(Close Window)
Topic: C0DEX V3NEFICIUM
A few weeks ago, two guys did a bizarre magic lecture at the local SAM meeting. Everything they did was fantastic! One of the guys performed an incredible effect with an old book, and the magician he performed it for was literally brought to tears! After the lecture, I approached him in regards to the book and he told me it was actually a product he had developed. Apparently, he had made it for himself and after people caught wind of it they asked him to make some for them, so he decided to do a really limited release online. I gave him my email and he said he’d let me know as soon as they were available.

They are now available at http://www.codex-arcana.com in themajor arcana section. They look so beautiful in person and for it to make a fellow magician cry says a lot. He had the magician/spectator think of someone of importance to him that has passed away (one of the darker routines that can be done) and proceeded to, with nothing written or spoken (book-test style), reveal information about his loved one. He was “drawn” to one fortune in the book. After he read it, Joe (the spectator) started getting teary-eyed. When he revealed not only the accurate reading about the person but then their date of birth as well, the tears started flowing and afterwards that guy put in an order for one, too.

Mine just got to me and I couldn’t be happier. They’re all handmade and look really nice. The artwork on the pages is great, too.
Check this out...You'll be glad you did.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Sep 30, 2013 11:27PM)
I like what I see here. I never heard of it but sounds great!

To make people cry is a strong routine.

Best
Ray
Message: Posted by: jesse_james_mcguire (Oct 1, 2013 12:27AM)
Wow, this looks great! Friday can't come soon enough, haha. I'll be placing multiple bizarre orders with that paycheck and this will be one of them.
That looks amazing. I would love to save that one for that occasional drunk guy in the group whos showing his ass. Drop a nasty death date on him and send him out the door.
Looks to be a nice prop, a bit expensive for an impulse buy, must admit I am temptd though.
I took the plunge, couldn't help myself. Will give it a review when it arrives.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 1, 2013 06:07AM)
Not a book test but something that touches someone's emotions. Now that is interesting.

I bet this would plays big, but it might be difficult asking someone to think of someone that they cared about who had pass.....

No wonder people gets teary eyed.

I am so close to buying this. I wonder how many there are.

Best
Ray
I will be waiting at the Gallows for your review Brynmore13!
Message: Posted by: jesse_james_mcguire (Oct 1, 2013 03:41PM)
I couldn't wait until friday so I went ahead and ordered. Can't wait to get it
This looks very, very good. I want to make people cry.
Have my wallet at my finger tips, waiting for your review Brynmore13. No pressure or anything...
I am curious how big cold Rd techniques play on this vs. how much is done by design. Whats the learning curve and reliability of the item to give me something to present, even if its a bail out, if the Cld Rd goes bad. I hope your review comes before I have money in my account. My impulse is always "buy now". I have a lot of trouble remembering that look and leap are not the same thing. My honest first reaction is that parts of this go to far but my ego usually !@#$% slaps that thought and demands ownership.
Zoopdog,

cold reading is only optional. I'm not an expert cold reader myself, so I don't use it in my performances. the "reading" you give about their thought of person, or of the spectator themselves, is written in the book for you. you just read the fortune at their date aloud, either before or after revealing the date through one of the many ideas explained (tying a pendulum to the ribbon inside the book is a nice touch, and th***wr***rs create the most ridiculous effect ever in conjunction with this).

as far as this going too far, that's all optional. most of the time I just perform it to a spectator and reveal THEIR date of birth. sometimes, thanks to th***wr***rs, I show that, on the inside cover of the book has been written for who knows how many decades their exact date of birth, down to the year, even!

the loved one routine is only for darker settings, maybe even for seances. instead, you can just have them think of a living relative or friend if you'd like, as opposed to a deceased one. personally, I find that revealing the spectator's date of birth is more than strong enough.

as far as death date goes, I've only revealed that one time. to someone who, out of the blue after me revealing their date or birth, asked me if it can tell us his date of death. I told him that it could, but I didn't recommend it. he insisted. I told him a date and he was very satisfied. this is all covered in the light vs dark essay of the instructions. revealing someone's date of death is not recommended, especially when they're absolutely convinced of the book's powers

thanks for your interest!
Learning curve-wise, it's very simple to pick up and you'll be able to do it the very same day.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 2, 2013 12:01AM)
What a strange book and I mean that in a good way.

I am liking it more and more
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 2, 2013 08:13AM)
Well, what can I say?

I just bought it.......

Ray
Will this be limited ?

And,if so,how many ?

Waiting,for reviews...
It said 100 copies only on the site.
Although the website does say "limited quantities", it does not specify. I can tell you, though, that only 50 were printed and the majority is gone. Once they're gone, I'll make 50 more, and that will be it forever.

So, MrWall is correct- even though I don't know how he found that out :)

Thanks for your interest!
Thanks,Bobby ! I was guessing at 100,but did not see anything on site,so why I asked...
And,wanted to make sure I had time to order and get one! :)

~G
Strange, I was sure I read it somewhere.. Maybe I'm psychic after all. Who needs the book? :)

Bryn.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 2, 2013 06:29PM)
There are so many things that can be done with the idea around this book. What I mean is that you can add on to the book by doing other things. If you have been talking about a passed one, (I will not go into detail) then something as simply as The Bridge could be used to extend the process. Or another psychic things.

The more that I think about the theme of this book, I can see other things that would turn this into an amazing item.

Ray
[quote]
On 2013-10-02 15:57, MrWall wrote:
Strange, I was sure I read it somewhere.. Maybe I'm psychic after all. Who needs the book? :)

Bryn.
[/quote]

That is actually very strange. I'm certain I didn't post it anywhere. Because you win the "guess how many books" contest that doesn't exist, send me a PM and I'll give you your prize :)
As of right now, all orders who received the email stating that their orders will ship within 24 hours (the first ten orderers) have shipped! All others, keep checking your email!
[quote]
On 2013-10-02 22:10, bobbyhasbun wrote:
[quote]

Bryn.
[/quote]

That is actually very strange. I'm certain I didn't post it anywhere. Because you win the "guess how many books" contest that doesn't exist, send me a PM and I'll give you your prize :)
[/quote]

Maybe I dreamed it. 100 does seem de rigueur with limited edition books so maybe it was that. Not knocking it, far from it. I like the idea that certain items are collectible.

I'm all over that. Do I win a book that doesn't exist as well? Cool. How limited edition would that be..? Ha :)

Bryn.
[quote]
On 2013-10-03 05:03, MrWall wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-10-02 22:10, bobbyhasbun wrote:
[quote]

Bryn.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe I dreamed it. 100 does seem de rigueur with limited edition books so maybe it was that. Not knocking it, far from it. I like the idea that certain items are collectible.

I'm all over that. Do I win a book that doesn't exist as well? Cool. How limited edition would that be..? Ha :)

Bryn.

[/quote] No non-existent book, but a discount if you decide to order one! We can work something out if you already have ordered one... Let me know.
Nooooo. I was holding out my cash for Doppleganger, but this looks very interesting indeed also. My powers are weakening..
Very kind my friend, I will PM you when I can distract the missus and throw her off the scent. :)

Bryn.
I think you should give Godzilla,a discount! :)
His first post,created about ten bumps on this thread,including this one ! lol
All instructions (a 17 page PDF) are being sent out within the next 48 hours. Check your spam folders if they aren't showing up, otherwise pm or email me.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 3, 2013 10:08PM)
Well doggy!

That is cool to know.

Ray
Message: Posted by: jesse_james_mcguire (Oct 4, 2013 05:05AM)
I already got mine! That didn't take long to get to me.. Man is bobby on the ball or what.. Thanks for the great book test sir!
Message: Posted by: jesse_james_mcguire (Oct 4, 2013 05:06AM)
I already got mine! That didn't take long to get to me.. Man is bobby on the ball or what.. Thanks for the great book test sir!
I think I speak for almost everyone awaiting to pull the trigger on this.. REVIEW!! :)

Bryn.
I would like to have the Latin version of the book.
[quote]
On 2013-10-04 06:17, MrWall wrote:
I think I speak for almost everyone awaiting to pull the trigger on this.. REVIEW!! :)

Bryn.
[/quote]

I second that. Even though I already jumped the gun and ordered mine, a review would still be nice!
Message: Posted by: jesse_james_mcguire (Oct 4, 2013 09:28AM)
My thoughts on this

visually speaking, it's beautiful. Lots of nice filigree and fonts; the snake page is haunting my eyes! The aging is very nice. It looks very believably old and sun-stained. As far as the method goes: BRILLIANT. It's probably what most people are expecting; it's what I expected. But, it's so well disguised that you can have them go through the short "process" that tells YOU the info, NOT reveal their thought of date, and they'd still be totally satisfied. It's the only application of this classic method that's THAT justified; they actually want to do it because there's a good reason to go through and do it and they get something out of it. Great, great, great!
[quote]
On 2013-10-04 10:28, jesse_james_mcguire wrote:
My thoughts on this

visually speaking, it's beautiful. Lots of nice filigree and fonts; the snake page is haunting my eyes! The aging is very nice. It looks very believably old and sun-stained. As far as the method goes: BRILLIANT. It's probably what most people are expecting; it's what I expected. But, it's so well disguised that you can have them go through the short "process" that tells YOU the info, NOT reveal their thought of date, and they'd still be totally satisfied. It's the only application of this classic method that's THAT justified; they actually want to do it because there's a good reason to go through and do it and they get something out of it. Great, great, great!
[/quote] I'm glad you like it! Let me
Know if you have any questions!
Message: Posted by: jesse_james_mcguire (Oct 5, 2013 04:31AM)
So I performed this today for the first time.. (It's really easy to do if you know the method.)
only thing I added was using a peak to get a name so I could reveal a name, date, ect..
I will admit that my performance was not that great due to only giving this a test run on a coworker at lunch, so I was pressed for time.. This is an effect that can take up to 15 min if you do it correctly.. Mostly I would like to stress I feel this is not a Magic Trick...This is real deal, and you need to do it slowly and have some added cold reading skills to really kill with it..

to make a long story short.. My performance sucked but the reveal of the information had my coworker call me the devil and ask me all day long how the hell I got all the info.. Now he thinks I have been data mining on him..

Also I have been doing witches Alm since it appeared, and have never had as strong of a reaction, so I'm ditching witches.

I wish you wouldn't have put this out bobby.. And sorry this post has no format or structure but I'm at work trying to not get caught on the Café.... Speed typing!
Thanks for sharing, I'm more excited about this now.
[quote]
On 2013-10-05 05:31, jesse_james_mcguire wrote:
So I performed this today for the first time.. (It's really easy to do if you know the method.)
only thing I added was using a peak to get a name so I could reveal a name, date, ect..
I will admit that my performance was not that great due to only giving this a test run on a coworker at lunch, so I was pressed for time.. This is an effect that can take up to 15 min if you do it correctly.. Mostly I would like to stress I feel this is not a Magic Trick...This is real deal, and you need to do it slowly and have some added cold reading skills to really kill with it..

to make a long story short.. My performance sucked but the reveal of the information had my coworker call me the devil and ask me all day long how the hell I got all the info.. Now he thinks I have been data mining on him..

Also I have been doing witches Alm since it appeared, and have never had as strong of a reaction, so I'm ditching witches.

I wish you wouldn't have put this out bobby.. And sorry this post has no format or structure but I'm at work trying to not get caught on the Café.... Speed typing!
[/quote] thanks for the kind words. However, witches almanac is an incredible, beautiful prop and I use it occasionally. They're two totally different things and it's not fair to compare. I'm very happy you got a good reaction, though!!!
[quote]
On 2013-10-05 06:42, bobbyhasbun wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-10-05 05:31, jesse_james_mcguire wrote:

[/quote] thanks for the kind words. However, witches almanac is an incredible, beautiful prop and I use it occasionally. They're two totally different things and it's not fair to compare. I'm very happy you got a good reaction, though!!!
[/quote] As far as the cold reading skills, it's nice but really not necessary. The book provides the cold reading for you!
What size is the book?
~Gavin
[quote]
On 2013-10-05 11:49, Mr.Skin wrote:
What size is the book?
~Gavin
[/quote] The book is just about 6in by 9in. Thank you for your interest!
I've read and re-read the guide while waiting for the book to arrive. This is pure gold!

My copy of Codex V should be here soon. Very excited about this and will certainly be putting it to work!

Beautiful by itself but will make my performance/reading with Christian Chelman's Zodiac a breeze with no fishing.

Andre
I have to ask,is it similar to any other bizarre product we may already own?
Not,asking any methods or reveals! A simple Yes or No...
[quote]
On 2013-10-05 14:49, Godzilla wrote:
I have to ask,is it similar to any other bizarre product we may already own?
Not,asking any methods or reveals! A simple Yes or No...
[/quote]

I must emphasize that I have only studied the PDF thouroughly without the book but I think the simple answer is yes AND no!

It is a classic method but obscured and disguised better than ever before.

As someone mentioned before, you can have them go through the "process" that gives you the info and NOT reveal the info. It can just end there. They can just read their fortune.

That's how justified and satisfying to the spectator the process would be, in my estimation, but it's open to so much more as the beginning of a cold read.

Andre
Thank you for the reply,Andre!
I asked as for a Bizarre product,not to keep it open as,Mentalism!

Gary
[quote]
On 2013-10-05 15:49, Godzilla wrote:
Thank you for the reply,Andre!
I asked as for a Bizarre product,not to keep it open as,Mentalism!

Gary
[/quote] Gary: Andre is absolutely right in his answer and his answer applies to both mentalism AND bizarre. This book can be presented as either one, anyway, depending on your presentation.
Thanks,Bobby!
When,WA was mentioned above,it turned my thoughts to others!

Best!
[quote]
On 2013-10-05 16:04, Godzilla wrote:
Thanks,Bobby!
When,WA was mentioned above,it turned my thoughts to others!

Best!
[/quote] WA is great and has a great method. However, the two books are in no way related in method OR effect.
Couldn't stand it any longer and so, ordered. Just in time for Halloween too.
[quote]
On 2013-10-01 23:34, ZoOpDoG wrote:
I am curious how big cold Rd techniques play on this vs. how much is done by design. Whats the learning curve and reliability of the item to give me something to present, even if its a bail out, if the Cld Rd goes bad. I hope your review comes before I have money in my account. My impulse is always "buy now". I have a lot of trouble remembering that look and leap are not the same thing. My honest first reaction is that parts of this go to far but my ego usually !@#$% slaps that thought and demands ownership.
[/quote]

I don't know yet how much CR can be applied to this particular test but Knepper's Compley Cold solved the problem of when there are a few misses in a row. Sometimes you just cannot ignore the misses. Anyway, glad this book test doesn't rely only on CR skill to be effective.
I don't think this would be classified as a book test. I don't believe that is the intent.

It is more like a tool that can be used as a revelation, a cold reading or something dark as in the revelation of a dead loved one's birthday, or darker still if you dare to predict a death date (which I find too over the top to even consider).

Andre
[quote]
On 2013-10-05 23:52, Andre Hagen wrote:
I don't think this would be classified as a book test. I don't believe that is the intent.

It is more like a tool that can be used as a revelation, a cold reading or something dark as in the revelation of a dead loved one's birthday, or darker still if you dare to predict a death date (which I find too over the top to even consider).

Andre
[/quote] You're absolutely right about the book test thing. I agree about the death date thing, but you'd be surprised how often after revealing someone's birthdate they assume the book can tell you their date of death. Most of the time, I say that legend has it that it CAN but I have yet to discover how the book has it.. Once, a guy literally wouldn't let me leave until I told him.... He was CONVINCED.
I am half way through the manual and I liked the method a lot! Simple yet every action is justifiable. I have been looking for an effect to reveal someone's bday for sometime. There are quite a number of mentalism effects that does just that but they just don't fit my style. This really lands well with horoscopes too if you are into horoscopes like me. Once you know the person's birthday, you may choose not to reveal it first, but proceed on to a horoscope effect if you wished, or simply reveal the traits of the person's sign and then finished with the revelation of the person's date of birth.

And now.. the inevitable wait.
[quote]
On 2013-10-05 15:38, Andre Hagen wrote:

It is a classic method but obscured and disguised better than ever before.

Andre
[/quote]

I agree completely.

I also think the "hands on" participation by the spectator really pulls them into the effect and gets them mentally and emotionally involved.
I know someone got me this as a gift. Does the manual come with the book or is it something that is emailed (like a PDF)? It would be cool to already know how it works when I get it. Family members are always wanting to know what to get me and this was one of the items I had mentioned. Since I do all of the computer fixes and setup at my house I can see the email that it was ordered. If the directions are emailed in a PDF I will go ahead and download it. If they come with the book I will just have to wait until my new favorite gift giver presents it to me.
[quote]
On 2013-10-06 12:42, ZoOpDoG wrote:
I know someone got me this as a gift. Does the manual come with the book or is it something that is emailed (like a PDF)? It would be cool to already know how it works when I get it. Family members are always wanting to know what to get me and this was one of the items I had mentioned. Since I do all of the computer fixes and setup at my house I can see the email that it was ordered. If the directions are emailed in a PDF I will go ahead and download it. If they come with the book I will just have to wait until my new favorite gift giver presents it to me.
[/quote] thanks for the kind words on the method, everyone!! zoopdog, all PDFs will finish sending today. There is a revision being made and I will resend it to everyone on Monday. PM me your personal email and ill send it.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 6, 2013 02:28PM)
[/quote] thanks for the kind words on the method, everyone!! zoopdog, all PDFs will finish sending today. There is a revision being made and I will resend it to everyone on Monday. PM me your personal email and ill send it.
[/quote]

I bet there will be a few more revisions once we all get the PDF and book. I already have a GOOD idea how I will expand on this.

Best
Ray
[quote]
On 2013-10-06 15:28, Magical Dimensions wrote:

[/quote]

I bet there will be a few more revisions once we all get the PDF and book. I already have a GOOD idea how I will expand on this.

Best
Ray
[/quote] It's so open to routines and creativity that ill publish a second guide with everyone's ideas! It'll be free for all owners of the book. Send any ideas to my email and I'll begin compiling!
Ok, I'm in. Sounds too good to pass up and grandma doesn't really need her medication. :)
Now, for the waiting.
~Gavin
[quote]
On 2013-10-06 20:24, Mr.Skin wrote:
Ok, I'm in. Sounds too good to pass up and grandma doesn't really need her medication. :)
Now, for the waiting.
~Gavin
[/quote] Poor grandma! Haha. The waiting shouldn't be too bad, I just finished the first step of aging your book. Just an FYI to everyone: There are only a handful of books left. After that, the second half will be released but it'll take a week or two for the books to be made (they're hand made). THEN I will age them (another 6-8 days). I'll have a preorder option on the site at the point when these run out. The next batch is just another batch, they'll be IDENTICAL. These will
not be a second edition but the second batch of the same edition. No difference whatsoever.
[quote]
On 2013-10-04 06:05, jesse_james_mcguire wrote:
[/quote]

But it's NOT a "Book Test". . . it's a book with magickle powers and the ability to discern personal information and potentially even more (based on how the ad reads).

Book Tests involve you knowing information on a given page randomly chosen; a clairvoyant type challenge in most instances.

I've yet to see this book and I find it refreshing that Bobby is limiting the number released, I wish more people would work this way (provided they send me a copy of the really cool stuff). I do several different birthday & zodiac type routines and hope to add this one to the mix but for my Seance programs.
[quote]
On 2013-10-07 01:51, Bard wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-10-04 06:05, jesse_james_mcguire wrote:
[/quote]

But it's NOT a "Book Test". . . it's a book with magickle powers and the ability to discern personal information and potentially even more (based on how the ad reads).

Book Tests involve you knowing information on a given page randomly chosen; a clairvoyant type challenge in most instances.

I've yet to see this book and I find it refreshing that Bobby is limiting the number released, I wish more people would work this way (provided they send me a copy of the really cool stuff). I do several different birthday & zodiac type routines and hope to add this one to the mix but for my Seance programs.
[/quote] I think people are used to calling effects with books "book tests", but you're right. It's not a book test at all.
My My My...There is so much positive talk around this book that I could not wait any longer! Every day, twice or more a day somebody is saying how wonderful this book is! All this is more that I can bare! Like a wounded animal I pounced and ordered my own copy! Now the trouble is that I have to wait yet again! Wait for it to be aged than wait for it to be shipped to the UK. This is all too much!! I can't do the waiting game any more! lets hope they will hurry up and send the book before I have a nervous break down!
I am hoping to write a review soon after I will get it.
Cheers for now
Roni
[quote]
On 2013-10-07 03:52, Roni wrote:
My My My...There is so much positive talk around this book that I could not wait any longer! Every day, twice or more a day somebody is saying how wonderful this book is! All this is more that I can bare! Like a wounded animal I pounced and ordered my own copy! Now the trouble is that I have to wait yet again! Wait for it to be aged than wait for it to be shipped to the UK. This is all too much!! I can't do the waiting game any more! lets hope they will hurry up and send the book before I have a nervous break down!
I am hoping to write a review soon after I will get it.
Cheers for now
Roni
[/quote] Thanks for the kind words, Roni! That means a lot coming from you. Your order is in the process of aging. I have 6-8 days on the website but I try to do it much quicker for everyone.
[quote]
On 2013-10-07 00:24, bobbyhasbun wrote:
The waiting shouldn't be too bad, I just finished the first step of aging your book.
[/quote]
:)

Should I be looking for the PDF already or do you send that after you ship the book?

~Gavin
[quote]
On 2013-10-07 10:35, Mr.Skin wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-10-07 00:24, bobbyhasbun wrote:
The waiting shouldn't be too bad, I just finished the first step of aging your book.
[/quote]
:)

Should I be looking for the PDF already or do you send that after you ship the book?

~Gavin
[/quote] I'm revising it with a great idea by a customer and Ill have them all sent out later today!
If you're not carefully, you're going to win the award for best customer service in magic.
~Gavin
[quote]
On 2013-10-07 11:20, Mr.Skin wrote:
If you're not carefully, you're going to win the award for best customer service in magic.
~Gavin
[/quote] That would be a wonderful award to win! :) Glad you're happy. Revised PDFs going out later today to every paid customer.
All revised PDFs have been sent. If you have ordered and not recieved it, check your spam folders. Otherwise, send me a PM or email me at bobbyhasbun@yahoo.com
I have received it. Reading through it I understand why magicians are raving about this book. I think I'll buy 2 so I can perform it in Stereo :)
Did I say I can't wait? That was such a long time ago...
Cheers
Roni
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 8, 2013 04:47AM)
I have read the instruction three times and am REALLY digging this. As others have already said, this is not a book test, it is something much greater. OH, the stories that can be told about this strange living book. Yes, I said living book. I have never seen anything like this. The sitter don't just look through the book of knowing, they become one with it. They connect in an amazing way that if framed correctly, would put a little chill up their spine.

This book of the beginning and end of a sitters life screams to be taken seriously by those lucky enough to interact with the pages. I can see that palmistry, the pendulum and numerology becoming a MAJOR event when used with this mystery tome from days best forgotten. That is, if one wanted to include these tools to enhance the ambience of the sitter's experience.

I even thought of a little add on to include so that the sitter feels safe from any evil force that the book might contain.

Best
Ray
Thanks so much Roni and Ray! I spent such a long time developing this that it means a lot to hear that!
Hey Bobby, I sent you a PM with questions, please respond to it when you can! thanks!
Hey Bobby, I sent you a PM with questions, please respond to it when you can! thanks!
[quote]
On 2013-10-08 10:42, Mind illusionist wrote:
[/quote] PM sent. Thanks for your interest.
This looks and sounds fantastic! Too good an opportunity to miss out on, I think. Plus I've been hearing some very positive things about it from other performers, seems to be creating a bit of a stir - in the best possible sense! :)
[quote]
On 2013-10-08 18:43, Voodini wrote:
This looks and sounds fantastic! Too good an opportunity to miss out on, I think. Plus I've been hearing some very positive things about it from other performers, seems to be creating a bit of a stir - in the best possible sense! :)
[/quote] That means a lot coming from you, Paul. Thanks!!
Mr. Voodini
I am waiting for my copy of the book! Or better still I can't wait any longer.........
Cheers Paul
Roni
[quote]
On 2013-10-09 17:53, Roni wrote:
Mr. Voodini
I am waiting for my copy of the book! Or better still I can't wait any longer.........
Cheers Paul
Roni
[/quote]
Hey Roni - are you waiting for a book from me? Let me know. I sent you the Victorian Academy of Magick book months ago! Or is it this book you're waiting for?? :)
Thanks Bobby! I couldn't resist anymore and put my order in too! And another PM when you have the time haha
Woot, well that is at least two going to Oz. From the east coast to the west coast baby.
That's 3 in Australia now; you guys rock!
If anyone sucks at maths like I do and wants to get some practice in before the book arrives,

http://www.random.org/dice/?num=5

Sixes and repeated numbers are ignored, fives are also ignored for the months so in the case of the link above the dice rolls are

4, 6, 3, 6, 6. So 4 (8) plus 3 (4) = 12 (Dec).

Another roll 2, 1, 2, 5, 2. So 2 plus 1 plus 5 (16) = 19.

Does that make sense?
Opening the package with my copy of Codex V was like meeting an old friend, as I had read and re-read the PDF several times before it arrived. I was immediately struck by the excellent aged appearance...not too much or too little, but just the right amount for believability.

Discovering a spectator's exact date of birth surreptitiously is something of a holy grail for a mentalist or a cold reader. I've used different methods from Christian Chelman's Zodiac to Chris Hare's Birthday Detector and though all are very good, Bobby Hasbun's codex V is my new personal favorite. He has taken an old method and made its workings virtually invisible as well as interesting to the spectator.

There are so many possibilities in its use. Some are dark while others involve only a simple revelation. I want to present it as an interesting old book and have them go through the process, read and comment on the fortunes presented and then put it away and only then take out the cards and begin a reading. I can do the birthdate reveal as a finale to the read long after the book has been hidden away and any garden path forgotten.

I still love my beautiful aged Zodiac Chart screen-printed on canvas, but I no longer have to fish for the date or try to read marked cards to get the date. (I've tried so many marked decks but all are difficult to read and I much prefer readings by candlelight anyway).

Do I really need my Zodiac Chart anymore? Certainly not to find the birthdate, but its use adds much charm and combined with Codex V enhances the presentation for the sitter and I can let them shuffle the cards and lay them out themselves!

But this is just my personal method and each user will have his personal reasons for loving this book's straightforward and innocent approach to achieving its end. However you choose to use it (and there are so many suggestions in the PDF) it is truly a utility item and in my work will see much use!

This is another one of those items you wish you had exclusively to yourself, but since Bobby Hasbun has decided to release it I can only say buy it while it is still available.

Andre
Mine arrived too today.

Its wonderful!

I won't go into detail as everyone else has praised it - this one has tons of potential.... as it can be used anywhere pretty much (well maybe not underwater...maybe)
Andre and Dr Spektor: thank you both so much for the kind words. I'm so happy that you guys enjoy the book as much as I do!

The books are now out of stock! The first 50 have been sold. If you're interested in buying a copy, reserve yours right away at http://www.codex-arcana.com before they sell out! I'm having the next 25 made as of two days ago. They should be in my hands and ready to age in 8-12 days.
...preordered...
With a recommendation from Dr. Spektor, I have just ordered my copy...really looking forward to receiving it!

Paul Mc.
[quote]
On 2013-10-10 11:10, bobbyhasbun wrote:
That's 3 in Australia now; you guys rock!
[/quote]

No worries Bobby! Cant wait till it arrives now!!
Bobby,
Don't make anymore!!!! I want to be alone with this book! Did you send my book?
Roni
[quote]
On 2013-10-12 09:44, Roni wrote:
Bobby,
Don't make anymore!!!! I want to be alone with this book! Did you send my book?
Roni
[/quote] Buy them all, then! :) As far as your order status, I just pm'd you
Durn it, I wasn't going to break down and buy it, but I have. Looking forward to receiving it. (And I understand they are being prepared, so, no rush.)
[quote]
On 2013-10-13 01:07, gypsyfish wrote:
Durn it, I wasn't going to break down and buy it, but I have. Looking forward to receiving it. (And I understand they are being prepared, so, no rush.)
[/quote] I'm glad you decided to when you did; they're going fast! I will keep you updated on the status of your order (this applies to all pre-orderers).
Glad I got in on the first batch; should be shipping soon! This was a total impulse buy for me (read this thread once and decided I had to have it), but looks to be a real worker. Thanks Bobby, and everyone who gave early reviews!
I believe mine is in the hopper, or (better yet) in the mail!! :)
I believe mine has not been made,yet! :)
[quote]
On 2013-10-13 16:32, afinemesh wrote:
[/quote] Yessir :)
[quote]
On 2013-10-13 16:39, Godzilla wrote:
I believe mine has not been made,yet! :)
[/quote] As soon as yours is ordered it will be made. Godzilla has reserved the final copy for himself :)
All gone, cool! ;)
[quote]
On 2013-10-13 16:50, bobbyhasbun wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-10-13 16:32, afinemesh wrote:
[/quote] Yessir :)
[/quote]

Hot dam! ;)
I do not think they are all sold,yet!
I told Bobby,I wanted the last one...way back when! :)
[quote]
On 2013-10-13 17:20, afinemesh wrote:
All gone, cool! ;)
[/quote] Haha, sorry about that. I worded that wrong. He reserved the final copy but there are still plenty available. He reserved it on day 1. As long as the option to buy is still available on the site, they're not sold out.
OK, my bad!
I just ordered mine, great service so far from Bobby, the books has to be made, looks like he was too successful with this routine, I did got the pdf almost instantly, what a great method.
Clever guy
Just got finished reading the manual, very cool. . .
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 14, 2013 01:36AM)
Hello guys,

First I want to say that this book is so easy to preform. Simple and straight to the point. I really love the method of how you obtain the information. This is the kind of thinking that set this book apart from book test! It really is in a class of it's own.....

Now for the reason that I am writing. ...... I am going to make a few cloths with different markings to be used with this book. I have already told Bobby about all the ideas I have, well most of them.....he is OK with what I am going to say.

I am thinking of using Osnaburg cloth with a darker cloth as a backing. I am going to make two or more different types of cloths with different markings just to see what looks really the best. But each cloth will have it's own theme and use. Each cloth is used to wrap the book and will be aged. These cloths are used after the book information is known. If I remember correctly, the book that you have or will get, was found wrapped in this cloth! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

After you know the birthday, you could open the cloth and go into another presentation that keeps in theme with the book and then later as you are giving a reading, reveal their birthday.

The first cloth that I will do will have two logos on the cloth where the sitter and performer can placed their left hands. The logos are the hand print that is on the cover of the book and PDF. So the cloth is open and on one end of the rectangle cloth is a palm print facing in one direction while at the other end is another logo (palm print) facing in the opposite direction. Now both the sitter and performer can sit facing each other and place their left hand on the logos (palm prints). This is done to help connect to the......whatever you want.....

Between the palm prints (logos) is a space. In this space will be an area for Scrying, tarot cards, candle, throwing the bones or using the pendulum.

As I said, I have a few ideas but the first cloth will have a grid like pattern with a cheat sheet for readers between the palm prints. When I say cheat sheet, I am NOT talking about a cheat sheet for the book and how it works. I am talking about readings and the little information that we know in our heads. It will help stir ideas as you are thinking what to said, in the event that you may be at a lost for words for some reason. Looking at the cloth you will see hints for readers that is used in the trade. Think of the Vitruvian Square by Scott Grossberg only this cloth will be more simple. Anyone looking at the cloth will not be able to read the markings unless they knew how. The simple markings will look like letters and words written from an age long past. Once the performer learns how the letters and words were created, he will have no problem reading the information on the cloth.

Once I am done with a few, I will give Bobby a cloth or two, maybe more so he can check them out. I hope that the (reading) cloths will enhance the book. You could have the sitter write a question on a small piece of paper and without reading it, burn it in the flame of the candle to release the question to the cosmos. Then after the burning of the question, you both place your hands on the cloth over the logos (palm prints). Then go into a reading giving the birthday and year and then answer their question!

Any way, this is what I plan to do. I just thought that I would share my idea so that you may think of ways to enhance your presentation.

Best
Ray
Thank you for sharing your idea, Ray. Do share with us the pictures of the clothes once you have them created.
Message: Posted by: Crossroads Mystic (Oct 14, 2013 09:22AM)
Sounds great.
~Gavin
Ray has sent me a few great ideas regarding the book. I can't wait to send you all part 2 of the PDF with everyone's contributions!
Every single non preorder has officially shipped! (Most already shipped, but the final ones shipped today- right on schedule!)
Just finished reading the first pdf today, cant wait for the 2nd contributions pdf!

has mine shipped too Bobby? :D
[quote]
On 2013-10-15 02:40, Mind illusionist wrote:
Just finished reading the first pdf today, cant wait for the 2nd contributions pdf!

has mine shipped too Bobby? :D

[/quote] Yes sir! Every single order that wasn't a preorder is now either in the mail or in someone's hands!
The Codex has reached Oz I am happy to report.
Bryn, gimme a PM when ya can. cheers mate!
Done J.
I'm liking this book a lot. It is beautiful, and the aging on the cover is fantastic. I am yet to try the book out on someone who is ignorant of my methods, which excludes most of my close friends and family. Based on my experience with similar forces, I think lay people would be clueless as to method.

I do have a couple of little points of contention though, although minor. The first is the use of the term sex appeal in a bokthat is meant to be from the 1870s. Most folks won't notice, but I did.

The second is a general criticism of books that use artifical aging, and that is less is more. Check out the first editions on the internet, the pages are yellowed but not often heavily stained. Also the dipping the page edges gives a distinctive look. I think painting the pages with tea and brush may yield a result closer to the images of first editions I see.

One big positive for CV is that it avoids using graphics or printing that looks computer generated. As much as I love my WA and 1psw1ch, some of the graphics look pixelated. CV does not. The printing is bold, just like a printing press.

Please accept my criticism as intended, as constructive in nature, wanting only to strengthen the realism of these wonderful props that are produced in this community.

Overall I'm loving CV and very much looking forward to test driving it.
Thanks for the review! I'll take it all to heart and apply it to future projects. As far as "sex appeal", most sources etymologize it at 1904/1905, while others first place it even earlier in history. Either way, I thought it was close enough to the subtle date on the cover page. Anyway, thank you very much for the review and I couldn't be happier that you're loving it!!
http://ehistory.osu.edu/osu/mmh/clash/newwoman/newwomen-page1.htm Sex appeal appears to be from the 1920s

I had already pictured this book having no definite history or date - just an enigma... some claim it was based on some Latin book... some say it was Masters and Johnson era... it is a true mystery. What really is bizarre about it is that is seems to have some mystical properties... there was a rumour that the author, in developing and using this book, erased him or her self from the pages of history completely... in fact, this book may not even be from our so called reality. Let me demonstrate some of its most minor powers in how it parts the veils of time itself...

etc.
Very nice Doc.

And Bobby, I very much look forward to your future projects.
[quote]
On 2013-10-15 11:56, Dr Spektor wrote:
http://ehistory.osu.edu/osu/mmh/clash/newwoman/newwomen-page1.htm Sex appeal appears to be from the 1920s

I had already pictured this book having no definite history or date - just an enigma... some claim it was based on some Latin book... some say it was Masters and Johnson era... it is a true mystery. What really is bizarre about it is that is seems to have some mystical properties... there was a rumour that the author, in developing and using this book, erased him or her self from the pages of history completely... in fact, this book may not even be from our so called reality. Let me demonstrate some of its most minor powers in how it parts the veils of time itself...

etc.

[/quote] Amazing! That's going in the second PDF if that's cool with you :)
[quote]
On 2013-10-15 19:57, bobbyhasbun wrote:
[quote]

etc.

[/quote]

Next pdf?...sounds good!
[quote]
On 2013-10-15 19:57, bobbyhasbun wrote:
[quote]

etc.

[/quote]

Sure thing! And I've not yet begun to truly get my plans for this tome cooking :)
I'd like to send the second PDF out before Halloween. Right now I have about 5 great ideas for it. I'd like to get 5 or so more. Please send any ideas to my email or pm them
to me! This will be a free PDF for every owner of CV. You will get credited fully for your ideas, of course.
Just placed my order (couldn't resist!!)

Temporarily out of stock so I must wait fr the next 25 to be printed.

Is this still a limited edition? Will this batch of 25 copies be the last of them?

Thanks
Chris
[quote]
On 2013-10-16 12:38, VernonOnCoins wrote:

Is this still a limited edition? Will this batch of 25 copies be the last of them?

Thanks
Chris
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I read earlier in this thread that it was limited to 100 editions, but that they would be made in a couple small batches. Not sure if this is the last batch.
[quote]

Thanks
Chris
[/quote] After this batch of 25 is sold out (just a few more books left), the next and final will be made. Thanks!
Hurry up and buy-em,guys!

So,I can get the last one! :)
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Oct 16, 2013 11:18PM)
This book looks really nice. has anyone performed with this yet?
[quote]
On 2013-10-16 19:27, bobbyhasbun wrote:
[quote]

Thanks
Chris
[/quote] After this batch of 25 is sold out (just a few more books left), the next and final will be made. Thanks!
[/quote]

Thanks, Bobby
No problem! BTW, Brynmore13 has just sent me a great idea for the book! Hopefully he gives me permission to put it in the PDF. Meanwhile, keep the ideas coming! I'd like to hit ten of them before editing it together.
Bobby, let me write it up properly snd then you certainly may put it in the pdf.
Mine arrived today. I have not got to see it because its a gift I'm not supposed to know about. Envelope looks like they drug it behind the truck and has been taped back shut by post office where they ripped it open. Feels like it is wrapped in something soft so I'm sure its fine. Very excited!
[quote]
On 2013-10-17 19:23, ZoOpDoG wrote:
Mine arrived today. I have not got to see it because its a gift I'm not supposed to know about. Envelope looks like they drug it behind the truck and has been taped back shut by post office where they ripped it open. Feels like it is wrapped in something soft so I'm sure its fine. Very excited!
[/quote]

I can assure you that it wasn't ripped open. I just taped the end for security :)

And I can't wait for you to open it!
Got mine today it's BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to use it!! THANKS A TON Bobby!!!
This really looks awesome! Very cool to see that bonus ideas are being added and sent out as well. My order is in, really looking forward to it.
[quote]
On 2013-10-17 10:47, bobbyhasbun wrote:
No problem! BTW, Brynmore13 has just sent me a great idea for the book! Hopefully he gives me permission to put it in the PDF. Meanwhile, keep the ideas coming! I'd like to hit ten of them before editing it together.
[/quote]
Bobby, I've written up my contribution and pm'ed it to you.
[quote]
On 2013-10-18 01:43, Cunningham wrote:
Got mine today it's BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to use it!! THANKS A TON Bobby!!!
[/quote] Thank YOU! I'm so happy that you like it :)
I was holding off but since so many of my colleagues are thrilled about this, I don't want to be the last kid on my block to get it. So it is done. I ordered it. Jeeze the peer pressure was just too great for me!
[quote]
On 2013-10-17 22:45, bobbyhasbun wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-10-17 19:23, ZoOpDoG wrote:
[/quote]

I can assure you that it wasn't ripped open. I just taped the end for security :)

And I can't wait for you to open it!
[/quote]

Oh good! the tape said "resealed by post office" on it so I thought it had come open. Im very much looking forward to it. :)
Received my copy today, and strike me down, but a little disappointed...not in the book but
in the ageing process.
I think Bobby is working flat out to complete these books and attention to detail is being missed.
I have peeled pages open that seemed still damp and tried to reshape the inside of the book as
well as flatten out creases in pages. Staining is sporadic. It looks like what it is rather than
what it should be, ie an antique book. I have my copy of Gh@st and Ph@nt@ms to compare
and they are almost flawless. No ripples, bends, creases, just very old musty books!
That is not to say Bobby's book is not a great effect, it is and he seems like a great guy.
I just would have been happy to wait and have a perfect musty old book to add to my collection.....

ps if anyone has a solution to flattening these page ripples apart from ironing and heavy books
I would appreciate it..
[quote]
On 2013-10-18 17:13, Michael Clifton wrote:
Received my copy today, and strike me down, but a little disappointed...not in the book but
in the ageing process.
I think Bobby is working flat out to complete these books and attention to detail is being missed.
I have peeled pages open that seemed still damp and tried to reshape the inside of the book as
well as flatten out creases in pages. Staining is sporadic. It looks like what it is rather than
what it should be, ie an antique book. I have my copy of Gh@st and Ph@nt@ms to compare
and they are almost flawless. No ripples, bends, creases, just very old musty books!
That is not to say Bobby's book is not a great effect, it is and he seems like a great guy.
I just would have been happy to wait and have a perfect musty old book to add to my collection.....

ps if anyone has a solution to flattening these page ripples apart from ironing and heavy books
I would appreciate it..
[/quote]

Michael,

Thanks for the kind words about the effect! I'm glad you like it! As far as the aging goes, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll do what I can to make it right for you. Everybody else has been happy with the books, but I realize that everyone's tastes are different. It sounds like you want your book to look old, but not really used. Creases, dogears and stains are all part of old books. A "perfect" or "flawless" old book is not what I was going for. In fact, the imperfections and flaws are part of my design and a lot of people have been commending me on that. I wasn't setting out to make a book that looks like it'd sat on a shelf for a century; moreso one that had been used every day for the last hundred years by three generations of fortune tellers and maybe a gypsy for good measure.

As far as the damp pages goes, that must've been a fluke and I'll take care of it for you immediately.

Here's what I can offer you:

1. I'll send you an unaged book. Perfect and completely flat.

OR

2. I'll send you an aged book according to your preferences (no stains or creases or ripples- completely flat and evenly aged- no sun stains whatsoever)

I'll send you a PM and we can figure it out in more detail.

The last thing I want is an unhappy customer. I'll gladly replace yours with one that makes you happy, we'll discuss the aging in more detail.

Check your PMs.

Thanks,

Bobby Hasbun
First rate response and service!!
Now, this is just my opinion.
I think Mr. Clifton’s criticism is a little harsh.

First, in my opinion, I believe the established leaders when it comes to bizarre magic products are (in no particular order): Outlaw, Lebanon Circle, and Alchemy Moon. (Including Prof BC for Outlaw/LC and Vic Natada for Outlaw and now Gemini Artifacts). These companies have set the (quality) bar.

If requested, I believe some of these companies would sell their “aged” products “un-aged.”
I say “I believe” they would because it is difficult and time consuming to age the products, and I have never made such a request. (In fact, I believe Alchemy Moon has stopped selling aged/elite Cuss Cards because it was too time consuming - you can get the King Edition and age them yourself).

Here is a photo of an “aged” book I received from one of the “three top” bizarre magic producers. I won’t say which one and have tried to block out the words (but, I’m sure many of you will recognize it).

[img]http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/RandyScott30/5c77b588-261e-4269-b1fb-95170bfd38a9.jpg[/img]

As you can see the pages are warped from the ageing. When not in use, the book is pressed down but several other heavy books. This is the condition after years of “pressure storage.”

Regarding sporadic staining, here are three pages from the above noted book.

[img]http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/RandyScott30/d989ceee-4aa0-42be-b6d8-6fb484ad172e.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/RandyScott30/9a51bc19-bfec-49dd-a28d-7232dae71f1d.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/RandyScott30/0a65f0b1-d41c-4a8a-9777-24c690a68f1c.jpg[/img]

[b]****Please note, these photos are from one of the top bizarre magic producers.****[/b]

Obviously, with an individually hand-aged book, each copy will vary.

In fact, regarding his edition of C0dex V3neficium, Andre Hagen stated, “ I was immediately struck by the excellent aged appearance...not too much or too little, but just the right amount for believability.”

Mr. Clifton compared his aged C0dex V3neficium to Gh*st and Ph@an@ms.
That might be an unfair comparison. The good Professor has taken aged props to a whole new level. In addition, I believe both those books were 150 pounds (quoted from the Prof himself on the Gh*st Magic Café thread).

Now with that being said, I have seen several copies of C0dex V3neficium. In my opinion, each of these copies (of C0dex V3neficium I have seen) were superior (in quality of ageing) than the above noted aged book from one of the best bizarre magic producers.

It is difficult to age a book, Tarot card, or any other prop. I won’t do it myself. (One mistake and you could ruin a $100 to $200 prop). I’m satisfied with the way it is aged.

Now, please allow me to discuss the main issue, the effect itself.
Mr. Clifton even indicates C0dex V3neficium is a great effect.
The book has received positive reviews/comments from [b]Magical Dimensions (Ray), Jessie James McGuire, Brynmore13, afinemesh, Cunningham, Andre Hagen, Roni, and Dr. Spektor.[/b]

I know this thread has stretched on for numerous pages and is time consuming to read from the start, But...please go to page 1 and read my original post for a description of just one fantastic effect you can do with this. Most importantly, this great effect is also a powerful tool. It allows you to secretly obtain some very important and useful information. As this is a tool, many performers are coming up with their own unique ways to use it...And Bobby keeps updating the PDF with these new ideas.

Hey Bobby, I’ve got an idea for the next PDF.
Use C0dex V3neficium, to get the necessary info, and then use a center tear to get the social security number. I call it identity theft. Still working on a kicker/conclusion for identity theft,
Any suggestions?

[b]Seriously though...I rarely (almost never) recommend a product on the Café, but I highly recommend C0dex V3neficium.

I’m telling you this because Bobby is getting ready to start the final 25 copies (I believe).
If you miss out on this, you will regret it.[/b]

PS. As I was typing this out, I noticed Bobby’s response. Wow. That is great customer service.
Yes Bobby has Great Customer Service and I will be speaking to him to sort this out.
He has sent me a pm and I am sure we will resolve the ageing issues.
Message: Posted by: jesse_james_mcguire (Oct 19, 2013 05:23AM)
I suggest that you give the book to a laymen and tell them it's old and see what they have to say.. Being Witches or Codex or whatever, every aged book that I have PURCHASED has been thought to be the real thing by laymen..

Also you should handle you're props like they are old and fragile and are a treasure and this will make it more believable. If you believe it you're spectators will, and I truly believe this...

May I also suggest putting a few heavy objects on the book and put it outside to dry. I have done that and it seemed to help.
Mine arrived yesterday. Beautiful effect and beautiful prop and pretty much self working. Looks great in candlelight next to an Alchemy Gothic palmistry hand.

http://www.13moons.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=17640&zenid=570290faab3319b835dfd73ef7fd1eb3
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Oct 19, 2013 11:47AM)
Wow now that is very strong customer service! very direct and to the point.
[quote]
On 2013-10-19 12:12, JAlenS wrote:
Mine arrived yesterday. Beautiful effect and beautiful prop and pretty much self working. Looks great in candlelight next to an Alchemy Gothic palmistry hand.

http://www.13moons.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=17640&zenid=570290faab3319b835dfd73ef7fd1eb3
[/quote] Nothing makes me happier than to hear that :) And that hand in conjunction with the book.... Great idea!
I love the idea of the aging being an option. I have also received a book from a top manufacturer in the past that looked horrible. (I suspect it is the same product pictured above but in soft cover.) The cover looked like a child had done part of it with model paint. Its so bad I was not sure I would even use it. I had seen other peoples copies that looked great and yet mine looked like crap. It turned out to be one of my favorites and I use it all the time but the terrible job on the cover and the "looks like it spent a month in a urinal" aging process has called its authenticity into question more than a few times. I would love to have a non aged copy of that effect. This is in no way a comment on THIS product. I just like the idea of non aged copies being available. ...especially for books that are under 100 yrs old. I carry my favorites with me everyday and they would quickly take on a used but respected appearance.
Message: Posted by: challengedmichael (Oct 19, 2013 05:11PM)
I was alerted to this effect by Andre Hagen and having read through the threads I am happy to have been able to jump the band wagon and order a copy.
I was on the fence getting this, as I have way too many book-related-effects. However, the great customer service story pushed me to go ahead and place the order. And speaking of great customer service, literally within minutes of placing my order I received an e-maiil from Bobby thanking me for the order and double checking that I had intended to order [i]two[/i] copies. Ermmm...well, no...I had intended to order only [i]one[/i] copy. Turns out, a small mishap on my part with PayPal resulted in 2 copies being ordered. Bobby sorted this out in no time, and a full refund was issued within very short order on the inadvertent second order. Less than 5 mins in placing my order, and I'm experiencing outstanding customer service!
Just read the pdf and all I can say is I'm REALLY glad I got my order in. I was on the fence at first myself because no matter how awesome the book looks and sounds I was sure it was going to involve some fishy math method that I wouldn't care for. All the rave reviews about the method made me cave. Fantastic well hidden method and so many performance possibilities. I can't wait to get my hands on this.
How do we get the pdf ?
[quote]
On 2013-10-19 22:10, jglumley wrote:
How do we get the pdf ?
[/quote] It's emailed out to every customer. I sent you yours already... Check your spam folder though. I'll resend it right now just in case!
[quote]
On 2013-10-19 06:23, jesse_james_mcguire wrote:
I suggest that you give the book to a laymen and tell them it's old and see what they have to say.. Being Witches or Codex or whatever, every aged book that I have PURCHASED has been thought to be the real thing by laymen..

Also you should handle you're props like they are old and fragile and are a treasure and this will make it more believable. If you believe it you're spectators will, and I truly believe this...

May I also suggest putting a few heavy objects on the book and put it outside to dry. I have done that and it seemed to help.
[/quote]

I can also suggest putting the book inside your vacuum cleaner or in a bag with the dust from the cleaner and then shaking it around....a kind of shake and bake treatment....
[quote]
On 2013-10-20 03:50, DrTodd wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-10-19 06:23, jesse_james_mcguire wrote:

[/quote]

I can also suggest putting the book inside your vacuum cleaner or in a bag with the dust from the cleaner and then shaking it around....a kind of shake and bake treatment....
[/quote] That's a great idea, Dr. Todd! For an extra fee, I'll apply that technique to your copy... :)
Just read the manual. This is very good and practicle to boot. The kind of thing that I will actually use. Looking forward to getting my copy and putting it in a vacuum cleaner bag.
Yes, this is a truly wonderful creation with so much power within its pages.
Message: Posted by: jesse_james_mcguire (Oct 21, 2013 03:49AM)
I looked at the contents of my vacuum clean and there was nothing in it! Guess I need to clean my floors LOL.. Or I just just slide Codex around on the carpet..

But seriously DrTodd that was a great Idea!

I wounder what would happen if you buried the book in the cloth for a weak or two..
[quote]
On 2013-10-20 15:57, DrTodd wrote:
Yes, this is a truly wonderful creation with so much power within its pages.

[/quote] Thanks for the kind words, that means a lot coming from you!
Great Experience...

Hi all...since I live just a couple of cities away from Bobby...he and I made arrangements for me to come by a pick up my Codex yesterday. I had the pleasure of meeting Bobby...what a great guy, very pleasent and he was very helpful. Not only did he answer a couple of questions I had...but he performed the effect for my girlfriend...using my new / old Codex.

Bobby's demo went perfect...not only did he tell my girlfriend what her birthday was...but read her a fantastic fortune...that was right-on...! My girlfriend asked afterwards..."how did he know my birthday...?"

Thank You...Bobby...it was pleasure meeting you. This item is a total winner...I was very impressed with how smooth and seamless a performace / presentation can be with the Codex.

My girlfriend was totally involved...the presentation is interactive...she held the Codex the entire time...and just followed the directions Bobby gave her. Very simple, very impressive.

Continued Success,
Dan
[quote]
On 2013-10-21 17:06, docdazzal wrote:
Great Experience...

Hi all...since I live just a couple of cities away from Bobby...he and I made arrangements for me to come by a pick up my Codex yesterday. I had the pleasure of meeting Bobby...what a great guy, very pleasent and he was very helpful. Not only did he answer a couple of questions I had...but he performed the effect for my girlfriend...using my new / old Codex.

Bobby's demo went perfect...not only did he tell my girlfriend what her birthday was...but read her a fantastic fortune...that was right-on...! My girlfriend asked afterwards..."how did he know my birthday...?"

Thank You...Bobby...it was pleasure meeting you. This item is a total winner...I was very impressed with how smooth and seamless a performace / presentation can be with the Codex.

My girlfriend was totally involved...the presentation is interactive...she held the Codex the entire time...and just followed the directions Bobby gave her. Very simple, very impressive.

Continued Success,
Dan
[/quote] It was great meeting you, Dan! Thanks for the kind words!!
I'm jealous. You got a demo, you lucky devil.
I like being a lucky devil...!!! The demo was great...!
Right, I'm in before they all go and they appear to be going quick! One more for the UK please Mr Bobby sir! :)
Need to brush up on my Zodiac dates etc now while I wait.

I'm buying no more stuff now until Doppleganger is out goddamit!!
As I was typing the words even I didn't believe me.. MIA anyone? Ha!
I have received an update. My CV is being printed and I get a further detailed progress report on it tomorrow.
It's like a tracking service through the process of it being created. I love it. Great attention to detail Bobby! Excellent.
Im hoping mine turns up this week. All the chatter here is making me more anxious!! :D
I just ordered 2 copies. Couldn't resist! I wonder how many that makes so far for Australia...
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Oct 23, 2013 05:52PM)
Anyone gunna post some pics of these beauties?
[quote]
On 2013-10-23 11:58, Grail Quest wrote:
I just ordered 2 copies. Couldn't resist! I wonder how many that makes so far for Australia...
[/quote] Including your 2 copies, that's 5 in Australia!
Ok so that's 2 for grail quest, one for mind illusionist and one for me. So who's got the fifth? Is it you Mr Darkholme?
Only the Codex knows...
Waiting mine....
[quote]
On 2013-10-25 11:39, lucavolpe wrote:
Waiting mine....
[/quote] You should have it any day! All the European orders that shipped along with yours just started arriving today and yesterday.
[quote]
On 2013-10-25 12:08, bobbyhasbun wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-10-25 11:39, lucavolpe wrote:
Waiting mine....
[/quote] You should have it any day! All the European orders that shipped along with yours just started arriving today and yesterday.
[/quote]

I hope! :)
I have received the Codex book a couple of days ago and all I can say for now is that it's going to the top of my list of effects! It has the lot, easy to perform, hardly any memory work (If any) A book that is not a Book Test but a book that gives you more than any other effect can give.
I will enjoy performing it very much
Roni
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 25, 2013 10:49PM)
I also got the book the other day.

My wife was next to me when I brought the book into the fresh air from its confinement of packaging. "That looks old" she said as I gleem a knowing smile.
"Yes, ........ Yes, it is guite old."

"What is it?"

"A book.......a book of the beginning and end of a person's soul and existence."

"Oh, it's one of your bull S h I t book, huh?" She said as she laugh.

"Uh,....... Yea......."

I really love the way that the person connects to the book and expirences the journey.

This is really something special.

Best
Ray
I'll be getting one from the next batch. Looking forward to using this along side my talking broad.

CHRIS
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 27, 2013 08:33PM)
Would someone PM me and tell me how to place photos on my post?

Best
Ray
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/sc6o.jpg/][img]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1460/sc6o.jpg[/img][/url]

Like this Ray--adapt, adjust, accommodate..
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 27, 2013 09:02PM)
Balaram, That is a great photo!

Here is something that I made today. I have another but this one should give you an idea of what I am doing with the theme of the book.

This is a photo of the book and a cloth that I made.

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/rwqk.jpg/][img]http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/22/rwqk.jpg[/img][/url]

The Cloth in action! The sitter places their hand on the hand print and I hold the pendulum over the snake chart. I left the chart (Snake Head) facing the sitter because I think that it makes the cloth look better to the sitter. After all, I already know the information that is needed!

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/v5ld.jpg/][img]http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/820/v5ld.jpg[/img][/url]

Best
Ray
Ray,that is Super Cool !!!

Can,I use that idea ?

~G
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 27, 2013 09:31PM)
[quote]
On 2013-10-27 22:23, Godzilla wrote:

Can,I use that ?

~G
[/quote]

I KNOW! LOL

I have two more ideas for a cloth plus different backs and odds and ends.

I really like this book. I did the book today and just asked them to think of an important date! That was all I asked because we both know each other so well. After the use of the book to get the date, I then used the pendulum cloth and revealed the date. It got a really good reaction!

Best
Ray
[quote]
On 2013-10-27 22:23, Godzilla wrote:

Can,I use that idea ?

~G
[/quote]

What Gary said!

May I also use your idea and make my own cloth Ray?
Would like to know how to get an image printed on cloth? Please direct me if you don't mind schooling me briefly on this.

Thanks CHRIS
Really love the cloth idea. Maybe Bobby or someone can take this up and put up as an add-on?
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 28, 2013 01:05AM)
[quote]
On 2013-10-28 00:52, piyuyu wrote:
Really love the cloth idea. Maybe Bobby or someone can take this up and put up as an add-on?
[/quote]

In talks with Bobby about this being an add on.

I have three different cloths made up and you already saw one.

I don't want to say to much right now, but I also have some cool ideas of add ons for the cloth!

Best
Ray
Message: Posted by: jesse_james_mcguire (Oct 28, 2013 02:25AM)
Should make the cloth big enough to wrap the book in... then it's stylish and multifunctional
Genius...
[quote]
On 2013-10-27 23:22, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
Would like to know how to get an image printed on cloth? Please direct me if you don't mind schooling me briefly on this.[/quote]

...or if someone can make one for purchase, I'd gladly compensate their efforts.
Ditto
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 28, 2013 12:02PM)
After talking to Bobby, I have decided to offer the cloths to those that have the book. I already have three designs with one being able to wrap the book.

What you can't see in my pics is that there is a pocket in the back of the cloth to carry things such as a pendulum or tarot cards. Heck, if you wanted, the book could slip into the cloth.

I will start another thread downstairs to talk about cloths and lets get back to talking about the book. The thread will be called ''CODEX Cloth'.

Best
Ray
Thanks Ray, I'll send my order in once your ready. Again, thank you for offering these to us!!!

CHRIS
I'm late to the party. I just discovered this thread last night and I ordered my Codex today.

I just read the PDF. It's a clever idea. :)
Nice cloth Ray!.....but Im still waiting mine.... :(
[quote]
On 2013-10-28 20:35, lucavolpe wrote:
Nice cloth Ray!.....but Im still waiting mine.... :(
[/quote] Check your pms! Thanks :)
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 29, 2013 06:48AM)
[quote]
On 2013-10-28 18:23, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
I'm late to the party. I just discovered this thread last night and I ordered my Codex today.

I just read the PDF. It's a clever idea. :)
[/quote]

When I frist read the instruction, I laugh to myself because it was so darn COOL!

The person joins with the overall power of the mystery tomb. A book of beginnings and ends. What a concept!

This book that is NOT a book test has raw power that screams to be taken seriously.

Played light or dark, this book commands respect and total commitment of the performer to make this an unforgettable event for the sitter.

For those that are on the fence about buying this book, here is a simple thought.... Once they are all gone..... They are all gone!

Best
Ray
The cloths look really cool. When you first mentioned them I didn't get it - now that I see what you had in mind -- they look very cool!
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 29, 2013 03:21PM)
[quote]
On 2013-10-29 11:36, ZoOpDoG wrote:
The cloths look really cool. When you first mentioned them I didn't get it - now that I see what you had in mind -- they look very cool!
[/quote]

Thank you for saying it looks cool.

The cloth really looks nice lying next to the book. I really am digging the book!

Ray
Ray,

Can you hint to as how to purchase the cloth?

Thanks CHRIS
Message: Posted by: Crossroads Mystic (Oct 29, 2013 07:02PM)
Don't hint, just tell us. :)
~Gavin
Ray is still figuring pricing, etc. out but I already signed up for mine! They look amazing. Maybe he can post the most recent photos on here if he sees this..... ;)
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 31, 2013 12:54AM)
Thanks Bobby for pressing me to show the big cloth half way done. All I need is to have it sewn and it is done. Notice the little lines connecting the circles, I am going to remove the lines on all other big cloths unless asked to put them in.

The big cloth is 14 inches wide and just under 24 inches long. The book lying next to the cloth gives you a good idea how it looks. How do you like my pendulum?

The lighting is bad and makes the images look fuzzy or I moved the camera when I took the picture! LOL

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/mifp.jpg/][img]http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/854/mifp.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/zibg.jpg/][img]http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/20/zibg.jpg[/img][/url]

Best
Ray
Beautiful!
I love the elegant symmetry...
Indeed, these are very nice.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 31, 2013 11:37AM)
Thanks guys for the nice comments.

I still have one more to show........... When I get done with it.

It is a small cloth (maybe) and I am going through some ideas that keeps going through my head.

It's theme will be completely around the snake chart. I am trying my best to include a hand with a snake.

Best
Ray
Message: Posted by: jesse_james_mcguire (Nov 2, 2013 12:13AM)
Seriously Ray you have gone above and beyond!
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 2, 2013 12:44AM)
[quote]
On 2013-11-02 01:13, jesse_james_mcguire wrote:
Seriously Ray you have gone above and beyond!
[/quote]

Thanks for saying that.

I am having a little problem with things and want to tell you guys that it will be the coming week before I can make them. The cloths (front and back) that I was going to use were all bought by someone at the fabric store. So I have to wait until the next shipment comes in before I can get the cloths that I really want to use. I am not going to include a pocket because the person that is doing the sewing wants to charge me more money to make them. I am trying to keep the price down and give everyone a fair price and a cool cloth!

Ray
Message: Posted by: Gandalf the Wizard (Nov 3, 2013 08:33PM)
Hi, I recently bought my CV and I must say it is wonderful. Thank you very much Bobby for this excellent book .

Gandalf
[quote]
On 2013-11-03 21:33, Gandalf the Wizard wrote:
Hi, I recently bought my CV and I must say it is wonderful. Thank you very much Bobby for this excellent book .

Gandalf
[/quote] Thank you! It's good to know it made its way to Costa Rica!! :)
Message: Posted by: jesse_james_mcguire (Nov 3, 2013 11:55PM)
Has anyone tried taking their CV in to a so called legit psychic and did a reading for them? It would be interesting to see what a so called real shut eye would have to say about CV
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 4, 2013 07:10PM)
Here is another photo. Notice that this small cloth does not have a border. I also placed a cloth with no border next to one with a border so you can see both. I had a large cloth sewn with no border and was planning to post the picture, BUT the person didn’t sew the cloth like I wanted!

The hardest thing about making these cloths is getting someone to sew them like I want. And I will not settle for work that I feel is sub standard. At least you get the idea of how the cloth lays flat on the table. Also you will notice that the hand is touching the circle. This was the first cloth that I made and I didn’t plan for the hand touching the circle.

With no border makes the cloth look really cool.

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/bwi4.jpg/][img]http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/31/bwi4.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/d51l.jpg/][img]http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/15/d51l.jpg[/img][/url]
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 4, 2013 07:27PM)
Anyone used the book yet? I really think that this book is something very special. I am so glad that I bought this.

I have other book tests but this is something that hits a person hard. They have no idea how you got the information. And how you did get the information is hidden so masterfully that it gives this book real magic. The way the person connects with the book only strengthens their belief that this is a strange tomb that holds some kind of power. And that is the power of revealing the being and end of one’s life.

What can be stronger than that? Yes, I am really glad that I bought this.

Bobby, you did us all a great service by offering this book to us.

Ray
Still thinking whether I should get the ones with or without border. Are you planning to sell the pendulum too? :P
[quote]
On 2013-11-04 20:27, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Anyone used the book yet? I really think that this book is something very special. I am so glad that I bought this.

I have other book tests but this is something that hits a person hard. They have no idea how you got the information. And how you did get the information is hidden so masterfully that it gives this book real magic. The way the person connects with the book only strengthens their belief that this is a strange tomb that holds some kind of power. And that is the power of revealing the being and end of one’s life.

What can be stronger than that? Yes, I am really glad that I bought this.

Bobby, you did us all a great service by offering this book to us.

Ray
[/quote]

I'm going to agree with Ray on this one point.

But (for me), I'm going to stick with the method in the book for the info. I think if you take the method away from the book, it loses it's connection with the book, and (again, for me) that's the whole point.

This is just my opinion, which is only one point of view!
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 4, 2013 11:49PM)
Afinemesh
I have to agree up to a point also. But, with the cloth you have an alternative method to reveal the information.

Imagine having the cloth spread out with a candle lit and your pendulum lying on the cloth. It would enhance the ambiance. I agree that the original method given in the PDF is wonderful. But if you were already casting or reading the tarot on this cloth for sitters, it would make sense to use the cloth because the book and cloth are connect. After all, the book was found wrapped in the cloth.

A few people who have connected me about a cloth have thought a little outside of the box to my delight.

Ray
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 5, 2013 02:52AM)
[quote]
On 2013-11-04 21:58, piyuyu wrote:
Still thinking whether I should get the ones with or without border. Are you planning to sell the pendulum too? :P
[/quote]

That pendulum is MINE! get your OWN! LOL

Ray
[quote]
On 2013-11-05 03:52, Magical Dimensions wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-11-04 21:58, piyuyu wrote:
[/quote]

That pendulum is MINE! get your OWN! LOL

Ray
[/quote]

Awwww....... :)
Message: Posted by: jesse_james_mcguire (Nov 5, 2013 04:25AM)
@ Ray...

Have you given the cloth a test run on a so called LAYMAN?
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 5, 2013 10:38AM)
[quote]
On 2013-11-05 05:25, jesse_james_mcguire wrote:
@ Ray...

Have you given the cloth a test run on a so called LAYMAN?
[/quote]

Yes I have.

Once I did the book part, I lit a candle and turn off the lights. When I open the cloth it looked so cool washed in the candle light. I laid my pendulum on the cloth and then asked them to connect with the cloth. They were really into doing this.

Give the cloth respect and the sitters will respect it. They have NEVER seen anything like this. Once the connection to the cloth is made, you have them! No turning back now! As in anything you do, you just don't unroll or unfold the cloth and say, "OK, now do this and do that." If you treat the cloth as if it is a real oracle then your sitter will also. Simple as that.

Ray
"Beautiful! Can't wait to get mine!" :)
Any update on the latest batch of books? Really looking forward to getting mine.
[quote]
On 2013-11-05 20:51, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Any update on the latest batch of books? Really looking forward to getting mine.
[/quote] All new updates have been sent out approximately 30 min ago. If you didn't get it, check your spam folder. Otherwise, PM me :)
Got it, thanks!
[quote]
On 2013-11-05 21:36, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Got it, thanks!
[/quote]

+1. Really looking forward to this!
Are,we on the last 25 run yet ?
Any,other copies coming to 'Monster Island' ? :)
Mine is number 67 and it isn't back to Bobby for aging yet. Another couple of days apparently.
I think the final batch of 25 is yet to be made once this 3rd batch of 25 is done (and sold presumably).
Bobby just sent you a pm, thanks
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 7, 2013 05:46PM)
Here is a cloth that I did for someone.

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/gq6s.jpg/][img]http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/545/gq6s.jpg[/img][/url]

ray
I like the wrist at the edge of cloth,better!
But,that is just my opinion!
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 7, 2013 06:30PM)
[quote]
On 2013-11-07 19:14, Godzilla wrote:
I like the wrist at the edge of cloth,better!
But,that is just my opinion!
[/quote]

The job isn't' finish. I am just showing the cloth before it has been sewn.

I have to give the person sewing extra long edges so that the cloth can be made to the size that is needed.

Ray
[quote]
On 2013-11-07 18:46, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Here is a cloth that I did for someone.

[/quote]

OK,I read this and thought it was finished!
So,the wrist will be at the edge,then?
Looks great to me. I like the palms not going right to the edge. All a matter of personal opinion.
~Gavin
Is it really true, per the quote below, that "nothing is written or spoken..."? I want NO exposure on this thread, but just wanted to get clarification on this particular matter. Thanks!

Regards,
Mike

[quote]
On 2013-10-01 00:19, RandyScott wrote:
A few weeks ago, two guys did a bizarre magic lecture at the local SAM meeting. Everything they did was fantastic! One of the guys performed an incredible effect with an old book, and the magician he performed it for was literally brought to tears! After the lecture, I approached him in regards to the book and he told me it was actually a product he had developed. Apparently, he had made it for himself and after people caught wind of it they asked him to make some for them, so he decided to do a really limited release online. I gave him my email and he said he’d let me know as soon as they were available.

They are now available at http://www.codex-arcana.com in themajor arcana section. They look so beautiful in person and for it to make a fellow magician cry says a lot. He had the magician/spectator think of someone of importance to him that has passed away (one of the darker routines that can be done) and proceeded to, with nothing written or spoken (book-test style), reveal information about his loved one. He was “drawn” to one fortune in the book. After he read it, Joe (the spectator) started getting teary-eyed. When he revealed not only the accurate reading about the person but then their date of birth as well, the tears started flowing and afterwards that guy put in an order for one, too.

Mine just got to me and I couldn’t be happier. They’re all handmade and look really nice. The artwork on the pages is great, too.
Check this out...You'll be glad you did.
[/quote]
Mike, it is all true. Once you have handed the book to the spectator and explained what it is you want them to do, that is it.
From then on you can sit back (in silence if you like) and just let the spec do the 'werk'. Once they have done this, you know all you need to know. From then on you can dress it up however you like before giving them the big reveal. Or not. That is also up to you.
There is no writing required either before, during or after the effect / reading.

Hope this helps.
Mike...I have to say that this Codex is as close to a real magic book / effect that you'll ever use. This item is really as clean as described...

Continued Success,
Dr. Dan
How are performances going with this ?

Anyone,going with the 7 keys?

Gettum gone,so I can get the last copy!!! LOL
If a spectator knows that the performer's goal is to extract the spectator's birthdate, will it lessen the impact? In other words, is the whole routining behind this done with the premise that the reveal is a complete surprise? Or, is the spectator informed that the purpose of the performance is to be able to have the "book communicate the birthday"? I appreciate your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Mike
Mike, in my opinion, telling spectator that you are going to extract his birthday, will completely ruin the performance. It will turn the effect into some sort of ''is this your card?" routine. The method of revealing birthday date, that is described in guide, is very natural (in fact, there are more than one).
Thank you for the helpful response, TwentyOne!

Regards,
Mike
[quote]
On 2013-11-12 01:24, Godzilla wrote:
How are performances going with this ?

Anyone,going with the 7 keys?

[/quote]

Anyone ?
I'll take this as a good sign...people,are not rushing out and just doing!
Spending time to routine! :)
Any more reviews or experiences with this?

Regards,
Mike
Anyone who ordered from the second batch receiving updates? According to my last email update he should have received the books and aged them by now but I haven't gotten any further news. Bobby? Eagerly awaiting.
[quote]
On 2013-11-17 01:36, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Anyone who ordered from the second batch receiving updates? According to my last email update he should have received the books and aged them by now but I haven't gotten any further news. Bobby? Eagerly awaiting.
[/quote] Email me with your Paypal address for specific details regarding your order. Everyone should have received an update last week and another update is going out to everyone tomorrow :) Thanks, Dr!
I'm sold - This sounds really good and after only a short while of email correspondence I can already see Boby being a very great guy putting a lot of effort and honesty into customer service. Compliments to you, Sir. Thanks!
OK I promised myself not to jump on every bandwagon on here but this sounded too good to pass up... after an anxious wait for mail from America to reach good ol' Germany my CV arrived and tried it out on myself... WOW it was spot on... some of the other birthdays around my date were not really hitting any spots but that just go to show how we influence our own perceptions...

I had a small issue with the translation of the instructions to a German audience but even when I got it wrong they turned to their own birthday and were blown away... talk about self worker... you could even leave it on your table for passers by in a psychic fair to thumb through before paying for a more in depth reading... great fun... the routines that come with it are just the tip of the iceberg...

Bobby asked for a review but it has really all been said except for another satisfied customer...

Tim
Thanks,for the feedback,Tim! :)
I ended up doing a spontaneous presentation of the C0dex for a magician friends mother in law last night.
The performance was just to get her to touch each relevant page and try to feel a connection, which she experienced as heat when she touched the pages. After the dirty work was done, we had her look her birthday and read the entry. She was amazed by how accurately it described her character and situation. Then my friend said that I had a special connection with the book as its owner. I then told her that the impressions I had received were that she was born late in summer, almost early autumn (I'm in the southern hemisphere, so it's backwards to you folks in the north). Then told her I thought she was born in February, which she was of course. Then I told her I thought it was early in Feb, but wasn't sure but had her hold the book and concentrate on the date. I then told her I thought it was the first week of Feb, around the 5th or 6th. Actually it was the 7th, I'd miscounted as I thought my mate was going to do the reveal initially. Anyhow the near miss if anything made it all the stronger. 

It was very impromptu, and I haven't done much with the Codex as I've had other materials I've been rehearsing prior to Halloween. So it is a testament to this effect, that it was so powerful even with a haphazard presentation done on the spur of the moment.

My friend, who was a professional magician for many years, said he had never seen such a strong reaction. I'm pretty sure he'll be buying a copy very soon.
Could Voodini's 'Happy Birthday',work as a tie in with Codex V ?
From what I've read on another thread, Voodini's latest release uses playing cards (just what I read...don't have it) to obtain the birthdate.
If that is the case, why "muddy the waters?"

Stick to Codex. It sets the mood. The book is Spooky.
Not,trying to "muddy the waters!" :)
Paul's thread,seems to have vanished in Spooky! So,could not read description!
I'm waiting for the last Codex(and all PDF's),and was not sure Happy Birthday,was done with cards!
In the "Latest and Greatest" thread, Paul indicated he believed his Happy Birthday was too similar to Peter Turner's Isabella's Star so he pulled it down from his website.
(That thread also noted playing cards were used in the routine.). I have Turner's Isabella's Star 2 and playing cards are used in one alternative handling (they are not necessary).

I will also say...the Codex is my preferred way to obtain the Star Sign / Birthday. I prefer Codex to Isabella's Star 2 (that statement alone would likely prompt death threats in the "Penny" forum).

I prefer the Codex because it is a beautiful piece (physical and performance). I see Isabella's Star 2 to be more of a mentalism effect. With the Codex, it can be used in a very "light manner" to obtain the birthday and/or star sign (to be used later however you prefer - like a mentalism effect) or...with a little performance, a little atmosphere, a very powerful, emotional bizarre performance.
Thank you for comparing the Codex and Isabella 2. I was wondering how they might be similar and different. I could not use the original Isabella because of language dependency. Isabella 2 solved that problem and the routine is great. Personally really like the idea and possibilities of the Codex, but language dependency makes it difficult to justify getting it.
Just got mine in the mail today and it looks incredible! I can't wait to try it out on someone!
So I purchased my copy in what I guessing is batch 4, the last batch. Any word on when that batch is going into production?
[quote]
On 2013-11-24 21:16, konjurer wrote:
So I purchased my copy in what I guessing is batch 4, the last batch. Any word on when that batch is going into production?
[/quote] Check your pms!
Hello Everybody...!

I ordered a large Codex Cloth from Ray...to go along with my Codex. And I gotta tell you...it is absolutely fantastic. I am more than pleased with it. It will add a lot to the overall atomphere of my presentations...especially if I want to incorporate a pendulum. The large cloth has a crushed velvet back which really hilights the aged looking panel. I'm really glad I made this purchase...the cloth totally complements the Codex...even when the Codex is just sitting on the cloth.

Thank You Ray...Outstanding J-O-B...!

Continued Success to Us All,
Dr. Dan
Sold. Just placed my order for codex.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 27, 2013 12:05PM)
[quote]
On 2013-11-26 16:27, docdazzal wrote:
Hello Everybody...!

I ordered a large Codex Cloth from Ray...to go along with my Codex. And I gotta tell you...it is absolutely fantastic. I am more than pleased with it. It will add a lot to the overall atomphere of my presentations...especially if I want to incorporate a pendulum. The large cloth has a crushed velvet back which really hilights the aged looking panel. I'm really glad I made this purchase...the cloth totally complements the Codex...even when the Codex is just sitting on the cloth.

Thank You Ray...Outstanding J-O-B...!

Continued Success to Us All,
Dr. Dan
[/quote]

Hello Dr. Dan
I am so glad that you like your cloth. It was fun to make. I can do custom cloths also and have done three so far.

These cloths really do look amazing and if anyone is on the fence about getting the CODEX book, you might want to buy one before they are all gone.

Best
Ray
I was with RandyScott at the local magic club when I first saw the Codex demonstrated by Bobby and I witnessed a long-time magician literally brought to tears during the revelation of the DOB of the meaningful person to him.....I am expecting to receive my Codex any day now and only wish I had ordered this fantastic performance piece item sooner!
I have a number of pieces I am working on over the next few months and the Codex will be a great addition to my "witchy piece".
OK,
Swore I wasn't going to get this,since I'm working on several effects at the moment BUT...
just ordered it! I just couldn't miss out!
Now, wait...
(I don't post here on the Café much but I'm quite excited by this one)
I received a large cloth from Ray today and holy cow! ..... This thing looks amazing..... It adds so much to the CODEX book that it looks like it goes 100% with the book. The book is great on its own, but add the cloth and you now have something that connects you to the sitter in an exciting way. Wow, this is just too cool.

I am really happy that I bought the CODEX book and the cloth. And the best part is that I get to use a pendulum.
Just read the manual and Wow! Bobby's application of the method is simply brilliant. Bravo!

Bob
How many left ? :)
The last I heard there was 25 or 30 left, but that was a number of weeks ago.
Bobby has been really busy as of late, I'm sure he will get back on here soon to update you all.
A little Birdie told me ... only 15 left!
[quote]
On 2013-12-10 11:03, Godzilla wrote:
A little Birdie told me ... only 15 left!
[/quote]

Make that 14... I couldn't resist after reading all the great reviews on this thread.
Already had a look at the PDF manual. Looks great. I'm so pleased I was able to get in on this final run!
Really looking forward to receiving my copy.
Waiting on my copy. Trying to be patient. Sigh
Me too! I'm hoping I get it before Christmas but I have know idea of the progress on the last batch. I waited a long, long time to get some of my cool stuff from Outlaw so I've learned to be very patient!
Bobby is waiting on some new routines to be submitted before releasing the updated manual for this wonderful book. I've sent in a few ideas, now it's your turn. If you've got some ideas for this PM or email them to Bobby and be immortalised in print, or at least in Ebook...
Mine was shipped this week. Opted for heavier aging.
All,we need is a little...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc
The best things in life are worth waiting for :)

Bob
Anyone on the fence with this should jump on it. I got the impression talking to Bobby that there will not be another run of these, short of an immense concrete demand. Suits me, the less out there the better.
Still waiting on mine, but expected any day. I am wondering if anyone who also owns the OA effect LilD, has considered using the Codex as a "birthday in" to the LilD effect?
Arrived safe and sound. Fantastic book. So much can be done with this little beauty. Fits in well with other artefacts in the study.
So I'm confused on the verdict.

Are these DONE DONE? Or is the pre-order/waitlist still active?

Very interested in this beauty!
I think if you prepaid your good. Bobby should at some point chime in here.
For the sake of a brief answer: Yes, they're sold out. Every single order has shipped. A big thank you to everyone who supported me... Ill be posting details and answering some common questions in the next 48 hours. Stay tuned!
Well shoot....
That is awesome news. Maybe Santa will deliver my copy in time for Christmas.
My Codex was one of the last slots available and per our initial exchange I didn't expect mine to ship until after the holidays.
I'm pleased to share that I just received an email from Bobby confirming that mine is indeed in the mail as well.
Bobby - thanks for the timely email replies and good customer service. Super pro.
Yes Virginia... there is a Santa Clause.
Satan Claws
Sandy Claws
[quote]
On 2013-12-20 17:35, horus1 wrote:
My Codex was one of the last slots available and per our initial exchange I didn't expect mine to ship until after the holidays.
I'm pleased to share that I just received an email from Bobby confirming that mine is indeed in the mail as well.
Bobby - thanks for the timely email replies and good customer service. Super pro.
Yes Virginia... there is a Santa Clause.
[/quote]
Cool. Mine is in this last batch as well. I'll be checking the mail box daily in anticipation. :)
Yes Virginia, spooky magic is for real ;-)
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Dec 20, 2013 09:36PM)
Bobby is a good guy. I can not wait to see what else he comes out with
I saw some folks ordered a cloth to go with codex.. it looks cool, but what is it for? Is it so performer keeps book and spec uses cloth?
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Dec 21, 2013 06:56AM)
The cloths are used to make a connection between the cloth and sitter. There is a circle hand on both ends of the cloth to help connect the sitter and performer to the cloth and each other.

I have made cloths for tarot reading and casting while having one hand for the sitter to contact to the cloth and oracle.

The main idea is simple, it gives the sitter something that they never expected and makes them feel as if just maybe, that this reader is special and does have the gift of insight.

Imagine a sitter receiving a three card tarot reading. You unroll or unfold the cloth and place it on the table. The image of the cloth catches their attention the moment it is revealed. What is this they asked themselves. After your introduction of your oracle, you now asked the sitter to place their left hand on the cloth. But not just on the cloth, on the imprint of a hand. They are told that this will ground them to the cloth and oracle. Because of the connection of their hand and the cards on the cloth you will received the vibration of their inner self and will be better able to communicate what the oracle is telling you . Now after the card has been laid or casting you the reader now place your hand on the cloth over the imprint of a hand thrus making a full connection to the oracle and the sitter. You both are now connected and are one.

Or you can have the two hands with the snake chart in the center and make the connection. After the first part of using the book, you ask the sitter to place their hand on the cloth while you do the same. They have just used the book so the information is already known. You can give a reading that best suits them or open the book and read from it as the book was intended and reveale their birthdate.

I have made cloths with one hand, two hands, zodiac charts and other symbols making for some really cool looking cloths.

The cloths can be used for other things other than the Codex book or use the book and an oracle together. The reason that I have found that this is so amazing is the simple reason of having the sitter place their hand on the cloth. I have never seen this before. The sitter is going for a reading or using the CODEX book and suddenly you asked them to place their hand on the cloth! What, Why, are you for real, all runs through the sitter's mind. They may have had a reading done in the past, but this is the first time they are asked to place their hand on the tossing/reading cloth to make a connection to the cloth and oracle.

Think from a sitter point of view, they are confused because they NEVER had this done before. And they now feel apart of what is happening. Their anticipation has just now shot to the roof! ..... They are thinking, that this may really be real and that the reader is special and can reach into their mind and spirit. The overall feeling is an uneasiness mixed with excitement.

A few people had me make the cloth the height of the book and long enough to wrap the book three times. So that you can bring out the cloth wrap book and lay it on the table. Now you flip the book right to left and unroll the book at the last flip, the book now comes into view and looks old. What a good way to introduce the CODEX book.

Anyway, that is the reason of a cloth. A cloth that can be used with the CODEX book or as a stand alone tossing/reading cloth. I have made a book wrapping that does the first part of the CODEX routine, if you know what I mean. And it is amazing.

Just my two cents.

Best
Ray
Great description Ray. Thanks, no I get it. What do they cost?
Now I get it. Sorry, fat fingers and little buttons.
[quote]
On 2013-12-20 22:36, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
Bobby is a good guy. I can not wait to see what else he comes out with
[/quote]

I'm hoping that he releases a special edition of Code, as it was done with Lillian, Luna, Ipswich, WA, etc.

CHRIS
Now I get it. Sorry, fat fingers and little buttons.
Got mine yesterday,....yay, thanks to Bobbie's great customer service, adds to my reading along with still lovingly pouring over my Dopps trio during the holiday week off!
I am considering using Codex as an "in" adapted to my new OA treat, Lil'sD...but mostly plan to use Codex as a stand alone, or with WA or some other routines since it fits in soooo well with many themes!
Will this ever be reprinted?

Wish I seen this topic a week ago.
I really do not post much but I have to let the group know that after the postal service lost the first one Bobby shipped another one as soon as he could (along with a little gift). I cannot say enough about him and his customer service. Top notch all the way. As for the Codex it is more than you could ask for. It looks fantastic and I will be using it for years to come. Thanks again Bobby.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Dec 21, 2013 05:45PM)
As per bobby there is no plan to reprint this that I know of. poor guy had to hand age all of these by him self. I feel bad for him.
My first copy was damaged by USPS. My second was held up by USPS due to weather. (I had a tracking number and could see this to be true) Bobby went out of his way more than once to make sure when I opened this package it was a magic moment. This effect has so far been met with blank stares followed by a grin by other magicians I have tried it on. Im going full live with it tomorrow. I cannot wait to see what comes next from Bobby as anyone who has delt with him knows him by name and would absolutely do business again. I have probably 8 or more emails from him when my package was delayed apologizing and updating me on the hell being raised to get it in my hands. ...so thanks and thumbs up!
Bobby,I can only repeat what already has been said before!
Finished the PDF,and can now only say ...Thank You! :)
Now,the wait for arrival of book!
I can see how emoitonal,this can be...

Gary
Hey godzy did you get #100????
My original book, never arrived, Bobby kept an open and concerned communication, and when we realized that was lost, he sent me another one, no question asked.
Excellent service and great guy.
I will buy from him again...
Pablo
[quote]
On 2013-12-22 09:17, Dr Spektor wrote:
Hey godzy did you get #100????
[/quote]

Dr Spektor,I do have the final copy coming.
I do not think they are numbered,tho!
First of all, I’d like to extend a huge “Thank You” to every single person who has posted on this topic, as well as those “lurkers” who have given me their support in private.
I only made fifty books to start with, and I regretted that decision the moment that I made it. How could I possibly sell fifty? I was so unsure of myself that I didn’t age them all; I just aged ten. And ten seemed like a stretch. I was honestly (and optimistically) hoping to just sell the first ten by January. We haven’t even seen January yet and not only have I sold the first fifty, but another fifty as well. It really has been overwhelming. I’m working full time as a mechanic (fifty hours a week). Coming home from a ten-hour day and aging books for another 4-6 hours is the hardest work I’ve ever experienced. On the same token, it’s been the most rewarding and in retrospect I’d work twice as hard for such amazing feedback and comments from you guys. There were moments were I was so overwhelmed that I was sure I was in over my head- and I was. There were many books ruined. I probably threw away close to 20 books. It was a learning curve with lots of mistakes made (expensive mistakes), but it all worked out and looking back it was the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done.
Which brings me to my next point: future projects. More specifically- Codex V. Ever since I sold out a few days ago, I’ve received almost fifteen PMs and emails. I would never just jump in to making a second edition or an extremely limited edition unless you all thought it was OK. So I thought I’d humbly ask of you all for your permission to make a second edition of these books. To be fair to the collectors, it’d be an obvious second edition. Different look/color scheme on the cover (possibly even leather), and it’d say “Second Edition” somewhere on it. I’m not doing this for me, but for the many people who’ve asked me if I’d ever re-release it. I promised them I’d ask. Again, I’m not doing anything of the sort without an obviously high amount of blessing from you all. So, if you have any thoughts on this, please let me know here on this thread. I want this to be a group decision. Someone suggested having the cover stamp be silver instead of gold and having it say “second edition” on the cover/author page. Throw your ideas out there or even just your thoughts on whether or not it should be done. I’m so new at this that I don’t know what’s socially acceptable in this “world”. Let me know.
The second pdf is coming soon. I’ve only received three ideas and two are from the same guy (Bryn aka Brynmore13/14). I was hoping to get at least five but maybe even ten before releasing it. If I don’t get any more in the next three or four weeks I’ll just publish it with the ideas I’ve received.
For the sake of brevity (too late?), I’d just like to thank you all for the support and help. You’ve proved that in a world of intense marketing and cut-throat business, our small bizarre world is all about the quality of the ideas and will open its arms to anyone who pours their heart into something, even if they’re an absolute nobody.
I'm still waiting for mine and with all the talk of copies being lost in the mail, I'm starting to get nervous!
[quote]
On 2013-12-22 16:43, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
I'm still waiting for mine and with all the talk of copies being lost in the mail, I'm starting to get nervous!
[/quote] Check your PMs! I'm sure it's fine :) Christmas time is crazy.
Thanks Bobby! Even though my copy may be lost in the great ice storm that hit Texas...... if it, or a second copy, does eventually show up I say print more. Personally I would have liked to age my own copy anyway. You are not the first guy here to have started a labor of love....... only to have it turn into a nightmare. Do what you wish with regards to additional copies.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Craig
On behalf of those of us who were caught napping - while trying to justify more spending on props:
If you do decide to bring out a second edition, could it be identified in ways OTHER than the words second edition? Changing the color of the cover or markings would be fine, but as I understand it - the "second edition" statement would negate some of the back story.
Please understand that I am coming from a position of not knowing exactly how this book works or is used, but I was thinking that it was described as a copy of an ancient (or at least arcane) unique book (ie. there would only ever have been one edition).
Just some thoughts from someone who missed out - and would love to see a non-collectors edition at a lower price if that were possible, while maintaining a reasonable impression of a genuine old book.
Thanks for considering this.
[quote]
On 2013-12-22 18:07, Sparrowhwk wrote:
On behalf of those of us who were caught napping - while trying to justify more spending on props:
If you do decide to bring out a second edition, could it be identified in ways OTHER than the words second edition? Changing the color of the cover or markings would be fine, but as I understand it - the "second edition" statement would negate some of the back story.
Please understand that I am coming from a position of not knowing exactly how this book works or is used, but I was thinking that it was described as a copy of an ancient (or at least arcane) unique book (ie. there would only ever have been one edition).
Just some thoughts from someone who missed out - and would love to see a non-collectors edition at a lower price if that were possible, while maintaining a reasonable impression of a genuine old book.
Thanks for considering this.
[/quote]
Hi Guys.

Bobby and I have been discussing the Codex for quite a while. He was my partner on the 5 Shot tarot last year.

He was thrilled that the book was extremely well received but even before it sold out (incredibly fast) he was receiving emails from people that wanted to buy it but didn't have the finances in place to jump on it that quick. This is rather common in this area, where a purchase has to be "planned for" sometime in the near future.

The end result of the quick sell out was a lot of people didn't have a chance to get one.

He has a very busy schedule with work and as much as he would like some more to be available, he just doesn't have the time to do it.

He and I had been discussing my new Diary effect (which Bobby has been contributing to, along with Vic Nadata) and he asked me if the guys said it was OK would I be willing to produce 50 first edition, second printing Codex books.

They would have a navy blue cover and a silver embossed symbol and be fully aged. I told him I would be willing to produce and handle the distribution of the book.

This discussion has been going on the past month with Bobby and I.

I told him it is important that he get the OK from a good majority of Codex buyers before he goes ahead with the additional second printing run of the final 50 units.

As an assurance I discussed with Bobby that the run would then be over and the book would not be printed again after the final additional 50 units are sold.

So the machine is in place to make a second print of the book. It will look different than the first print.

Let Bobby know what you think and Bobby will make the decision whether or not to release an additional 50 revised units (First Edition second print, different cover)
As a purchaser of Codex, I am fine with this. Creators should make some money. Gives them an insentive to continue creating.
Bobby Hasbun, Rick Roth and Vic Nadata...now there's a combination! I will be in line for anything those three come up with together.

I have an early copy of Codex and I encourage Bobby to allow the printing of the fifty new copies. He deserves the profit.

As hard as he worked to create this treasure, he has worked even harder to age and handle the logistics involved in packaging and shipping them.

(Something Rick has dealt with successfully for years too!).

Andre
Bobby,do what you want! :)
But,Never,Never,Never just use a limit comment,to just sell a product! (we Hate that!)
Give a COA with edition number,with Future releases...we love that! :)
[quote]
On 2013-12-22 19:22, steven-gibson wrote:
As a purchaser of Codex, I am fine with this. Creators should make some money. Gives them an insentive to continue creating.
[/quote]

I agree completely.
In addition, I would not even limit it to just 50.
I'm alright with another additional 50, and I might just get another one for that matter.
I think it's great. I completely agree with Steven.. creatives need to make money to be able to keep creating.
Love that Bobby is partnering with Outlaw.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Dec 23, 2013 01:34AM)
I really like this book and think that is adds so much to the theme of WTF!!!!!

After the back story this thing grabs attention and spooks people.

I like the idea of another run of CODEX books. In my opinion, why do a limited number. There are only a small market for things of this nature. Kept the price somewhat high will keep it out of the hands of the curious.

I would like to see this second print of books made sightly different from the first by adding a thing or two. First I think that it might be cool to have a poem at the beginning of the new book. The poem should be in keeping with the theme and written in old world language. It would talk about this book of life and death and hint at something else (to be determined). The poem would be a way of telling buyers that this is the second print run of books. Instead of having the words, '2nd print' written for all to see, use the poem as a gauge of letting folks know that this is the Second printing. This is (supposed) to be a CODEX book and it wasn't mass produced. If anything, it was printed as an underground book and was meant only for certain eyes. If the words, '2nd printing' is included in the book, you might as we'll add a bar code to totally destroy the backstory and make this just another 'magic prop'.

Since this book can tell you the birthdate of anyone living or passed by using a pendulum over the snake chart, maybe for the death date, there might be another more darker pendulum chart with a death poem on the opposite page. Of course you would only hint at this part of the book and maybe do a dead and alive routine with this dark chart. Just an idea. Seems to me that you would have two different pendulum charts for the life and death dates.

The first printing is a great book, but I foresee that the second printing could make this book MORE amazing by adding a thing here and there.

I haven't been using the book as much as when I first received it because of other projects I have been working on. But I had started doing something different at the end of the routine that seemed to be cool. I just forgot to write to Bobby about it to see if he liked it. I guess a PM is in order! There is also a little thing to add to the snake chart that would make this user friendly to the sitter and expand the routine.

Bobby, you have hit a home run with this.

Best
Ray
I am still waiting for mine as well. I hope it isn't with those that are lost :(

Chris
Chris, tracking for all domestic books shipped in your batch shows an estimated arrival of December 26th. PM me with the email you used to buy the book and ill send you the tracking. All the domestic ones that were lost were due to the Midwest storms.
To everyone else- Thanks for all the feedback! I need some time to make the final decision so
Please be patient :) I had a customer demand a refund on both his copies if I re-release it so I need to deal with that as well as a few other decisions before finally deciding. But thanks again for all your support and I'll let you
all know my final decision!
Bobby,

If you have to refund a copy or two of the first edition, I'm sure someone will snap them up. I'm ok with a second edition, loving some of Ray's ideas above (and hopefully Ray has pm'ed his idea to you for inclusion in the manual). I say release some more, if we end up with a couple of hundred copies worldwide, that's cool. We can still still claim that these were a limited underground publication, all absolutely true.

Now to everyone else, how about putting our thinking caps on and seeing if we can get the ten new handlings / presentational ideas Bobby is after before rereleasing the manual.

Brynmore
[quote]
On 2013-12-23 03:29, Brynmore14 wrote:
Bobby,

If you have to refund a copy or two of the first edition, I'm sure someone will snap them up. I'm ok with a second edition, loving some of Ray's ideas above (and hopefully Ray has pm'ed his idea to you for inclusion in the manual). I say release some more, if we end up with a couple of hundred copies worldwide, that's cool. We can still still claim that these were a limited underground publication, all absolutely true.

Now to everyone else, how about putting our thinking caps on and seeing if we can get the ten new handlings / presentational ideas Bobby is after before rereleasing the manual.

Brynmore
[/quote] more ideas for the PDF would be great :) And as far as the refund, that's just one factor. I'll think long and hard but I'm sure you'll be happy with my final decision :)
Those are great ideas Ray. Bobby has been nothing but a pleasure to work with and my second book appears ready for delivery before xmas :)
Should the other book ever show up....I have told Bobby I will drop ship it, at my expense, to anyone Bobby wishes.

Offer it both aged and non aged Rick. A leather cover would be AWESOME!
As I stated above, I think a second release is great for Bobby.... And the parameters of this sound cool .
BUT over all I do like the limited nature of items like this. (I just picked up the final Spiritus Magnus from Outlaw.)

I wouldn't be happy if Prof BC suddenly decided to release 100 more volumes of the original 3 Dopps books.
He handles it well by adding different volumes in the future, which satisfies everyone.
It sucks if a person misses out on the original run... But that's the way it goes.

BTW - PM me if you have a copy of GH*ST for sale...... :)
[quote]
On 2013-12-23 08:47, horus1 wrote:
As I stated above, I think a second release is great for Bobby.... And the parameters of this sound cool .
BUT over all I do like the limited nature of items like this. (I just picked up the final Spiritus Magnus from Outlaw.)

I wouldn't be happy if Prof BC suddenly decided to release 100 more volumes of the original 3 Dopps books.
He handles it well by adding different volumes in the future, which satisfies everyone.
It sucks if a person misses out on the original run... But that's the way it goes.

BTW - PM me if you have a copy of GH*ST for sale...... :)
[/quote] Exactly! That's the final decision I need to make. It's a tough one...
Still waiting for mine and no communications either!

Worried now!
[/quote] Exactly! That's the final decision I need to make. It's a tough one...
[/quote]

And that's the beauty of letting Rick combine it into another dairy. Add some extra pages and effects. Rename it and issue a 100 copies of what is a new product.
In fairness, Bobby only said "limited quanities". I think the 100 units was essentially thrust upon him because we are used to Prof BC's works being sold in 100 unit lots.

I would like to see Bobby be well rewarded for his efforts. I do not believe that he is obligated to 100 units. This will certainly NEVER be a mass release for the general magic community -- at least I HOPE not! Offing this item for a few months in this forum certainly limits the distribution of books to serious members of this community only. That is indeed a very limited release whether the actual number is 100 or 150, and precisely what Bobby promised.

Bobby's partnership with Rick sounds like a wonderful step forward. Thank you both for your efforts.
[quote]
On 2013-12-23 09:38, shadowspirit wrote:
Still waiting for mine and no communications either!

Worried now!

[/quote] Check your spam folder and your PMs :)
Just received a pm!
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Dec 23, 2013 09:56AM)
If you just add the small things that I have mention to the 2nd printing, it makes this a new and up to date version from the orginal book. And that should be enough to allow for more books. Companies do this all the time, why not allow Bobby to do the same.

Ray
I think a second edition would be great...the second edition would be just different enough to set it apart from the first edition...but still have the integrity and the effect impact of the first edition.

Go for it Bobby...! Please put me on the list for purchase of the second edition...as for those who are crying foul and wanting a refund, its too bad that they feel that way. They are not being cheated in any way, shape, or form. But also remember...they now have the secret of the workings...that is what they paid for. The prop with which to "perform" the secret isn't the real value here.

Continued Success,
Dan
Was fortunate enough to reserve a copy of Codex in October, but shipping of it was part of the last snafu. I too became concerned knowing that this was a sellout and prayed another copy was available to resend. Bobby did his best to rectify the situation and I received a tracking # this weekend for the replacement. As he mentioned, many copies were trashed during the "learning curve" of the aging process. Also, I suspect quite a few books were used to replace the orders lost during the snare of the shipping snafu. In retrospect, there are many less books that actually made it into the hands of us. I do not object to another limited version of this being made available. If anyone is a fan of Magic Wagon, you understand how frustrating it is to miss out on one of their very limited releases. I would like to see a new material used for the hardback cover, not sure what exactly, but just something to set it apart from the original. Maybe leather, or something like the special edition of Lillian. I'm sure Moonskin @ AM could put together a superb looking book using the ornate leatherwork she's known for. This would make the book something completely different than a binded copy. Maybe make the size even larger so a hand could actually fit on the codex page (since I'm without my copy, not sure what the actual size is, but guessing it's similar to the other BK's we are familiar with.) My final thoughts also are in agreement that another version should NOT have "second edition" anywhere on it. Cost should be high so the curious would refrain and price would also cover any premium limited edition redesign/materials. Using tracking with delivery confirmation signature on all orders would be wise too. Bobby, it's clear you have good intentions to think this out carefully, and I respect that - but you are not going to please everyone (however you decide.) Again, I say release a special edition.

CHRIS
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Dec 23, 2013 12:37PM)
It is my point of view that since bobby is having to replace a lot of lost books that he has to pay for out of his own pocket that he should be able to pint another run to pay for that unforeseen expense. he deserves to make a profit as is anyone doing this. if he loses money on this work why on earth would he want to create more? in this spirit I will support him as he has proven not only to offer fair prices but awesome customer service. Bobby has earned much respect here now.
Agreed. Bobby's attention to customer service has been truly admirable. He deserves to be supported and encouraged to keep up the excellent work.
For the next release will be nice a moleskine kind of diary with an inner pocket with an old envelope in it maybe not aged this time kind of personal diary with drawing etc... Just a thought :)
Bobby, I support you in whatever route you choose. I get to open my C0dex in the morning...

Merry Christmas,

David
I would LOVE a shot at a second edition (however, PLEASE leave "Second Edition" OFF the front cover. Please please?)

The only thing I would add is that I really did fall in love with the overall look of the first printing. The cloth bound just really lends itself to a beautiful aging process (much like GH*ST)

My suggestion would be to change the overall color scheme but keep the build the same. It would be much easier, I suspect, since this is what Bobby has already had practice producing and aging. Less trial and error, ya know?

Either way, I hope to have the opportunity my good man!

Merry Christmas to all!
I would love a copy of the book.

If you could give as some lead time, ETA. And price, I can make sure I have the money available as soon it's available.
How about just making 50 more the same ?
None Better,none Worse,the same!

Then next effect do not make a limit,or just stay to it ! :)

Remember,I requested the last copy,and am OK with the above!
[quote]
[/quote]

Me too !
Mine came today. YEA!! And I left a it on my desk at work. Oh well. Merry Christmas everyone!
[quote]
On 2013-12-24 17:49, Circusman wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Me too !
[/quote] nothing to worry about.... Shipping is just behind because of Christmas. 3 books got lost due to crazy storms here in the US but outside of Texas that's all over.
It (2nd shipment) just arrived. THANK YOU Bobby! You didn't have to go the extra mile for me......... but you did.

Merry Christmas,

Craig
Tracking on mine indicates a delivery will be made on the 26th. Only part of going back to work tomorrow I'm looking forward to!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Gawain_and_the_Green_Knight

But do as thy will
If you take the suggestions given and make the second edition better, or if you make it different in any way, you should then offer all buyers of the first edition the opportunity to exchange their copy for the new one. Considering this, you may want to take the suggestion of Godzilla, and just make 50 more identical copies of the original.

When you announce that a book will be limited to a certain number of copies, you benefit in several ways. You make sales based on the theory of exclusivity. Performers like to have something that they know is being used by relatively few people. Collectors know that because of the limited number, they will someday, most likely be able to make a profit on their investment. Lastly, no matter what motivates their purchase, everyone hurries to place their order before its to late. If there is no danger of an item selling out, many will wait indefinitely, perhaps never placing an order at all.

I know that my purchase of Codex was definitely an impulse buy. I liked the idea of the book, but was not sure if I would actually use it. There were only a few copies left, so I went ahead and purchased one while I could. I figured that if it didn't suit me, I could easily sell it to someone who had missed the deadline. If you are selling something as a limited edition, you really need to be prepared to stick to that promise. If however, you choose to print further copies, do not feel compelled to make some random change, merely to make it different from the original edition and thereby allowing you to (technically) keep the initial promise of a limited edition. That's ridiculous.
[quote]
On 2013-12-25 19:28, Brad Jeffers wrote:
If you take the suggestions given and make the second edition better, or if you make it different in any way, you should then offer all buyers of the first edition the opportunity to exchange their copy for the new one. Considering this, you may want to take the suggestion of Godzilla, and just make 50 more identical copies of the original.

When you announce that a book will be limited to a certain number of copies, you benefit in several ways. You make sales based on the theory of exclusivity. Performers like to have something that they know is being used by relatively few people. Collectors know that because of the limited number, they will someday, most likely be able to make a profit on their investment. Lastly, no matter what motivates their purchase, everyone hurries to place their order before its to late. If there is no danger of an item selling out, many will wait indefinitely, perhaps never placing an order at all.

I know that my purchase of Codex was definitely an impulse buy. I liked the idea of the book, but was not sure if I would actually use it. There were only a few copies left, so I went ahead and purchased one while I could. I figured that if it didn't suit me, I could easily sell it to someone who had missed the deadline. If you are selling something as a limited edition, you really need to be prepared to stick to that promise. If however, you choose to print further copies, do not feel compelled to make some random change, merely to make it different from the original edition and thereby allowing you to (technically) keep the initial promise of a limited edition. That's ridiculous.
[/quote] Brad: I feel the same way! And if there ever were amendments to the book it wouldn't just be for the sake of difference. Either way, Merry Christmas! Thanks for your input and know that what I'm mostly leaning toward is using the same hidden/justified method for something entirely different... Not just a (slight) variation. Maybe even for a non-book/non-birthday idea.
Seriously?

98 books for 7.132 billion people?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

200 books for 7.132 billion people?

Do the math
Ok, I'll do it for you

1.374088614694335e-8 vs 2.807805699845571e-8

If you are slow at math.......that's an insignificant difference.......by a few billon
[quote]
On 2013-12-25 17:44, Dr Spektor wrote:

But do as thy will
[/quote]

Explain please?
The book did not come with a numbered cert. did it? To be a true limited edition it would have had numbered copies.

I agree with RCP. 100-150-200 units in the scheme of things is highly limited. There are 56,000 members of this board alone and there are plenty of people interested in Magic that are not on this forum.

Bobby did'nt say there would be 100 made because he thought that would make it more valuable in years to come, he said 100 because he has a full time job and knew he could probably produce 100 and then get his life back :)
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Dec 25, 2013 08:33PM)
Roth,
I agree 100% with what you have said. There is a small number of people who would be interested in books of this nature anyway, so why the fuss?

I would love to have Bobby work on another book and add a few things. But I am happy with the book as it is also. I like the idea of having a chart for the death date and am working on my own design so that I can at the least place it on a casting cloth along with the snake chart.

Ray
[quote]
On 2013-10-02 11:57, bobbyhasbun wrote:
Although the website does say "limited quantities", it does not specify. I can tell you, though, that only 50 were printed and the majority is gone. Once they're gone, I'll make 50 more, and that will be it forever.
[/quote]

I've already PMed Bobby and told him that I was okay with doing another batch. However, I have to admit that I did what Brad did... I felt rushed to buy because of the exclusivity of the product and there were only 25 left. I probably would not have bought now had I known that another 50 or 100 would be produced. I'm not mad or anything, but I can see how someone might be upset given that it was stated that this was limited to 100 and that a new, possibly better printing might be available for people who procrastinated. Regardless, I am happy to have gotten a C0dex and thank Bobby for his hard work.

I know I was bummed that I didn't get a GH*ST when they were available. Can Prof BC do another run of that one for me!

Tim
After they sold out so quick and Bobby started getting requests for more books he contacted me about the possibility of me producing 50 more to give the guys that missed it one last shot. We came to an agreement that would give Bobby very nice compensation for the additional 50 units.

For me I would do it if the 50 books are identical to the first 100 but with a different color cover and have first edition second printing. This makes the first 100 unique and obviously the original book.

What that also does is give the first 100 some provenance. Because there are no numbered certificates, a second print different cover is actually proof that you have an original limited edition book if you have one of the first 100.

I think you were smart to get in the first run Konjurer because I believe if Bobby decides to do 50 more they will sell out in a matter of a couple of weeks too.

I will not do more than 50 and I know that is all that Bobby would do whether he did them himself or I produced them.

As I mentioned in another post, in the scheme of things 150 books is an extremely limited amount.

He wants to do a good thing here by giving some people a last chance to get something he probably never thought he would sell out of so quick.

A little tidbit here. I paid a pretty penny for a first edition first print of Annemann's Practical Mental Magic.
This was a few years ago. When I bought it the book was in its 8-10th printing? Hundreds and hundreds if not thousands have sold since he wrote it. Didn't matter to me.

Up to Bobby.

Happy Holidays Spooky :)
I just feel that if you're ONLY going to print an extra 50 - keep it the same look. Color, build, materials, etc....then call it done. Its a second printing planned after it's been sold out for roughly two weeks? And people are JUST getting their copies? Its not like years have gone by.

Especially with the original offering being double what this "second edition" would be in terms of units (Original = 100. 2nd = 50). I could understand having a second run of a 100 and THEN worrying about differentiating them. Only tacking on 50 doesn't really dilute the market enough to warrant it being changed for a "second edition."

Besides - would it just be for personal knowledge of having a coveted 1st copy and inflating the second hand market price (if there ever would be one; I doubt anyone would want to let it go! Its too beauteous!)?
I received mines today.

WOW ! O.K. it's an old method, but it's been completely re-vamped in an astounding way that will knock the socks off everyone !

Absolutely well worth the money, and goes up there alongside my Outlaw-Effects books.

Sheer genius ! Thanks Bobby !

Bobby.
I received mine today as well. It is very well made.

I'll have to admit that when I first read the manual, I was a little disappointed in the method. It is an old method and I already have 4 products that use this particular method and a couple of my own routines I developed based on the same principle. However, all comparisons to those end rather quickly. This is a clever twist to the principle that I'm guessing will make it much easier to perform. Well conceived and executed!

Thanks Bobby.

Tim
I don't think anyone who delt with bobby would hold a grudge if he printed 50 more books. I do think they would question him in the future when the words limited release get used. I would automatically look at anything he put out next through his site. Bobby earned a lot of respect on his first release but not a lot of money. Since there is no way to balance the two after the fact - the question is up to Bobby whether or not after 100 books this item sold out.
[quote]
On 2013-12-25 20:55, RCP wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-12-25 17:44, Dr Spektor wrote:

But do as thy will
[/quote]

Explain please?
[/quote]

Explain? That would ruin it!
Doc tends to beat around the bush with allegories. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the point he is trying to make:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confucianism
The aged Codex I ordered in October is still M.I.A. In the meantime I've received a "lightly aged" version which Bobby sent to me for comparison purposes. As it stands now, obviously I have nothing to compare it to.

Looking at the lightly aged version, however, I wonder if additional aging is even necessary or wanted. To me, the pages with the hands and fortunes bear graphics and fonts that look decidedly modern. I also don't see any old-fashioned words or phrases that would lead anyone to believe this book has anything but contemporary origins. It might be self-defeating to try to pass this book off as being from the 1870s (the [i]19[/i]70s maybe).

This raises the question: why does "old" necessarily mean "magical?" Why can't the Codex have just as much power if I were to say I recently obtained it from a voodoo store in New Orleans or from a band of wandering Wiccans on a lonely country road? As Dr. Spektor mentioned in an earlier post, why discuss the book's age at all? Does it not only add to the mystery to say, "I have no idea how old it is or who wrote it but I've been told it possesses some unique qualities?"
Some very good horror and fantasy fiction has some decidely modern settings and is still very effective, so I am inclined to agree. I like the idea that I just came across this book in a very mundane setting like a flea market, or second hand book store, however I later realised the book was anything but mundane.
As for a revised version of the Codex, I have some definite ideas but, since they get too much into the nuts and bolts of the effect, I posted them down in the Crypt:
[url]http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=537574&forum=221&0[/url]
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Dec 28, 2013 09:10PM)
Mind Gorillia, I like your ideas.

Bobby's book is just kicking and screaming to be heard!!!!!

What a cool and magical tome. The book of life and death.

With a few convincing bits and the book will take on a magical presents and appear to be the real deal.

Ray
Hello,

Due to recent heavy rains, I was worried that my book might not make it safely to France but it did and I'm very pleased to have it in my hands right now.
It is beautiful and I - very certainly - will order whatever comes next.

Cheers.
I am pleased to say that mine has arrived as well.
If more are printed as a second edition with a different cover and those that have the first one want a second one then even more people will miss out because I'm sure several of us would want the second edition too. Lol. Rick's witch book has been around for years now and he's still selling them. I have yet to see someone perform with WA yet. I say just keep making them Bobby. :)
A massive thank you to Bobby.. Credit is due when you make a complaint and it is dealt with in an exemplary
way..Back in November I wasn't happy with the ageing that I received my book in...rather than 'that's how they
come' attitude, Bobby worked to age a book to my requirements of which I have now received. He has even added
foxing to some of the pages as I requested. It now looks genuinely lightly aged, and appropriate to the fonts
used in the text..Well done Sir...you are a true gent. We all need to support people like Bobby to continue
serving our community with their work!!
I agree Bobby is a true gntleman! I sent him some ideas for the next print :)
CODEX CLOTH
Ray Noble (Magical Dimensions) put out a great thing to accompany CODEX. It is an "Aged" looking cloth with two palms one pointing one way for the Magi to put his palm upon and one pointing the other way for the Spectator to put His/Hers palm upon. Between the two there is the snake that swallows his tail and within this circle are the dates of the month and the 12 months of the year
The idea is both you and the spectator put your palms on the cloth whilst the spectator holds a Pendulum above the snake concentrating on her birthdate and let the Pendulum do his work.
After a short while the "psychic" says that he has received enough info and does the reveal. Ray made a great job of the cloth that most definitely compliments Codex but much more than that it gives the performer the time to put the book aside and work the miracle. I am sure if you PM Ray he will let you have the details.
It is a great addition to Codex. One not to be missed.
Cheers
Roni
As,been said before!...Bobby,has given Great customer service!
My Codex V,got caught up in Postal issues...No fault of, Bobby.
It only made it to Texas! (I think it wanted to go to,RCP or Stoltz! :))
Bobby,went out of his way to resolve!

Thanks !

Gary
I have made a rather foolish error and I hope you guys can help me rectify it.

I carelessly posted the name of the CV book in the "Trick of the Year" thread here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=536512&forum=109&212&start=150

I did this with good intentions, hoping Bobby would get the recognition he deserves for his excellent product. However, I did not code the name and now it comes up on Google searches.

I can only apologise for this oversight.

Due to the weird way the Café works, I cannot edit my post. I have reported it, requesting that it be amended / deleted, but so far no action has been taken.

Please can I ask you guys to click the link above, find my post and press the "Report button" selecting "Exposure" and giving a short explanation of what is wrong with the post.

Thanks in advance for your help. Hopefully if enough people complain about my post, something will be done.

Once again, sorry for the mistake. I hope you can see my intentions were good.
This book is wonderful! Just had today a psychic party and the performance and feedback was great!
Thanks Booby for your work and great customer service!
Luca
Bobby,

WOW, this thread is approaching 27K views! I think it's safe to say, another 100 copies will once again sell out. My highest compliments on your book. Very well done and it's a keeper for me.

CHRIS
MatCult,

Reported as requested.
Ditto !
[quote]
On 2014-01-09 15:16, Brynmore14 wrote:
MatCult,

Reported as requested.
[/quote]

Thanks for your help Brynmore & Godzilla. The post has now been edited by hands unseen. Hopefully Google will update in the next few days and we can go back to blissful secrecy...
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jan 10, 2014 01:12PM)
Roni,
I am glad that you like the cloth that I made for you and I really LOVE your CODEX routine that you shared with me. It adds a new element to the overall feel of using this book.

Matcult, I am glad that the name was removed from the other thread.

Best
Ray
My Beautiful CV3,arrived today at 'Monster Island'!

@ Bobby
Also,Thanks from Lillian & Sadie !
They love their,New(Old) Toys! :)

~G
Gee - I guess I've been asleep for months since Bobby showed this to our SAM meeting over Haloween.

Wow - what a response!

I should have bought one on the spot.

Congrats to Bobby - a great and creative performer.

Happy New Year Bobby.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Jan 14, 2014 02:02PM)
Mine finally got here! I hate the xmas rush on the postal service......

all I can say is WOW! this is a solid working piece that can be used in
either a mental effect or if you are like me you can use it while you give
readings to add a little mystery to your readings. I got to say I wish this
would stay limited for selfish reasons but know that for bobby to make any cash on this
he will need to sell more of them. so with that in mind I am glad boddy will have a
chance to make more.

thank you bobby!
Let the man make some money and rerprint folks...does anyone really have a problem with this?
Not me
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Jan 14, 2014 04:46PM)
Not really no, other then I would love to be the only one ever to perform this lol. but I know that's just rude of me so yes I want him to make money so he will make more items later
No problem here.
Those of us that missed out certainly thank you early adopters for your willingness to be cool regarding a reprint.

Much appreciated! ;)
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jan 15, 2014 10:12AM)
I think that Bobby should be able to print more books if he likes. I see no reason not to. Go for it.

As far as the CODEX cloths that I have made for a few people, I made them for the first run of books. If Bobby prints more CV books, I will not be offering anymore cloths. As far as I am concerned, the cloth goes with Bobby's frist run of books only.

I am looking forward for a new printing of the CV because I hope that it will have a few things added that will make it even more amazing.

Best
Ray
I suggested some ideas to Bobby, hopefully they will be in the second printing :)
Did the second PDF ever get sent out? Just want to make sure I didn't miss it.
[quote]
On 2014-01-15 19:06, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Did the second PDF ever get sent out? Just want to make sure I didn't miss it.
[/quote] I'm still compiling it. Only 2 of 100 people have sent me ideas :( But along with my own ideas that makes 8 total. If I don't get any more by next week
I'll have it laid out and send it out! :)
Feel free to include the routine I send you, too, Bobby :)
What's the price on this item and are there plans to reprint it soonish? :)
@TimonK- Will do :) Had quite a few last minute submissions (thankfully)... I'll add yours in tonight. @Spookyone- Thanks for the interest! They sold for $109 shipped in the US and $119 everywhere else. No plans to reprint at the moment but that's tentative.
That was the axe I was hoping didn't fall...

Sad news to us who missed out.
[quote]
On 2014-02-20 21:05, illusioneer wrote:
That was the axe I was hoping didn't fall...

Sad news to us who missed out.
[/quote] The axe isn't completely sharpened :) Like I said- it's tentative. I really am trying to figure out a way to make it work. Don't lose hope yet! The biggest obstacle is making it different enough to not offend first edition owners. And the changes have to be justified by more than just "for the sake of change".
Bobby... I for one do not really buy this type of product for the exclusivity... I have no issue with you producing more...
What Tim said...!!! Go for it Bobby...
I would love a copy also, but thought I'd missed the boat.
[quote]
On 2014-02-20 19:37, bobbyhasbun wrote:
@TimonK- Will do :) Had quite a few last minute submissions (thankfully)... I'll add yours in tonight. @Spookyone- Thanks for the interest! They sold for $109 shipped in the US and $119 everywhere else. No plans to reprint at the moment but that's tentative.
[/quote]

Sounds reasonable, thanks for the response. Perhaps one day you'll do a reprint and I'll be lucky enough to purchase one.
I had been on the fringes of hope for a reprint as well.
[quote]
On , bobbyhasbun wrote:

[/quote] The axe isn't completely sharpened :) Like I said- it's tentative. I really am trying to figure out a way to make it work. Don't lose hope yet! The biggest obstacle is making it different enough to not offend first edition owners. And the changes have to be justified by more than just "for the sake of change".
[/quote]

I respect this decision, and as a first edition owner I have to admit I like the exclusiveness ;)

Keep up the good work bobby!
Still love this book. I will definitly get another version if it is released and different!
Hey there people,

for anyone interested in buying a copy of the C0DEX:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=544695&forum=76&0

All the best,

Timon
Very fortunate to have just picked up a second hand one of these books. Blooming brilliant stuff. Really nice effect, I have told Bobby to crack on and bring out a 2nd edition. I have put my name down for one if he chooses to release it. It even passed the wife test!!
We need some folks to come up with some alternate handlings for Bobby H to put in the updated instructions pdf. I've sent him a couple of ideas for using CV with some other effects and some other gems. If Bobby gets some more ideas then we will all benefit from the updated handlings. It will be a CV forum in a pdf.
Brynmore14 good idea for sure as this book is one of the better ones out there. Your contribution is really good. It's so different and interesting and that's what its all about.
Thanks Darkness :)
FYI - Codex V for sale down below for anyone looking for one of these awesome books....... ( not mine )

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=559002&forum=76
How can I get the updated pdf?
Hi Luca! I never got enough material but if you shoot me an email, I'll email you back a couple of cool routines. I guess I can compile them into a (very small) PDF. Until then, I'll just send you the file that was sent to me. Thanks again for your support!
Bobby,

Even a small pdf would be awesome.

Brynmore
[quote]On Jul 11, 2014, Brynmore14 wrote:
Bobby,

Even a small pdf would be awesome.

Brynmore [/quote]
Great! I'll get on it. You and Timon had some exceptional ideas. I think it'll be a 3 or 4 item PDF at best.
Timon's routine is beautiful. So well crafted.
Count me in on that
I would also love to have an updated pdf no matter how small it is, was lucky enough to obtain a CV 2nd hand & love it !
Me too! It's great fun to perform. I've still not told anyone when they're going to die!!!
Hi I also bought a copy on the dark market because they had been sold out for a while. I got very lucky. This is a great effect and I would also love to see what others have come up with presentation wise. Thanks.
Brynmore is helping me compile/edit the PDF. Thanks again for the interest guys. There won't be a lot of material in the PDF but it will all be top quality. To all of you who purchased it second-hand, send me a PM with your email address. Thanks!
Anyone who has any material to contribute, it is now or never. I will be working on this over the next week or so. Please pm me or Bobby.
Wow, looks like I really missed the ship on purchasing this beauty. I will have to keep viewing Bobby's site to check on his next possible release. (This is what I get for letting real life work interfere with my passion!)
Definitely I suggest you (and all) regularly check in with Bobby and his site,....as a little ravenesque birdie tells me it will not be too long before something wonderful will arise in Phoenix...!
I really like my little Codex book. I would definitely buy another one, if a new one comes out.
[quote]On Jul 12, 2014, bobbyhasbun wrote:
Brynmore is helping me compile/edit the PDF. Thanks again for the interest guys. There won't be a lot of material in the PDF but it will all be top quality. To all of you who purchased it second-hand, send me a PM with your email address. Thanks! [/quote]

Awesome, pm sent, looking forward to it :-)
Wow, was I ever just embarrassed. After pitching codex as a rare out of print book a customer held up his phone to show me that not only was I not telling the truth but that the website says 25 copys are being printed. My copy is now going up for sale in the for sale section as it will never be used by me again. Very dissapointed. This is not the position I expected to be in when using a sold out limited edition item. It called into question everything I had done and said up to that point. That being the point they walked out. Unbelieveable. I would recommend this for a collector only.
[quote]On Jul 30, 2014, ZoOpDoG wrote:
Wow, was I ever just embarrassed. After pitching codex as a rare out of print book a customer held up his phone to show me that not only was I not telling the truth but that the website says 25 copys are being printed. My copy is now going up for sale in the for sale section as it will never be used by me again. Very dissapointed. This is not the position I expected to be in when using a sold out limited edition item. It called into question everything I had done and said up to that point. That being the point they walked out. Unbelieveable. I would recommend this for a collector only. [/quote]
I'm not exactly sure what the issue here is... You run a magic shop, correct? Someone called you on the fact that it's not sold out? It is sold out. That message is old. I tried to have my website person change it but he never did. I'll get on him tonight about it and have it changed by tonight. He took the PayPal button down and when you click on "click here to reserve a copy" it says "CODEX V HAS SOLD OUT" in big letters. I suppose the message below it should be removed though. When you google the name of the book you can't find it at all, so I'm assuming that the customer you were showing this to did magic as well. Have them send me an email or something, I'll explain it. Either way, I'll have the website state the fact that they've sold out more clearly. I'm sorry this was such a huge inconvenience for you. If you'd like a refund, just let me
know. I never thought this was being purchased to be resold in a retail magic shop. Had I known that, I would have been more serious about the website. I thought everyone that purchased these things was for personal use. Stupid of me to assume, I suppose. Either way, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and if there's anything at all I can do to make this better, let me know. Thanks :)
My shop is more occult shop than magic shop. These were not customers here to buy magic. Customers who buy magic at a shop are typically 14 and under and not in the market for these items. It comes up immediatly when you google the name of the book as does magic Café.
Someone posted it as trick of the year. I sent many PMs to have it removed and it never was. As far as google, I just checked and you're right. I had been checking by putting quotes around the phrase. I don't understand why, so I'll just delete everything about the book from the website. So you were trying to sell the book to a non-magician? I was probably just confused by the term "customer" but
I understand now, I think. Either way, I'll make it a point to have the Café remove that person's post again and the website will be erased of the book by tonight. Thanks again and let me know if there's anything else I can do.
Update: I've re-reported the posts about the book on the Café that mention the full title. The website is currently having any remnant of the book removed.
I was not selling the book. I was performing the book. Customer meaning someone who came into my shop and asked for fortune telling. I am just going back to stratight up tarot. I can't have stuff like that happen.
Ok. Well, the site is fixed (may take a few minutes to catch up) and the posts are reported. All I can do now is apologize.
I was not selling the book. I was performing the book. Customer meaning someone who came into my shop and asked for fortune telling. I am just going back to stratight up tarot. I can't have stuff like that happen. [/quote]

I sympathise with you Zoop: this would be my nightmare in the flesh!
Especially these days when everyone is online all the time, they have permanent access to background even as we try to establish rapport.
So yeah, while we're busy trying to suspend it, they have their disbelief checked and confirmed!

Better wait a couple of months before reintroducing the codex.
And even then try to mask the title and all pages naming it.

Courage

xxx Morgaine :giving:
I'm doing everything I can to make this right.

The site is fixed and 1 of 2 of the Café posts is already down. The other post will be down ASAP. Thanks for understanding, guys.
Oh Bobby, please don't take offence at my comment :no:: as a palmreader, this book is OPEN all the time during my readings, so I've never had ANY issues.
But when it does happen (be it like what happened to Zoop or when something else fails) the ground beneath your feet just vanishes...

Thanks for all your efforts to make the codex as waterproof as possible.:cyclops:

xxx Morgaine
[quote]On Jul 30, 2014, morgaine_le_fey wrote:
Oh Bobby, please don't take offence at my comment :no:: as a palmreader, this book is OPEN all the time during my readings, so I've never had ANY issues.
But when it does happen (be it like what happened to Zoop or when something else fails) the ground beneath your feet just vanishes...

Thanks for all your efforts to make the codex as waterproof as possible.:cyclops:

xxx Morgaine [/quote]
None taken! And you're welcome :) I'll have it all cleared up very shortly. Almost done!
Thanks, Bobby !
You have provided Great Customer Service, every step of the way on release of Code* V .
And, still your are doing the same ! :-)

Looking forward to your next release, whatever that shall be !

~G
Bobby is and always has been very helpful. I appreciate the things he does.
I've had the opportunity to examine both the heavily and lightly aged versions of the Codex.

I think they are both equally good. The only reason one might prefer one over the other would be the backstory they are choosing to use. For example, the lightly aged version could be from the estate sale of a local wiccan. The heavily aged version could have been found amongst the belongings of a mysterious hermit in the woods.

For reasons I and others have stated on the Café, I don't think the book can be credibly passed off as being from the 19th century. I don't see this as a problem, though. As I've said before, I don't think an object has to necessarily be old in order to be magical.
Impressive service Bobby. It's always nice to see a passionate creator stand by her or his creation.
I've just done a google search on this and the only thread that comes up is in mentally speaking and is only a few posts long. This thread doesn't mention the full name but rather the standard abrieviation we use:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=528289&forum=303&4&start=0#3

I have tried an image search and get no pictures of the C.V.

Bobby's site comes up but does not contain the name of the book in question.

You actaully seem to get far more hits on unrekated, genuine occult works.

Am I missing something? Is my experience consistent with the results others get when they search?

If so, we seem to have a good deal of plausible deniability.

In related news, the updated pdf is nearing completion.
Bobby, if you send me a PM with the actual link to the post, I can edit it per your specifications. Just let me know.

I'm happy to do this for anyone.

David
[quote]On Jul 30, 2014, David Eichler wrote:
Bobby, if you send me a PM with the actual link to the post, I can edit it per your specifications. Just let me know.

I'm happy to do this for anyone.

David [/quote]
Thank you David! Just pm'd you. I really appreciate it.
I have found Bobby's customer service, follow-up and merchant integrity to be "above and beyond" in all dealings.
Can't wait to see his next creation!
[quote]On Jul 31, 2014, DocBenWiz wrote:
I have found Bobby's customer service, follow-up and merchant integrity to be "above and beyond" in all dealings.
Can't wait to see his next creation! [/quote]
Thank you Doc Ben! Just an update: Thanks to David Eichler, it's all taken care of. Website's clean too. Now we can all go back to our Lovecraftian ceremonies :)
I took my book to Malcesine in lake garda to a pals wedding. Late on at night, I unleashed it on some of the guests. It was great fun giving out readings to several guests. Earlier on in the day I overheard one of the guests complaining about his sore knee that was giving him problems. Imagine his shock, when later on I took him through the routine and then told him that the book told me that he had knee problems which with treatment would soon clear up!!
Met him last week. He told me that since the wedding his knee was much improved. Placebo effect perhaps, but maybe the book really has the power......!!!!
Is this going to be released again?
Seems not. not for this. But Mr. B. will release something else unique soon
I'm sure.
Wow, was I ever just embarrassed. After pitching codex as a rare out of print book a customer held up his phone to show me that not only was I not telling the truth but that the website says 25 copys are being printed. My copy is now going up for sale in the for sale section as it will never be used by me again. Very dissapointed. This is not the position I expected to be in when using a sold out limited edition item. It called into question everything I had done and said up to that point. That being the point they walked out. Unbelieveable. I would recommend this for a collector only. [/quote]

Are you actually planning to sell it?
That website is way out of date there are no more left...
[quote]On Aug 2, 2014, Darkness wrote:
That website is way out of date there are no more left... [/quote]
It's completely updated now! Quite a barren website now but removing the information about the book had to be done.
I am thankful to have obtained a 2nd hand one as I missed the original release & very happy to have this awesome CV ! :-)
[quote]On Aug 2, 2014, Lucien Astor wrote:

Are you actually planning to sell it? [/quote]
Alas... I bought it.
It is a book that does not come up for sale often because its that good. Bobby thanks for removing information on it. Many people believe its ok to keep special items in the public domain spotlight forever for no apparent gain. If its sold out and one of the true great effects of all time then it should be guarded by the community. I know I keep saying it but Im an elitist, ha, not really, Im just logical.
[quote]On Aug 3, 2014, reese wrote:
[quote]On Aug 2, 2014, Lucien Astor wrote:

Are you actually planning to sell it? [/quote]
Alas... I bought it. [/quote]

Nice catch Reese.

If I remember correctly, Bobby never had the full name of the book on his website.
He went to great lengths to guard the secrets.

Someone posted the full name of the book here on the Café (I believe it was a review of the book/effect).
Not only did they post the full name of the book, but they posted a link to Bobby's website.

Not much you can do about that. It even happened to one of Prof BC's books - Phantoms. Someone actually posted the title of the book.

It's unfortunate what happened to ZoopDog. That's possible with any bizarre effect. We need to monitor ourselves.
ZoopDog had a good run using codex....and then made a nice profit selling it to Reese.
I'm sure Reese will have a great time with this incredible effect.

I have no fear of using codex. It's a great effect.
I can't wait to see Bobby's next release.

Hey Bobby, I want to pre-order your next release - whatever it is!
Send me a PM.
I have a copy of Phantoms for sale, I will be posting it in let's make a deal soon..
Im all for buying anything Bobby puts out. That book is one of the best I have, its worth the second hand prices we are seeing and more. If its super limited and its a classic then congrats to those who own and use it. Im glad you agree we need to remind ourselves to be careful up here its easy to slip. Its also easy for those who don't own it to not be as concerned.
"ZoopDog had a good run using codex....and then made a nice profit selling it to Reese.
I'm sure Reese will have a great time with this incredible effect."

I did not make a profit on it. I broke even. I had custom work done on the book. I think you will be very happy with it. Tracking shows it arriving thursday. (going from coast to coast) I think Bobby is a great guy and I'm sure everyone appreciates him getting that info down. I think any item that is limited and sold out should be taken down and tracks erased if possible. I would definitely buy from BH again and I very much liked the book. Im sure it will serve its new owner well. I am in a fixed location and have repeat customers. Once something gets called out at that level - I am not able to use it anymore as I am no longer confident in my presentation around it. I never know if that person is gonna come in again or be part of another group that comes in. I could have retired it to my house but that is no place for something so many others would actively enjoy.
[quote]On Aug 3, 2014, ZoOpDoG wrote:
I think any item that is limited and sold out should be taken down and tracks erased if possible.[/quote]

Agreed!
Not sure the answer, but there needs to be an archive too...
What if all info is erased, a 100 yrs. from now a CV (insert name) is found.

Never to be known, what item is or used for ?

Or, must we take secrets to our graves... :-)
I'm going to pass down its secrets to my children ;)
Good idea pass it down to those you love or who know about it and forget the rest. But seriously, simply moving it downstairs is easy and logical. I think its important to maintain history and providence.

But the other part of me thinks if there is only 50-100 of something then maybe the people who bought it also paid for that privacy and exclusive access. Like someone here mentioned, once its discussed so much openly it loses its special quality and we start to see them being sold as we buy the next latest and greatest. There is no right or wrong answer, but it does depend on the person who owns it.

Antiques are valuable and rare often impossible to be 100 sure what it is but just because we don't know everything about it does not spoil the beauty or mystery. Some things do not require such close examination or understanding. They are just meant to be appreciated.

Bobbys book is one of them. If you didn't get it that's ok, Im sure you have a future antique of your own so enjoy it, forever in peace you have that right.
Looks to be another one for sale in the Café!
[quote]On Aug 4, 2014, horus1 wrote:
Looks to be another one for sale in the Café! [/quote]

Looks, like seller may have purchased two.
He, is offering buyer a choice of a standard aged or heavier aged version.

I had Bobby, make mine very/very lightly aged.
Either way you can't lose.
I love rhe CV I own, great as a collectible as well as a prop/routine that is wonderful....but I cannot wait for Bobby's next release!
I've lost track. What is the acceptable codename for this effect?
[quote]On Aug 6, 2014, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
I've lost track. What is the acceptable codename for this effect? [/quote]
Seriously
CodexV?
I use CV or CV3 or Codex V, not as a code ... to lazy to write it out ! :-)

But, I think most can figure it out on a CODEX V3NEFICIUM , thread.
Being that google is getting smarter all the time, I think that even v3neficium or similar won't fool it for too much longer. So CodexV or CV is probably better in the long run.
Okay, so the name on the website is not the codename?
If you mean Codex Arcana, I think that is just the name of the site as a whole rather than an individual book - I could be wrong though
That was my understanding too
The world of bizarre magic is a bewildering labyrinth filled with smoke and mirrors.
[i]"I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion."[/i]
I have an extra C0dex so I'm selling it in the lets make a deal section.
Does this have multiple...effects, or is it 'just' the birthdate reveal?
Well there are 16 pages of discussion and other threads. You really should read them because it's not enough to just describe the main effect which is a date reveal. It's like saying the Grand Canyon is a pretty view. The book looks amazing and aged :) It can be used for dark or light routines. There is no other book like it, which makes it truly unique. I have a lot of spooky book reveals but nothing like this. It's so personalized and plays different for everyone who comes in contact with it. There are other ways to use it I really don't want to say up here you can PM me. I'm being high level about it. It's a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. Just a birthday reveal no much deeper than that.
When I originally got this book there was a small hiccup with it and bobby offered to send me a 100 year old skeleton key as a make good. This was totally not nessecary as the discrepancy was mine not his. Either way it was super cool of him to send it. My wife used it last night while presenting an effect we call Dead Willing. It was a huge hit and because I publicly gave him crap about something before - I wanted to publicly thank him as well. So thanks for the cool key Bobby. it really was the perfect item to use as part of the DW presentation and I consider you to be in the top best guys to do business with I have ever met.
If anyone decides they no longer wish to own their copy of Cv
I am interetsed in obtaining a copy.

steve
Copy of original Codex V in for sale section.
Hi, I am looking for Codex V. Please let me know if you have one. Thanks.
[quote]On Jun 30, 2017, shakuni wrote:
Hi, I am looking for Codex V. Please let me know if you have one. Thanks. [/quote]

I am sure by now you have found your CV, and if you know anyone else who wants one, but I also have one (very reluctantly and with apologies to Bobby) that I wish to sell immediately due to sudden life circumstances. I am not posting yet on the Forum "For Sale" site (price will be very competitive!)
I will make a very good deal!! Well-aged original from December 2014 with many photos to email any potential buyer.
Please immediately email me at;
docbenwiz@aol for price and pics.
I think that there is one for sell if you go to check..
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jul 12, 2017 01:53PM)
I just pulled this from my place of where I keep my strange things. It has been a while since I preformed with this book. I am going to use it tonight at a small gathering.

I just re-read the instruction and it reminded me why I feel in love with this book. The book of Life and death. What a statement. I plan on going a little dark with it tonight. I am on the fence about using slates to leave a message from the past loved one...... that might be the wrong thing to do... But then again.....

Take care
Ray
Ever seen/read "Nightmare Alley (1947,) I wouldn't.

"Dorrie?

IT IS...

It is.

DORRIE!"

Excellent movie
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jul 12, 2017 04:47PM)
[quote]On Jul 12, 2017, Yogi2x4 wrote:
Ever seen/read "Nightmare Alley (1947,) I wouldn't.

"Dorrie?

IT IS...

It is.

DORRIE!"

Excellent movie [/quote]

Great movie and when he fainted, well, can't get any better than that.

Ray
Wonderful movie & book. I've seen the movie more then I've read the book though. (I've read the book 4 times) And... I use Code-V. Bobby Hasbun has also created two other gems I use... I love his thinking & practicality. I am looking forward to his next offering.
I have my Codex V and Inferno posted in the for sale section.
Day-Um! Two excellent items! I wouldn't part with either one
[quote]On Jul 19, 2017, reese wrote:
Day-Um! Two excellent items! I wouldn't part with either one [/quote]

It's hard to let them go but it's time to send them to a new home. My copy of Gh*st may be up for sale before long. Inferno has been sold, Codex V still available.
If you are seeking this marvel, I'm offering my copy below. Hopefully it will go to a fellow Spooky.

Bizarre Regards,
Perkins
If anyone is looking to sell, please PM me, I’m in the market!

Cheers,
Cooper