(Close Window)
Topic: Pyro Perception Patter
Hey guys I just recently purchased Pyro Perception which is a great trick but I was just wondering what patter do you guys use when performing this?

I'm trying to get some ideas because right now I don't have much patter for this. Thanks a lot for the help.

-Alex-
"Kids, don't try this at home!"

I'm unfarmiliar with the effect, but I do a good bit with fire if you want to PM the effect I'd be happy to help you come up with some patter. :firedevil:
I just did this last night at a Christmas party and this is the patter I used, "Please take a card."

Say it was the four of diamonds. Show it around to everyone and place it back in the deck. Now give the deck a quick shuffle.

"Perfect, (I whip out my zippo) don't try this at home. Now if I hold my fingers in the flame long enough, owe ah, I can get it to blister a little, ah ooh ouch, there I think that's good. Now if you look at the blister on my thumb it kinda looks like four and on my finger it looks kinda like a diamond."

At the beginning it is also worth showing that there is nothing on your fingers. People flip out!

Happy holidays! :xmas:
Thanks for the help, because I LOVE this trick but I just didn't have much of a patter and I plan on performing it soon at some parties, etc.

If anyone else has any good ideas for patter let me know.
I'm not sure it really needs patter. I don't have the trick, but I know the effect, and it's a very visual and startling one, if done right. Perhaps set up the beginning like some other card trick, then casually reach into the flames and get the blister.

Or what about starting out by talking about magicians and fire, and how Prometheus was chained for bringing fire to Man, or whatever fire-related patter you want, emphasizing fire as magic. Then go into the trick.

Personally, I'd just use the first method. Present it like it's another card trick, then get out the lighter. Part of what makes this trick effective, after all, is the fact that the spectator doesn't know what's coming. If you have a fire-related patter, though, they are expecting something with the fire, so the overall "wow" factor may drop some (at least, this is how it seems to me).
There's an idea. Try the trick silent! It's so visual it may be worth just going through it silently and letting the effect takes its own course.

Just a thought.
I agree with the silent method, PP is such a strong effect, miming it would stand out in an act of fire.
I do this trick quite often and I don't say a word. It works perfectly because all they see you do is start burning your finger, doing it that way never fails to get a "What the hell is he doing?" kind of reaction.
If you guys love this effect check out my routine with it; I hope you like it.

[url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=39141&forum=37]click here[/url]

It is in the secret sessions so you need 50 posts; sorry.
How about delaying the revelation until a later time? You can just say that you'll get back to them later or even put the card in an envelope or something. Then later you could burn the envelope (with card inside) and use the flame for your revelation.

(I quite like that! I just made it up now; think I'll try it out later!)
The above post is brilliant. I wouldn't leave it too long though as it gives you time to check the deck, press your fingers into a stencil or anything. I think the immediate revelation works quite well, and leaves no ideas as to how it was done.
I have them write their chosen card on a piece of flash paper, fold it up, hand it back to me and then I light it. I shake my hand a little like there is some pain involved and then show the blisters matching the chosen card. :rotf:
I agree that you should build up 50 posts and check Hack's routine in the Secret Sessions area. Some very good ideas there.

XX
I make it seem like I mess up and I can't seem to find the card. After naming the wrong card for the third time, I make a false escape by offering to do a lighter effect instead. I would do a few flourishes and then pretend to get a blister from the flame. I then pause and look at my audience with a confused look, as if I couldn't make up the impression on my fingers. Then I ask them to see for themselves. I hope you guys try it. PM me if it works for you.

All the best,
rannie