(Close Window)
Topic: RvPhotoCube App and Hardware
The rvPhotoCube app and hardware was just approved and is now in the Apple App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rvphotocube-for-professional/id594724272?ls=1&mt=8
Here is a video of it in action:

http://www.openop.com/pv.asp?passvideo=yHw3Oex-nxM&videotitle=Remote%20Viewing%20PhotoCube
Interesting app, trying to find the additional hardware cost on the specified website, but cannot...
Hopefully the hardware is not too costly, as the app is already a bit expensive...looks like a good one, though
First we had......

Mason vs Promystic (colour match)

Then the on going.....

Ali vs Peter (ghost)

And now might we have.....

Rvphotocube vs Mdmini

How is this not another rip off !!! My head is spinning.
I have the regular Promystic MD set, and I love it, but this thing seemed different enough...
Does seem like there's not much interest, I'll stick with my mental killer and iPredict, lol
Well I was not expecting this!!!

Above in an earlier post, I expressed 'MY OPINION'

I feel I must now make a public apology for...............

Having an opinion and using FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!! as are many others in ongoing debates here in the Café.

Below I have copied and pasted PM that I received this evening.

TheAmazingSteveo
Inner circle
Posted: Fri, Feb 8th, 2013 - 8:35 PM (EST)

I am not too happy of what you said in the appsolutely section about RIPOFF.

I developed the rvphotcube in 2006 BEFORE Craig publically annouced his
MD

I am VERY good friends with Craig and we have worked on many projects over the years.

Rasp
Regular user
Posted: Fri, Feb 8th, 2013 - 8:43 PM (EST)

and?

TheAmazingSteveo
Posted: Fri, Feb 8th, 2013 - 8:43 PM (EST)

I am seriously thinking about contacting my lawyer in the morning regarding a libel suit.
You have a great night!
Nathan,

I'm NOT seriously THINKING about it anymore .. (this is a done deal now)...

When you say I am ripping somebody off .. that is not about a product .. you are defaming me pesonally which is libel.

Since we are not personal anymore .. all my messages regarding this will be public ...
[quote]
On 2013-02-07 08:24, rasp wrote:
First we had......

Mason vs Promystic (colour match)

Then the on going.....

Ali vs Peter (ghost)

And now might we have.....

[b]Rvphotocube vs Mdmini.

How is this not another rip off !!![/b] My head is spinning.
[/quote]

[b]RVPhotocube V/S Multi Dimensional[/b]

Over the years the electronic version of the CUBE has seen many variants. For all the variants the final effect remains the same but, the method of gaining information differs from creator to creator as well as the final price of the prop. And that is exactly the difference between [b]Craig Filicetti's 'Multi Dimensional'[/b] and [b]Steve's RVPhotocube[/b].

Just my point of view.

:xmas:
Nathan,

It is interested that you left the link out of my pm to you ...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=246801&forum=82
Sorry about that, I would have included the link if I had had it at the time I posted my previous post.

However, if you look at the times in the PM I posted, and the one below, you will notice that that was not possible.

TheAmazingSteveo
Posted: Fri, Feb 8th, 2013 - 8:58 PM (EST)
Please take a look at this link:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=246801&forum=82
That could be very possible. I deleted your pm's because this went public now so I can't check.
That was not very clear was it....... I should have said the link arrived whilst writing my earlier post, hence why it was not included.

How on earth would I know to look back FIVE YEARS before expressing an opinion.
Nathan,

Maybe that is a good lesson for you .. never make flipped off comments about someone (and I did take it personally) in public BEFORE you do some research or before you have the product in hand .. you have ABSOLUTELY no idea how much time and hard work I have put into this and I see a comment on the Café that I most likely ripped somebody off -- well you can tell you made my blood boil.

- Steve
BTW .. (pm means private message not public message).
I have done some research......... if you type into google.....

magic Café rvphotocube , it only shows these present day comments.

However, in 2008 (the link you sent me) you refer to it as .......

remoteviewingcube

Now if you go to google and type in......

magic Café remoteviewingcube....... well then it takes you back to 2008

give it a try
Cool ...

I tend to put things now in the "inner thoughts" section ... google spiders can't access those areas because
you need to have a password to get into those areas.

You can specifically direct your search in google for a site by typing in:
site:themagiccafe.com and then the keywords.

- Steve
Here something else that is cool .. you can go back into time and see what a web site looks like when it was first created ... law enforcement officers use this alot:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010615000000*/http://themagiccafe.com

The spiders will gobble up the information of that site until the administrator of the site puts a robot.txt
file in their root directory. The the spiders can transverse a website they will.
Thanks, will give that a try.

By the way, I have no idea why you keep calling me Nathan (some kind of American dig perhaps......who knows?), but my name is Ian.

Regards,

Ian.
I'm really excited about this.

Are you interested in other developers having access to the accelerometer bluetooth signals that come from the cube?

I saw the app cost on the app store. But what's the cost of the cube?

thanks,
Greg Rostami
Steve
I am also still interested in this, but could not find the hardware information, can you let us know?
Was unable to find the hardware info on the specified website
Greg ... I sent you an email.

Dooblehorn ... I put up a link to purchase the rv PhotoCube at:
http://www.skindellmagic.com/rvphotohelp2012.htm

The rv photocube will only run on iphones 4s, 5, (not the iphone 4), ipod latest 5th generation, ipad 3 and 4 (not the 1 or 2) and mini-ipad -- all devices that have low energy bluetooth known as BLE or Bluetooth 4.0. The iTunes store will restrict the download to just Bluetooth 4.0 devices in the next release which has already been submitted. Price of software was dropped to $99.99 ... hardware is $150.00 + $10.00 shipping Cont. US.

Thank you,
Steve
Steve
Thanks! Now I am just trying to figure out how you'd sneak a peek at your iphone without spectators seeing you
[quote]
On 2013-02-19 16:14, dooblehorn wrote:
Steve
Thanks! Now I am just trying to figure out how you'd sneak a peek at your iphone without spectators seeing you
[/quote]

I have my iphone either in my right suit pocket ... when I turn around saying I won't look .. I look then put it back in my pocket.

Also, I sometimes put the phone in my shirt pocket with the display facing towards me ... while I am turned around I flick my phone forward with my finger and look down into my pocket and get the peek. Most of the other magicians using it just pull it out and look at the phone while they say they are not looking.

Hugh a professional magician uses the software and photocube with his iphone in the inside of his suit jacket -- he has it in a plastic holder facing towards his body. He just opens his coat up a little and gets the peak that way.

- Steve
Hi, Steve, thanks for the peeking ideas, looks like I am making it too complicated!

Since there are more than one version of iPad 2, and iPhone 4s, do you have a list of compatible Apple Model Numbers?
Or model numbers that the photo cubes been tested with?

Don't wish to purchase only to discover it won't work with my apple device
Hi Dooblehorn,

The App works with iphone 4s, iphone 5, ipad 3, ipad 4 (latest version), ipod 5th generation (latest version), ipad mini. It App DOES NOT work with iphone 4, iphone 3, ipad 1, ipad 2, ipod 4th generation, ipod 3rd generation. The updated version of the app 1.1 will restrict the purchase if you don't have the correct hardware -- version 1.1 should be in the app store within the next day or so.

- Steve
Steve, thanks !
I'll wait for hardware detecting version..
Version 1.1 was just approved and is now in the app store.

This version will only allow devices to download the app that have the required bluetooth 4.0 on them.

- Steve
Version 1.2 is in the app store now (or should be shortly) ... this allows you to make your own sound recordings for each side of the cube - use a bluetooth earpiece or covert earpice hooked to your iphone/ipad.

Click the ? button in your documentation within the app to see how to do this.

- Steve
Version 1.3 is in the app store now .. it includes vibrations from the phone 1..6 times.
This looks super sweet. Curses I have an Iphone 4.
Just lowered the price of the software and the hardware so more people can afford it.
Hardware is now $64.99 (free shipping cont US / paypal) and the software is $64.99

http://www.skindellmagic.com/rvphotohelp2012.htm
Hi, Steveo
Great price!
I am interested in buying, but link for the hardware shows the old price...
Go to the new site (only works with iphone 4s, 5, ipad 3rd and 4th gen, mini-ipad, 5th generation ipod):
Vibration only works on iphone 4s and 5.

http://www.rvphotocube.com

- Steve
Thanks, Steve
Just ordered and downloaded, I think the new price is right!
I give this one a 10, great app and effect!
Thank you dooblehorn!

There is a review on the rvPhotoCube in the latest issue of Vanish Magazine Vol 8.

http://www.vanishmagazine.com/edition8.html
RvPhotocube ... the next hardware version is approx. 7/8" .. very light -- smaller than the color vision cube.

I purchased a top of the line 3d printer and can print out about 20 - 30 cubes at a time. A 3d cadcam programmer is helping me to
design the sensor to snap in and out perfectly.

The cube attaches itself to larger photo cubes.

Doing 3d printing is AWESOME .. have a lot of other ideas -- for housing other things I have been working on.
I have a master wood craftsman developing a exotic wood housing for the rvphotocube.
The website that is linked to (http://abcmagicshop.com/tricks/mentalism/rv-photo-cube.html) doesn't seem to show the new hardware price.
Hi DynaMix .. yes that was the intro price .. it went up since then .. it is $100.00 for the hardware and the app is still $64.99

The exotic wood dice one will be in the $300.00 + $64.99 for the app range.
The exotic wood rvPhotoCube edition .. is a thing of ABSOLUTE beauty.

A master wood craftsman developed the shell and the deco art work involved ... somebody who has studied under
deco masters for many years.

This will truly be a collectors item.

Look for it at your favorite magic/mentalist conventions in the future ... and ... it
will NOT be cheap .. but very well worth it.
Hi Steve, do you have any images of this cube.

Ian.
Hi Ian ... I will be getting a video up soon with the new wooden dice shell (small and large versions).

BTW, the rvPhotoCube app gives feedback in visual, audio, vibration (or all 3 at the same time).

Some people are using small bluetooth earphones to get the audio feedback. It is unlimited in that you can make your own audio recording from within the app for each side of the cube.

There is a video demo on the website: http://www.rvPhotoCube.com

Some big things are breweing with the rvPhotoCube ... Stay tuned!
Version 1.4 is almost finished. Will be updated in the Apple Store soon.
Working on outputting text (and vibration if possible) to the pebble watch from the iphone.
Just finished coding for the pebble watch output for rvPhotoCube ... is working perfectly.
For example, if using the esp image set .. it will say Circle,Plus,3 wavy lines, Square, Star or Infinity Symbol on the watch face.

The watch limits 128 characters per message which should be sufficient. Will be submitting an update to apple for rvPhotoCube soon that will have an update for ios 7 as well and include the Pebble Watch output option.
Check out the new trailer (set your youtube for HD):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_yTc3xA-pY&feature=youtu.be

The rvphotocube is now $250.00
I'm really loving my Pebble and a cube that has Pebble compatibility is awesome.
Is there a size small enough to be on a keychain?
Whoa. Just saw the price increase!
Finally!

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=53013
Excuse me, I don't like the degree of exposure in the product video.
This may increase sales but it does not help those who own any kind of (expensive) cube.
This kind of openness should not be necessary.

I love your audiostackeddeck but the video is terrible.
It shouldnt simply be possible for a laymen to see such video on the internet. - at least not offered by people of our craft.
I feel the same. Jan
Another vote not to expose the METHOD. The Murphys video could (and should) simply demonstrate the EFFECT.

Can you replace the video?

Cheers,
Jerry
Will be submitting version 1.6 this afternoon. All notifications are sent to the Pebble watch as an option.
Image sets 1..4 display the built in messages .. and you can type in your own messages for the customized image set.

The latest version of pebble hardware and software is fantastic .. the message notifications are pretty close to instant on the watch.
This is nice, Steve, but could you please still take care of the promo video? Jan
Will look into it Jan .. can't promise anything .. it is already in all the magic shops web pages. The 3 cube stage version will be toned down a bit when it is released .. this app is now on the Apple Store.
I put a picture up showing the rvphotocube in action with the Pebble Watch ... for image set 6 you can put your own phrases that you want displayed on the watch (version 1.6 -- being reviewed by Apple now).

Also, I put in a picture of the smallest template that you can create for the cube .86 inches .. and a comparison to the 2" cube (or 1.65" template).

www.rvphotocube.com ... it's under latest news.

I took the video promo trailer off my page.
Version 1.6 was just approved and should be in the app store shortly.
This version has the Pebble Watch notification.
I enabled "Push Notification" in the Settings, and my Pebble Watch is also paired with my iphone, but there's no notification on my watch when I turn the cube around. Did I forget to do anything else?
You have to exit the program first .. make sure rvPhotoCube isn't running in the background.

To do this ... press the Home button 2 times .... swipe the rvPhotoScreen upward to get it out of running from memory (for IOS 7).

Make sure the Notification is on .. then restart the program.

It will only make the changes when the program isn't running in the background. This is same for setting vibration mode on and also sound mode on.

Also, make sure you have the latest Pebble Watch app and the latest firmware updated on your watch. I think the Pebble Notifications will only work with IOS 7.0.

- Steve
RvPhotoCube works right out of the box with the new Martian watch at BestBuy (http://www.martianwatches.com/). This watch costs $129.00 and is MUCH MUCH better than the Pebble watch in my opinion -- looks like a normal analog watch with a small Text LED display down near the bottom of the watch. This watch will work with SuperSensor as well as the new app program Paul Romhany and I have been working on.
Just tested rvphotocube with IOS 8.0 ... works great!
I plan on updating the rvphotocube app to work with the iwatch (hopefully I will be able to send images as well as vibrations).
Just tested rvPhotoCube on my brother's iPhone 6+ tonight ... works perfectly.

Merry Christmas Everybody!!!
If you purchased the rvPhotoCube prior to a DVD being released and included in the package .. please pm me and I will send you a link to the video online in HD.

- Steve
I developed a 1" locking color cube on my 3d printer at 100 microns for the rvphotocube sensor. It will open only if you know how. This fits inside the orig. color vision plastic cube case so that
you can do the orig. color cube prediction routine.

Will vibrates on the iphone 1..6 using the current rvphotocube app in the
Apple store or will send the info to the Pebble watch.

Gearing rvPhotoCube for the Apple Watch when it comes out. Should be interesting.
Every prop has a downside or weak spot.
One of the joys of magic today (for me anyway) is that, whilst one is spoiled for choice on the market, you have to really research the item and its competing products, and think about how you motivate the circumstances that meet the weaknesses.
In this instance:
- The Promystic is a lovely prop, but hideously expensive. Is it worth it? Up to you and why you want it.
- Wisseman's Remote 3000 has to be inside its box, which can seem a limiting factor.
- iCube or rvPhotocube transmit via an iPhone - which can drop out on occasion.
- using a vi****ing receiver requires you to count the transmissions, which can be disconcerting as it demands your attention.
- but using a receiver with l****s has to be in view, and this can be limiting.
And none of them is cheap - so choose carefully.
For me, I do like the fact that rvPhotocube is much more flexible and up to date than the others on the market. And is very well supported by its maker. And the use of a smart watch is such a delicious prospect.
But another similar product let me down on its second outing - the conference was in the bowels of a hotel and I assume bluetooth just dropped out.
You are everywhete... What's the name of your race?
Wow ... I just upgraded my iPhone to the 6+ ... the phone is amazing.

Before I would get maybe 6 wifi stations around my house ... now I get like 100+

The Bluetooth BLE is also just as amazing ... I'm getting distances on the rvPhotoCube that I have never have seen before.

I think they upgraded the size of the antenna's in this device ... thus the significant increases in distances.

Can't wait for the iPhone Watch to come out!
This is not a problem with the rvPhotoCube...
But all magic apps which can use the iPhone6 vibrator are too loud :-(
This is an iPhone6 issue :-(

Anyone figure out a way to make the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 plus vibrator as quiet as the iPhone5 vibrator ?

The old generation iPhones use a rotating vibrator in the pone. But, the iPhone 6 uses a linear vibrator which is very loud :-(

Thoughts ?
There is a really cool rubiks cube safe that is available on ebay for around $8.00 .. you could put your rvphotocube sensor in the hidden compartment ... really cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAeQdXt_wEw
I went to the Apple store today to see the iWatch in person .. WOW!!!
I have and use a Pebble however, the iwatch makes the Pebble look like garbage. Everything is CRYSTAL clear on the iwatch!!!

I can't wait to implement rvphotocube with the iWatch. All the photos for the first 4 sets (built in) will be
instant because they will be pulling the images directly from the iwatch. The pictures that are taken by the camera and are
on the iphone --- well -- we will have to see how long it takes to transfer the picture from the phone to the iWatch.

My opinion of the iwatch has changed after actually seeing it.
Good News: The static images from the rvphotocube to the iwatch are instant ... the images from the camera roll to the iwatch are almost instant -- take about 1/10 of a second.

Not sure if this is going to be an upgrade or a new program ... because the 4s is included in rvphotocube as a device -- the iwatch does not work with the 4s (only 5 and above).

Will definitely be working on including the iwatch update to the 3 cube stage version (clue type of effect) or having a new stage version (3 images on the screen at the same time) -- something you couldn't do with with a vibration type system.

My experience so far with the iwatch is fantastic. I will be getting a fancier band for it (came in light blue for developers) -- I have the 42mm version .. the smaller version is 38mm.

Will also see about upgrading mentalist toolbox with iwatch output as the 2nd device rather than needing 2 devices.

Was also thinking about upgrading AutioStackedDeck to output to the watch .. perhaps a random time it would come throughout the day ... lots of ideas brewing with this new technology.

- Steve
Here is a short clip of the rvPhotoCube and the iWatch output.

https://youtu.be/VvMZpii9Jy0
Here are a couple snapshots .. (very difficult to get image captures or video of both the watch and the iphone at the same time):

http://www.skindellmagic.com/watch1a.png

http://www.skindellmagic.com/watch2a.png
The watch is really cool! There are 2 settings to turn the screen on .. one by tilting your wrist .. having the watch face towards you. If you tilt your wrist away from you the screen shuts off. The screen on the watch always communicates with the watch sending the latest image -- even if the watch display is off.

The 2nd method allows you to tab the watch screen .. the image will appear on the screen of the latest rvphotocube image.

The vibration is out of this world .. there is no sound at all .. you just feel a tap on you wrist.

I'm not sure if the vibrator is available for programming write now.

This watch is HIGHLY Recommended!

I think Apple sold out of their first batch worldwide in the first 10 minutes.
RvPhotoCube v1.7.4 was recently updated in the App Store. This version added professional voice over audios, updated images, and a modifications.

v1.8 will the the iwatch support when available.
Version 1.8 was submitted to the Apple store. I am still working on perfecting the Apple watch output and it will be included for WatchOS 2.0 in rvPhotoCube 2.0 (rather than notifications of the image it will be a custom WatchOS 2.0 app).

Version 1.8 fixes some things that prevented rvPhotoCube from working in IOS 9.0 when it comes out.
Version 1.8 also increases the timing between vibrations and vibration sets. Also, rather than vibrating 4 sets it was decreased to only vibrating 3 sets.
RvPhotoCube Version 1.8 is in the app store now. I heard that IOS version 9.0 will be out Sept 9th.
Just purchased this and am really looking forward to it.
Murphy's no longer carries RvPhotoCube ?

Also, does the Pebble Time Watch display an image OR just text ?
Where is the best place to purchase this, the web site doesn't seem to be working
If the cube is now $250, why is the app still 65?
Just got an email fro Steven himself and he cleared everything up! Will be purchasing this immediately!
So does the cube now work within an Apple Watch or not?
Just updated the code rvphotocube 1.8 to 2.0 .. tested it out on iphone 6 with IOS 10.2.

Will try to get it up in the store soon. Maybe attempt to put the watchos function in the app too (where the picture appears on the watch in real time). Last time Apple rejected the update because of the
watch function.
Version 1.9.4 was just submitted to Apple for Approval.
Version 1.9.9 is in the Apple store now and Version 2.0.11 was just submitted to Apple for approval .. if approved you can receive vibrations in the background.
The screen can be entirely off and it still communicates with the sensor and vibrates. It will even vibrate if you are listening to music.
Still working on getting Apple to approve 2.0.11
Will also be working on re-submitting the Apple watch version since more magic/mentalism apps are now coming out now using the watch.
The latest version of rvPhotocube is now in the app store. This version allows you to run the app in the background (with the screen off).
It took me 2 years to get Apple to approve background vibrations. It now always keeps the picture and the vibrations current even with the screen in off mode.
I just submitted a new version of the app to the Apple Store 2.0.12.
This version always puts the number selected on the home page as a notification next to the rvphotocube icon (such as how many emails you have in your inbox).

I developed a wireless charging cube that uses induction charging. Also, I increased the size from a button battery to a small
lithium ion battery that should last a very long time .. I am doing a test on how long it lasts.

Having a nice wooden box to put the cube in really increases it's mystique.
Version 2.0.12 was just approved by Apple and should be in the App Store shortly.

Working on version 2.1 that will output the image real time to the Apple Watch.

I use the watch without the band hidden in my fingertips for a peek before I dump it into my pocket .. the watch is very small to palm.

You can do sophisticated photocube glance before dumping the watch into your pocket while you turn around.
I'm considering a hardware upgrade for current rvPhotoCube users for wireless charging. I have this unit working now and will be
upgrading some users locally in the near future for beta testing.

You never have to put a battery in the unit .. has it's own lithium ion rechargeable battery. Can seal the acrylic case with superglue.

The upgrade will include built inwireless power receiver and power receiver, ac power supply as well as lithium ion battery. Not sure about upgrade cost yet.

Also, I have an intelligent cutter that will cut and score photocube templates that fit exactly in the 2" acrylic cube without having to glue the sides.
Version 2.0 is now in the app store.
Just test rvphotocube on IOS 11.3 and an iphone 8. Everything works fine. The vibration setting in the "Settings" of rvphotocube may need some fine tuning on your device if you need the vibration function (to do this first completely close rvphotocube and go into settings/rvphotocube and adjust the vibration setting then re-start rvphotocube).

- Steve
[quote]On Apr 9, 2018, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:

Just test rvphotocube on IOS 11.3 and an iphone 8. Everything works fine. [/quote]

This is very good achievement. I will give check it out on my iPhone 8.

[quote]On Jul 31, 2017, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:

I'm considering a hardware upgrade for current rvPhotoCube users for wireless charging. I have this unit working now [b]and will be upgrading some users locally in the near future for beta testing.[/b]
[/quote]

You might like to consider me as one of your Beta Testers. :)

:xmas:
Just tested rvPhotoCube with the IOS 11.4 update and my iPhone 8 ... everything is working fine. You can shut the phone screen off and still get the phone vibrations 1..6.
Just tested the rvphotocube app with IOS 12 and a iPhone 8 .. everything appears to be working fine.
Working on the finishing touches of an Android Version of the rvPhotoCube. The entire app runs on an android watch .. no phone needed.
Also, will have a version that runs on any Android Smartphone with OS 5.0 and above with BT 4.0.

The watch vibrates as well as shows you a visual of the side of the photocube that is facing upward.
There are 4 predefined sets of images (cube with the numbers 1..6, ESP Symbols, 6 wonders of the world - places, and Animals).
I have an old iPhone 6 Plus running IOS 12 with an Apple 3 watch. Will this work OK ?
never mind...looks like Murphys no longer carries it.