(Close Window)
Topic: Need some Black Rubber Bands, size 33 and 34
A trick I have uses a black rubber band - size 33 or 34, 1/8" wide, 1/32" thick. These are pretty standard sizes. The band is wearing out, and I need a supply.

Finding the size is no problem. FInding them in black is the trouble. I did find a place that could supply, but they require a 200 minimum (I may ask them to have mercy on me!).

If anyone knows of a source, I would appreciate it.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for you, Chessmann.
Chessman,
Try "Bigwig Rubber Bands".
My Ipad doesn't show the URL but you can search for them.
They seem to have a large assortment in black and they say they can send samples.
Here it is .
http://bigwigbands.com/page/rubber-band-size-color-chart/
Can you color a dark blue band with a black marking pen? I haven't tried it, but it might solve the problem.
Thanks, everyone - and Ihor for the link! I'll look at that today.

I have thought about coloring bands, but didn't have any regular ones to test with! Have to go out and get some!
Big Wig Bands replied - they sell them in 25 lb. cases only. Asked if they could do a one-off with me, but didn't respond to that. They did refer me, though, to Keener Rubber in Alliance, OH. Got a request off to them.

Also have a request in to Alliance Rubber Co. Their selection is massive, but I didn't see black. You just enter in the size and type, and then your zip code, and the site lists stores in your area that carry them. Hopefully, some nice person will say, "Oh, let's just send him a handful." :)
One more idea for you: bicycle inner tubes. Go to a bicycle repair shop (or the neighborhood kids) and ask for some inner tubes they are going to throw out, and then cut them into rubber bands. I don't know if you'll get the size you need, though.
Interesting idea, Jim!

Had someone from Keener Rubber company call back and leave a message with me. Said they thought they could accommodate me. Let you know what happens.

Meantime, I did use a thick, big sharpie on a standard rubber band and it worked quite well. The ink is a bit uneven, but I don't think that is something that will be noticed. So that is definitely an option.
Just spoke to a VERY nice lady at Keener Rubber. She worked with me and is sending me a quarter-pound of the bands that I need.