(Close Window)
Topic: Red Bikes or Blue Bikes Better?
In protest.
Good, noncontroversial topic. Red, thanks.
Red.

But I'm using blue right now.

:bat:
Black is beautiful, baby.

Re: cards, I use both red and blue.
I like red myself but I use both.
You cant really write on blue, so red for me.
[quote]
On 2013-05-22 19:50, LobowolfXXX wrote:
[/quote]
Exactly. I think there'll be a lot of click-throughs on this one. Never did like being a content provider anyway.
[quote]
[/quote]

Do conservatives or liberals use red more than blue or is the other way around. Just kidding. :)
On this one, landmark, I am with you by Senator McGovern's proverbial 1,000 percent. But at the risk of derailing this fascinating thread: Red Bikes. Blue Tallys with the circle back, red with the fan back. Blue Phoenixes. Red 505s. Blue League Backs.
It's a good thing we've done, Anthony, talking about red and blue bikes. It's a REAL GOOD thing.
I like red Bee decks.
I stick to red Bikes because black Sharpie marker shows up better and I do several effects that require signatures.
I go through more cards than most. At Schuliens we used the under a buck a deck Streamlines. Whichever was next in the pille.

Since USPCC took over the brand I use Bicycles. Whichever is next on the pile. Unfortunately I am not skilled enough to have a preference.

As for signatures I invariably have them sign the face of th card so color is not relevant.
Funny story. (It HAS to be with that build up!)

I worked at Magic Inc. for 10 years. My wife's and I went back to sell Jay once when we were in Chicago. I had told my wife for years how people would ask the "can you do that with a recording d deck" question when you did a trick with a blue deck. There was a lecture that day and we popped in and someone asked the afformentioned question. Her jaw dropped. She always thought I was joking!
[quote]
On 2013-05-22 23:30, LobowolfXXX wrote:
It's a good thing we've done, Anthony, talking about red and blue bikes. It's a REAL GOOD thing.
[/quote]

Maybe we'll find red and blue bikes in the cornfield, which is where they belong.

It's a very good thing, indeed!

:bat:
Well I would say it depends on the situation, at least for me. Generally speaking, I prefer Blue backed cards.
My reasoning is because something as simple as a color change (Blue to Red) looks better. The red really shines against the dark blue cards.

However, if I know I'll be doing an effect where the back of the card (for whatever reason) is going to be signed or initialed, I'll go ahead and use red just because the signature shows up better on the red background.

Concerning brands, I normally use Bicycle Rider Backs, only because they are so well known to audiences, at least here in California.
However, when I'm sessioning with the guys, I tend to lean towards Tally-Ho or League Backs.
[quote]
On 2013-05-22 22:11, acesover wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Do conservatives or liberals use red more than blue or is the other way around. Just kidding. :)
[/quote]

Every election, the map shows which party prefers which color Bikes. They put it up on a big map of all the states. :)
My bike is purple and gold.
Red & blue are simply out of date.
It would depend on the color of the close-up surface being used. I wouldn't use, for example, blue backed cards on a blue or black close-up mat since red would present a more dramatic and visually appealing contrast.
My bike happens to be matte black, because matte black is blacker than black.
Maybe someone will offer "Rothko" and "Reinhardt" style black on black cards, the backs, the faces, and the pips will all be (different shades of) black on black.
I prefer red bikes

~Tyler :bikes:
I only use red bikes, but I live in a blue state.
NYC uses blue bikes...
Tallys were a New York brand before USPCC acquired it.
I prefer blue, they're easier on the eyes.
Should girls kiss on the first date?
Don't get us deleted. Red bikes.
I'm going to throw caution to the winds, even if it means getting deleted:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=59138&forum=2&51
[quote]
On 2013-05-23 05:27, Dannydoyle wrote:
Funny story. (It HAS to be with that build up!)

I worked at Magic Inc. for 10 years. My wife's and I went back to sell Jay once when we were in Chicago. I had told my wife for years how people would ask the "can you do that with a recording d deck" question when you did a trick with a blue deck. There was a lecture that day and we popped in and someone asked the afformentioned question. Her jaw dropped. She always thought I was joking!
[/quote]

What is a recording d deck?
Recording d deck = red deck, smartphone keyboard prediction out of control.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqQrkzZu148
Man, thought we lost another one when this was pushed to the top!
Heh, heh, heh. Sleep, my child, sleep.
Do you call them hot dogs, franks, or sausages?
Hot dogs. Or just plain dogs.
You sure you don't call them something else? Suddenly your German is all disappeared, eh? **wink, wink, nudge, nudge**
Maybe with a benign smile, I might look down at my little [i]wurstchen[/i] on the grill, but usually hot dogs is good enough.

On the subject of hot dogs, I have recently noticed that for the first time I can remember, there are actually bakeries that are now packaging hot dog buns in packages that contain the same number of buns as there are in a package of franks.
I don't really have any specific preference really most of the bikes I get are red but a lot of times that's just how they come in a brick of 9. so that said I'm most likely to preform with reds because due to tricks like card stabbing or torched and restored getting cards signed and mercury folding reds are pretty much what I consider my most disposable.
I rarely heard anyone refer to Bicycle cards as "bikes" until the advent of public Internet magic forums. Thus, when someone uses the term I can usually guess pretty accurately how and when he got into magic.

Red is better, though. It's harder to see initials written on blue backs.

But, as a mentalist, as well as for many magicians, the BEST cards to use are borrowed ones. After that are decks that you give away after you're finished performing with them.
I'm trying hard to be straight man here, and no one bites, so to speak. I should have surreptitiously texted this while the wife wasn't watching?
I know that Landmark. But your OP accidentally morphed into an actual discussion! But maybe we should quit the serious discussion before a mod decides to move this to the Workers forum where all of the irony will be lost.

:eek:
Anybody have quotations, or misquotations even, on the matter?
Red bikes at night, magic delight; Blue bikes in the morning, everyone's yawning?
Wait--they got the misquotes too?! What are they puttin' in the waffles? Someone's got too much energy this evening.
Navy blue close up pad or black?
Why didn't you include a red choice?
Exactly what are you trying to say Jack?
I'm now officially in my Satchel Paige mode and will endeavor nevermore to "angry up the blood." You'll find me in my rocking chair there on the front porch, down the road a piece. ...Yup, train's coming through, any day now, annnnnny day. Nice haircut you got there, son.
[youtube]EX5phFmbrU8[/youtube]
Purrty soon, the june bugs gonna be bitin'. Not long now. Coupla months. Five, six. Nice haircut you got there, son. Did I tell you the train's comin' by real soon?
Personally I like those black bikes that Walgreens sells but no one ever mentions.
If I am at Walgreens, I get their Stud brand cards now that they are back.

Red.
Do like Dr. Bob said: get a red and a blue deck and keep them in the bag with the ticket stapled to it. Bring it out to do a two card effect. 'course you can fool with them then reseal the cellophane.