(Close Window)
Topic: The touch of Cain?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZbl9PVdORg
not an especially useful demo! just got the email in about this...kinda tempted for $15, but the demo has put me off to be honest...
No kidding!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jul 14, 2013 03:06PM)
I HAVE to chime in on this. The ad copy claims that this is a "REAL TIME" PK Touch but it is nothing of the sort. For a PK Touch to be "REAL TIME", the participant must react at the very moment the remote touch (tapping the air, another person, their shadow, etc) occurs. In fact, the ad copy states that "Afterward you ask if they felt something"; a direct contradiction to the notion of a "real time" PK-Touch.

Christopher
"I want you to close your eyes and look this way..." :hmm:
[quote]
On 2013-07-14 16:06, Christopher Taylor wrote:
I HAVE to chime in on this. The ad copy claims that this is a "REAL TIME" PK Touch but it is nothing of the sort. For a PK Touch to be "REAL TIME", the participant must react at the very moment the remote touch (tapping the air, another person, their shadow, etc) occurs. In fact, the ad copy states that "Afterward you ask if they felt something"; a direct contradiction to the notion of a "real time" PK-Touch.

Christopher
[/quote]

Spot on Christopher. I don't understand why the creator thinks it's real time.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jul 14, 2013 06:13PM)
In fairness, I sent an email to eMentalism about this. Josť Prager replied by saying, "You can ask them the moment you are moving the feather if they are feeling something."

CT
Hmmm so you wave a.feather at someones face and ask them if they felt something? would you have to make sure there is no draft...
[quote]
On 2013-07-14 19:13, Christopher Taylor wrote:
In fairness, I sent an email to eMentalism about this. Josť Prager replied by saying, "You can ask them the moment you are moving the feather if they are feeling something."

CT
[/quote]

Nice approach creating the appearance of real time.
Dual Real-timeee
This probably IS real time. I'm almost 100% certain that I know how he does it, and it wouldn't be anything new at all. One person who has already sold the exact same thing is Peter Loughran, it's built into his Voodoo Touch chair. They feel the feather at the same time that you wave it in the air.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jul 15, 2013 05:40PM)
[quote]
On 2013-07-15 14:18, PatrickGregoire wrote:
it's built into his Voodoo Touch chair. They feel the feather at the same time that you wave it in the air.
[/quote]

Touch of Cain is selling for $15.

CT
I know lol, it's built into his chair. You get a heck of a lot more built into the chair; it's an entire electronic routine. The voodoo touch is just a part of it. And it's simple, and it's cheap. And it's not new. And I'm 99.9% certain it's the same thing. And Peter's not the first to sell this method.
An absolutely pointless demo imho.
Why? It shows you exactly what you can do from start to finish...
Don't forget, Rick Maue & Banachek's...'PK Touches DVD's' are coming! :)

Anyone,taken the Plunge on,Cain's ?
Thank you all for this discussion thread. I just spoke with Christopher Taylor moments ago and didn't realize this thread had been created.

@Patrick Gregoire - Thank you for the endorsement as you are correct. I do explain from start to finish how this is performed. Without going into a reveal here, it truly is a real time PK touch.

@looch - Dual reality is not implemented here in this effect. In one of the routines it is employed with another spectator and I suppose you could utilize it with the first spectator. However, it is not employed with the lone spectator / 1st spectator. Josť Prager is correct by saying, "You can ask them the moment you are moving the feather if they are feeling something." This is absolutely accurate. You can instruct the lone / 1st spectator to answer by raising their hand at the moment they feel the feather (or whatever you decide to use) OR ask after the fact. It's about presentation in my opinion.

Christopher shared his concern with me about the timing of the question (thank you Christoper as I should kick myself for it). Again, you can instruct the lone / 1st spectator to answer by raising their hand at the moment they feel the feather. Remember to control the spectator every step of the way. Every mentalist knows that rule.

I know there are other real-time PK effects out there and I wanted to bring one to our fold that kept the cost reasonably down.

Thank you all for allowing me to share.

Dan Cain
And again we don't have a password protected page for products
I'm sorry but I don't understand what's new here?
@parmenion
" There's nothing new under the Sun." --> holy scripture
" It's all the same, only the names will change..." --> Jon Bon Jovi
@parmenion
If everyone took that position of " nothing's new" then innovation would cease. Let's not stop trying to come up with new ways to Perform.
Ok, I'll ask my question differently.
Why do you release something already well knows?
What's the point?
I suppose that I'm glad you don't speak for everyone.
Some reviews:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3614
@Dan

I enjoy PK-Touch Routines very much and love to learn more about them. Therefore I'm interested in your routine.

What hold me back from purchasing it so far is that I don't know what kind of benefit I will have. By this I mean do I learn something new relating to method or something new relating to presentations? Unfortunately the demo, the product description and the reviews at penguin doesn't help me to get an answer.

Maybe you can clarify that a bit for me.

Best, Patrick
@Patrick2409

Thank you very much for your interest Patrick. I think there are many PK touch effects out there and in my opinion they are ALL great. Each one is applicable in various scenarios. When I hear of an entertainer complaining about a PK effect it tells me that perhaps that PK effect isn't right for the venue / set up they are working in. There's nothing wrong with the effects, it just comes down to how you need to utilize the set ups / methods. There are close up PK touches that wouldn't work AS WELL on stage. There are stage set ups that wouldn't be used in a quick close up situation.

Patrick, I don't want you to buy something for the sake of buying it. Buyers remorse sets in, people get upset, blah! The Touch of Cain is geared more toward the stage and parlor. What kind of magic do you perform? That will help you decide what effects you think can enhance your show. I've said this many times, presentation is everything. I've had people write me over the last week and offer GREAT ideas for extended performances to The Touch of Cain. I think it's wonderful! Make this effect your own. Don't limit yourself by what I offer. Take what I share and build on it. Make it your own. I hope I helped!

Warm regards,
Dan Cain