(Close Window)
Topic: Weird freakin email!
I posted an ad for something I was selling on craigslist the other day and rather than a phone call I received an email from someone asking if it was still available. However the first sentence was nothing but a bunch of mismatched words that didn't go together or make any sense. example-car I was tree going to purple etc. I went ahead and deleted it as spam but was curious if anyone knew what was up with this. I remember getting similar emails years ago when I got my first computer and did a lot of surfing. If you know what this is or what it means can you let me know? Thanks.
Where have you been all these years ??

Its part and parcel of sale ads on the internet.

Just have a spare email for these types of ad.
I've posted on Craigslist and got similar replies. Not so much gibberish but poor English asking if item was still for sale and others asking about possibility of shipping item. Found out that ones asking if still available are looking for valid emails. Reply to them and you get lots of spam. Guess they figure you won't delete an account if you're using it to sell stuff. The emails asking about shipping are trying to ultimately get you to give you account numbers needed to "arrange for shipping". From there it's short hop to hacking your account

In any postings I list that ad will be up as long as item is available. That I won't reply to any "is it still around" emails.

Having a live/hate relationship with Craigslist.
At least you didn't get an email from this guy. http://dontevenreply.com/

:)
Many people request in their craigslist ad to put a phrase in the subject line, to help weed out spam bots and the like.
[quote]
On 2013-07-08 16:36, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
At least you didn't get an email from this guy. http://dontevenreply.com/

:)
[/quote]

That's hilarious!
When you get email from someone who English is obviously not their first language they most likely are spamming you from abroad, and are not very likely to drive over to your house to buy your crap from you. Who cares what the meaning of their jiberish is.
I don't think it's poor English. I think it has to be some kind of hack. Some kind of automated keyword computer program or something. I know there's more to it. It's bugging me now.
Did he make you an offer, or is he just wasting your time?