(Close Window)
Topic: Welcome to the Magic Café Paul!
As founder and manager it is again my pleasure to introduce our special [I]GUEST OF HONOR[/I] for the month of October 2013.

So please give a big Magic Café welcome to [b]Paul Romhany[/b]!

Thanks for being with us Paul! :)
Hi Paul...Big fan, read all your infomation your write on the Hocus Pocus site. Just ordered your Linking Hearts, how did you come up with this linking effect? Looking forward to having fun with this effect. The very best
Hello Paul,
Welcome to the Café, have a nice stay here.
Hi Paul,

So happy to see you made it to the forum. Welcome,

Ray
Hi Paul,
Thanks for taking the time to spend the week with us. Enjoy yourself while you're here!
Best,
David
Thanks - looking forward to chatting.

Regards the Linking Hearts - that started for me in my teens (well over 30 years ago) when I first started doing a ring on string routine. It was a staple of my close-up act for years. Then I found a heart shaped ring used for crochet in a shop so started using that instead of a ring. I found the reaction had much more impact as I wove a story around the heart. It was also the perfect effect when working restaurants and walk-about especially when performing for couples. From there I made up a set of Linking Hearts and started using those. The Linking Hearts that are for sale today (actually I believe almost sold out) - were completely remodelled by illusion designer Mark Parker. Mark took my concept and had the hearts custom made just for this effect. One of the things that make this stronger than a regular set of linking rings is that the links and unlinks are incredibly visual - you can do things with these you can't do with a regular set of the smaller linking rings. I'm extremely proud of this effect as it's now become a staple of many working professional magicians around the world. It's always a thrill to see what others create with effects I release.

Paul
Welcome Paul, looking forward to your week.
Welcome, Paul! Glad to have the opportunity to spend some online time with you here on the Café!

Christopher
I love your compilation of mental epic effects - Mental Epic Compundium. I was wondering which ones are your favorites?
Hello Paul! Its so great to see you on here as a special guest! I look forward to reading the feedback and responses to all of the questions these guys and gals throw your way!

All the best,
Bryan Gilles
Hi Paul. It's wonderful to see a New Zealander as GUEST OF HONOR on the Café! Congratulations. You're an inspiration to magicians all around the world. One question: you're probably the busiest person I know. When do you manage to fit in time for sleep?

Enjoy your week,
Richard
Hello dykstraj99
Mental Epic is one of my all time favorite effects - it's been in my act since I was about 12 years old! I would say in the book Andrew Gerard's take on Mental Epic is the way I perform it - together we came up with ways and means and really nailed it. Andrew has a mind that is like no other I know - and his approach to Mental Epic made so much more sense than anything I'd seen before. Also, in the book Banachek's routine using nothing but business cards is my all time favorite close-up version.
Welcome to the Café Paul. So glad you are (finally!) here as an invited guest of honour, for a visit and chat with fellow members. :)

Jonathan
Thanks Jonathan - great to see you on here.
You deserve more than guest of honor In my eyes you deserve the highest of recognition... You are a giant and have contributed much to the magic community.. Especially vanish it's platinum ...
Thanks so much CarlZen- it's these kind words that keeps me going with VANISH. It's my way of giving back to magic which has been so good to me and my family. VANISH is all about the positive in magic and I focus on that and surround myself with all that is good in our art.
Hey Paul, I just found out you are the guest of honor. Well done indeed my friend. You are awesome in so many ways and this is the perfect place for you as the special guest.

Looking forward to reading your posts and others who post here too. We still need to go out and smack a few balls on the golf course before it snows here buddy! Give me a shout when you finally have a wee bit of free time and lets hit the links!

Tony
Tony why should the snow stop us?? I just got some new clubs (well I found them in the dumpster actually) so want to give them a whirl. Let's get together this week. Hey - I could phone you :)
Yes, indeed Paul, let us do just that. Seeing as how we only live 5 minutes from each other and you live right across from the golf course, I do believe we should do that sooner than later!

Tony
Tony those clubs I have are Taylor Mades - might improve my game:)
Hi Paul - Loving your Pro Series Books. can you give us a sneak peek at upcoming titles? ;)
Hi Paw - yes I have an egg bag like no other that I've kept secret for many years - all will be revealed and the new edition is something I'm working on by John Taylor from Australia. It's a fantastic routine called WatchDog where a spectators watch ends up inside a balloon animal. It's great for kids and adults alike. The book will be released shortly.
Hello Paul,

Welcome aboard! Thank you for passing some time with us.

Vanish Magazine on iPad has been a real treat. Now the wife can shop or do ballet and I still have magic news with me in a form that I can start and stop as time allows. Please keep it up.

I look forward to your egg information to come. We have plenty of Down Under magicians who use our brown eggs. Are you doing your Egg Bag with brown eggs too?

Thanks again.

Bob
Hi Bob
The Egg Bag will be part of the Pro-Series books so people can use any egg bag and egg they like. I know brown eggs in Australia and NZ are more common than white ones so that's great you are making those. I'm now living in Canada and it's funny to see such a choice of eggs:)