(Close Window)
Topic: My new demo
My new demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDf-5SK9SA4

Those who own my "White Box," will recognize the final routine, which I describe in the manual.

Cheers,

e
REALLY good, now I want to go and watch your show :D
Great demo Eric. Now that you've teased us either invite us to a show or heck I'd even pay for a pay-per-view event. Would love to see more. Very nice, well done, quite effective.
That was fantastic
Very well done Sir!

Makes me want to come see you live! Get over to Leeds UK!

Cheers
Art
Wow! I didn't think you were that good!

Seriously, good stuff. Especially the drums.
J
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Sep 15, 2013 11:43AM)
I am impressed!

I loved the use of the drums! That was so cool .......

Ray
That is a wonderful promo, Eric. Beautifully done, you mind reader, you.

David
Well done! Thoroughly enjoyed...

Especially appreciated your stage presence.

Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Scott
Most enjoyable.. Most demos drag on (and are usually shorter that yours). Your demo kept me watching and engaged to the end. You possess that very difficult skill of being gentle and disarming, yet totally assured and in control. That's true stagecraft!!
Have to agree, the drums were a nice touch, well done
As always buddy, you make me smile! Great promo well done!
Excellent promo video Eric. So glad to have met up with you a few months ago so I can relate first hand to your charisma on stage.

Ray
That is great!
Great promo. I enjoyed that!
That was fantastic! I LOVED it when you said "Clearly". Really quick wit and great stage presence Eric.
You are like the Jeff Daniels of mentalism.
James
That was fantastic! I LOVED it when you said "Clearly". Really quick wit and great stage presence Eric.
You are like the Jeff Daniels of mentalism.
James
That is Great,Eric !
I went Ha!,outloud when you did the drums! :)
I liked this a lot. So much that it made me look up your site to learn more about you. It's a great site. But I was puzzled when I looked at the demo video you've got there because I liked it even better! By a lot. Is this new one just to have one that's more strictly entertainment oriented? Will it have a final edit with some of those great testimonials added in? I really loved everything about you and your site, so I hope I'm not sounding critical. I'm just really curious where you're going with this new demo. Hope it's OK I said all this publicly.
Appreciate all the feedback, Gents!

Bill, your suspicion about the new demo is accurate. This was intended for (mostly public) stage shows, which I've started to do more of.
My main site is designed for clients of my keynote presentations and corporate entertainment services.

I began working with a promoter who didn't feel that that my public stage show was properly represented by the existing demo (and site).
So, the new demo will become the focus of an Entertainment/Stage Show - focused site that will be an option from a new landing page that I hope to have ready within the next couple of weeks.

Cheers,

e
That was a great demo - thanks for sharing.
WOW. That promo was fantastic.
AWESOME!!!

I love that Phil Collins tune.

That was fun. Hey were you doing Mona Lisa at the beginning?

I agree with the idea of promoting the the stage show, especially with those superb testimonials.

Really nice - now I have to start using that beautiful white box BUT I now need an ES drum set.
What a great promo vid! Nice one mate.

You have wonderful stage presence.

I also don't know of many others who would be willing to cart around a full drum kit for ONE reveal... Should you ever tire of loading in a drum kit...
you could swap it out for a slide whistle, and change the song to 'Groove is in the heart'. ;)

Great job!
[quote]
On 2013-09-15 11:54, Art Vanderlay wrote:
Very well done Sir!

Makes me want to come see you live! Get over to Leeds UK!

Cheers
Art
[/quote]

Yup!
Eric -- I absolutely [i]loved[/i] the use of music in an effect. Can I assume from the array of instruments on stage that this is plays a sizeable role your show? I've been thinking a lot lately about mixing music and mentalism, and I'm curious to see more of what you do with the combination... Any other videos out there?
Excellent promo! Gotta love those drums!
So good! Would love to see you perform in NY sometime!
Just to clarify, I don't cart around a kit to every gig ;)

As I've posted here before, I look for every opportunity to do something unique when conditions allow.
In this circumstance, I was booked to perform in a beautiful recording studio that is also a live music venue.
During a site visit, the studio manager asked if it would be okay to leave the Grand piano on stage for my show.
That triggered the idea....if a piano would be perceived as 'organic' in the venue, then why not a drum set?
So, I had a kit set-up for the gig (I played drums for a living for a while when I was much younger).

But the more important point that I always ask myself, is this (and it's a chapter in the book that I've been working on this year):
what can I bring from my own life experience, including seemingly unrelated skills, to make my show more entertaining and unique?

Cheers,

e

As I've posted here before, I look for every opportunity to do something unique when conditions allow.
In this circumstance, I was booked to perform in a beautiful recording studio that is also a live music venue.
During a site visit, the studio manager asked if it would be okay to leave the Grand piano on stage for my show.
That triggered the idea....if a piano would be perceived as 'organic' in the venue, then why not a drum set?
So, I had a kit set-up for the gig (I played drums for a living for a while when I was much younger).

But the more important point that I always ask myself, is this (and it's a chapter in the book that I've been working on this year):
what can I bring from my own life experience, including seemingly unrelated skills, to make my show more entertaining and unique?

Cheers,

e
Brilliant Promo----Love your style---Well done!
Great promo--the "safe word" bit was brilliant.
+++ we got a small taste of his medallion routine!
This is why I love Eric. Fantastic job, entertaining, poised, credible. And yes, I recognized the bit from the White Box manual. Excellent promo.

Best,

Atlas
I have to say that I really am delighted for you, Eric. I came round to watch this again. You could not have possibly done a better job. Superb.

What was the process?

David
[quote]
On 2013-09-16 15:39, eSamuels wrote:

Cheers,

e

[/quote]Great demo, Eric. I loved the way the drum reveal tied into the closing of the demo. Really classy stuff.
Loved 100% of your video! Great!!
Eric, that was wonderful. The drums are a powerful, unique reveal. Bravo!
As a fellow drummer (OK ex drummer) I loved the final reveal.
But I loved the whole thing.
Just a great promo.

Steve
Great promo!
Great promo! I liked the ending very much! Dum dum du dum du dum du dum dum! Very good!
Makes me want to STEAL .... and that's awesome!!!! :cheers:
I wish there was a way for me to see a full performance... I think I could learn a lot from your performance style. I really like it, from the bits I saw in the demo
Outstanding, sir :)