(Close Window)
Topic: Mentalist Institution Presents - Number One Hit
I am happy to announce that my PDF Book, 'Number One Hit' is coming along nicely.

The title effect, a 'hands off' iPhone 'song divination' is a bit of a pet routine of mine.... so, as a taste of what is to come, I would like to offer it for free to the first 50 people that email me at pshirley@bigpond.net.au

No catches. No 'can you post something great about me/it on the Café'. Just a gift. Yes, seriously.

I will be mailing this out by the start of next week, once it returns from the proof reader.

I look forward to hearing from some of you soon.

Paul
P.S: Please put 'Number One Hit' as the header title in the email.

Thanks guys.
Email sent! updated header as well.
Paul sent me this about six months ago (The draft variation), I loved it!

It's a great piece.

Pete x
Thanks for all of your emails, guys! :)

I am going to extend it to 100 copies.
103 gone. Lets make it 150, shall we? :)
Dang, I STILL didn't get it! Goodness!
Has it actually been sent or are you compiling the names? I might've missed it too, even though I sent an email within the hour of the post!
Magic Maddy, shoot me an email.

There are copies left ;)
DynaMix: I have been keeping track of all request emails sent... and have endeavoured to respond to all of them.

I just noticed that I missed responding to 2 email, which have both now also been answered.

As I only know your screen name... and can't cross reference with my emails... if you haven't received a response email from me yet, please shoot me through another and I will definitely
send you a copy when the effect comes back from the proof readers.

Cheers mate

Paul
Scratch that last message DynaMix :)

I just noticed your screen name at the bottom of your email.

I have just sent you a confirmation
Just sent another! Thanks Mr. Shirley! :D
I'm interested in reading as well. :) I've shot you an email yesterday.
Hi, VMagical

I should have thought this through a little better, it may seem :)

I have checked my emails ... and am pretty sure I have responded to every one.

Shoot me another email mate... and include your Café name, so I can cross reference it.

Thanks man

Paul
Hi Magic Maddy,

You should have got an email from me, yesterday at 1am Oz Time. I have sent you another email my friend ;)
Let me know if you don't receive it.
[quote]
On 2013-07-16 11:35, Paul Shirley wrote:
Hi Magic Maddy,

You should have got an email from me, yesterday at 1am Oz Time. I have sent you another email my friend ;)
Let me know if you don't receive it.
[/quote]

Didn't receive it yesterday or today :/
Never fear, Magic Maddy. I got your back ;)

I have your email... 2 of them in fact. And will make sure you get a copy of this.

I am not sure why you haven't received either of my emails. Maybe your computer has good taste.... and I am slipping through to your junk folder. :)
Haha I checked every possible folder. I'm not sure what the problem is but it is no where to be found on y phone or computer. STRANGE STUFF
Im not sure either Magic Maddy.... as my return emails to you are showing up in my 'sent' folder.

Anyway... rest assured that I will get a copy to you.. even if I have to print one out.... and hire a courier pigeon! :)

Cheers

Paul
Hahaha I appreciate that Paul! I've always thought Pigeons were underrated!

Really can't wait to read this though. I love stuff like this.
Hi Paul! This sounds great. I'll e-mail to you in a second.

Best,
Mike
Just resent the email. :)
Thanks guys, emails received.

If anyone else here has sent me an email, to which I have not responded to... please let me know.
For those of you who have contacted me for this, thank you.

It is still with the proofreader... but I expect it back within the next couple of days. Thank you all for your patience.
I'm sure that this thread is about to explode, as Paul has just very graciously sent out this effect.

I've just read through the .pdf and have to say that I think the method here is both deceptively clever, and entirely simple and I can see this being a reliable piece of impromptu mentalism. I also think that there are a number of ways to present this and that it will generate a lot of good ideas.

For instance, I'm sure that many of us who have listened to the radio have noticed that there is generally a point in the day in which that radio station will play the exact same songs in the exact same order (Some stations that also stream their music will give you a list of upcoming titles online). How great would it be to have your participant select a song from your iPod and then, just as they have done so (and without you having been told the song), be able to lean back and confidently assert that the next song on the radio will be the song they chose?

And that's after a minute or two of thinking - I'm sure there are a lot more ideas that will present themselves.

Very clever Paul - thanks for sharing!

Best,

Atlas
I like it, just read it and played with it a bit. It's extremely simple to do and understand. I will try it out tonight and post the results later. It is well written and includes a few photos at the end to show exactly what you're supposed to do. I will definitely be playing with this
This is fantastic. Simple, but sure to fool. Great presentation possibilities.
Just gave it a test run on a friend. They were completely fooled. Just sat there as stared at me for a bit then said "Do they always pick 'Marry me'?" So it was a convincing force. I will continue trying and will continue to post results.
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Jul 29, 2013 12:29PM)
Just read this and I agree with the statements above it is simple, direct and a profound piece of impromptu mentalism. Thank you so much Paul and I will be on the lookout for further offerings.
Mine arrived this morning. Only takes a few minutes to read. Just follow along and it works just as described. A great new way to know which song is randomly scrolled to. Credits to other methods detailed. Thank you, Paul!
This really is awesome and the ebook is very well written. I tried this out and it kills. It's really easy to do this on a borrowed phone, you have more than enough cover to do the set up. Absolutely fantastic, I would gladly have paid for this. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for the ebook if this is an indicator of the quality.

Mark
Flawlessly written ebook.. No fluff, just the insanely simple method with bare bones scripting. And to think I've paid stupid money for apps that claimed to be, but were rubbish.

Paul, this a beaut mate, and an iPhone within easy reach in most situations means I will be using this a great deal.

Simply brilliant

Thanks
Chris
Result.. Tried it out with a waitress and her iPhone.. Song was Flash Gordan by Queen. I had great fun with the reveal, and she was left dumfounded (and slightly embarrassed when her friends realised this was on her playlist!!)

10/10 for this one Paul.

Cheers,
Chris
Message: Posted by: Dale A. Hildebrandt (Jul 31, 2013 06:05PM)
This is genius. Pure, refined genius. Almost as good as French Toast with syrup.

Sincerely,
Dale A. Hildebrandt
Pretty much in agreement with everyone... an absolute winner, simple and yet oh so effective. The tips regarding taking the heat off the crucial "move" are great as well.

I have an iPredict/Telefoto routine that happens to be based around top selling billboard acts, and these two are going to go insanely well together. Great job Paul!!!
Wow! Thank you all for the kind words. I am thrilled that some of you have found a place for this in your repertoire.

Please keep me in the loop with regards to your experiences performing N1H. :)
I love this I actually had a spectator suspect that I had somehow frozen the cover flow so I repeated it on a second spectator but as she was swiping the screen I told him to kneel down and take a peek to make sure she really was scrolling the songs. Of course he was able to confirm that everything was exactly as it should be. When I revealed her song his response was "that wasn't a trick, that was the real thing, incredible". I'm almost tempted to keep that convincer in. If I had paid for this it would be one of the best purchases I have made in ages.

Mark
Just wanted to say thanks for this! I forgot about it for about a week but now I've given it some time, it's great stuff. It took me a second to figure out exactly when and where the stuff was done but it's great!

Especially for free...

Thanks!
Thanks for posting your thoughts, guys.

It's nice to know that some of you are using this effect... and getting some good reactions from it.
Alas the cover flow has been removed from ios 7 so this awesome effect is now defunct on upgraded iPhones.

Mark
Is this still available?

Emailed yesterday, lol ;)

[b]- Andreu. [/b]
[quote]
On 2013-09-19 17:23, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Alas the cover flow has been removed from ios 7 so this awesome effect is now defunct on upgraded iPhones.

Mark
[/quote]

NOOOOOOOO!
I have something else in the works which may interest some of you who enjoyed this effect. I'll keep you posted. x
I've figured out a way to keep performing this. It's my opener quite frequently in casual situations. I've added a 2nd and 3rd phase as well using different principles.

Still one of the best additions to my repetoire ever. Thanks a ton for releasing this!