(Close Window)
Topic: Coming soon: Card Shark's "Overkill Deck" by Tim Zager
Keep on the lookout for this in the near future. It's been in the works for a couple of years, and caused quite a stir at last years "Magic in the Rockies" convention.

I am fortunate to have observed the development of this and I am sure it will be of interest to many of you. It's being produced by Card-Shark in their Phoenix design, so the quality is first rate. If you liked "Get Sharky", you'll love this as it's much more versatile with many different effects possible from the single deck.

I'm not aware of a firm release date, but hopefully it's soon.

JD
I invited Christian Schenk to this thread to discuss the timeline for release. Anyone want to know what the deck does?
We would love to know the details!

Robert
I received this PM from Christian beginning of March. I'm sure he won't mind me sharing it. I've been waiting patiently for this to be released.

The effect is called the "Overkill Deck", and we were selling them in Blackpool as well as in Southshields. Funnywise at both conventions we sold out, even if the instructions are still in progress and will be updated with new routines. In the next few weeks we will further work on the deck, before we officially release it.

If you want it now already, it will cost 70 Euro, and will astound you. I did a dealer demo with Charlie Frye(!!!!!!) at the convention over there in a full theatre, he went into the audience and let them peek cards that I would immediately know. We even could find the spectator's card located at a certain position in a deck on the table. The magicians were speaking about that the whole weekend.

The funny part: I never rehearsed that with Charlie, he could immediately work together with me. Simon Aronson - when he saw the deck at the Sessions in January - said: That is our act in one deck, unbelievable!
Some of the main effects possible:

- Riffle thru cards until spectator says stop. When they look at card, performer immediately knows the card they are looking at. Free choice. NO sleights. Different card each time.

- Riffle thru cards until spectator says stop. Someone from across the room can name the card. Great for a two person act. You can teach your "assitant" how to do this in literally 90 seconds. (that's how long it took me to teach my 16 yr old son) NO memorization. The deck does ALL the work.

- Performer writes a name and telephone number on a piece of paper and openly displays. A card is selected (as above). The spectator can use their own phone, call and ask for the person written on the sheet of paper...say anything they want. Person called reveals the card.

- When card is selected (as above) the performer immediately knows the position of the card in a Tamariz and Aronson deck. You can combine the reveal with effects you already do with either deck. Again, the deck does all the work. You do not need to know anything about the Tamariz or Aronson deck.

- If you are familiar with the special features of the Phoenix Deck, you'll find those built into the Overkill Deck also.
I want one!
^^^^^^

What he said ;)

Sounds great !
I'm 100% in - anything that Christian does is always quality.

I own two Get Sharky's and treasure them :)

So will Cardshark keep the distribution exclusively - or will this go through the usual channels? I'm guessing exclusive
It sounds like a combo between a st****d deck and M****d - just sayin.
[quote]
On 2013-04-27 19:21, saysold1 wrote:
It sounds like a combo between a st****d deck and M****d - just sayin.
[/quote]

Tim forgot to mention that this deck can be overhand shuffled by the spectator.
Saw Roger Nicot run this at the Winter Carnival of Magic, in Pigeon Forge this March. The name says it all. Simply devastating to the spectators.
Hi Mr. Zager, :)

As with most things from Card Shark, this looks like it is going to be incredible and, as always, if Brett is in, I'm in!

But sir, could you answer these questions?

Question 1: Will this also be able to be shipped from New York as Science Friction is?

Question 2: This question begins with noting that you listed 4 major effects that are possible, at present, with maybe more to follow. Of the four effects listed and described: the 1st effect is..."kinda nice". The 2nd effect is...REALLYY NICE. Both are very good but maybe not quite “I will NEVER forget that miracle I just saw” effects although #2…maybe so.

Now then for Question #2:
Mr. Zager, are you stating that both the 3rd and 4th effects can be performed with FREELY SECLECTED CARDS??

I ask this because in describing both effects you noted, and I quote: "...the card is selected as (above)" which we take to mean: "Riffled through and freely selected as described in the first effect". Is that true?

IF the answer is: "Yes, the card is also freely selected in both the 3rd and 4th effects I described" then I have to ask a final question.

Question 3: ARE you OR Christian related to Rod Serling?...cause this is Twilight Zone stuff you are describing!!...come to think of it:

ARE you OR Christian IN FACT Rod Serling come back from that "Other Dimension" to bend the boundaries of reality in THIS dimension with some kind of “other-dimensional” technology you simply refer to as "The Overkill Deck"?

What you say can be done just can't be done in the normal non-Twilight Zone world. I truly am a Missouri Farm boy from the "SHOW ME" state so...ya gots ta show me. :)

If I understand the descriptions of effects #3 and #4 the way I think I do then this is one of those inventions that will become as legendary as…well…”Get Sharkey”!

How soon will a trailer be ready to view do you think?

Can't wait for Christian's latest Masterpiece! I, like Brett and so many others, am thrilled with "Get Sharkey" and if this can do so much more...WOW.

Thanks for any help with the questions you can give Mr. Zager. I will close out this posting with a third and final question: Would you mind asking Christian if I can buy stock in Card Shark? :)
Hi trueinventor

Your questions...

Christian will have to address your shipping question. Not sure how his shipping works. As for selecting a card, any selection no matter what effect is used is always a free choice. ANY of 52 cards could be chosen.

NO, not related to Rod Serling, but I think Christian's wife went to school with Rod's niece's step-daughter. :)

As for a video...that's another question for Christian.

-Tim
I have two Get Sharky decks also - regular and Vaudeville style. Not to mention the Ultimate Brainwave deck, Phoenix Invisible Deck, several Parlour Decks and Double Decks, Moser's Miracle Monte, etc. I'm drooling waiting for the Overkill deck!

Impatiently waiting.....

Jim
Thankyou Tim,

This just sounds so...incredible. I only started being able to learn about magic in the past year or two but it's become my favorite hobby! Although I've only been learning for a short period of time I think I've learned quite a bit at the Café from the very knowledgeable contributors like Saysold, Zombie, Rasmus, Ustaad, and other great magicians.

As with most "beginners", everything looks SOOO exciting at firts but certain moments especially stand out. Looking over the past year or two, one of the most striking moments of magic I can remember is the trailer where Christian performed "Get Sharkey" (which is actually on my desk as I'm typing :)). I was stunned and had absolutely no clue as to how such an illusion was possible. Now that I understand it's simple brilliance I am still in awe of it. To think that Over Kill is better than THAT? Whoa Buddy!

I don't know where Christian could go after "The Over Kill" Deck with card magic. Well, it's Christian, maybe that was silly to say. :)

Thankyou for giving all of us the "heads up" on this one Mr. Zager. I am kind of thinking this is most likely going to get a great Zombie and Saysold review and sales will skyrocket even more.
Bought this about 2 months ago direct from Christian . It does exactly what Tim says and more without any sleights and has 100 % reliability . It's a must have for a hobbyist as is a truly amazing self worker . If you love Get Sharkey you will love this more . Perfectly made and very very versatile :)
Thank you nanaswan for your "seconding" what Mr. Zager has let us know.

So far it seems the only downside is that I DON'T HAVE ONE! :)

Fellas, I wanted to share this moment with you: Tonight a very hard working family invited me to have dinner with them; their treat, at a brand new restaurant after church. It really touched my heart because they don't have a lot and...I do, but they didn't know that. ("Casual Bum" is my favorite look :) )

The young mom: Lindsey, let me know that her beautiful little 5 year old son Aden loves magic. I then did a normal "If I am on target tonight I might be able to guess whatever card you pick" (using a one way f****e deck.

Even that simple illusion seemed amazing to them and when they asked: "HOW did you do that?" I began saying: "I don't know, isn't it incredible? I just seem to have this unexplainable psychic ability where cards are concerned"--as I was slowly fanning out the cards at my side "face up" for them to see---which of course made them laugh.

I then did Invisible Deck and Oz's Renegade Triumph and they were just astounded.

BUT THEN came the most wonderful magic trick of all: Little Aden took one of my normal decks and spread them out face down on the dinner table, picked three of them and laid them still face down in front of me, and then looking at me with his bright smile asked this question: "Which card is which?"

I couldn't help but to burst out laughing and replied: "Why Aden...I, I don't know...I know some of the world's greatest magicians and I'm not sure even THEY would know... I think you have posed the most mind-boggling unsolvable question ever asked in the history of magic---I have absolutely no idea "which card is which"-- I don't know if Dr. Einstein himself could ever solve this impossible riddle! Perhaps This one is This one and That one is That one but I have no idea if I'm right."

As the parents and grandparents realized the enigma the little child had created with his presentation and question they began laughing till they cried and little Aden smiled and laughed with us knowing that he had something to do with everyone being so happy.

These folks are so loving and kind. They sincerely love Jesus, and it shows, and so love people but have so very little and yet, with what little they have, they were reaching out to me because they thought I needed it. They deserved that moment of laughter and happiness and it will stay with them, and with me, for life. That moment stemmed from the world of "magic": a world many of us here at the Café love.

God has blessed us with a unique ability or means to, with usually so little cost to ourselves, bring moments of wonder and joy to people at just a moment's notice by simply reaching into our pockets and letting the magic begin.

One of the great, truly world-renowned, Café magicians recently PM'd me and said (my paraphrase): "Alex, I am so saddened that the money part of magic is growing while the memories we create with our "moments of magic" to uplift others and make them smile seems to be less and less important."

I say these things, in part, because Christian and Card Shark have never come across as "mostly about the money". That makes me want to purchase the Over Kill Deck all the more because I, and I think maybe many here at the Café, love the "memories we create" part of magic most of all.

For me personally, I don't know if I will ever smile quite as broadly, when remembering moments of magic from my life, as I now smile when I consider Aden's child-like but brilliantly unsolvable question: "Which card is which?" :), but I do know this: it is almost a certainty that "Over Kill" is going to create thousands of moments that will stay with people for life and will end up being viewed by magicians as a great gift from a great creator of illusions: Christian, to us and then through us to others.

Which is why I will order at least two decks: One for me, and one for little Aden that I will entrust to his mom for safekeeping until the little fella is old enough to understand and use the world of wonder that lies within the box of cards Christian is bringing to us.

I've never praised an illusion like this without first having it but...this time you just know...:)
A five year old, you're giving this to a 5 year old, Geeeezzzzz thanks
Hi takeachance,

Yes, I am, with love and with a grateful heart for the memory Aden has gifted me with and the kindness a poor family showed me. I know the gift will thrill him when he is able to handle it...which from what I've seen in the talent level of some very young magicians, could be in just 2 or 3 years.

It is awesome to help people, if you are able, by paying their bills or buying groceries for them and I know God rewards that, but sometimes a different kind of gift is the perfect gift to give.

I've never given a gift of magic that didn't seem to greatly lift someone's heart. I gave Aden a one-way force deck as I was leaving and a "clicker" and it just tickled he and his mom to death. I've given hugely more expensive things to others back when "I had it like that" and it didn't seem to mean nearly as much as the little deck of cards and the clicker did to Aden and his family.

It will be in his mom's safe keeping until he is ready one day. Lindsey, his mom, lost an arm...I didn't ask how... most likely to cancer but she still just radiates kindness. I know the gift of Christian's new magic will be something she treasures as she "safe keeps it" for her son whom she treasures.

Sometimes another persons' actions (in this case mine I guess) can seem...nonsensical if we see them from a distance or only see them through our own circumstances.

I know you didn't know Lindsey's circumstances or her son's and probably have a very kind heart too.

Because I'm close to the situation I know that the gift will be going to where it should be going and, I hope, will be given at just the right time.

Tonight, in taking me out to dinner, Lindsey and Aden and their Mom and Dad gave me the best they could give. Aden so loves magic and I wanted to return the kindness that had been shown to me.

Because of my present circumstances, I think God knew that this family's love shown toward me and their taking me out to dinner was just the perfect thing to lift my heart. I wanted to do the same for them: Christian's new wonder "The Overkill Deck" I think is just the perfect thing. :)

P.S. I really like your name: "takeachance", it reminds me of ABBA and their great songs. :)
Snagged one at blackpool.
What's it like Alan? Any good mate?
"P.S. I really like your name: "takeachance", it reminds me of ABBA and their great songs"

Never thought of ABBA. It's the name we gave our dog we got from the pound.
Ok, so here I am, joining the thread. Just woke up in Batavia, where I had a blast at the FFFF Convention.
This Overkilll Deck from Tim will be awesome. It combines ideas of 100 years of Magic, all by themselves very strong. In combination: the Overkill.

Whenever I demonstrate it, it gives me so much joy to play with it, not that I would be able to first blow the magician's mind on the other side of the table when I demonstrate the features of it. The final part of the demonstration is that I let them riffle through the deck themselves. The surprise on their faces and the comments that all would be changed into censored words here are just priceless.

The best way to describe it to all who have Get Sharky: while Get Sharky is a (very strong) one trick pony, the Overkill Deck is the Swiss Army Knife of decks. And seemingly, like that knife, the deck hides all the tools on the inside.

I am not sure how a demo video should look like, which effect you want to see. There is so much in it. Get Sharky does one effect, but that in the cleanest (im)possible way. this can be demonstrated. but with the Overkill: Every strong effect that uses the coding could be done with a regular deck, sleight of hand (to peek the card) and the passion to learn all the coding for a second sight act.
Simon Aronson's quote when he saw it demonstrated: "This is our act in one deck!"

Unfortunately I did not film the presentation on stage with Charlie Frye earlier this year. We just did this "impromptu" that he went into the audience and I found the cards the spectators looked at. It really was strong with no effort. Charlie's quote: "I always wanted to do a second sight act with my wife, but I feared a divorce with the coding Sherry would have to learn. I love the Overkill Deck."

While we are in the preparation for a release, the instructions are still in development. The instructions are already great but I could imagine that more routine ideas could be given. On the other hand maybe you, the future owners of it, can also share their ideas with all of us and I will add them to the instructions.

As you might know all instructions we put out since last year or so, are also available online incl. translations in other languages. That way I can not only add another language when it is available, but also I can update the english one as well from time to time. Talking about languages: We also prepare an international version where you can write your own coding into it. For all the lazy magicians out there: we also offer to custom print their language into the deck. So far we developed the codings for German, Spanish, Italian and French (that will be completed in a few days).
That also brought me to the idea to custom print a version for all the fellows out there performing on stage without glasses who cannot read the marking on a deck (anymore). So I have custom printed a peek version without the coding that uses the whole space available for the marking. These markings are HUGE. Funny stuff.

I will soon start a pre-release available for all our newsletter subscribers and customers. So if you want to be one of the first, sign in for our newsletter.
Wow...

Thanks Christian and PLEASE send me a pre-release notice - I should be on your list for gosh sakes lol!

Also best regards to Trueinventor - looks like you are now posting quite a but here - you should be up to 1000+ posts in no time at this pace... and your thoughts on the "magic" of magic, those special moments of astonishment... are wonderful to read and a reminder of why many of us enjoy our craft & hobby so much. It also makes me feel good that some of my posts have helped others here at the Café.

Also, Get Sharky may be a one trick pony as Christian says but I agree that it is the #1 horse in my gaffed deck stable. It is a unique and beautifully made product that never fails to blow spectators away, and make me look much more talented then I really am.

Good luck with this new "Swiss Army knife."

When you call it that it sounds to me like this deck includes (guessing) a st**c, Sven, St****r, ma***d, R&S perhaps, and other ideas combined into one. I was curious how this compares to Max Krause's M.U.D. Deck which also has a Swiss Army concept? Anyone have both? http://maxsmagicshop.com/products-page/cards/maxs-magic-decks/
Had a chance to see Christian demo and blow people away with this deck yesterday in the Dealers room at MAWNY. Like Christian says it is based on some classic ideas but beautifully made and very versatile. I also picked up one of his parlour size invisible decks. The "touch" on these is beautiful, very easy to work (not SF).

John
[quote]
On 2013-04-29 00:29, trueinventor wrote:

The young mom: Lindsey, let me know that her beautiful little 5 year old son Aden loves magic. I then did a normal "If I am on target tonight I might be able to guess whatever card you pick" (using a one way f****e deck.

Which is why I will order at least two decks: One for me, and one for little Aden that I will entrust to his mom for safekeeping until the little fella is old enough to understand and use the world of wonder that lies within the box of cards Christian is bringing to us.

[/quote]

I do believe that you must be over 21 years old to own this deck.

Why don't you get him some things like the old "Penny and Dime" trick to use now? Real cheap and easy to do! There are plenty of things like that for a young child to use. You could take all of the money you would spend on this and get 8 or 10 things for him now, instead of later!

Why make him wait 16 years before he does this trick?

:bat:
I like it... It may not be for everyone but I like it.
[quote]
On 2013-04-29 10:57, BatsMagic wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

I do believe that you must be over 21 years old to own this deck.

Why don't you get him some things like the old "Penny and Dime" trick to use now? Real cheap and easy to do! There are plenty of things like that for a young child to use. You could take all of the money you would spend on this and get 8 or 10 things for him now, instead of later!

Why make him wait 16 years before he does this trick?

[/quote]

I would be happy to consider something else for this boy. This is advanced stuff, it is as if you sit a guy at driving school in the seat of a Ferrari. This will not teach him how to amaze others and forward the pleasure in Magic that we all received from our ancestors.
Hey, Hi bats! :)

Well, I understand your thinking and yes, I should do give those too. really good suggestion.

Part of my reasons though for also wanting Aden's mom to be able to hold "Overkill" for him is it will be a reminder for them that God knows their heartaches and responds to those with an oasis of kindness once in awhile to keep spirits up. That deck being kept in it's "one day I'm gonna have that" place will be a rainbow waiting to be seen that Aden knows is on the horizon.

It's similar to a dad pointing to a restored '67 Mustang in the barn and telling his little boy: "Sam, one day that will be yours".

To your point though, Dad should be giving Sam a few tricylces and bicycles along the way. :)

In similar fashion, I had ordered Rasmus' wonderful "Haunted Deck" and when it came from Hungary, with all the neat stamps, and when I saw the beautiful DVD case and seal I just couldn't bring myself to open it. It was too pretty for me to break open: I would much rather my son Matt be able to do that one day if and when the Lord will allow me to reunite with my son. Matt loved magic. And so Rasmus' "Haunted Deck" waits for him and somehow gives me comfort when I look at it from time to time holding on to the hope that I will see him again one day and be able to make him smile like I once did with unexpected treasures.

AND then, there is this to consider: Nearby in Ho Ho Kus there is a somewhat famous restaurant: "Matthews" where the owners tell the story of an incredibly talented little 5 year old "magician" whose Dad would bring him in on Saturday, dressed in a tux, and who would capture the hearts of the customers as he went table to table with his pretty advanced illusions.

From what I understand the young fella was doing impossible things very early on with magic and eventually performed, and performs, at some of the major theatres in New York. He still comes to Matthews and I'm not sure I should give his name without his permission...but...
bats, kids can sometimes be mind-blowing in how quickly they can master things.

I am a very unskilled magician, am so slow to learn illusions, and I just have this feeling that Aden, at the very least, will be on pace with my learning curve. :)

Ok bats, I know what you're thinking..."Alex, I'm not convinced, in fact, you shouldn't have a deck either until you're over 21!" OOOhhh gosh, I wish I wasn't so far over 21. :)
Oh--Hi Christian,

just saw your post. Sure, thank you. Anything you think would be "hands on" at the moment for a child Aden's age I will place an order for.

Ummmm....ok, now I'm pushing the limit, but could you possibly autograph it for Aden? :)

your friend,
Alex
Takeachance --what a great name for a rescued dog! Dad always brought ours home from the pound and I still remember those “christening of the puppy with his name” moments being so fun. You chose a perfect name!—is it ok if I borrow it if I ever am able to have another puppy?

Saysold1 –thank you for your kind note. I feel honored to be in the company of the men and women who ‘ve joined Steve’s Café. It’s true that I pay special attention to your thoughts because most anyone reading them, and seeing your posted photo, can sense you have a lot of kindness, honor, and integrity and a love for life and people and your reviews can be trusted. You are just such a genuine down-to-earth person.

Christian and Tim—Wow, Wow, wow, and…..WOW! :)

Magnus—your quote: “Shut up and take my money!” has had me laughing and smiling all morning.:)

Things that happen here out of the clear blue like your quote are one of the many reasons the Café is such a great place to spend time.
I don’t need no stinkin' demo, Christian. Just take the money and give me the deck!!

Thanks!

Jim

PS to Brett: I have Max,s MUD deck but, sniff sniff... no Overkill Deck to compare it with. ;)
(BTW, MUD deck - great idea though mine came with a lot of defects: misprints, or actually off-center prints, markings came off within three or four practices, R&S didn't hold well - had to re-apply my own. Created more work for me than I needed. It's in a drawer somewhere, I think.)
Hi J-Mac,

Your statement has let me finish out today with laughter :)...Magnus got it going and now your: "I don’t need no stinkin' demo, Christian. Just take the money and give me the deck!! Thanks! Jim"

has got me smiling again til my face hurts. I'll still be smiling tonight!

It reminded me of Muhammed Ali saying (my paraphrase): "I ain't worried 'bout no Joe Fraz-yah, jus bring on the fight an stop all that talking 'bout Joe Fraz-yah" :)

I'm usually such a "wordy" person but now I am re-thinking that...I kinda like you're and Magnus' way of saying things a whole lot!--Just say it short and sweet and Don't leave no confusion about where you stand. :)

Oh my gosh...it's not my nature any more but I think I might take a cue from you and Magnus and just say, if Christian replys to me in any way: "Just shut up and give me the Deck!"---I'm sorry Christian...didn't mean it...:)

Thank you J-Mac for being you old boy!
[quote]
Thank you nanaswan for your "seconding" what Mr. Zager has let us know.

So far it seems the only downside is that I DON'T HAVE ONE! :)

Fellas, I wanted to share this moment with you: Tonight a very hard working family invited me to have dinner with them; their treat, at a brand new restaurant after church. It really touched my heart because they don't have a lot and...I do, but they didn't know that. ("Casual Bum" is my favorite look :) )

Even that simple illusion seemed amazing to them and when they asked: "HOW did you do that?" I began saying: "I don't know, isn't it incredible? I just seem to have this unexplainable psychic ability where cards are concerned"--as I was slowly fanning out the cards at my side "face up" for them to see---which of course made them laugh.

I then did Invisible Deck and Oz's Renegade Triumph and they were just astounded.

BUT THEN came the most wonderful magic trick of all: Little Aden took one of my normal decks and spread them out face down on the dinner table, picked three of them and laid them still face down in front of me, and then looking at me with his bright smile asked this question: "Which card is which?"

I couldn't help but to burst out laughing and replied: "Why Aden...I, I don't know...I know some of the world's greatest magicians and I'm not sure even THEY would know... I think you have posed the most mind-boggling unsolvable question ever asked in the history of magic---I have absolutely no idea "which card is which"-- I don't know if Dr. Einstein himself could ever solve this impossible riddle! Perhaps This one is This one and That one is That one but I have no idea if I'm right."

As the parents and grandparents realized the enigma the little child had created with his presentation and question they began laughing till they cried and little Aden smiled and laughed with us knowing that he had something to do with everyone being so happy.

These folks are so loving and kind. They sincerely love Jesus, and it shows, and so love people but have so very little and yet, with what little they have, they were reaching out to me because they thought I needed it. They deserved that moment of laughter and happiness and it will stay with them, and with me, for life. That moment stemmed from the world of "magic": a world many of us here at the Café love.

God has blessed us with a unique ability or means to, with usually so little cost to ourselves, bring moments of wonder and joy to people at just a moment's notice by simply reaching into our pockets and letting the magic begin.

One of the great, truly world-renowned, Café magicians recently PM'd me and said (my paraphrase): "Alex, I am so saddened that the money part of magic is growing while the memories we create with our "moments of magic" to uplift others and make them smile seems to be less and less important."

I say these things, in part, because Christian and Card Shark have never come across as "mostly about the money". That makes me want to purchase the Over Kill Deck all the more because I, and I think maybe many here at the Café, love the "memories we create" part of magic most of all.

For me personally, I don't know if I will ever smile quite as broadly, when remembering moments of magic from my life, as I now smile when I consider Aden's child-like but brilliantly unsolvable question: "Which card is which?" :), but I do know this: it is almost a certainty that "Over Kill" is going to create thousands of moments that will stay with people for life and will end up being viewed by magicians as a great gift from a great creator of illusions: Christian, to us and then through us to others.

I've never praised an illusion like this without first having it but...this time you just know...:)
[/quote]

Well I gotta say what a wonderful story and I just love your passion for our art a big thumbs up from me in making the lad happy reminds me of how I enjoyed teaching my nephew who is about 8 now ,don't see him anymore though he realy surprised me how quick he learn't,might have to get this for my self, all the best

Shane
Jim-

I had a M.U.D. Deck before it came out and it wasn't quite my cup of tea - although I really respect Max. I tried a pre-release that Max made at his place in Phoenix.

Based on what John (Talbot) says... I now KNOW that this is something I definitely want.

Also, this sounds like it may be a distant relative of Sharky but with a much wider range of possibilities. Very cool.
I have a handful of "hand-made" prototypes of the Overkill Deck that I have been making over the last couple years...not sure what to do with them now that they're being manufactured by Card Shark.

I'll give one away. If you're interested, PM me and I'll draw a random name this Wed, May 1 at 6:00pm CST. Send a PM! I will only draw a name from people who PMd. It's free. The only catch is you agree to come back and report on it here...and you let me announce your name as winner in this thread.
You are right Brett there is some relation. Get Sharky which we both love is a very cool self contained effect, Overkill is a tool and will require some thought on how and when to best use it. Incorporating this in a two person act (formally or informally) might be the ultimate application for this. Loved watching Christian and his booth partner jazz with this, they were having fun and it showed.

John
Shane (Firestarter),

Thank you so very much for your warm and kind comment. I am so glad you have those great memories of your nephew in your heart and that he too has them. :) All of this puts me in mind of the video "The Magic Box" that Mr. Brooks gave us a "heads up" on.

Guys, as a collector and inventor I wanted to comment on Mr. Zager's so very kind offer of the random draw: "Shut up and give me the Deck!"--- I'm so sorry...I am truly just kidding :)...flashback to earlier comments...:)

Actually, what I really wanted to say was that, as a collector and inventor I've learned that there can be HUGE value in a prototype.

Especially one Hand-Made by the creator. A Ford Model T, 100th off the assembly line is valuable but not nearly so much as a working hand-made prototype by Henry Ford would be. Another example would be the Wright Brothers' "First Flight" aircraft vs a modern "one of many" Cessna's today. Cessna--Good Prize! First Ever Flying machine---WOW! REALLLYYYY GOOD Prize!

Whoever wins that drawing will have a treasure of a lifetime!

Thank you Mr. Zager for your heart.
P.S.

Mr. Zager, if you see...oh maybe...15 or 20 PM's to you entering the drawing under different Café names but all of them, oddly enough, from MY I.P. address...

please pay no attention to the anamoly. :)
Just landed in Germany, coming back from the FFFF. What a great time I had with all the Masterminds and Pro Close Up Magicians.

I brainstormed with my friend and Card-Shark USA Roger Nicot how to best film a demo. I think it will be great. Just have to see where and when to film it as I will not be in the USA for the next two months aproximately. And I bet you don't want to wait that long.
Hi, Christian!

No- speaking only for myself, I don't want to wait that long!

Hi guys :)

Okay, this might just seem silly BUT...if you will look on this page you may notice that we find Mr. Zager, sandwiched in between saysold1 and JM Talbot, has made his 167th post and Christian; just above BatsMagic (who has the best avatar in Café land), has just made his 1,167th post.

Hmmmm...I don't know exaclty what to make of that except to offer that everything about this wonderful new illusion seems in perfect alignment with the world of magic. :)
... cue Twilight Zone theme music... :)
:) :) Perfect Mr. Talbot! That was so good sir! I will be smiling til I go to sleep. :)

P.S. I KNEW you were him come back from the other side! I knew it I knew it...:)
... I'mmmmm back.... :)
...and the WINNER is:

BatsMagic

Congrats! PM your mailing address and I'll send you a hand-made prototype of the Overkill Deck.
Congrats Bats!
WOW!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm stunned!

I totally forgot that the time had come for this, and I only checked in to see what J M had posted here about this.

I am really looking forward to getting this, and I'm sure that I will be very pleased.

Everything I have ever gotten from Card Shark has been a winner for me, and I do believe that I will buy another "official" one when it comes out.

I will be very happy to report on this to all of you guys and gals after I have a little time to play with it!

I'm going to PM Tim as soon as I'm done here.

I am humbled.

Nice! Congrats Bats!
James
CONGRATULATIONS BatsMagic!
Congrats to Bats :)

Hats off to bats!
Thanks a lot, everyone.

And to think that I almost did not enter because I figured "What chance do I have to actually win this?".

The only thing I've ever won before in my life was a copy of Peter Frampton's "Frampton Comes Alive" from a record store back in the day.

This will be much better than that!

It's a great utility deck enjoy it Bats :)
While this is a great prize, I think Frampton comes alive is also incredible ;)
James

[quote]
On 2013-05-01 21:38, BatsMagic wrote:
Thanks a lot, everyone.

And to think that I almost did not enter because I figured "What chance do I have to actually win this?".

The only thing I've ever won before in my life was a copy of Peter Frampton's "Frampton Comes Alive" from a record store back in the day.

[/quote]
Release date??
[quote]
On 2013-05-02 03:09, Xiqual wrote:
While this is a great prize, I think Frampton comes alive is also incredible ;)
James

[quote]
On 2013-05-01 21:38, BatsMagic wrote:
Thanks a lot, everyone.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Well, I sure did play it until it practically wore out, James!

Congratulations Bats! :)

P.S. If that beautiful prize has some sort of "dust" on it when you first open it, please brush it off into a jar for safe-keeping and further study...

I think there is a good chance that "dust"
could be from...another dimension...another Zone :)
How freely can the deck be handled/shown?
[quote]
On 2013-05-02 10:39, trueinventor wrote:
Congratulations Bats! :)

P.S. If that beautiful prize has some sort of "dust" on it when you first open it, please brush it off into a jar for safe-keeping and further study...

I think there is a good chance that "dust"
could be from...another dimension...another Zone :)
[/quote]

Sorry, ti- Tim already told me that he needed all of that dust for himself!

There is not an "official release" date right now, at the moment I would like to call it a pre-release. We have them available at every convention we go right now. The next one is the "Battle of Magicians" this coming weekend.

As the decks need a lot of preparation and we do not want to sell out within the first three days, we are preparing some in the coming days. And then - only through our newsletter - we will start our first sale of them.

The official release date might take another month.

(Btw: Congratulations Bats, be aware that Tim's prototype is unfortunately "half as good" as the one coming, for a reason most of you understand knowing our Double Deckers. But it is a rare and precious prize)

Maybe I should also do a prize draw: How about under all purchasers of the Overkill Deck within the first 3 days I will draw a Get Sharky Deck.?!
[quote]
On 2013-05-02 11:32, Card-Shark wrote:
There is not an "official release" date right now, at the moment I would like to call it a pre-release. We have them available at every convention we go right now. The next one is the "Battle of Magicians" this coming weekend.

As the decks need a lot of preparation and we do not want to sell out within the first three days, we are preparing some in the coming days. And then - only through our newsletter - we will start our first sale of them.

The official release date might take another month.

(Btw: Congratulations Bats, be aware that Tim's prototype is unfortunately "half as good" as the one coming, for a reason most of you understand knowing our Double Deckers. But it is a rare and precious prize)

Maybe I should also do a prize draw: How about under all purchasers of the Overkill Deck within the first 3 days I will draw a Get Sharky Deck.?!
[/quote]

Thanks, Christian!

Tim did fill me in on the details of his prototype, as compared to your "official" decks. So I know exactly what I'm getting!

I am on your mailing list and I will order an "Overkill" deck when it comes out!

I own "Get Sharky", and I love it! I bought it from a Brick and Mortar Magic Shop, so you won't see me as a purchaser from your site!

But I did get "One Night You Can't Stand", "Science Friction", and several decks of cards directly from you. Look for a guy from New york whose name starts out as "John Batt", and you'll know who I am!

@ Batts: regarding of your hometown you should speak a lot of languages, right? ;)
Well, I speak a bit of Spanish (because of 5 years of it in school) and some Italian (because of my great grandparents and grandparents), but I can say "Dankeschon" to you and Card Shark for all the great things you've put out!

Please forgive me if I did not spell that correctly, OK?

I don't want to cause a riot here, Christian (well- maybe I do! An occasional riot might be good for business!), but can I pre-order "Overkill" from you? You are currently one of the few that I trust to do that from anymore!

Hi Christian,

"Ditto" what Bats said. Also, YES! a "Get Sharky" Drawing would be Awesome.
While I would LOVE to own another "Get Sharky", I'll excuse myself from the drawing for that one, Christian.

Although I did have my eye on some other Card Shark items if I could substitute for a lesser value.......

Besides, lightning could not possibly strike the same place twice, could it?

BATS! NO!...wait!

(Psst, come here under the table with me for a moment where no one can hear us...

listen, if you would...go ahead and enter cause you may just be on a hot streak...
and then if you win...well...

you could just sort of Ssss..lll..ooo..www..lll..yyy slide Get Sharky over to me while
no one is looking...

you ARE a magician after all, I'm sure no one will catch the "moment of the slide" with
just a bit of distraction) :)
Sometimes you just have to let it go, trueinventor.

On the other hand, there are 2 lottery drawings that are over 100 million right now. I'm going to play those. If I win the whole thing, I'll buy all of my friends here in the Café an "Overkill" deck, OK?

And I mean that- if I really do hit the big one, I will get everyone here that has already posted a comment here about "Overkill" an "Overkill" deck, OK?

Ok old boy,

If you ask Tim to shoot you some of the "Zone Dust" to sprinkle on your tickets...

you just never know...:)
[quote]
On 2013-05-02 11:06, Nicolino wrote:
How freely can the deck be handled/shown?
[/quote]
You can shuffle, fan, spread, show fronts/backs...pretty much like you would any regular deck.
So it sounds like the Phoenix DD cards allow a full 52 bank of possible selections - I'm assuming Tim's was 50% less because of extra thickness.

Just guessing.
Reading what this deck is capable of, I can't imagine any magician that uses cards not wanting one.
Purists will definitely ignore this deck and that is ok. All the others will add a strong weapon to theirmagic arsenal.
I'm for adding weapons!

Bats, Isn't that a quote from Hans Solo in the first Star Wars movie when he and
Luke Skywalker were discussing the Millenial Falcon? :)
Well, I've seen the movies more than once, or else I wouldn't be human (and my wife claims that I'm not!), but I honestly don't remember, trueinventor. But it sounds logical to me.

[quote]
On 2013-05-03 07:11, Card-Shark wrote:
Purists will definitely ignore this deck and that is ok. All the others will add a strong weapon to theirmagic arsenal.
[/quote]

Purists who ignore your creations do so at the risk of missing some of the finest card creations in magic. Anyone I know who owns a Sharky Deck has generally been thrilled with it. This sounds like Sharky on steroids.

Since Cardshark's original threads regarding the masterpiece Get Shark decks were long ago wholly removed (sadly), I would like to remind Café members that it was Christian's development of the Phoenix Double Deckers which allowed an entirely now range of possibilities that are still being created.

There was another t**n card deck - the Protea brand decks from South Africa - but that deck (those who own Phil or Phil 2 may be familar with it) only allowed less than 52 full possibilities - thereby limiting things considerably.

Cardshark's Double Deckers were the first to offer such high quality, and opened the door for many new effects + enhancing some of the old ones (like Phil, etc). The double deckers are a thing of genuine beauty - the feel, size, weight, opacity - everything about them is perfection. I know Christian had to scramble about a year ago when he apparently lost his original secret manufacturer of his DD cards - and had to locate a new supplier.

The Sharky Deck harkens back to other ideas that went back to the 1930's/1940's as some of us already know... but Cristian's DD + his precision craftsmanship in creating the gimmick allowed possibilities and handling that the TPD (I will leave as initials) could only dream of.

Also as some who have followed this know, the genius Juan Tamariz worked with and released a similar idea (not for a deck, but similar principal) with his famous "Traveling Cards" effect some years ago.

I hope Christian doesn't mind me mentioning this small history of what may be behind this new "Overkill Deck" creation (and if I messed anything uo please correct me) - but I think we should all appreciate that there is a long history behind this creation... but that the biggest leaps with this concept have occurred in the past 5 or so years as a direct result of Christian Schenk's (Cardsharks) passion for providing Magician's with some of the finest cards ever made, and pushing the limits beyond what boring companies like the USPCC have developed.

Hats off then to Cardshark... and if this flattery might earn me the opportunity to BUY one of these Overkill Decks SOON I would not turn down the offer :) (hint-hint).
OK, I will make sure to get the newsletter ready by the end of this weekend. I might add another trick to the newsletter, as this is such a beauty I could not hold myself away from it. The effect is called "I Hate Kids", is by Steve Bargatze and will be released through Palmer Magic. As Card-Shark is well known for easy to master effects where magicians can put 90 % of their skill into presentation as most of the effects are self working with a limited necessity of skill, this effect was just a perfect add-on to our portfolio.

This effect is not yet released, I saw it performed at FFFF last weekend and was so excited that I got the first 50 items. This is not released yet, so a very hot item. Some of you might have been burned in buying stuff they have never seen before, but this is a no-brainer. You get three innocent looking leather purses, and can play with a kid (or even an adult) for money, say, a Dollar. But the magician tells you that the kid will lose. Playing it big, the kid chooses the purse, can remove the Dollar himself and is happy. Later the magician then will show the other purses where a 10 $ and 20 $ bill was waiting. No TT, no get-ready or anything. Just these beautiful purses, a great DVD from this master of comedy magic himself. Oh, I am so excited... I bet that all of them that I have will be gone through my upcoming newsletter, so if you did not sign in yet...
http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=13&lang=en&Newsletter=true

Thanks, working on a quick release of the Overkill, really!!!
Thank you Brett!

A very very well written history. I learned a lot worth knowing in just a few paragraphs.
It is your writings about Card Shark that began to make me take a look at them last year as you
were praising (with very good reason) Science Friction.

You have always stood solidly behind them (with very good reason) and if you are ever able to visit Card Shark there should be a prominent: "Welcome Brett!" sign at the entrance that day.

Chrisitian, you stated: "As Card-Shark is well known for easy to master effects where magicians can put 90 % of their skill into presentation as most of the effects are self working with a limited necessity of skill..."

which is why we love your company and creations so much! :)
Thanks for the lesson on this type of deck, saysold.

I'm on your mailing list, Christian, on my "non-magic" eMail address, but I'm going to add my "magic" eMail address to your list. This way I'm sure to see your announcement when it comes.

Thanks a lot!

I received my "Overkill" prototype today and I took a quick look at it. Real life is getting in the way of me playing around with it- I'll have to wait until everyone's sleeping before I can really do anything. I've got to be at the High School at 8:00 for my son.

The deck is capable of many different things. I'm going to a barbeque this weekend and I'm already planning how I'm going to reveal a card that my wife allows a spectator to choose while I'm standing 10 or 15 feet away from her. She should be able to do it with little or no problems!

I'll post more as I play with it and learn more about this deck!

Hi Bats...CAN'T WAIT for your review!
Here you go, trueinventor- the first shot across the bow.

I have not had enough time to really explore everything that you can do with this deck, but here are some of my thoughts.

First of all, yes, I do like what you can do with this deck. It is capable of many things, When Card Shark releases this to all of us it will be even better. My deck cannot be handed out now, although I'm not so sure you would need to do that. I'm sure that some might want to for some effects, and when it is released you will be able to. If you hand out "Get Sharky" (Which I do- it is a necessary part of the effect. I do seem to recall some here saying that they were afraid to hand it out. Don't be!), you can hand out this deck. That just comes from me knowing how Sharky works.

I have used a CHaSeD deck before, but I have never used a Tamariz deck or an Aronson deck before. Until today, that is. Granted, my usage was not very sophisticated, but it worked and went over very well. I almost always have several decks on me, and I was just thinking about using an Aronson deck when I decided "Sure, why not!". I did the necessary set-up, and when the salesman came in to talk business, I went to work.

Now let me just explain that 4 of my best spectators are salesman for 4 different companies that usually come into my workplace once a week each. I usually do a thing or two for each of them when they stop by. They all LOVE for me to entertain them, and I do my best. One of them has actually taken an interest in Magic, and I've taught him a few simple things that he now does when he makes his sales calls! He's actually been to paid performances by magicians, solely because of me. I don't reveal the things that I do for him, but I have shown and given to him things like "You Do As I Do" and the old "Penny and Dime" Trick.

Anyway, I pull out my "Overkill" Deck, and I also place the Aronson Deck on the table, telling him that we'll get back to that later. I riffled through the deck, he calls out "Stop". I asked him if he was happy with that card, or would he like another. He wanted another card, so I let him change his mind. He changed his mind twice. He finally chose the Ten of Hearts. I seemed to have some trouble divining his card. First I thought it was a black card. No. Well then, it's a red picture card. Wrong again. OK, it's a really low value red card, like a two or three of diamonds. Strike three!

I was really upset. This NEVER happens to me!

Wait a minute. Remember the other box of cards that I put down on the table earlier? Well, open it up and remove the cards. Now count down 37 cards from the top. Your card is the next one!

He hesitated. "Go ahead", I said- "Turn it over. I don't even want to touch anything!".

BINGO! There it was. His card. The Ten of Hearts!

Bruce has told me several times that I should be a professional magician. He told that me again today!

Man, oh man- there's no better feeling than that!

I agree- I SHOULD be a professional magician!

As Christian said earlier in this thread, this deck is not for everybody. Some won't like it. Others will. I do like it.

I can cut my grass with a manual push-it lawnmower like the Amish do, or I can use a gas-powered one. And yes, I can pay to have someone else do it for me. I use the gas-powered one.

This is the gas-powered card deck.

More to come this weekend. I'll be using the Aronson Deck with the "Overkill" deck, and I'll be using my wife to help me divine a chosen card from 15 feet away.

It's going to be a good weekend!

What a very well-done "Sharing from you life" review Bats! Thankyou so much!
Those are my favorite kind! I could almost picture you with your salesmen
friends from how you told it.

Your Amish push mower vs gaspowered lawnmower anology so rang true with me!
I'm old enough to use the old rotary ribbon-blade manual ones!
GREAT EXERCISE! but...

OH did I love the day when Dad came home with our first gas-powered riding mower!

I was already sold on "OVERKILL" but now I'm even sold-er :)

(Oh, P.S. Bats: my Shelia can divine what credit card I have in any compartment
of my wallet from great distances...don't know if Tim and Chris taught her
or if it's a "girl" thing :) )
[quote]
On 2013-05-09 19:01, BatsMagic wrote:
My deck cannot be handed out now, although I'm not so sure you would need to do that. I'm sure that some might want to for some effects, and when it is released you will be able to.
[/quote]
Sure it can :) I have been handing it to *laymen to overhand shuffle ever since I started using the deck. I agree you don't *need to.
You're right, Tim.

What I really should have said is that it can't be "examined", while I believe that the final product can be. Not that I would say "Here, examine this deck", but I hand out my "Get Sharky" deck for my specs to find their chosen card. They go through the cards one by one looking for it. They don't find it. And they have never seen anything that they shouldn't see.

You can't do that with the prototype. But the legitimacy of the deck never came into question at all.

I perform for many people that want to examine things. Audience management can be pretty tough sometimes!

Card Shark looks like they have two excellent winners this spring. "Overkill" is one of them!

I've been on a Magic Café break for the past week, but I'd like to talk about some of the use that I've gotten out of the "Overkill" Deck.

I attended a barbeque 9 days ago, and one of the few things that took with me was this deck. I used it a good amount of time, usually sw****ing it in after performing "Shufflebored" with another deck. Everything went very well with it.

I used it once with my wife offering a spectator a free choice of any card, and from 10 feet away I was able to reveal the cards identity. I would have liked to do this more than once, but my wife was a little uncomfortable doing this with me and I believe that it showed. I myself could feel that she was not "on", so I only asked her to do it once, and she was relieved. She told me later on that she was afraid to make a mistake, but there was really no reason to feel that way. It is very simple to do a two person "pick-and-reveal" with this deck. Any novice can do it. I've never worked with another person before in this way myself, but I'd like to, and this is an easy way to go with it.

The thing that I've enjoyed doing the most with the "Overkill" Deck is using it with an Aronson Deck for the reveal. I've gotten a big kick out of offering a free choice of card, allowing a spectator to change their mind about the selection once or twice, and then being able to tell the spectator exactly how many cards down their selection is. I did this at least a half dozen times in one day, and it was a pleasure. I even had one guy claim that "I was always going to have them pick the 10 of Hearts" (or whatever), but another person said that they saw me do it with a 6 of Clubs previously. And I did allow them to change their mind before they settled on the 10 of Hearts, didn't I? Yes I did!

All in all I had a great time using the "Overkill" Deck. You need a hammer and a screwdriver in your toolbox. The "Overkill" Deck is a screwdriver that fits a lot of screw heads!

I should be signed up for Christian's newsletter, but I haven't received one in ages.
So now for the important stuff: has the pre-release started yet??
No notice has been given yet, Doctor D!

It should be soon, though.

Has the release date been announced? This sounds interesting.
[quote]
On 2013-06-05 17:11, G. Batson wrote:
Has the release date been announced? This sounds interesting.
[/quote]

I'm not really into mentalism, but this sounds really impressive.

Will be standing by for this one.

Kind regards.

Neil.
I tried to contact card shark on their website to get release info but did not hear back from anyone. Does anyone here know about a release date? Video?
What happened?
This trick will be released right after the Magic Live 11-14 august. I just talked With card shark magic
Hi guys, I am really looking forward to Magic Live where we finally will release the Overkill Deck! The instructions got revised several times, I got great routines from Mark Elsdon and a killer Overkill ACAAN from Jan Forster, a specialist in card mentalism.

Maybe you can give me an idea for the following: the demo video!

This tool is so versatile, that you can do so many different things with it. I love live demos, but it is not a trick deck you would just film and that is it. Any suggestions what we should film with it while in Vegas???

I did a great spontaneous act with Charlie Frye back in England with it, where he went into the audience and I was able to know the cards the spectators selected. The whole deck is awesome for partner work. Unfortunately it was so spontaneous, that I did not film it. ***...
I'd prefer parts of performances of several routines included in the handling, rather than one full-length one. Routines that reflect how versatile and easy to work this deck is.
If possible, use someone who has just picked it up from your booth, introduce him to the workings, and have him vouch - on camera - that this is his first outing with the Overkill Deck.
Was a video made at Magic Live? Did anyone see it demonstrated?
Saw this demonstrated at Magic Live, and it indeed has a ton of tricks up its sleeve! It's basically like Get Sharky on steroids! You can do single-person reveals, reveal multiple selections, have a partner make the reveal, do the old "wizard" trick over the phone, etc. Some very cool stuff built in here!

Kevin
I purchased this at Magic Live, after seeing it demoed and explained. For those who know the Phoenix deck line, this is not a major departure. But it does provide so many options for use, and is dead simple to use. The cards handle very nicely, and the desired information to perform the effects is extremely clear, even for 52 year old eyes. If you like the type of effects that are described, then I think you will be happy with this deck.

John
Yes, that is the strange part about this deck: if you expect "just a trick" like Get Sharky, you might be disappointed. Get Sharky is VERY clear in what can be achieved. A card is peeked and disappears immediately from the deck, to be found at an impossible location.

The Overkill Deck however is a TOOL that has several built in features. Really, just imagine a Swiss Army Knife built into a deck of cards. You have to be able to put on a Poker face during performance. It will be tough NOT to smile when using the features built-in. Magic Balay, one of the best magic demonstrators I know, from Fantasma in New York City, is one of the biggest fan of the Get Sharky. When he saw the Overkill Deck he immediately fell in love with it. The next day he already used all the different codes coming with it. It is really that easy.
So is this only available from Germany? Assuming it has now been officially released?
Yes, I really think it is a wonderful tool, superbly done and with so many applications. It even inspires you to come up with something own and original. Jan
I love Get Sharky and was looking forward to seeing this at Magic Live.
On watching the dem and seeing all the available options of this amazing deck it was an instant purchase
You will not be disappointed
No skill required and it will leave your audience completely baffled
Well done Christian this is Brilliant
The Overkill Deck will stay a Card-Shark Exclusive item, so it will only be available through us. We will ship out from Germany and from our Subsidiary in the USA. Give us a few more days to add the item to our system and to have enough in stock in the USA.

What you did not see at Magic Live was the following:

The Overkill Decks will be available in red and blue backs!

The Overkill Decks come completely prepared with english codes, but are also available with blank space so that you can write your own code in your language onto the cards. The info of the chosen card and the stack positions are already imprinted onto these decks too, so you do not have to write EVERYTHING in there, just the parts that would not work in your own language. The international version decks are ready to go for all kind of effects that do not use a partner, just for the secret communication with your partner you would have to add that code. We also provide you with a super fine Sharpie to write onto the cards.

We already prepared all necessary codes for German, French, Spanish and Italian, if you are interested in helping us with your language, please contact me. Every new language added to the list will be rewarded with a discounted Overkill Deck (50% off)!
Christian was kind enough to show me one of these decks (at the Session or South Shields? I forget) and I was blown away. Like Christian mentioned earlier, if you're looking for a "one trick pony" then this might not be for you. On the other hand, if you're a professional performer, looking for a really smart tool, with many applications, then this is going to really impress you. I know it's cliched, but my mind was racing with ideas after spending just a few minutes toying with the deck. I look forward to getting my hands on one and will certainly make space on my blog to review this fantastic bit of kit!
I was looking to get a marked deck but them stumbled upon the SUM deck on the web site. Now, here I see this OverKill deck... Which one do I get???
I'm working on a video I will have ready by end of day Sat. It will show what the handling looks like for about four effects. Nothing fancy, but it will give you a feel for what it "looks" like and how natural the handling is.

Then next Tues I'm shooting some video with a lay audience so you can see their reactions to several effects. That's provided the people who said they will be there actually show up. :)

@NYCJoePitt, the Overkill Deck is much more than just a marked deck. SUM is a good deck...just in a different category as far as possible effects.

-Tim
Is this available now ? Thanks
Still no word from Card Shark. Tim, do you have these available. Please PM me.
Order link http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=79&lang=en&detail=true&Category=13&ArtID=243
[quote]
On 2013-08-21 17:18, Tim Zager wrote:
I'm working on a video I will have ready by end of day Sat. It will show what the handling looks like for about four effects. Nothing fancy, but it will give you a feel for what it "looks" like and how natural the handling is.

Then next Tues I'm shooting some video with a lay audience so you can see their reactions to several effects. That's provided the people who said they will be there actually show up. :)

@NYCJoePitt, the Overkill Deck is much more than just a marked deck. SUM is a good deck...just in a different category as far as possible effects.

-Tim
[/quote]

So much for the videos. I think the term 'overkill' must relate to the price.
Is that price for a box of 12 packs !!!!!

Barry
Is that price for a box of 12 packs !!!!!

Barry
Sorry guys, I wanted to put it online finally, but had directly travel out to another convention. I thought better now than never. I will still make a newsletter but it will take a few days.

Tim did a great video of what you can do with it WITHOUT showing you the secret itself. We all know now that there are several information are hidden on the cards, but many people want to see the handling how it would work, what is still possible etc.

So I took the freedom to refer to Tim's video on the item page in our online-shop. It looks a bit strange to show stuff you would do with any normal deck, but in the end: that is it: a normal behaving deck with built-in secrets that will allow you amazing stuff. Please check it out.
So in the deck's basic form it is a 'get sharky' deck with some extra coding written on?
The principle is similar, but while Get Sharky is "just a" - very strong - trick, the Overkill Deck is a tool.

If you know the working principle of Get Sharky, you can imagine the method envolved.
Is this a tool for those who want to do memorized deck magic without memorising anything or is it also for those who already master a memdeck or am I completely besides the point of this ?
Thanks Christian for clarifying.
As Christian mentioned, the deck is not so much a "trick" as it is a "tool" that allows you to do *many* tricks. It's a tool that allows a spectator to select a card by performer riffling through the deck until they say stop. Always a free choice, any one of 52 cards could be selected. The instant they see their card, the performer knows what it is... plus 5 other pieces of secret information. Once you have that info, what can you do with it? Go to the first page of this thread and look at my second post where I describe four examples of tricks you can do once you know the secret info.

The biggest question people have is, with all that hidden information, are you restricted in how you can handle the deck. It looks and handles like any normal deck. You are the only one who has access to that info. You can see a short video on Card Shark's web page. Gimmickless posted a link above. The video shows how you can handle the deck just as you normally would.

As for a performance video, yes I did promise one, but it was shot in a bar. Horrible quality. :) It was noisy and you couldn't even hear what was going on. I also decided it was probably a good idea to wait until to see what Christian wants to do about a performance video so as not to conflict with his marketing efforts.
I have this. and it is awesome. highly recommanded!!!!!
Received this today! ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!! Is very rare I get crazy so easy for things like that, BUT this is an extremely versatile tool! LOVE IT!
Tim helped me with the deck on Skype. He showed me some ideas I would not have thought of. Fun guy. He said he was going to have a discount next week for a limited number of decks. I don't know the details.
Anyone using this? Please PM me
Sent
Mind to send me a PM too? I have "get sharkey" and I'm not sure it will add much for me.
Thanks in advance and all the best
M.

[quote]On Jan 19, 2015, sgtgrey wrote:
Sent [/quote]