(Close Window)
Topic: Educating the subject
Just a quick story about how I got to coming here.

I was on set of a film doing stunts and one of the stunt guys is also a trained hypnotheropist (he did a course in Uni related to it) and has done stage shows etc. He showed us a few demonstrations (unfortunately I was rather nervous and he wasn't able to 'hypnotise' me). What I saw from the other guys was amazing, just how quick he moved...if someone overcame it (eg sticking his hand together or to the wall) he put them back into sleep and carried on. The funnies thing he did was made one guy have an itchy ear. It's a 'gotta be there' thing but was hilarious!

My friend bought me a book for xmas and I also got my ands on the book "Hypnotherapy By Dave Elman". I havent' read this one yet. Is it worth it? It's quite long, I just don't want to be reading something that will educate me about nothing or give me wrong information. What I've read on the guy is quite positive, but not seen anything about the book...

I have also read in many places trying on your self first is a good starting place? I have been. It has been useful recently. I have had a motorbike accident so this has helped me relax and sleep as I was only sleeping 2-3 hours a night waking up very often.
Not saying I've become a pro just saying it helps me relax what I have read and learned thus far. :)

Hope to see you guys round and will sure be active in this section! :)
Elman's book is a great choice if you want to learn ABOUT hypnotherapy and/or the "Elman induction."

If you want to learn ABOUT stage/entertainment hypnosis there are a variety of other books available, including books, DVDs, and online resources.

If you want to be able to actually perform hypnosis for entertainment very well, or if you want to learn how to DO hypnotherapy, take an in-person training.

If you just want to do what you're doing, keep calm and carry on.
Good advice from Kraigie there.
if I were doing it all again and just wanted to be able to hypnotise I'd go on one of those weekend workshops, where 99 times out of a hundred you'll know HOW to actively hypnotize (some people) by lunchtime of the first day. DVD's can be good but nothing beats a live workshop for giving you the confidence a DVD cannot deliver. Good luck Symnz and welcome :)