(Close Window)
Topic: Mind Buster vs Mind Pad
Message: Posted by: magicmarkie (Jun 12, 2013 09:03AM)
Please PM me if you have had experiences of both pads and what you think of each product and its pro's and cons I need some help here guys.

Kind Regards,

Markie
Message: Posted by: richard_mentalism (Jun 13, 2013 05:26AM)
I am using Labco MB regularly and it is wonderful. Not any problem.
I do not know Mind Pad.
Message: Posted by: parmenion (Jun 13, 2013 07:32AM)
I am using Hugo Shelley Mind pad regularly and it is wonderful. Not any problem.
I do not know Labco MB Pad.
Message: Posted by: JanForster (Jun 13, 2013 11:32AM)
I use both unless I really read minds what I do most of the time. Parmenion I got what you thought, but I don't care. Jan
Message: Posted by: Circusman (Jun 13, 2013 12:33PM)
Bad experience with Labco Mindbus**r.
Comp useless after very short use.
I'm now looking at purchasing Mind Pad - Good reviews on it.
Message: Posted by: David Thiel (Jun 13, 2013 04:13PM)
I remember your posts Circusman. I have to say I've never had a breath of problem with mine -- which I'm sure is of no comfort to you at all. Did LabC* do nothing to help you with this?

David
Message: Posted by: Circusman (Jun 14, 2013 08:54AM)
Hi David,

In short "Nothing"

I'm now looking at the Mind Pad 2 reviews with a view to buying one and, in particular, the customer care.

Glad to hear you've been doing well with your MB - Guess I'm just unlucky. When it worked it was good.

Thanks & Good luck !

Bobby.
Message: Posted by: elierfr (Jul 20, 2013 11:20AM)
I think you can find an android phone which fit in a deck of card...
So which one is better ?
More solid ?
The app of mind pad 2 seems to be better...
And it seems to be more solid ? perhaps it is not true... I don't know ?
Message: Posted by: ssucahyo (Sep 12, 2013 12:22AM)
I am using Mind Pad, it s work like real magic.
Message: Posted by: TheAmazingSteveo (Sep 13, 2013 05:10AM)
My preference is Mindbuster Pocket by LabcoMagic.

I have owned Mind Pad but I really like the very small dedicated receiver of MindBuster Pocket.
Message: Posted by: illusions & reality (Sep 13, 2013 04:40PM)
I own the Mindbuster Exclusive, but I also purchased the iphone repeater box. I have the image sent to both the dedicated receiver and my iPad at the same time. My older eyes need the bigger image!

Lou
Message: Posted by: websmith2000 (Jan 26, 2014 01:58PM)
I'm with you on the vision thing. My close vision used to be great, then I got cataract surgery - awesome for distance but up close - yikes!
Message: Posted by: Kroots (Jan 28, 2014 03:04AM)
I'm the same with my vision - unfortunately I've had bad sight since an early age and have often found that I need a good look at the Labco receiver to get what I need, especially with words.

I do like the look of the Mind Pad which seems to have more functionality than the mind buster. Althought it's only a matter of time before Labco up the game.
Message: Posted by: VIEW (Jan 28, 2014 04:25AM)
Nothing is better than a dedicated receiver.
Message: Posted by: Kaarlo von Freymann (Feb 6, 2014 09:42AM)
As I have posted before I have the Mind Pad with a dedicated receiver and the system worked quite well for about a year. Now I have a problem and Hugo Shelley does not reply mails. It is a bit "deja vue" to to be set back to the times Fabrice could not be reached. Does anyone know how to approach Hugo successfully, my mails bounce. His inbox filter seems to be set to treat at least my mails as spam. Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Message: Posted by: eric50 (Feb 7, 2014 08:29AM)
I Have the Labco Mindbuster pocket with the new style pen and it is very reliable. I use it with the dedicated receiver. As for the service Soren is one of the best guys in the business. Can't vouch for Hugo Shelly never had any dealings with him.
Message: Posted by: Kaarlo von Freymann (Feb 7, 2014 12:57PM)
Quote:"I Have the Labco Mindbuster pocket with the new style pen and it is very reliable. I use it with the dedicated receiver. As for the service Soren is one of the best guys in the business. Can't vouch for Hugo Shelly never had any dealings with him."

Hi Eric,

I very much agree with you that Soren of Labco fame is tops both as to products and customer service, and I love to say that as he is Scandinavian just like myself. But we must be aware of the fact that the life span of any prop in this special category has a limited life expectancy. A friend of mine and myself have some Labco Products which Soren cannot service any longer either because the parts originally used are no longer available, (which in our cases is less probable) but because the amount of work fixing the props is out of proportion compared what you than get back. Admittedly these props are 10 years old. Some people here on the forum correctly point out that this category of prop is always risky and say they will not use any e.......cs.
I do, but whenever I have a problem I say to myself: a book test will never stop functioning nor will a prop like Dean's Box. Amazingly I have 4 of Craig's dies and they keep working year after year and so do Cesaral props, so it's a mixed bag. The difference is, Soren will immediately mail you "I am so sorry, can't help you with that prop anymore..." whereas its seems some other vendors/inventors adjust their spam filter to filter out any mail that does not have "Re: Order" on the heading. I have received a mail from Magic Tricks that my issue will be dealt with. But so far no help whatsoever.
Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Message: Posted by: twistedace (Feb 8, 2014 08:10AM)
Can someone PM me and tell me the advantages of one of these pads over the Butterfly?
Message: Posted by: JanForster (Feb 8, 2014 10:08AM)
You can not compare at all... Delayed vs. real time is just one difference. Both have their merits, but everything depends on which routine you are doing or planing. Jan
Message: Posted by: CesaralM (Feb 8, 2014 01:15PM)
During 2014 I expect to release something very special....too special...

this new release will change the way that we deal with these kind of mental board tools.

This is all that I can say for now :)

I hope this helps!

Cesar Alonso (Cesaral Magic)
http://www.cesaral.com
Message: Posted by: Kaarlo von Freymann (Feb 8, 2014 06:52PM)
Quote: "During 2014 I expect to release something very special."

AND THEN WE KNOW IN CASE WE WILL EVER HAVE A PROBLEM YOU WILL TAKE CARE OF THAT IMMEDIATELY LIKE YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE.

All those who have been buying your outstanding creations know that, and those who have not should know they can buy anything from you
in complete confidence.

I have problems getting service for my 12 year old British Range Rover and 2 year old British Mind Pad but no problems whatsoever getting
service for my 22 year old Mercedes and my Cesaral props. (Don't get that wrong, I am not anti-British. A British officer saved my life. He risked getting into serious trouble by refusing to follow orders to hand me over to the Soviets)

Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Message: Posted by: shelley1508 (Feb 10, 2014 05:05PM)
As Kaarlo mentioned, his emails weren't making it through to us. But we're now in touch.
Message: Posted by: Chaz93 (Feb 10, 2014 05:06PM)
Why do we have inner thoughts again?
Message: Posted by: Kaarlo von Freymann (Feb 11, 2014 05:56PM)
Hi Chaz93,

"Why do we have inner thoughts again?" You are 100 % right. This discussion really should not have been on "Pennylane". You expressed your correct observation in such a sophisticated way that I had to re-read your 7 words several times before it dawned on me what you meant. Maybe the only explanation is those who wanted advice do not yet have access to inner thoughts.

But I am so glad to let everybody know Hugo contacted me and is helping me that I must put at least that on this thread because otherwise it would be out of context.

Hi View,
" Nothing is better than a dedicated receiver." I did not have to re-read that several times: I could not agree more. The Mind Pad dedicated receiver fits nicely into a card box, and what is more natural for us to carry than a card box ? As I and the people I perform for see it a polite person puts his i-Phone away when among other people, so a card box seems more natural to me. Many people already also know the i-Phone can perform unbelievably strange things. My friends i-Pad was stolen. He could delete everything on it, make it unusable and even tell the police where to look for it, and all that using his i-phone. His wife said "that really scares me, does it also read my thoughts ?"

Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Message: Posted by: Chaz93 (Feb 11, 2014 06:20PM)
Apparently you still missed what I was getting at.

Talking about methods or devices by name, or discussing how they work should be done in inner thoughts, not on a google searchable forum. Have some respect for the art and your fellow performers.

This topic should be moved downstairs.
Message: Posted by: SH (Feb 27, 2014 06:28AM)
[quote]
On Jun 13, 2013, Circusman wrote:
Bad experience with Labco Mindbus**r.
Comp useless after very short use.
I'm now looking at purchasing Mind Pad - Good reviews on it.
[/quote]

We actually have a great customer service and always help when a customer have a problem.
Did you email me about the problems ?

All the best
Soren
www.labcomagic.com
Message: Posted by: Circusman (Feb 28, 2014 01:44PM)
[quote]
On Feb 27, 2014, SH wrote:
[quote]
On Jun 13, 2013, Circusman wrote:
Bad experience with Labco Mindbus**r.
Comp useless after very short use.
I'm now looking at purchasing Mind Pad - Good reviews on it.
[/quote]

We actually have a great customer service and always help when a customer have a problem.
Did you email me about the problems ?

All the best
Soren
www.labcomagic.com
[/quote]


Hi,

Yes I did - and you answered ONE email, but that was as far as it went.

Sorry, but it has been a very long time now, and I have yet to see any evidence of "Great customer service" .

Not in my case it wasn't, and I have no reason to believe that things are going to change.


Bobby.
Message: Posted by: SH (Feb 28, 2014 01:54PM)
HI Bobby

It is not easy if I do not know who you are ?

Which Mindbuster do you have ?

Refresh my mind and I will be there to help you.

All the best
Soren
Message: Posted by: Circusman (Feb 28, 2014 02:52PM)
Hi Soren,


O.k. My name is Bobby Thomson (Sittingbourne, U.K.).

The Mindbuster is the original A4 which I purchased from you complete with the GigaByte U60 UMPC.

In the first year it was only used a few times at home before the UMPC crashed during a performance (the first actual performance where it was to be used for the first time). I rectified this later by using the supplied USB stick.
At the next show it could not be used at all as the UMPC just continually re-booted itself rendering the USB stick useless as it could not be recognised with the UMPC having gone into suicide mode.
By now, the equipment was barely one year old with extremely little home use, and two non-starters in performance.

I sent you several emails, to which you replied to one which was more to praise the product than anything else. The others were never answered, and the Mindbuster was relegated to a drawer and has never seen daylight since. I do not know if the pen even works now.

Please be aware that I am not (and never have been) knocking the product which, when it did work, was everything I dreamed of.
But the customer service stinks !

My home address is : Bobby Thomson., 42, Peel Drive, Murston, Sittingbourne, Kent, England. ME10 3BX.


Bobby.
Message: Posted by: Circusman (Mar 2, 2014 07:07AM)
Hi, I'd just like all you folks to know that Soren has been in touch with me regarding the problems that I had with the Mindbuster.

The cause of this very long standing problem appears to have been that the whole thing was down to email communications not getting through.
The only emails these days that are GUARANTEED to get through is when the kids want money !!!

Now that I am fully aware of the situation with Soren, he has literally went up amongst the other 'Greats' in my estimation.

He has gone a long way to rectify the problem to my total satisfaction and appreciation, and I would not hesitate to deal with him in the future (if he will have me).

Thank you, Café members, for reading this.



Bobby.
Message: Posted by: JanForster (Mar 2, 2014 07:37AM)
Bobby, I know Soren a very long time and I would have wondered if it would not have been sorted out the way it did. There are very few who can compete with Soren regarding quality of products and customer care. Jan
Message: Posted by: David Thiel (Mar 2, 2014 08:29AM)
Very good to hear, Bobby. I was surprised to hear of your issues...but I am delighted things worked out. Posting this shows a real integrity on your part.

When my board failed, Soren Fed Exed me a new one at his own expense. I had it within two days.

David
Message: Posted by: saysold1 (Mar 2, 2014 06:32PM)
Soren is a heck of a nice person and has always been extremely responsive.

I have nothing but 5 star reviews for Labco - right up there with Craig at PM.

Soren also likes Swedish "Daim" brand chocolate candy, which for me is the TRUE test of a great and extremely talented person :-)
Message: Posted by: lunatik (Mar 2, 2014 11:29PM)
I'd like Soren to come out with a 3x3 pad :wow:
Message: Posted by: Looch (Mar 3, 2014 04:42AM)
[quote]
On Mar 2, 2014, JanForster wrote:
Bobby, I know Soren a very long time and I would have wondered if it would not have been sorted out the way it did. There are very few who can compete with Soren regarding quality of products and customer care. Jan
[/quote]

This

Soren is one of the few that I trust completely in this industry. I am glad it has been resolved :-)
Message: Posted by: Yano (Mar 3, 2014 09:51AM)
Anyone able to provide a rough list of benefits that the Mind buster pocket and Mind Pad 2 has?
Message: Posted by: mastermindreader (Mar 3, 2014 10:14AM)
[quote]
On Mar 3, 2014, Yano wrote:
Anyone able to provide a rough list of benefits that the Mind buster pocket and Mind Pad 2 has?
[/quote]

If anyone can I'd hope they'd do it in Inner Thoughts and not this publicly accessible area of the Café. How is it possible to discuss the benefits of one over the other without getting into exactly what these devices are used for?
Message: Posted by: Circusman (Mar 3, 2014 10:45AM)
[quote]
On Mar 3, 2014, looch wrote:
[quote]
On Mar 2, 2014, JanForster wrote:
Bobby, I know Soren a very long time and I would have wondered if it would not have been sorted out the way it did. There are very few who can compete with Soren regarding quality of products and customer care. Jan
[/quote]

This

Soren is one of the few that I trust completely in this industry. I am glad it has been resolved :-)
[/quote]

Thank you Looch, and all others who commented on this. I'm sure Soren will be pleased to see these comments also.

Bobby.
Message: Posted by: Kaarlo von Freymann (Mar 18, 2014 05:13PM)
I beg your pardon Hugo Shelley,

Some time ago I posted here about having had a problem with reaching you and a problem. I owe you an apology, even my case was a "mail-communications" problem as referred to in this thread. The situation is getting really bad with e-mail. I am getting extremely well forged phishing mails on a daily basis from friends listed in my address book, which here in little Finland is a new development. Their PC has been taken over by criminals. Also from banks, from eBay, one gets very well forged mail.

I feel very happy to be able to report that the problems I had with Mind Pad were due to embassy locations being very special in a sense for which Cesar can provide a "pill" , which I usually always take at such locations but forgot that very time I felt I had a problem. As a fact I have quite a few times had to leave out some part of my performance due to Cesar's "pill". So be warned, if you perform at embassies: Word in a Million and MOABT are good choices.
Lately, under normal circumstances on several occasions I have had no problems with Hugo's pad, so I can recommend his creation and must apologize for having doubted his dedication to his clients.

Kaarlo von Feymann Helsinki Finland
Message: Posted by: Jan Hellesoe (May 4, 2014 01:18PM)
Soren definitely has the best costumer service I have ever experienced. And the high quality of his products is rarely seen in our industry. I have several of his products that has an extremely high standard. I also have one of Hugo Shelleys product, but he never returns any emails regarding problems. I tried two emails and on facebook, but no answer...

So I with out a doubt recommend Labco.
Message: Posted by: saysold1 (May 5, 2014 02:14PM)
Soren is tops.
Message: Posted by: Justin Lewis (Sep 11, 2016 06:30PM)
[quote]On Mar 2, 2014, Circusman wrote:
Hi, I'd just like all you folks to know that Soren has been in touch with me regarding the problems that I had with the Mindbuster.

The cause of this very long standing problem appears to have been that the whole thing was down to email communications not getting through.
The only emails these days that are GUARANTEED to get through is when the kids want money !!!

Now that I am fully aware of the situation with Soren, he has literally went up amongst the other 'Greats' in my estimation.

He has gone a long way to rectify the problem to my total satisfaction and appreciation, and I would not hesitate to deal with him in the future (if he will have me).

Thank you, Café members, for reading this.



Bobby. [/quote]


Thought I would comment even though its an older post. Soren is one of the greats for sure! His service is amazing! He is always there to answer my questions. I love my Mind Buster and UFO-4! I've also found Hugo great to work with as well! chatted with him at Magic Live. awesome guy!
Message: Posted by: Justin Lewis (Sep 11, 2016 06:35PM)
[quote]On Sep 11, 2016, Justin Lewis wrote:
[quote]On Mar 2, 2014, Circusman wrote:
Hi, I'd just like all you folks to know that Soren has been in touch with me regarding the problems that I had with the Mindbuster.

The cause of this very long standing problem appears to have been that the whole thing was down to email communications not getting through.
The only emails these days that are GUARANTEED to get through is when the kids want money !!!

Now that I am fully aware of the situation with Soren, he has literally went up amongst the other 'Greats' in my estimation.

He has gone a long way to rectify the problem to my total satisfaction and appreciation, and I would not hesitate to deal with him in the future (if he will have me).

Thank you, Café members, for reading this.



Bobby. [/quote]


Thought I would comment even though its an older post. Soren is one of the greats for sure! His service is amazing! He is always there to answer my questions. I love my Mind Buster and UFO-4! I've also found Hugo great to work with as well! chatted with him at Magic Live. awesome guy! [/quote]
Message: Posted by: ssucahyo (Sep 24, 2016 05:35AM)
Hugo give me amazing after sales service.
I satisfied with his product.
Message: Posted by: Justin Lewis (Aug 4, 2018 09:23PM)
[quote]On Feb 27, 2014, SH wrote:
[quote]
On Jun 13, 2013, Circusman wrote:
Bad experience with Labco Mindbus**r.
Comp useless after very short use.
I'm now looking at purchasing Mind Pad - Good reviews on it.
[/quote]

We actually have a great customer service and always help when a customer have a problem.
Did you email me about the problems ?

All the best
Soren
www.labcomagic.com [/quote]

I Always have had the best service with Soren. His Products and service are top notch!
The new MIndbuster pocket 2 and notebook MB are amazing! Stealthy, incrediblily made and very reliable.
Message: Posted by: phanindhra (Sep 4, 2019 04:59PM)
I second Justin. Soren Provides the best service and MB2 Pocket is by far the best Pad out there