(Close Window)
Topic: Mind Reading
Message: Posted by: PaulPacific (Aug 15, 2013 10:04AM)
You will all be familiar with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izKjFcoodzI
Message: Posted by: David Thiel (Aug 15, 2013 10:26AM)
Thank you, Paul. I enjoyed watching this.

David
Message: Posted by: PaulPacific (Aug 15, 2013 10:30AM)
Thank YOU, David!
Message: Posted by: george1953 (Aug 15, 2013 11:46AM)
Great spelling :)
Message: Posted by: PaulPacific (Aug 15, 2013 11:49AM)
I noticed that too but naturally I wasn't going to call him on it. ;)
Message: Posted by: Tom Jorgenson (Aug 15, 2013 12:40PM)
I can't even do TRex that fast!
Message: Posted by: Vincent V. (Aug 15, 2013 01:07PM)
That was not TREX it looked more like PCT.

I assume that you did some pre-show.
Message: Posted by: dmoses (Aug 15, 2013 01:23PM)
Haha!

Congrats Paul.

d
Message: Posted by: PaulPacific (Aug 15, 2013 01:42PM)
No pre-show. Frank Vomit (the guy behind the camera) is a member here and he will attest to that!
Message: Posted by: phillsmiff (Aug 15, 2013 03:23PM)
If you are going to just fish for methods maybe take this to Inner Thoughts?
Message: Posted by: AttnPls (Aug 15, 2013 03:28PM)
That looked flawless. Thanks for sharing Paul.
Message: Posted by: Ray Bertrand (Aug 15, 2013 03:31PM)
Nicely done Paul.

Ray
Message: Posted by: saysold1 (Aug 15, 2013 03:40PM)
That was fast and scary clean.

Between DB CT and Trex - its amazing how fast the work can be done. Everything looks exceedingly fair.
Message: Posted by: PaulPacific (Aug 15, 2013 04:18PM)
Thanks everyone! :)
Message: Posted by: bond19 (Aug 15, 2013 04:28PM)
Lighting fast.. Never saw the p**k
Message: Posted by: Amirá (Aug 15, 2013 04:29PM)
The Barefoot T**r in action

Great Paul, good mindreading process.

Best
Message: Posted by: PaulPacific (Aug 15, 2013 04:34PM)
Thanks guys!
Message: Posted by: John C (Aug 15, 2013 04:55PM)
[quote]
On 2013-08-15 17:28, bond19 wrote:
Lighting fast.. Never saw the p**k
[/quote]

P**k? What p**k?
Message: Posted by: Godzilla (Aug 15, 2013 05:46PM)
That was fast! :)
Great Job, My Brother!
And,thanks for the share!

Sadie,says hello... lol

Gary
Message: Posted by: PaulPacific (Aug 15, 2013 05:47PM)
Thanks, Gary! Keep in touch!
Message: Posted by: Godzilla (Aug 15, 2013 05:59PM)
Ha !
Now,I know what it is suppose to look like when done correctly! :)
Message: Posted by: saysold1 (Aug 15, 2013 06:09PM)
That's a cool new way to spell "Helicopter"...

Which brings up the point that even with the incorrect spelling you got what you needed without a hesitation.
Message: Posted by: PaulPacific (Aug 15, 2013 06:18PM)
Normally I instruct the person to print the name or object in ENGLISH but I took a calculated risk with Frank. Although he spelled the word incorrectly, it was still pretty clear what was on his mind.
Message: Posted by: PaulPacific (Aug 16, 2013 12:29AM)
I must confess I am rather puzzled about something...

One would assume that theoretically every person who visits this thread would watch my performance in the original post. However almost 850 people have visited this thread yet Youtube shows that just over 200 people have watched the video.

Conversely, I posted another video in this thread here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=521662&forum=2&0

Only about 150 people have visited THAT thread and yet my video has been watched over 230 times!!

What gives?!
Message: Posted by: funsway (Aug 16, 2013 03:31AM)
Is it possible that most of the "access count" on YouTube has nothing to do with actual human viewing?

WHat if the whole "magic" of YouTube is made up? Naa ....

that would mean that folks only created it to make money.
Message: Posted by: Cervier (Aug 16, 2013 05:10AM)
[quote]
PaulPacific wrote:

One would assume that theoretically every person who visits this thread would watch my performance in the original post.
[/quote]
That's where you're wrong. When I first looked at the topic, I didn't feel loke watching a video, so I moved on.
Later, I came back and tried to watch your performance, but the video "was unavailable", said YT, so I moved on.
I finished a book, saw there was nothing on TV, came back to the Café and that thread, tried to watch the video again, and then it worked.

I don't know what others did, I'm just giving my own example: I visited the thread maybe ten times and only watched your video twice (and glad I did :)
Message: Posted by: Garrette (Aug 16, 2013 06:55AM)
I'm similar to LCervier. I first came to the thread but chose not to link to the video because I rarely link to videos that lack a synopsis or some sort of substantive comment. When I returned to the thread later and saw others' comments, I broke my rule and clicked on the link. I have since returned three or four times to read more comments.

So I will add my own regarding the video itself. Exceptionally well done. I have rarely seen a better disguise of the p***
Message: Posted by: IAIN (Aug 16, 2013 06:56AM)
I visited the page a few times before clicking, and I was busy spying on LCervier through the window, seeing what he was doing...so I was kinda busy...

I'm definitely not going to refresh this page a few times now to skew the results even more...
Message: Posted by: Mindpro (Aug 16, 2013 07:22AM)
Me too. One of my pet peeves is when someone posts only a link without any description or idea of what it is (especially I this day of many posting stupid video links). I too visited this thread because it was Paul, saw it was a link and was done. Only later after revisiting the post getting an idea of what it was did I decide to view it.

Great job Paul.
Message: Posted by: Cervier (Aug 16, 2013 10:24AM)
[quote]
On 2013-08-16 07:56, IAIN wrote:
(...) I was busy spying on LCervier through the window, seeing what he was doing...(...)
[/quote]
Then you saw me cry at the meeting of this club that gathers people who are sad Santa doesn't really exist. As adults, we don't want to cry too much, we just allow ourselves a single drop; remembering the sad moment our parents told us the truth, once a year, we shed the Santa tear... Sad... ;-)
Message: Posted by: PaulPacific (Aug 16, 2013 10:29AM)
Thanks again, friends!

:D
Message: Posted by: Mindpro (Aug 16, 2013 10:39AM)
Paul, you may feel free to express your thanks by sending each of us a PM with a private link featuring a slow motion tutorial with your secrets
Message: Posted by: PaulPacific (Aug 16, 2013 10:43AM)
[quote]
On 2013-08-16 11:39, Mindpro wrote:
Paul, you may feel free to express your thanks by sending each of us a PM with a private link featuring a slow motion tutorial with your secrets
[/quote]

Lol Mindpro! ;) You guys are the best!

Sometimes, despite all the bickering and arguing that goes on in this forum, there are times when a real "brotherhood" does feel to exist. Thanks for being my friends, everyone!
Message: Posted by: matrose9 (Aug 16, 2013 03:48PM)
Crazy clean looking. nice work brother
Message: Posted by: Garrette (Aug 16, 2013 03:53PM)
[quote]
On 2013-08-16 11:43, PaulPacific wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-08-16 11:39, Mindpro wrote:
Paul, you may feel free to express your thanks by sending each of us a PM with a private link featuring a slow motion tutorial with your secrets
[/quote]

Lol Mindpro! ;) You guys are the best!

Sometimes, despite all the bickering and arguing that goes on in this forum, there are times when a real "brotherhood" does feel to exist. Thanks for being my friends, everyone!
[/quote]I have told you before that we don't bicker here, and I am getting tired of you disagreeing. If you think we bicker then present your evidence. Double blind, placebo controlled and peer reviewed, please.

Plus, Penn and Teller. That should settle it.
Message: Posted by: PaulPacific (Aug 16, 2013 03:56PM)
LOL, Garrette! ;)

Thanks. Matrose! :)
Message: Posted by: DavidG (Aug 16, 2013 04:54PM)
[quote]
On 2013-08-16 01:29, PaulPacific wrote:
I must confess I am rather puzzled about something...
Only about 150 people have visited THAT thread and yet my video has been watched over 230 times!!

What gives?!
[/quote]

There is a reason for that:
On the Caf'e, when one is watching the thread, it counts as +1.
When she comes tomorrow to watch the thread again, it is added again.

Moreover,
Your thread is a two days thread, and not it has 2 pages.
And if I go and watch the first AND the second pages, we have now +2 NEW VIEWS.

BTW, your p**k is fast as a HEllecopter...
Message: Posted by: PaulPacific (Aug 16, 2013 05:13PM)
[quote]
BTW, your p**k is fast as a HEllecopter...
[/quote]

Thanks, David!