(Close Window)
Topic: What If Harry Potter Is Real?
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/20-completely-ridiculous-college-courses-being-offered-at-u-s-universities
At the University of Oslo , Norway there is actually possible to study Tupac as a subject... Though I would prefer Harry Potter, I guess.
Do you prefer the real world or this one?
Most of those look like legitimate classes, with the course name (and theme) designed to make it more appealing. Would you rather take a course called "Physics 102" or "The Science of Superheroes" (I actually have the book that professor wrote that's based around that class. It's a very good read, and educational, too, believe it or not.)

The classes aren't the issue- they actually let students see how the subjects they're studying have an immediate effect in the real world, using examples they're interested in. The real problem is, as the article states, student loans. The cost of education is spiraling out of control. If I can borrow tommy's tin foil hat, I'll suggest that there probably are certain groups who want to keep higher education out of the reach of many people- knowledge is power, after all, and an uneducated populace is easier to manipulate.
"What If Harry Potter Is Real?"

"GaGa for Gaga: Sex, Gender, and Identity"

"Lady Gaga and the Sociology of Fame"

Etc:

“Using examples they're interested in.”

What does that tell you about the general public, eh?

"Arguing with Judge Judy" :)
Harry Potter?

What about theology?
Harry Potter is God?
[quote]
On 2013-06-11 18:40, tommy wrote:
Harry Potter is God?
[/quote]

To some, maybe....

Better than Xenu or Zeus. ;)
Really looking forward to seeing The Man Of Steel when I go to Heaven.
[quote]
On 2013-06-11 18:58, tommy wrote:
Really looking forward to seeing The Man Of Steel when I go to Heaven.
[/quote]

Or just wait till this Saturday dude... ;)

I'm sure you'll be ok till then.
In "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Century 2009" Alan Moore made Potter the AntiChrist 666.
If anyone remembers 'The Worst Witch', which were a series of children's books published many years ago, then, like me, they may feel that J. K. Rowlings owes a debt of gratitude, and possibly a generous donation to the wonderful Jill Murphy.

Tommy, I've never lived in the real world: what's it like?
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jun 12, 2013 08:47PM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-12 19:55, Steve_Mollett wrote:
In "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Century 2009" Alan Moore made Potter the AntiChrist 666.
[/quote]

Not sure about that. The boy who lived to destroy hogwarts seemed more miserable and confused than having any interest in leading others away from Christ. IMHO it's the Mary Poppins character who might be a major threat.
Mary Poppins? I met her at the crossroads, Jonathan. Very charming lady, she was, full of self confidence.