(Close Window)
Topic: Best rising card from deck? check out Martinismagic rising card deck
Hi I just got the rising card deck from http://www.martinismagic.com
Hey I am not paid to endorse him. I want a rising card trick with loops, but I also mainly wanted to get another one I can do
easily and blow people away. Guess what?

Someone here at Magic Café recommended their deck, got it today. It is a Devano style rising card deck. Can be shuffled, etc. With about zero preparation, and you put the deck down and it rises without you touching it, threads,...

This deck is only 20 bucks shipped, and is unbelievable--after the card rises, you just pull the card out--no catching or anything.
Plus Marty threw in a great packet trick. But please, get it if you want the biggest bang with little or no prep.
I am trying to do floats, but the thread seems to be visible in most light. With this rising card from deck, a miracle happens.
Plus with a lifetime warranty, I am bowled over. One of the best purchases in my life.
Scott
Forgot to mention. No motors to wear out, no threads to break.
You can have more than one card rise as well.
For 20 washington portraits, it is maximum bang for the buck.
This type of deck was a favorite of the late, great Don Alan. It's a classic, and Martini makes a great prop.
I am a fan of the excellently constructed rising card deck that Martin's magic makes bur Richbark makes a very fine one as well.
Hi Mr. Bryson,
How dare you mention another deck on my post. If you were not a former teacher of mine,
I would have the MC authorities come take you away for rising card deck terrorism. I hope you all can take a joke.
scott
Gentlemen, I just received Martini's rising & I pile on the credit to the man with a plan! You can't go wrong with this little beauty & the clever camouflage . . . but then again a 'girl' is supposed to be hiding something; it's good for the imagination fellas. Don't you love the Forum. Thanks Steve for keeping us 'one ahead' . . . oops did I almost reveal another trick?

Keep it Un-real!
There is mor to the rising cards effect that maybe all the rest! if one take a good look om the old books,we will find a lot of versions of this effect. Some used our old friend T., others mechanical houlettes, others complex rigs, etc... but the basic effect remains the same. Special decks like the devano deck also came into scene and a few versions worked very well... there were versions around where the cards were mechanical cards as well...
Ordered. Thank you. PayPal checked me out without assessing extra postage, so if Martin ships anywhere in the world for the same price (I am in Canada), then this is an awesome bargain.

Les
Just got mine.

Best. Trick deck. Ever.
See? I love this deck. ...
I've always Kundalini Rising. It happens in the spectators hands and there are no mechanics except for a very small gaff that doesn't live with the deck.
I finally woke up and purchased from Martin his AWESOME rising cards.
http://www.martinismagic.com

Everyone has already stated the obvious: Excellent quality, Multiple "rises", no thread to break, EASY to do, Lifetime warranty, etc.

So, the above are great reasons to buy.

I would like to add that Martin is beyond customer service oriented.
I have made a friend in magic. What a class act!!!

I e-mailed him for some information, and he sent me a personal, detailed, thought out response as if I was there with him in a magic shop.
he helped me make my decison, and was NOT pushy at all!

Martin is an EXCELLENT creator, and EXCELLENT businessman, and now an EXCELLENT friend of mine!

Thank you Marin for your honesty and service with a smile and "customer" oriented attitude. may everyone follow your footsteps.

WOW!!!
*Martin
I have to add my name to the list of those that have found Mary's Rising Cards to be the best in this style of rising cards being made. I just received my deck today. I placed the order last week. Marty very quickly sent me an email explaning that the was out of town and my order wouldn't be shipped till Oct 6. Offered a refund if I didn't want to wait. I was fine with the wait and he also added a freebie since I had to wait a few more days. I'm very impressed with the deck. I haven't seen a Devano style deck work this well in at least 20 years.

Thank you Marty. If you want the best for this style of card rise Martini's Rising Cards is the one to have.
I have a deck from Martin. I agree completely - great deck, great price. The trick works perfectly every time. Fast shipping as well!
I may have missed this somewhere in the thread here, but can someone here please let me know if the cards rise "hands off" or does the magician need to hold the deck for them to rise?
[quote]On Nov 30, 2014, MrKen wrote:
I may have missed this somewhere in the thread here, but can someone here please let me know if the cards rise "hands off" or does the magician need to hold the deck for them to rise? [/quote]

Hands off...

[youtube]owxXuRhvxUA[/youtube]

Rising cards starts at 3 minutes.
Thank you Kabbalah
I haven't gotten Marty's rising deck yet, but now will. In the meantime, I wanted to relate a little story about this wonderful man. Some years ago, when I first became interested in magic, I was teaching myself my first three tricks, which I planned to perform at my birthday party. I contacted Marty to help me gaffe a card. Not only did he do this for me, brilliantly, but he refused to accept payment for it. But there was more to come....Right before my birthday I got a big box in the mail. Inside was practically every trick Marty has ever manufactured and sold--card tricks, books on homemade magic, DVDs....A treasure trove. Tears came to my eyes. It was probably the best birthday present I had ever gotten from anyone, ever. And this from a virtual stranger who merely wanted to encourage my magic. Anyway, that's the kind of person Marty is.
Just ordered a deck and really looking forward to it. Thanks for the reccomendation
My deck arrived yesterday, just nine days after I placed the order.

I have to echo the other posts above, It's a little gem of a prop, great quality, excellent service, lifetime guarantee and works perfectly right out of the pack.

I opened it up, read the instructions, set it up, sat back and actually found myself chuckling and applauding! Not often that you get to do that within five minutes of owning a trick!

Many thanks Marty
Thanks for sharing. Looks fun.

Can you do other tricks with it as well? Like normal card routines? Or is this a one trick pony?
[quote]On May 2, 2015, Theodore Lawton wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Looks fun.

Can you do other tricks with it as well? Like normal card routines? Or is this a one trick pony? [/quote]

I have PM'ed you.
This one looks really nice.
I once had a bicycle rising one that broke but the visual effect just looked the same.
Maybe someone who has one can PM me to help me check if this one works the same way?
After all the good reviews, I just ordered Martinsmagic RC and a couple of other packet tricks on his website. Looking forward to working with this deck. The video posted by Kabbalah was excellent....enjoyed it immensely!
I ordered two of the Martinis on the 18th, received them on the 21st, but didn't get to start noodling with them until Monday (23rd).

They are excellent!
Martini's Rising cards decks have an awsome feature, the cards could rise slowly wich helps in construct the magic atmosphere.
For me, the best handling using this kind of systems is the one published by Lewis Ganson both on The Gen magazine and on Close-up magic vol. 2
This sounds great, is it something that can be taken out and the deck will work as normal, or am I committing a deck to this effect?
Ymumagic, you are committing a deck.

I have to throw my 2 cents in and simply second what everyone has been saying. For this kind of gimmick, nobody makes it better or stands behind it as well as Martin. Not to mention handmade custom gaff cards for $2.00 each? That's a bargain all day long.
Sounds good, thank you so much.

I'm looking for a new rising deck, perhaps this will be it :)
[quote]On Apr 19, 2013, vampiro wrote:
Forgot to mention. No motors to wear out, no threads to break.
You can have more than one card rise as well.
For 20 washington portraits, it is maximum bang for the buck. [/quote]

I'm sold.
Had my standard rising deck for over a year now as well as a bespoke antique deck that Marty created for me from an early 1900's deck that was ridiculously cheap in an antique shop. Combined with one of Marc Charrise's fantastic Thurston boxes and a decent back story it's an absolute killer. I've had people step back from the deck with their mouths open looking really worried and with some good crowd control had a card rise whilst the deck was in the specs friends hand...lots of swearing and and freaking out. And yes when I practice with the deck I still find myself chuckling with glee like I did when I posted here more than a year ago. Marty is a gem,
Got this in the mail and didn't work, almost at all. Troubleshooted over email and he sent me new one right away to replace the defected one. Great service.
I've heard the Bill Cheung´s Rising Card is absolutely the best version of all.
Has anyone seen him live with his rising card routine?

Darko
[quote]On Feb 3, 2017, dj wrote:
I've heard the Bill Cheung´s Rising Card is absolutely the best version of all.
Has anyone seen him live with his rising card routine?

Darko [/quote]

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE2NDQ0NjgzNg==.html?spm=a2h0k.8191407.0.0&from=s1.8-1-1.2

You can check this video to decide.
Rising star...
Had a small problem with one of my rising card decks, e-mailed Marty to ask if he could help and he asked me to post it back to him under the lifetime guarantee. He didn’t wait for me to post it back, a replacement unit arrived from the USA within days and works perfectly. Wow, that’s brilliant customer service!
I bought one of these Martini Packs via Martin Breese, a UK dealer a few years ago (it wasn't a mass-produced Arne - just in case anyone thinks I'm getting confused).

Sorry, but compared to the Devano Method (and method of manufacture) the Martini Deck is a very poor second best.

A 'sticky piece of paper' (that becomes dry) to facilitate the rise? Really?

Just to add that the 2 Devano Decks I have from the 1970's, both made in Alf Cooke playing cards by Mitch Devano, still work like a dream. Plus the cards rise much higher - to an equal degree.
I've been using the Martini rise for years. Its finally started to wear out and so I've just taken advantage of the lifetime guarantee. E-Mailed Marty and he was super nice, my gimmick is in the mail and it'll be returned with a few extras ASAP. Incredible customer service, highly recommended.
I just purchased a deck of rising cards from Marty Grams and it works like a dream.

To clarify some issues on this thread... Marty's decks are not Devano decks, they are the thin model rising cards, also known as AMY or Arne decks. What Don Alan was using in the video above is a Devano deck which uses a similar but different method to rise card and the gimmick is constructed differently.

Lonnie Galdini also used to make a rising card deck of the AMY/Arne type, while the gimmick was thinner, there was a part that wasn't as deceptive. Apparently Galdini is no longer in business.

Loftus (Empire) mass manufactures and sells a deck which is exactly like Galdini deck. These are the decks you find in most magic shops and offered by on-line retailers such as Penguin. The quality of these is hit or miss. I have deck that works great and another that doesn't work at all!

George Rickbark makes (made?) a rising card deck as well that was very well constructed and sort of combines the two methods. Good luck on getting a deck from Richbark. I have tried multiple times to contact him with no response. I have sent him a couple of orders (with money) for a deck and never received a thing. His website is still up but I don't know if he is still in business or not. :(

Marty responds to his emails promptly and he communicates very well with you. He will make exactly what you want, all you have to do is ask. His workmanship is superb and his product is top quality with a lifetime guarantee! Best of all, he normally ships on the same day as the order and you will get it in just a few days!
Nobody will ever be able to compete with the care and customer service of Marty Grams at http://www.martinismagic.com/
. This guy really cares about you and loves to serve with all types of card gimmicks as well. A class act.
Just wanted to second what people are saying about Marty from Martini's Magic. I too ordered the Rising Deck from him and I am extremely pleased with the operation of the deck. Marty is generous to a fault and his customer service is above and beyond what is the norm these days!
Cheers
More to add... George Richbark finally fulfilled my latest order... I have seen an older deck of his that a friend of mine uses... his quality has declined... The deck works just fine. It uses a pin method similar to the Devano and laces the cards together like the Arne/AMY deck. Also, you will have to handle it slightly differently than an Arne/AMY deck.

Marty's deck is superior to Galdini's. I also now have a real Devano deck in my possession, and I can attest that if you want to do Don Alan's handling as outlined by Ron Bauer, you really need an actual Devano deck. Richbark's deck and the Arne/Amy type /will/ work but you will have to modify your handling for a certain part.

If you want to handle the deck as Pop Haydn does, it is better, perhaps even necesary to use an Arne/AMY deck.

I have also since found out that Lonnie Galdini was making decks for Loftus/Empire at one time, and may still be if he is still around... His deck is very much like Martini's but with a significant difference that makes the gimmick packet less deceptive. Also Marty uses toupee tape and Galdini uses some kind of little dot of adhesive that you used to have send off to him to get... Masking tape will work fine with either deck as they work the same way.

Any questions PM me.
Here is a little video on the handling of an Arne/Amy style deck:

https://www.popsmagic.com/store/p111/Pop_Haydn_on_the_Thin-Model_Rising_Card_Deck_~_Downloadable_Video.html

[youtube]OfgLXPpZSvM[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/OfgLXPpZSvM
I have been studying your instructional video on the rising cards, Pop, and I have found it extremely valuable. Thank you for making this available to us. Anyone who is using a rising card deck should watch Pop's video. It's only $10, years ago this would have been a $40 or $50 video tape!

The way in which the deck is handled makes all the difference. You must be very natural and handle the deck as if it is regular deck of cards. You must present the trick as if you really believe it is real magic... Pop's character even gets a little hint of fear in his eye! (care to elaborate on that little bit of subtext, Pop?)
Just recently ordered one of Marty's Rising Cards and I can vouch for his excellent customer service. I actually had one of his rising cards years ago, but it sadly got lost when we moved towns. I look forward to playing with it again once it arrives.
Can anyone comment on the quality of this set of rising cards?

https://www.missionmagic.co.uk/new-executive-rising-cards-pro-version-the-worlds-most-famous-card-trick-hes-risen