(Close Window)
Topic: Spy Proof Mentalism
Last December I posted an idea for using a Tin Can Phone to lead into a telepathy demonstration.

SInce NSA could not tap into such a link it might have some increased relevance/popularity as an approach today

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?forum=15

Of greater interest might me concerns/fears over "real telepathy:"

do you want your secret thoughts available to anyone?

can you learn to shield your thoughts?

is telepathy common except that everyone shields themselves? Is a demonstration just training/conditions in which a shield is dropped a bit?

the point is that a MEntalist may be able to use the revelations of the "lack of privacy" of CellPhone/Internet communications as part of a presentation to justify "special conditions" under which mind-reading can work.

"I am going to use colored cards so that you can focus on a limited number of objects and keep your protective shield in place in case the NSA is listening in."
Intriguing premise. Thanks. There's definitely a way to use it, from a gag, to the premise of an effect, to, perhaps even, a piece of character history (I used to work for the NSA until they discovered I was spying on [i]them[/i]...).
Actually while in the Army Security Agency during Viet Nam my orders did come from NSA rather than Dept of Army.

My Security Level kept me from visiting eight countries for ten years after I got out, and I had to notify NSA if I was to go under anesthesia for 20 years.

So, I do find the current news amusing. Obama is just the first President to admit how the NSA spies on communication.

None the less, folks should be careful about what they say and don't want "shared around."

What a world it would be if no one said anything on the Internet they wouldn't say to a person's face!

Alternately, maybe folks prefer a cell-Phone because they believe telepathy is real, i.e. they will be caught in their lies face-to-face.

Lot's of themes for a Mentalist.