(Close Window)
Topic: You are under surveillance
Message: Posted by: Woland (Mar 18, 2013 09:25AM)
The internet is fun, but I am thinking about disappearing. [url=http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/16/opinion/schneier-internet-surveillance/]Here's why.[/url]
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 18, 2013 11:11AM)
HMMMM
I have a web site, two facebook pages, 20 or so directory listings, at least a dozen agents representing me, I belong to three magic forums, I pass out 2,500 business cards a year, I make posts on facebook daily in order to be noticed. If I'm not out there beating the bushes every day my phone will stop ringing, and now I find out that if I'm not careful people will find out that I drink coffee in the morning. Give me a break.

If you have the time to snoop into my personal life in order to find out that I lead an ordinary dull existence just you go right ahead, and if you are looking for some great family entertainment you can give me a call too. PLEASE

Woland
Are you on the witness protection program or are you just paranoid?
Message: Posted by: landmark (Mar 18, 2013 11:29AM)
Yes, no one with agreeable opinions and a smile on their face 24/7 should be in the least bit concerned.

Because we know governments would never use such information against their people. (Hi, Dan Ellsberg!)

Because we know big corporations would never hire private detectives to harass, assault, and even murder their detractors. (Postumous hugs, Karen Silkwood!)
Message: Posted by: tommy (Mar 18, 2013 11:58AM)
:pirate:
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 18, 2013 12:54PM)
If you can't find enough information about me from an on line search please PM me for further details. I can supply you with a more complete bio of me than simply snooping around will reveal.
Message: Posted by: LobowolfXXX (Mar 18, 2013 01:00PM)
I always wondered what your middle name was, Al.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 18, 2013 01:32PM)
Sure Lobo
My full name is Alfonso James Angello

The truth of the matter is there are companies that will sell you extremely personal information about anyone for only a few dollars. There is nothing new in Woland's article at all, and you are just as vulnerable today as you were years ago. So if the bail bondsmen is not knocking on your door today relax because he probably is not coming at all.
Message: Posted by: tommy (Mar 18, 2013 01:51PM)
The bail bondsmen is knocking on your door today, for bailing out the bankers you must pay.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 18, 2013 02:01PM)
Oh yes one very important fact I neglected to mention. Having a computer it not a requirement for being vulnerable.

Have a nice day
Message: Posted by: Jim Sparx (Mar 18, 2013 02:12PM)
I'm not on facebook or twitter and if you google my real name you won't find anything. I don't do porn or have a police record. I do have an FBI file, required of every serviceman and anyone who teaches or taught in public schools, worked for a police department, has a state license, or does volunteer work for government organizations such as the Wounded Warrior Project. They got my fingerprints. I ain't scared and I don't give a s***.
Message: Posted by: tommy (Mar 18, 2013 02:35PM)
Spartacus. You do have have a police record of course, you just haven't been convicted of a crime.

Are you known to the police? Is a question the cops often ask people they stop. Today if you said no to that question then they would want to know why not.
Message: Posted by: Steve_Mollett (Mar 18, 2013 05:34PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-18 12:11, Al Angello wrote:
Woland
Are you on the witness protection program or are you just paranoid?
[/quote]
It has to be the latter--the former would mean that THEY now have control of where he goes and what he does!
Message: Posted by: Pakar Ilusi (Mar 24, 2013 08:47AM)
I hope to get more shows and do my blindfold walk for charity in the US.

This is good news actually. :ohyes:
Message: Posted by: Dougini (Mar 24, 2013 11:33AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-18 12:29, landmark wrote:
Because we know big corporations would never hire private detectives to harass, assault, and even murder their detractors. (Postumous hugs, Karen Silkwood!)
[/quote]

Let's not forget Phil Schneider. Killed by a faction of our OWN government because he would NOT keep quiet!

RE: "This is ubiquitous surveillance: All of us being watched, all the time, and that data being stored forever. This is what a surveillance state looks like, and it's efficient beyond the wildest dreams of George Orwell."

Yeah...I got no problem being watched. I do have a problem with not being able to [i]tell the truth![/i]

Doug
Message: Posted by: Circusman (Mar 24, 2013 12:23PM)
Spot on Doug !

Accross the pond here, the government can - AND DO - go into peoples bank account details and private lives. This happens in spite of the fact that we have the 'Data Protection Act' designed to stop anyone (except the many government agencies} from spying on you and getting your details.
Presently here, they are prosecuting journalists for phone hacking, yet EVERY phonecall made here, whether from a mobile or house phone, is recorded and used by the government !
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 24, 2013 12:24PM)
It all depends on weather you see the glass half full or half empty. The future is your friend Woland. LOL

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp/50582822#50582822
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 24, 2013 01:41PM)
Should they do these things? Probably not. But if this thing gets you motivated I suggest you buy a donkey and find a windmill.

No sense closing the barn door once the horse is out. Oh and newsflash for you. Do you really think you can be off the grid? The simple fact that you are tryi g to be off the grid is a red flag. Life moves along guys. It is progress. I actually like it.

I guess I am not the required amount of paranoid or partisan.
Message: Posted by: tommy (Mar 24, 2013 09:44PM)
I was put under surveillance once by the police and it scared me. I haven't seen anything in a film that is quite like it.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Rinaldi (Mar 24, 2013 10:43PM)
We are all under surveillance and have been for quite some time, big brother has been shaping our technology for a long while and we are slow to get the worst of what they horde for themselves...and for right reason many times I am sure....just look at facebook...
Message: Posted by: Dreadnought (Mar 24, 2013 11:12PM)
When it comes to surveillance, I would not worry about the cameras you see and know about. It's the stuff you don't see or know about. If someone knows what they are doing, all they need is a phone number or address and your world is an open book.

Peace and Godspeed.
Message: Posted by: irossall (Mar 25, 2013 05:55AM)
I don't think there is enough surveillance, we need much more. There is still crime in the streets, home invasions, drugs everywhere and domestic violence. We need more camera's, drones and Police walking the streets. Only then will we all be safe and be able to live happier lives.
Iven :patty:
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 25, 2013 06:15AM)
I guess you haven't heard of "Echelon", the program that streams every message and email looking for key words of interest. It's been in operation for well over 15 years.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON


I know enough about computers and the internet to believe this and know the camera on your computer and iPad can be turned on from a remote location.

See: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/28/webcam_trojan_case/
Remember this: http://boingboing.net/2010/02/17/school-used-student.html

Big Brother is definitely watching you.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 25, 2013 07:02AM)
We used to worry about the commies coming, and not we worry about our own government coming. Is there no end to this comical paranoia?

Watch out Dennis when the government comes they will want all of your stuff.
Message: Posted by: landmark (Mar 25, 2013 07:02AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-25 06:55, irossall wrote:
I don't think there is enough surveillance, we need much more. There is still crime in the streets, home invasions, drugs everywhere and domestic violence. We need more camera's, drones and Police walking the streets. Only then will we all be safe and be able to live happier lives.
Iven :patty:
[/quote]
I'm guessing from some of your former posts that this is meant to be taken ironically. If not...well, I'll wait for your confirmation. :)
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 25, 2013 07:34AM)
You don't have nothing to worry about Al, we have nothing of interest to worry about being monitored. On second thought, at least I don't have to worry about running around with clubs in my hand.
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 25, 2013 07:38AM)
BTW, the first to go are those that are unarmed and have something of value. I don't think they want my egg bag. (Egg not real)
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 25, 2013 07:46AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-25 06:55, irossall wrote:
I don't think there is enough surveillance, we need much more. There is still crime in the streets, home invasions, drugs everywhere and domestic violence. We need more camera's, drones and Police walking the streets. Only then will we all be safe and be able to live happier lives.
Iven :patty:
[/quote]
Terminator 5 is coming!

I'm sure the above is a joke.

There will always be the have-nots who will take from those who "Have". (Individually or by government)
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 25, 2013 08:13AM)
Republicans fear the future, and progressives embrace the future mainly because the future is where we will spend the rest of our lives.

This reminds me of a couple years ago when Christopher Rinaldi was ducking the black helicopters that were buzzing his house. When I asked Chris what he had to hide he couldn't come up with one valuable that those guys in the black helicopters would want. I don't think Chris even owns a gun.
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 25, 2013 08:38AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-25 09:13, Al Angello wrote:
[b]Republicans fear the future,[/b] and progressives embrace the future mainly because the future is where we will spend the rest of our lives.
[/quote]
Where did you come up with that "crock"?

Isn't it "Republicans plan for the future", and progressives are the grasshoppers in the story "The Ant and the Grasshopper", providing an ambivalent moral lesson about the virtues of hard work and the reward for that planning for the future, which the grasshoppers now want because of their lack of foresight?
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 25, 2013 09:06AM)
Dennis
I did not expect you to understand Dennis after all you predicted a Romney landslide. My statement was made for the majority of Americans who did not vote for Willard Romney.

Everybody knows that republicans just don't get it
Message: Posted by: irossall (Mar 25, 2013 11:53AM)
Yes, "Tongue in Cheek". I couldn't resist.
Very often I get more than one person to respond back in agreement. Didn't work this time.
Iven :patty:
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Mar 25, 2013 12:17PM)
We just happened to be watching your room earlier and noticed that after someone sneezed your "god bless you" sounded less than concerned and sincere. We asked the nearest chaplain to stop by and make sure you and your faith are okay. In the mean time the doors to your room have been locked for your safety till this small matter is settled.
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 25, 2013 12:36PM)
Johnathan,
I see you though your computer and see picture frames on the wall... what appears to be an award, and a newspaper article.
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 25, 2013 12:37PM)
We get it Al we just don't waste our time with short sighted people.
Message: Posted by: Obviously (Mar 25, 2013 02:45PM)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We used to worry about the commies coming, and not we worry about our own government coming. Is there no end to this comical paranoia?

Watch out Dennis when the government comes they will want all of your stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Commies are still coming, to be sure.
Message: Posted by: tommy (Mar 25, 2013 02:46PM)
Isn't this surveillance illegal?
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 25, 2013 03:15PM)
By the Government...No.

Paranoia is believing "it" will happen. What I posted is or already happening.
Think about it, photos, taken everywhere, streets, ATMs, Banks, Stores, Home Alarm systems, Facebook, and so many others.

Smile you are not on Candid Camera.
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 25, 2013 03:59PM)
Al why so much hate and name calling and such?
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 25, 2013 04:38PM)
Dennis
After the government accumulates all of those pictures of you do you suppose they intend to make a great big Dennis scrap book?

Dennis do you really think you are that important?
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 25, 2013 04:53PM)
Like I said wait till your heros are not in power and you will be the loudest mouth running.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 25, 2013 07:40PM)
Danny
Do you mean after 8 years of Hillary's presidency, or after the supreme court takes a big left turn?

You guys just don't get it, but I'm sure after a few more election losses even you will catch on that the age of conservatism is over. The republican brand is damaged for the forseable future.
Message: Posted by: tommy (Mar 25, 2013 08:07PM)
And I guess you think it wasn't planed so by the bankers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTyZAM4ROQQ
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 25, 2013 11:03PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-25 20:40, Al Angello wrote:
Danny
Do you mean after 8 years of Hillary's presidency, or after the supreme court takes a big left turn?

You guys just don't get it, but I'm sure after a few more election losses even you will catch on that the age of conservatism is over. The republican brand is damaged for the forseable future.
[/quote]

Not hardly Al but nice try. After Obamacare keeps taking money from people as it is, and the economy keeps going bad and income goes DOWN again and again people will be sick of hope and change. Matter of fact I think they might be already.

Age of conservatism has not happened Al. Republicans are not conservative as a party. George Bush certainly wasn't one. Don't worry you will see it.

Although you are a great drone and a fantastic cheerleader. No facts will stop you. Just push forward cheering all the way. But hey health care is free right?
Message: Posted by: landmark (Mar 25, 2013 11:19PM)
Republicans are not conservative as a party? That's about the strangest statement I've heard today. I think most Republicans would disagree with you. Who were the people at CPAC then? How would you classify Republicans then?
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 25, 2013 11:28PM)
So George Bush was a conservative? Sorry. Not even close.

Romney was a conservative after putting forth a health care plan? Nope sorry.

Conservatives have not been in office. No matter how you wish to classify them. Read Burke. Then get back to me that the current incarnation of the republican party is conservative.

Or try Alexis de Tocqueville.

“Society will develop a new kind of servitude which covers the surface of society with a network of complicated rules, through which the most original minds and the most energetic characters cannot penetrate. It does not tyrannise but it compresses, enervates, extinguishes, and stupefies a people, till each nation is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd.”
¯ Alexis de Tocqueville

The new republican party just seems to think they can run big government better. NOT conservative at all. Read conservative works and tell me they are.
Message: Posted by: landmark (Mar 25, 2013 11:46PM)
Anyone living presently that you would classify as conservative? Trying to get a sense of your baseline here.
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 25, 2013 11:59PM)
Sure there are even some in office. Rubio sort of qualifies. Bobby Jindal. They are out there.

Look at who the media crucifies. That is probably them.
Message: Posted by: landmark (Mar 26, 2013 01:18AM)
Oh boy, if those are examples of your beacons, I don't think we're going to find much common ground in this area.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 26, 2013 06:49AM)
Danny
You did not see the Obama landslide coming, you do not see the 2014, or the 2016 landslide coming either. We have passed the tipping point and the republican party is shrinking at an alarming rate. Wake up and smell the coffee you do not have to go down with the ship.

Jindal, and Rubio are little league players that are still wet behind the ears.
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 26, 2013 07:30AM)
Keep posting Al, clearly you are way out there in left field. Your history is also a little weak.

Keep in mind, the Holocaust, the people didn't see that coming, and they did nothing wrong. Can it happen again?
It happened slowly, one step at a time. Never say never.

I try not to think about what is going on. I am now turning off the news, because there is nothing I can do about what is going on. My life is almost over, so I am enjoying these rare moments with the wife and grandkids. You can have your future, and it won't be free.

I personally will not live long enough to see where we are going.

The best thing for me is to think of the moment because I can't change the past or the future.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 26, 2013 07:44AM)
So you'd rather die than face the inevitable future.
Message: Posted by: Russell Davidson (Mar 26, 2013 09:30AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-26 08:44, Al Angello wrote:
So you'd rather die than face the inevitable future.
[/quote]

I don't believe that death is a choice.
Message: Posted by: landmark (Mar 26, 2013 09:36AM)
It can be.

And Dennis I agree with you that you never know when major changes are coming--but that works for the good too. Who would have predicted that Nelson Mandela would become head of South Africa in our lifetimes? Definitely not me. But there's no doubt that a change will be coming to the US soon, the question is whether the unrest will lead to a Fascist takeover, or some real change for working people. It is interesting times; sitting it out is an option, but there's more life in trying to have some influence on the outcome.
Message: Posted by: Russell Davidson (Mar 26, 2013 09:44AM)
I don't think Dennis is making that choice!

Good luck trying to influence matters. Always nice to believe in the illusion of freedom :)
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 26, 2013 09:52AM)
Yes Dennis seems to be giving up on life because we have a democratic president, and there is very little chance of having a republican president for the next decade or more.
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 26, 2013 10:23AM)
I am not giving up on life, and he is not a democratic president, he is a president who believe in the communistic way of life. Far from freedom and patriotism.
(Always nice to believe in the illusion of freedom) does put a smile on my face because I know what one is referring to.

I wrote a blank check for my life to the government for two years, to prevent the communistic way of life, that has not changed. I will not give in to the communistic way of life and admit to the 58,292 veterans who gave their life for this government was in vain.

Based on your posts, your beliefs are alined to those who spit on returning Vietnam veterans, and I believe you can't see that.

My son is working toward becoming the President candidate in the future, which I'll never see that day. Everything he writes in college, on Facebook, and does will be scrutinized and used against him by people like you. Clearly he knows more about surveillance, government, and history then most democratics.

You are what you say or post. Are you sure you haven't been hit on the head by one to many juggling clubs?
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 26, 2013 11:44AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-26 07:49, Al Angello wrote:
Danny
You did not see the Obama landslide coming, you do not see the 2014, or the 2016 landslide coming either. We have passed the tipping point and the republican party is shrinking at an alarming rate. Wake up and smell the coffee you do not have to go down with the ship.

Jindal, and Rubio are little league players that are still wet behind the ears.
[/quote]

Landslide? Hardly Al.

Your hero had no experience you you worship him.

Whatever talking with you is the equivilant of talking football with a cheerleader who only uses rah rah to express herself.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 26, 2013 12:48PM)
Dennis
I volunteered into the US Navy in 1963 at the age of 17 years old. I went to Vietnam in 1965 on the USS Manley for a 7 month tour of duty. I am a patriotic honorably discharged veteran. Me and 51% of the American people voted for our president and I resent your unamerican rhetoric.

Danny
Ronald Reagan had a 50.8% landslide victory, and Barack Obama had a 51% squeaker victory. I guess republicans have a lower threshold for landslides don't they?

The truth will set you free
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 26, 2013 12:56PM)
Al stop. You were the loudest mouth against George.Bush. Was that un American? Your idol Hillary says we have the right to disagree with any administration and not be unpatriotic.

Stop the aggressive crap Al. You are acting like a child.

I disagree with Bob but never doubted he is patriotic. So just grow up some.

Your really hateful for a hippie Al. No voice is allowed another opinion in your myopic wiew. (Yes Bob I say hate because Al in particular is the most hate filled burned out hippie I have ever seen. All rage and absolutely no information except his cheerleading cues.)

Switch to better pot Al. You need to mellow out some.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 26, 2013 01:23PM)
If you can't take the message attack the messenger.
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 26, 2013 01:33PM)
Al. Reagan received 525 electoral votes. The highest number ever.13 to Mondale. Oops. A better than 97% margin.

Even Nixon got 520 to17. A better than 93% margin. Plus over 60% popular vote.

So where does this so called landslide we just experienced fall?

Keep cheering Al. It is what you are good at. But it turns out facts are not your forte. Who was the patron saint of the poor again?

I make no claims about who is or is not a good president. Just showing how cheerleaders in general shouldn't call plays.
Message: Posted by: mastermindreader (Mar 26, 2013 01:48PM)
I'm wondering what happened to the Romney landslide that Fox and many right-wing pundits were predicting. It was amazing to see how in touch with the facts Karl Rove was on election night.
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 26, 2013 01:51PM)
That was a serious wishful thinking. Much like some of the people who thought Palin would put it over the top for Yosemite Sam.

What was the last "fact" you can conclusively say he was in touch with? Certainly not in the past couple decades!

And lets be honest Bob there is a difference in the predictions and what Al is doing LOL.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 26, 2013 02:34PM)
Danny
This whole conversation began when Dennis started saying untrue hateful things that I had to debunk.
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 26, 2013 02:42PM)
You can't debunk by adding more bunk Al.
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 26, 2013 03:20PM)
I was talking about Surveillance and Al was babbling about politics and his best buddy.

Like you said Al the truth will set you free.

Your comments have nothing to do with the reality of Surveillance in this country.

You do remind me of those hippies in the 60's and their chanting about how "They shall over come" and how the American Veteran was/are dirt.

I am with the majority of the military who thinks what is happening to our country is wrong, and the dismantling of the Constitution.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 26, 2013 03:21PM)
Danny
Dennis got me quite angry when he accused me of protesting returning Vietnam veterans when the truth of the matter is I volunteered to fight in Vietnam at the age of 17.

Our disagreements are an old and totally different story.
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 26, 2013 06:54PM)
So you choose to make a fool of yourself in order to get even? Not the tactic I would choose but it is a free country keep going.
Message: Posted by: tommy (Mar 26, 2013 07:06PM)
I am watching you two. :)
Message: Posted by: tomsk192 (Mar 26, 2013 07:10PM)
Well I'm watching you watching them... But I get the feeling you're watching me doing that...
Message: Posted by: LobowolfXXX (Mar 26, 2013 07:32PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-26 14:48, mastermindreader wrote:
I'm wondering what happened to the Romney landslide that Fox and many right-wing pundits were predicting. It was amazing to see how in touch with the facts Karl Rove was on election night.
[/quote]

It was a wildly inaccurate guess with no basis in fact. Like when the President told us how much the ACA would cost.
Message: Posted by: tommy (Mar 26, 2013 07:40PM)
Who counted the votes?

You have to watch them.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 26, 2013 09:40PM)
No fear Dennis I'll never take you seriously again.
Message: Posted by: AllAboutMagic (Mar 27, 2013 12:16AM)
Al, while I thank you for your service to our country, you make me embarrased to be a democrat. Your behavior is routinely childish, even if you are just trying to ruffle people's feathers. You definitely are more of a hinderance to the democrat agenda then you are a help to it. Hopefully your clients never see what you write on this forum. Though if I was your competition in your area I think as a business tactic I would post links to your conversations here everywhere you advertise.......LOL......I can be childish too!!!
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 27, 2013 07:47AM)
AllaboutMagic
Dennis is my competition, and of all the magicians in my area he is easily the grumpiest.
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 27, 2013 09:19AM)
Al, you are so full of yourself. We haven't seen each other in at least 3 years, however, I have to agree with those above, especially the embarrassment, both to the democratic party and magicians. Now I can add veterans.

BTW, you take no one seriously except yourself.
Message: Posted by: AllAboutMagic (Mar 27, 2013 10:07AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-27 08:47, Al Angello wrote:
AllaboutMagic
Dennis is my competition, and of all the magicians in my area he is easily the grumpiest.
[/quote]

Well you proved me wrong Al, I was sure that I was going to receive a tirade from you, which would have been proceeded by an equally childish nener nener nener post by me about dishing it out but not taking it. Kudo's to you for not taking the bait ;)
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 27, 2013 10:21AM)
AllaboutMagic
I am a kids magician, a comedian, and a democrat being all three of those things means that I have to be able to take it. LOL

Good talking to you my friend
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 27, 2013 12:20PM)
If your avatar didn't have a picture of a girl he would have gone nuts.

Al you are the classic comic. Nobody but you seems to think you are the least bit amusing.

But then again facts have never been high on your list of priorities.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 27, 2013 12:41PM)
Danny
I really hate to tell you this because of your sincere concern for my well being, but I already have a mother.

The truth of the matter is AllaboutMagic did not call me a traitor to my country for being a member of the democratic party like crazy Dennis did, and I have no idea if AllablouMagic is a boy or a girl, it doesn't really matter.
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 27, 2013 02:28PM)
Al, I did NOT call you a traitor, that for Jane Fonda. Unpatriotic, well that fits you best buddy very well. You are who you believe is best for our country, I just don't share your views.

You do not think like most veterans and you scare me because of your radical idealism. This is the man you idolize.

These are NOT my words but do see the truth in his words,

"I don’t like them (Obamas) because they are committed to the fundamental change of my/our country into what can only be regarded as a Communist state...I condemn them because they are the worst kind of racialists, they are elitist Leninists with contempt for traditional America. They display disrespect for the sanctity of the office he holds, and for those who are willing to admit same Michelle Obama’s raw contempt for white America is transpicuous."

Please Read the whole article by [url=http://mychal-massie.com/premium/why-i-do-not-like-the-obamas/]Mychal Massie on January 5, 2013 [/url] It pretty much sums up this super hero of yours.

Al...
Before you rant about me and my political party, know yours well. And about me dying, Agent Orange has done it's unrepairable damage so I have earned the right to be grumpy at times. Don't lecture me about a man you don't know at all, or those who don't share your views. I agree with Danny here..."Nobody but you seems to think you are the least bit amusing."


Here's a fitting OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA by Lou Pritchett a well know educated corporate executive, which sums up your super hero.

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core..

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Lou Pritchett

Now ask yourself Al, since you appear to swear by this omnipotent, omniscient, elitist Leninist how much of the above fits you? This is your idol you love to rant about and shove down the throats of Republicans. At the very least you should understand why I am a Republican, and don't like Government Controlled lifestyle.
Message: Posted by: Steve_Mollett (Mar 27, 2013 06:02PM)
Then become an anarchist. :yawn:
Message: Posted by: landmark (Mar 27, 2013 11:40PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-27 01:16, AllAboutMagic wrote:
... you make me embarrased to be a democrat...You definitely are more of a hinderance to the [b]democrat agenda[/b] then you are a help to it.
[/quote]
Gave yourself away there, buddy.
Message: Posted by: AllAboutMagic (Mar 27, 2013 11:59PM)
Are you an idiot? You don't think the democrats have an agenda, or the republicans have an agenda? That wasn't meant as a derogatory term, it is just a fact. (use of the terms agenda and idiot apply here) I happen to agree with most of what the democrats are trying to do.....hence I follow their AGENDA. Thanks for showing us how smart you aren't, BUDDY.

We are the richest country in the world I think we should all have the same health care as the idiots who decide what health care we get.

We are the land of the free....I think we should be FREE to love and marry whom ever we choose. (separation of church and state folks)

I think we should harness wind power over drilling.

I can go on and on and on......but I wouldn't want to confuse the tards here as to what an agenda means.

I swear this section of the Café is full of TOOLS.
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 28, 2013 01:25AM)
Turns out none of Washington will have the same health care as us. Still happy?
Message: Posted by: mastermindreader (Mar 28, 2013 02:25AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-26 20:32, LobowolfXXX wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-03-26 14:48, mastermindreader wrote:
I'm wondering what happened to the Romney landslide that Fox and many right-wing pundits were predicting. It was amazing to see how in touch with the facts Karl Rove was on election night.
[/quote]

It was a wildly inaccurate guess with no basis in fact. Like when the President told us how much the ACA would cost.
[/quote]

I assume you're referring to the CBO figures that he based his assessment on?
Message: Posted by: mastermindreader (Mar 28, 2013 02:30AM)
I've got to say that I've never seen so much uninformed garbage in one place until I read the Massie blog quoted above.
Message: Posted by: rowdymagi5 (Mar 28, 2013 04:26AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-26 14:48, mastermindreader wrote:
I'm wondering what happened to the Romney landslide that Fox and many right-wing pundits were predicting. It was amazing to see how in touch with the facts Karl Rove was on election night.
[/quote]

I said the same thinig when Bush whiiped Kerry. Everyone predicted a Kerry victory.
Message: Posted by: rowdymagi5 (Mar 28, 2013 04:27AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-26 16:21, Al Angello wrote:
Danny
Dennis got me quite angry when he accused me of protesting returning Vietnam veterans when the truth of the matter is I volunteered to fight in Vietnam at the age of 17.

Our disagreements are an old and totally different story.
[/quote]

You didn't volunteer to fight. If you wanted to fight, you would have joined the Marine Corp.
Message: Posted by: mastermindreader (Mar 28, 2013 05:12AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-28 05:26, rowdymagi5 wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-03-26 14:48, mastermindreader wrote:
I'm wondering what happened to the Romney landslide that Fox and many right-wing pundits were predicting. It was amazing to see how in touch with the facts Karl Rove was on election night.
[/quote]

I said the same thinig when Bush whiiped Kerry. Everyone predicted a Kerry victory.
[/quote]

Don't let facts get in your way. Prior to the election the polls had George Bush ahead of Kerry by 14 points.

[quote]n the beginning of September, the successful Republican National Convention along with the allegations by Kerry's former mates gave Bush his first comfortable margin since Kerry had won the nomination. A post-convention Gallup poll showed the President leading the Senator by 14 points.[/quote]

[quote]On October 29, four days before the election, excerpts of a video of Osama bin Laden addressing the American people were broadcast on al Jazeera. In his remarks, bin Laden claimed credit for the September 11, 2001 attacks and taunted Bush over his response to them. In the days following the video's release, Bush's lead over Kerry increased by several points.[/quote]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2004[/url]
Message: Posted by: landmark (Mar 28, 2013 08:06AM)
[quote]AllAboutMagic wrote:
... you make me embarrased to be a democrat.[/quote]

[quote]
On 2013-03-28 00:59, AllAboutMagic wrote:
Are you an idiot? You don't think the democrats have an agenda, or the republicans have an agenda? That wasn't meant as a derogatory term, it is just a fact. (use of the terms agenda and idiot apply here) I happen to agree with most of what the democrats are trying to do.....hence I follow their AGENDA. Thanks for showing us how smart you aren't, BUDDY.


[/quote]
Of course democrats have an agenda, read some of my posts once in awhile. You gave yourself away writing "democrat agenda." No member of the Democratic party (of which I am not a member) would write "democrat agenda" instead of "Democratic agenda." That's strictly a right-wing construction.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 28, 2013 08:17AM)
Rowdy
Now I'm a traitor to my country because I enlisted into the navy instead of the marines. Do you know Dennis very well?
Message: Posted by: rowdymagi5 (Mar 28, 2013 08:25AM)
Not saying that, but if you were all about fighting, as you stated, you could have ensured you were in battle.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 28, 2013 08:33AM)
Rowdy
I am a patriot, please do not mistake me for a suicide bomber. LOL
Message: Posted by: tommy (Mar 28, 2013 08:45AM)
People, of course, love being watched.

The more one is watched the more one is worth. Fame and and fortune go together like a horse and carriage. That I'll tell you, big brother, you can't have one without the other. Live stream your life and go with the flow and intelligence of the universe will yours, for $19.84.
Message: Posted by: AllAboutMagic (Mar 28, 2013 09:08AM)
What exactly did I give away Landmark? I know people on here can be nit picky.......but you get the award for the nit pickiest. To all in the democrat party.......no.......I'm sorry that was another right wing constructoin......the DEMOCRATIC PARTY my apologies. Be careful everyone there are spies among us.
Message: Posted by: rowdymagi5 (Mar 28, 2013 09:34AM)
I agree Al, you are a Patriot.
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 28, 2013 12:04PM)
Al, says he is a patriot, but I don't think he knows what that means. If he wants to call himself a traitor, that is up to him.

When the president wants to destroy, discontinue, and/or rewrite the Constitution after he swore to uphold it, I question his patriotism too.

A picture says a thousand words: [url=http://www.jonmcnaughton.com/one-nation-under-socialism-1/]Patriot: One Nation Under Socialism[/url]

One can say they are Patriotic but their actions, words, and posts, say otherwise. Stand by your beliefs, and accept responsibility for your actions and posts.

A true Patriot does not support the destruction of the Constitution. This single paper has been the cornerstone of what we are, and the guideline on what we become. Think of the hundreds of thousands who have died defending what it stands for.
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 28, 2013 12:32PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-28 09:17, Al Angello wrote:
Rowdy
Now I'm a traitor to my country because I enlisted into the navy instead of the marines. Do you know Dennis very well?
[/quote]

He never called you a traitor. He simply said if you want to brag about being in bayyles and fighting that perhaps the branch to join was one who has hele the slogan "first to fight".
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 28, 2013 02:32PM)
OMG
It must be kick the Sicilian day around here today. Get in line, be patient, and you will all get your chance to kick me in the stomach.

BTW
Thanks Rowdy
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 28, 2013 03:07PM)
No Al it is everyone is sick and tired of your ridiculous fact free hate filled ramblings.

You can't play victim with all the names you call people. Just act like a reasonable adult things will be fine.
Message: Posted by: tommy (Mar 28, 2013 03:20PM)
Hmmm The Sicilian race card! :)
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 28, 2013 03:23PM)
Tommy
As you can see Danny just loves to insult me, and I'll bet it really ticks him off that his insults only make me laugh.
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 28, 2013 03:30PM)
All Nobody has insulted you. Not once. being a victim won't work but it is hilarious to see you try. Matter of fact it is really the only time any of your posts are even remotely funny. People of your own political party are embarrassed by you and have said so. That is not me insulting it is simply others calling you on your childish behavior.

Doesn't upset me in the least. Of you don't mind making a fool of yourself that is your choice.
Message: Posted by: tommy (Mar 28, 2013 03:48PM)
The reason they are watching us all anyway, is that The Cult of the All Seeing Eye, has a God complex.
Message: Posted by: AllAboutMagic (Mar 28, 2013 07:51PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-28 16:30, Dannydoyle wrote:
All Nobody has insulted you. Not once. being a victim won't work but it is hilarious to see you try. Matter of fact it is really the only time any of your posts are even remotely funny. People of your own political party are embarrassed by you and have said so. That is not me insulting it is simply others calling you on your childish behavior.

Doesn't upset me in the least. Of you don't mind making a fool of yourself that is your choice.
[/quote]

You can't use me as an example Danny.......I already gave myself away (whatever the hell that means).....just ask skidmark. I am registered as a democratic (since I can't use democrat anymore) but am pretty middle of the road. I agree with many of our social programs, but also think if they were regulated better they wouldn't cost so much.

Al, come on now.....you don't know what gender I am? You should read more of my posts. If I am not a girl then I must be a very gay and georgous drag queen....LOL
Message: Posted by: landmark (Mar 28, 2013 08:45PM)
Democrat is a noun for a registered party member. Democratic is the adjective. See that wasn't hard was it?
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 28, 2013 09:39PM)
AllaboutMagic
I know who you are, and I will never tell.
Message: Posted by: AllAboutMagic (Mar 28, 2013 10:09PM)
Still trying to figure out what I gave away Landmark.
Message: Posted by: mastermindreader (Mar 29, 2013 03:08AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-28 13:04, Dennis Michael wrote:
When the president wants to destroy, discontinue, and/or rewrite the Constitution after he swore to uphold it, I question his patriotism too.
[/quote]

Not to worry. He left office in January, 2009 and, hopefully, will be the last to willfully subvert the Constitution. Now if we can just get rid of others of his political persuasion who seek to obstruct democracy, deny equal rights and impose their own religious beliefs on others in direct violation of the First Amendment, we may just get our country back after all.
Message: Posted by: R.S. (Mar 29, 2013 04:57AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-28 13:04, Dennis Michael wrote:

A picture says a thousand words: [url=http://www.jonmcnaughton.com/one-nation-under-socialism-1/]Patriot: One Nation Under Socialism[/url]

[/quote]

Um... you know that that's a painting and not an actual photograph, right?


Ron
Message: Posted by: irossall (Mar 29, 2013 05:42AM)
I would like to see a Café room for name calling and insulting fellow member's of the Café. A room with no holds barred. Could be great fun
I don't think I would be a participant but I would enjoy reading all the funny slurs and accusations that some of us enjoy hurling at each other.
Of course this room could not be censored and because of that fact, members would have to prove they are at least 18 years old to enter.
Just a thought.
Iven :patty:
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 29, 2013 05:54AM)
R.S. Yes, and all his others say thousands of words, quite simply one man's expression of the thoughts of many.

Mastermind, Lincoln was one of the worst for violating the Constitution. At this juncture, I believe to much damage has already been done to freedom, justice and the American way, and fixing it without a social and economical collapse is not possible.

AllAboutMagic, you gave your political position away, however, I respect your choice and the fact you don't try to jam it down others throats.

Every day I try helping veterans, as Service Officer for the American Legion, and every day I see less and less positive help for them by this administration. That's breaks my heart, and when one praises this administration for their on-going actions, I begin to wonder if they really can see or are they wearing blinders. I can't change the administration, but I don't have to be silent.

Quite simply, the Democratic way of life I knew in my youth is not there anymore.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 29, 2013 07:35AM)
At least when Dennis says evil things you know who he is. He may be crazy, but he does have the balls to tell you his name. Not like most of the other preachers of gloom and doom around here.
Message: Posted by: LobowolfXXX (Mar 29, 2013 08:06AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 04:08, mastermindreader wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-03-28 13:04, Dennis Michael wrote:
When the president wants to destroy, discontinue, and/or rewrite the Constitution after he swore to uphold it, I question his patriotism too.
[/quote]

Not to worry. He left office in January, 2009 and, hopefully, will be the last to willfully subvert the Constitution. Now if we can just get rid of others of his political persuasion who seek to obstruct democracy, deny equal rights and impose their own religious beliefs on others in direct violation of the First Amendment, we may just get our country back after all.
[/quote]

The one who left office in 2009 isn't even the last so far. At least he had the excuse that he wasn't a constitutional law scholar.
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Mar 29, 2013 09:50AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 08:35, Al Angello wrote:
At least when Dennis says evil things you know who he is. He may be crazy, but he does have the balls to tell you his name. Not like most of the other preachers of gloom and doom around here.
[/quote]

Crazy, I find that humorous. I have not said one evil thing, just wrote the facts as I and others see them. I am also aware that facts hurt because they cannot be challenged. As Al said "The truth will set you free."

Obviously Al, my belief system is far different than yours, therefore, I must be the crazy one. One needs only to compare posts and judge for themselves.
Message: Posted by: mastermindreader (Mar 29, 2013 12:02PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 09:06, LobowolfXXX wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 04:08, mastermindreader wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-03-28 13:04, Dennis Michael wrote:
When the president wants to destroy, discontinue, and/or rewrite the Constitution after he swore to uphold it, I question his patriotism too.
[/quote]

Not to worry. He left office in January, 2009 and, hopefully, will be the last to willfully subvert the Constitution. Now if we can just get rid of others of his political persuasion who seek to obstruct democracy, deny equal rights and impose their own religious beliefs on others in direct violation of the First Amendment, we may just get our country back after all.
[/quote]

The one who left office in 2009 isn't even the last so far. At least he had the excuse that he wasn't a constitutional law scholar.
[/quote]

It seems that the point of my post wasn't clear. It was intended to be ironic. The subtext was that it is simply wrong, and I think disgraceful, to question someone's patriotism just because he/she has different political views. That attitude, to my way of thinking, is the exact OPPOSITE of what was envisioned in the constitution.
Message: Posted by: Circusman (Mar 29, 2013 12:56PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 06:42, irossall wrote:
I would like to see a Café room for name calling and insulting fellow member's of the Café. A room with no holds barred. Could be great fun
I don't think I would be a participant but I would enjoy reading all the funny slurs and accusations that some of us enjoy hurling at each other.
Of course this room could not be censored and because of that fact, members would have to prove they are at least 18 years old to enter.
Just a thought.
Iven :patty:
[/quote]

Right, that's it ! (taking teeth out, hearing-aid off, specs off, spitting on hands to polish bald spot). Fight anyone ???
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 29, 2013 01:58PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 13:02, mastermindreader wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 09:06, LobowolfXXX wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 04:08, mastermindreader wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-03-28 13:04, Dennis Michael wrote:
When the president wants to destroy, discontinue, and/or rewrite the Constitution after he swore to uphold it, I question his patriotism too.
[/quote]

Not to worry. He left office in January, 2009 and, hopefully, will be the last to willfully subvert the Constitution. Now if we can just get rid of others of his political persuasion who seek to obstruct democracy, deny equal rights and impose their own religious beliefs on others in direct violation of the First Amendment, we may just get our country back after all.
[/quote]

The one who left office in 2009 isn't even the last so far. At least he had the excuse that he wasn't a constitutional law scholar.
[/quote]

It seems that the point of my post wasn't clear. It was intended to be ironic. The subtext was that it is simply wrong, and I think disgraceful, to question someone's patriotism just because he/she has different political views. That attitude, to my way of thinking, is the exact OPPOSITE of what was envisioned in the constitution.
[/quote]

So you are ok with Al questioning the patriotism of everyone who disagrees with him? Are you ok with all the name calling Fox gets? Where is your line?

Was it the OPPOSITE of what the constitution envisioned when THIS PRESIDENT as a senator running for his office said that running up debt like Bush did was "unpatriotic" and then went to run up unprecidented amounts of it?

Let me guess. Not a problem huh? Wonder why?
Message: Posted by: mastermindreader (Mar 29, 2013 03:18PM)
What are you talking about? I thought my post was pretty easy to understand.

Let me follow your example and put words into your mouth in order to create a straw man and deflect the topic-

Why do you ignore the fact that the deficit has been cut by billions since the President took office, despite what the right wing media, like Fox, would have you believe? (And isn't it the House of Representatives that passes all spending and appropriation bills? Check it out- it's in the Constitution.)

I was unaware that it was unpatriotic to call Fox names.

Where did I mention anything about Al? I was responding to Dennis's post that questioned the patriotism of the President.

And sad to see that you agree it is acceptable to call people unpatriotic because you don't agree with them. Everything you accuse me of seems to be projection on your part.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 29, 2013 04:19PM)
Bob
Haven't you noticed that on all of Danny's posts mentions how much he dislikes me? I am what you would call Danny's recurring theme. LOL
Message: Posted by: R.S. (Mar 29, 2013 04:26PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 06:54, Dennis Michael wrote:
Every day I try helping veterans, as Service Officer for the American Legion, and every day I see less and less positive help for them by this administration.
[/quote]


http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/08/obama-signs-veterans-aid-bill/1#.UVYD9F7D_cs

"President Obama signed a bill today designed to improve veterans' health care, help homeless veterans and prevent political protests near military funerals."

And...

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/19/news/la-pn-obama-veterans-jobs-corps-senate-20120919

"President Obama’s proposal to create a Veterans Jobs Corps to stem high unemployment among recent military veterans was shelved Wednesday after Republicans in the Senate balked over the five-year $1-billion cost, giving both sides fresh ammunition for the November election.

The measure had been on Obama’s to-do list for Congress, a modest set of initiatives aimed at boosting the nation’s sluggish economy that Republicans have largely rejected. The jobs bill would have hired veterans who served in the military since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, to work on federal public lands projects and would have established a network of job training centers."

And...

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-09-27/local/35497065_1_senate-republicans-disabled-american-veterans-procedural-objections

"The chairman of the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee complained Thursday that an unnamed Republican senator blocked a bill last week to provide veterans with an annual cost-of-living adjustment, a maneuver that could delay payments for recipients."

"The bill, HR 4114, was passed by the House in July and is intended to provide more than 3.9 million veterans and their survivors with a cost-of-living adjustment to disability compensation and benefits meant to offset inflation and other factors, according to Murray’s office. The bill normally passes each year without controversy."


Ron
Message: Posted by: tommy (Mar 29, 2013 05:29PM)
In the mean people should wear jumpers, use blankets, play board games and walk more to save on energy bills this winter, a Federal Government website says.

Isn’t that wonderful? 
Message: Posted by: mastermindreader (Mar 29, 2013 06:13PM)
And who was it who voted AGAINST the jobs act for veterans, despite the fact that their so-called priority was "jobs, jobs, jobs?"

BTW, President Obama SUPPORTED the act- which is probably the only reason that they opposed it.
Message: Posted by: mastermindreader (Mar 29, 2013 06:19PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 17:19, Al Angello wrote:
Bob
Haven't you noticed that on all of Danny's posts mentions how much he dislikes me? I am what you would call Danny's recurring theme. LOL
[/quote]

You know what I like about you Al? Every time I visit your FaceBook page I see more photos of happy families and kids who you seem to be entertaining nearly 24/7. Together with the work you do for the homeless and veterans, I'd say you've racked up enough good kharma points to last a lifetime.
Message: Posted by: Steve_Mollett (Mar 29, 2013 06:27PM)
Time for your MEDS, everyone! :stout:
Message: Posted by: tommy (Mar 29, 2013 07:14PM)
Al is like the band on the Titanic.
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 29, 2013 07:49PM)
Yea Bob l suspected it was ok to say anything just so they agree with you.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 29, 2013 08:50PM)
Thanks Bob
I don't have a day job, so I must keep busy to maintain my lavish lifestyle. My facebook fan page is getting me more business all the time. It's kinda like an open book to my career. I work very hard on my fan page, and I'm glad a real pro like you noticed.

https://www.facebook.com/AlAngelloJugglerMagicianCollegevillePhiladelphia

BTW folks if you check out my fan page be sure to click the like button too please.
Message: Posted by: mastermindreader (Mar 30, 2013 12:54AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 20:49, Dannydoyle wrote:
Yea Bob l suspected it was ok to say anything just so they agree with you.
[/quote]

Since that statement makes absolutely no sense I am, uncharacteristically, unable to respond.

Divert and deflect, Danny. You're very good at it.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Mar 30, 2013 08:13AM)
Don't forget intimidate Bob
Message: Posted by: tommy (Mar 30, 2013 08:26AM)
Who could forget Intimidate Bob?
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 30, 2013 11:41AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-30 01:54, mastermindreader wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 20:49, Dannydoyle wrote:
Yea Bob l suspected it was ok to say anything just so they agree with you.
[/quote]

Since that statement makes absolutely no sense I am, uncharacteristically, unable to respond.

Divert and deflect, Danny. You're very good at it.
[/quote]

No Bob sorry you are not stupid. You are not a good enough actor to pull it off. I am pretty sure you know what I am saying.

But for the record I will state it. You complain about behavior in those you disagree with and in those you agree with you either are suspiciously silent or embrace the behavior.

You have never mentioned Al and his extreme comments and his name calling but others do it and you have lots to say if you disagree with them.

I gave an example of President Obama saying exactly what you said was counter to the spirit of the constitution. Yet you play dumb so you don't have to answer.

Not very intellectually honest of you Bob.
Message: Posted by: mastermindreader (Mar 30, 2013 12:53PM)
Now I'm being criticized because I DIDN'T comment on something? I guess that's a lot easier than attacking what I actually wrote. (Not very intellectually honest, though.)

Once again, nothing but deflection and projection.
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 30, 2013 02:57PM)
Just as I knew.
Message: Posted by: Dannydoyle (Mar 30, 2013 02:58PM)
Just as I knew.
Message: Posted by: Steve_Mollett (Mar 30, 2013 03:06PM)
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was...
Message: Posted by: mastermindreader (Mar 30, 2013 08:12PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-30 15:58, Dannydoyle wrote:
Just as I knew.
[/quote]
Thank you for providing an excellent example of confirmation bias in action.
Message: Posted by: Zombie Magic (Jun 8, 2013 03:42PM)
Im beginning to understand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAIpI8IxgFs&feature=youtu.be&t=29s
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Jun 8, 2013 09:15PM)
Zombie Magic
That was the perfect line delivered by a Zambie channeling Bob Hope.
Message: Posted by: balducci (Jun 9, 2013 12:14AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-18 10:25, Woland wrote:

The internet is fun, but I am thinking about disappearing.
[/quote]
How (unintentionally?) prescient.
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Jun 9, 2013 09:35AM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-08 16:42, Zombie Magic wrote:
Im beginning to understand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAIpI8IxgFs&feature=youtu.be&t=29s
[/quote]

Loved it, and it's fitting!
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Jun 9, 2013 09:42AM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 17:26, R.S. wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 06:54, Dennis Michael wrote:
Every day I try helping veterans, as Service Officer for the American Legion, and every day I see less and less positive help for them by this administration.
[/quote]


http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/08/obama-signs-veterans-aid-bill/1#.UVYD9F7D_cs

"President Obama signed a bill today designed to improve veterans' health care, help homeless veterans and prevent political protests near military funerals."

And...

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/19/news/la-pn-obama-veterans-jobs-corps-senate-20120919

"President Obama’s proposal to create a Veterans Jobs Corps to stem high unemployment among recent military veterans was shelved Wednesday after Republicans in the Senate balked over the five-year $1-billion cost, giving both sides fresh ammunition for the November election.

The measure had been on Obama’s to-do list for Congress, a modest set of initiatives aimed at boosting the nation’s sluggish economy that Republicans have largely rejected. The jobs bill would have hired veterans who served in the military since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, to work on federal public lands projects and would have established a network of job training centers."

And...

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-09-27/local/35497065_1_senate-republicans-disabled-american-veterans-procedural-objections

"The chairman of the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee complained Thursday that an unnamed Republican senator blocked a bill last week to provide veterans with an annual cost-of-living adjustment, a maneuver that could delay payments for recipients."

"The bill, HR 4114, was passed by the House in July and is intended to provide more than 3.9 million veterans and their survivors with a cost-of-living adjustment to disability compensation and benefits meant to offset inflation and other factors, according to Murray’s office. The bill normally passes each year without controversy."


Ron
[/quote]

Note all these posts were before the election, and still no progress for Veterans. Wait times are reaching 3 years for wounded warriors. Signing a bill to keep protesters away from dead veterans for two hours is not progress.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Jun 9, 2013 09:49AM)
Balducci
Do you think Woland is in hiding because of government surveillance?
Message: Posted by: Steve_Mollett (Jun 9, 2013 04:32PM)
"How Not to Be Seen..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zekiZYSVdeQ
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Jun 9, 2013 04:40PM)
Let's all hope that none of us are about to take a bullet for speaking or standing up.
Message: Posted by: tommy (Jun 9, 2013 05:18PM)
Barack Obama defends US surveillance tactics

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22820711

Nixon's illegal wiretapping scandal is the new normal today ain't it?
Message: Posted by: LobowolfXXX (Jun 9, 2013 06:40PM)
Obama got great mileage out of asserting that Bush's domestic surveillance was too far reaching, and we're miles past that now. If Obama the President bore even a passing resemblance to Obama the Candidate, it would be a good sic-fi movie.
Message: Posted by: ed rhodes (Jun 9, 2013 07:19PM)
[quote]
On 2013-03-26 13:56, Dannydoyle wrote:
Al stop. You were the loudest mouth against George.Bush. Was that un American? Your idol Hillary says we have the right to disagree with any administration and not be unpatriotic.

Stop the aggressive crap Al. You are acting like a child.

I disagree with Bob but never doubted he is patriotic. So just grow up some.

Your really hateful for a hippie Al. No voice is allowed another opinion in your myopic wiew. (Yes Bob I say hate because Al in particular is the most hate filled burned out hippie I have ever seen. All rage and absolutely no information except his cheerleading cues.)

Switch to better pot Al. You need to mellow out some.
[/quote]

Hang on. Are you suggesting that you have the freedom to criticize Obama and the general direction of the country but no one is supposed to come up and tell you that they think you're wrong? Freedom of opinion only goes in one direction?
Message: Posted by: mastermindreader (Jun 9, 2013 08:03PM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-09 19:40, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Obama got great mileage out of asserting that Bush's domestic surveillance was too far reaching, and we're miles past that now. If Obama the President bore even a passing resemblance to Obama the Candidate, it would be a good sic-fi movie.
[/quote]

Obama is working within the bounds of current law. Bush's wiretapping exploits were entirely illegal, as the law permitting it had not yet passed. Interesting now that all of those who voted FOR enhanced surveillance are now loudly opposing it.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Jun 9, 2013 08:04PM)
Tommy & Lobo
The president now knows I told my wife what I'm ordering for dinner, and if you two want to know also I picked the chicken. Now move on there's nothing to see here.
Message: Posted by: balducci (Jun 9, 2013 08:10PM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-09 21:03, mastermindreader wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-06-09 19:40, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Obama got great mileage out of asserting that Bush's domestic surveillance was too far reaching, and we're miles past that now.
[/quote]

Obama is working within the bounds of current law. Bush's wiretapping exploits were entirely illegal, as the law permitting it had not yet passed. Interesting now that all of those who voted FOR enhanced surveillance are now loudly opposing it.
[/quote]
Regarding your last comment, I'm not sure that is really true. National Review, for instance, has defended the current state of U.S. surveillance:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/350498/nsas-surveillance-no-clear-constitutional-violations-john-yoo

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/350546/what-private-what-not-andrew-c-mccarthy

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/350485/small-price-pay-jack-dunphy

I've seen many other articles on other conservative sites saying the same thing. As much as they dislike Obama, they mostly are not attacking him over this surveillance. The ones who are, based on what I have seen, seem to be outliers.
Message: Posted by: tommy (Jun 9, 2013 08:39PM)
Prism Used By GCHQ To Gather UK Information From Internet Companies

"There are legal processes to request information about British citizens using American services and if they are being circumvented by using these NSA spying arrangements then that would be a very serious issue," he said."

Hmmm

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/06/07/prism-used-by-british-gchq-gather-intelligence-_n_3402997.html
Message: Posted by: Scott Cram (Jun 9, 2013 09:41PM)
[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/nsa-whistleblower-edward-snowden-why]NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden: "I do not expect to see home again"[/url]

He may have good reason to be worried. After all, where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?
Message: Posted by: Mr. Mystoffelees (Jun 10, 2013 06:26AM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-09 21:04, Al Angello wrote:
Tommy & Lobo
The president now knows I told my wife what I'm ordering for dinner, and if you two want to know also I picked the chicken. Now move on there's nothing to see here.
[/quote]

I respectfully disagree. Below is a link to an interesting, if long, article from the Chronicle of Higher Education, entitled "Why privacy matters even when you have nothing to hide":

http://chronicle.com/article/Why-Privacy-Matters-Even-if/127461/

I would posit that this subject is really too serious to make light of. My vote is to err on the side of voicing strong opposition to the hijacking of our rights, freedoms and privacies. I realize that our culture is likely too docile to do much more than "voice", however...
Message: Posted by: LobowolfXXX (Jun 10, 2013 07:48AM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-09 21:04, Al Angello wrote:
Tommy & Lobo
The president now knows I told my wife what I'm ordering for dinner, and if you two want to know also I picked the chicken. Now move on there's nothing to see here.
[/quote]

The thing is, Al, you'd say that if he were stabbing children on live TV.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Jun 10, 2013 08:14AM)
Of course Lobo you know I would rather eat children than chicken.
Message: Posted by: tommy (Jun 10, 2013 08:30AM)
Of course we all know that you prefer battery children to free range.
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Jun 10, 2013 08:35AM)
Al, you have nothing to worry about because you say and do nothing important that the administration would take interest in you.

And readers, our freedoms, have eroded so much, I doubt we will ever get them back.

Me, I'll be long dead before before what is now happening, comes into full bloom.

BTW, did you know that in Maryland, they just pasted a "rain tax". Residents are taxed based on the amount of rain that falls on your property. Google it.

Imagine how much tax they could get if they could find a way to tax the "Bullship" that comes from the mouths of many!
Message: Posted by: tommy (Jun 10, 2013 08:53AM)
Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam
Where the deer and the antelope play
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word
On the long range surveillance all day
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Jun 10, 2013 09:33AM)
"We Wanted a President That Listens to All Americans - Now We Have One" - Jay Leno
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Jun 10, 2013 10:19AM)
Yes Dennis if the president wants to know what I'm doing today he really needs a life.
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Jun 10, 2013 10:49AM)
If you haven't figured it out yet Al, nobody cares what you are doing today.
Message: Posted by: Payne (Jun 10, 2013 11:01AM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-10 09:35, Dennis Michael wrote:

BTW, did you know that in Maryland, they just pasted a "rain tax". Residents are taxed based on the amount of rain that falls on your property. Google it.

[/quote]

I did and came up with this http://somd.com/news/headlines/2013/16902.shtml

They are not being taxed on the amount of rain that fall, but the size and type of property they own. Revenues generated by this property tax goes to fund storm water utility fees so as to protect the Chesapeake Bay from environmental damage due to polluted run off from storm drains.

Sounds reasonable to me.
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Jun 10, 2013 11:03AM)
Actually Dennis I'm visiting a sick magician friend today, and I intend to share secrets with him. LOL
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Jun 10, 2013 11:13AM)
Al, see that box on the wall or by the bedside? NSA is listening! (Nurses STation)
Message: Posted by: Mr. Mystoffelees (Jun 10, 2013 03:36PM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-10 12:01, Payne wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-06-10 09:35, Dennis Michael wrote:

BTW, did you know that in Maryland, they just pasted a "rain tax". Residents are taxed based on the amount of rain that falls on your property. Google it.

[/quote]

I did and came up with this http://somd.com/news/headlines/2013/16902.shtml

They are not being taxed on the amount of rain that fall, but the size and type of property they own. Revenues generated by this property tax goes to fund storm water utility fees so as to protect the Chesapeake Bay from environmental damage due to polluted run off from storm drains.

Sounds reasonable to me.
[/quote]

Guess your ox isn't being gored, eh?
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Jun 10, 2013 04:29PM)
OK, OK, OK, "Rain Tax" is a talking point! It is what it is.
Message: Posted by: Payne (Jun 10, 2013 04:30PM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-10 16:36, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:

Guess your ox isn't being gored, eh?

[/quote]

I pay property taxes. Currently they don't support waste and storm water facilities. Those funds come out of my monthly water bill. But the money that I pay in property taxes goes to support schools I've never had kids in, sports stadiums I never go to, and parks I rarely visit. I see the value of paying taxes, even if the money goes for things I'll never use. Because these things make society a better, more liveable place.
Message: Posted by: tommy (Jun 10, 2013 06:43PM)
Do you remember when Uncle Peeping Tom used to be Uncle Sam?
Message: Posted by: Steve_Mollett (Jun 10, 2013 06:55PM)
You mean that scowling jay who pointed at my grandpa and said, "You're drafted"?
Fortunately, they signed the armistice, ending WWI, before he had to report.
Message: Posted by: balducci (Jun 10, 2013 07:09PM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-10 07:26, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-06-09 21:04, Al Angello wrote:
Tommy & Lobo
The president now knows I told my wife what I'm ordering for dinner, and if you two want to know also I picked the chicken. Now move on there's nothing to see here.
[/quote]

I respectfully disagree. Below is a link to an interesting, if long, article from the Chronicle of Higher Education, entitled "Why privacy matters even when you have nothing to hide":

http://chronicle.com/article/Why-Privacy-Matters-Even-if/127461/

I would posit that this subject is really too serious to make light of. My vote is to err on the side of voicing strong opposition to the hijacking of our rights, freedoms and privacies.
[/quote]
Be that as it may ... apparently you may be in the minority.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/page/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2013/06/10/National-Politics/Polling/release_242.xml

56% of Americans say yes ("acceptable") to: "As you may know, it has been reported that the National Security Agency has been getting secret court orders to track telephone call records of MILLIONS of Americans in an effort to investigate terrorism. Would you consider this access to telephone call records an acceptable or unacceptable way for the federal government to investigate terrorism?"

62% of Americans think intrusions on personal privacy in order to investigate terrorist threats are a-okay: "What do you think is more important right now - (for the federal government to investigate possible terrorist threats, even if that intrudes on personal privacy); or (for the federal government not to intrude on personal privacy, even if that limits its ability to investigate possible terrorist threats)?"
Message: Posted by: tommy (Jun 11, 2013 04:14PM)
An ex-CIA employee has said he acted to "protect basic liberties for people around the world" in leaking details of US phone and internet surveillance.

Mr Snowden told the Guardian: "The NSA has built an infrastructure that allows it to intercept almost everything. With this capability, the vast majority of human communications are automatically ingested without targeting.
"If I wanted to see your emails or your wife's phone, all I have to do is use intercepts. I can get your emails, passwords, phone records, credit cards.
"I don't want to live in a society that does these sort of things... I do not want to live in a world where everything I do and say is recorded. That is not something I am willing to support or live under."

Mr Obama has defended the surveillance programmes, assuring Americans that nobody was listening to their calls.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22842837

New docs leaked show the National Security Agency has secretly gathered intelligence on millions of Americans for years.

http://rt.com/usa/anonymous-leaks-prism-nsa-docs-395/
Message: Posted by: acesover (Jun 11, 2013 04:55PM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-10 20:09, balducci wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-06-10 07:26, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-06-09 21:04, Al Angello wrote:
Tommy & Lobo
The president now knows I told my wife what I'm ordering for dinner, and if you two want to know also I picked the chicken. Now move on there's nothing to see here.
[/quote]

I respectfully disagree. Below is a link to an interesting, if long, article from the Chronicle of Higher Education, entitled "Why privacy matters even when you have nothing to hide":

http://chronicle.com/article/Why-Privacy-Matters-Even-if/127461/

I would posit that this subject is really too serious to make light of. My vote is to err on the side of voicing strong opposition to the hijacking of our rights, freedoms and privacies.
[/quote]
Be that as it may ... apparently you may be in the minority.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/page/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2013/06/10/National-Politics/Polling/release_242.xml

56% of Americans say yes ("acceptable") to: "As you may know, it has been reported that the National Security Agency has been getting secret court orders to track telephone call records of MILLIONS of Americans in an effort to investigate terrorism. Would you consider this access to telephone call records an acceptable or unacceptable way for the federal government to investigate terrorism?"

62% of Americans think intrusions on personal privacy in order to investigate terrorist threats are a-okay: "What do you think is more important right now - (for the federal government to investigate possible terrorist threats, even if that intrudes on personal privacy); or (for the federal government not to intrude on personal privacy, even if that limits its ability to investigate possible terrorist threats)?"
[/quote]

What do you think about waterboarding?
Message: Posted by: acesover (Jun 11, 2013 04:57PM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-11 17:14, tommy wrote:
An ex-CIA employee has said he acted to "protect basic liberties for people around the world" in leaking details of US phone and internet surveillance.

Mr Snowden told the Guardian: "The NSA has built an infrastructure that allows it to intercept almost everything. With this capability, the vast majority of human communications are automatically ingested without targeting.
"If I wanted to see your emails or your wife's phone, all I have to do is use intercepts. I can get your emails, passwords, phone records, credit cards.
"I don't want to live in a society that does these sort of things... I do not want to live in a world where everything I do and say is recorded. That is not something I am willing to support or live under."

Mr Obama has defended the surveillance programmes, assuring Americans that nobody was listening to their calls.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22842837

New docs leaked show the National Security Agency has secretly gathered intelligence on millions of Americans for years.

http://rt.com/usa/anonymous-leaks-prism-nsa-docs-395/
[/quote]

It is Bush's fault. :)
Message: Posted by: tommy (Jun 11, 2013 05:00PM)
U.S. online snooping: What Canadians need to know

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/06/10/us_online_surveillance_canadian_cyber_expert_weighs_in.html
Message: Posted by: Al Angello (Jun 11, 2013 05:09PM)
Acesover
Waterboarding is torture, and reading your email is snooping. Torture is not a good thing by anybodies standard, and reading someone's email is just being naughty.

I hope that helped
Message: Posted by: tommy (Jun 11, 2013 05:15PM)
Being a Peeping Tom is just being naughty and the new normal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo6lPifGnGA
Message: Posted by: acesover (Jun 11, 2013 05:20PM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-10 19:55, Steve_Mollett wrote:
You mean that scowling jay who pointed at my grandpa and said, "You're drafted"?
Fortunately, they signed the armistice, ending WWI, before he had to report.
[/quote]

No not that one. The one that says Uncle Sam needs you.

Of course some do not feel that it was or is their obligation to serve, which is now the case. No one has too. Many have already served honorably and some made the supreme sacrafice so that now no one "HAS" to serve. Speaking from personal experience I can say it was an honor to serve my country under the draft. I came home. However I know several who did not.
Message: Posted by: acesover (Jun 11, 2013 10:09PM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-11 18:09, Al Angello wrote:
Acesover
Waterboarding is torture, and reading your email is snooping. Torture is not a good thing by anybodies standard, and reading someone's email is just being naughty.

I hope that helped
[/quote]

I agree it is torture. Just wondering do the ends justify the means? Supposing hundreds or even thousands of lives are saved. No argument here...just questions.
Message: Posted by: LobowolfXXX (Jun 11, 2013 10:12PM)
If it happened now, it wouldn't be torture even if it didn't save anyone.
Message: Posted by: Steve Friedberg (Jun 11, 2013 10:53PM)
[quote]]
I pay property taxes. Currently they don't support waste and storm water facilities. Those funds come out of my monthly water bill. But the money that I pay in property taxes goes to support schools I've never had kids in, sports stadiums I never go to, and parks I rarely visit. I see the value of paying taxes, even if the money goes for things I'll never use. Because these things make society a better, more liveable place.
[/quote]

"Taxes are what we pay for civilized society.'' — Oliver Wendell Holmes
Message: Posted by: Scott Cram (Jun 12, 2013 12:39AM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-09 22:41, Scott Cram wrote:
where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?
[/quote]

Nobody has been able to answer that yet.

I guess that's a question that had no answer.
;)
Message: Posted by: balducci (Jun 12, 2013 01:03AM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-12 01:39, Scott Cram wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-06-09 22:41, Scott Cram wrote:
where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?
[/quote]

Nobody has been able to answer that yet.
[/quote]
I thought yours was a rhetorical question.

How about Daniel Ellsberg?

Or Bradley Manning?
Message: Posted by: Scott Cram (Jun 12, 2013 02:27AM)
It was a rhetorical question, but one from [i]Catch-22[/i]:

[quote]Yossarian attended the education sessions because he wanted to find out why so many people were working so hard to kill him. A handful of other men were also interested, and the questions were many and good when Clevinger and the subversive corporal finished and made the mistake of asking if there were any.

“Who is Spain?”

“Why is Hitler?”

“When is right?”

“Where was that stooped and mealy-colored old man I used to call poppa when the merry-go-round broke down?”

“How was Trump at Munich?”

“Hi-ho beriberi!”

and “Balls!” all rang out in rapid succession, and then there was Yossarian with the question that had no answer:

“Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?”[/quote]

I was throwing it out there just to see if anyone would catch it.