(Close Window)
Topic: Psycho Quiz Prediction
http://tvmagic.co.uk/2012/shop/psycho-quiz-prediction/

Ok, yesterday I was invited by Anthony Owen to pop along to Objective Productions London office where he performed and taught me it...

Obviously I hope you've read the stuff in the link above, so I can skip those bits...

So you get the gimmicks, a video link and you source the magazine enough - easy enough to do. A one time set up is needed, and once its done, that's it. All you need is something to write on and with...

its as simple and direct as possible:
you size them up, and write down three separate pieces of info on business cards, note pad, whatever and from there on in - you do not go near that again at any point...well, if you've used a pad you might wanna ask for it back afterwards...nothing is re-arranged, moved, or sw**c*ed or after-facted

you read out each of the three questions and responses (a choice of three each time) and a record is kept of those choices that anyone can write down, on anything at all...the person speaks out their response each time, whether they select A, B or C...

once the quiz is over, you go to the answers page and read out the points for each answer...you can show it/hold it for them to read out themselves if you so wish...

please go read the page I've linked to, watch the demo - its as simple and as straight forward as that...

really like it - is a great "in" to any style of mentalism you may perform, its a very popular magazine that you could 'borrow' from just about anywhere if that helps you...

I hate having to say it - but I will, just because..well, you never know, someone MIGHT ask the question on here...you do this with one person from a group, and you do not repeat it for the same people either...as for handing it out - meh...i dunno, I wouldn't bother personally - its just a magazine, a famous one! treat it as you would normally and forget about it/move on...

so with that said - its a very good price, easy to perform, set up and handle...and its a magazine, I'm sure you could go onto plenty of other things that might use a magazine as a jumping off point too...

8.5/10
Sounds too good to be true... very curious about this...
What is it that has made you curious?
I've watched the video, and if I'm honest, don't really get it. just feels a bit 'meh' to me, but maybe I'm missing other potential applications.
Fair enough...

its three predictions that you make before the quiz starts, and each are correct 100%...and its all self contained within the one magazine...all before the participant answers any questions/makes any choices...
[quote]
On 2013-12-01 09:27, aukt wrote:
I've watched the video, and if I'm honest, don't really get it. just feels a bit 'meh' to me, but maybe I'm missing other potential applications.
[/quote]

What I really like about this effect is that you are making predictions about the spectator's personality, not about random, strange selections of playing cards or other bizarre props. You are predicting exactly which personal choices they will make. For me the effect seems to have much deeper implications about your ability to read someone's character, instead of just predicting some random selections. Anyway everyone is entitled to their own opinion...
Absolutely correct Steve...I agree 100%.
I placed my order last night after reading Iain's recommendation and will post my thoughts after putting it through it's paces.

Paul Mc.
Somebody asked me via pm why I only gave it 8.5...

a) nothing is perfect
b) might seem a bit odd of me, considering I was given my copy and taught by anthony
c) you are predicting 3 things within the context of a quiz - its not an absolute free reign kinda thing
d) its very good for what it is...a magazine/quiz test!
Looks like something I might be able to use, I will order it and let you know what I think when it arrives
Cosmo has some very funny headlines on the front page typically... and is a kind of lightly trashy female mag that could be a lot of fun to use.
This is good. VERY good......

I love this idea... the simplicity is genius.. no outs, 100% spot on , EVERYTIME !!..100% self contained .... IMO this could of been double the price...

...will be working this over the weekend.. will let you know how it plays...

nice work Anthony !!..
I've just gone through the one time only prep for this (which is quite simple) and will try it out on 'her indoors' a bit later. I'll let ya know what occurs............
If my understanding is correct, there should be NO heat on the magazine, right? The reason is, I would think the spectators want to compare their own responses (written by them on a pad of paper) against the cards provided to them in advance of the routine? So, the heat is ALL on those 2 items, right?

Regards,
Mike
Yes you are correct. All the heat is on those ungimmicked items which the spectators can examine and keep as souvenirs.
I'm living in France and perform in French. Do you think this routine fits to te french language ?
No.

its a magazine written in english...
I like it. Good thing to use with company and a mag lying around.
OK, so I went to order this. The product is 20 pounds and the shipping is 14 pounds to Florida. What's it made out of ?

I think I'll wait till penguin or some us retailer carries it. Oh, I'll b penguin does carry it.
I like it.
Postage costs are a mystery. JC

I've just had to pay $10 to ship 2 quarters to Europe.

Steve
Yeah, me 2. I ordered the magazine from penguin. Got a good rate.
Pleased you liked it John C.
The effect is a pain in the rear door to set up, but once you're done with that it is super-fun to perform, always spot on in its predictions, and gets strong reactions. I personally love it!
Thanks Marco
Folks with an interest in this effect might want to check out the rave review from David Regal in the current (Andi Gladwin) issue of Reel Magic.
I bought this from Anthony last summer at Magic Live. It's a fun effect to perform. I generally perform in a bookstore, so the magazine is a pretty organic to have there. I agree wholeheartedly with Iain's review - nothing's perfect, but the premise is fun to use rather than just predicting some random word or phrase.
Anyone have any tips for setting up? I just got my second set and wasn't overly happy with the first go. Obviously no one really sees it but as an object the magazine gets a bit awkward to hold and flip through.
So now that some time has passed and this has had a good workout, may I ask how this plays to an audience?