(Close Window)
Topic: Erase by Julien Arlandis and produced by Mickael Chatelain
Hello guys,

new effect from Mickael Chatelain's company, magic4pro, which is called "Erase" :

http://youtu.be/i2qLI2_ZNhc

Basically, you have this clear board, you write anything on it, spectator choose one symbol, number and the thing they choose is now at the back of the board. Every others drawings can be erased from the face but the only one the spectator choose is on the other side :)

Looks like a clear "ipad" and I think you could find a great patter with this idea :)
Outstanding trailer, and a great effect. Bravo.
Cool. Hope they make a pocket version
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Jul 13, 2013 06:58PM)
Be interesting to see when the selection is truly made, before or after the drawing is completed
This is great thinking by Mr Arlandis and an excellent illusion if it works how I suspect. Christopher, I'm fairly confident the selection is made after the drawings have been done. I don't want to say any more than that out of respect the creator.
Looks pretty good. Agree it's too big to really be practical.
Looks very similar to an effect, that I want to release in the next couple of months. that said, if
I will release, I will not give any credits because it is my own method:)

but it looks good to be honest. only the board looks like a prop.
I posted this in the other thread so thought I would post it here too...

What makes this different from Adam Grace's Glass?? Not sure if I can see a significant difference in method...

Of course I don't own this but from what I can tell the method is the same, routines and structure are different though I suppose... Nothing revolutionary though at all...

Best,

Ben
Hello I'm jerome from magic4pro!
Sorry Rasmus..why don't you want to join magic4pro team next time ;)
Nechto: I just want to say to you that e-rase is totaly different of Adam grace's glass (it's a good trick for sure)!
it's not the same method! routines and structure are different!
it's a revolution!
[quote]
On 2013-07-17 17:11, rasmus wrote:
Looks very similar to an effect, that I want to release in the next couple of months. that said, if
I will release, I will not give any credits because it is my own method:)

but it looks good to be honest. only the board looks like a prop.
[/quote]

strange comment...
Looks great. My question: Can the spectator take a try at erasing the "non-chosen" symbols as well as the ones he/she selected-- showing that only the selected symbols remain unerased? In the vid one sees only the magi himself erasing the non-chosen symbols. Then the spectator tries to erase his/her chosen symbols, but cannot-- until the pad is turned over.

To simplify... must the magi be the one to erase the non-chosen symbols?
Would anyone actually carry that thing around in a pro environment?
[quote]
On 2013-07-29 17:59, DougNicols wrote:
Would anyone actually carry that thing around in a pro environment?
[/quote]

I can only imagine this being used on stage, although a pocket size one might be useful.

I like that its an original idea and visual. My problem with it is that when laypeople try to reconstruct the trick they will think the board was simply turned over...even if it wasn't. (I don't know the method)
I've ordered and will tell you about when it arrives.

The first thing I will do is put some black tape over the E-Rase logo on top of the board.
This is something I will never understand: why creators put advertisments (of their products) on their products?
Google E - Rase + Magic and your audience can read about it later... If you don't care about the secret and want to make as much money as you can this should be a option... but not very right in our art imo.

It looks interesting and very simple which I like. A good way to proof a prediction in another way with """impromtu""" applications for creating routines. Lets see
Can I ask

The e sticker is it not possible to peel it off ?
I liked INK by Chatelain a lot, but it had its problems.
This effect from watching the video twice, shares one of those problems. I think there are two methods at work in this effect. One with a gaff and the board, one with just the board.

People are saying this looks like a toy/tenyo prop, or it looks weird. I actually disagree, in the age of the iPad this looks completely normal.
Just cover or remove the E-Rase sticker and you have a new piece of tech, a mind reading android device or something.

As a walk around effect or a single trick I don't know if it's strong. As part of a mentalism routine, it could be amazing.
Just received this. The method is not what I expected. I think with the proper presentation this might work as a walkaround but I won't be sure until I try it
[quote]
On 2013-08-01 02:45, Martin.Lester wrote:
Can I ask

The e sticker is it not possible to peel it off ?
[/quote]

I tried peeling it off, but it is stuck on pretty good. Maybe with a little steam or moisture it might come off. Using a "bulldog clip" might be the best way to cover it up
I posted this idea over on the Wizard Product Review thread and I thought I would repeat it here.

Draw several "boy" stick figures and several "girl" stick figures. Pick a couple as your subjects and have the guy erase all but one girl and have the girl eraase all but one guy. Amazingly they are the only two on the other side of the glass, obviously they were destined to be together.

Also, the average spectator is not going to notice and remember the label on the board. Logos are everywhere. But I can see how it would be a problem if you are performing for friends and family. They WILL notice such things because they know you are just you so you must have bought a magic trick.
[quote]
On 2013-08-01 15:58, hackmonkey wrote:
People are saying this looks like a toy/tenyo prop, or it looks weird. I actually disagree, in the age of the iPad this looks completely normal.
[/quote]

Uhm, like a "completely normal" what?
[quote]
On 2013-08-02 14:22, Magicsquared wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why, like a completely normal Tenyo trick of course!
[quote]
On 2013-08-02 14:25, tomsk192 wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why, like a completely normal Tenyo trick of course!
[/quote]

Right.

I don't know the workings of the trick, but why on earth they didn't produce this to look like a clear clipboard (which [i]is[/i] somewhat common, is beyond me.
A version that will fit easily in a jacket pocket would be good also, the size of it limits the number of people who may use it.
So are we buying a method that can be used with glass and "other" things or its a gaff......if its a method and only limited by my imagination of what I can transfer from one side to the other that's pretty cool. Is there a limit to the size of drawing that can be moved?
[quote]
look like a clear clipboard (which [i]is[/i] somewhat common, is beyond me.
[/quote]

Agreed, I would have purchased that immediately. Without question.
It's more a method which you could apply to nearly everything. The fact is that with the erase board, you can easily turn the thing (which is not possible with a window for example) but you could take this principle and use it with a window if you want :)
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Like a bloody iPad, Kindle, Android tablet, Samsung Note etc. Use your brain.
[quote]
On 2013-08-03 00:09, hackmonkey wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You do realize that none of the things you mentioned are transparent, right? Use [i]my[/i] brain? If you think this resembles any of those things you are having a stroke. Call somebody.
You obviously haven't seen the new prototypes...

Iron Man has one.
[quote]
On 2013-08-03 01:35, hackmonkey wrote:
You obviously haven't seen the new prototypes...

Iron Man has one.
[/quote]

And he writes on it with a dry-erase marker?
[quote]
On 2013-08-03 00:09, hackmonkey wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I dunno - I think it looks just fine to me.
I think your imagination is 'squared'...

Attach a red laser pointer to a marker with black tape and it's laser guided erasable nano-ink.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Aug 3, 2013 04:29AM)
Received mine but the DVD doesn't work, tried it in several DVD players and my laptop... not best pleased atm, no matter how much I try the picture just won't go through to the other side!!
I think that this os cool
I received mine today as well and the logo just came off easily on both sides.
If there is glue remaining on the black frame you can simply rub it off.
Its 37 C here maybe that helped but I see no problem with this. ;)

The only problem I have is the board itself. It seems faulty to me and I already wrote the company about it.
Lets see if they can help me. I will tell you more about it after my issues are ironed out.
Again for the record you can take off the sticker easily!
I like the effect a lot. Just don't love the prop and wonder to what extent it can be modified to look like something else. Can I glue a clipboard clip to the top, or do both sides need to look identical? Is the black border necessary? (for example). Now for some people the notion that your prop should look like something found in the real world is not an issue, but for some people it is. For me it is, at least.
So, given this illusion could be performed with any glass, can anyone comment about the quality of the instruction?
KJ
[quote]
On 2013-08-03 22:20, 1KJ wrote:
So, given this illusion could be performed with any glass, can anyone comment about the quality of the instruction?
KJ
[/quote]

The instruction is all on the DVD. The instructor(s) speak in a foreign language and English is dubbed in over the speaker. At first I found it difficult to understand the translation because the original instruction video sound was too loud and the translation sound was too low. I adjusted to that though. I was watching the DVD while doing something else (multitasking) and didn't understand the method at first, but by the end it was perfectly clear how this works. I was actually surprised at the method. I haven't had a chance to try it yet due to a busy weekend, but I think I will have this mastered for my next gig. The real test will be how the audience reacts.

Anyway, to answer your question, the instruction is adequate.

Charlie
The company immediatly answered to my e-mail and will help me solving the problem with the board.
that's nice and fast customer service!!

All the best,
Martin
Does anyone have a detailed review of this product?
I'm disappointed in the effect. The ad copy states there is "no manipulation" but perhaps there is something lost in translation here. There is a move and its exactly what you would expect it to be. To me, it falls into the "bold" category. The erasure method that follows works but you have to be consistent in your wiping action or the gimmick can fall.The final "clean up" is also rather noisy and can very clearly be heard even during the tutorial portion of the DVD! I'm not sure what I expected but the no manipulation claim is open to interpretation!
I'm disappointed in the effect. The ad copy states there is "no manipulation" but perhaps there is something lost in translation here. There is a move and its exactly what you would expect it to be. To me, it falls into the "bold" category. The erasure method that follows works but you have to be consistent in your wiping action or the gimmick can fall.The final "clean up" is also rather noisy and can very clearly be heard even during the tutorial portion of the DVD! I'm not sure what I expected but the no manipulation claim is open to interpretation!
I saw this on a gadget website I browse sometimes, reminded me of this thread.

First completely transparent phone released!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5mEyUHr1YY
Can we get an in depth review??
Now the dust has settled on the thread ... what's the heads-up on Erase?
is this a worker?

Is this suitable for table-hopping?