(Close Window)
Topic: Cathy's Secret Garden - an unsolicited review
I would like to offer an unsolicited review of Paul Voodini's latest release 'Cathy's Secret Garden'. This is a relatively brief but compact manuscript offering a reading system that can be presented as an Oracle or as a psychological character test, depending upon your style and preference.

The material has some similarities to Docc Hilford's system 88 in that the sitter is invited to undertake a brief guided visualisation, placing objects in an idealised garden which come to represent the past, present and future respectively. In my experience this kind of approach leads to full engagement by the sitter who is the creator of the material which is then read. The process is eloquently described and an example reading is used as a framework for the book so that you can see immediately how this process might play out with a client. As I was working my way through the book I used myself as a test subject and was certainly impressed by the richness of the images generated-I would have been able to offer myself a full and balanced reading.

In Paul's description of the product he is keen to point out that 'Cathy's Secret Garden' has been designed with experienced readers in mind in that an intuitive ability to interpret symbolism is necessary-the book does not offer an exhaustive breakdown of each potential symbol that might arise from the sitter's imagination. However, anyone with a modicum of intelligence or a willingness to creatively interact with their own imagination will find the process simple enough to follow and will only improve over time.

I will certainly be employing the material in this manuscript to the tree readings that I already offer because I believe they complement each other beautifully. If you are someone who is already offering readings and are looking to expand the range of systems you employ or if you are someone thinking about starting to offer readings as part of your skill set, I would strongly encourage you to take a look at this booklet. It is very generously priced, clearly laid out and self-contained-you don't need to buy anything else to get started. Any fans of Enrique Enriquez' 'Invisible' series will immediately see the potential in this kind of material and I would like to thank Paul and Cathy for bringing this to our community. If you would like a copy, you'll find it here and I look forward to hearing what others think about this approach:

http://www.readerofminds.co.uk/secret_garden_51.html
Thanks for the kind review, Andy. Appreciate it.
What are my thoughts on this?

I really, really enjoyed this read!!

It has opened my eyes to a lot of wonderful approaches when reading. Cathy thoughts in here are wonderful :D

I certainly got value out of this as I can instantly add it to the things that I do. I feel this will instantly be an amazing additive to anyone's current set (no matter what arena).

I loved the book so much I have requested a special print version be made for me!!

If you are looking for a reading system that is practical, is not ridiculous and trite, adaptable and stunningly presented this is for you!!

Pete x
Ooh, thanks Pete. Glad you liked it. Coming from you, it means a lot.
Just wanted to share the wonderful artwork created for the cover by our very own (and multi-talented) Iain Dunford:

[url=http://s709.photobucket.com/user/sheffieldmagic/media/garden_zps7f3ba7bb.jpg.html][img]http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/sheffieldmagic/garden_zps7f3ba7bb.jpg[/img][/url]