(Close Window)
Topic: My Q and A ....... By Scott Creasey
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jun 13, 2013 03:34PM)
I just bought Scott Creasey's 'My Q and A'

Of course it is a Q&A but I like this one because it seems so above board. This act will fit in your pockets so you will always be ready to go. The best part is the ending.

http://www.lybrary.com/my-q-and-a-p-180725.html?manufacturers_id=105827

I have also bought 'Number 5' from him and really like it. It is a reading done on the back of your card or really anything as long as you can write on it. Simple and cool. I have done the reading and find that people really like it because they are involved in setting the reading up.

Best
Ray
Thanks for the review. Was wondering about that one.
Just ordered it on your recommend. Thanks.
If its anywhere near as good as his Pad, I'll be happy.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jun 14, 2013 04:18AM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-14 03:29, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
Just ordered it on your recommend. Thanks.
If its anywhere near as good as his Pad, I'll be happy.
[/quote]

Let's us know what you think. As for the ending, this is really simply way to end big. Of course you are limited only by your imagination. Has it been done before? Yes, but I like the way it is constructive and flows. You do not go near anything once you start the routine.

I have worked through the routine and cannot find anything that I would change. It is smooth and flawless in design. The dirty is in your face and done in a blink of an eye. I like this because you don't need any clip boards or notepads. All your everyday props are used as they should be. There is no heat on anything because of the way the routine is made up.

Yes, this is a keeper.

Best
Ray
Sounds good. I may have to get this. Scott's FIP has served me brilliantly for almost a decade.
Going to have to grab both #5 and My Q&A. While I haven't performed his "B*p book" in a while, I recall getting great reactions with that as well, and I'm looking forward to doing his "Tarot in your pocket." To me, it's an excellent blend of a routine plus readings, which is very much my thing.

While the principal is not new, I love the implemenation, and the bonus ideas for a reading and alternate handling are fantastic (my 2 cents).
Thanks for the review Ray! I trust your opinion and will have to look more closely at this!

Best,

Atlas
I was also wondering about his "The Corporate Mentalist". Anyone have this?
The Corporate Mentalist is a well constructed act involving numbers. The main prop is a stack of number cards.
Thanks Experimentalist.
This is one slick process. I think it is as slick and progressive as his First Impressions Pad was (is). That's two big winners for me from Mr. Creasey. I'm impressed with how cleanly choreographed this is and I'd recommend this to anyone who is serious about doing or studying the Q&A presentation.

Bob Tripp's is best (and easiest) for me for a System approach, and Scott Creasey's would be best (for me) for a Method approach. This is really good thinking.

Thanks Ray, for the recommend, and I just picked up 'Number 5', also on your recommend.
I've got a lot to say about this one, though for now let me just echo the much deserved praise expressed by Tom and others in this thread.

As a long-time fan and avid supporter of ALL of Scott Creasey's work, I was quite excited to check this one out (and thanks to Ray's recommendation above, I also picked up "Number 5" and will comment more on both these releases when I have a little more time).

There's a lot to love about "My Q&A" and though our individual styles, criteria and personal approaches to Q&A are diametrically opposed in many ways, I'm a huge fan of the genre and do my best to consume just about everything released on the subject. To say that I was incredibly impressed with Scott's Q&A method, approach, structure and all the thinking behind and going into it would be a huge understatement. I highly recommend this ebook and for the menial asking price it really can't be beat. Speaking for myself only, I would have been happy paying 10X more for this phenomenal piece of work.

Not only is the structure, timing, framing, presentation, choreography, methodology, the expert use of subtlety, attention to detail, professional nuances and core effect exemplary in this case, it opens wide the doors to innumerable performance options, can be custom tailored for the performer, environment and attending audience - the foundational techniques are, by nature, highly applicable to other mind reading acts and hard-hitting routines of the same high class and caliber.

I'm actually very surprised there's not a WHOLE LOT more talk about the piece in question.

To touch very briefly on just a few specifics, I love that the "gimmick" in this case is not really a gimmick at all (using every day, EASILY AVAILABLE items in sneaky, subtle and spectacular ways)...also that it uses full size 3X5 sized index cards as opposed to smaller half-slips or unruly palm-sized billets, that the dirty work is done right out in the open and the reading process occurs in full sight of your viewing audience members and participants. While the mechanics are all perfectly hidden, there really isn't anything to "hide."

Scott developed the routine over several years and countless performances as an actual worker, which I respect above all else, and after reading the method and material a few times with the necessary items in and and giving it a formal test-run at my last home party, the results and reactions were far more than I myself was expecting or could have prepared for. While this will in no way, shape or form replace my own Q&A and preferred methods, if you're at all interested in this sort of act and demonstration as a whole, Scott Creasey's "My Q&A" is a definite no-brainer.

Complete with an interactive beginning, ultra-strong middle and memorable, powerful ending I don't feel ANY mentalist worker or psychic entertainer in this day and age would be anything less than ecstatic over their purchase - there's a whole lot of value here, the routine is complete, simple in execution, devastating in effect and would be a startling success in even the most inept hands. I highly, highly recommend this one and that you check it out immediately! Most of the items required I already had and a quick trip to the local office supply took care of that in less than 5 minutes.

Also based on Ray's review and recommend, I picked up "Number 5" as stated earlier and the more I think about it, the more I'm excited to put it through the trials and start using it in my own work (especially in unprepared, propless and impromptu situations). I've come up with what I hope and feel will be an effective and deeply moving experience which combines some rather clever marketing ploys and commercial tactics that, if all goes well, should boost just about anyone's readings' business exponentially.

To end, I'm a big fan of Scott as a person and his professional offerings as a gifted creator and performer (before these last two purchases I've owned multiple sets of his FIP and BIP BT, both items which I've kept close when needed and used for years now) and again, to piggy back on Jorgenson's spot on review, I'm stoked that Mr. Creasey continues to share his world class thinking, powerhouse routines and professional WORKING GRADE material with the mentalism community.

Now...I'm off to grab up the rest of his stuff and the few things of his I've obviously been missing.

You can join me by visiting and learning more about his products here: http://www.lybrary.com/scott-creasey-m-105827.html?osCsid=d6218cbd506eee5f4f269bbf310cbbd6

Unsolicited,
Jerome Finley
Wow. Great review.
Guys thank you very much for the praise.

Jerome, I really don't know what to say, your review has left me somewhat speechless.

Thanks again.
And today I noticed Scott just put a new one out on Lybrary called "Psi Lotto".

I really liked his Q and A book and have been considering getting some others. Just wish his descriptions were a little more informative.
J100taylor,

I take your comments on board, I'll make an effort to elaborate more with my next publication which I am working on as we speak. My problem is I always endeavour to make the props and handling of any effect I produce as simple as possible. Everything I have released I have used many times in performance and as far as my own act is concerned KISS is my mantra.

It is therefore often difficult for me to describe the effect in full without tipping the complete method or handling.

That said thanks for your comment, all constructive criticism is welcomed with open arms.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jun 27, 2013 08:52AM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-26 15:30, j100taylor wrote:
And today I noticed Scott just put a new one out on Lybrary called "Psi Lotto".

I really liked his Q and A book and have been considering getting some others. Just wish his descriptions were a little more informative.
[/quote]

I see nothing wrong with Scott's descriptions of his routines. I find what he has written to be just the prefect blend of telling you what to expect without tipping anything. When I bought Scott's 'My Q&A' I knew it was a Q&A and that he had his own handling for it. That was all that I needed to know.

I think because many people (mostly kids) are use to asking and fishing for the hows and whats of a routine on these types of forums, that now some expect that the complete routine should be explained including what props are used. I am just happy with a small add explaining the bare bones of the routine. I am smart enough to know if it is something that I want without going into detail.

Scott, I find that your work are gems......

Best
Ray
[quote]
On 2013-06-24 10:39, j100taylor wrote:
I was also wondering about his "The Corporate Mentalist". Anyone have this?
[/quote]

Great ebook. Complete show/lecture using number cards envelopes and your mind. Excellent. Lots of insight.

J
Ray - with over 30 years in magic I am not a kid nor am I fishing. For example John C and Experimentalist both gave me valuable feedback on what to expect from "The Corporate Mentalist" (which I am going to buy right now). The additional description they gave didn't reveal anything while adding enough info to understand what I was purchasing. I would appreciate similar info on "Psi Lotto" as well.

Scott - thanks for responding. I like the way you think. I am looking forward to your next release. Keep up the good work!
[quote]
On 2013-06-27 12:08, j100taylor wrote:
Ray - with over 30 years in magic I am not a kid nor am I fishing. For example John C and Experimentalist both gave me valuable feedback on what to expect from "The Corporate Mentalist" (which I am going to buy right now). The additional description they gave didn't reveal anything while adding enough info to understand what I was purchasing. I would appreciate similar info on "Psi Lotto" as well.

Scott - thanks for responding. I like the way you think. I am looking forward to your next release. Keep up the good work!
[/quote]

Yea, I went for "Psi Lotto" as well. Another winner. The cool thing about the CM too is that you can use the different parts independantly.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jun 27, 2013 02:14PM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-27 12:08, j100taylor wrote: (IN PART)
Ray - with over 30 years in magic I am not a kid nor am I fishing.
[/quote]

I wasn't calling you a kid or that you were fishing. I meant that there are kids on here that is doing it. They are the generation of instance information. The send information to each other and don't care if is copy right or theirs to give. They expect and think it is normal to ask and be giving information. To the young people,it is normal and is why us older guys find it hard to relate to them in matters of published material.

I was just saying that because of this generation, it is now becoming and expected to be told everything about something.

I am sorry if you took what I said personally. That wasn't what I meant.

I have also been into magic for over 30 years and am just find with the add copy that Scott uses.

Best
Ray
I have this but I couldn't really add anything to Jeromes words other than to confirm his statement that this is awesome even in the hands of the completely inept. Scott's Day one is also fantastic. Psi lotto is immensly tempting at $15 because based on what I have of Scott's so far there is going to be more than $15 worth of value in there. At that price it's hard to resist even knowing that financially I'm not in a good place right now.

Mark
Just picked up Number 5. I like it a lot. Simple and direct reading system with a "psychic" prediction to cap it off. You will need a working knowledge of tarot for the prediction finale.
I was very pleased with The Corporate Mentalist, so I am considering this as well. Is it geared towards a metaphysical, "New Agey", presentation, or is it also something that could also be used for a corporate audience?
A perfect piece for corporate.

Faultlessly choreographed and perfectly formed.
The biggest playing, smallest packing diamond of a routine you are likely to come across.

Probably the best bang for bucks I've ever bought.

Steve
Thank you Stephen.
[quote]
On 2013-07-02 22:14, Experimentalist wrote:
I was very pleased with The Corporate Mentalist, so I am considering this as well. Is it geared towards a metaphysical, "New Agey", presentation, or is it also something that could also be used for a corporate audience?
[/quote]

Steve's correct on all counts.

Nothing to do with the aforementioned, agey, metaphysical. Everything to do with simple direct, organic, you could easily do this in a middle school on up to highest level corporate, Kawanis club, Rotary club, Chamber of Commerce, any event really. Can be played the entire way or in pieces.

Great, great stuff.

J
Number 5, can be used for any audience, for anyone interested in a personality, or past present, future reading. The reading can be as quick or as in depth as you want, mostly depending on your knowledge of numerology or tarot. What makes the presentation stand out is its logical and satisfying conclusion. Quite brilliant, and your audience gets a keepsake ie. your business card.

For 12 bucks, you cannot go wrong.
Sorely tempted by the Q&a I have to say...

envelopology was great too!
Excellent! Just purchased Q&A and everything is very well thought out! Well worth the 30 bucks!
Scott Creasey puts out well thought out material. His imp pad is by far superior to anything now on the market for a small shirt poctet notebook IMHO. He also has excellant routines if you can get hold of any of his lecture notes.
This sounds like something I need to get my hands :wavey: on.
I REALLY like Scott Creasey's 'My Q and A'. In this ebook, Scott writes that he spent many years working on, thinking through and perfecting his approach to Q & A, and it definitely shows.

In this presentation you perform the classic effect of having audience members write questions on pieces of paper, have them seal their questions in envelopes, then proceed to read their thoughts and know what they wrote.

The method, routine, presentation, major steps and minor steps have all been carefully thought through and written out in detailed, step-by-step instructions with photos for clarity.

I have to say, this approach to Q & A is EXACTLY what I've been searching for as it provides an outstanding effect of thought reading, a clever, simple and fool-proof methodology and very clear instructions for what to do and how to do it.

And at $30, this may be the best value I've purchased in the past 12 months.

http://www.lybrary.com/my-q-and-a-p-180725.html?manufacturers_id=105827
I know this thread is a bit old now but I'd like to say a big thanks to all those Magic Café members who have bought and reviewed My Q & A.

Two things to mention. Firstly you can now instantly download all my effects and routines direct from me by visiting the products page of my website http://www.scottcreasey.com/products/ and secondly (and I'm sorry for the blatant plug) just a heads up that I am working on a DVD project showcasing the Q & A system I have been using in all environments from close up in pubs and restaurants to cabaret in clubs and hotels along the costa del sol in Spain for the past 7 years.

This DVD will be a limited run and should (all going well) be ready for release with my next UK lecture tour.

Thanks again Guys
[quote]On Sep 23, 2014, Scott wrote:
I know this thread is a bit old now but I'd like to say a big thanks to all those Magic Café members who have bought and reviewed My Q & A.

Two things to mention. Firstly you can now instantly download all my effects and routines direct from me by visiting the products page of my website http://www.scottcreasey.com/products/ and secondly (and I'm sorry for the blatant plug) just a heads up that I am working on a DVD project showcasing the Q & A system I have been using in all environments from close up in pubs and restaurants to cabaret in clubs and hotels along the costa del sol in Spain for the past 7 years.

This DVD will be a limited run and should (all going well) be ready for release with my next UK lecture tour.

Thanks again Guys [/quote]

Great news, Scott!

After reading My Q&A, very much looking forward to your new DVD.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Sep 24, 2014 06:21AM)
Yes, I would be interested in a dvd.

Ray
Thanks guys,

As soon as it is ready, and it is a big project, I'll be letting everybody know.

Just a taster though. Imagine a system for a Q & A which can be carried and worked from your pockets and you can buy what is required for next to nothing from your local stationary store. A system that can be used one on one for a reading, used for table hopping (yes table hopping) used in cabaret or stage, small groups, large groups, imagine no stooges, no pre-show, no assistants, no electronics, no envelopes, no quick peeks, no memory work.

The project will be released as a limited run DVD (Maybe a two disc)and will include live performance footage and full, in depth working instructions, plus all the psychological extra's I have added over years of usage.

I'll keep you posted.
Scott is a friend and I've been lucky to see his new Q & A. It's a typically brilliant piece of work and is wonderfully practical as well as being extremely deceptive. It won't be available for a while, but will be well worth the wait. It will be a limited release and probably 2 DVD's as Scott has such a lot of work with this and it will feature several different routines.

Prior to this I've been using Scott's My Q & A, now available directly from his website:
http://www.scottcreasey.com/downloads/my-q-and-a/

I can't imagine anyone not being thrilled with it - it's fantastic and if you've ever wanted to do Q & A, but have been scared of the boldness of other routines, you'll be excited about this. All you need are index cards, envelopes, pencils and will be ready for a 30 minute act.

I suggest if you are interested, you get this soon, as several people (including Jerome Finley) have said this is way too cheap and it is!

Iain.
Scott's material is always of the highest quality. And his pricing is spot on.

Can you tell us if the Q&A featured on the DVD is the same as that in the My Q&A download?
[quote]On Sep 28, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
Can you tell us if the Q&A featured on the DVD is the same as that in the My Q&A download? [/quote]
The version that will be released on DVD is not the same as the "My Q & A" download - it's a completely different method, plus it doesn't use envelopes and can be performed surrounded. Though it won't be available until next year and will be a limited edition and a much higher price.

Having said that, the download version is something that I've used quite a bit and Scott has used a LOT! It's technically easy and brilliantly routined, complete with a drawing duplication finish. I don't think there's a better version that is currently on the market.

Iain.
Thanks again guys for the kind words.

Iain, is the only magician who has actually seen the system I now use. He expressed his interest when I spoke to him after watching his excellent lecture for Leicester Magic Circle earlier in the year, and when I returned to the UK from Spain in August we got together for a brain storming session. As a working pro I really value his opinion so thanks again Iain.

Just a note here. This system is not the same as the "My Q & A" PDF I released a while back. It is simply more versatile, can be used in close up, cabaret and stage environments, it can be used one on one or even for strolling Q & A (yes I have used it that way).

There are no envelopes, or electronics (which I don't trust during performance) you quite literally drop a stack of cards in your pocket with some pencils and you are ready to go. I carry these with me all the time because to be honest since I have been able to perform a Q & A routine in just about any environment, I am struggling to find any other mentalism routine that makes such an impact on a lay audience.

As Iain said, the DVD should consist of two disks, one of live performance footage and one of explanations and there is so much material and potential that putting it all together is proving to be a mammoth task.

I have also decided to price this information relatively high and produce a limited run but already have a waiting list of people who are interested which is growing day by day, so I may add a mailing list to my website for people who are interested.

Anyway thanks again to everybody who has shown and interest so far.
Hi Scott,

PM'd you.
I just purchased this, so I'm reviving a really old thread.

The entire thing is brilliant, and I think anyone interested in this sort of performance, should have this.

I have only one negative comment: He gives a tip to grab golf pencils for free at IKEA. His rationale for, as he says "some people would call that dishonest", is that he considers it free advertising for IKEA. PLEASE, do NOT do this. If you want some free advertising, then purchase golf pencils with your own name and contact information and do your own "free" advertising. I don't work for, or have any affiliation with IKEA. It's just flawed logic and dishonest. As magicians, we may kid around about "cheating", but my magician friends are all very honest people.

Other than that, this is great!

KJ
KJ,

Were did you get it? I didn't see the DVD on his site.

KC
KC,

Hi. I got it from Penguin Magic.

KJ
Don't see it there. Could you give us a link?

Thanks
I think that 1KJ is taking about Scott's My Q&A eBook (?), not the Q&A system DVD, which I don't think has been released yet.

TT
Yes, I'm talking about the ebook.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S19149

KJ
Is it a good book and what differentiates it?