(Close Window)
Topic: OiATER by Tom Dobrowolski
Any video performance of this on the net?

thanks! :)
Currently not that I am aware of. I never got around to taping it but am planning on soon before I reprint the manuscript. In addition to this routine there is an entire O&W routine by Curtis Kam and a great ending sequence from Eric Jones. Eric recently put it on his new DVD. He's a fan of the routine. Thanks Eri!

You have probably seen this already but here are some additional comments from Michael Vincent, John Carey and Jack Carpenter who all purchased the manuscript. Thanks Guys!

From Michael Vincent on our oil and water manuscript "OiATER". (www.chicagomagicbash.com)Thanks Michael!

"The opening gambit fooled me completely and consolidated my belief in the power of assumptions, the opening sequence was and is perfect.
Your routine had just the right amount of progression and logical build up to the big finish which caught everyone at the table, beautiful stuff. The last time I saw an Oil and Water routine which had a strong impact on me was Darwin Ortiz's Ultimate Oil and Water, your routine is right up there.Well done on a superb effort and intellectual effort".

and

"I performed Tom's Oil and Water this week as a closer, it played beautifully.

The procedure allows for a lot of flexibility in terms of how you routine other effects around OiATER.

This routine is a keeper.

Well done Tom

Your friend

Mike Vincent"

From John Carey:

"Couldn't agree more. I have been using ideas from this manuscript applied to my 6 card oil and water from my dvd and it really has moved it on to another level. There is some inspired thinking in this work gentlemen. Highly recommended.

All the best

John Carey"

From Jack Carpenter:

"I can tell you right now those sequences are eye-poppers. Natural handling, no confusion, and totally convincing."

-Jack

AND:

“Hi Tom,

Just wanted to let you know I've completed the OIATER manuscript, and played around with it to my heart's content! I think it certainly is a very practical and convincing routine. And I really appreciate the way you've brought it out of the "quick trick" or "puzzle" category by routining it to a full length presentation piece. I really like the ending it is a knock out punch that they will never forget.

And the way the routine progresses to "less and less" adds a great theatrical suspense . . . with a little comic relief. (Though the work that Jones and Zuo added is quite magical, I think the joke is perfect- they already know you can do some amazing "separations"- the comic relief is just perfect before the big finale.)

Well, thanks for the manuscript, and keep up the good work!

-Jack”
Would love to see a video demo Tom! :)
[quote]
On 2013-03-21 01:55, sohaib wrote:
Would love to see a video demo Tom! :)
[/quote]

Yeah Tom, what the heck? How many years do you need?

;)
Glenn
Ha ha o.k. guys I hear ya. Video demo on it's way soon.
Took a while BUT here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZYRnjL6UDnc

Posted it on Facebook yesterday and heard again from these guys among others.

Mike Vincent- "Great to see your routine again Tom, reminds me of who much I was fooled the first time I saw it. Great work."

John Carey-"Beautiful work, Tom!Wonderful to see your lil baby in action. I just love that opening gambit. Made my day seeing you work the piece sir.Thank you for sharing"

Jeff Prace-"It seems like there is a never-ending search for the "best" Oil & Water. This is it!"

Jack Carpenter:"That was just beautiful Tom! I better break out the manuscript again, because a couple of sequences fooled me! (Again)."

Gary Jones-"This is a brilliant routine Tom, thanks for posting it."

Chris Aguilar-"Thanks for posting up the demo of your Oiater Tom. It's one of the better purchases I've made in magic in the last few years."

John Luka-"Tom, I purchased OiATER a while back. I really like it a lot. It was a pleasure to view the video. Thanks for posting."

Thanks all for your kind comments!
[quote]
On 2013-09-10 10:18, Tom Dobrowolski wrote:
Took a while BUT here you go.
[/quote]
6 months your definition of a while? I'll have to remember that the next time you say, "I'm going to get some lunch, I'll be back in a while." :)

Great routine Tom! It's very well thought out, economic, fooling and it has a great kicker. Thanks for posting.

Glenn
Love it. Nice performance too, Tom.
That's Hawaiian time Glenn:-)

Thanks Glenn and Tim for your kind comments!- Tom
Nice!
Nice!
Thanks AngeloR.
This routine could be easily considered thee best oil and water on the market. The kicker ending kills.
Thanks Double J! Appreciate the kind words!!