(Close Window)
Topic: First time out
Hello all , I had my first street busking day. I'm real happy I did it. I did 8 15 min shows and made $197. I am very happy for that. I had a goal of $200 but came veryyyyy close. I still have a longggggggggggg way to go becuase it was along day. I have another day tomorrow with suppose to be nicer weather. I'm only doing half a day so hope for the best.
Thanks and have good weekend
Joe
It sound like "youse done good"!!!

You did 8 15 minute shows. How long were you "out there" (on the street)?
Congratulations!
Where do you perform?
Something that I have realised and I think you might already know. Just keep doing exactly what you did keep going. don't look for newer better tricks or radicly change things. Yes you will re gig a bit I switched the order of two tricks early on and added a few new line. I also worked long and hard on hat line.

So you know you routine works. It be great to track of your takens. I can now make more in a hour on a poor day then I did on a good day 18 months ago. With the same tricks but a whole diffrent patter routine and a lot better pace.

Have fun well done and keep at it
HOLY CRAP!! You worked a total of 120 minutes, 2 hours, and made $98.50 an hour! How many wage slaves can do that!!
Hi Joe What tricks did you do Bud ...............good Luck on the streets Mike
Message: Posted by: The Great Zoobini (May 26, 2013 10:34PM)
A guy in Canada was successful his first time out making $10.
He said, "That's it! I'll never work a straight job again."
G'day Joe
Congratulations - I am glad you were happy with your first day out.
Please keep us informed on your progress.
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Hey guys thanks for all the good feadback!!!!
Tricks I did
intro with two kids, one holding a cardboard sign that says magic show another with a hard magic wand. As a did a balloon swallow I pointed at magic wand kid and he hit a nise maker with wand, I then point to sign kid and he holds up above his head. It seemed to start good.
two card tricks
A version of Steve VBargetze sponge ball
Version of lemon game.
I liked the effects Im just going to tweak them for this weekend. When I did my first street festival it was in corning NY
Talk to you all soon
Congratulations MagicJoe!!! What a way to start your street busking adventures. You should really feel good about it. Just think, next time will be even easier.

Mark. :thumbsup: