(Close Window)
Topic: JIELI MAGIC Billiard Balls Now Available!
I took another chance on Hong Kong eBay lister and it paid off this time. I ordered a set of white Billiard Balls and they turned out to be JIELI MAGIC's Silicon Billiard Balls. They were only $35.00 postage paid. They even threw in a free trick as well for ordering.

I have been trying to locate these balls ever since a Café member spoke about them a few years ago. What is really unique is that they are very sticky, I believe even more then the Fakini balls. They come in a clear plastic tube, you get 4 ball, approximately 1-5/8 inch in diameter. Included are 2 shells. These shells are made with a silicon material, the same as the balls. The balls do not stick in the shell, nor are they overly bigger then the balls. Thus, they have just enough fit that with very little pressure, you can hold the ball in the shell if you desire. And yet relax the pressure and the balls easily are able to be removed.

The shells are the best I have experienced, as I have tried many different Billiard Ball sets over the years. The only way I can describe them is that they are semi hard. Flexible but not so much the shells squeeze easily. They are straight cut, with no taper with the inside edge rounded, they are only approximately 1/16 inch thick.

These Billiard Balls are only made in China, and very hard to get to America. They do come in White and Red, but this dealer only carries the White Billiard Balls.

They are not High Bounce Balls, if dropped from 5 feet, they bounce back about 2-1/2 feet. If lightly thrown to the floor, they bounce back so the hand can easily catch them.

They have that nice feature of only running water over them to remove any dirt picked up on the balls.

They are the same size as the JL Billiard Balls, but JIELI balls have a shiny surface, where JP is a matt finish. They are not as heavy as the JL balls either. JL balls feel like they have a steel center, and do not bounce much. These have more of a feel as the Fakini Balls. Solid, but not terribly heavy.

They palm very easily do to the very sticky surface. Even with my dry hands they palm easily, and feel secure in the palm.

I highly recommend these Billiard Balls for professional use. Get them while they are available.

These Balls are great for the advanced double shell moves that many are now performing. These work where JL shells do not. If you can't tell I am very excited about these billiard balls.

I got my set here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151019300455
Are these also called, Gorilla Grip, or is that a different ball?
Gorilla Grip is a different ball, these are called JIELI MAGIC "Professional One Ball to Four". These come in a clear plastic tube. A member on the Café referenced that they can come in a regular brown box, in China as well.

The original Gorilla Grip has long been off the market, China is making a copy but the shell is only thin plastic and does not match the balls. I got the set in the Silver Box and returned them to a magic dealer in the US. The ad for Gorilla Balls is totally false.

I found the red ones and have inquired about purchasing a set.
Just ordered a Red Set of JIELI Magic Billiard Balls, and guess what, you can save an additional $5.00. This is the eBay party in Hong Kong, selling them for only $30.00 postage paid. This is his website. Now color changes are possible owning a white and red set of these balls.

Only took 16 days for the white set to come from Hong Kong. I think that is excellent service, even with all their holidays.
Hi Bill,

I believe "that member" was me lol? Now you probably can understand why I like them :)

Anyway, I am aware there are two versions of JieLi balls now. One of the versions' has a tighter fit between the ball and the shell.
Not to bug you intentionally, I spent ~15USD per JieLi set; probably a lot cheaper than 15USD if you buy them in China. :P
Hi Absolute Zero, yes it was you, but I did not know if you wanted to be mentioned. I like the fit on these just fine. Not to sloppy and not to tight.

Well, being it would cost a whole lot more for a plane ticket to China, I guess it is worth $15 more to have them mailed. I am really surprised as to the speed of delivery. I can't get thing from England that fast.

Thanks for telling me about them.
What are they made of? Thanks
Very sticky silicon I would imagine, what I like is the shell is covered in the same material, and still only a sixteenth of an inch thick. They are very nice, and yes the seem can be seen at close range.
No problem Bill.

The surface will turn into a matte finish if you really wear it down, some people sand the balls/shells deliberately.

The shell may bend under pressure due to its thickness. For an indifferent colour I prefer something sharper than JieLi or DPG's red.
I wish they had bigger sizes as well
Bill, what sources would you recommend to learn the advanced double shell moves you mentioned ?
Hi Bojanbaristic, I think the size is just right for me.

AbsoluteZero, I believe I mentioned they are flexible, but with a little practice, they seem to be able to be controlled. I do hope the do not dull down, as they look great with the shiny surface. The way the stick to the fingers really has a great and confident feeling.

Thanks for the tip, I guess I will have to buy a set for performance and keep these for practice.

I think the weight is perfect as well. Can't wait to get the red set and see how they look in person.

Lawrens Godon, the only place I found the double shell work was in the "1998 Shamada Lecture" video tape. Denny Magic sold it, but Diane Shamada will answer emails, so you can email her to see if it is still available. There is some unpublished work on double shells being created by very talented Asian youth magicians. They have changed Billiard Ball Magic greatly in the last few years. It is very exciting to see what they have come up with. The best part is you don't know that they are using 2 shells. King Coffee DVD has one production using 2 shell for a 1 to 4 effect. (I mentioned this DVD a short time ago in the topic section.)

Now with invention of the magnetic divided ball, even greater milestones will progress in the future.
Bill,
Oops I missed that part.

In DPG's billiard ball instructional booklet, I found the double shell move which I think it's identical to what Shimada used.
Lukas Lee's DVD (Artist - Ball) teaches the same move as well.

I have a friend who is producing a DVD now, but the release date is yet to be confirmed.
It contains some double and triple shell moves and I am honoured to a participant of this project :)
Thanks AbsoluteZero for that information. I have not gotten the Artist DVDs yet.

So good to hear a project is on to get this information to other Billiard Ball enthusiasts. Looking forward to the DVD.

Please post an announcement when it ready for publication and purchase.
Bill,

Thank you for your appreciation :)

Artist is a very good set to get for ball and card enthusiasts. The moves aren't extremely difficult, but the beauty lies within how smoothly and beautifully they were executed.

On the other hand, Artist System teaches an excellent sleeving method for ball (probably usuable for small objects too). I attended to Lukas' lecture and my jaw dropped when he did sleeving up-close. Nicky Yang has a few good moves with the gimmick ball as well, which is also shown in the System's trailer.
For double shell techniques Shimada, Shiomi, Ken Masaki, Lukas, Yamamoto and Levent DVDs.
For 1-4 using just a single shell Momose, Shiomi and Kazu Katayama DVDs.
For 1-4 using triple shell techniques BORN by Bond Lee and Ian Tsang that AbsoluteZero just mentioned. AbsoluteZero is a very humble guy. He does best 1-4 using triple shells I have ever seen and his technique is superior to any other so make sure to check that DVD. All moves and routines on that DVD are very good and I am quite sure that this is very first time 2 magicians teach 2 different 1-4 using triple shells.

Best,
Bojan
Thank you all for the infos !
Bojan:
You are over praising me haha. Don't forget that you have the colour change too.
Since you kind of revealed my name, so I guess I should refer myself as "Ian" from now on :)

Bill:
If you are into some knuckle busting moves, this DVD probably interests you. Seriously though, the materials in this DVD should keep you occupied for a while.

There are different advantages depending on which 1->4 technique you choose to use. I think I showed you 1->2 on the reverse side a while ago, which is also included in this coming DVD as well.

Regards,
Ian
Here is Bond Lee performing Billiard Balls! Very impressive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XerM-b-jG3Q

As a note: Shimada does a 1 to 4 on the Steven's Manipulation DVD and the 1998 Lecture video using only 1 shell.
That's a great video, Bill. Thanks for posting the URL.

In his comments on youtube, Bond Lee says: "An old routine of mine. This video was training myself getting used to camera shooting. Not very serious, just for fun, lol."

If that's "not very serious, just for fun..." I'd love to see what his routine is like when he's more serious!

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
Here is still the most impressive person doing billiard balls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jicMBpQWuY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq2F0tIffvE&NR=1&feature=endscreen

And of course Sandy Chang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBRauPQWi2Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2vWDAGi_7A
Hey Bill what's the shell on these like? I know on some other cheaper shells you can see thru them if in right light! Also are these the same size as the 1.75 that faking sells? I'm highly interested in getting a set! Thanks for sharing!
[quote]
On 2013-04-14 11:25, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Here is Bond Lee performing Billiard Balls! Very impressive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XerM-b-jG3Q

[/quote]

This is his another video of him performing on a Hong Kong TV show
http://youtu.be/A2En6sC20k8
[quote]
On 2013-04-15 07:04, MichaelOzMagic wrote:
Hey Bill what's the shell on these like? I know on some other cheaper shells you can see thru them if in right light! Also are these the same size as the 1.75 that faking sells? I'm highly interested in getting a set! Thanks for sharing!
[/quote]

Under extreme bright light the shell may become a bit translucent. However I don't think you would normally place the light source behind yourself?

They aren't the exact same size but close enough. You can mix these two brands in your routine, but a JieLi's ball won't lock with Fakini's shell.
Awesome thank you I'm going to pick up myself a set! Thank you!(:
These are perfect for what I need yet, they don't ship to Australia! How strange given Hong Kong is closer to us? I guess I'll just stick to my hand cut foam balls!
Thank you Bill! Pay day I'm springin' for these! :)

Doug
Just received the Red JIELI Billiard Balls today. They are just as tacky feeling and the red is a real Fire Engine Red. I am very happy with both the white and Red Billiard Balls. As the white ones, this came also with 2 shells and 4 balls, in a plastic tube.
[quote]
On 2013-04-25 03:16, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Just received the Red JIELI Billiard Balls today. They are just as tacky feeling and the red is a real Fire Engine Red. I am very happy with both the white and Red Billiard Balls. As the white ones, this came also with 2 shells and 4 balls, in a plastic tube.
[/quote]

I just wonder if the tutorial DVD is shipped as well?
AbsoluteZero, No DVD, just the balls are shipped in an envelope.
Hi, I have worked with the radtke family to create a website for their special silicone compound balls, thimbles and other manipulation items. very high quality, the gold standard in balls.
have a look, skilldini.

houseoffakini.com
[quote]
On 2013-05-17 07:42, skilldini wrote:
Hi, I have worked with the radtke family to create a website for their special silicone compound balls, thimbles and other manipulation items. very high quality, the gold standard in balls.
have a look, skilldini.

houseoffakini.com
[/quote]

Tim,

Great to have you on the Magic Café. Love your billiard ball DVD. Hope to see more of you on Magic Café. I for one would appreciate your input and experience.

David Williams
Thanks for the link Bill and the information.

Too bad, but I can't order them, since my country has been restricted to access the product... I wish I could get them, specially at this price.

Tim,

Congratulations for this new website. I'm very happy and glad to see that the House of Fakini is far away from getting out of business.

Oliver.
I just received these Jieli balls here in the UK and I have to concur the quality is excellent and the price spectacular.

Regards,

Martin.
Where can I get JieLis? There aren't any in Amazon or Ebay. Thanks!

RJH
Yes, they are still on eBay. Either use the search engine on eBay for Billiard Ball. Or use one of the old links, it will say sold. Click on the seller's name. Click on his store. In his search engine search billiard balls. Look at the picture, it will have the balls in a plastic clear tube, with a label that say JIELI.

I could give you a link, but by the time you go to it, that set maybe sold as well, and you would come back and tell me they are sold.

They only sell red on eBay. You have to go to the seller website to get the white. Or go their and buy both. They are only $30 a set, 4 balls and a gimmick.
Bill,

I think JieLi comes in 4 balls and 2 gimmicks.
[quote]
On 2013-08-05 20:03, AbsoluteZero wrote:
Bill,

I think JieLi comes in 4 balls and 2 gimmicks.
[/quote]

Oh right, trying to type and think at the same time. My Bad!
I just ordered a 1 set of red balls. I didn't find any in white. I can't wait to get my hands on those fantastic billiard balls!

RJH
Those women on the videos had small hands and used huge balls wonderful. What size of balls did the firat lady in the firat video use?
[quote]On Jul 23, 2018, tecumilic wrote:
Those women on the videos had small hands and used huge balls wonderful. What size of balls did the firat lady in the firat video use? [/quote]

The woman were using standand 1.75" Billiard Balls. Their fingers are small, making it look like the balls are larger. In order to do the 1 ball to 4, I would not use a larger size ball for this move. Back then the Fakini Billiard Balls were very popular, but since Fakini is out of business supplying their balls. Jieli or Bond Lee balls are an excellent choice.