(Close Window)
Topic: Paralabs "Secret Impressions" Book - Favorite Routines?
I have owned this superb book (Secret Impressions - Mentalism Charity Project) since Rainer & Thomas released it some years ago and have found it to be a wonderful addition to my library of knowledge. It is packed with great routines and also recommendations for anyone using an imp device of any kind. http://www.paralabs.org/charity/

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=484978&forum=303

If you don't own this incredible gem I believe that it is still available as a paperback - highly recommended...

Does anyone have a favorite routine within the book - and why you like it/are you using it for performance?
It's a great book indeed and I highly recommend it.

A bit of explanation as to why I NEVER answer questions about favorite effects that I've found in books that I use in my performances- it's simply because I don't want to encourage anyone else to do the same effects that I'm currently using.

It seems to me that we are in an era when just about everyone does the same popular effects. I recently got a good laugh when someone posted that every mentalism act needs a "good PIN number reveal." Kind of like saying that every singer needs to include a good version of (pick your favorite song).

Good thoughts,

Bob
[quote]
On 2013-09-28 11:47, mastermindreader wrote:

It seems to me that we are in an era when just about everyone does the same popular effects. I recently got a good laugh when someone posted that every mentalism act needs a "good PIN number reveal." Kind of like saying that every singer needs to include a good version of (pick your favorite song).

[/quote]

Ironic, since my PIN on the keypad is the numerical translation of the song title, "Volare", which I sing at the end of every act. So should everyone.
[quote]
On 2013-09-28 11:47, mastermindreader wrote:
It's a great book indeed and I highly recommend it.

A bit of explanation as to why I NEVER answer questions about favorite effects that I've found in books that I use in my performances- it's simply because I don't want to encourage anyone else to do the same effects that I'm currently using.

Good thoughts,

Bob

[/quote]

Well the master has spoken!

Just buy the book and enjoy all the goodies within it's covers.

I'm trying to get my mind off of the healthcare thread Bob as you know lol.
Yes I do. LOL. NVMS is a dark hole that can easily consume the unwary visitor.