(Close Window)
Topic: Paul Vigil and Jerome Finley Confirmed
I had an email yesterday from a S. African mentalist who was interested in the convention, but he wanted to know who was presenting? Good question I thought. Except for our special guest of honor, Bob Cassidy, no names have been announced for the 10th MINDvention. So I started making a few calls, messaging on Facebook...

I (and all of you), will be thrilled to hear that Paul Vigil and Jerome Finley will both be presenting. I could stop booking talent right now and this would be a great convention. But Iím not gonna do that. Like John Wayne in The Searchers, Iím still looking. And you still have time to recommend who you would like to see at MINDvention.

PS Putting finishing touches on 2012 video... should be up in a few days.

And Iíll see you in Las Vegas.
Although I know them well the ParaLabs guys Thomas (Heine) and Rainer (Mees) would be great - they have to offer so much - and so much new! Jan
I've never seen Banachek lecture...and here's another vote for the ParaLabs guys.

Either way -- Sheree and I are THERE! Looking forward to it, Danny.

If you're sitting on the fence about this convention...here's some information for you:

1) It's the most laid back convention I've ever been to. Everyone is accessible and everyone hangs out in Jack's Pub (which is where I'm fearlessly predicting you'll find a certain Guest of Honor with the initials BC)

2) The Dealer's room features some of the finest products for mentalists anywhere. It's a relaxed environment and you have time to look over cutting edge props and talk with the people who have designed them.

3) The lectures??? Oh my...your brain and spirit are going to soar with the ideas, the information and the techniques you're going to be exposed to. I have never walked away from MV with anything less than a delighted spirit.

4) Get your sleep before and after MV...because you won't be getting much while you're there. You won't want to. Trust me on this. :)

Expect to have your mind blown and your performer's worldview booted into a whole new place. Expect to meet some of the biggest names in mentalism. Expect to be challenged and delighted. Expect to smile.

And this year is going to be HUGE.

So what are you waiting for?

David
Hi Danny,
As I told you in breakfast, Gary Kurtz, Nimrod Harel and peter Turner will be great!

Christophe
As I said in a previous email the following would be people I'd love to see. Particularly Christian Painter after his interview in MUM.
Barrie Richardson
Christian Painter
Mick Ayers
Doug Dyment
Joshua Quinn
Phill Smith

Ted
Ohlala! I forgot Andrew Gerard!
Please all my riend ask for Andrew Gerard!
I don't remember if I proposed him but I think Andrew gerard will be the best choice so far! lol
Thanks guys for all the great suggestions... I have a few more people I am waiting to hear from...

The Bob Cassidy Roast is starting to shape up nicely... A few of Bob's good friends have agreed to participate...
Peter Turner!
The Paralabs guys
Jon Riggs
Ken Weber
Drew McAdam

I would love to see all these guys lecture, I've learnt so much over the years from them and their work.
Peter Turner!!!
Pete Turner!
Docc Hilford!
Since it's the 10th Anniversary, I'd like to see some classic guys that aren't around as much such as Larry Becker, Chuck Hickok, Craig Karges, Jon Riggs, Chris Carter, Lee Earle, Michael Weber, Jon Stetson, Christian & Katalina, Ted K. (can't get enough of him), and a great two person code act like Brian Gillis & Sisuepahn or The Evason's. Oh, and I'm always looking forward to seeing John Archer.

Seems like it's been pretty heavy-based on new up and comers, I'd like to see some of the greats since it's an special anniversary year. Bruce Bernstein is a great addition. I'm sure many of these guys would like to be present anyways for the Bob Cassidy Tribute.
A couple of weeks ago I was fortunate to see Luca Volpe lecture here in the UK. His take on some classic principles, stripped-back then re-designed effects and entertaining routines, held everyone's attention throughout.
As well as a demonstrating first class performing and audience management skills, Luca has a natural talent for explaining every nuance in minute detail. Don't just take my word for it, you can see the content of his current lecture, performed for real people on the 'Luca Volpe Lecture Show' DVD.
I would strongly recommend booking Luca Volpe to lecture at MINDvention 2013.

P.S. Yesterday Luca's book 'Emotional Mentalism' was the winner of the 'OFFICIAL 2012 Book of the Year Award Thread' here on the Cafť.

Paul Mc.
[quote]
On 2013-02-01 11:53, Mindpro wrote:
Since it's the 10th Anniversary, I'd like to see some classic guys that aren't around as much such as Larry Becker, Chuck Hickok, Craig Karges, Jon Riggs, Chris Carter, Lee Earle, Michael Weber, Jon Stetson, Christian & Katalina, Ted K. (can't get enough of him), and a great two person code act like Brian Gillis & Sisuepahn or The Evason's. Oh, and I'm always looking forward to seeing John Archer.

Seems like it's been pretty heavy-based on new up and comers, I'd like to see some of the greats since it's an special anniversary year. Bruce Bernstein is a great addition. I'm sure many of these guys would like to be present anyways for the Bob Cassidy Tribute.
[/quote]

+1
PETER TURNER
LUCA VOLPE
I can only reiterate 'caigy's remarks about Luca Volpe. I too saw him lecture recently and it was all commercial, highly effective material, performed in an easy style and very entertaining manner. He is very concise in his explanation of each effect in his lecture
and he has a pleasing personality, cemented no doubt, by his Italian roots. He would be an excellent performer to show his talents at MINDvention 2013. A very fine performer with an undoubted passion for his art.
Chris carter!
Alain Nu!
Luca Volpe!

I love the way he thinks.

Anthony :D
I would love to see and hear Doug Dyment lecture.
ParaLabs!
Thanks guys for all the great suggestions... this years convention has attracted an unbelievable amount of interest among the performers and presenters. That's in part due to the coolness of the convention, the fact that we are honoring one of the fields all time greats as well as it being the 10th MINDvention means that EVERYONE wants to be a part.

I appreciate all the contacts from people suggesting who they want to see and also the performers who wish to take part. I am taking my time and will try and put together the best line-up possible. Thanks again for your input and please keep your suggestions coming.
Alain Bellon
Mike Weber
Eric Mead
Docc
Danny,

I'd love to see Alain Nu, Christian Painter, Gerry McCambridge, and...why not....David Copperfield :)

Bill
And why not... Siegfried & Roy ... :) ... Jan
I was in Vegas two weeks ago and went to David Copperfield's show, about half of it was mentalism.
Peter Turner and Paralabs would be at my top list.
Peter Turner and Docc would be at my top list.
Barrie Richardson
Doug Dyment
Luca Volpe
Chuck Hickok
Banachek
Cashetta - one of the busiest and most entertaining mentalists/mystery performers working today.
[quote]
On 2013-04-26 12:25, AttnPls wrote:
Cashetta - one of the busiest and most entertaining mentalists/mystery performers working today.
[/quote]

Cashetta is great! We had some good laughs together at MindVention two years ago.
Cashetta has been working non-stop since her Las Vegas run of "The Extra-Large Medium". Her Q&A act is really great -- she keeps the audience laughing and amazed by her accuracy. Bob, you would be proud!

As a mentalist, all I can say is, "That girl's got balls!"
[quote]
On 2013-04-26 12:53, mastermindreader wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-04-26 12:25, AttnPls wrote:
[/quote]

Cashetta is great! We had some good laughs together at MindVention two years ago.
[/quote]

Hey Bob!
Hope things are great and had a great time hanging with you at Mindvention!
Getting roasted this year eh?
I hope to be there!
That would be great Cashetta!
I predict that we will see Cashetta at this year's convention!
This looks to be the 1st year that I'll be able to attend MindVention!

I would absolutely love to see:

Pete Turner
Docc Hilford
Bob Cassidy (of course!)
Banachek
George Tait
Luke Jermay

And, I know that he's not a mentalist, per se -- but love the way that Apollo Robbins articulates his thoughts on manipulating people's attention.

-Perry
Surprised no one has mentioned Michael weber. Also I'm sure there are some great mentalists who we arent familiar with. Sometimes I find that lesser known ones can be even better than the big name ones.
Adding to my 'wish list'

Dr. Bill Cushman
Dr. Todd Landman
Sean Waters
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (May 22, 2013 01:25AM)
A little birdie told me that it's highly probable that Dr. Bill will attend at least. :)
Anyone yet mentioned Andrew gerard

Andrew gerard would be an asset

This may be my first mindvention. Sounds like I'd be an idiot to miss it. Hope I don't end up an idiot!!

J
It' s not late...
I would believe that there will be many mentalism luminaries there to see and support Bob on his special night...
Colin McCleod and Paul Brook would be great to see and learn from.
We've had Colin twice I believe... would love to have Paul... and Colin will be back as well.