(Close Window)
Topic: Leaking passe-passe and multiplying bottles
I know this is the workshop, not the repair shop. Still it seemed the best place to post this.

I have several sets of passe-passe bottles and multiplying bottles. Every one of the pour bottles leaks. Has anybody else fixed leaky bottles? If so, how?

Any help will be appreciated.
Assuming this is where the partition is soldered to the bottle itself, I'd suggest caulking that joint with anything that serves to waterproof. This can be as simple as silicone caulk, or even a marine grade epoxy like PC-11. I have even used PC-7, which is not graded for submersion, to repair a leaky dishwasher and the bond lasted for many years.
My pour bottle of my multiplying bottles once leaked. I had to replace my cork. I wonder if this might be your problem?
Mike is right, just seal it up. Used Gorilla Glue on mine.
This might be overkill, but if it leaks in more than one place you could try Gas Tank Sealer. POR 15 makes some at about $12.00 for a 8 Oz can. http://www.por15.com/US-STANDARD-TANK-SEALER/productinfo/TSG/
Thanks to all. I think I've got the problem solved.
What was your solution?
I poured some Varathane polyurethane into the top portion, then poured it out. Let it cure. I'm going to apply two more "coats." These were very small leaks. And I don't know how long this will last. I then used Mr. Baker's suggestion and used silicone caulk on the top of the bottom portion. So the shelf is sealed from both sides.