(Close Window)
Topic: Hi. My name is Emran and I am a Equivoque-a-holic.
I love Equivoque. Within the past few years my love for this art ( and yes I consider Equivoque an art when done RIGHT!) has grow substantially. This is basically a huge thank you post to all the contributors to this wonderful art form.
Below are some of the contributors that influenced me the most...Thank you:
Max Maven
Docc Hilford
Larry Becker
Kenton Knepper
Eugene Burger
Joshua Quinn
Bryn Reynold
Berglas
Chelman
.....there are a TON more!Feel free to add.

Contributors like this turned a mere `Magicians Choice` into a piece of theater. I also have made a few variations and contributions to the art. Once some@of my notes are finished I would love to share it with some of you all! My goal is to make a definitive resource book on all things Equivoque.
Welcome to the EA 13 step program!, its great you can be so open about your problem / addiction at your first meet, I'm sure you will find lots of friends here that share your feelings!
I noticed early on that I was getting sucked into this issue so I kind of stopped myself after reading Maven and Hilford back to back but then Byrn Reynolds got into my life somehow followed by some of the insights I've seen shared by a few others. . . while most of it pales against the original backdrop offered by Maven & Hilford, it's all a thing of haunting beauty and possession.
I'm a huge fan of Bryan's 7, it's served me well and easy to do, not to mention Doccs work which was what really got me steered in the right direction in the first place. Welcome to the forum,

Darren
Hmmm... did you really have a choice to not appreciate the art of equivoque?
Ted Annemann, at the very top of my list! And of everyone's list, I believe, for what has become the "basic" method.
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (Oct 9, 2013 02:09PM)
Sup Emran! I remember David Berglas doing a mighty fine demonstration of this on one of his TV specials with Christopher Lee.

Not sure in the point of this post, just felt like typing...
I particularly like the one in Heirloom Redux by Mark Elsdon, it is very "fair".
This one is very good also... by the "master"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6t3n0ghEu9Y
[quote]
On 2013-10-09 15:32, doriancaudal wrote:

[/quote]

Great clip.
I would be interested in your notes. Max is awesome.
You may want to get in touch with Dan Harlan - he will tell you he has some new thinking on this subject.
Welcome from another addict of equivoque!

I have some wonderful subtleties that you may be interested in. Let's talk!

Cheers
Art
If you love equivoque you are probably a control freak. :)
That's NOT true! I demand you take that back! In fact I ORDER you! ;)

Cheers
Art
A mentalist losing his password.....YIKES.....LoL.
Hi Emran,

I would name Hector Chadwick as a reference as well!

Another great example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kqpMeT5LTRs#t=263

Would love to exchange ideas with you.
[quote]
On 2013-10-10 11:08, Art Vanderlay wrote:
That's NOT true! I demand you take that back! In fact I ORDER you! ;)

Cheers
Art
[/quote]

:)
[quote]
On 2013-10-09 13:08, Bard wrote:
but then Byrn Reynolds got into my life somehow followed by some of the insights I've seen shared by a few others. . .
[/quote]

Why, Bard, it makes it sound much more ....intimate...than we really are....haha

(Glad you like SEVEN...thanks...)

Bryn
Sup?
[quote]

[/quote]

Love Max's performance. All so subtle. But I do have a question about the predictions. Max used both a ring and a folded prediction card that, of course, matched the card the girl "chose." But why both a ring and folded card? Wouldn't one prediction have been enough? It seemed redundant to me that after he unfolded the card he had her turn over her hand to reveal the ring. The crowd seemed to love the final reveal though (assuming it was a genuine response), so maybe I'm missing something.

- Bob
[quote]
On 2013-11-17 09:11, seneca77 wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

Love Max's performance. All so subtle. But I do have a question about the predictions. Max used both a ring and a folded prediction card that, of course, matched the card the girl "chose." But why both a ring and folded card? Wouldn't one prediction have been enough? It seemed redundant to me that after he unfolded the card he had her turn over her hand to reveal the ring. The crowd seemed to love the final reveal though (assuming it was a genuine response), so maybe I'm missing something.

- Bob
[/quote]

it´s a double punch, like Nemo 1500. The card is also engraved!
There are so many wonderful books on equivoque. "E-voque" by Docc Hilford, "Safwan Papers" by Bryn Reynolds, "Mental Control" by Max Maven, "The Equivoque Choice" by Jack Dean, "The Mind and Magic of David Berglas", etc. Hard to make a pick. Tell you what, put your left hand over one of the books….
[quote]
On 2013-11-17 13:21, gabelson wrote:
There are so many wonderful books on equivoque. "Safwan Papers" by Bryn Reynolds, Tell you what, put your left hand over one of the books….
[/quote]

Gabe...I find it..fitting...that the one your hand decided to come to rest upon was Safwan....

Haha...some great references mentioned, and thanks for including me. I love this topic....

Bryn
[quote]
On 2013-11-17 09:11, seneca77 wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

- Bob
[/quote]
The ring gives her the power. It is the cause, the cause.
[quote]
On 2013-11-17 18:40, landmark wrote:

The ring gives her the power. It is the cause, the cause.
[/quote]

Thank you! This is something we often forget...