(Close Window)
Topic: Kartis box or buddha box
So which one do you prefer ? is kartis box worth the price ?or should I get buddha box (Boston & slot) ...
The Kartis Box is twice the price of the Buddha. Here's the regular ungimmicked Buddha from Chazpro:

http://www.chazpro.com/servlet/the-24/Buddha-Okito-Box/Detail

The Slot Box is $34.95:

http://www.chazpro.com/servlet/the-26/Buddha-Slot-Box/Detail

The Boston Box is $29.95:

http://www.chazpro.com/servlet/the-25/Buddha-Boston-Box/Detail

I have all the Buddha boxes and I have the O-Korto Box set from Johnson. I like the Buddha Box's shape. That's just me though. The Johnson Box is just as good. If I had to do it over again, and I had to buy ONE box, it would be the Buddha. You just can't beat the quality for the price.

Doug
I love my Buddha Box Set. they just feel good to me.
The budha does not accept a shell, I will look into the Kartis later tonight
Buddha is great. Kartis is very interesting, and offers some unique possibilities.
Kartis box is twice the price of buddha box,but some review in magic Café said that kartis box is the best coin box than he ever bought,well review like that really make me in doubt haha ...
Both the David Roth boxes (by Roy Kueppers) and Jim Zee's boxes accept expanded shells (half-dollar size, anyway)

Jim
[quote]
On 2013-04-19 23:25, J-Mac wrote:
Both the David Roth boxes (by Roy Kueppers) and Jim Zee's boxes accept expanded shells (half-dollar size, anyway)

Jim
[/quote]

Of course, if you have a Dean's set, it wouldn't be an issue.
I like the Buddha set, for their shape, it makes a few of the sleights I do a little easier. I tarnshed mine and put in a few dings to make them look old.
[quote]
On 2013-04-20 00:25, BanzaiMagic wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-04-19 23:25, J-Mac wrote:

Jim
[/quote]

Of course, if you have a Dean's set, it wouldn't be an issue.
[/quote]

True, but I would bet that most don't have a Dean's set. Also, I don't know that many would want to put out the cash for one if they can buy a set of coin boxes that will fit all of their half-sized expanded shells for a fraction of the cost of a Dean's set! ;)

Jim
Buddha box for me.
I also Use The Buddha Box! And have a Book of routines For the Boston Buddha Box! :)
I seem to remember in watching Mr. Tango perform with the Kartis Box, the coins appeared to me to be quarters. My memory may be deceiving me, but if you are considering a Kartis, it may be a good thing to confirm.
Well I ordered david roth box set, cant go wrong I guess ...
I'm still curious about kartis box ... I want to know what advantage that this box give compared to the others
Itlust,

I have had the the Kartis box for a while.

PM me.

Cal
Kartis does not accept expanded shell neither budha, Kartis is easier to turn because of the step on the shape of the box
I highly recommend the box set by David Roth. Itlust, I am confident you will be very happy with your purchase.
I guess It just depends on how you want your box to look! I just like the look of the Buddha box better! :)
Does anyone else find the Buddha box hard to handle because the belly of the box makes it harder to catch the edge of the lid?
I never had a problem. Sometimes I use the Boston Box without a lid. But using the lid, loading, etc has never been a problem.

Doug
Kartis Okito Box - internal dimension

Hi guys
I have a number of coin boxes and bought a Kartis box a few years ago. It is well produced and I like its special features.
HOWEVER I have never been comfortable with the depth of the box which does not hold 4 half dollars flush (such that it replicates the Boston appearance when inverted) being a fraction too shallow. I have tried WLs and they still sit proud when four coins are inserted I contacted Tango a couple of years ago to ask if there is a specific coin for which the box was designed. Whereas I received a polite and timely response with a clear effort to be helpful I did not resolve the matter.
Have others found the same problem or have I been unfortunate in receiving a reject😄
My solution to date has been to work with 3 coins in the main compartment which just about passes when the box is inverted.
I have two boxes, and yes, I have the same problem.
To solve the issue I use a thicker coin (just three, see below). The three thick coins line up better.
But, really I do not think your spectator will notice the difference using the standard Kennedy half.
I prefer using less coins to avoid being too repetitive. The alignment is a minor secondary issue for me.

I use "Mechanic Coins", go here:

https://www.themagicemporium.net/product/half-dollar-coin-gun-metal-grey-by-mechanic-industries/
Hi Jerry
Thanks for your response which is much appreciated. I fully accept your point that a spectator is unlikely to spot the difference. Using just three half dollar coins is the solution that I use however if I need four coins in the box (say for matrix type effects etc.) then the top coin tends to slide off. Thank you for your idea on the MI coins. I really like these coins and use the dollar version in coin routines and with the MI Optricks deck so will definitely explore this possibility. I also found that old English pennies fit the box perfectly in terms of both diameter and depth. However, ironically, the base is a fraction too small to accept a penny!
With thanks once again.
Best.
Andrew
Hi Jerry
Thanks for your response which is much appreciated. I fully accept your point that a spectator is unlikely to spot the difference. Using just three half dollar coins is the solution that I use however if I need four coins in the box (say for matrix type effects etc.) then the top coin tends to slide off. Thank you for your idea on the MI coins. I really like these coins and use the dollar version in coin routines and with the MI Optricks deck so will definitely explore this possibility. I also found that four old English pennies fit the box perfectly in terms of both diameter and depth. However, ironically, the base is a fraction too small in diameter to accept a penny!
With thanks once again.
Best.
Andrew