(Close Window)
Topic: Have you seen, To-Do Voodoo by Rick Lax?
Have you seen this effect? If not, take a look here:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3578

I have posted a review here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=524982&forum=303&0

Jamie Salinas
Well I definitly don't like how he calls this an "Old mentalism trick". As to the effect it's nothing spectacular, I guess mostly for begginer/semi-advanced magician/mentalist.
Stubbs, I guess this is not for you but I definitely LOVE it. I have only gotten stunned reactions. I know of several well known mentalists who I have shared this with who feel the same way. I am not saying that you are wrong, it is just something that you may not like.

Jamie
Didn't mean any disrespect, sorry if you viewed it like that. Moslty got put off by the guy calling it a "trick" really hate when people do that
No disrespect taken here! I can understand your thoughts. I think in its raw basic form, it is not something that would excite all but I have made it great for me. I really think that this is an under rated effect that many will pass up on first glance. If it is not for you, then it is not for you. I am often asked what is the best peek wallet from magicians and my answer is simply what works best for me may not be what is best for you. It is all a matter of personal preference combined with what you are most comfortable using that looks natural. I love how this effect is simple, direct and looks like something that is not contrived with a lot of process.

Thanks for your input Stubbs!

Jamie
I have this. I don't use it. There are better more mature ways of doing this. It's an old method. No disrespect. ;)
There should never be any disrespect taken for a difference in opinion. I am interested in what are more "mature ways of doing this" is.

Thanks,

Jamie