(Close Window)
Topic: As Seen On TV Pocket Hose...BUYER BEWARE
The one Richard Karn ( Al from Home Improvement ) endorses ( OK, he's a paid spokesperson;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2t3WvtAovs

DO NOT BUY IT!

I went through 2 of them. Within minutes of use they leak...BADLY. On my 2nd return, I was told they are all defective.

Too bad, because they work exactly as they do on the commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JKXUjbsUmc
Zombie, where did your hose leak? I bought one at Wal Mart the other day, but have yet to hook it up.
Michael Baker, at the male end. It "seems" ok if you don't hook up a spray nozzle to it. Not sure how long it will last if you don't hook up a nozzle.

I like the light weight, so I may try a repair stem and clamp.
Mom has one and loves it...no problems for a couple of months.
The review on Amazon are all the same about the leaking:

http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Hose-25-Foot/product-reviews/B00AKFIABG
Well, I guess I'll leave it in the package and get my 20 bucks back.
I was at a store looking at this the other day and a guy walked by. He stops, turns around and came back and said I should pass on this if I were thinking about getting it. He said he bought it and it broke within about 5 mins. The plastic connectors are really cheap and very brittle. He returned it for an exchange to try another one and, you guessed it, that one broke as well. He returned it and got his money back. Said he was just trying to save me, a total stranger, from the hassles he had with it.

His recommendation? Forget this thing, save myself the trouble he went through and get a regular, tried and true, garden hose for the same price!!

Caveat emptor....

Mark.
Just a thought... if the problem is with the connectors, I wonder if they can be replaced, as you can do with a regular hose? Is it the connectors that always break and leak, or does the hose itself fail?
My thought as well Michael. When they first came out I looked around and saw all the bad reviews about the connectors. That no one tried the obvious solution I assumed that the possibility wasn't there.
I have never had too much trouble with storing a hose in the first place.
[quote]
On 2013-06-10 13:02, Dannydoyle wrote:
[/quote]

...but it fits in your pocket!
[quote]
On 2013-06-10 12:36, Michael Baker wrote:
Just a thought... if the problem is with the connectors, I wonder if they can be replaced, as you can do with a regular hose? Is it the connectors that always break and leak, or does the hose itself fail?
[/quote]

It seems to break that the connection. I'm going to fix it like any other hose and see if that works.

It's so light weight. My wife LOVES to water the garden, fill the bird bath, etc. but the heavier hoses are too much with her issues. This one is PERFECT ( except for the leaking;-)
so I'm going to try and fix it.
[quote]
On 2013-06-10 14:04, silvercup wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That's not a hose in my pocket.
Dear Liza
[quote]
On 2013-06-10 18:35, mastermindreader wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea I had a few of those cued up but I am going with the following. Please let me know what you think.

"One hose in my pocket is enough."

There ya go.

I had thought of growing references but wanted it to be sophomore but not over the top.
With all the leaking these hoses cause, you'll need a Sham-wow to clean up the puddles of water!
[quote]
On 2013-06-11 00:58, hoodrat wrote:
With all the leaking these hoses cause, you'll need a Sham-wow to clean up the puddles of water!
[/quote]

Create the problem and provide a solution, BRILLIANT!
Mine works perfect.
[quote]
On 2013-06-10 18:35, mastermindreader wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess you're just happy to see me.
I took mine back and spent the refund money on paint. :) When I was returning it, the clerk asked me if there was something wrong, and I just explained that the reviews were bad and I'd rather cash out than open it and not be able to. She said a lot of them were coming back broken. Sounds like a huge fail for somebody.
Karn hawks the "Pocket Hose" , right? Someone set me straight here: Isn't there another similar hose in TV land that does the same thing? And is it also junk?
In fact, just how many different hoses are there on this bandwagon, now?

I remember when the "Tap Light" came out years ago. Wasn't long before we were seeing the "Touch Light" the "Clap Light" the well, you know the drill. One company invents a product and a hundred incarnations soon follow, each pretty much basically the same dumb thing, only they change the color, the shape or some other minor detail so they can claim originality and get in on the bandwagon and rake in some of the bucks.
[quote]
On 2013-06-12 10:14, daffydoug wrote:

I remember when the "Tap Light" came out years ago. Wasn't long before we were seeing the "Touch Light" the "Clap Light" the well, you know the drill. One company invents a product and a hundred incarnations soon follow, each pretty much basically the same dumb thing, only they change the color, the shape or some other minor detail so they can claim originality and get in on the bandwagon and rake in some of the bucks.
[/quote]

What are asking us for?? We are a bunch of magicians. What do we know about knock-offs??
Ha ha!!
Why the surprise?

Everyone on this board (yes, you too) has been buying things since they were 7 -10 years old based soley on some flashy ad that promised the latest and greatest.

Think its going to stop now?
[quote]
On 2013-06-12 16:05, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Why the surprise?

Everyone on this board (yes, you too) has been buying things since they were 7 -10 years old based soley on some flashy ad that promised the latest and greatest.

Think its going to stop now?
[/quote]

This did have the 'As Seen On TV" seal of approval.
Message: Posted by: Daryl -the other brother (Jun 12, 2013 09:08PM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-12 16:05, Pecan_Creek wrote:

[/quote]

My first was x-ray glasses. LOL
Sea Monkeys.

Plus a whatever warbler.
Talking about Sea Monkeys and X Ray Glasses....

Great thread here

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=124484&forum=101

Here in UK we get adverts of the original(?) [url=http://www.officialxhose.co.uk/][b]X HOSE[/b][/url].

:kewl:
Me and my best friend pooled our money and got a Hypno Coin. Now what were 13 year old boys wanting a Hypno Coin for?
[quote]
On 2013-06-14 23:49, acesover wrote:
Me and my best friend pooled our money and got a Hypno Coin. Now what were 13 year old boys wanting a Hypno Coin for?
[/quote]

Conquering the world, obviously.
[quote]
On 2013-06-15 11:05, Michael Baker wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-06-14 23:49, acesover wrote:
[/quote]

Conquering the world, obviously.
[/quote]

That too.

Obviously it never worked. But I can say we got our moneys worth fooling around with it. ha, ha. :)