(Close Window)
Topic: Suggestions Needed
I have spent days searching for a solution to a problem and have come to the conclusion that I needed input from those in the know. I do a comedy show daily in Branson. Traditionally, my finale involves an escape and a simple switch with a stage hand, allowing me to appear in the audience. This year, I'm mixing things up a bit. The plan is to do a sucker type gag. I appear to be doing a very bad vanish and end up in the audience. I'm having a problem finding just the right base or illusion to accomplish this. I'm not worried about the switch, I have that down. I need a prop that doesn't look out of place in my act. Something like a dolly or a table would be perfect. Given my character, I could play off a "magical" looking prop as a spoof of flashy, Vegas type magic. I'm stuck. Can anyone recommend a builder or a commercial Illusion I could adapt? I've been looking at appearances and just doing them in reverse. Any ideas?
Look for Steve Wyrick's hotel routine on YouTube. He has a dolly illusion that might be adaptable for your use.
Hook up with Taylor Reed. A very nice guy and very giving. I think he took over Kirbys Theater
Mak King does something just like what you are saying. His base looks like two wooden palats on a cart. Then he has a cardboard box on top for the vanish. Contact Mak and ask him about it. It can be seen in some videos if you look him up on YouTube.