(Close Window)
Topic: Do you really want to busk?
It sounds poetic: travelling around the country, if your lucky, the world. performing for thousands of people. making some cash. gaining chops. people kinda know you...maybe. meeting gaggles of women (or men, whatever your into), showing them around, charming them with your ability to rough it. being happy you can do a show from a small case. sound fun? well, it is. but heres the truth: if your looking at busking as a means to make a living. stop. get a noose and hang yourself first. you'll thank me in the next life. people wont really respect you. even if you have a rocking circle show and make $300 a show. your still just gonna be a hustler. if you are in a relationship, you will break up. if your needing money for payments, might as well sell it all now. if you wanna get good on the streets you will suffer dearly for it. you will stay broke for at least 5 years before you see any kind of mild success. and after 5 years, if you make it that far, you will have hatred for society. you will see the bad in people. maybe sometimes the people will make you feel allright, but only for a minute. and if you want respect from your peers, forget it. magicians respect a good street performer. but they rarely think much about them. they will only think "this guy works for less". or they will say "yeah I respect how he does it out there in the streets, its rough". and that's all the props your gonna get from a magician. many well known magicians were taught by street magicians, becuase a buskers up front style works. but that's it. do you see many street magicians on covers of magazines? I can think of only one. when was the last time you saw a group of buskers at a convention? admit it, its rare. if you want my real opinion, stay off the streets. its rough. your heart might possibly grow with anger for your fellow man.
street performers really give their heart out to the people. but in return they get looked down on, expected to work for less and get the change from the bottom of their pocket. stay off the streets unless your willing to have your soul crushed for 5 years, or 1000 shows, whichever comes first.
Hey Nick, I wish you hadnīt had written this,., right now.
I was just getting ready to go to bed.
wuuu, how can I sleep with THIS running round my brain!?!

At first, I thought, "Quick, something funny,..something poetic,.. defend the `Artī".
or, "****!,.. Nickīs having a hard phase,... needs some help."

Then it hit me, "***, a lot of what he said IS true."

Nö. Nö. Nö!
IT AINīT SO!

,it doesnīt have to be so.
Different values have to be associated.
The `lifeī, the form,.... the Art; must be viewed differently.
It canīt be practiced, as a business.
Itīs a process. All involving.
A commitment,... not two Dvdīs and a hat full of cash.
Slow?, Long?? YES., but thatīs the way I want to live.
Slow. And Long.
Honest. Open. Down,.... and Up.
Work,... but Honest.
( Honour is derived from Honest, or?)

I walk away from EVERY Show, with a wide chest,... and head up.
Every Show.
Acknowledge the smiles.

The Streets are the greatest Stage the world has to offer.
The last chance for `the Losersī,
....the biggest challenge for īthe Winnersī.

....and, the Streets donīt have to be `dead endsī.
They can take you,... they will inevitably take you somewhere.

Yes, I want to Busk.

I probably still wonīt be able to sleep,
but "thanks" anyway Nick.
And forget the noose.,.... youīll never believe whatīs going to happen tomorrow!

give it easy,
gallagher.
I agree, and I don't. If you want to be a professional magician and you don't have Fism winning Chops, or hell maybe even if you do, your odds of getting there like Lance Burton, Penn and Teller, David Blaine, Criss Angel, David Copperfield, are like what 6:numberOfMagiciansInWorld? But if you want to make a living, show people that you are a good entertainer, and have days where you make more money per hour than most advanced professionals then the streets can get you there.

Is it going to be easy? HELL NO, just like Nick said it's tough. But the streets can take a dedicated performer and even if he has average Chops, it can mold him/her into a STAR. In five years on the Streets you can learn more than most magicians/performers learn in a lifetime! If you use that knowledge wisely you can create a good life for yourself performing magic. You can get bookings, restaurants, parties, events, and when you aren't booked you can always go home to the Streets and work.

I think that for the performer that really wants to make it, the Street can prepare you for any type of performing. A good street magician can thrive in any type of venue. I don't think that is true for a magician that started in any other way. The streets prepare you like nothing else could. It's hard, but WOW is it rewarding!
Nick......IMHO, you are right on!!!
This just came to me: if you want to start out in busking, and have an addictive personality, GO AWAY! you will have fresh cash in your pocket and if your an alcoholic, its gonna catch up. It will start with a drink before a show. and your gonna get loose lipped and people will enjoy how you can be quippy and funny. then your gonna do two drinks. next thing you know your gonna be on the **** for every saturday evening show.

however, if you use the streets as a venue for getting good, fast...it will be so. just don't get caught up in the lifestyle you think your seeing.
Hi.Nick W have you worked as a magician busker ?
The bGreat thing about formums is that every one can have an opinion, BUT does not necessarly have it right .

Most established stage performers ( D, Blane is Not One ) could Not hold an Audiance on the streets.

Yet Most establishes Buskers ( yet again D. Blain is not one either ) Can & will hold an audiances attention, Nick unless you have

Auctialy " Busked" , then all you are offering is an opinion.

People do things for many Different reasons.

magic 123
Mike b:have I worked as a "magician busker?"............... yes I have and do.

magic 123: I assure you what I offer is very far from opinion.
Since Nick will not toot his own horn I will let a video say a thousand words6:40 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBHiwr6DDNM
Or:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2K7P5ZcqbI
This post is not about me. its about something very real and potentially hazarderous to your health.....busking!
Nick is a great busker, one of the most unique and original acts I've ever seen.

And he is speaking the truth ... total dead on honesty here ... I've always said that no matter how great you are, to them you are still just a guy standing on the sidewalk.

-JoeJoe
This is the same thing that I try to get across to fellas wanting to quit their jobs and hit the road. They are in love with an idea that it's some romantic notion of life and they're gonna be happy happy happy. It's hard to understand for some but unless you already had a successful attitude and work ethic, and had your stuff together you wont do to well out here.
The truth is this...if you are having issues at home, and at work, and have to quit a job and leave your "life" behind to find "happiness" on the road, or on a street corner then the real problem is going to go along for the ride.

It's you.

You are the reason for where you are in life. Nobody else gets that blame.

I have seen so many fall, that it makes me sad.The really sad thing is they never get back up. They fall to alcohol, drugs, indecision, self-pity, lack of work ethic, and so many other things. I believe they do this because they built something up in their heads as to what it was gonna be, and then they get kicked in the junk and it tears them apart. Perception is reality, and they first perceive based on fantasy, then they are met with reality. The key here is that you get back up. Falling sucks, but you need it. It will remind you not to make the same mistakes again, and you will become a bit stronger. Unfortunately, many never get back up.
To Nick W yes you are Class
Mike in U.k
Hey Bobby M! 'Youse said it real good!"

I have very limited busking experience. Most of my life was doing school assemblies (Kindergarten thru High Schools, and some colleges, too. I started in a sideshow in the '40s. (I was in mid teens) --And, along the way, I've done everything needed to put money in the 'grouch bag'! (I even got some sawdust in my shoes, when I clowned in a mud show)

While managing a phone room for the old KRAMIEN show, in California, I tried my hand at busking (San Francisco) and did OK. I proved to myself that I could do it.

Being a 'one trick pony' aint enough! Nobody pays to see a one ball juggler!

Building an edge is quite similar to doing a bally in front of a side show. (I managed a GIRL TO GORILLA show, years ago, and at the end of the season, the "BR" was heavy with Bennies. "Make 'em stop, make 'em stay, make 'em pay" --only with a carnie bally, it's: "Grab 'em, nail 'em, and turn 'em. Whatever the argot, I remember Heba Haba Al's similar-and briefer-GTFM!

I preferred working schools (school assemblies is a lot like "busking indoors"! --Only real difference is that you don't have to 'hat'!, and the audience is seated! LOL

Over the years, a lot of amateurs and part time pro's have asked me about doing schools. Many of them were like those you describe. The few that weren't like 'them', listened to what I said, and have gone on to be successful full timers.

A lot of young guys (and a few older ones) dream of running away and joining the circus! When they join on, they find more elephant crap and and sweat, than glory and gold!

Hope to run into you on the road somewhere. You 'come on' like a real pro!
This makes me glad I'm just a summer weekend warrior going for the fun and few bucks. I never thought I could make a living at this and I'm not trying to.
Your smart Ed! people ask me who my favorite street performer is and I say "anyone who goes out and tries". doesn't matter how experienced or not, this gig is so *** hard anyone who gives an effort is a hero in my book. and that's coming from the heart.
I am a performer. Not a street performer, yeah, the street is my main venue.. But everyone should aspire to be more.. I hope to "make it" one day, even though I'm already living my dream of performing full-time ... Nobody should aspire to be a BUSKER
No one should even start to think about telling someone else what they should or shouldn't aspire to do.
[quote]
On 2013-04-27 10:58, silvercup wrote:
No one should even start to think about telling someone else what they should or shouldn't aspire to do.
[/quote]
Silvercup, what these guys are doing is letting kids know the truth. So many kids see one of us and think it is an "easy way to make money." WRONG! Igor. It is a lot of hard bust your butt work. Some, like Kozmo & Bobby Maverick, make it look easy. It ain't. Nobody is telling anyone what to aspire to, just letting them know that looks and reality are worlds apart.
As usual nick is right.

if your new to the busking world and don't know who he is.

nick has traveled the world.

his show is the best.

he is gifted.

I wrote an article about him if you want to know more about him.

http://sidewalkperformerswhoswho.blogspot.com/search?q=nickey
Someday you may learn how to treat people that know what they are talking about. Until then, please shut up
Do I really want to busk? *** STRAIGHT!

do I really want to abandon all other possible incomes and try to live off what I can make busking? probably not, I've not nearly got the skill

I've only really been out a few times, no city within daily driving distance with enough foot traffic to make it worth it. I set up at festivals and the like, it's fun, I love to perform, if I can stay in one place for 8 hours and have a constant supply of new crowds coming to me and walking away with smiles on their faces, then I can assure you I'm gonna have fun, add in the few extra bux in my pocket and well, I'm not sure I could find a better way to spend my time.
I've always thought that a person should do what they love. That's why I don't perform full time. I like magic, it's a fun hobby for me...but it's too much "work" for me if I were to do it full time. I actually do love my full time corporate job...I'm excited to get up every morning to go to work.

If you love it...then you go through the sh!t it takes to get to where you want to go...or better, it doesn't feel like sh!t...just part of the journey. Every job has it's ups and downs...

I too admire anyone willing to go out and try. But really admire those who push past the pain and get to the point they can busk full time. Those are the ones who love what they're doing.
I found this a very interesting thread to read. as someone who has busked and toured (more playing music) the world can be really cruel to entertainers that's just reality I'm in a band that just now are able to get 200 people to come to our shows, you know how long that took? 5 years. performing on the streets if you're lucky to find a spot that's has good traffic and nobody has beaten you to it you can do pretty good but you're always going to have good days and bad days. and then there's also having to deal other kinds of street people that are either scaring your traffic away or worse than that hitting up people before they get to you. I had one guy try to steal my guitar before. so be ready for times when you might have to get physical. that said would I still play the streets now? I don't think I'd choose to. right now I'd go out for fun because I know I don't have to stay there. If I had to I know I could go out there and survive. I've seen so many crazy things in my life that there's not a lot that could surprise me. my advise to people that want to try it and are going to any way just be ready to climb out if you fall into a whole I've seen some pretty strong people get kicked down and stay down if you can understand that have a stable head on your shoulders then go for it.
Message: Posted by: The Great Zoobini (Apr 30, 2013 09:22PM)
I've seen countless people try it once....and only once. That evidently was enough.
To be perfectly honest, I aspired to be a busker. as the poetic lifestyle lured me in. I loved all of the aspects of travel and new places and food and people and gaining experience. theres absolutely nothing about busking to be ashamed about. its a funny coin to flip because if you rock shows people will love you (ego comes in), but if you don't rock shows (as you will do when starting out) you will eat dirt for a few years (err, more than that). and the more dirt you eat the more you will appriciate fresh air. I still eat dirt and I love it. as it shows me what not to do. I love busking and always will. I just don't use the word "busking" to describe what I do. It's too one dimensional.

and by the way, if you do eat dirt, you might as well lick the ground while your down there and make a gag out of it. then hat em. that way you can say you got paid for licking the ground.

ps: I'm not joking
On second thought don't lick the ground....
Nick. Thanks for clarifying not to lick the dirt. Leet me ask you...you aspired to be a busker. You've found it not as romantic as you had imagined. But in the end, you say you love it...so you're happy doing it. In retrospect, would you changeanything? Would you not aspire to busk? A different line of work? Or a different route to busking?
I've tried to respond to this thread a couple of times, but it turns out that every time I do it sounds melodramatic.

But, when you busk you do so on the street. You clearly make money and all the local drug dealers, addicts, and hopeless see you doing it and know that it is all in cash. And those people are on the streets and some of them are predators.

Busking is dangerous. Not always, but sometimes.
"Let me ask you...you aspired to be a busker. You've found it not as romantic as you had imagined. But in the end, you say you love it...so you're happy doing it. In retrospect, would you changeanything? Would you not aspire to busk? A different line of work? Or a different route to busking?"

I don't take my decisions to entertain in the streets back at all. It has been one of the best decisions in my life. A street performer at heart, essentially is an oppertunist. so I have more ways than one to improve and I'm always looking for moments to improve. I just wanted to say how I felt in that moment at the time of writing. Usually when I have an urge to make a post I wait a few days. after that I usually don't want to make that post. but about this thread I felt compelled to write so I did.

busking dangerous? sure it can be, but the real threats arent the people on the streets. its the people who believe they are in position of authority. cops and the like. in fact, street people usually are quite real. souls on a rough moment in their journey. I'm a firm beleiver that street work is a great way to accumilate merit. people need more moments of joy in their lives. Gallager wrote about that in another recent post so go read it. for me the real magic is not the show, rather its the effect the show has on those who watch it.
[quote]
for me the real magic is not the show, rather its the effect the show has on those who watch it.
[/quote]

:applause:
Nick. I find your posts inspirational and applaud your fortitude. Please keep sharing your thoughts and adventures. You have a greater impact on a lot of us out here than you realize.
[quote]
On 2013-05-01 14:33, tomterm8 wrote:
I've tried to respond to this thread a couple of times, but it turns out that every time I do it sounds melodramatic.

But, when you busk you do so on the street. You clearly make money and all the local drug dealers, addicts, and hopeless see you doing it and know that it is all in cash. And those people are on the streets and some of them are predators.

[/quote]
Well in 15 years that has never happened to me. ON E you don't busk where there is no money and if the druggies and homeless are around, there is NO MONEY. There is a guy on performs.net who claims he was assulted but that's a very rare occurance.
[quote]
On 2013-05-01 14:33, tomterm8 wrote:

[/quote]
Crime happens everywhere. That is why it is important to be aware of your surroundings. Kosmo also received a warning by learning the hard way. If you feel uncomfortable you might want to bring a friend or relative with you until your confidence builds up. Always put the money you made in your front pants pocket. If there is a store nearby, go inside to a hidden area. Take the money out of your pants (leave only 10 singles) and put it in a different hidden spot somewhere on your body. If someone tries to rob you, just reach in your front pants pocket and hand them the 10 singles.
My brother is in that video too. The way he handles these issues is by performing a duo act. Itīs a lot easier when you are not alone.
Same goes for stage shows.
[quote]
[/quote]

Someone who has the calling would never listen as they follow their own path in life. Someone that would listen....was never going to do it in the first place.
I wouldnt start trouble with anyone. and criminals should certainly beware if they are doing crime in places where they allow concealed carry. I'm just sayn'...
[quote]
On 2013-05-03 07:22, Paddy wrote:
ON E you don't busk where there is no money and if the druggies and homeless are around, there is NO MONEY.
[/quote]

In my travels, where there's money and lively street life, there are homeless, druggies and the sort. Pearl St on Boulder, State St in Madison, The Beale in Memphis, broadway in Nashville, River St in Savannah...all good busking all with challenges of panhandlers and others.
[quote]
On 2013-05-10 22:12, Zombie Magic wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Someone who has the calling would never listen as they follow their own path in life. Someone that would listen....was never going to do it in the first place.
[/quote]

You are correct. No one has ever been influenced by another's words.
Well, I don't think that I can quite accept that broad statement, Silvercup!

A person named Adolf Hitler once had a propaganda minister named Goebbels.

May I suggest you check the history books.
Watch it Dick, this "silvercup" who is ashamed to use his name seems like an immature nut case.
Possible to stay on topic folks?
When someone (in this case--Silvercup--)makes a totally ridiculous statement such as: "...No one has ever been influenced by another's words.", I feel obligated to point out the fallacy.I could have given more examples to refute that statement, but contented myself with just one.

Based on Silvercup's statements in another forum, I am strongly inclined to believe that Paddy is correct.
[quote]
On 2013-05-12 07:10, Dick Oslund wrote:
When someone (in this case--Silvercup--)makes a totally ridiculous statement such as: "...No one has ever been influenced by another's words.", I feel obligated to point out the fallacy.I could have given more examples to refute that statement, but contented myself with just one.

Based on Silvercup's statements in another forum, I am strongly inclined to believe that Paddy is correct.
[/quote]

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,
You could assume that I am not so weak of mind to believe what I wrote and in fact did not make a ridiculous statement but rather, wait for it, used sarcasm to illustrate how weak the position of the statement quoted above it was.
You guys have to be faster on the draw than this I have to believe to be working out and about the general public. The only possible explanation would be a predetermined dislike of me and we all know here at Café that wouldn't be a possibility.

Hey Paddy, why are you so sure my name isn't Silvercup? Because you never heard of anyone named Silvercup and that means it can't happen? One more thing, is it possible for you to reference any post I make without attempting to insult me?
Like I said before "troll"
[quote]
On 2013-05-13 12:01, tboehnlein wrote:
Like I said before "troll"
[/quote]

Yet another attempt at insult? How do you define troll again?
To answer your last question first NO! Sarcasm is indicated by expressions and tone of voice. Obviously, everything on a forum is WRITTEN, ergo no one can be sarcastic on a forum. Ergo you were not being sarcastic, you may have tried to be but you FAILED. Failure is unacceptable in communication. You fit the definition of a troll to a tee. i.e. one who posts things just to see them and doesn't care if they fit into the conversation being butted into or not. Also one who writes things just to aggravate. That's YOU. Plus being a coward that hides behind a pseudoname.
"troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"
And another good thread swirling down the toilet...
[quote]
On 2013-05-13 13:55, tboehnlein wrote:
"troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"
[/quote]

Take a look back and you will see my initial post responded to a post:
[quote]
[/quote]

Then Paddy decided to respond with a Kozmo & Bobby Maverick commercial as he is known to do and then here we are. I'm trolling how again?

If you don't like what I post that's cool. Got a different take? Post it.
Tossing insults of various kinds does nothing.
Interesting I have been on this board since 2002, Tom, (tboehnlein) since 2004 and we are called wrong by a child who has spent the vast amount to time (note this is sarcasm) since Jan 22 of THIS YEAR. A whole 3+ months! {sarcasm ended}
[quote]
On 2013-05-13 17:43, Paddy wrote:
Interesting I have been on this board since 2002, Tom, (tboehnlein) since 2004 and we are called wrong by a child who has spent the vast amount to time (note this is sarcasm) since Jan 22 of THIS YEAR. A whole 3+ months! {sarcasm ended}
[/quote]

Paddy are you O.K.?
This thread started as heartfelt expression of a talented performer and has denegrated into grade school name calling. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.
I would like to simply reiterate what Nick W. posted at the top of this thread. All except for the hanging part, that's a bit much. The last sentence or two is right on.

Thanks, and back to the discussion at hand.
Agree with what Nick posted because I have found it to be true.
Even being in agreement with him, still stand by my statement,
"No one should even start to think about telling someone else what they should or shouldn't aspire to do."
One would think that the idea of freedom expressed by that statement wouldn't be so inflammatory to buskers.
While busking isn't a bed of roses, what in life is?

I have much less money than others but also much less stress. The clock doesn't rule my existence. D.S.T. comes and goes and all it means is the game comes on an hour later or earlier. The birds still wake me up about the same time and I hit the hay when I'm out of gas. Would most choose this life, no.
Rush hour traffic? Not my concern. I don't even drive. Like Nick does/did I ride a bike. O.K. it's a shorty but I'm afraid of heights. Would most choose this life, no.
I choose to live outside because I like it, so making the rent/bills pressure is not there. Staying dry when it rains pressure is there, but I choose a climate where a little rain won't kill me. If the city wouldn't get it's panties in a wad about a tee pee I'd get some land and erect one. Would most choose this life, no.
I could go on and on, the point is people choose different things for different reasons. Doesn't make anyone right or wrong Paddy, it makes them people.

Not telling anyone that busking is the high life, nor do I encourage anyone to do as I do, then again wouldn't tell someone not to. Busking is perfect for some and the worst possible for others, like any other way of life.
I've never actually busked in the traditional definition but I've worked in the entertainment industry professionally for almost 10 years as a producer, lighting designer, concert promoter,
And yes, magician! Just last weekend I did street magic for a large festival... But I was paid by the festival so it's not really busking.

I think Nick's original post is crazy negative. Is there some truth? Absolutely! But performing on the streets is an amazing opportunity to learn what works and what doesn't.
I love the fact that I walked out on the street with cards, coins, and ropes in my pocket and could entertain about 50 people every 10 minutes. I wasn't using any hat lines, cause I was being paid to be there, and people were just giving me money at the end anyways. I mean... That's pretty cool in my book.
I'm sure if I relied solely on busking I may have a different view, but as a side gig... It's pretty fun and invaluable learning opportunity.
How dose busked improve your magic?I like the idea pack small and play big,where you can play any where.So it better to get pay, than asking people for money.For some it better to get pay because you need to break that wall between the people and you,that ahard thing to learn.Thats just my point of view.but I could be wrong.Im just throwing this thoughts out.
To busk, or not to busk? That is indeed the question!

It depends heavily on your M.O., as already stated above! If you're out to get rich quick, you'll have better monetary gains flippin' burgers, to start! BUT, if indeed you seek to better your skills, to improve your show and wit, and make a few dollars, then this might be for you!

In regards to the above post, I believe a solid guaranteed paycheck is better than busking for cash. That doesn't mean you can't make more busking, it's just meant to imply that if I have bills to pay, and I KNOW $300 is coming my way, that's more relief to me than HOPING I make enough today busking.

Busking is absolutely incredibly tough! That's why it's so effective in toughening you up! If it were easy, you'd have no reason to grow! I DO think every performer should attempt busking a few times for that reason alone!

As for the financial aspect...I once went busking and left only enough cash in my wallet to get one way...into the city to busk. My friend thought this would motivate me to make more and work harder so I could pay my way home. I didn't WANT the cash then, I NEEDED it. Sadly, I made two dollars that day...That was my first time busking, and man oh man was it humbling. Good thing I was able to gather together some change to get home! Busking involves SO much MORE than the magic you do! It's about character, it's about location, it's about keeping on the move, constantly looking for better and better spots! It's about how you're dressed, the way you speak, the things you say, the way you present your props, the tricks you do. The weather, the sports schedule, time of day...SO MANY FACTORS! To think one can just "make money" is delusional. BUT, one can make an honest living, if one understands that there is more to it than just showing up and making cash! I think that is one of the points the OP was touching on. Also, I think OP was having a bad day. Here OP, have a cookie, smile! :D
Yehoshua wrote, directly above, "Busking involves SO much MORE than the magic you do! It's about character, it's about location, it's about keeping on the move, constantly looking for better and better spots! It's about how you're dressed, the way you speak, the things you say, the way you present your props, the tricks you do. The weather, the sports schedule, time of day...SO MANY FACTORS!"
I've been busking part-time for so long, I've become adjusted to the number of variables that go towards busking. My main consideration is the weather at present in NZ winter time. Weather forecasts are usually pessimistic. Yesterday was a good day for weather. Not so good because of the lack of people out and about. Ah, well, I enjoyed myself and still love busking.
Speaking of weather, years ago I was about to busk when I flipped past the weather channel on TV. Big mistake. It showed a huge wall of rain heading straight for the pitch. On the radar, it was all a solid light green. With this new information, I decided not to busk. It turns out that light green means just little sprinkles of rain here and there. Down at the pitch, it didn't rain a drop. I learned the radar has to be a dark green or even yellow for measurable precipitation. You can add frustration into the mix.