(Close Window)
Topic: Android App for Mentalist
Hi folks,

I startet working on an app for mentalist recently. Not a kind of "trick-app", it's more like a library and trainer.
My idea is to create a kind of "virtual companion", that delivers informations (on routines etc.) and helps training mnemotics and stacks for example.
Currently I'm writing it in German, but I'll translate it to English, too.

Now I'd like to ask you, what features you'd like to see in an app like this?

Of course the Stack-Trainers work in a manner, that doesn't reveal the secret of marketed systems. Only the traditional ones are explained.

Regards from Germany,
Tom
Tom, great idea and I would also like to see this as a iPad app. It would be great if you could make it possible for the user to arrange cards in a known stack. This way the public would not have access to stacks.

Richard
[quote]
On 2013-02-03 09:29, Richard Doyle wrote:
It would be great if you could make it possible for the user to arrange cards in a known stack. This way the public would not have access to stacks.
[/quote]

I'm already working on that feature. But unfortunately I don't have any knowledge about programming for iOS.
About the public:
I'm thinking about only selling it on my website and not in public on playstore or amazon. I want it to become a ressource for pros and not for those kiddies. That way I could keep track about who get's it and can react fast and effective in case of piracy. ;)
By the way:

Here's a link to the project-site on Facebook. Still in German only, but I will update that soon.

I'm also looking for some fellow-mentalists for beta-testing the app soon.
Perhaps the ability to list props from your show, catalog routines you use, list running times for each effect, just some thoughts for what I would want.
Good idea. And maybe an option to keep track of consumable goods and a reminder-function.
[quote]
On 2013-02-03 11:26, Mentalist1976CGN wrote:
By the way:

Here's a link to the project-site on Facebook. Still in German only, but I will update that soon.

I'm also looking for some fellow-mentalists for beta-testing the app soon.
[/quote]
No link.
[quote]
On 2013-02-04 04:07, Mentalist1976CGN wrote:
Good idea. And maybe an option to keep track of consumable goods and a reminder-function.
[/quote]

I love this entire idea! I keep my schedule/booking on my phone now a days....a few extra reminders would be amazing. Also, an APP that would allow me to put a stack and quiz me/flash card style would have been the best thing I could have thought off....I know my stack now, but it would still be cool.

Billy
[url=http://www.facebook.com/groups/mentalistsmate/]FB-Projectsite for the App[/url]

Hope, it works this time. ;)
Will this app be onlt for iphone or would there be an android version available as well. It sounds very good.
[quote]
On 2013-02-05 09:15, george1953 wrote:
Will this app be onlt for iphone or would there be an android version available as well. It sounds very good.
[/quote]

It will be an Android App only, because I don't have any knowledge about programming for iOS and - to say it in a polite way - I don't like Apple. ;)