(Close Window)
Topic: Best coin trick for Street
I have lots of coin tricks, but am curious what everyone's favorite coin trick is for street? My tricks are best suited for having a table. I have been using bag4life lately.
I like a simple 3 Fly routine.
I also like making a coin vanish with a ball point pen (striking vanish). make the coin appear from the cap. Then go into Re-Capped by Greg Wilson. I like ending that version by doing a striking vanish with the cap (they are looking at my ear- I say "no, your looking in the wrong ear" so they look at my other ear. I again say "no, your still looking in the wrong ear". I then pull the pen cap from their ear. Great reactions every time.
Coins across and spellbound.I keep them with
me all the time.
Todd
Gadabout coins that incorporates Jays Sankey's Mr Clean coins across in the middle. Short sharp coin magic for an opener look up flesh pocket by Sankey again. It's basically just presentation worked around a c***k p**s but its a crowd pleaser.
Great thing about coins is that they are always around. I think impromptu magic with borrowed coins can be just as powerful as all the great gaffed stuff.
When someone asks to see a trick, I like asking them to show me the money (change in their pockets). And go into performing. So many great impromptu tricks. you can ring in an unknown coin or just use their borrowed coins. Sankey's coins across is great.
Coins are the best on the spot effect to do.
East to carry-most all have them with em.
Todd
Honestly, bite out quarter gets me better reactions than any other coin trick I've done. It's fast, visual, and just really cool. I carry it around always--if you do it, always borrow the quarter though, or else the trick is meaningless.
Coin bend. I like the closer by Morgan Strebler. Trick just makes sense to me and seems natural.
[quote]
On 2013-07-22 00:58, hypnojeff wrote:
I have lots of coin tricks, but am curious what everyone's favorite coin trick is for street? My tricks are best suited for having a table. I have been using bag4life lately.
[/quote]

Chris Capehart's favorite's on the street were Coins Across and Continuous Coins.
Coin Under Watch and a Coin Bend.
Man, Don't ya'll ever sleep? Coin in the eye, by Tommy Wonder!
Here are a few of my Favorite

Kozmo one coin routine - from his DVD
Fred Kap's Purse
Solo - The Bachelor Coin Routine by Kainoa Had bottle (penguin download)
Sankey's Mr Clean Coins Across and Cape heart coins across
Exact Change by Gregory Wilson
Coin bend (NP technique)
Coins across (TUC)

Zack Johnston

:bluebikes:
I will agree with neemdog!!
Bite coin is one of the strongest quickest and most visual tricks you can do!!
Bite Off Coin
Puncture
3 fly (shell)
4 tricks in 20 seconds with Nest Of Wallets (Einhorn)
Vanishes/Appearances (from pen cap, etc)
Bent Penny Transpo (Ammar)
Killer Key (Sankey) - using nickel
copper/silver
Sweet Surprize (coin in sugar packet)
Cigarette through quarter
For me I would have 2 say Sinful by Wayne Houchin [Borrow a soda can, a sharpie, and a coin, and have the spectator sign the coin and you slam it in the soda can and it ends up inside, the spectator can pour it out and check....and sometimes the coin is 2 big to pass through]. Only downside of it, is that it can't be done surrounded....I would love to perform a signed bend coin but I didn't purchase one yet. Also a signed coin in lemon/orange in spectator's hand would be fantastic :) !
Chinese money mistery
And the Misers Dream
I love Scotch and Soda. It always gets a great reaction when a spectator opens their own hand and finds the centavo gone and a quarter there. I fix copiers. I watched a lady I had just done the trick to while I was fixing her Xerox. She was so amused, she had a smile on her face for five whole minutes
I love Penn and Tellers version of Misers Dream, where he uses his coims to release a whole bunch of goldfish in a gimmicked tank. That was a really clever twist on a time tested illusion. Teller is actually a pretty good magician
A few of my favorites are variations of the following:

Exact Change (Greg Wilson)
Magnetic coins (?)
Pencil through coin (Dave Williamson version) with a very simple gimmick
Orient Express (Mark Mason)

KJ
Questionable trick by Gregory Wilson. Pure beautiful impromptu copper/silver transpo. Also if it's something fast then a quick coin roll into the coin that falls up usually catches them off guard. They see the coin rolling back and forth which to many impresses, then you slam them into the wall by allowing the coin to drop into the other hand and you MP it back up and continue the coin roll. Usually doing it twice is enough.
I agree with scotch and soda. I love the completely baffled smile.
I am new to coins but I really enjoy doing double deception by Mason. I do it all the time for walk around and I always try to get a scarf from a spectator. I have also used a neck tie while the spectator is still waring it.
I love Gregory Wilsons "chip on your shoulder" bit!
Although, all of his stuff is wonderful.
I performed nest of wallet with borrowed signed coin.... and then I performed a coin bending with the same signed coin.... its perfect for me....
[quote]
On Oct 25, 2013, Mr. Danny wrote:
[/quote]

Did Tommy Wonder perform the coin to eye really? I wasn't aware of it. What trick can it be found in?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone might provide.
Gabbay's 3 fly has been my favorite for the last two years.
[quote]On Apr 11, 2014, Eric Evans wrote:
[quote]
On Oct 25, 2013, Mr. Danny wrote:
[/quote]

Did Tommy Wonder perform the coin to eye really? I wasn't aware of it. What trick can it be found in?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone might provide. [/quote]

http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1646

Tmmy Wonder dvd, visions of wonder #3 .

Do yourself a favor and buy the whole set if you can afford it. Sometimes you can find it in the buy/ sell section here on the forum. It has some of the best stuff I've ever seen :)
Thanks Dollarbill!

The information you provided is very much appreciated.
Can anyone advise me.- I saw a clip on facebook last night, A coin placed on a playing card, Then the coin slowly stands up, Then the guy put a glass over the coin while its still standing. no thread ?? Have you ever seen this. many thanks, Keith- magicwalsh@gmail.com
John Kennedy used to sell a trick like that which used no thread. Very clever, but I can't remember the name at the moment or find it on the web. I have one stored away somewhere - if I run across it I'll let you know the name. Seem to recall it was a fancy sounding name that didn't immediately conjur an image of the effect.
Message: Posted by: Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse (Apr 21, 2016 11:23AM)
I agree with coins across. It's the one trick that I bring with me at all times. Also you could learn the muscle pass
[quote]On Feb 9, 2016, wally wrote:
Can anyone advise me.- I saw a clip on facebook last night, A coin placed on a playing card, Then the coin slowly stands up, Then the guy put a glass over the coin while its still standing. no thread ?? Have you ever seen this. many thanks, Keith- magicwalsh@gmail.com [/quote]

Check out "Esoteric Kennedy," for sale at Stevens Magic.
Questionbale trick-Gregory Wilson, quick copper silver transpo with dime and penny. No gimmicks. I believe it's on "Off the Cuff"
Although I've changed the presentation and handling slightly a Questionable trick is a great effect that plays really well :-)
Coin under watch is a killer
Ditch and pitch coin change vs a candy !
or a ring !! (if it happens to be the same color it can create a great WOw)
then bobo switch back to reality ;)
My favorite coin trick is a washer trick sold by Jay Sankey "Holey Moley". Sankey says it is his best selling coin trick. The basic routine gets marvelous reactions.
My coin Body-Loading routine kills in the street: https://facebook.com/debjitmagic/videos/1329449787183832
Double Deception Deluxe by far my favorite
Sinful by Wayne Houchin and Breakthrough by Johannes Mengel
I perform an impromptu Coin Body-Loading routine :) Here is my performance of it in the streets of Prague:
https://facebook.com/debjitmagic/videos/1329449787183832
[quote]On Jan 6, 2014, TCB wrote:
I love Penn and Tellers version of Misers Dream, where he uses his coims to release a whole bunch of goldfish in a gimmicked tank. That was a really clever twist on a time tested illusion. Teller is actually a pretty good magician [/quote]

My friend Teller is not a "pretty good" magician!!! He is a very well educated.skillful performer!

BTW, Teller's "Misers Dream" is NOT really a "street trick".

I have presented the coin pail up to 15 times a day when I was working a side show as a teen. It has closed my school show for about 40+ years.
Double deception deluxe and my favorite coin bending routine ox bender using there coin signature on both sides
I love Imagination coins by Garrett Tomas and a coin transposition I learned from a Gregory WIlson's Penguin Live lecture.
For lay people I would think any repeated coin vanish and reproduction sequence or a spellbound or 3 fly routine.
A simple one coin routine and some sleeving goes a long way
Joe Rindfleisch's Wave Vanish is a really visual coin vanish. Other things such as a 3 coin vanish/production, a one coin routine, and a 3-fly can be really effective too.
Message: Posted by: Mediocre the Great (Nov 13, 2019 08:17AM)
Quick Answer: Anything you do well that a larger group can see.

For me, I have a very effective Miser's Dream routine. Always gets great reactions, is a crowd stopper. You can involve multiple kids to assist (I prefer to have kids from about 6-11 yrs old) and the parents love it too!
Deciding on a coin trick really depends on when your going to use it in your routine. If you are going to use it as a draw, then you can get away with doing something smaller to make you audience have to come in tight to your edge to see. You can use that to your advantage. I do a simple coins across routine. If you are going to use it as a showcase piece, or aa piece to help build, anything big enough that you would be able to do on a stage. Misers dream is excellent. Anyway, that is just my two cents