(Close Window)
Topic: Triple Intuition by Dani DaOrtiz
The trailer fooled me. No clue how it was done.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15378

"Dani has designed a deck that appears normal and random at every turn, but hides a secret that allows the Magician to know selected cards and where they are in the deck".

[img]http://images.penguinmagic.com/images/magitars/dani_daortiz.png[/img]
Dani DaOrtiz
Wow, doesn't seem possible!
I have a strange feeling that we are not seeing the entire performance...If we are, on the other hand, this fooled me badly.
I am sure this is not the full performance :(
This has been out for sometime. Super effect. (The less better knowing about it the better). I sometimes use it as a closer for formal close up shows. It is very strong
This effect is fabulous. I've seen Dani's lecture a good 3-4 times, and he closes the lecture with this effect. I purchased it the first time I saw the lecture (written instructions, no DVD). It has some very clever thinking, is easy to do, and is really powerful. I know a lot of folks don't like to carry a "special" deck that's dedicated to only 1 effect, but this one is well worth it.
[quote]
On 2013-05-13 20:04, Mercury52 wrote:

This effect is fabulous. I've seen Dani's lecture a good 3-4 times, and he closes the lecture with this effect. I purchased it the first time I saw the lecture (written instructions, no DVD).

[b]* It has some very clever thinking, is easy to do, and is really powerful.

* I know a lot of folks don't like to carry a "special" deck that's dedicated to only 1 effect, but this one is well worth it.[/b]
[/quote]

I fully agree with you.

Highly recommended.

:xmas:
Great effect indeed but I seriously don't understand the trailer. It's not an ACAAN by all means.
Really liked the effect, its got me thinking, so far no idea.
That trailer is not "Triple Intuition."
[quote]
On 2013-05-13 21:25, bugjack wrote:
That trailer is not "Triple Intuition."
[/quote]

Yeah, that does not seem like the effect described. What's the deal?
I didn't watch the trailer on the Penguin site before making my comments earlier, since I have seen the Triple Intuition effect live several times.

It does appear that a mistake has been made, and the product page is showing a Card at Any Number effect instead of Triple Intuition. I'd imagine it will be corrected soon.

The Triple Intuition effect involves 3 spectators selecting cards, and then using their intuition to find their own cards. It is very fair, direct, easy, and amazing.

I don't know anything about the CAAN effect - maybe it will be another release that Dani is offering soon. Though reading the ad copy, it does mention using this deck to reveal a selection at a number. So perhaps it's also possible that the demo is showing a secondary effect that's possible with this deck, rather than the main triple reveal?

Kevin
Here is Triple Intuicion. It is great effect that I recommend for anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYl_Z2dVVag
[quote]
On 2013-05-14 12:50, Mercury52 wrote:
I didn't watch the trailer on the Penguin site before making my comments earlier, since I have seen the Triple Intuition effect live several times.

It does appear that a mistake has been made, and the product page is showing a Card at Any Number effect instead of Triple Intuition. I'd imagine it will be corrected soon.

The Triple Intuition effect involves 3 spectators selecting cards, and then using their intuition to find their own cards. It is very fair, direct, easy, and amazing.

I don't know anything about the CAAN effect - maybe it will be another release that Dani is offering soon. Though reading the ad copy, it does mention using this deck to reveal a selection at a number. So perhaps it's also possible that the demo is showing a secondary effect that's possible with this deck, rather than the main triple reveal?

Kevin
[/quote]

Hey Kevin,

That's interesting. Knowing Triple Intuition as well, I assumed Penguin just made a mistake. But you may be right. I think if you know Dani's work you have some idea of what's going on in the demo... but I could see how using the Triple Intuition deck would make that effect easier.
The new version that came out with dvd has extra Card at any number routine there. The demo video is incomplete and doesn't show full performance. The selection procedure is totally cut away.

J-M
Horrible, don't but it...what a waste of money ;-)
This guy is a genious. His stuff is great not always that simple however.

I have a lot of his effects. Great stuff
I watched Dani perform Triple Intuition at a lecture a few months ago. As he is going through the elimination procedure with the last card, when he reaches the point just before the last card is revealed, you are saying to yourself, "THERE IS NO WAY!"....but Dani does it anyway. It was simply astounding. I don't care if it takes 3 gimmicked decks, it is a reputation maker.
Well, there goes more of my hard earned money.
I have watched both trailers - am I right in thinking that the extra card now supplied makes the CAAN effect possible and so the trailer on the Penguin site is correct, or have Penguin accidentally put up the wrong trailer?
I received and watched this today, and thought I’d post to clear up any confusion/questions. While I had bought this from Dani’s lecture in the past, I was interested in having video instruction for the main Triple Intuition effect, as well as seeing the other material that he added to the DVD that can be done with the deck. I figured there were bound to be some cool extra tips & tricks that I wasn’t aware of, especially in the timing and presentation department.

I have one major disappointment here - there is no video instruction of the methods. There are video performances, and the instructions are provided as a written PDF file with photos. Being that I already had written instructions for the main effect and one of my big reasons for making the purchase was actual video instruction, I’m definitely not thrilled. I think it’s pretty safe for any customer to assume that a DVD will have the performances and explanations in video format unless otherwise noted. If it’s done in a different manner, it should be made very clear from the start what you’re getting.

The PDF title page is written as “Triple Intuition Plus”, and while I haven’t compared the writeup to my original purchase, it looks like they’re the exact same written instructions from the main effect, now with explanations added for the new routines.

I received a Red Bicycle version of the deck with my DVD - I don’t know if they’re all like this, or if it’s a random mix of Red/Blue. The one I got from Dani’s original release was blue, as I believe he prefers to use a blue deck.

The DVD does include 3 routines - the classic Triple Intuition with 3 selections, as well as “Thought of Intuition” and “Intuition at a Number”. So the CAAN in the online demo IS on the project, but it is not the primary effect.

I’ve already stated earlier that the main routine is fabulous, and for me it’s worth the price of entry alone. Definitely a reputation-maker and very easy to do.

The other 2 effects are good, but I don’t enjoy them as much as the original routine. The “Thought of Intuition” has a spectator gradually eliminating cards (free choice of elimination) only to end up with only his thought-of selection remaining.

The CAAN is very fair and direct - there are some small pieces missing from the online demo, but I believe that’s for time, and not to be deceptive. You can absolutely use this in the real world and perform it the way Dani does on the preview. The beginning process involves a spectator thinking of a card, and the deck is randomized by giving your spectators each a portion of the deck to shuffle. The separate packets are then reassembled at random to bring the deck back together - proving beyond a doubt that it’s not in any particular order. While I personally prefer other ACAAN methods (and we all know there are many) this one is very fair and clean in terms of the card choice, number choice, randomization of the deck, and final reveal.

None of the routines is all that hard, thanks to the nature of the included deck. This one is more about performance style than technical ability, and it’s up to you to really sell it and make it hit your audiences hard. Dani is of course worth studying (check out his other releases) in terms of delivering a terrific performance.

If you have never purchased Triple Intuition before, I would certainly recommend picking this up, if you don’t mind having a video performance with written explanations. If you already have the basic release, or hate learning from written instructions, then I’d suggest passing on it.

Kevin
If you want a performance and explanation on video, I belive these are shown on his utopia dvds
I see that the effect "Triple Intuition" is on the "Utopia" DVD set, but is the effect that is shown on the Penguin magic site (The one where one participant names a number and the other names a card) is also on the "Utopia" DVD set?
KJ
Can the speciel deck easily be made up in Tally Ho by a card maker?
So hang on, you get a dvd with a pdf on it??? so is there any performance of this effect on the dvd at all?
You get a DVD with several performances plus a PDF on it with explanations. I like this package. You can make up the deck by yourself. Jan
I got the download from Dani's site only 12 Euro's a bargain compared to the Dvd version !
[quote]
On 2013-05-19 13:01, Cardmagicdavid wrote:
I got the download from Dani's site only 12 Euro's a bargain compared to the Dvd version !
[/quote]

That is true, I got one from him when he first brought it out at his lectures. I love the fact its fairly simple to just make up your own version with any back design you would like.

I use it in Parlor usually.
Terrific DVD! Original and amazing -- the pattern is annoying, but the performance is magical. Nat

On 2013-05-14 23:45, John C wrote:
This guy is a genious. His stuff is great not always that simple however.

I have a lot of his effects. Great stuff
[/quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Do you have a url for his site? I couldn't find it. Thanks!
[quote]
On 2013-05-22 19:02, rosariorose9 wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Do you have a url for his site? I couldn't find it. Thanks!
[/quote]

http://www.grupokaps.com/kapsstore/producto.php?id=47&categoria=Descargas
Dani's personal site: http://www.danidaortiz.com
Hey there everyone, This is David Peters, I work at Murphy's Magic Supplies. I see there is come that are confused. the demo trailer that is listed on this item is from the dvd. Dani has several routines on this dvd. Now, here comes the great news!!!! for anyone that buys this from a Murphy's Authorized Dealer will now have access to an explanation VIDEO in Spoken English!!! and we are posting the orininal routine (Spanish with English subtitles) on our site (dealers should have this on their too) This is a great trick for sure and thanks for your support!
Ok, I just got this. Let me say this first, I LOVE THIS GUY! - Dani. He's awesome. I own three or four of his items including the card fan force that comes with the current issue of Genii. He's BRILLIANT and an engaging performer.

Now on to the other stuff. On the DVD case of TRIPLE INTUITION it states:

90% HANDS OFF MAGIC, (simply not true)
NO SPECIAL SKILL REQUIRED (again, not really)
SPECIAL DECK DOES ALL THE WORK (FAR FROM IT)

Again, this is a terrifc set of routines if you can pull them off.

There is a special deck, but it DOES NOT DO ALL THE WORK! Instead of me going on about this let me just say to you, watch the videos that are online and at penguin and perhaps Murphys, you will notice Dani is doing a lot of work: shuffle, having others shuffle, managing cards etc. Is that really 90% hands off magic? He's handling the cards over 90% of the time. Believe me HE'S WORKING.

Look, I really meant what I said about Dani and I don't even want my money back. I buy most of his stuff just to see how the heck he does it.

But when this particular product stated 90% HANDS OFF AND SPECIAL DECK DOES ALL THE WORK. I thought, "Man, this is something of his I just may be able to pull off." And I suppose one of the effects I will take a stab at is TRIPLE INTUITION. It's the simplest one in the group.

Just let me leave you with this, THERE IS SPECIAL SKILL REQUIRED! May not be slieghts but SKILL.

God Bless you Dani!! You're the man!!

J
I think it just gets tiresome with sometimes exaggerated claims.

ID is 100% hands off and nearly self working - so is a MD - so is Get Sharky etc.

This may be an amazing effect by one of our most treasured performers but why the need to stretch the facts? Enough already
Did anyone ever explain why the video is not the classic Triple Intuition, where 3 spectators find their cards?

The classic Triple Intuition is pretty darn easy to do, there are no sleights really, you have to manage the deck.
[quote]
On 2013-05-24 11:58, saysold1 wrote:
I think it just gets tiresome with sometimes exaggerated claims.

ID is 100% hands off and nearly self working - so is a MD - so is Get Sharky etc.

This may be an amazing effect by one of our most treasured performers but why the need to stretch the facts? Enough already
[/quote]

saysold1, very well said!

John C, thanks for getting this and the review. The trailer and ad stating "90% hands-off magic, No special skill required, Special deck does all the work for you" is what made me fooled by it and interested.

I'm sure many performers can make this into a showpiece, and I LOVE to practice, but I'm not as excited by it as I was. I'm sure it would be great to see Dani's thinking and there is great value in that, but I'm passing.
Yes you have to manage deck and not 90% hands off. More like hands on.

Most respect to Dani. I don't know if he does the marketing.

J
You can also find his triple intuition on his Utopia DVD's. These DVD's are a must purchase for card magicians!
Thanks, Cardmagicdavid and Zombie Magic. Much appreciated!
[quote]
On 2013-05-25 03:27, ELDEMONIO wrote:
You can also find his triple intuition on his Utopia DVD's. These DVD's are a must purchase for card magicians!
[/quote]

I don't think it's the same effect?
Same name, different effect. ..
I bought the DVD and the deck by Alakazam UK. Where can I find the video with the explanation in spoken English ?

Thanks
The explanation is on the DVD on PDF. It was on mine anyway.
[quote]
On 2013-05-26 08:25, civins wrote:
I don't think it's the same effect?
Same name, different effect. ..
[/quote]

I agree this is all very confusing. The video is... another trick performed with the TI deck?

This is why people on this thread are confused over how hard this is to perform.

Look at the video. What is "triple" about that trick? All unfortunate, the real TI is one of my favorite tricks!
[quote]
On 2013-05-26 23:10, John C wrote:
The explanation is on the DVD on PDF. It was on mine anyway.
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply but the member davidpeters is referring to a VIDEO, not the PDF.

Regards
Hi Guys,

Just had a chance to play around with this and its great and suits my style perfectly. I do believe it IS 90% hands off after the original selection and replacement. This is not for the table hopper but ideal for small groups , a party or a one off performance show. It is not for the beginner and will need a bit of skill and audience management to execute properly. I will take the cards out face up and spread them in the hands before I start to dispel any spectator thoughts of a gimmicked deck.

Just one query there seems to be some discrepency on the pdf as the set up adds up to 51 cards and you end up with an odd card. Has anyone else found this. PM me if you have an answer.

Barry
I'm a little bit confused.. Is this the same trick/deck that is explained on Utopia DVDs or not?
Is it worth getting if one have Utopia?
Ok lets clear this up once and for all. Its the identical trick that's on Utopia . The stand alone version has the benefits of 3 English performances , the deck and a pdf instructions. No video explanation which is on Utopia.

Barry
The original triple intuition effect is performed and explained on Utopia dvd one of his set including the set up of the deck etc...It's the last trick explained so not that hard to find

What's added since Utopia?
Utopia only includes the original Triple Intuition effect with three selections. This updated standalone product includes 3 effects:-

The Triple Intuition: The classic trick of Dani DaOrtiz which gave name to this set, where three spectators with truly free choice, deal cards one at a time to the table stopping before looking and without any coherent explanation at the card that each of them thought of.

The thought of Intuition: From all the deck, a spectator begins to discard cards by groups, packets or one by one, until finally they are left with one. This card is the one that was thought of and never named by another spectator.

Intuition at a number: A spectator thinks of a card. Everyone shuffles the deck. Another spectator names a position from 1 � 52. They count one by one till they arrive at the chosen position. The thought of card, named for the first time coincides with the corresponding card at the chosen position. ( this is the demo attached to most sites)

I remember paying 25 pounds at Dani's lecture a year ago for the pdf only and deck. Something that hasn't quite been mentioned on this thread is that the pdf is clear and concise and explains each effort in great detail, there is no confusion with learning it from the pdf. You don't get the nuances on spectator management etc and to be fair, he doesn't need to, if you wanna immerse yourself in Dani's mananger techniques then get his dvds.

I love Dani's work, I going to by some of his spanish ebooks soon ( I don't even speak spanish!!!) and will translate them via google translator page by page...that's how much I respect his work and contributions....20 years ago before google, I would have probably learnt spanish just to read his work...
Just to re-post for those that haven't gone through the whole thread :-

[quote]
On 2013-05-23 16:06, davidpeters wrote:
Hey there everyone, This is David Peters, I work at Murphy's Magic Supplies. I see there is come that are confused. the demo trailer that is listed on this item is from the dvd. Dani has several routines on this dvd. Now, here comes the great news!!!! for anyone that buys this from a Murphy's Authorized Dealer will now have access to an explanation VIDEO in Spoken English!!! and we are posting the orininal routine (Spanish with English subtitles) on our site (dealers should have this on their too) This is a great trick for sure and thanks for your support!
[/quote]
Thanks very much guys for your words! I can watch a lot of friends here!

I put the original version of Triple Intuition in youtube.

you can watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3YRRnB7m8I&feature=youtu.be

I hope you like!
Thanks again!
Dani DaOrtiz is in the house …!! Woop, woop! Great effect, worth the extra deck( and space needed)
for a killer ending to a set.
[quote]
On 2013-06-05 15:47, daortiz wrote:
Thanks very much guys for your words! I can watch a lot of friends here!

I put the original version of Triple Intuition in youtube.

you can watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3YRRnB7m8I&feature=youtu.be

I hope you like!
Thanks again!
[/quote]

Bienvenido Dani ;)
I don't normally do card tricks, but I LOVE this one it kills!
Great trick, great presentation and bags of personality from Dani DaOrtiz.
Thanks my friends! I am very happy ;)
Intuition at a number: A spectator thinks of a card. Everyone shuffles the deck. Another spectator names a position from 1 � 52. They count one by one till they arrive at the chosen position. The thought of card, named for the first time coincides with the corresponding card at the chosen position. ( this is the demo attached to most sites)

is this explanation on his utopia dvds?
Really nice effect and great performance as per usual from Dani. But could/would we be able to perform this as dani does or would we need a Dani Daortiz type style to execute it in the same way as Dani does.

Graham
[quote]On Jul 28, 2017, gtx magic wrote:
Really nice effect and great performance as per usual from Dani. But could/would we be able to perform this as dani does or would we need a Dani Daortiz type style to execute it in the same way as Dani does.

Graham [/quote]

It's a very simple routine to perform. To make it entertaining is up to you. Technically though, it is very easy.
Looking the demo this looks terrific and I love daortiz style..... but I know that the skill level required can be different from trick to trick so I wonder what's the skill level required for this trick??? Is the gimmick something needed or a simple stack???
I don't have a particular high skill level with cards - but I can do it.
You need to be confident with handling a deck of cards and confident with handling three spectators.
This effect is insane....easy to do but blows away spectators.
Highly recommend!!!!!
I hope someone can tell Dani that people would like to see a video explanation of his Intuition at a Number that's only explained as a pdf on this project...even in the pdf it says its confusing....