(Close Window)
Topic: Ink'A'Change by Victor Sanz
An awesome new effect from a very talented artist..check out the link below!
http://www.balconyproductions.com/products/inkachange.htm
Looks cool. Better than Frixon.
Wow. That looks beautiful.
Looks phenomenal, triggers my "wait for reviews" sensors though.
[quote]
On 2013-02-07 08:40, professorwho wrote:
Looks phenomenal, triggers my "wait for reviews" sensors though.
[/quote]

Yes, same over here!
Mm like the look of this.
I ordered it.... we'll see in a few days....
I like the look of this, but, in the spectator's mind, is this really any stronger than a twirl/shake change?
I am wondering if its just another application of the Hawk or Extension.
Hey Judah,

this is trick is not mine, so it is nothing similar to Hawk or Xtension. He showed it to us and we were really impressed by the method and it is really practical and always ready to perform.
I am sure you will like it.

All the best

Alex
Hey Café members!
Ink'a'Change is now available at Penguin magic!...I have used this effect for the last year now, it is extremely versatile and very deceptive..I have fooled many layman as well as magicians with this masterpiece!
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15093
I love the look of the coin production off the card on the demo !
I would like to publicly apologise to my wife as I'm about to spend MORE MONEY!! :lol: Got to have this I'm afraid.
My mind is spinning as I can see it as a "out to lunch" principle replacement.
Only $26 at penguin. I may have to pick this up. I wonder how good it looks in person and how loud it is.
[quote]
On 2013-02-07 18:25, ABK-Magic wrote:
Hey Judah,

this is trick is not mine, so it is nothing similar to Hawk or Xtension. He showed it to us and we were really impressed by the method and it is really practical and always ready to perform.

All the best

Alex
[/quote]

Sweet. I need to pay more attention to ad copy sometimes. I hope you don't think I was dissing on your effects bro... I own them both and like them!

-J-
I hope the reviews are gonna be good for this one... I so hope this is will be as good as it looks!
Hey guys;

little history about the effect. Over one year ago Victor sent us the demo video and we were all more than excited about the method, cause it looked too good to be true and I was sure that this is just a youtube effect. BUT when we got the explanations we loved it even more and we had to produce it. So we played around with the principle and the effect for more than one year and now we are really happy that it found the way onto the magic market. I really would have loved to see Victor in the explanations cause he is the creator and he can do it best, but sadly we couldn't find a way to do so. So I had to explain everything and I hope I did my job well. I really cannot imagine a more visual way to change a drawing on a business card or on a playing card and the best thing is that the cards can be signed and examined by the spectators before AND after the effect. You can hand out the business card RIGHT AFTER the change WITHOUT getting rid of anything.
VICTOR....my highest respects go to you!!! And I really hope that you guys feel the same about this really clever idea.

All the best

Alex
I really like the looks of this. Good price too....

RNK
Have we to buy anything extra for this ,lets say things run out?.
You can perform this hundred or thousand of times before you need anything extra. You only need your own business cards or playing cards, the rest is in the package!

All the best

Alex
I use this effect at all of my close-up gigs..its the way I hand out my business card!...they hold onto it because of the miracle you created with it!!!
Balcony productions is rapidly becoming my favourite seller of magic effects.

This just looks brilliant.
[quote]
On 2013-02-08 14:03, ABK-Magic wrote:
You can perform this hundred or thousand of times before you need anything extra. You only need your own business cards or playing cards, the rest is in the package!

All the best

Alex
[/quote]
Many thanks Alex for your quick reply,yes this indeed is on my to get list,as I love effects like this .all the best
Is there any sound problems?
OK... Just watched the DVD and my initial thoughts are this: I like it.

The gimmick is well hidden and after the change is so far away from the card you hand out that there is no heat to worry about. It is one card thick so its not bulky. As for what the gimmick is I find my thoughts going to a cross between Alex Kolle, Mark Mason, and Byrn Reynolds. And all in a good way. There is some noise, but after making a quick gimmick I find it minimal and covered in several ways.

It is definitely a 'paper crane moment' in construction, but Alex constructs one from start to finish in about three minutes with good instruction. So that's not really an issue.

Reset is instant.

If I had to name a few downsides, and these are only IMHO, is that you cant do it with just one or a few cards, you definitely need a stack of cards. And if your cards are white on both sides the gimmick is not camouflaged very well after the effects. On Alex's cards it is hidden well, on mine, not so much. BUT that is not a large issue as there is no real need to show where the gimmick ends up. And Alex provides a clean up that covers it. People who buy it will understand my comment. The only other small issue is the noise, but like I said, there are plenty of way to cover.

All in All I am happy with my purchase, and will find several ways to use it.

Well Done Balcony, Alex and Victor!

Judah
Judah,
We here at Balcony, along with Victor appreciate your kind words about Ink'A'Change...This was a big project, and we most definitely got Ink'A'change to where we want it to be! Keep your eyes peeled as we have many more projects in the works!
Best,
Danny Weiser
Marketing/Talent Scout
http://www.BalconyProductions.com
If you had the toosh gimmick in the pile would you still be able to do this?
Hey GazJapan,
Ink'A'Change won't interfere with Toosh and vice versa. So you can use both effects in the same pile.
Hope that answers the question
regards
Nico
Hey Guys!...really huge contest with Ink'A'Change..check out the link for more info!!!!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=426911960722230&set=a.151862728227156.40149.151824941564268&type=1&theater
The Contest is no longer available under this URL. But let me explain. In one of the first 1000 units we put a special green Card with a hidden number. If someone it the lucky guy and gets this, he can send us the card to BALCONYPRODUCTION and will win a 500€ voucher. This is only for the first 1000 units.

All the best

Alex
Can I do it with normal full deck of cards?
[quote]
On 2013-02-08 16:27, Judah Vee wrote:

The gimmick is well hidden and after the change is so far away from the card you hand out that there is no heat to worry about. It is one card thick so its not bulky. As for what the gimmick is I find my thoughts going to a cross between Alex Kolle, Mark Mason, and Byrn Reynolds. And all in a good way. There is some noise, but after making a quick gimmick I find it minimal and covered in several ways.

It is definitely a 'paper crane moment' in construction, but Alex constructs one from start to finish in about three minutes with good instruction. So that's not really an issue.

Reset is instant.

If I had to name a few downsides, and these are only IMHO, is that you cant do it with just one or a few cards, you definitely need a stack of cards. And if your cards are white on both sides the gimmick is not camouflaged very well after the effects. On Alex's cards it is hidden well, on mine, not so much. BUT that is not a large issue as there is no real need to show where the gimmick ends up. And Alex provides a clean up that covers it. People who buy it will understand my comment. The only other small issue is the noise, but like I said, there are plenty of way to cover.

Judah
[/quote]

This looks so visual and makes a perfect give away to the spectator. Thanks to your review Judah vee I'll spend the last money I have on this item:)
Message: Posted by: the merlin of margate (Mar 24, 2013 04:05PM)
[quote]

Reset is instant.

Judah
[/quote]

can you advise me if this is a step change from Business Cardiographic, this has been in my close up set for ages and as I'm sure you know it allows a nice visual appearance of a card rising from a deck which is drawn on your "stack" of business cards. There are a number of minor issues with the effect, mainly the reset. So if you know the effect I would be grateful if you could comment if ink a change is a better alternative
many thanks
Message: Posted by: the merlin of margate (Apr 1, 2013 02:22PM)
This thread seems to be laying dormant at mo, which is a shame as the effect looks so good I was hoping to get lots more feedback from people using it. One burning qustion, can you grab the cards (business or otherwise) from your pocket and go straight into the trick or do you have to approach the table/group with the cards set up in your hand??
Check out Wizard Product review, they just gave this one Worker of the Week; too bad it's out of stock until May 1 at Penguin :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JyYFgLtQs9s
I have just listed one in "Tricks & Effects For Sale Or Trade" section

Hank
I say stay away from this. The one time I took the plunge and bought something without first reading some reviews I got busted.

It's sad to see people like Alexander Kolle (he's a great magician) behind this.

The gimmick is visible and is not silent either. In a less noisy situation it can be easily heard. To top it all off, the gimmick is not 100% reliable. It might go off unexpectedly on you.
[quote]
On 2013-04-03 14:59, niva wrote:
I say stay away from this. The one time I took the plunge and bought something without first reading some reviews I got busted.

It's sad to see people like Alexander Kolle (he's a great magician) behind this.

The gimmick is visible and is not silent either. In a less noisy situation it can be easily heard. To top it all off, the gimmick is not 100% reliable. It might go off unexpectedly on you.
[/quote]

Thanks mate, money saved ;)
[quote]

As for what the gimmick is I find my thoughts going to a cross between Alex Kolle, Mark Mason...

[/quote]

I like Mark, but oh, please, let it not be IET! :)
Craig and Dave gave this WORKER OF THE WEEK!

http://youtu.be/JyYFgLtQs9s?t=15m19s
Seems to be sold out everywhere I look.
[quote]
On 2013-04-03 16:52, professorwhut wrote:
Seems to be sold out everywhere I look.
[/quote]

There are a couple for sale on eBay

Charlie
Hey everybody, we at balcony productions are so happy that we got worker of the week and such a great review!
And by the way we have some units left at http://www.balconyproductions.com ;)

I'd like to answer some questions and speak about the problems some of you seem to have.

@jker1104
you can use any normal deck of cards you have, but we recommend a red backed deck, because the ink is more visible on red then on blue for example, but basically it doesn't matter, use any deck!

concerning the visibility and the noise:
everything is covered on the DVD, there's also a troubleshooting included.

when performed right the gimmick isn't visible, the noise is also minimizable!
The DVD also teaches how you have 100% control of the gimmick, you decide exactly when the magic happens and when not!

@the merlin of margate
with Ink'A'Change you can also do a Cardiographic style effect and the reset is literally instant.
You can approach a group/table any way you want, do any effect you want and Ink'A'Change will be ready waiting for you in your pocket
and whenever you need it you take out your stack of business cards and go straight into your routine!

hope that answers some questions!
If you have any other questions I would be happy to cover them!

All the best

Nico
Hi Nico,

Does this concept work the same with coloured back business cards?

Mine are lime green - and, having just got a vey large run printed, don't really want to order a new supply!

Many thanks, in advance, for your (honest) appraisal.
I haven't located it anywhere. Penguin says it's expected back in stock May 1st. Maybe with the WPR review, they can get it quicker. The lads were gobsmacked over this.
Can you use a stack of post-it notes to do the effect?
I am surprised that Nico did not address the availability issue.
I will be getting this...someday.
Gonna have to check it out!
[quote]
On 2013-04-03 21:54, LukeBrady wrote:
Gonna have to check it out!
[/quote]

Ya you just had to text me today about this huh?

Luke - your playing on my weaknesses!

This looks so cool - no surprise that Alexander Kolle was involved.
Yes please if someone could answer a query if there is a limitation to what the reverse side colour - non writing side can be? someone has said that if its plain white the gimmick will flash more? If for example the back of the bc is black would this be ok?
Thanks
[quote]

[/quote]

niva, I missed your comments. A bit of noise I can handle, but the gimmick being visible and going off on its own would be a downside.

Maybe when Dave and Craig use it at a gig, they can report back.
Well I was sold on the review I haven't seen Dave and Craig this exited about a product for a while
Ordered it just hope it's in stock impression was it is and a freebie as well as its worker of the week
Hey guys
@Merc Man
you can basically use any kind of business cards as long as you can see the ink of your marker on the card it's just fine! you can even use black business cards (@PRINCE ;) ) when you use a silver sharpie for example.
when done correctly nobody will see anything.
@JCheng
you could use a stack of post-it notes, but it's not explained on the DVD! We covered business cards and playing cards, but if you think about it a little you will figure out how to use post-its.
@professorwhut
I wrote that we have some left on our site http://www.balconyproductions.com/products/inkachange.htm you can order from there! ;)
@Zombie Magic
as I said when done correctly the gimmick isn't visible and you have complete control of when the change happens.
Noone ever saw the gimmick when I was performing it, nor when Alex or Victor performed it!

in blackpool this year we showed it to some magicians and even they were fooled from seeing it live.

so I hope every question covered so far :)

All the best

Nico
I just shared a PM with one of the posters here on this thread who bought this & thinks Ink A'Change is a great effect... and noise is not a big issue with the right cover or setting.

I trust this person based on past experience - looking forward to hearing more.
[quote]
On 2013-04-04 10:30, parkrocker wrote:
@Zombie Magic
as I said when done correctly the gimmick isn't visible and you have complete control of when the change happens.
Noone ever saw the gimmick when I was performing it, nor when Alex or Victor performed it!
[/quote]

Thank you Nico!

Congratulations on the WPR Worker Of The Week award!
I am going to wait to order when a U.S. dealer has it in stock.
I was referring to U.S. dealers in my above posts.
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could let me know if the drawing that changes has to be the same shape e.g. 1 card changes to another. Or can the drawings be totally different e.g. so ones name changes into a card.

Thanks
Message: Posted by: the merlin of margate (Apr 5, 2013 04:36AM)
[quote]
On 2013-04-03 17:17, parkrocker wrote:
Hey everybody, we at balcony productions are so happy that we got worker of the week and such a great review!
And by the way we have some units left at http://www.balconyproductions.com ;)

I'd like to answer some questions and speak about the problems some of you seem to have.

@jker1104
you can use any normal deck of cards you have, but we recommend a red backed deck, because the ink is more visible on red then on blue for example, but basically it doesn't matter, use any deck!

concerning the visibility and the noise:
everything is covered on the DVD, there's also a troubleshooting included.

when performed right the gimmick isn't visible, the noise is also minimizable!
The DVD also teaches how you have 100% control of the gimmick, you decide exactly when the magic happens and when not!

@the merlin of margate
with Ink'A'Change you can also do a Cardiographic style effect and the reset is literally instant.
You can approach a group/table any way you want, do any effect you want and Ink'A'Change will be ready waiting for you in your pocket
and whenever you need it you take out your stack of business cards and go straight into your routine!

hope that answers some questions!
If you have any other questions I would be happy to cover them!

All the best

Nico
[/quote]

many thanks for the reply, this helps. To be honest I don't put too much store on the WPR's I would much rather hear reviews from people actually using this in the real world. It does look awesome though!!
[quote]
On 2013-04-05 05:36, the merlin of margate wrote:
[quote]
To be honest I don't put too much store on the WPR's I would much rather hear reviews from people actually using this in the real world. It does look awesome though!!
[/quote]

Craig and david are too of the busiest magicians in th uk, so I'm sure they do or plan to use it in the real world. Whether you chose to agree woth their opinion is up to you though. I've just got this and will post my thoughts soon.
So this arrived today and I looked at the dvd with a puzzled look on my face having seen the gimmick material. E.g. I still had no idea. Having watched the dvd,i think the WPR was spot on. It's practical, as visual as it appears on the demo and very clean. You make the gimmick yourself and have enough material to make a fair few gimmicks if you like. The gimmick will take five minutes maximum to make.

In terms of it "going off early", this is covered in the dvd but there is a slim possibiltyof this happening I think but highly unlikely if you do this correctly. In terms of noise, there is some. In a bar, this'd bever be noticed. In a quieter venue you would need to cover noise but again, this is easy as you have one free hand to click fingers with.

In summary this is really clever and useable. Sadly for me, there is a "but". Nothing to do with ad copy or product. However, I purchased this in a hurry after WPR and overlooked the fact I have ordered new cards with a large circle on the back along with a qr code in one corner. I could probably still do trick but there would be limitations. If you have mainly plain background on card, you'll be fine. If there is some writing on edges, fine also. My card is perhaps a bit too busy. Like I said. My own stupid oversight.

In summary. I dount too many people will be dissapointed with this. I think its great, albeit not useable with my cards.
Great review Paul - thank very much! Could you please tell me that if the back of my business card is black with some writing and the area the spec write on is plain white, would this be ok as far as the gimmick? Only someone mentioned that there may be a limitation on the other side of your card (area where YOU DO NOT write on) as far as the gimmick being more noticable against the reverse/back designs of your cards - if that makes sense.
Thank you
When I purchased this and saw the items that come with the DVD to make the gimmick I thought here we go , however watching the DVD and making the gimmick up it is really good , the DVD has plenty of ideas , the gimmick is easy to make up and it effect looks visually stunning .

Noise isn't an issue as it is covered in the DVD , overhaul this is great

Carl
[quote]
On 2013-04-05 12:34, Paul S Wingham wrote:
So this arrived today and I looked at the dvd with a puzzled look on my face having seen the gimmick material. E.g. I still had no idea. Having watched the dvd,i think the WPR was spot on. It's practical, as visual as it appears on the demo and very clean. You make the gimmick yourself and have enough material to make a fair few gimmicks if you like. The gimmick will take five minutes maximum to make.

In terms of it "going off early", this is covered in the dvd but there is a slim possibiltyof this happening I think but highly unlikely if you do this correctly. In terms of noise, there is some. In a bar, this'd bever be noticed. In a quieter venue you would need to cover noise but again, this is easy as you have one free hand to click fingers with.

In summary this is really clever and useable. Sadly for me, there is a "but". Nothing to do with ad copy or product. However, I purchased this in a hurry after WPR and overlooked the fact I have ordered new cards with a large circle on the back along with a qr code in one corner. I could probably still do trick but there would be limitations. If you have mainly plain background on card, you'll be fine. If there is some writing on edges, fine also. My card is perhaps a bit too busy. Like I said. My own stupid oversight.

In summary. I dount too many people will be dissapointed with this. I think its great, albeit not useable with my cards.
[/quote]

Paul, thanks for the review and offering the extra insight so we can avoid some pitfalls. VERY kind of you!
I just ordered this directly from the Balcony productions site - everyone else seems to be sold out.

About $50 shipped to USA.
Just a quick side note:

The copy of this I had For Sale on the Café is SOLD. It sold almost instantly!

Thanks,
Hank
[quote]
On 2013-04-05 13:26, PRINCE wrote:
Great review Paul - thank very much! Could you please tell me that if the back of my business card is black with some writing and the area the spec write on is plain white, would this be ok as far as the gimmick? Only someone mentioned that there may be a limitation on the other side of your card (area where YOU DO NOT write on) as far as the gimmick being more noticable against the reverse/back designs of your cards - if that makes sense.
Thank you
[/quote]

Its hard to say for sure.but If writing is around the edges, that should be fine. You ideally (in my opimion) need a white area for person to sign as this strenghthens the effect and a white area to draw a card / coin the same size as shown in demo (although you could make it smaller if you wished. So if for instance 2/3 of your card is a block of white, it'd work. I'm sure you could do something if its not, but perhaps there would be limitiations.

In terms of visibility, they cover how to hide the gimmick so not an issue in my opinion. The front design on card doesn't make any difference to anything as far as I can tell.
Thanks for the update and info Paul. Sounds great and nice to hear an honest review.
Many thanks
[quote]
On 2013-04-05 20:29, Astrocity wrote:
Just a quick side note:

The copy of this I had For Sale on the Café is SOLD. It sold almost instantly!

Thanks,
Hank
[/quote]

Hank...

I realize you sold your copy but I am assuming that you liked this effect quite a bit eh?

Thanks for the insights.
[quote]
On 2013-04-06 13:01, PRINCE wrote:
Thanks for the update and info Paul. Sounds great and nice to hear an honest review.
Many thanks
[/quote]

I never said I was honest ;). Just kidding, its a good trick
After reading all 3 pages here twice, I am extremely confused.

My business cards are printed on a cream colored stock. One side is totally blank. The other side is printed in full color and uses an image from an old magic poster, and this image covers the entire card from edge to edge, but it is ghosted down to a fairly light shade with the type being printed darker.

Will I be able to use this or not?

Thanks a lot!

:bat:
Yes you will.
Thank you very much. My order is in from Hocus Pocus, who I believe has it in stock. Or at least I hope so, since there is no indication of it being sold out on their site. I don't mind waiting 6 weeks for it, but I do mind waiting 6 weeks while they hold on to my money.

Hey guys
great to see some reviews of you!

I shot a quick video talking about different colored business cards.
Again as long as you can see your marker's ink on the card you can do Ink'A'Change.
In this example I used a stack of black cards and a silver Sharpie
http://youtu.be/OaHeCjZytUk

feel free to ask if there still something unclear

all the best
Nico
Btw another nice thing you can do when you have Ink'A'Change ;)
http://youtu.be/om9rxSS5AZA

hope you like it
Ink 'A' Change is an intriguing change. If it is done as a reveal though, that reveal cannot be of random information obtained 'on the fly' so to speak? It is a different kind of routine then, you know, not natural, one that almost feels, forced...

:)
Brett is absolutely correct. I sold my copy because I already had the materials necessary to build the gimmick and once I saw the procedure, it was pretty straightforward. I have built the gimmick and will be trying this out soon in my close-up strolling work. Let me say that I did have to do some "work" on the gimmick to account for the heavy gloss coating I have on the front of my business cards. It took all of 10 seconds and was absolutely no big deal. What you may find if your cards have a thick or highly glossy coat finish, is that the gimmick can have issues staying until you want to do the reveal. As I said, common sense told me what to try and it worked like a charm. I'm looking forward to trying this one out as I am a BIG fan of effects that leave them with my business card in their hands with the magic that happened captured right there on the business card.

Also, let me address the "noise" issue that has been brought up. It was addressed in the DVD as pointed out above, and in your presentation of the reveal, a very simple action, one that makes perfect sense in the context of performing the effect, is all it takes to address that.

Hank
Hank thank you for your words!
I promis that you will like it when you see the reactions it gets!
Have fun using it!

@liampower
the shapes don't have to be the same, you can change anything to anything! just be creative :)

@Kaliix
you can do it "on the fly"! there is NO force involved. freely selected card or even named card.
or you reveal a name and an age (or any information you want) of somebody no never met before (see trailer 1:24)
you don't have to set the information up before you approach people! you start with a complete blank business card on top of your stack,
which people could sign directly, it is the same one that you will hand out at the end.
because of that you have another complete blank business card on top now and you can do Ink'A'Change directly again without doing anything to reset.

hope that was clear and you understand what I tried to say :)
If you you have any questions left feel free to ask!

All the best
Nico
BatsMagic, regarding "hocus pocus", I thought they had it in stock too,
but just before I made the purchase I saw someone who wrote that one should double check
with them before ordering as they might not say it's out of stock on their site.
I did emailed them, and got an answer that it's not in stock, and will be back in about two weeks,
so I think you are now in "pre order" status...
Well then that is good news. I hope these are back in stock soon.

[quote]
On 2013-04-07 20:10, parkrocker wrote:
Hank thank you for your words!
I promis that you will like it when you see the reactions it gets!
Have fun using it!

@liampower
the shapes don't have to be the same, you can change anything to anything! just be creative :)

@Kaliix
you can do it "on the fly"! there is NO force involved. freely selected card or even named card.
or you reveal a name and an age (or any information you want) of somebody no never met before (see trailer 1:24)
you don't have to set the information up before you approach people! you start with a complete blank business card on top of your stack,
which people could sign directly, it is the same one that you will hand out at the end.
because of that you have another complete blank business card on top now and you can do Ink'A'Change directly again without doing anything to reset.

hope that was clear and you understand what I tried to say :)
If you you have any questions left feel free to ask!

All the best
Nico
[/quote]
If this is performed with blank face bicycle poker cards than business cards, would there be any possible advantage or disadvantages?
Thank you
Paul,
Thanks for the review. I just purchased this and I'm excited to get it.
KJ
Has anyone else gotten this?

More thoughts or reviews/tips?

Mine just arrived from Germany today :)

This dropped way back on the threads - is that because few can get their hands on this?
[quote]
On 2013-04-16 23:46, saysold1 wrote:

This dropped way back on the threads - is that because few can get their hands on this?
[/quote]

What do you think to it?
Message: Posted by: Silver Glove Magic (Apr 17, 2013 05:16PM)
I am intrigued by this effect. What's the latest insight on this one folks? I am considering ordering.
[quote]
On 2013-04-17 01:42, Sean Giles wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-04-16 23:46, saysold1 wrote:

[/quote]

What do you think to it?
[/quote]

Hi Sean - haven't had time to even open the package honestly. Will look at it this weekend. Mine came directly from Balcony Prods.
Good luck with experimenting, and hopefully will read a good positive review...
Hey Bratt,

you already got it? That was kinda fast. I wish you a lot of fun with it. When I sent out the order I didn't realize it was you. Otherwise I would have put in something special for you. Ok the next time then :D
BTW...we have enough INK'A'CHANGE left in stock here at the Balcony head quarter.

All the best to all of you and thanks a lot for your support

Alex
[quote]
On 2013-04-20 06:15, ABK-Magic wrote:
Hey Bratt,

you already got it? That was kinda fast. I wish you a lot of fun with it. When I sent out the order I didn't realize it was you. Otherwise I would have put in something special for you. Ok the next time then :D
BTW...we have enough INK'A'CHANGE left in stock here at the Balcony head quarter.

All the best to all of you and thanks a lot for your support

Alex
[/quote]

Yes Alex it was me !!! :)

Well to make you feel a little better you somehow DID put something special as a little gift in the package - some extra cards I think in a little envelope?

So THANK YOU my friend - and I am just quite busy now and haven't had the time to mess with this quite yet. But I am excited.

And yes it did arrive quick - considering the slow international mail service these last years. I was hoping to use this at a gig a few weeks ago but no matter as I need some time to absorb anyway.

Best to you - anyone thinking of getting this can always order direct from Alex and Balcony Productions.
Just finished watching the DVD I love the explanation Alex gives over the slight noise issue "that's what magic sounds like" Genius
Message: Posted by: Silver Glove Magic (Apr 21, 2013 11:38PM)
Rats, this effect is out of stock everywhere. Suggestions anyone?
Buy directly from the creator - Balcony Production. Mine arrived from Germany to USA in less than 10 days. Not too bad...

Still haven't opened the package yet - I'm learning a 4 page script for an upcoming show and it is my highest priority until show day.

http://www.balconyproductions.com/
Hocus Pocus shipped my order today, so they now have it in stock unless they sold out again. I would check with them via eMail to make sure....

Penguin has the best price by far, but it's not expected back in stock until May 20th.

Message: Posted by: Silver Glove Magic (Apr 22, 2013 08:31PM)
Appreciate that URL Say Sold!
Hocus Pocus does not have this in stock. I ordered last night as well as a couple other items. Their site showed them all in stock, yet I got an email today stating all 3 items I tried to order were not in stock! Maybe they should follow Penguin Magic's lead, if the item is out of stock, it will not let you order it!!
Guess I will be waiting like everyone else, and do not want to pay the extra for overseas shipping!
Hocus Pocus claims to have shipped mine yesterday (ordered 2 weeks ago), but nothing is showing up yet on the USPS Tracking Site.

Opened up the package at work today, and I said to myself, "More of that stuff, eh?"

I just watched the first 10 minutes of the DVD, and I had to stop and come here to say "WOW"!

I've been awake since 5:30 this morning and I really need some sleep, but darn it, this is going to be one of those long nights again!

Great to hear you like it bats! :)
If you like feel free to post your oppinion on it!
Would love to hear what you think.

Regards
Nico
Hi All,

I have two questions:

1. Rather than one design appear in place of another, can you begin with a "blank" card and have some word or design "appear"?

2. Can the appearance be done "face-down" so that it is not seen by the volunteer until the card is turned over?

Thanks.

Regards, Steve
[quote]
On 2013-04-26 11:04, yachanin wrote:
Hi All,

I have two questions:

1. Rather than one design appear in place of another, can you begin with a "blank" card and have some word or design "appear"?

2. Can the appearance be done "face-down" so that it is not seen by the volunteer until the card is turned over?

Thanks.

Regards, Steve
[/quote]

1. Can't really start blank because black art is used to conceal gimmick
2. Can't be done face down because you will see gimmick
Hi Bats :),

Would you be able to offer a detailed review? It seems like we have until May 24th to make up our mind if we are going to order from Penguin but some might think it worth paying the higher price from overseas to have it sooner if a very detailed review gave it a mostly "Thumbs Up"!

saysold1 and Zombie are behind it, it seems, so I am already sold but a few possible "downsides" such as "noise" have been mentioned I was hoping one of the magicians could give sort of an: "I did Ink-A-Change in the confessional for my priest and he BARELY heard it" :) example of his own out-in-public response.

I am focusing on the "sound" part of the illusion because I purchased 2 MICRO PSYCHICs and, as fun as they are, I wish they could be silent. People still mostly enjoy the "magic" of Micro Pyschic but, due to the sound, some sometimes suspect it isn't a normal nut and bolt.
I can usually "cover" the sound by explaining God gifted me with an X-Men like power: "Vibration". I have this rare ability to make my eyes "vibrate" rapidly from side to side which looks sort of...spooky...and crazy, but it's almost as if the Lord made me that way JUST so I could have a great lead-in to Micro-Psychic! I "vibrate" my eyes as the nut slowly turns and drops and few people ever question the sound they've heard--it was my "vibrating power" of course transferrin out through my fingers. :)

Usually my "vibrating eyes" don't cause me embarassment. However, I've "vibrated my eyes" on one or two occasions where a spectator's eyes got VERY wide and they backed up saying: "Get AWAY from me!" One fella even held up his fingers making the "sign of the cross" as he slowly backed away desperately searching for a clove of garlic to throw at me. :) (Ok, just teasing there, THAT hasn't happened yet)

I don't think my eyes would help though in this instance if INK-A-CHANGE is sort of on the noisy side. Still, I have confidence that one of the magicians will have a perfect cover, for any noise that might be a small issue, that maybe hasn't already been taught or suggested...or maybe the perfect solution IS in the DVD.---would just like to hear that confirmed by someone relating a one-on-one type of performance experience done in a quiet setting. (I'm trying to nail it down for us Magic Maddy :))

I don't have the illusion yet so the best I can offer is a "GUEST-TI-MATE" review, sometimes known as a "HE HAS NO CLUE WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT REVIEW":

OFFICIAL GUESS-TI-MATE REVIEW:

THE PROS (derived completely from the plagiarized thoughts of Café Magicians who actually have INK A CHANGE):

[quote]
On 2013-02-07 18:25, ABK-Magic wrote:

Hey Judah,

[quote]
On 2013-02-08 06:12, WeiserSide1 wrote:
Hey Café members!

Ink'a'Change is now available at Penguin magic!...I have used this effect for the last year now, it is extremely versatile and very deceptive..I have fooled many layman as well as magicians with this masterpiece

[quote]

The gimmick is well hidden and after the change is so far away from the card you hand out that there is no heat to worry about. It is one card thick so its not bulky…. There is some noise, but after making a quick gimmick I find it minimal and covered in several ways.

Reset is instant.

[quote]

[quote]
On 2013-04-04 10:34, saysold1 wrote:
I just shared a PM with one of the posters here on this thread who bought this & thinks Ink A'Change is a great effect... and noise is not a big issue with the right cover or setting.

I trust this person based on past experience - looking forward to hearing more.

[quote]
On 2013-04-07 19:47, Astrocity wrote:

I sold my copy because I already had the materials necessary to build the gimmick and once I saw the procedure, it was pretty straightforward…

…Also, let me address the "noise" issue that has been brought up. It was addressed in the DVD as pointed out above, and in your presentation of the reveal, a very simple action, one that makes perfect sense in the context of performing the effect, is all it takes to address that.

[quote]
On 2013-04-25 22:15, BatsMagic wrote:
Opened up the package at work today, and I said to myself, "More of that stuff, eh?"

I just watched the first 10 minutes of the DVD, and I had to stop and come here to say "WOW"!

[quote]
On 2013-02-08 14:03, ABK-Magic wrote:

All the best

Alex

To Summarize the PROS:

#1 “INK-A-CHANGE” delivers the illusion exactly as we see it in the Video Demos and the magicians who have it like the effect’s visual impact so much that they believe the power of the impact overrides a “noise” issue that they believe can be dealt with—no problem.

#2 It is possible to quickly build your own gimmick —YAY TEAM !! The “Mc Gyver” in all of us LOVES being able to build the magic we perform and not have to re-purchase gimmicks.

#3 If anything ever DOES need to be repurchased, it won’t be until hundreds of performances later.

#4 The DVD’s contents are straight forward and easy to learn.

#5 Reset is instant

#6 EXTREMELY unlikely the gimmick would be discovered

#7 If you are Brett you get special free stuff :)

THE CONS (Also derived completely from the plagiarized thoughts of Café Magicians who actually have INK A CHANGE):

[quote]

[quote]
On 2013-04-07 19:47, Astrocity wrote:

…What you may find if your cards have a thick or highly glossy coat finish, is that the gimmick can have issues staying until you want to do the reveal. As I said, common sense told me what to try and it worked like a charm.

[quote]

….If I had to name a few downsides, and these are only IMHO, is that you cant do it with just one or a few cards, you definitely need a stack of cards. And if your cards are white on both sides the gimmick is not camouflaged very well after the effects. On Alex's cards it is hidden well, on mine, not so much. BUT that is not a large issue as there is no real need to show where the gimmick ends up. And Alex provides a clean up that covers it. People who buy it will understand my comment. The only other small issue is the noise, but like I said, there are plenty of way to cover.

[quote]

To Summarize the CONS:

#1 It isn’t completely silent, at least not in quiet settings.

#2 Not every kind of card is ideal to use

#3 There is at least a “slim” possibility of the device going off early

#4 At least one magician isn’t convinced that the device won’t be seen

#6 To date we’ve had credible recommendations and praise from trustworthy magicians
BUT, so far, no REALLLYYYY in-depth review of the type saysold1 and Zombie and Ustaad sometimes offer.

#7 Balcony Production didn’t make enough units during initial manufacture…come on guys..you had to KNOW most people were going to love it!

#8 Balcony should try to stay close to Penguin pricing as much as possible, if possible.

#9 I’m not Brett :(

I hope this “OFFICIAL” : “HE HAS NO CLUE REVIEW” was helpful. :)

your friend,
Alex
Need a bit of time to do that, but I will.
I'm at work right now, and I need to do a few things this weekend. Maybe Sunday night....

I just haven't had time to even break open the package - sorry guys! I usually come through but I'm slammed now.
Just got mine today after an extensive back order at Hocus
YAY TEAM !!

Thankyou Bats and emerys; Many of us trust your opinions. I so hope you can eventually be freed up time-wise saysold: your reviews are ALWAYS top-notch and very helpful

Some good in-depth reviews are on the way from some of the best!

(Waiting...Waiting....EXCITED !!....Waiting...) :)
The method is creative and something I wouldn't have figured out on my own. It will take about 10-15 minutes to make and they walk you through construction on the DVD. You use your own business cards and the reset is instant. The routines they show are very clever. The snow globe routine is my favorite. Now for the two issues everyone wants to know about, noise and reliability. As for noise, yes, it makes a noise. Not a "hear it across the room noise" but definitely a noise that would lead the spectator to think something just happened. So in a noisy environment, you are probably ok. Otherwise you are definitely going to have to snap at the time of the change.

As for reliability, the big question is whether it is controllable. The answer is "sort of". On the DVD, the gimmick goes off early a few times. Didn't exactly instill confidence. They claim it should be safe for 10-20 seconds but there's no real way to guarantee that. To me, this was the biggest issue.

The other issue is the actual get ready when you actually draw the prediction. To me, this was another weak point. You essentially need two hands to do it correctly and while the needed actions can be hidden somewhat, the actions don't look like something you would do if all you were doing is drawing a prediction.

Bottom line, the method is very clever, but the control factor and the get ready will likely keep people from giving this a go.
Emyers99, thank you for taking the plunge to order this and let us know your feelings on it.

My favorite business card trick is TOOSH by Steve Haynes. I don't feel Ink'A'Change is strong enough for me to switch, so I'm going to pass on getting it. The control factor is too great an issue for me.
I've been messing around with this for the last two hours or so, and I like it.

There are, however, a few "buts" to contend with.

The noise issue has been brought up, but I'll say it really is a non-issue. I did a sample performance for my daughter. The television was on and I was talking. She heard nothing, and she was not more than 3 feet away from me. Her jaw dropped open (and I mean that- her jaw dropped open for real!) and she asked me to do it again. I did it again- she still heard (or saw) nothing. My daughter is my "assistant" when it comes to practicing and working out the bugs of my performance. She tells me if she sees or hears anything funny. She had to help me prepare the gimmick (I couldn't do it by myself, although I tried), so she had an idea of what was going on, but she was still amazed! I wouldn't do it in the library, but in most normal situations this should be fine. If you have any doubts, just snap your fingers.

I have one MAJOR problem with using my own business cards to do this. It will not work with the cards that I currently have. Despite that, I still like this. I like it so much that I am going to have more cards printed up, even though I currently have a good supply of cards on hand. Just to be fair, I was considering having more cards printed up anyway, so now I have two reasons to do that. I wanted to have "Balloon Twister" added to my title of "Magician", since I've learned to make various balloon animals and stuff recently.

Why won't my cards work with this? Because my cards are printed on a card stock that is very "soft", they are not coated with a glossy finish, and the paper also has a series of raised ridges on it. For those reasons it won't work very well. I believe that you will need a "hard" paper that is glossy on one side and not on the other (so you can draw on it), with no ridges on it. I also believe that if you have cards with that "raised ink" on it, this will not work for you.

I had to go to my local pizzeria and grab a bunch of their business cards to do this today. Even though I think that my cards are on a nicer, more expensive paper stock than the pizzeria's, their cards worked very well and mine didn't.

But I believe that most BC's are printed on a normal paper that will work well. It's just that in my creative effort to produce a nice BC, I made a mistake in choosing the paper that I used.

There is a possibility that the change will happen when you do not want it to. Again, I don't think that will be a major issue. There are ways to prevent that from happening. But it could. The DVD will help you avoid that.

I also believe that you will have to make new gimmicks fairly often, depending on how often you use it. I'm not sure how long I would use one gimmick before replacing it with another, but I am reasonably sure that a gimmick will not last too long. But I replace decks of cards every few weeks- less if I use it a lot. And any time that I have a real paid performance (which is honestly not very often), I open up a new deck as well. Why shouldn't I replace this gimmick also? It will cost you around one thin dime and 15 minutes of your time to do that. Remember- a bad carpenter always blames his tools for his poor work. Don't let your bad tools cause a bad performance!

Here is the thing that I am most uncomfortable with. To set up the effect, you must do some fiddly things. I do not like fiddly things. Like, for instance, Nick Einhorn's "Deluxe Set of Nesting Wallets". Despite lots of stellar reviews from Café patrons, I will not buy it because it requires a Mercury CF, if I am not mistaken. I am just soooo uncomfortable doing a MCF. So that is not for me.

I will, however, after much practice and getting new business cards printed, do the fiddly things that need to be done for "Ink'A'Change". It is such a beautifully visual thing that happens right out in the open, I just can't resist. It is so simple to actually do. No knuckle-busting sleights required. The only practice that I need is with the fiddly things. And I am probably being overly cautious with saying I need to practice doing the fiddly things. It's just that I perform for lots of grabby people that are always looking for funny things that I am doing. So I can practice with pizzeria BC's, and as soon as I get mine done, I should be ready to go. I'm never in a hurry to add something to my performing repertoire, but this I am looking to add ASAP. I need a month to get new cards, though- can't afford the BC expense, which seems an unnecessary thing. I suppose that I can use La Familigia business cards instead, but it's just not professional enough for me. I know- I'm not a professional, but I have my standards. And if you don't like my standards, I can always get others!

So I actually recommend this fairly highly, especially if fiddly things don't bother you. Even if they do, I think it is worth your while. It's not overly fiddly. And it's such a beautifully visual thing to behold! It's not like passing your hand over a queen of hearts and changing it into an 8 of clubs while your hand is hiding it, which is a standard thing for magicians. Right out in the open, and hand out your business card for a souvenir and a reminder of what you just did!

It would be impossible to forget you after you perform this.

Obviously I have no real world performance experience with this. But I will be performing "Ink-A-Change"!

Oh, and before I actually received this, I was thinking that maybe this could replace "Out To Lunch" for me (which I love!), but it won't. Can't really do the same kind of things with this one. At least I don't see it myself.

Hey bats,
Thanks for your in depth review! Great to hear you enjoy Ink'A'Change.
If you, or anybody else, have any questions feel free to ask!
@trueinventor
I had a lot of fun reading your post!
I'd also like to pick up some of your Cons:
#1 coverd by bats ;)

#2your business card is just fine for Ink'A'Change as long as you can see wrtitten ink on one side (the other side absolutely doesn't matter) and it's not too thin.

#3 if you handle the gimmick correctly it won't going off before you want to.
on the dvd cause the explaining took more time then you normally would need performing it.

#4 again if done correctly the gimmick is invisible, you as the magician know what to look for and therefore you can see your gimmick, but your audience doesn't.

you skipped 5# ;)

#6 now you got a review ;) btw: I found another one: http://magic.about.com/b/2013/04/09/review-of-inkachange-by-victor-sanz.htm

#7 we were sure people would love it but in the first few weeks it was kind a secret tip and was under the radar cause we at balcony don't like the hyping sh*t and suddenly everybody wanted it.
btw: we have more of these "secret tips" to come soon, so make sure to subscribe to the newsletter on http://www.balconyproductions.com, and follow on facebook, youtube and twitter.

#8 why should we stay close to penguin magic's price, we made the price and not penguin ;), they just lowered it on their site

#9 I'm sorry that you're not brett ;)

regards
Nico
It was pointed out to me by someone here that "Nest of Wallets" is not for cards and does not need a MCF.

I guess that I was mistaken. I'm confusing it with something else, or else I just forgot, if you know what I mean!

I'm getting too old to remember all of these things!

It wouldn't be the first time that I claimed one thing about an effect, but I confused it with another.

The amount of things that are released these days is just overwhelming- I can't remember which effect that I'm talking about!

... and now you are posting about Nested Wallets in the Ink "a" Change thread.... medic! :)
Not really, J M.

I mentioned "Nest" for a specific reason in my review of "Ink", which is several posts above this, but I made a mis-statement about "Nest".

I just wanted to try and explain my mis-statement.

I won't do it again! (Mention "Nest", I mean- I'm sure I will continue to make mis-statements!)

Got it... just re-read your review and understand... great review by the way. I picked this up yesterday and look forward to trying it out. Diamonds Magic in Peabody, Mass. has a few in stock...

Cheers,

John
Bats,

Thank you so much for taking the time for your review. You made a very compelling case to give it a try and I think addressed most if not all of the questions being asked.

Zombie's post reminded me that I own Toosh but I don't think ever opened it...dummy that I am. I will now!

Thank you again Bats, great job and I think you helped a lot of us out with your experience. Any "real-world" example is helpful but I especially appreciate and value the examples of how an illlusiion played when shown to someone the magician loves. Thankyou for sharing those things with us.

P.S. I think you have my favorie avatar in all of the Café!. :)
Thanks a lot, trueinventor.

The Bats part just comes from the beginning of my last name, which starts out with Batt. I've been called Bats by friends for most of my life, along with Johnny Bats and JB (again from my name).

So I now have video and got around to watching it after being busy for a few days. I really like the trick/gimmick. However now that I am looking to construct it, it appears that although I received IET with the DVD, it is no where to be found. Apparently I made it disappear and didn't even try.

In any event, what would be the best version of IET that I could purchase to replace the gimmick I lost. Have any of you played around with different types of IET and found a particular version to be more suited to use in constructing Ink'A'Change?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
[quote]
On 2013-05-03 12:44, Kaliix wrote:
So I now have video and got around to watching it after being busy for a few days. I really like the trick/gimmick. However now that I am looking to construct it, it appears that although I received IET with the DVD, it is no where to be found. Apparently I made it disappear and didn't even try.

In any event, what would be the best version of IET that I could purchase to replace the gimmick I lost. Have any of you played around with different types of IET and found a particular version to be more suited to use in constructing Ink'A'Change?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

I was wondering about the IET types too. I would imagine the kind for loops would not be strong enough.

Frank
This trick is insane. I've had no problem with noise, if its quite shake the pack and noise could be anything. When initially making it can be a pain, most magicians have worked with the special something in past, I found that there was a lack of tension when made up but can easily fixed. If anyone else is having this problem message me as I got a solution but not willing to post here as I can't explain without tellin method. Any way this is a real worker an is a must buy.

http://www.gregholroyd.co.uk
greg.david.holroyd@gmail.com
Finally got around to playing with this, had to order some new business cards. I got them thru Vistaprint and ordered their Premium Glossy finish, which I think is not really conducive to this trick. So may have to reorder some other cards. I really like the idea and method, I don't think noise will be a factor since I mainly do walk around and it is usually noisy at the venues I perform. Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the Glossy finish and getting the gimmick to stay in place?
Fcchief1, have you tried using more of the g**e?

I'll also be ordering some new business cards from Vistaprint with a glossy finish to facilitate LokI Kross's Sigil. That way, I might have a choice between performing Sigil and Ink'A'Change when I go strolling.

Nigel
I'm very late to this discussion. It looks fantastic - but I have one very important question to ask...

Do I need to prepare a gimmick for this for every performance, if I'm going from an apparently blank business card as a starting point in my routine?

Or is the gimmick something I can make up once and use many times without needing to remake?

Thanks,

Jamie.
No need to remake.
Disappointed, I'm afraid.
I'm staying away from 'fidely' stuff from now on.
No more Alexander Kohll for me.
This reminded me of 'Hawk' and that was a let down too.
Hi all, for those who use this and if Nico/Alex reads this, I'm wondering what business cards you are using to make the special something that comes with the trick to adhere to the card so the gimmick stays in place (trying to be a cryptic as I can without exposure). I'm finding coated laminated cards (silk or Matt) does not work because when you apply the special something, the gimmick does not adhere enough on your business card. I also bought non coated business cards which is just smooth white card but still having problems with the gimmick staying on the card securely enough until ready.

If anyone could let me know what type of business card is the best as far as the coating on the cards that would be great and would really appreciate it.
Thanks
I sent you a PM PRINCE