or at least a double wallet aspect of a Mullica-type wallet; but I do appreciate the very open and fair presentation that Shawn created. Two nice aspects of this wallet, it seems to me, is that it doesn't scream magic prop and the reset is instantaneous.
GREAT demo. I appreciated NOT having to look at MTV style camera graphics, breakaway shots of screaming people in the street, etc. Shawn made a beautifully filmed demo so everyone can see what the wallet is/does. If Shawn didn't want us to see a get ready, etc. he's talented enough to have prevented it.

BRAVO Shawn!!!
There are three actions to get the card into position in the wallet.

I prefer one action with my JOL. Much simpler.

Sorry Shaun, I like most of your output but not this one I'm afraid.
I'm waiting like all of you for Shawn's card to sealed deck routine that fooled P&T... he said he was going to release but so far...patiently waiting :)
[quote]
On 2012-12-29 20:12, saysold1 wrote:
I'm waiting like all of you for Shawn's card to sealed deck routine that fooled P&T... he said he was going to release but so far...patiently waiting :)
[/quote]

That's not an issue at all. So now we all have the Opportunity to think about it and to try to do the same Effect as he showed:) BTW: a beautiful performance shawn.

I watched the trailer twice and can exactly reproduce it. the first time I had no clue. this one works definetly closeup very well.

let you know how it works, ok? I will appriciate to review it before we all know if it will be released:)

best to all and have fun with brainstorming
Signed card to sealed deck..when is the release dateeeeeeeee?
Hi everyone,

A friend pointed me to this thread tonight and I thought I'd clear up a few things for those asking questions or voicing concerns. This post may be a little long...

First this wallet isn't for everyone. It's for the person that wants to carry a tool on them at all times that is more than a playing card to wallet using the standard card to impossible location plot. John C asked "so there aren't any "no palm" wallets on the market?". Of course there are John, I am not promoting this as a no palm C2W as there are plenty of those available, like Tom Mullica's. Yes, you can do it without a palm but it can be used with one too. That's not a feature I am promoting.

This is a wallet that takes the C2W in another direction. Away from the odd wallets with zipper compartments, envelopes, and such. Away from the "I've had in my wallet since last night…" and instead presenting it as the magical appearance of a card in a previously empty wallet. A wallet that can be shown empty and handed to a spectator to discover the card. A wallet that can be used to magically make your business card, credit card or hotel room key appear… I am no expert and don't claim to be, but I could not find a wallet designed to be shown empty and then make a signed card magically appear inside. I welcome direction to such a wallet.

C2W is a real man's style hip wallet with a standard money clip addition that separates your credit cards from the cash. I use it daily and I have found it to be just what I needed. I know some people mentioned a coin area, but I don't carry coins in my wallet. Canada uses a dollar and two dollar coin but I think you will be hard pressed to find a man open a "coin compartment" on their wallet in my country. I concede this is probably not the case in other regions of the world and that's cool. I designed this for me and I live in North America. I use it however in Asia, the UK and EU and have fit the majority of bills inside easily. British 50£ notes were a little too wide as were the higher Euro's, but I don't carry large bills often.

Geggy and Mark Chandaue had concern about the 3♠ logo inside, but it really goes unnoticed and in fact I had to work really hard to light it for the video to make it obvious. I use it as a secondary prediction sometimes, often as a blister effect and many times draw no attention to it and it goes by without notice. Even if noticed, a spade is a very common logo design in modern fashions these days.

I response to gdw's wondering about if I go into detail on the DVD about my motivated deck and wallet meeting, yes, I do explain this in detail as it is something I have used for decades with great success. On the DVD there is also a bonus .pdf of my original card in wallet using the sleeve that has garnered great reviews. This method used the same motivate move and can in fact be used with this wallet to discover a secondary card, or in fact the same card a second time while held in the spectators hand.

As to the excited comments of Merc Man. Really? Have we reached that point in magic where we no longer need to create new props and just work on presentations alone for the one we currently own. Wow, if that were truly the case where would magic be in a just a few years? We can always devise other ways to do similar effects. I am the first to champion effect over method and I don't think anyone will dispute that I strive to create presentations and routines over tricks. C2W is a tool to do many routines and not just a card to impossible location plot. I'll reply to your "quick couple of questions"

"HOW is this more magical than having the card appear inside a zippered compartment, sealed envelope, etc." - well I don't recall every owing a normal wallet with a zipper or carrying around an envelope with a playing card in it before, so I guess that makes those plots less magical just by nature of the fact they are unnatural to anyone but a magician. If however someone opens a wallet and showed it empty and then a moment later a card was discover inside… well I guess that would be more magical.

"There are already a raft of no-palm CTW's already on the market. To this end, WHAT exactly is this bringing new to the party; other than having the card rather unconvincingly appear loose in the wallet? You've more or less taken the trick back to the days of Robert Houdin!" - Once again I must stress I did not set out to create a "no palm" C2W. I set out to create a way to make a card, business card, key card, message, coin, etc appear magically in a previous empty wallet. Something that I do believe was not available… even in Houdin's time…

As for the filming of the trailer I did not want to over produce it and in fact wanted to be transparent enough to allow knowledgable magicians to see the working behind the wallet. I don't think I am alone in my distaste for the current trend of video trailers that don't really show their effect, cut away from the moves, or in fact don't really do the effect at all. I wanted you to see what was needed to do the effect, but still do it well enough that layman would not. I struggled with this decision and ultimately decided to do what I thought was fair for the people who trust in me and the material I have offered to the magic community.

In closing it was not my intention in this reply to appear defensive or argumentative. I hope I have not come across this way in my reply. I just wanted to make certain I was clear on what I was offering and why. I once again will concede this wallet will not be for everyone, which is why there are so many others available on the market. All I can tell you is those that have seen it in action live, have given it rave reviews. I love it, but I'm bias, lol. Penguin Magic has a worldwide exclusive on my C2W and there is in fact a very limited stock.

Thanks for all those that said constructive things both positively and negatively about my C2W. I can only grow from both praise and criticism. That's what make the Magic Café such a great place…

Sincerely,

-shawn

p.s. I have my cups and balls and NetTricks to release as well as that signed card thingy in 2013... I've temporarily retired from lecture touring and have turned down a lot of overseas work to get these projects off my table and into your hands before 2014... thanks for your patience.
For those worried about the load or the fact the card only appears loose in the wallet, here's an idea. I have no idea if it's on the DVD. IF not, I can film an insert for you, Shawn ;-)

Have the card signed, show it around and switch it as you place it on a table. Bring out the wallet and explain you will try to get their card (on the table ;-) ) into your wallet. Maybe the hand is quicker than the eye? Place the wallet aside. Do what needs to be done. Return 'their card' to the deck or do whatever you like to make it vanish. Re-cap how the wallet was empty as it went down on the table and now show their card has arrived.o

If there is a perceived problem or issue with a product, try to see if you can work it to your advantage.
Bravo Shawn, great ideas in this. Another card to wallet? That is like saying "another coin trick?" A Classic plot in magic will be revisited for decades to come. I think this year alone I saw the release of at least 20 wallets, and why not? Some released just to sell another product, most crap, but some gems. Not everything in magic is for everyone. This is the release of Shawns' brand of thinking, which I always love to see, and I like the way he thinks. Creators create, critics critique, and most ane not even qualified to do so. The evils of chat boards, but open discussion breeds new handlings and approaches once you sift out "the world according to Garp crap". Big wallets, hip wallets, to each his own. Palm, No Palm, in the real world what does that matter? This will find a place, a good one.
Thank you Shawn for a very detailed explanation that was not required, and that most creators would not have bothered making at all. And another "Thank you" to Jon for your suggestion that adds a nice nuance to Shawn's routine.

I must say that I have yet to be let down by any of Shawn's products, and though I had previously sworn off any new magic wallet purchases for a long time (i have far too many as it is -I could open a wallet store!), this one just might have to be an exception. (Dammit!)

Thanks again.

Jim
Shawn,

Thanks for your detailed response to our questions.

However, I have to come back with a few points.

First and foremost, my apologies for getting this trick confused as simply being a 'card to wallet' trick when you state that it isn't necessarily a card to wallet trick - despite referring to it as C2W around half a dozen times within your own reply. The demo also indicates that it's a signed card to wallet trick. :confused:

If you are saying that this is a wallet that can be shown empty, handed to the spectator then the card appears - then sorry, that isn't a new plot. Dick Himber was doing this self same thing with his wallet way back in the late 1950's.

You've never seen a wallet with a zipper? Really? I can't say that you are wrong; suffice to say that you may have done, but just not noticed it. I personally haven't seen one that works in the style of your wallet (with notes kept in a different external flap)......maybe I just haven't noticed it either.

As for a chosen card simply appearing loose within a wallet. This version IS actually an effect created by Robert Houdin. Translated, it is actually called 'card to pocket book' and the trick is outlined within the 1881 Hoffman translation of Houdin's book - The Secrets of Stage Conjuring' (originally titled 'Magie et Physique Amusante'). The card is basically copped, the previously shown empty wallet is held longways on the palm (on top of the card), and as you just lift one side of the wallet open, you slide the card from underneath to give the impression it was inside all along.

To this end, the road leading in the 'other direction' that you are referring to has already been trodden by others before.

I wish you luck with it but it just isn't personally my cup of tea. The magic marketplace is awash with wallets - I can think of at least seven new ones this year alone off the top of my head - all doing more or less the same thing.

Sorry mate, I just don't see what is new here.
I’m not all that crazy about this particular trick, but that’s just my personal opinion. However, I don’t see any issue with the type of wallet being used as it is very similar to the type of wallet that I’ve been using for about the past thirty years or more, and the [i]only[/i] type of wallet that I will purchase albeit they are somewhat difficult to find in stores but are easily found on the Internet. As a matter of fact, I really like the style of this particular wallet and would love to have one... but not for the trick. ;)

[img]http://www.bonsaichat.net/gallery/data/506/wallet.jpg[/img]
I just have to voice my opion here on this..first off I buy a new wallet every year and every year I pay the same price for one, the brand is important to me...and I pay what Shawns asking for this wallet to the dollar maybe more as I like to buy Harley Davidson for two reasons,,,the Quality and the Branding, I love the Harley Logo. Now as a Magician..i have to say this is of same Quality...it has this Magical Branding inside..so I say WHY THE HECK NOT BUY THIS...would I use this..sure I would why not!
I have seen Magicians with rings...key chains...and even pins that have some logo that says HEY IM A MAGICIAN...so whats the difference here? I think Shawn said it all in his post here...its not for everyone..but it is a beautiful looking wallet for Magicians to own...at least here in CANADA EH..LOL
As a full time pro who earns an executive income performing magic, and has for over 20 years, I love this wallet for several reasons:
It is a useful and practical wallet. I don't like most wallets that have no clip to hold bills- this one does. I dislike how most wallets don't hold enough credit cards, this one does. The design of this wallet is very professional and sleek and one I will be proud to this take out at Corporate Gigs. This is a wallet for the working pro, or magicians who perform in the real world. I have seen Shawn perform this to real people in the real world and the reaction is fantastic. People were talking about it hours later. "My card appeared in his wallet!!"
What more can you ask for in an effect?
And the three of spades logo takes it to a new level - like a designer logo and yet a practical prediction as well. You could have a card chosen and signed, and while the card is being signed, force the 3 of spades (YFM) on another spectator. While you reveal the three of spades embossed, and done properly, showing the wallet with your thumb over the three, and then sliding it off like you are printing it, is a great effect. (Yup - I saw Shawn do that too and it got great reactions as well), you load the signed card. Hand the wallet to that person, rifle or flourish and the card appears in the just shown empty wallet. This is only one of a myriad of ideas presented when you have a clever, classy product on you at all times. thanks so much Shawn! You continue to release top quality magic effects designed for the workers in the world. This is probably not a good buy for those who sit and do magic in front of the computer to post on Youtube, or who perform for the same small group of people all the time, but for real workers who earn an income working in the real world, it is dynomite! And you can carry T2P in it! (and if you perform for real people and don't do T2P, then you must not want to do incredible magic!) So with the release of C2W, I say thanks once again Shawn Farquhar for sharing an incredible magic trick. This is an effect that you will see pros using on TV just like T2P. Why? Because the magic is top notch, the routining is so smooth and professional and the product is eloquent. Sorry if this sounds like a commercial, but again, as a full time worker who performs at Corporate events all over the world, I have a little understanding of what works in the real world. And I hate to see a wonderful product released by a great magician get bashed around. this is a great wallet! I will fry many people with it over the next few years. If you don't want to, that's okay by me! Thanks Shawn for 'Keepin' the Magic Alive'
Can confirm that here in Canada it is rare to see a zippered compartment in a mans wallet for coins. Typically the only ones who have them are the ladies in their purses.

That being said despite some of the negativity about the product this is the first wallet I have not been excited about, but aroused for (not seriously). Will be picking it up as soon as it comes out!
Oh, I like the idea of producing your business card, or perhaps you're at the checkout and you can find your credit card, show maybe that you have NO cash, or maybe just not enough, and then the credit card appears. All motivated in that context.
[quote]
On 2012-12-29 19:37, MJ Marrs wrote:
Two nice aspects of this wallet, it seems to me, is that it doesn't scream magic prop and the reset is instantaneous.
[/quote]Personally I thought this screamed magic prop more than any other wallet I've seen.
[quote]
On 2012-12-30 13:17, Eric Bedard wrote:

And I hate to see a wonderful product released by a great magician get bashed around…
[/quote]

I don’t think that anyone here is actually “bashing” the wallet Eric, but simply being somewhat cautious, and rightfully so, considering the [i][b]plethora[/b][/i] of wallets that are released on what seems to be a yearly basis. Personally, I like this type of wallet as it is the type of wallet I use for everyday use, but in all honesty, and in [i]my[/i] opinion, I just don’t see anything here that is all that innovative, and or new. I am in no way shape or form trying to imply that Shawn is not a [i]very[/i] innovative and talented magician, which of course he obviously is, but you’ll have to admit that your endorsement/post is quite [i]strong[/i], as it were (considering that it is your first post), and also plugging Shawn’s T2P (which I have) whilst doing so.

Also, and for what it’s worth, I totally agree with many of Shawn’s points and opinions about many of the wallets that have been coming out, i.e. those with a zippered coin compartment in them. I’m 65, and I’ve never seen a wallet with a zippered compartment, nor would I ever use a wallet to place my coins in, but that’s just me. Then again, there are obviously a lot of things this old guy has never seen.

But, hey... if this is the type of wallet and method of producing a card that looks interesting then by all means go for it, and I wish the [i]best[/i] of luck to Shawn with his new release. ;)
Hi again,

Thanks for all the continued feedback.

Jon Allen: The plot you describe is offered on the DVD. It is one I do most often if I am using the wallet as a signed playing card to wallet. Thanks for the offer to film an insert, you're such a great friend.

Craig Dickson: You're always a class act and I don't think there are too many folks that know more about wallet magic!

J-Mac: I was so happy to read that my offerings have never let you down. I try hard to create magic that is for working magicians.

Mark_Chandaue: How does it scream magic prop? It is a very similar in style to a lot wallets in North America? The only thing even slightly magic about it's style is the spade logo. Are you actually saying it looks more like a prop than http://www.cards4magic.co.uk/acatalog/kapsstylewallet.jpg or http://www.cards4magic.co.uk/acatalog/jolbillfoldwallet.JPG These are both well accepted magic wallets and I think they cream magic prop. I guess it's a difference in perspective. Maybe it's a geographical thing? Do other folks in the UK think the C2W wallet looks like a prop?

Merc Man: I don't want this to become an argument, as that's not the purpose of this forum. I concede you have your views and it is not my intention to change it in anyway. If you feel I am offering nothing new, then that's your opinion. I do want to clarify a few points though. Yes, I refer to the wallet as C2W many times, which is Card to Wallet. Not just playing cards, but business cards, credit cards and hotel room cards. I mentioned this list twice in my earlier post to make certain it was clear, but I guess it wasn't as clear as it could have been, sorry. I have owned Himber wallets in the past and was not aware of him using it in the fashion you described. I'll go hunting to find this description now, thanks. As for zippers, I guess I have never noticed and a quick Google only showed me biker/trucker wallets that zipped up the entire wallet and none that showed a zippered area as in most magic wallets. That does not mean they don't exist, just that they are not as common. My design is different, but similar style wallets are common as noted by the post directly beneath your reply. Oh and in regards to Houdin's work, I talk directly to this when I discuss the original "card to pocketbook" in the opening of my DVD. His method, handling and design was in no way similar, but yes the plot is the same as the one I show on the trailer. Odd that it has not been expanded since that time. I would also like to make mention that in the trailer I say that the demonstration is the wallet in "it's most basic form". Once again, thanks for your input and I realized when I released my wallet it would not be for everyone. You are a prime example.

Eric Bedard: Thanks for chiming in with your first post on the Café. For those of you not familiar with Eric's work, he's a top professional in my country. He worked for years on cruise ships as CMD, the "Cool Magic Dude" and continues to do top end events around the globe. I am always thrilled when he posts images of himself on facebook with Pamela Anderson, David Foster, Patti LaBelle and others holding T2P's... I could not help but laugh out loud when my biggest fan, Jamie Ferguson, commented with an implied hmmmm. Yes, Eric is a hug fan of the wallet, he bought three! I also laughed hard at Zombie Magic's "lady's purse" line... thanks for starting my day off with a smile.

I continue to welcome input and thanks again for your interest in C2W.

Cheers,

-shawn
I think Canada and the US are much alike when it comes to wallets and change. I for one have never owned a wallet that had a compartment for coins. I do know from many travels across the pond where coins are used more on a daily basis, those types of wallets are more common. And while I've never owned one, I have seen wallets with a money clip like the one on Shawn's wallet.

Shawn's comments helped clarify a few things for me. No product is for everyone, but it's nice to have options.
[quote]
On 2012-12-30 13:17, Eric Bedard wrote:
As a full time pro who earns an executive income performing magic, and has for over 20 years, I love this wallet for several reasons:
It is a useful and practical wallet. I don't like most wallets that have no clip to hold bills- this one does.[/quote]
These wallets may be common in Canada, I have never seen a wallet like it in the UK. I have seen many wallets that resemble both my Kaps wallet and my espionage wallet. I too was a working pro for many years earning extremely good money and I got by perfectly well with my Kaps wallet.

[quote]This is a wallet for the working pro, or magicians who perform in the real world. I have seen Shawn perform this to real people in the real world and the reaction is fantastic. People were talking about it hours later. "My card appeared in his wallet!!"
What more can you ask for in an effect? [/quote]

How about "My card appeared in his wallet that I was holding the whole time and not only that it was in the zippered compartment and completely sealed between 2 peices of card stapled together on all 4 sides". This was the reaction I got nightly with my Kaps wallet and due to the side steal (curtesy of Ascanio) they were usually convinced that the wallet was in their possesion long before the card vanished from the deck.

[quote]This is probably not a good buy for those who sit and do magic in front of the computer to post on Youtube, or who perform for the same small group of people all the time, but for real workers who earn an income working in the real world, it is dynomite! [/quote]No more so than any of the other wallets on the market, many of which allow far more effects, the Espionage being a case in point.

[quote]And you can carry T2P in it! (and if you perform for real people and don't do T2P, then you must not want to do incredible magic!) [/quote]
I'm not sure what T2P is but I suspect Ascanio and Tamariz and many other people responsible for some of the most incredible magic the world has ever known didn't do T2P.

[quote]Sorry if this sounds like a commercial[/quote] It does

[quote] but again, as a full time worker who performs at Corporate events all over the world, I have a little understanding of what works in the real world.[/quote] As do all of the working pro's using Kaps wallets or JOL wallets or Outlaw Wallets etc etc. Let's not forget the many very talented and knowledgable amateurs and hobbiests. Often on these forums far too much stock is placed on being a "working pro" I was a working pro myself and on the circuit I met many very successful pro's that were using no more than a TT, a Svengali deckand a handful of Eddie Gibson coins, whilst some of the most knowledgable and talented magicians I have been priviledged to meet have been hobbiests who happen to perform (and devise effects) for "real people"(does the average hobbiest perform for cardboard cut outs? I think not!!. The truth is that the average restaurant goer is not a connessoir of fine magic and nor are a lot of bookers. An ability to sell yourself and a handful of decent tricks will get you far more work than a lifetime of skill and technique without an ability to sell of a head for business. Paul Curry was an insurance salesman, John Ramsay was a grocer, Ed Marlo was a machinist, Lou Gallo was a hobbiest, John Carey works on the railways and this list could go on and on. Did the fact that they were not "working pro's" mean they knew less thatn the avrage working pro? Again, I think not!!

Mark
[quote]
On 2012-12-30 19:35, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
Hi again,

Thanks for all the continued feedback.
Mark_Chandaue: How does it scream magic prop? It is a very similar in style to a lot wallets in North America? [/quote]
Unfortunately I am not in North America and I have never seen a wallet remotely like this in the UK. In North America this may not scream prop in the UK it would.

[quote]The only thing even slightly magic about it's style is the spade logo. [/quote]
The spade logo is less of a problem that the extremely unusual (in the UK) external bill flap

[quote]Are you actually saying it looks more like a prop than http://www.cards4magic.co.uk/acatalog/kapsstylewallet.jpg or http://www.cards4magic.co.uk/acatalog/jolbillfoldwallet.JPG These are both well accepted magic wallets and I think they cream magic prop. [/quote]
The Kaps style wallet is very common in the UK in fact my very first Kaps wallet was just a standard store bought wallet that I made a slit in with a stanley knife so that I could use my cheque book as a slide. That wallet was purchased from Woolworths in 1979 and looked extremely close to the one in your photo (and cost a fraction of the price of the one I bought from Ron McMillan in 1982 which I still have to this very day). The JOL wallet is also pretty much identical to the commonly used hip wallet in the UK and can be pcked up in NEXT for about 20 quid, in fact I got my son a wallet like that last Christmas. I don't like the external pocket on the one in your picture but similar coin pockets are not uncommon on UK hip wallets.
[quote] I guess it's a difference in perspective. Maybe it's a geographical thing? [/quote]
My guess is it is geographical, I'm an old fart and I have never seen a wallet like yours in my life until I saw yours. Don't get me wrong it looks lovely but I suspect it will be as alien to the average Brit as it is to me. Mind you I'm not your target market, I've only just upgraded my 30 year old Kaps wallet to an Espionage wallet. I kind of get Merc Man's "not another bloody wallet" sentiment but your wallet has just as much right to release as the miriad ofother wallets and the market will decide where yours sits in the wallet hall of fame. I certainly wish you every success with it.

Mark
[quote]
On 2012-12-30 19:35, Shawn Farquhar wrote:

Mark_Chandaue: How does it scream magic prop? It is a very similar in style to a lot wallets in North America? The only thing even slightly magic about it's style is the spade logo.
-shawn

[/quote]

I'll totally have to agree with you on that Shawn. I just can't fathom what issues some people seem to have with the style of this wallet? I can somewhat understand the problems one may have with the embossed 3S on it, but I think that is a non issue and something that most would never see. Also, and as you pointed out, it can possibly be used as an additional revelation when it is [i]pointed[/i] out, and drawn attention to them. As for it; “screaming magical prop”, I’m at a total loss as how it could be? As I previously mentioned in my earlier post, I’ve been using this similar type of wallet for well over 30 plus years and I’ve never gotten any strange looks from anyone. It is an everyday type of wallet, well, at least in the U.S. as I certainly cannot speak for other countries.
If I had this wallet, I'd force the 3 O' spades, have them sign it, lose it in the deck and tell them "the 3 of spades is now in my wallet". They see the embossed 3, they smile/groan, whatever. Makes a nice relaxed moment for the big reveal.

You'd need a forcing deck to keep doing that. But, it would be fun if you just did once each time you opened a new pack.
Marc,

All good points.
[quote]How about "My card appeared in his wallet that I was holding the whole time and not only that it was in the zippered compartment and completely sealed between 2 peices of card stapled together on all 4 sides". This was the reaction I got nightly with my Kaps wallet and due to the side steal (curtesy of Ascanio) they were usually convinced that the wallet was in their possesion long before the card vanished from the deck. [/quote]

I like the plot you suggest for a television appearance or special one off effect, but to continually do the effect at a party, trade show and such where the audience remains in the vicinity would seem very odd to me. To recount to others that the magician had "2 pieces of card stapled together on all 4 sides" in a zipper compartment and to hear a reply back that the same thing happened to them would be odd, not so magical. It would be more of a puzzle in my mind if it were repeated and recounted by a shared audience. I love the premise of the wallet being shown empty first and the Kaps wallet just doesn't offer this plot. It's just a matter of taste in style and plot structure.

[quote]And you can carry T2P in it! (and if you perform for real people and don't do T2P, then you must not want to do incredible magic!) [/quote] -Eric Bedard
[quote]I'm not sure what T2P is but I suspect Ascanio and Tamariz and many other people responsible for some of the most incredible magic the world has ever known didn't do T2P.[/quote] Marc Chandaue

T2P is my offering of an almost torn and restored photo. It uses an idea originally created by the brilliant Dan Harlan. As for Ascanio he is dead, but his primary student loved it when I showed him in Spain as did Tamariz (whom I consider my Unicorn). It has been given rave reviews around the globe and is something that is easy to learn and perform. T2P can be given many different treatments to develop lots of presentations and various reactions. Eric's enthusiasm did appear to be a commercial, but I have only a couple of dozen DVD's left so I am in no hurry to sell them at the moment... lol

Zombie Magic, I do use the plot you suggested, when I get the boss or high end player involved.

To add to the conversation, I like to always have magic on me that appears organic, for lack of a better phrase. Things like T2P, and Extended Stay were created to fill this need. The C2W wallet was just the natural extension as it not only does magic, but can house all these others in an inconspicuous way... Where else would you put a photo of your loved one and a hotel room key?

-shawn

p.s. Marc, you missed Larry Jennings who was a plumber ... I recall the day he told me that and the shocked look on my face! ;-)
Many forget that about Larry.
Shawn,
I did type up a long response and went to great pains to nicely nest all the quotes correctly and after some 20 mins of typing the iPad browser crashed losing the lot grrrr!!!

I will do my best to remember it all and please excuse me if my hurried typing of a portion of what I originally typed comes across as disrespectful as that isn't my intent. My name is Mark with a K Marc with a C is the French spelling and to an Englishman that's fighting talk :)

The stapled C2W I did in my stand up/parlour/cabaret performances. For trade shows and table hopping I did a standard signed C2W, not because I believe that you should only do a trick to one table or it becomes a puzzle, purely for speed of reset and because it would have been to much aggro to set up a dozen or more stapled cards per night. I find your comment about only doing a trick once at a table hopping or strolling gig or it ceases to be magical quite strange. Whilst I would vary my set for adjoining tables at a restaurant (because often while working one table to close by tables would be watching too) I would repeat the same tricks many times to different tables and I don't think diners from different tables got together after their meal to compare notes about the magician.. Likewise at trade shows I would do the pen through coin countless times giving the coin away still solidly impaled on the pen (which just happened to have my contact details engraved on it). Having seen this trick they would then show their pen with coin to all and sundry who would seek me out to see the effect and get their souvenir pen ( thanks to Michael Ammar for this way of getting spectators to want your contact details and to show them to their friends). I don't believe it became less magical though many people seeing it and discussing it amongst themselves any more than your performance on P&T Fool us became less magical by being seen by millions who would have each discussed seeing you do the same effect.

As far as showing the wallet empty, if that's a requirement of the routine you perform then certainly your wallet is the way to go. For me there is no requirement to show the wallet empty because in the routine I perform the spectator is convinced they are holding their card in one hand and the wallet in the other so regardless of whether the wallet is empty or no,t in the spectators mind their card cannot be in the wallet so there is no need to show the wallet empty. I'm not being chased so I ain't running. Ascanio's side steal (from his lecture on palming cards if memory serves me correctly) is so beautiful and so clean that the spectator is convinced that their card is still in the deck in their hands when they are handed the wallet. The card is only made to disappear after they have the wallet in their hand so why would they care what is in the wallet at the point it is handed to them.

One ruse I used with a lot of success was to tell them to shuffle the deck and keep hold of it and don't let go. Then after I had taken out the wallet, handed it to them and wagered the contents that I could find their card I would take back the deck and say "The card went into the middle of the pack, you shuffled the cards, would you be impressed if I could find your card in less than 5 seconds?" This would usually get an affirmative response, I'd fan the cards faces towards me and pull out a card and say "It's really easy when it has "John Smith" written across the face like this one!! Now you know why I told you not to let go. Lets start again, the card goes into the middle, here take them, shuffle them and this time don't nake it easy for me by letting go". Because of the signature and I looked at the faces to find it no-one ever questioned that it was their card even though I never showed the face. They would laugh at the gag and be convinced their card was in the middle of the deck and I'm clean as a whistle.

As far as Larry Jennings, not so much forgot as the point had been made, the list of others we could add is both long and distinguished.

Mark (with a K :))
Oh and I ment to include that no doubt T2P is a wonderful effect but my point really was that the statement that anyone who does not perform T2P does not want to do great magic was both inaccurate and somewhat condescending.
Hi Mark,

First, sorry to have mis-spelled your name. It was not intentional and most likely the C of your last name drew my eye and my slow brain did the rest.

I love the ruse you described. That would be a lot of fun and quite convincing for the after story.

In regards to the repeating an effect. I wasn't suggesting it at table hopping at all. I wrote party, trade shows and such. Of course it would be perfectly acceptable where the guests are less likely to mingle with other guests such as a restaurant. I am a bit too lazy to do so much prep work though to get to the effect you desire. I too did repeat of effects at trade shows that left the spectator with a souvenir, but they just by their nature were more puzzle than magic.

I think the point I am failing to explain well, is that this C2W wallet I am offering is not just to do a signed card in wallet. That is in fact the most basic effect possible as I stated in the trailer. The possibilities to use it with hotel key cards and business cards is exciting to me. I love that I can open my wallet when a business card is requested and feign disappointment that I no longer have any left due to high demand. Then with a magical gesture, make one appear, just for them of course. Others might use it to make a signed bill magically appear after it has been destroyed by fire. Heck, the possibilities are endless. It's all about the fact the wallet can be shown empty and then something appears.

Thanks for your reply and struggling to do it after the iPad crashed...

Cheers,

-shawn
Haha Shawn,
Believe me I was also far too lazy to do the prep work for the stapled C2W which is why for table hopping etc I would do standard C2W, the stapled bit was reserved for a stand-up shows where it would be at most twice night and more commonly once. The prep only about 2 mins and it was reset time that was the bigger factor than prep time.

I don"t think you are failing to get across the merits of your wallet, it clearly does what it sets out to acheive very well I have just enjoyed the discussion with you and whilst you won't necessarily have my custom on this specific product you most certainly have both my respect and my hand in friendship for what either are worth.

Mark
Mark,

I got into magic for the fun and have stayed for the friendships. I can't think of another hobby or profession that so easily accepts another into the fold. Last year I spent over 200 days aways from home, but fewer than five without a friend... that's a great gift and it's worth more than anything, except family. Thanks for the great comments and all the best to you and yours for the New Year ... -shawn
It seems clear to me from the comments so far (and the fact that I am from the UK) that this type of wallet is fairly commonplace in the US/Canada but not so in the UK. I'm 42 and have never seen anything like it before. Similarly, due to the amount of coinage we use in the UK, wallets with internal zipperered compartments are commonplace, not so in the US/Canada where low value bills are common (although I believe in Canada they use both one and two dollar coins). It's a nice looking wallet and I like the fact that the card appears after the wallet has been shown empty, however, due to the fact that it looks like an ordinary UK style hip wallet I personally will be getting my hands on Harry Robson's new Hands Off Wallet.
Hey there Shawn. Your biggest fan here.

I would love it if you could reply to this when you have the time.

Your wallet does look good, and I have already purchased another wallet recently so I cannot spend more money *I wish I could but I'm only 16*.

However, this question is completely off the radar, but when will you be releasing, (if you are), the trick which fooled P&T - the signed card in sealed deck.

I have seen other tools on the market such as the Extractor which is capable of doing something similar but I just don't like it as its too messy for me. Hoping for your reply.
For those who scream magician prop: the wallet seems examinable, I know it doesn't matter since suspicion is enough to weaken an effect, but at least you can have them holding it...
[quote]
On 2012-12-31 12:53, paperinick wrote:
For those who scream magician prop: the wallet seems examinable, I know it doesn't matter since suspicion is enough to weaken an effect, but at least you can have them holding it...
[/quote]

I don't know any magician who would let someone examine their wallet!

best,
Sean
[quote]
On 2012-12-31 13:40, Sean Giles wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-12-31 12:53, paperinick wrote:
[/quote]

I don't know any magician who would let someone examine their wallet!

best,
Sean
[/quote]

And for a good old quote from the past on this:

[quote]"Ending a trick by having an examination phase is weak theater"

-Gary Ouellet
[/quote]

:bg:

Jim
Mr. Ouellet was right on the money. Even if a trick is examinable, I usually never just hand stuff out. I personally feel the only time it really matters is when it's the last trick of your set. Nice to be able to say, "Thank you, folks," and then leave the prop you just used on the table for them to examine if they wish.

Or, if you are trying to establish something as being test conditions, in which case you can hand the thint out before the trick starts.

But handing out items after a trick slows everything down and is just boring for everyone else.

Examination is overrated.

End of rant. :)
[quote]
Examination is overrated.
[/quote]

So true Cameron. I used to work at a magic shop, back in the day, and it drove me crazy the number of times I heard things like "can it be examined", "does it end clean" and other great lines that were their way of asking... "will I get caught doing the trick". My reply was always the same. If one doesn't present magic as a challenge or puzzle, rarely will anyone ever care to examine the props. The exception is an ending with an impossible object that just by it's nature is a puzzle meant to be questioned.

Libertus, welcome to the Café. You will find that reading through the threads is worth your time, most of the time. You will soon learn who's posts to ignore and who's posts can help to guide you on your journey.

-shawn
Shawn, your site says this is sold out. Any idea if you're going to have more made?

Thanks,

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I am sold out and there are no plans at this time to manufacture more due to my schedule. The good news is that Penguin Magic bought a limited supply from me as soon as I announced C2W. They now basically have a worldwide exclusive on C2W and will soon be releasing it to their customers. Best I can tell you is to contact Penguin and ask to be notified when they begin sales. They have a limited stock and if my sales were any indication, it won't last long. I sold out in 28 hours! Wasn't expecting that, I can tell you... I wasn't expecting to pay nearly $300 in stamps to ship them today either!!!!

-shawn
Shawn, thanks for the update. I'll keep a watch on the Penguin site.

Best of everything in 2013!
Wow, I never meant it should be handed out for examination... :) But nice to have stirred some nice thoughts!
I am sorry I didn't realize it was already for sale... how much was it selling for?
Hi paperinick,

Although I have sold out on my stock of C2W, it is going to be offered again via Penguin for a limited time for $99.95. As an added bonus I have prepared a special extras package for them to give out to the first few buyers. It will include a CD-Rom of my lecture notes "Bread & Butter", a bonus sleeve insert for the wallet to use for an additional routine, a download video of a cool idea and the chance to be entered in a draw for an hour Skype session to learn the ins and outs of the C2W wallet.

Happy New Year to everyone here on the Café...

-shawn
Thank you Shawn!!
Just ordered. Anything from Shawn is gold..
[quote]
On 2013-01-02 02:54, AaronishMagic wrote:
Just ordered. Anything from Shawn is gold..
[/quote]

Don't know how you "Just Ordered" as Penguin do not have it listed yet

Must be Magic !
Great question Martin.Lester. He may have been on my special list. I allowed a few folks the opportunity to order them from a limited supply, in advance of the Penguin release, to say thanks for their support over the years. Not sure though, as he's using a pseudonym. Penguin customer will be happy to know I am giving them a few bonus items too. I made up a few bonus packages that are worth over $40 to say thanks for my first ever release with Penguin. I couldn't make a lot of them, but I did just mail them enough to make a few folks happy...

-shawn
Just received! Great wallet! ....but not the cd ROM with the lecture. Snif snif snif ;-)
Still anxiously waiting for the postman to deliver my post Xmas gift :)
Penguin Magic just told me they will go live with their C2W launch tomorrow, January 15th. Lots of extras included for FREE to make it even more exciting. So for all my friends and fans who missed out on the first batch... here's your chance. No excuse if you email me next week complaining that you didn't get a C2W! ... and now back to sleeping on the couch, as I am so sick...

Randy, I hope your delivery by dog sled has arrived by now...

-shawn
Was hoping that my "Slicker than snot on a doorknob" quote would get used in advertising so I might get tossed one. Now I have to order. Looks fantastic.
Pepka,

It was certainly a great quote.
In fact they asked me to obtain a number of quotes from well known magicians and I said I already had great quotes from great people:

"This wallet is just gorgeous --- I want to marry it" - Daniel Ulin
"The Wallet is the Best" - Ali Nouria (creator of Steam)
"Slicker than snot on a door knob" - Pepka
"Freaking awesome" - Sean Bogunia (creator of … well you know…)
"Well worth the price!!!" - Chris Yuill
"Best Close-up/Parlor trick to come along in years!" - Eric Bedard
"Very slick!" - Ryan Pilling (author of Finding the Funny)

Ok, most of you will know some, others will know all, some may know none ... but when it really comes down to it... a wallet is one of the most personal things a man can buy for himself and it's all about personal taste.

I sure wish I could have just tossed you one, but I don't even have a spare one!
Thanks again for such a wonderful quote that put a huge smile on my face...

-shawn
Only teasing Shawn! I'm just glad you liked the quote. Best of luck with the wallet!
Well the one legged dog sled mail delivery finally got the wallet here...WELL worth the wait. EXACTLY what I wanted. I have done magic for 20 years and unlike most magicians I don't have a drawer full of wallets because I didn't find one that fit what I wanted...until now. C2W was worth the 20 year wait for me, can't wait to add a card to wallet that suits me and will blow the socks off my audiences! Thanks Shawn!
Looks very different than the other ones out there. I like it!
I just got this recently mostly out of curiosity and because card to wallet is one of my favorite routines. I've got the Forbes Portfolio, Barry Price, Escolano, etc. Shawn's wallet is very nice. One can tell upon first glance and opening it that no expense was spared in creating a high quality wallet. The handling will take a little practice to get down smooth, but it's nothing knuckle-breaking. I really like the compact size of the wallet, so I've been carrying it in my front pocket. It won't replace my larger card to wallets which I use during gigs, because I am already set with my Mullica and card-to-envelope routines; but I may carry it around daily in order to have the option of doing card to wallet when I am out and about. I prefer a standard pocket for cash with my daily wallet, so the clip for the bills in this wallet will probably be the perfect place for my Extreme Burn to live, instead of my "real" money for daily expenses.

Best,
MJ
Hey Everyone,

Randy, great to hear the Canada postal system finally delivered your C2W wallet! Thanks so much for the wonderful review. Twenty years is a long time to wait but I totally get the principle. I have an illusion I have been developing for more that 20 years and just the other night I had an epiphany ... it's back into the shop this week to get working on prototype number 10.

MJ Mars, Thanks for the review too. I am happy to read it will find a place in your magic too. Yes, it will take a bit of practice but like you said it's not a knuckle buster.

Pepka, I knew you were teasing...

-shawn
I just received C2W. I really like it! Top quality wallet, top quality instruction.

Yes, the wallet is a bit different from most standard wallets, but many people use different types of wallets. It is not uncommon for some people to use a money clip, and this wallet just looks like a combination wallet and money clip. I have no issue with the wallet, and the quality is superb. I also found the DVD to be very well made. After seeing the DVD, I would think that one might find a different wallet that would do the job if you don't like the money clip portion. There are wallets that have a similar extra flap for ID.

I would certainly recomment C2W to anyone as the wallet works well and the DVD concept could be applied to different wallets if they are designed correctly. I have seen wallets on the market that would also work. I really learned a great deal from the DVD.

As for participants questioning any part of the wallet, I really don't think so. I think performers who perform a lot realize that if an effect is well thought out and well rehearsed, spectators/participants aren't going to care about the wallet itself. It is just a fun moment. No need to get caught up in such scrutiny. I think this whole thing shouts of running when not being chased.

My package came with a card to wallet bonus and a bread & butter bonus that I haven't even gotten to yet.

Anyway, nice work, thanks Shawn.

KJ
I'm only involved in the magic community a couple of years and I virtually never post anything on the Café. I usually just read what the more experienced have to say. I just received my C2W by Shawn Farquhar and I think it is one of the best investments I've made in magic for the time I'm involved (and I've spent quite a bit). The wallet is incredibly easy to use, it's handling, I find, is totally natural. It is well designed with proper placement of pockets and can hold and easy 2 hours of performing if it is loaded correctly. Not only are there pockets for a number of credit card and photo type effects (I put in Shawn's "Extended Stay", and "Torn to Pieces"), but there are vertical pockets behind as well. The taller "Powerball 60" cards fit perfectly in one and you can put in a number of Paul Carnazzo's mentalism cards without the wallet even feeling overloaded. A number of bill effects can be placed under the flap for where the cash goes, however at least for me, "Extreme Burn 2.0" had a tendency to flash the hidden bills every time the flap was opened. That doesn't mean though that it may not work well for another bill change routine. This isn't the only wallet I own. I have 2 Outlaw Effects wallets and those are great for what they are designed for, Versa-dex by Larry Becker, the Aleph wallet and the F1 Nitro, so I'm not unfamiliar with what is out there. The C2W is perfect for carrying around without much bulk and having on you more than you would want to perform at one time without feeling loaded down. For me,and what I do daily, this is the one wallet I would have with me all the time. In addition, it can be used as an everyday wallet but in the New York - New Jersey area, I would rather keep my money hidden in a bill fold and carry this exclusively for what I've discussed. By the way, it looks just as normal as any other wallet I've mentioned if not more so. I hope this review clarifies it for some, thanks for taking the time to read this.

SS
Hi KJ1 and lands10,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the C2W wallet. I just saw Penguin has some nice reviews too. Kind of makes me happy to see folks who have bought the C2W are using it and not putting it in the "magic drawer"... I have a huge drawer full of stuff I never used that I thought would be grand. In fact I have a garage full, lol. Anyways, thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

-shawn
Saw a bit of the video. Just wondering if the lefty/righty thing might be a problem. In other words, I'm right handed, but I handle the deck with my right hand also, unlike most other right handed magicians.
Can I use the wallet transformer with this wallet? Or would that just create a rip in the space / time continuum?
Hi WesleyBryan, sorry I didn't see your question sooner. There is a local pro in my magic circle who is a lefty when it comes to cards. It was a bit of a challenge but he was able to make it work for him. I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but he does it well, but it did take a bot of reworking his handling. Great question.

barst185 I'd not seen Cameron Francis's Wallet Transformer before tonight. It's a beautiful effect and if I am correct on his method, wow, good idea. I think Cameron will have to answer your question, but I think it is possible, and if your concerned about the space/time continuum... maybe it's better not to... ;-)

-shawn
[quote]
On 2013-03-16 13:47, barts185 wrote:
Can I use the wallet transformer with this wallet? Or would that just create a rip in the space / time continuum?
[/quote]

I don't think so. Shawn's wallet ( which looks GREAT from the photo/demo ) has the credit card slots going vertical and for Cameron's WT, they need to go horizontal to where the paper money is kept.

[img]http://images.penguinmagic.com/images/products/medium/6342a-50e70093b727a.png[/img]
Hey Zombie Magic,

In the demo Cameron showed the card also being revealed from a vertical slot at the top of the wallet and as you can see by the photo you included, there is one of those on each side at the top. I'm not saying I know for certain and will hope Cameron will contribute to this thread and let us all know... because if it can be used... I'm adding it for fun! I have attached the image as seen in his trailer: (at least I hope it's being added...as I have never done an attachment in the Café before, fingers crossed)

-shawn

Oh Wesley, I hope the video I sent you helps you with the handling.
See the power of showing a photo! A picture is worth...

Shawn, marrying Cameron's WT and your wallet would be fantastic. The beauty of Cameron's effect is that you can open the wallet and NOT see the playing card. So you could do your routine and while putting the wallet away, instantly set Cameron's WT for a a second reveal. The same card, or do two different spectators.

Shawn, I really like the look of your wallet.
Hey Zombie Magic,

I wasn't aware that with the Wallet Transformer you could open and not see the card and set while putting the wallet away. That's a bonus. Glad you like the look of the C2W wallet. I am really happy with the response it has gotten from those that bought it and have started to use it. The cool comments that keep coming in make my day. Wesley question above was interesting with the left hand challenge, but I made him a short video of an alternate handling that will make it work for him too. Wait till you see the new item to add to the wallet that I will release next called Clean Swipe... with C2W, Extended Stay, T2P and Clean swipe I'll have an evening of walk around in my hip pocket... just add cards, lol.

-shawn
[quote]
On 2013-03-20 03:50, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
Hey Zombie Magic,

I wasn't aware that with the Wallet Transformer you could open and not see the card and set while putting the wallet away. That's a bonus.
[/quote]

That's the way I've routined it. I take out the wallet and open it and there is no card, put it down ( you set it easily as you close it ) and then when it's reopened...THERE IS A CARD! It overcomes an obstacle Joseph Bemelman wrote about introducing props ( card to wallet ) later in the routine. Now it's on the table and has been shown empty before a card has been chosen.

Shawn, I'm known as one of the great creators/performers in the magic world, but the jealous "political machine" of the more powerful have kept me unknown. But, like Dracula, I will one day rise!

Count Alucard
Ha, love your reference to Tommy.. When I created C2W it was to overcome the introduction of the prop late in a routine too. Hope one day the sun will shine brightly on you "Count Alucard".

-shawn
Does anyone know if it is possible to carry a bill packet trick like extreme burn 2.0 or prophet by Tom Isaacson in the C2W?

---
Dante
I just put my Hundi 500 in the wallet and it fits perfectly. I've got way to many wallets and I'll let mine go if anyone is interested.
Anybody here know if this trick that Shawn perform at 1:44 in this video: https://youtu.be/OjqbHEngjOA?t=1m44s use the C2W? Did you explain this on dvd? Work with any card?

Thanks!
Rodrigomc2000 said
Anybody here know if this trick that Shawn perform at 1:44 in this video: https://youtu.be/OjqbHEngjOA?t=1m44s use the C2W? Did you explain this on dvd? Work with any card?

I think this is the effect 'Photo Cell' by Paul Gertner accomplished using the 'WOW gimmick'
see here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=325810&start=40
Rodrigomc2000, this is not 'Photo Cell' by Paul Gertner. This is a commercial effect that I have bought and placed into my C2W wallet. I will share this idea with all registered owners of the C2W who will be given an opportunity to buy the gimmick at below retail price to add to their wallets as well. It's my way of helping those that own my products. It's pretty cool, yes?

Cheers,

Shawn
@Shawn Farquhar this is awesome ;) did you know when it will be available ?
I am away on tour in Spain until March 15th but continue to negotiate the price with the supplier. All C2W owners will get an email soon so most will have it before the end on March, 2018.

-shawn
Cool! I was on the video from the Magi-Fest!

At the Magi-Fest, I bought the commercial effect (actually 2 of them) that Shawn used in the C2W in the video above and watched him perform it live at Magi-Fest. As soon as I got home, I ordered the wallet. I now have it and use it as my daily wallet, but haven't have watched the video yet. I know the basic handling, but I need to practice to get more comfortable with the handling before actually performing with it. I think watching the video will help too.

It is a really well made wallet that I'm sure I will use for many years. Heck, I am considering buying 1 or 2 more just so I have spares years down the road when/if this one wears out.